SimplePractice Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über SimplePractice

SimplePractice ist ein cloudbasiertes Praxisverwaltungssystem, das die geschäftliche Seite einer Privatpraxis erleichtert. Die einfach zu bedienende und HIPAA-konforme Software hilft Gesundheits- und Wellnessfachleuten, ihre...

4,3

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 26.4.2023

Tolle Software mit viele Funktionen aber ist etwa teuer

Gute Software für Zeitmanagement

Ich nutze mal dieser Software schon seit ca. 3 Jahren und habe es immer für meine Zeitmanagement benutzt. Es war immer top. Also habe gar keine Probleme damit. Später fand ich, dass neue Funktionen ind schon entwicklet, aber werde ich die Zeitnah nutzen.

Von mir aus, nur die Preis ist etwa hoch. Aber sonst finde ich alles top

Lisa E
Lisa E
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 25.1.2019

Does a lot.

Good overall. The one other thing I would like to mention is that you can’t get a live help from Tech support in real time. You can “attend” virtual classes, sign up for live classes (which I haven’t done. Time thing) and if you have a question, you can submit it to a chat community (not helpful, not enough docs so they responses are non-relevant) or you submit an email to technical support and they write back. Here’s the catch. You have to respond to their response right away or if you miss the 2; hour window they consider your request “satisfied” and they move in. My suggestion would be to hire more live real time tech support. And if you want to add physicians, consider adding eprescribe and a lab interface. Just my suggestions. There are lots of reasons to not cater to doctors, but if Simple Practice would want to do that, a few small fixes could make this a very usable and more complete package.

Nice and plain in a lot of ways yet let’s you do these things:
Set up your own intake forms, diagnostic codes, billing forms, scheduling, a secure patient portal so when patients contact you, you can send them a secure link they can use to sign your consent forms, pay you using a credit card which you don’t have to handle, schedule a session, and do a telehealth visit in a secure HIPAA compliant way. There is also a way to do billing so bills can be submitted to an insurance company.

Simple practice is designed for mental health professionals and non-MD’s mainly, so as a psychiatrist, it does MOST but NOT ALL of the things I need for a telepsych practice. For example, I cannot e-prescribe, order labs or review lab results using simple practice. But that’s okay. They never claimed it could be used for this. So I am still getting off the ground with my own practice and will probably just use some work arounds such as writing paper scripts for now, and this is fine unless I get a patient who needs clozaril, lithium or delante, at which time I will need to get lab ordering and reviewing capabilities from somewhere else. So the thing is this. Simple Practice does a lot of things. For a psychotherapist non-prescriber, it would pretty much do everything you could ever want a platform to do. For a psychiatrist, it hits about 2/3 of the total function domain needed. For internal medicine, family medicine or endocrinology I would definitely recommend doing something else. They make no claims to physician specific and the main reason I picked it is for the telehealth and the billing simplification and the collect payment without touching money feature.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Lisa, thanks for your positive SimplePractice review. We¿re glad that SimplePractice is working for your telepsyche practice - you can always submit suggestions to our team on how to improve SimplePractice even more at simplepractice.uservoice.com.

- Gillian from SimplePractice

Beantwortet am 8.2.2019
Jen

Bewertet am 16.6.2023

Great get started product

I recommend this product to anyone starting off with their business. It is a good resource for a thriving business as well. But when starting off everything is so overwhelming, yet Simple Practice makes it smooth and stress free.

I love how it has all that I needed to get my coaching business started. Easy set up of appointments and billing options. Very easy. Very helpful when feeling overwhelmed with starting a business up and running. I have gone from a brand new business to a thriving coaching business with the help and ease of Simple practice. It links into my apple calendar and my google calendar. It sends a reminder and link to my client. The billing system is smooth.

I have had a few glitches with the reminder app. Sometimes the extra features are not translated from the phone app to the overall system.

Acuity Scheduling

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SimplePractice

Ease of use, includes reminders and syncs with calendar, and can use on the fly with my phone or in my office on my computer.

Die besten Alternativen zu SimplePractice

Clare

Bewertet am 22.3.2024

There's got to be something better than this

There is absolutely no customer service. Zero. There's no phone number no email nothing. It's just not acceptable for the price and the sheer number of customers they have. Also it's not simple at all.

