Esticom is a cloud-based construction takeoff and estimating platform that helps contractors manage construction projects with real-time access to labor, pricing, plans and material database. Primarily catering to trades such as electrical, plumbing, structured cabling, fire safety, security and HVAC, Esticom provides tools to handle operations, purpose-built estimates and projects.
Primary features of Esticom include peer reviews, integrated quotes, project templates, CRM dashboard, sales pipeline tracking, material lists, note sharing and project deadline tracker. The solution offers drag-and-drop functionality with MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) symbol database allowing users to directly draw legends from plans.
Additionally, the platform lets businesses create professional proposals which can be exported to Excel/Microsoft Word and PDF. Esticom is priced on a monthly subscription basis and support is extended via phone, online help desk and documentation.
Ben S. Branche: Computer-Vernetzung Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
I have had nothing but great experiences with the team at Esticom, every call and email have been answered promptly and most of my questions were easy to implement the solution for.
Esticom has saved us a tremendous amount of time in our estimating process. With having auto-count and linear average I can get most plans done in minutes instead of hours now.
It took a little bit to dial in the percentages and cost for products in our area but now that that is done I only review costs with my vendors when they tell me their is going to be a change.
Jeremy E. Branche: Telekommunikation Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Being a creator of web apps I understand the amount of work that goes into creating and maintaining those applications. Esticom has been well maintained rolling out updates and new features on a regular bases. As for the overall, experience, it has severed us well allowing us as a company to quickly create estimates for bid or general quotes.
The ability to create and manage catalogs is a big deal for us. As a company, we have a large number of products across a wide range of technologies and have the ability to separate those into individual catalogs helps to make sense of what to quote. In addition, assigning a catalog item to a takeoff makes creating a bill of materials a cinch.
While I understand that making a profit is key to a business's survival I feel that the per-user cost is quite high. Also, a bulk selection for changing the creator of an estimate would be nice. I recently had to manually go through and change the creator of about 30 individual estimates. While this was due to us sharing a login between users and then purchasing more logins I could see this being an issue, later on, should you have to replace an employee and need a have someone take over their estimates.
Bryan H. Branche: Telekommunikation Mitarbeiteranzahl: 13-50 Mitarbeiter
With Esticom, we are definitely cranking out bids faster which is a huge plus.
Thanks Esticom...I look forward to seeing what your updates will bring.
The take-off process (auto-count) and time saving are definitely the best features of the product but there are several others that make the product worthwhile.
1. Covering additional expenditures like overhead and waste is wonderful.
2. Ability to apply difficulty levels is nice.
3. Ability to export BOM saves time.
Here are few items that take away from the software but the techies at Esticom are very responsive so perhaps some of these can be improved on future updates.
1. Within the take-off process, it would be terrific if I could copy and paste take-off items and paste them to other groups. It's nice to be able to duplicate the take-off within the group but sometimes you just need specific items within other and not the whole group duplicated.
2. Not a big deal but it would be good if any quantities applied to take-offs within the 'estimating' phase could show up on the take-off phase to avoid confusion.
3. This has been mentioned by others but, it would be great to be able to customize the export bid PDF. Simple customizations to font and letterhead would be useful.
4. It would be nice to be able to copy the selected area of a legend or symbols and copy them other drawings. I see that there is a legend feature on the right side of the options on the take-off page but it doesn't seem to do anything but show a 'legend' word.
5. It would be great to be able to create a new 'group' within the take-off page without going to the estimating page. I know you can duplicate a take-off group but again, sometimes you don't want all the same items from other take-off items.
6. It would be nice to have the ability to multi-select items that you want to delete or copy.
Jim I. Branche: Bau Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
It has sped up my estimating process
Customer service was very good , useage was easy to get onto
The estimate submission - breakout of the pst is awkward . I would more flexability with my final price to submit to client .
Gail H. Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Esticom allows us to do more takeoffs in less time. This is great because many programs out there are not geared to Structured Cabling and this is. It made my job and those of my estimators so much easier. Our time to push out takeoffs have been improved by 87% and counting.
I love the ease of use and how easy it is to teach team members to use the system. Anyone can get up and running in under 2 hrs at a moderate level from zero experience. They have done an excellent job with making the program user friendly.
There are features that the program lacks and it does not integrate with Autotask (our CRM). Hopefully it will in the near future.