Über Kashoo

Kashoo is a cloud-based accounting solution for small business owners who want the control and simplicity of doing their own books. It’s time-saving, fully customizable, and easy-to-use. It’s a great alternative to complicated...

4,1

Nutzerbewertungen zu Kashoo durchsuchen

129 von 129 Bewertungen
Geoff
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 16.7.2021

Kashoo Much better than some of other choices

My overall experience has been great. I paid one time and eliminated any monthly payments. It is very reasonable for the price and works as well as high-end programs.

it is very inexpensive and it takes care of everything that I need to be done from accounting software.

It can be difficult to download transactions so they can be accounted for in the business. However, it is still very efficient.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 27.8.2019

Great Software--If You Don't Need to Connect Any Bank Accounts

Ideally, Kashoo would be that accounting software that provided accurate cash flow statements and analyses that were no older than 2-3 days, and would include not just bank account transactions, but also credit card spending and transactions. In our office, any bills or charges that are setup for automatic payments or auto-pay are linked to credit cards, rather than our bank account(s). If I could get Kashoo to function properly with our credit card AND bank accounts, then I would save myself and our CPA tremendous amounts of time and paper clutter at tax time because I could provide statements or reports from Kashoo with itemized expenditures for all accounts. Alas, until Kashoo can resolve its synchronization issues with our financial institutions, then I'm forced to go through and annotate each credit card statement with the expense type, etc. then email or fax each statement to our accountants...

After reading so many great reviews about Kashoo and its comprehensive but UX-friendly accounting features, I was super-excited to purchase a steeply discounted subscription/membership on App Sumo several months ago. I was particularly looking forward to being able to sync multiple company bank accounts, as well as our daily credit card sales from Square POS, in a single application. The Square/SquareUp integration is among Kashoo's strongest features in my experience, as I can't recall any synchronization issues or glitches accessing Square data in Kashoo. It also has an iPhone app that's fairly functional, albeit wholly utilitarian in its look and feel. However, considering how much data and memory are consumed when running most accounting programs, the Kashoo app manages to be easily sync-able and fast, which I wasn't expecting...

Connecting bank accounts and accessing transactions has been a thorn in my side from Day One. I've tried multiple browsers--Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.--and tinkered with firewall and security settings far more than I probably should trying to get Kashoo to work correctly with operating account at PNC. I don't know if it's because of the number of transactions or the fact that there's a secondary trust account attached to PNC's online business banking, but I cannot get some of the most crucial bank and credit card accounts to work properly on Kashoo. I've also had issues with credit card accounts and have tried deleting and reconnecting accounts so many times that I'm to the point where I haven't even attempted to open Kashoo in weeks.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Sage Business Cloud Accounting und QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Warum Kashoo gewählt wurde

Wave was great--at first... But the more transactions and account data were synched and/or uploaded, the slower and more sluggish it got. Also had a bad experience using their credit card processing system/feature (they refunded a customer's money without notifying us beforehand because apparently they were prohibited from servicing businesses in our sector) which forced us to seek out budget-friendly, feature-rich alternatives for our small business.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Wave Accounting
Bill
  • Branche: Automotive

Bewertet am 23.9.2021

Not good

Where do I even begin? Kashoo’s bank feeds fro my credit card show up in USD, even though the card is CAD. They had no fix for this, so the feed became largely useless. When I purchased the software on a lifetime deal, I was told I would be able to upgrade to Kashoo 2.0, an upgraded and improved product, complete with machine learning for automatic categorization of imported transactions. As it stands, Kashoo is quite clumsy and time-consuming to use. Each transaction has to be manually dealt with; there are no features that allow bulk or automatic categorization. Kashoo 2.0 materialized for a brief period, and then became Trulysmall. When I finally requested to have my subscription transferred, I was told that wasn’t an option. Without major upgrades, Kashoo is unbearable to use. Stick to the other tried and true options out there. They might cost more, but surely an additional 5-10 hours of your time per month is worth the extra $10-20 you’ll pay to get real accounting software.

It's inexpensive, that's about it, it's not good.

Clunky, lacks many features of its competitors, time-consuming, bank feeds don't always work

Die besten Alternativen zu Kashoo

Carma
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 26.7.2019

Good Value for the SoloEntrepreneur

I've been doing my books in Excel for years, but have gotten to a point where that just isn't working for me anymore. I needed an accounting software solution and didn't want to go with the one I've been using for personal expenses due to personal beliefs. Then I heard about Kashoo. It was affordable. It looked fairly easy to learn and robust enough to grow with me. I haven't used it much yet, but I really like what I've seen so far.