The best feature is that you can make custom forms and you can email consent forms to clients.

It's very outdated and clumsy. I use very few of the features. They recently made updates which were more like decorations that really messed up the functionality and I can't take it anymore. I'm looking for something else.

LISA

Bewertet am 19.12.2023

Has tons of great features

Combines all your schedules easily to see and keep track of. They offer many different features and have been on the market for a long time.

The prices are not ideal. Sometimes I think about switching to another EHR to save on some costs.

Nichole

Bewertet am 27.9.2021

Love this practice management system and it keeps getting better

Simple Practice is an all one solution for small private practices- it's not only a user friendly electronic health record, but an insurance billing platform, staff tracking if you have independent contractors or employees, secure messaging system, telehealth platform, source for quality continuing ed, weekly inspiration, revenue tracking, and all the tools you need for a easy digital client onboarding process.

As an experienced clinician and small private practice administrator I find this software easy to use and the SP team really does take user feedback seriously and updates and adds features regularly. The roll outs of changes are thoughtful, with good lead times, and always a net improvement in user experience (so far). Reports are detailed enough for me to keep an eye on revenue, independent contractor services, and I can easily update forms and communicate with team members and clients confidentially. Also, online scheduling and the Client portal make client onboarding a breeze without hiring a receptionist.

I wish I could run reports based on services provided and/or detail of services provided to clients with specific payors.

Mark Senyo
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 7.7.2021

simplifies all processes to a level that allows us to focus on actual client care

Simple practice was introduced to me and my [SENSITIVE CONTENT] during a medical conference we attended during the early stages of setting up our private practice. Thankfully, it came at a time when we were still developing our core processes and workflows, so it was able to shape our systems right from the very beginning.

Simple Practice is very easy to learn and get comfortable using. All the various features easily link up to others that follow or proceed in the logical process of service delivery, making product navigation extremely user friendly and smooth.

The period allowed for the free trial is a bit short and does not allow potential buyers enough time to test all the core elements before having to make a decision on whether to purchase or not.

Nicolais

Bewertet am 1.11.2019

Great software - could use some simple features

Good. Some key features that I wish were present with billing graphics and information, which I mentioned in the cons section. If these upgrades/changes could be made, I would rate SimplePractice as excellent.

I love the editable notes/forms and the online access! Client portal is also more streamlined and user friendly compared to competitors. Reports are nice and helpful for the most part. Free text and voice are nice (however you pay the difference with the higher cost of claim submission compared to competitors).

The billing tabs are difficult to understand as they don’t seem to be graphically easy to understand where each invoice is being applied. Looking quickly at the billing tab, it looks as if I have twice as many invoices than I actually need and some invoices, invoice for a zero balance (or even before an insurance payment is made). This makes the billing harder to understand than some of SimplePractice’s top competitors. Also, I wish the reports would show overall totals of figures (I.e. insurance payments owed, client balances owed, etc.). These features allow me to look quickly at client balances and billing and get an idea of where billing sits very quickly, and again, is a feature with competitors. Being a one man office right now, theses features save valuable time and seem like easy fixes to the system. I also wish Simple Practice had phone support - just for the fact that time is valuable and I don’t want to wait to resolve an question.

TheraNest

Warum SimplePractice gewählt wurde

Client Portal, online payments, editable forms that can be e-signed.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SimplePractice

It was a hard decision over TherapyNotes. TherapyNotes has billing features and layout that is easier to understand. I went with SimplePractice because the client portal and online for,s are more accessible to clients and staff. Heads up though, in regard to features and accessibility, TherapyNotes is catching up to SimplePractice.
Braden

Bewertet am 30.9.2019

Excellent software, simple design

Overall it is the best software solution that I was able to find and I tested quite a few. The only other one that came close at a comparable price was Therapy Appointment but I found Simple Practice to be overall better. I do like it and really hope that they constantly improve the software to include the things I mentioned above. If they do then I do not see myself leaving Simple Practice for a long time.

For me the best feature of this software is the online integration such as the client portal, the syncing with my google calendar, the video appointment capability, online scheduling, online bill payment, texting feature, automatic appointment reminders and easy online access to my EHR. I also like the simple modern design - this is what initially attracted me to simple practice. I have had good experience with customer service. Sometimes chat has been available but other times I've had to email them (but I wish chat was always available).

