Cvent Event Management Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Cvent Event Management

Cvent ist eine cloudbasierte Lösung, die mittelständische Unternehmen und Konzerne bei der Beschaffung von Veranstaltungsorten, der Registrierung von Online-Events, dem Budgetmanagement und der Zahlungsabwicklung unterstützt. Die...

4,1

🚀 Katrin
🚀 Katrin

Bewertet am 20.10.2022

Eine sehr umfangreiche, leistungsstarke Event-Software für Profis

Ein Tool für die Event-Planung und Durchführung, das es in dieser Breite UND Tiefe kaum ein zweites Mal gibt.

Wer Cvents Event-Software für mehrere Veranstaltungen oder komplexe Veranstaltungen nutzt, profitiert vom mega großen Leistungsumfang unterschiedlichster Module. Von der Registrierung, über die Event-Website bis zur Online-Event-Plattform, dem Check-In, dem Reporting und vielem mehr. So kommen alle Daten aus einem Topf und können effizient innerhalb des Cvent-Systems genutzt und an andere IT-Systeme, wie CRM & Co., übergeben werden. Aber auch die Daten von Ausstellern oder Referenten lassen sich wesentlich effizienter managen. Kein Update an 100 Stellen, sondern eine zentrale Eingabe und Änderungen in Echtzeit an anderen Stellen. Z.B. im Registrierungsformular und zeitgleich auf der Event-Website.

Weil die Lösung so umfangreich ist, kann die Einarbeitung herausfordernd sein. Wer nur ein Einzelevent hat, sollte sich professionelle Unterstützung holen oder mit einer längeren Einarbeitungszeit rechnen.

Chelsea
Chelsea
  • Branche: Immobilien

Bewertet am 19.4.2021

Cvent Event Management Review by User of 5+ Years

Meetings, Board Meetings, Annual Conferences, International Symposiums, Workshops, etc.

Cvent Event management is constantly evolving with their customers at the forefront of their changes and always keeping customer needs on their mind. The customer support is amazing. There are client service specialists on-all 24/7 and they even have an option for chatting in the Support Center if you aren't able to speak over the phone. I also love the fact that the technologies are constantly changing and staying up-to-date.

I dislike the shift in focus and functionality of the new Flex event builder in comparison to Classic Events because it is less focused on advanced features and capabilities, which my team depends on, and is more focused on design and ease of use for ALL customers.

Kassandra
Kassandra
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 29.5.2018

A Complex Platform for Complex Events

I love that Cvent is constantly improving. They really take feedback seriously and work hard to find solutions to your problems. We have a very complex event, and have found solutions to the vast majority of our issues, and where some solutions were a little sticky at first, updated versions and new features have consistently improved functionality. I have found the support team helpful and while our initial representative was not the greatest, I requested a new rep which was processed quickly, and he has been wonderful.

There is a bit of a learning curve, but if you require a platform that can handle an event's complexity, I believe this is to be expected. Still, there are a few items that I still don't find intuitive in the interface, but I am confident the release of Cvent Flex will address many of these issues.

Die besten Alternativen zu Cvent Event Management

Kayla

Bewertet am 23.3.2024

Daily Cvent User

I use cvent event management daily. It's incredibly helpful for events where you need to register several attendees and collect their data.

It can be tedious at times to set up a website and makes changes.

Layton

Bewertet am 12.12.2018

Big, robust, and clunky

I have a love/hate relationship with Cvent. I've used several other event management tools, and can say that Cvent is the most complete of any I've tried. It is a purpose built software that serves its purpose well. However, it can be difficult to use.

There are some really nice tracking features. Unlike many other event management tools, Cvent seems to be more contact based vs. event based. This means that you can track the same people more easily through a series of events, email, and participation history. It is very robust. If you know what you are doing, you can set up an event registration with any combination of options (sessions, various attendee types and registration paths within the same event).

If you need a simple but stylish event registration, Cvent is not for you (but the price probably already told you that). They obviously recognize that the Standard registration is way to complex for the casual user and the end user interface (the person registering) looks like it was built a decade ago. To address this, Cvent has rolled out "Express" and "Flex" registration to try to simplify the process. In my opinion, these products are awful. They have tried to dumb down the software and make everything drag and drop that it is very difficult to use effectively. There is very little ability to customize the look and feel of event webpages, forms, and emails in this new system.

Hello Layton,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent. We're sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with Flex and have shared your feedback with our product team. Your feedback is invaluable as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance.

Beantwortet am 1.4.2019
Liz
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 9.1.2024

Solid Product But Deceptive Sales Tactics

Cvent offers a robust event management platform, complemented by an efficient abstract management system. The suite is enriched with extensive training resources, facilitating seamless deployment of event websites and meeting applications.