The software is relatively easy to use for a beginner. It also looks like something I can grow with and even pass on to an accountant once my business has grown large enough.

There is a bit of a learning curve and I'm not able to import information the way I was hoping to.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Warum Kashoo gewählt wurde

My business was getting sophisticated enough that a spreadsheet just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Kashoo

I discovered that Quicken supports organizations that go against by religious beliefs and do not want to have my money go toward those causes.
Dan
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 11.9.2019

If you don't want to pay for Quickbooks, look at Kashoo

I needed to run financial statements and reports my previous software could not generate. I am happy with Kashoo and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an alternative to QB.

I was able to score a deal on this software, but I had been looking for a new accounting software for sometimes. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I really like the bank syncing (which nearly all software provides) and the ability to add users (add your bookkeeping, accountant, etc) and limit their privileges.

Not really their fault, but the big player in this game is Quickbooks, and nearly all professionals know how to use QBs. It was a bit harder to find someone familiar with Kashoo, but after that hurdle was over, the software works pretty well.

Dave
  • Branche: Musik

Bewertet am 7.9.2018

Great Canadian Accounting software

I've used Kashoo to track my finances as a professional musician for a few years now and it has never let me down. It's very fast to get in and out and do what I need to do. I love being able to support a Canadian company, in Canadian dollars :) Support has been very responsive when I've needed it.

Kashoo is very clean and lightweight. Not flashy, but that makes navigating the web app and iPhone app snappy.

Lacks some of the bells and whistles of the 'big boys' in this space - like integrations with other services. That's not something I need right now, but could be useful in the future. Kashoo's design can seem lacklustre at first. There's power in that, but it's not nearly as friendly-looking as Freshbooks, for example.

Kimberly
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 27.9.2020

Kashoo makes my CPA happy

I use Kashoo daily to keep track of my business income, expenses, and invoicing.

Kashoo is easy to use. It's easy to invoice my clients by sending them invoices directly via Kashoo. It's recommended by my CPA and the reports make him happy.

I would love to be able to set up recurring invoices but Kashoo doesn't offer recurring invoices. Maybe in future?

Randy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 8.11.2019

Good software for bookkeeping

It is a great software that help people on day to day bookkeeping.

This software is very easy to understand for people who do not have accounting background. I taught my clients for this software and then can learn it very fast, there is always someone to help you online. Great software in the market now.

Some functions are confusing for example, to overwrite GST or PST. There is no formal instruction on how to perform these functions

Randy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 5.4.2019

Good software and very easy to use

We have used Kashoo to help our small business owner to get their own books. By doing this way we made less mistake on bookkeeping and saved our clients lots of money.

1. Very clear interface, when I show this software to our client they could easily understand.
2. Very functional, I can enter all the data efficiently, this software also remember entries.
3. Support is always there, every time I have question I can just live chat with the support and get my answer within few minutes.

1.for our client from china we may need different languages to help those who does not understand English able to make their own books.
2. A comprehensive training would be best for users.
3. More features helping client like scan in or suggestion entries for better client experience whenever they need support.

Miguel
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 1.7.2019

The Online Account Software for Startups

My overall experience is that my accountant loves this, and everywhere I go I automatically turn heads because this software makes me look professional even though I am a Company of One.

It has a very clean look and the fact that I can look at my statement very quickly is amazing

A step by step onboarding would be ideal.

Rick
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Bewertet am 24.6.2019

Perfection (Almost)

We absolutely couldn't run our business as efficiently as we do without Kashoo. It allows us to be agile and respond to our customers' needs in an instant if necessary. We've had many of our larger customers ask us if we could help some of their other vendors to get better organized. With the help of Kashoo, we've set the bar for others to reach.

We've been using Kashoo for many years. The ease of use is amazing. We know exactly what is happening in our business at any given moment. Although we typically don't use the mobile apps, they are useful if your business model is more suited to mobile. The web app is solid. Uptime is impressive. Support is quick and thorough.

Most users wouldn't notice but when you get a bit outside the box you're going to need some assistance from the support team. Some tasks are quite involved when you get past the ordinary. No worries though, the support team is there to guide you through.

What we like most is the flexibility of the software and the multi-user capability.