I want more customization capability. Such as customizing what the client portal looks like (graphic design of the portal is lacking). Also would like to better customize the reminder and welcome emails, such as by being able to use rich text formatting. I would like to be able to customize discreet data fields in the EHR, such as being able to edit my demographics form to include things I want to track. And also be able to have discreet custom data fields such as to keep track of PHQ-9 scores or other biometric data I want to be able to track over time.

I would also like to have faxing built into the software because I work closely with medical providers and this is their primary way of communicating with other providers.

Also wish they would offer a different credit card processing vendor because Stripe is one of the most expensive ones I compared.

Google Workspace und TheraNest

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SimplePractice

Overall most robust software with the best visual design at a reasonable cost.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Thank you for your positive review, Braden. We're glad that SimplePractice is the solution you chose for your practice. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Beantwortet am 10.12.2019
Heather

Bewertet am 8.9.2019

Not Bad, but I miss Epic

So far, I've only created templates, added clients, and input insurance information. I'm moving on to billing next week so I'll know more then.

I would add that I really appreciated the half-hour in-person tutorial (via zoom) I received near the end of my trial period.

There are many things I like about this EMR: the format is pleasing and (mostly) intuitive, the side bars are handy, and the trove of FAQ's and videos is astounding and often very helpful.

The templates limit the user to certain forms and give fairly small boxes for narrative responses. I used to use EPIC and I miss being able to populate an open page with my template and add/adjust it as desired, like a Word document.

I also wish the calendar allowed for more detail--like, a different color for intakes vs follow-up appointments would be really nice. Or, there could be a code before the client's name in the calendar slot--like, 'I - Jane Doe' and 'F - John Doe'.

I also wish that the end time of the appts was more clear. I like to schedule a 15 min break between my appts and the "Weekly" view is definitely better than the "monthly" view for this, but still not as clear as I would like.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Heather, thank you for your positive review. We're glad that you've found a lot to like about SimplePractice. We're always working on improving SimplePractice to streamline your workflows even further - thank you for your suggestions of what you'd like to see in SimplePractice in the future. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Beantwortet am 11.9.2019
Jessica
Jessica

Bewertet am 24.10.2019

Great Product for the Price

SimplePractice allows me to operate my private speech therapy practice efficiently, and does not cost an arm and a leg!! I highly recommend this product.

I pay much less for this software than for a similar product I used previously. The software is user friendly, and customer support personnel respond quickly when I have a question.

There are some limitations. For example, clients can't easily upload documents to the portal, creating templates for documentation is tedious, etc.

Lauren

Bewertet am 21.3.2022

It has potential, but needs significant functionality improvements

I stuck with this software over a year and kept being hopeful that design improvements would be possible, and it just hasn't happened.

One of the most frustrating things about Simple Practice is when they mark things "Solved" even when their advice is to "suggest product improvement idea in the user forum," - I understand this is probably an automated process, but it is frustrating.

It is easy to bill and receive payments through Stripe Integration. Telehealth has become more reliable.

I appreciate the ability to customize forms. The treatment planner with Wiley isn't useful as it creates a lot of unnecessary steps.

They now allow client signature and provider signature, which is a great improvement.

The inability to create a solution to the POS coding changes makes this software a poor choice for any provider that takes insurance. The current Simple Practice guidance is to create a calendar for each POS as a workaround.

The software itself rates low on accessibility for visual presentation - the text is all blue, and there is no way to change color scheme, font size, font spacing.

They communicate poorly when they have service outages, and do not give practices any credit to their account when this occurs. This has occasionally improved, but still lacks severely in implementation. There is no way to put in a specific IT ticket, so you often speak with a "Customer Success representative" who may not understand the situation.

Inability to customize the format/presentation of client portal login screen, even if you pay for the highest tier plan.

Calendar sync is only available on the highest tier plan.

Inability to track data on an ongoing basis (weight, rating scales for depression/anxiety etc), and poor functionality for patient records - anything uploaded is a document with no way to organize items.

No ability to add a macro (or similar functionality) into the treatment note to drop down a portion of the treatment plan - currently you need to copy and paste objectives.