We recently encountered a significant issue with Cvent. Despite upgrading our services, we were inaccurately charged for onsite equipment and additional items we no longer utilize. Efforts to resolve this through the sales representative have been ongoing for months, with little progress.

Upon reviewing past communications, it's evident that the charges contradict the terms discussed during our upgrade. The response from the current sales representative, attributing the error to a predecessor and offering a credit conditional on a three-year renewal, is disappointing and unprofessional. This approach has unfortunately tarnished our long-standing relationship with Cvent.

Elizabeth
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.3.2024

Cvent Overall

easy to manage events, especially registration.

lack of customization, a lot of templates look very cookie cutter.

Katherine
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 3.4.2024

Registration has never been so easy!

I enjoy how user friendly Cvent event management is. Creating the mobile app, uploading attendees and sending emails are important for our job, and having it all in one place is convenient!

At this time, there are not any major cons I have with Cvent. Sometimes the website can act up a bit when adding attendees, however, that happens with all websites and customer support is helpful.

Cindy
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 3.4.2024

What's not to like about Cvent?

Overall, I would always choose Cvent, as it is the best program for event sourcing that I know of on the market!

Cvent is easy to navigate! I have used Cvent at all of the hotel brands that I have worked for, in the many years that I have been in Hospitality sales. This is the most user friendly, easy to understand program on the market!

I would have to say that the only thing that I would improve would be the client decision information for all RFPs. The decisions are not always communicated to the venues that bid on the piece of business.

Mariapia
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 26.3.2024

Organizing Events Made Easy

The software makes planning and managing events both virtual and hybrid events easy.

Not a single problem while using this event management tool.

kaytie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 4.4.2024

Perfect Lead Generator

As a proactive conference sales executive I am always eager to use any platforms that generate new leads, Cvent certainly brings in plenty of business, usually from client's that we wouldn't captivate via other avenues such as our social media, Venue Directory and so on.

I always have trouble logging in, and so do my close colleagues. This is the only issue faced, otherwise the leads that cvent brings in is very good.

Stephanie

Bewertet am 15.6.2018

Robust tool for sending out RFPs, creating and managing event registrations, and proving ROI.

The RFP tool has made life so much easier when sourcing hotel and putting together proposals. Before cvent all of this was manual, now it is automated and you can review each hotel in one place before you source them. For the event management tool, there are just so many features and widgets that you can use for your events. If booking hotels the registration form can integrate with passkey so the attendee can reserve a room right away. It also integrates with our GDS to our air team has the most up to date requests in their system.
The On Arrival suite and the Crowd Compass app are huge time savers for large events. We used the On Arrival suite to check in attendees at a recent event, print their name badges, and confirm their optional activities all in one place and on average it took less than 5 minutes to do all of this. The Crowd Compass app was easy to set up and customize for each event and really streamlined the onsite process for our planners and attendees. I have used the app for a conference I attended as well as for events that I planned. Instead of printing out hundreds of pages (schedules, maps, surveys, so on...) for each person Crowd Compass houses everything an attendee needs. You can upload the event agenda, map of the conference center, you can send notifications about room changes or special pop up events, take real time polls/surveys, and network with the other event attendees through the app.

It is difficult to navigate and not very intuitive, I frequently find myself searching for the field I need or calling support because I have an issue I can't solve...and I have used the event management tool for over 3 years now, on a regular basis too! The travel module does not integrate well with the rest of the event management models. I am hoping that Flex will solve some of the issues but that will not be completed until Oct. 2018. Reporting is confusing, they offer so many report options which is great but finding the correct report is a challenge. You can create a custom report but again the types you choose from are not intuitive. For example, I recently had to create an air actual report so I chose the report type air actual; however with that report type certain features like airline and the record locator are not available (those fields seem kind of important when pulling a report about flight). I have to select the report type, air actual details, in order for those fields to show.

Diana
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen

Bewertet am 6.1.2023

Cvent Event Management Review

The depth of the software and amount of features is what appealed to me the most. There is only one other software out there that is as feature rich but that one is not user-friendly/intuitive. Cvent had all except one feature we needed. Their customer support and customer service is far and away the best I've ever experienced. The salesperson and his process also left all others in the dust. We looked at nine companies.

It needs an interactive exhibitor module. Exhibitors should be able to review the floor plan and see reserved and available spaces and reserve their space during registration. The "invitation list" process creates some limitations on how we want to send emails - we must upload people as contacts. We also are unable to change the event site template without paying for a new event build. I would also like to be able to simultaneously register speakers while adding them to the speaker module. Overall, the software is slightly complicated but far less complicated than the other platform out there that is as feature rich. Also, Cvent's customer support makes up for it.