Dealing with vendor credits is a pain when you pay by cheque. We would really like to have some inventory control tied into invoices. The new statement feature is nice but we would like to have control over the fields displayed in the report. In particular, we would like to be able to have our customers' PO numbers listed so that they can more easily cross reference our invoices.

Carrie
  • Branche: Automotive

Bewertet am 13.12.2016

My Kashoo Experience

I Love Kashoo but I wish there was more help online, I'm trying to figure out how to deduct money from an employee for a garnish of wages and I thought I did it correctly but it was wrong, because I'm a really small business and have less than 5 employees I can not get any help. I also wish that the invoice section of Kashoo was easier to use. But It's way more user-friendly than other programs! So yes I like it !!

Easy to use, easy to keep track of things, like the reminders it gives in the side column

Invoicing is not that great, or it could be that I'm not knowledgeable in creating invoices in Kashoo. Wish there was more help for the free accounts, but hey can't get much for free these days.

Antwort von Kashoo

Hi Carrie, thanks for the review! Kashoo offers many support options and our team is ready to help you any time you need it - by phone 1-888-520-5274, by live chat that's available from within the app, by email at [email protected], and through our self-serve support site at support.kashoo.com. We also regularly host live webinars. You can visit kashoo.com/webinars to see what's coming up. I hope that helps!

Beantwortet am 14.12.2016
Diaa
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 27.9.2016

Best Accounting Solution for SME's

Being the owner of a small company with no accounting background at all made my decision to handle accounts a crazy one, but thanks for Kashoo who helped me overcome this challenge successfully! A well developed piece of software with a huge bunch of educational videos and guiding articles, equipped with excellent customer support is exactly what you look for when you are starting your first steps in accounting. Kashoo made my life easier and gave me full control over my cash flow!

- Ease of use
- Accessibility across different platforms
- Realtime save and backup
- Well designed interface
- Fully customizable invoices and reports
- Full-featured iOS app for iPad.

- Lack of a generic (non-US) payroll/HR component
- Useless android app!

Deborah
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 22.1.2019

Great accounting program, easy to learn and use, but report formatting needs a lot of work.

I know that the look of reports is not a top priority in accounting software, but a clean, professional look does matter to me. I have been advised by Kashoo that they are working on them but it has been months now and nothing has been fixed. If it wasn't for this issue, the software would get a 5/5 from me. I really like using the program and don't want to switch to something else.

Has everything I need to run my small business
Easy to learn and use, not a huge learning curve
Canadian product!

Data entry requires a lot of scrolling up and down
Report formatting really needs work:
- Accounts are not in numerical order
- Columns don't line up
- Some reports have no title or date range, I have to add them manually (statements and ledger)
- Font headers are huge and can't be adjusted, creating way more pages than needed
- No way to adjust page sizing (often get one line on a second page when it would easily fit on the first)
- Report templates are not customizable, they can only be fixed by Kashoo.

Stuart
  • Branche: Design

Bewertet am 24.1.2017

Very easy to use.

Very intuitive software. I have been a CPA for over 40 years. Great for clients "on the go" to maintain accurate records. I use it for all my own personal use as well.

Portability, ease of use.

Would like to see more selectivity in reports.

Antwort von Kashoo

Stuart,
Thanks for the review. I am going to reach out to you directly to find out what is happening with your log-in process it should be a few seconds at most.

Beantwortet am 30.1.2017
Keisha

Bewertet am 27.8.2015

Young, Fresh & AWESOME to use!

My experience with Kashoo has been amazing - I took my time looking for counting software for my new small business. Being a bit shy around numbers Kashoo has made my experience with money, transactions and invoicing very smooth and extremely professional. Before I had Kashoo I was creating my own invoices, based on very little knowledge - doing a tonne of work saving it all on my iPad and it was so unorganized. When I discovered Kashoo, I literally was on it for a few hours and re-did all my invoices for the year so that they were organized and presentable. I am extremely particular about organizing and Kashoo makes my life very simple when it comes to accounting! Everything you need Kashoo has - not to mention the webinars and the direct contact you get from their customer service. The young, up to date feel; relevant, fresh knowledge behind Kashoo makes it fun to do your accounting - clean, crisp, consise invoicing makes me feel comfortable, confident and a true small-business owner. The best thing about using Kashoo is that you can create an invoice in less than 30 seconds. A lot of the work I do can be last minute with clients calling in for a session in the morning - with a few finger taps I've got the invoice ready to be emailed by the end of the session - getting paid faster and making things easy for the client.
I would actually like to thank Kashoo for helping me get where I am today and be able to track my financials through their easy to use software. As a young small business owner Kashoo helped make organizing my finances a priority! Love it!!