The custom forms often look bulky, and could use design improvements. It also does not appear possible to have the custom forms display with your business color scheme and/or logo

TheraNest

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SimplePractice

The billing features at the time were great.
Casiphia

Bewertet am 21.9.2021

SP for SLPs

The tech support has been very prompt and thorough as I have been learning the software. I think SP is willing to make adjustments to make this software more customized to SLPs so I bet it will only get better with time.

It has almost everything in one place (px docs, records, claims, appointments, reminders, intake forms, patient portal)

eval templates for SLPs is poor (I like how clinicsource formulates the patient info at the top, you can copy over from previous eval and edit, and there are checkboxes + templates for evals but SP is not like this to my knowledge), SP does not tell you at the top of each note how many visits remain or the expiration date on the auth, you cannot change the place of service or code at the top of each note,

Bewertet am 23.10.2019

Satisfied with Current Services and Optimistic about Future Improvements

The primary reason I am using Simple Practice is for the insurance billing capabilities so I can make my life easier and not hire a biller.

I love the overnight billing with auto-pay and the entirely digital intake and consent forms.

I have encountered issues when trying to create insurance claims. Additionally, it is a bit pricey considering the fact that many of the offered services can be achieved through GSuite for $6 a month for HIPAA protected documentation and intake forms, and through Square Appointments (a service that comes free when Square is utilized for fee collection).

DocuSign, Stripe Billing und TheraNest

Warum SimplePractice gewählt wurde

I switched from Square and G suite once I got credentialed by insurance panels, as I needed to start billing insurance. Additionally, G suite was not created for private practice so it was a little chaotic and very DIY (and disorganized) and Square's hardware malfunctioned when WIFI signals were not strong - and charged 3.5% to manually charge without the card present.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Google Workspace

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SimplePractice

Better reviews from other private practitioners, positive experience with 30 day free trial.
Nadirah
  • Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 28.11.2018

Now that I experineced it for myself-Telehealth (Therapy) Not as scary and awakard it sounded!

First, I am still learning the software, yet from my experience, I believe I will keep it. I am not shopping around for another one. The support is helpful, daily update and reminders that help keep me organized. At some time, I will add the calendar to my website. For now, the software lives up to it name in that it is a simple practice. When I rented office space, I had to be there to meet my client and some would cancel at the last moment. Now, I set the reminders, phone, email, text... and if I client doesn't show, after I have braved the traffic and rushed across town to get to the office, sitting and waiting and wondering if the client will show, I don't feel that I wasted time, gas and frustrated because the client did not call to cancel hours or days before. I really like my online office. I thought it would feel distant and cold...so far, the online face-to-face still feel personal. I also like that the system meet HIPPA and my state requirements.

I like the ease of scheduling appointments without having to complete lots of training of how to do so. I appreciate the stripe credit card system that is built into the software as this was one concern I had of accepting payments from client. I like the video conferencing and the fact that live training is offered and I actually get to see the people behind the scene as opposed to email. My inquiry to customer support turn around time was a reasonable and issue resolved. I love the fact the I can send a client a paid invoice immediately, after accepting credit card payment over the phone...thank goodness less paperwork. I really love all of the forms clients need to complete are available...ease of writing progress notes, etc...

I am still learning to use the software and got confused when I accepted payment the first time, and not certain if I needed to accept stripe versus manual credit card. I accepted manual credit card and had to make a correction. Each client recent activity is a running list and it would be nice if all activity were grouped under the client name. For example, when I click the client name, I see all activity that took place versus a running list of the same client name numerous times and activity. I wish that I could change the portal name. It appears once decided on a name, it is a url and locked, no changes afterward.

Hi Nadirah,

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. We are so happy to hear that our Telehealth feature is working so well for your practice, and that reminders have helped your clients show up for their appointments on time. With respect to your comments about the Activity logs and your practice URL, we can provide more assistance here. Please reach out to us with an email request by clicking the orange 'Help' button in the bottom left corner of your account, or by following this link: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We look forward to hearing from you.

- Natasha from SimplePractice

Beantwortet am 7.12.2018
Erin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 27.11.2019

A step in the right direction for our group practice.

