Kareo is a Web-based EHR, medical billing, and practice management used by thousands of physicians across the United States. This system suits small practices and billing companies. With Kareo, practices can schedule patients, confirm insurance, manage delinquent accounts and the collections process, store patient documents, develop customized reports and more.
Practices can be up and running within 48 hours of signing up. The system starts at a low monthly rate with no contract, no set-up fees without the worry of maintaining and updating the software.
Kareo Clinical EHR can be used across a wide variety of medical specialties, including mental health, family medicine, pediatrics, cardiology, chiropractic, podiatry and more.
Cynthia M. Branche: Psychische GesundheitsfÃ¼rsorge Mitarbeiteranzahl: Selbstständig
In my experience of over twenty years using various EHR software platforms, I and can honestly attest that Kareo is by far the most user friendly and comprehensive EHR I have encountered in my professional career. I plan to be a loyal customer for life, thank you, Kareo!
Kareo is; user-friendly for people with little software experience, ready to go with little training, excellent implementation support, good customer service, amazing templates, forms and SALT Feature that cuts time & makes documentation a snap. The formatting/presentation of EHR notes is organized & professional. I love how I can select what information to share and can easily do so through the Care Coordination feature option in each note. I enjoy having all my medical, billing, records, HIPAA approved/secured Telehealth platform, Reputation Watch, client engagment, and much more...all from one vendor! Lastly, Kareo always asks for feedback on how they can improve & additionally demonstrates their value to customer service by providing excellent communication, accountability & follow-through. Kareo offers a superior platform and fair pricing. Highly recommended.
I would like to be able to attach documents to the internal email system when communicating with patients.
Rebecca L. Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness Mitarbeiteranzahl: Selbstständig
Kareo has made my transition to private practice easier and less stressful. In addition to documentation and billing, there are additional features that have been helpful such as eFax and a provider profile. These saved me the trouble of adding a fax machine or needing to set-up an additional website. I am very happy with Kareo and the support I am receiving.
Kareo has been very easy to use. There are several template which made it easy to set-up and maintain documentation. I am especially impressed with the coaching and customer support. My questions have been answered quickly and problems have been resolved efficiently. The people with whom I have spoken have been friendly and professional.
As an independent practitioner, I do not need to create elaborate reports. I have not tried any of the reporting features.
Janine A. Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
I am very pleased with this software and am happy I made this choice.
I found that value and customer support has been unsurpassed. I feel that Kareo is very responsive and updates the system regularly to make it user friendly. The online scheduling, online intake info, and ease of use convince me that I made the right decision daily.
I am not a fan of the ICD10 look up and need a problem and a dx as well instead of just a dx. This is clumsy. I use an online ICD10 code lookup alongside of this. I hope this will be more efficient in the future.
Jeffrey A. Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen Mitarbeiteranzahl: Selbstständig
From Kareo: no significant benefit, mainly frustration.
From your program to review Kareo: this was easy, helpful and productive. You know how to keep a person on-point.
Initially, the electronic software (EHR) was free, which allowed considerable forgiveness of the product. I initially appreciated the technical support from people who cared about their product and service. Unfortunately, the most common replies to questions from I.T. were apologies for not being able to provide what customers wanted and needed the most, see below.
1. Creating progress notes frustrating. Must save notes before changing screens, otherwise all information LOST. No auto-save. Saving data prior to change in screen, must save and CLOSE the document. Multiple steps to re-open again. Always inefficient.
2. Doctorbase is an "answering device for providers" to provide caller's phone number. The glitch for NEW callers: NO NAME provided, no message recorded. 10-15 "unknown" callers by end of day: 1/2 -3/4 were salesmen or bankers wanting to give loans.
3. When I changed companies, unable to transfer data in bulk. Had to transfer every patient individually. Other companies ALL had ability for bulk transfer. Would have to transfer emails individually, all 15,000.
4. Limited & unsophisticated ability to create progress notes to limit key strokes.
5. Requesting program upgrades: infrequent, rarely helpful, never quick or responsive even for minor change requests.
6. Initial support staff NEVER heard from again. I had to sort out problems by trial and error . I had 10 years prior experience in sophisticated programs before this disaster.
7. This is only a few of the problems I had before leaving. 6 months later, I received a call from Kareo asking how I would like to improve my experience & upgrade the system. They apparently did not know I was long gone.
8. Working with pharmacies never smooth or easy.
9. Many more issues, unfortunately, that I have suppressed.
Jeremy V. Branche: Medizinische Praxis Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Overall experience is remarkable. I would not go back to others.
Extremely user friendly, customizable, form and function agreeable and relevant to low-mid-or high volume settings. I have used many EMR products and Kareo by far out performs competition.
Occasionally has slow periods of operation but rare. Not really a big deal.