Adaptive Insights is a business intelligence and analytics platform that helps businesses of all sizes incorporate intelligence into planning processes. The platform enables users to convert spreadsheets into graphs and charts through data-driven insights.
Primary features of Adaptive Insights include visual dashboards, ad-hoc reporting, modeling, financial planning, doughnut charts, standard bars and more. Additionally, the solution automatically updates charts by connecting them to the already existing data sources. The platform lets users create visualizations in various forms such as standard columns, bubble and funnel graphics.
Adaptive Insights integrates with Salesforce, NetSuite, Intacct, WorkDay, Oracle and Great Plains Dynamics. Pricing of the product is available on request and support is extended via phone, email, live chat, online help desk and documentation.
Ben G. Branche: Konsumgüter Mitarbeiteranzahl: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Overall, Adaptive Insights has been a great software to work with. AI has increased the FP&A departments productivity during month end close and review by multiple days.
- The software is a cloud based, so you will have access anywhere you have the internet.
- No more “this worksheet is locked by another user” message.
- Imports and Exports to/from excel seamlessly…for those of you that like to work out of excel.
- Dashboard capabilities for more real time department metrics and visibility to spend.
- Rolling forecasting capabilities that allow us as a company to focus more on the future and less on the past.
- Instant Company budget/forecast results.
- Audit trails…never have to worry who, what, or when someone changed a number you budgeted or forecasted. All changes will be tracked.
- Company-wide visibility to Personnel and Capex planning that drives the cost of benefits, IT equipment, and supplies.
- Software enhancements are only every 4 to 5 months.
- Levels (Organization Departments) can be restricting to planning across multiple departments
- Noting variances in a report can be tricky at times.
Have an implementation plan and review it offend.
Krystyna L. Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste Mitarbeiteranzahl: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Our employees were used to working with Excel spreadsheets. We considered such an approach not completely effective, so our choice turned next to Adaptive Insights. There are no restrictions on the size of the documents. This program is synchronized with other applications, including such important for us solutions like SAP and Oracle. We like the high accuracy of the reports we can create on the tool’s base. It is also important that all data are in one place and don’t require much effort for their processing and analysis. Adaptive Insights is a multifunctional tool with a robust and well-thought-out suite of features. This application allows our employees to track finances, budgets, sales, resources, and labor contribution. With its help, our company’s managers are also able to collect divergent data, make various kinds of reports, build models, and make optimal business decisions.
It would be better if Adaptive Insights had an opportunity to filter for specific months while working with spreadsheets. This lack of functionality makes our work a bit confusing sometimes. We wouldn’t mind adding more advanced features to the planning tools as well. We believe it would behoove this product if it had several tutorial videos on how to use it to the full extent. Even though we find this tool user-friendly, it doesn’t mean at all that it is so for every company.
Lauren S. Branche: Computer-Software Mitarbeiteranzahl: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
- direct integration with netsuite
-ease of use once established
-maintains various types of data including personnel information and financial reporting
- inability to run reporting on one entity (only runs in consolidation)
- inability to modify reports without creating a new report
- functionality to drill into detail is hit or miss
Michael S. Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen Mitarbeiteranzahl: 201-500 Mitarbeiter
So far this does a great jobs with projections and actual for accounting. Also comparing both.
It is great for all different accounting needs. It seems to be pretty versatile. it allows for separating different lines of business and not allow others to mess with your projections.
You have to be really specific on what each line is and what will affect it. I find that I constantly having to ask or look up what goes into a field.
Jonny L. Branche: Computer-Software Mitarbeiteranzahl: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
All of our budgeting, forecasting, and executive reports come from the data that we keep in Adaptive. We have found Adaptive Insights to be very reliable and a software we can count on for accuracy. This is key in FP&A.
We use Adaptive every single day and I could go on and on about everything I like, but the number one thing I like is Adaptive OfficeConnect. This is an add-on feature that connects Adaptive and Microsoft Office through the cloud so you can make changes instantly and see the results. This feature alone has been worth the price as it has saved our FP&A team many hours of meaningless work, and has allowed us to spend this extra time doing analysis for the company.
The basic features of Adaptive are easy to learn; however, the back-end within Adaptive is very complex and if you are new to the software you will spend a lot of time scratching your head. Their support team is useful but I wish there were more free training tutorials instead of having to pay for training.