So far, very excited, very pleased with your customer service and overall happy that we made the jump from three separate software over to one. Please see the comments above, in regard to your calendar which -- is the main criticism for your software. I would be happy to follow up on my ideas via email.

The overall cost for simple practice technically isn't saving us any money, but it is saving lots of time.

I love how FAST and transparent the claims billing and processing experience is. It takes just moments to file and send information out to insurance companies. Whereas we used to have to manually work back and forth from various accounts when using our previous EHR program.

I love the reporting features. We can cut out having to manually track information in excel sheets because Simple Practice makes it available to us at any time. This helps us to track claims, understand our financials and to keep on target with our clients' copays and claims.

The dropdown menus featured, to pull up information on a specific clinician, and pull up their practice information, clients and more is SUCH a great feature for managing our group practice.

Did I mention, that sending claims is easier than ever? - this ease alone is what has me and my team jumping for joy.

I don't like your calendar. This is where things seem to go awry for myself and our clinicians. I think that you guys would benefit by updating and creating a much more user-friendly experience with more control and detail from the calendar.

Before making the change to Simple Practice, our office utilized and paid for Acuity Scheduling. While we totally understand that things would naturally be different from one program to the other, we were, and continue to be baffled and very confused with your calendar programming. Especially using it as a group practice.

The calendar is very unorganized, there really is no detail and it technically takes us 2-3 minutes longer to schedule new clients because you do not offer a drop-down box or mini-calendar to select from in order to see available times. I also cannot stand, the way that when you click in an availble slot in the day view, it defaults to the very minute -- 60 minute sessions need to begin on the hour, and when we are selecting the date, we are having to correct it from " 5:15 pm" to "5:00 pm".

Managing therapists schedules is also a pain. I would like to see an overhaul to your calendar that features new availability designation, new appointment selection, and one that works based on the times and hours that each therapist states for their own schedule. I want to see more control int he calendar.

End request: Create a much better, user friendly calendar!

Claire
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 12.1.2021

Simplifies EVERYTHING

Overall, it's been great! I was reluctant at first to pay what seemed like a lot of money at the time but they offer a world of information, tools, and resources to help with your business. It's a brilliant idea that is, for the most part, very well-executed.

SP is great for having everything you need to run a practice in one place. I have an app on my phone that I can use to quickly check my schedule, send reminders to clients and cancel, change, or add appointments. They have a good "reports" option so that you can see outstanding invoices, insurance claims, etc. plus a number of other categories. I really love how easy SP makes it to submit insurance claims. I don't want to do that by hand nor do I want to hire someone to do it for me so I really appreciate that. I like that clients can request appointments and that all of their info is in one place. SP was very quick to respond to COVID and I appreciate the HIPAA compliant telehealth platform they created during the pandemic at no additional charge. They have extensive training videos but I am mostly self-taught as that's how I learn best. They also offer pretty good CEU classes for not much money about a variety of topics. And, if you're like me and find it hard to sit for the entire class at once, they will email you reminders that you have unfinished classes which is always helpful.

It is very difficult to actually speak to customer service. I spend a LOT of time typing in questions and then wading through what others have also asked about and the answers they got. Real time waster since we all word the issues differently so you get many irrelevant answers to try to parse. Half the time I can't remember how to get someone to actually chat with me - when they do it seems to work fine but can also be cumbersome depending on what the issue is.

Debbie
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Bewertet am 23.9.2021

Overall

Simplepractice is an all-in-one HIPAA-compliant program that has been life-changing regarding the management of my practice. It has allowed me significantly more time to treat patients and less time with administrative tasks such as generating paper claims and statements. Initially, there was an incredible learning curve when my previous practice management program did not cooperate in assisting with the transfer of a large amount of data. Simplepractice allowed me the extra time needed beyond the 30-day trial period to manually enter the data. I am so thankful to know about Simplepractice.

-Completely HIPAA compliant
-I now prepare and submit claims within minutes and know almost immediately of any errors or need for resubmission
-Electronic claims submissions result in the quick return of payments
-Collections are minimal with the ability to process payments with the internal credit card company
-Charting progress notes is standardized and easy with a "load previous note" function
-The compatibility with my phone and tablet is wonderful, especially with the dictation to text function
-I can develop my own forms specific to the needs of my specialty
-Patients easily access the friendly portal and quickly complete and return office forms
-Support through chat, email, shared audio/visual screen, and now phone is timely with knowledgeable and friendly representatives

-The program only allows for one supervisor per intern and is not amenable to a satisfactory work around
-All therapist's calendars are visible to all team members
-Lacks functional use of invoices as most know them
-Cannot send group emails or notify the entire caseload of information to be shared by the practice

Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 19.2.2022

Unwanted new features to justify significant price increase.