Emma
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 19.1.2017

Best in Class Solution - Backed by the Best in Class Team

I inherited our Cvent account when I began at my job nearly 7 years ago and couldn't be more pleased with how much our partnership with them has grown. Through the years they continue to be searching for how to be better, more innovative, always on the look out for the next new thing; all while continuing to keep the focus of the customer top of mind. I am part of the Cvent Advocates program, spoke at the past 3 annual events, presented on dozens of webinars and fostered real friendships with the employees. Cvent feels like an extension of my team, rather than a product or service that we use. I couldn't imagine using a different partner, every so often we have done our due diligence and nothing holds a candle to what Cvent has to offer. If you are willing to put in a little bit of effort, Cvent and its team will match you tenfold and do everything in their power to help make you and your event a success. Thank you, Cvent, for making my job easier.

It continues to evolve, they don't just make an update and leave it sit for the next big update. Continuous evolution of the product makes it extremely user friendly and offer solutions to issues you didn't even know could be fixed.

There are parts of the software that do not do everything we would like; some customization and functionality. However, I am able to share my feedback directly with the team and more often than not, within a given amount of time they have placed that item on the road map and it's completed.

Tori
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 16.5.2023

Cvent is the total package

I've been using Cvent for over seven years and have watched it evolve and continue to improve and expand its scope. I love working in Cvent and building sites for my customers!

There are very few things that Cvent isn't designed to do, or if not, a workaround can't be determined with a little bit of effort. I love that the entire event process is integrated from event sourcing to final metric reporting. The registration platform is powerful, and can encompass multiple admission types, registration types, pricing structures, and registration experiences within one event. The accompanying website is easy to build with their tools and can create an elegant, branded marketing piece. Their new mobile app, while not quite as strong as their previous offering, is better integrated with the registration platform and being updated consistently for improvement.

The email marketing is less evolved than the rest of the platform and a bit less flexible to design and work with.

Autumn
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

Bewertet am 10.7.2020

Do NOT fall for the salesman reroutine

We have had a horrible experience with Cvent. Our industry is in crisis mode due to the pandemic and they will not work us at all. We came up with completly reasonable solution that anyone would agree works for both companies, but their solution is only if you sign for a longer term. Why would we sign on for a longer term when the software is not up to par? It's all about them making their money and making sure they stay in business. They are a not a team or a partnership. It's all about their bottom line and they don't care about their clients that they destroy in their path to make that $. Buyer beware. I think they are scrubbing the negative reviews to keep a high number of stars to dupe potential clients.

After many work arounds you can make this software work. Does it do everything they promise and seamless like they promised, no. We didn't pay tons of money (triple our other vendor offering the same thing) to have to do workarounds and have to still purchase additional better software to get the job done. So much for being the "leader in the industry".

There are too many things to count. Simple things that you would think would be obvious are not options. This was supposed to be a partenrship not a battle. We have a LONG list of things they promised that they could not deliver. Promised features that are a year away from development, with no mention it's years away. Once you sign the dotted line the restrictions soon follow. Do NOT sign with them.

Bewertet am 3.8.2021

Cvent Success

Cvent has been very great to my company. We regularly call Cvent to make changes or gain insight into how we can use Cvent better and to its full potential. We appreciate that Cvent takes our ideas into consideration and they have even implemented a couple ideas that my boss had suggested to them!

I love the new Flex component of Cvent. It is more friendly as a newer user and modern. The back side to building registration variants are very moldable and workable for my company. We use so many features that as a whole our travel sector of the company is training our Cvent skillset since we look forward to using Cvent for many years to come.

I wish the capabilities to for building websites had more flexibility. Yes, we are still able to build beautiful websites but Cvent can be so finicky with what is and is not allowed in terms of designing a website.

Katherine

Bewertet am 9.6.2018

The Best Customer Service Meets Great Event Tech

The ability to scale an event management solution across our large, enterprise program was a huge win for my team!

Cvent's event management solution has plenty of flexible features that make logistics including registration and session tracking a breeze for busy event planners. Plus, the customer service is second to none. (Seriously, one call to their support line will transform the way that you think about help & support lines.)

It can take a while to learn the ropes and feel comfortable navigating across the platform. That said, after you get the hang of it, using the event management tool will be like second nature.

Hello Katherine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We take great pride in our client support services and are happy to hear they've been a valuable resource for you.

We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Beantwortet am 9.7.2018
Amanda
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 2.8.2021

Events with Great Reports

Our company has the ability to reach our entire U.S. client base with only a few clicks. We can communicate with them with ease, offer registration for virtual and in-person events, track people, financials, communications, substitutions, attendance, and lots more. The new Flex version of the platform gives you the ability to create more workable and attractive registration sites. The reporting is a dream, and the learning curve can be adjusted by relying on other Cvent users in the vast and extremely knowledgeable Cvent community.

