Tableau is an integrated business intelligence (BI) and analytics solution that helps to analyze key business data and generate meaningful insights. The solution helps businesses to collect data from multiple source points such as SQL databases, spreadsheets, cloud apps like Google Analytics and Salesforce to create a collective dataset.
Tableau's live visual analytics and interactive dashboard allow slicing & dicing datasets for generating relevant insights and exploring new opportunities. Users can create interactive maps and analyze data across regions, territories, demographics and more. Tableau helps to create a narrative story of the data analysis with interactive visualizations that can be shared with their audience.
Tableau can be customized to serve a number of industry verticals including banking, communication, education, healthcare, real estate, manufacturing and technology. The solution can be either installed on-premises or hosted on the cloud as a SaaS application. Users can also view and analyze data on their Android and iOS smartphones with Tableau Mobile app.
Shishir C. Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste Mitarbeiteranzahl: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
I have worked on domains like Telecom and Network where in I have been using Tableau. Its really liked by senior management as it shows each and every bit very clearly to relevant stake holders. For example, Marketing head likes region wise revenue sale dashboard which gives region/sales manager/product wise sale.
There are many features which lot of users would have liked:-
1. Connection to almost all database
2. Many types of Charts can be created including Sankey, Doughnut, Maps etc.
3. Its has the feature of data blending and data extraction
4. Dashboards can be viewed on multiple devices like tablet, mobile and laptops.
5. Its really fast while drilling down or filtering out from any dashboard.
Its a bit expensive tool as compared to other data visualization tools however its a value for money.
Andres Q. Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion Mitarbeiteranzahl: 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
I started using it while I was making my MBA and I was amazed at the easy of use and the possibility to make chart in a very powerful way beyond excel. Later on, when I was asked to do some complex representation of many parameters, Tableau has been the best and easiest option, beyond other 3 options I have tried from major sellers
- Very intuitive way o assemble data, no need for programming or special commands
- Easily change data from numeric to alphanumeric
- The most common and useful charts are available
- Easy to breakdown data into several clusters
- I once plotted 6 parameters in a 2 dimensional chart: X, Y, bubble size, color, name, icon
- You can build special read-only docs with the functionality to be read by Tableu Reader (as in acrobat reader)
- You can customize label, axis, trend and references lines
- Eventually some very specific charts are not there as chord, tornado, tree maps, nodes, gauges, alluvial diagram, dendograms
- Even with all the clustering, it lacks statistical analysis as Anova, hypothesis test between two set of data, normal probability plot
Verifizierter Rezensent Branche: Staatsverwaltung Mitarbeiteranzahl: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
It is one of the grate tool that is saving my bunch of time. I can utilize more timings to make attractive visualizations rather than spending time in Organizing and Cleaning of data, It has everything like calculations, Maps, Filters and lot more very cool functions.
So Easy to Clean and Reorganize data , data cleaning takes forever via database or Excel, Tableau makes it easy to load and clean before its ready for analysis
Takes to much time at first load or update large amount of data. Once it load successfully then you are good to go
Charrelle J. Branche: Regierungsbeziehungen Mitarbeiteranzahl: 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
I have been using Tableau in the office for over 2 years now. It is a product that continues to develop and evolve to better serve as a data visual and analysis tool.
Tableau is a great data visualization tool. If you need to make charts, graphs, tables or other types of data visuals, Tableau can get it done. You are able to upload files or connect directly to data sources on a server. After data is loaded, it is literally a drag and drop interface.
Tableau is great for creating visuals but is not so great as a data analysis tool. It lacks the ability to analyze and manipulate data that uses complex formulas and calculations.
Oliver H. Branche: Marketing & Werbung Mitarbeiteranzahl: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Overall a strong experience with the system and it's a software that serves it's purpose though there does seem to be a lack of software updates/capability updates.
The interactive interface is easy to manipulate once information is ingested into the program as long as the data is following the rules-based parameters that you've set up. The labelling of data enables an easy story to be compiled when sent around to internal stakeholders.
There is a lack of diversity and modelling that can happen as the system is not used to cross-data sourced systems. The speed of the system can be slow. Not to mention there is a lack of plugins or API into other systems.