My experience was poor overall. I initially loved them and recommended to others but I will be leaving simple practice for another EMR after this sudden and senseless price hike as I'm sure this is a pattern they will continue. They were very dismissive of my concerns and let me know that there would be no refunds. I did not feel I could trust them to make decisions in the interest of the consumer. As a product developer myself I typically send out surveys and conduct focus groups on new products. I don't think they did this judging by the pile of negative reviews on trust pilot within the last few weeks. A price increase is fine but a price increase above 10% of the base cost in a time of crisis is price gouging.

I liked the original pricing plans. They were reasonable and had the basic features my practice required (online booking widget, documentation, and appointment reminders).

Simple Practice gave little notice when they hiked the price by 50% for some basic features. They stated that the new features justified the price hike however we don't use the new features, didn't request them, don't need them, and don't want them. What we require is the plan we chose upon choosing this EMR. An added website isn't useful when you already have a website and don't need two. Telepractice isn't useful when their system is inferior to zoom and you already have a system in place.

Antwort von SimplePractice

When changing our pricing, we conducted extensive research on how to charge customers at a rate that was commiserate with the services we provide and the labor it requires. We also conducted research on the necessary features and most utilized functions and segmented that data based on the stage of private practice the customer was in: how long they'd been in private practice, if they were a solo-practitioner, small group, large group practice, client case load etc. The new Essential Plan is very similar to our sunset Professional Plan, but it's meant for a solo-practitioner. We've tailored 3 distinct plans to better fit the stages our customers' private practice journey - including an affordable Starter plan. We added many new, highly requested, features in 2021, and extended options for customer support. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to build our product and introduce more customization in our subscription plans in the future.

Beantwortet am 18.4.2022
Kathryn

Bewertet am 3.2.2022

Great product 3-5 years ago has declined significantly

In the beginning, SimplePractice really helped me streamline my practice and made practice management so much more effective. It was a lifesaver as I was transitioning from agency work to full time private/solo practice. I recommended it to so many colleagues and supervisees. It has really begun to go downhill over the last year since being sold to EngageSmart.

The mobile app, customizable forms, template library, reports, and client booking are all really excellent. Billing, calendaring (especially customization like color-coding), chart notes, and other features are "fine" but could be improved.

I provide supervision and consultation as well as therapy and there is no way to differentiate between types of clients. Customization of the calendar (e.g. color coding for types of clients and location of service) is essentially non-existent. Billing and invoicing has always been confusing and clunky. Just generally, the customer service is absolutely atrocious. SP representatives in online platforms are obtuse and dishonest in responses, and it is really hard to get ahold of someone to help when there is a problem. I also am very disappointed with the new pricing structure which doesn't even attempt to hide the fact that they are strong-arming people into the highest tier by including basic features like calendar syncing or adding a supervisor only in that very highest tier. They clearly prioritize profit/shareholders over customers, and their goal is to monopolize everything about the online therapy world (websites, therapist directory, continuing ed, etc) rather than putting resources into continuing to make their product better. Some really basic features that folks have been asking for for at least 5 1/2 years (since I've been a customer) are still not there.

Jenni
  • Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen

Bewertet am 8.8.2018

Initial Pros and Cons

I am just getting started...I have high hopes yet!

**Note: I am very new to Simple Practice and I'm only three weeks in.

What I like most about this is the idea that everything will be located all in one place. No paper files to lug around, reduced costs on printing paper and ink for intakes and informed consents, and I'm excited about having automatic appointment reminders for clients. I like that I can send clients the documents ahead of time so they don't have to spend 20-25 minutes when they first arrive filing out paperwork. We can get started right away. And I appreciate that I can customize the way I contact the clients as their individual preference (some want texts, some want voice messages).