There is a learning curve when moving to this platform. It can take a while to find all of those little checkboxes that may cause something to work just a little wonky.

Jillianna

Bewertet am 18.7.2019

Cvent is the most event management product out there.

The software is so customizable. It will fit any events needs from inception to post event follow up. With the new interface Flex, it’s better than ever. It is mobile ready with responsive design and customizable event pages to create professional looking website that rival Wix and Squarespace.
And definitely take advantage of the onsite solutions as well as the mobile event apps.

It’s expensive, but you really get what you pay for. It’s the best solution out there. You’ll save money elsewhere, but you’ll be compensation the integrity of your event.

Kacie
Kacie
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 28.4.2020

Customer Service Lacking + Overly Complex UI = Stress

If you don't have a full-time event planner with LOTS of UI and web design experience, I wouldn't recommend it at all. CVent was supposed to make conference planning easier. Instead, it took several of us away from our primary roles in order to solve glitches and endure endless wait times with customer support.

You can both set up an event, manage invites and create your event website using CVent. Registration questionnaires allow for everything from selecting meals to payment.

CVent is not user friendly at all. It takes 12-15 clicks what you should be able to do in 3-4, and the dropdowns don't make sense. It seemed that every month or so we'd have a new rep. It was as if the company had a revolving door.

The event website was incredibly difficult to set up compared to Wix, Wordpress or any other site I've used, and the limitations were frustrating. To have a sharp-looking solution, you have to purchase multiple upgrades. After a difficult first year we were told we could clone the event website next year and change certain details and pictures.... and then CVent decided to redo their platform, and not for the better. So we had to start from scratch. You can create an event app to go with your website, but the content didn't copy over. Which means we had to manually enter in all speaker, session and attendee data over twice. It was senseless.

Kim
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 23.4.2018

Cvent has made a lot of what we do as Event Planners easier.

The ability to print name badges on site and have the app interact directly with the website, pushing information live to both.

I like the ability to print name badges on site. Also the updated website building module in Abstract Management made our submission process a lot easier and more fun. CrowdCompass is a great app. I am looking forward to the FLEX update.

Abstract Management still doesn't have the ability to push through sessions to Event Management. The website building capabilities in Event Management are not great - they look like 90s templates. I know that Cvent is changing this to be more like Abstract with FLEX. CrowdCompass' map does not have the ability to give a user directions to where they need to go. Event-In-A-Box, while great for probably most use cases, included materials we did not need.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent's Event Management solution. We are happy to hear that our product has made your life as a planner easier! We also want to thank you for being a Cvent Advocate and appreciate your engagement in that program! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or need assistance with anything!

Beantwortet am 4.5.2018

Bewertet am 9.8.2018

Nonprofit perspective

Like I said earlier, the people assigned to my account and others that I've met and worked with from Cvent through customer service and also other departments focused on individual modules of the platform are incredible. They are passionate about the work, they are upfront about what could or might not work for our case, and they are true partners.

Cvent is very easy to explore and use. It offers a great deal of customization and has a plethora of modules to add on that can grow your and your attendees' experience. The customer service is round the clock and everyone is very knowledgeable. The people assigned to your account as well as the custom service folks on the phone are also incredible in helping you work out issues and build on ideas.

The cost. In a nonprofit getting the business case for putting more money toward something, even if we could really build something strong and grow our attendees' experiences is hard to convince when the contract costs are still fairly high.

• Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 20.6.2018

Great tool, but complexity results in less adoption

Visibility and supports Duty of Care

The full 'end to end' solution is the great thing about Cvent, from registering the need for a meeting or event, through to sourcing, event website, attendee invites (with a whole load of functionality) through budgets, on-site management and ROI.

Cvent is very complex which limits adoption. Inevitably, with such a great end to end solution, complexity is expected, but nevertheless this is the unfortunate downside...

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared it with our product team.

Beantwortet am 9.7.2018
Carl
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

Bewertet am 21.12.2016

CVENT Integrated our Events, Communication and Association Management

We are a multi-client firm that focuses on non-profit association management. Most association management systems have very limited event and communication platforms for the complex clients we have. We focused on getting every client on CVENT for communications and all of our events. This has been great to go into one login and system to manage all clients. We then focused on using CVENT as our association management system utilizing the members only section that can be created and tracking and managing CE's. CVENT has been great for us because everything is housed all together and the integrations are terrific. We can put our clients on CVENT whether they have a small or large budget.

When looking at the cost compared to other systems the pricing was comparable, but we were impressed with the options of customer service, online resources and in-person support that are available. I truly see the advances CVENT making that it will be considered a large player in the association management system arena.

Ability to manage very simple and complex events. Integration of events, communication and association management systems.
Client success manager that is assigned to your account is great to navigate best practices.

Would like to see embedded video on e-Marketing platform.

934 Bewertungen