• Branche: Konsumgüter

Bewertet am 13.12.2016

Flexible software

One of the really good things is that you can use the software in a simple way but it can also grow to include more features. Means that you can get to grips with bookeeping and add function as you and your business grow

It's flexibility

Andy
  • Branche: Sportartikel

Bewertet am 15.2.2017

Great Accounting Software and App. Especially for a regular Joe like me.

I like the way the Mobile app works seamlessly with the desktop version. I'm on the go a lot, it's nice to use an accounting software that keeps up with me.
Its easy to use. When I do have questions the Customer Service is top notch. They also have timely emails and webinars to help you prepare to tax season and the like.

Easy to use both online and on mobile devices

None that I have found yet.

Ran
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 2.4.2019

The only real alternative to Xero

I have been using Kashoo for a few weeks now.
The product itself works great and is easy to use, though some features could be more intuitive (double taxes for e.g.)
Support is awesome - and the solution is highly configurable.
I have tried Wave and Quickbooks before - If you are in Canada - this is certainly the way to go, as this has Canadian payroll integrations built in (hint: there is more than payroll provider you can use !)

This is the only real competitor to Xero (which I haven't tried).
Amazing!

- So far - everything is configurable
- Great online documentation
- Integration with payroll
- The service is amazing

- Some features are not out of the box or not intuitive enough, so you have to ping-pong support even after browsing through documentation.
Luckily, support is amazing and answers politely, accurately and within a few hours.
e.g.:
- Double taxes which apply in some provinces - was able to figure it out with support
- French Invoices (hey, we're in Canada and Kashoo is Canadian!) - was able to figure it out with support (had to do the HTML myself, but the tool permits that which is better than Quickbooks and Wave I have tried before)

Harmik

Bewertet am 25.6.2019

Great Software for small businesses

I like how easy it is to use on a day to day basis. It is very user friendly and easy for anyone to pick up. The customer service has also been outstanding!

It currently doesn't have the ability to link creditcards which would be awesome as some of my clients grow. I think it's a feature that's coming however

Charmaine
  • Branche: Landwirtschaft

Bewertet am 8.7.2019

Co-Owner

I love the reports.

If I would be a good bookkeeper, and do it monthly it would be a snap. It is well organized. Some things I do find difficult, and find that the support can be a rather long wait to receive. Example. Have been doing GST return quarterly manually, and can't figure out how to input it. Have had no resolution from helpdesk yet. But will work on it when I return from World Championships end of the month

The support online is good, but the hours of service not great. Would prefer noon till 9 weekdays and hours on Saturday/Sunday as well. Which is when I often work on books.

DAVID
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Bewertet am 25.6.2019

Making it Happen with Kashoo

The cloud based operational system enables access by key partners as well as the ability to enter current information, regardless of time or place. Under Kashoo Features the "Create and track project costs" has allowed us to monitor multiple discrete activities in a singular fashion.

Kashoo's user friendly, intuitive layout and extensive support base enables a novice to get up and functioning in a relatively short time frame.

The addition of a budget segment would enable a nice comparative feature. Currently I am unaware of such an feature in Kashoo.

Peter
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Bewertet am 5.4.2019

Accounting that meets your level of use

Serves my needs and level of proficiency well.

They offer ongoing training to enhance your experience with use. Fairly easy navigation and easy to use even for those not well experienced in bookkeeping. Easy to go back and make corrections. Offers different levels of use from basic bookkeeping to issuing invoices and charting of information. Easy access to real time online tech support.

Had some issues of connectivity that required tech support

Phillip
  • Branche: Design

Bewertet am 14.4.2019

Keep Track Of Your Business

Does what it advertise.

Very user-friendly and apt for small business use. We use it for one of our new online business. Sync with our local bank and we love the users invite feature where shareholders and our accountant can 'collaborate' easily, even when using ios app.

If only Kashoo has the tracked invoicing and reminders feature, that will be great.

Hans
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 10.7.2018

Probably the best Cloud Accounting software there is

Super intuitive to use. Everything is laid out efficiently. Everything also works as expected. Mistakes are easy to spot and correct.

Lack of support with accountants who actually use them. They need to get accountants to use them somehow, and create a network like Xero did, as I found that a super effective way to convince users to adopt it.

129 Bewertungen