AdvancedMD is a unified suite of software designed for independent laboratories, medical, physical therapy and mental health practices. Features include practice management, electronic health records, patient engagement, telemedicine, rooming, reputation management, financial analytics and business intelligence reporting that all work together to automate practice workflow.
The cloud platform enables anywhere access and the highest levels of data security available. AdvancedMD is browser agnostic for Mac and Windows operating systems and runs on nearly any device. Mobile apps are available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Integrated workflow automates the patient journey, starting with self-scheduling onsite or telemedicine appointments. Appointment reminders can be sent to patients via text or email. Insurance eligibility verification for next-day patients runs automatically and alerts staff of potential issues. Intake and consent forms are sent through a patient portal and automatically collected into the patient chart. Rooming helps manage patient flow. Charting and prescriptions can be done from anywhere. Charge capture occurs during the charting process without billing staff needing to copy or paste.
Jeanette W. Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen Mitarbeiteranzahl: 13-50 Mitarbeiter
A simple to use software for billing insurance claims. We use Practice Fusion and this is one of the few billing softwares that will "talk" to our EMR. The system is simple to set up and the company can have you up and running (using their clearinghouse) within about 4 weeks. Customer support is good. They respond quickly. Functionality saves time with ERA's and automatic posting. We have a single provider and this works great.
Can be difficult/time consuming to add another provider. You need to plan well ahead if you are going to do this.
Roger N. Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
There are many reasons to recommend this software. We believe the EHR is very well designed. But again our major frustration at this point is that the sales office refuses to call us back and set up for the 10 hours of training we’re asking for regarding doing our medical notes. I just believe that this may be one person who is highly dysfunctional but it doesn’t make any difference what causes it if you can’t get the support.
The software is extremely well designed and works very well. There is functionality in it that is well supported by the ad hoc customer service team. The EHR is the cornerstone of our operations.
There is certain functionality that we do not understand and sales which committed to give us some hours of training has refused to contact us. We spent too much time doing medical notes partially because there is functionality that we think we could use better with some support.
Verifizierter Rezensent Branche: Medizinische Praxis Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
I can't say that I love AdvancedBilling. For how much it costs I feel like the interface needs to be easier and my questions should be answered by customer service much faster. I am still learning how everything works after 6 months. The training they provided from the billing side of things was lacking.
- Does a good job of scrubbing claims before submission to check for errors
- Has a robust number of features and reports
- Customer service can help answer routine questions fairly quickly
- Some of the errors the claim checker finds do not seem tailored to ophthalmology (my field)
- Not a very intuitive interface and lots of features are hard to find
- Larger issues have been somewhat difficult to get answers from customer service
- The monthly subscription fee is pretty high
Harlan H. Branche: Psychische GesundheitsfÃ¼rsorge Mitarbeiteranzahl: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
If you're looking for a powerful billing platform this may be a good system for you to consider. However, if you're looking for a full PM/EHR system to manage a mental health practice this system is not ready and costs too much for what you get.
- Great billing platform with many ways to keep track of claims and payments
- We're able to manage 3 locations with a single system
- The system overall has a lot of great capability and most of the functionality we were looking for in a PM/EHR system. However, as noted below there are issues with how some of these capabilities work.
- Templates can be customized
- The EHR is not user friendly and leads to many new users creating notes that are not connected to a session as well as multiple redundant notes for a session.
- There is no easy way to track missing notes other than going session by session for each chart
- The standard reports are generally not very helpful as they provide few ways to customize and filter. The filters that are present are often not logical ways to filter data. What's more frustrating is that there are actually more useful reports that are in the system but they cost additional money to be added to a user's key. For example, a common filter type is to filter a range of providers alphabetically. AdvancedInsight does provide an enhanced reporting capability (for an extra cost) that relies on Internet Explorer and MS Silverlight all of which are old technologies. It is also somewhat difficult and time consuming to learn and still does not provide the ability to customize reports in the standard report capability. For that you have to pay AMD to make the changes or to add the report that already exists to your key.
- Printing chart notes requires a time consuming process of creating a Microsoft Word Merge template for each note template and then printing each note one by one. The Word Merge templates are complex to create and manage.
- Our sales rep guaranteed us a 95% first pass acceptance rate. After 7 months we are at 89%. There are several reasons for this and the company has provided us a credit but don't be fooled by the promises of their sales team.
- Adding new providers can take up to a month. Again we have been promised a 24 hour turn around time and yet sometimes have to wait weeks to get new providers added to our system. Note: we have the ability to add Users but only AMD can add providers.
Chris D. Branche: Psychische GesundheitsfÃ¼rsorge Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
I struggled with the customer service at first but after getting connected to the person I felt comfortable with the issues were fixed and the system worked well.
The system once you learn how to use it overall is easy to use. The ability to add templates and the variety of templates available to you. The price is great.
The training is very fast-paced and if you do have issues after training it can take many calls to get it fixed