Although I am fairly tech savvy (I'm the top end of the millennials), I have not found simple practice as user friendly as I had hoped. I have used many support options so far and find the in-person ones most helpful. While trying to create my current intake form into one of the forms and documents...I found it rather nightmare-ish. It was tedious and I felt like it took 10 times longer than it needed to. I was SO glad my 30 minute phone consult had given me the heads up to use the pre-existing template and just change every question so I didn't have to totally re-invent the wheel. I am SO glad the template already existed! But I still felt like I was using a chisel on stone. It felt tedious and painful. I'm glad that's over!
Sometimes I get stuck on the calendar page and haven't yet found the button to default to the normal HOME setting so I have the sidebar. These are small things that I hardly ever have a hard time wasting time on..and yet I found myself not being able to get back there today multiple times.
Not as user friendly as I hoped.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Jenni, we know you're just getting started with SimplePractice, and we also know there's a bit of a learning curve getting used to any software product. It's great to see that you're looking forward to being totally paperless! I'm also glad to see that you were able to connect with a SimplePractice team member to help you get your intake forms all set up. We offer unlimited live support - take advantage so we can get you up and running! Thanks for choosing SimplePractice and for joining our community - we're proud to support the vital work that you do.

- Gillian from SimplePractice

Beantwortet am 27.8.2018
Carrie

Bewertet am 10.2.2022

Disappointed and downhill from there

I have been frustrated and disappointed in my experience based on their reputation. The accounting was awful and frustrated my office manager, and the billing functions did not make up for it. The intake missed so much, I had to go back to emailing my own forms. The new tiered plan adding another 33-45% per month just to get basic function because they stripped down the plans is just disrespectful business, and I hope to change as soon as possible.

Some of the note templates were nice than having tons of click boxes, and being able to do them on a mobile device is nice. The ability to bill secondary insurance electronically was the biggest selling point, and on the occasions it worked, was nice to have.

Accounting, billing history records for claims don't make sense for the task. They don't keep up the records the way that's needed and risks lost revenue. The date to review billing is recent and short, so problems disappear to be lost until it's too late. The clearinghouse is inconsistent and unreachable except through them. They can be slow to set up credentialing unless you push on SP, even for problems when you need to redo something, this more lost revenue. Some billing issues with clearinghouse or insurance took fighting over a year- and repeated the following year, the rules changing suddenly. Then, they changed their pricing so that basic functionality for many offices, including small or solo ones cannot benefit without the premium version, overpaying for basic features and taking bulky features that are not necessary or useful.

Trish

Bewertet am 1.2.2022

Price Gauged Solo Practitioners!

The last year has not been a good experience and in the process of looking for another EHR.

All the features it has the ability to give a practice.

Have been using for many years. Always felt it was a great value. Over the past year or so they have added features that are not necessary and things most therapists already have (EG websites, directory, forms). They have officially raised their prices which is understandable; however, the drastic increase that went from a basic feature (such as calendar syncing) or an added biller is only available on their most expensive tier package. They essentially are forcing many providers to increase paying them over $30 more a month or having to switch the EHR software. It makes sense to add more options but to make a lot of options "basic" that are not used by most of us to charging a lot more for solo practitioners is highly disheartening.

Cathy

Bewertet am 3.3.2018

Tried a few, decided to keep SimplePractice

I can now easily log my notes without taking up space in my office (I converted from paper files to SP); I can input my notes much quicker; text reminders for clients!! No more no-call-no-shows!!

SP is easy to use and quite intuitive. The customer service agents are simply amazing - always very kind and unlike many from other companies, they actually take the time to read and write personalized replies instead of sending out a cookie-cutter template. I've asked more questions than I care to remember and every single time, I have received a precise answer with clear, detailed explanations. That, in my opinion, makes it all worth it. It has pretty much all the features I need without going over-the-top with bells and whistles, adding unnecessary bloat like another major service provider.

There are only two things which come to mind, and they aren't major cons. The first is the inability to fully personalize text messages in another language - we can modify the text reminder; however, the date that is sent with the message remains in english (so in a french message, the date still appears in english - day of the week, month, date, time). Not a major issue, but it would be great to offer an option to convert the whole message into a given language. Second is the ability to add an add-on service for an appointment. For example, I offer animal-assisted therapy to some of my clients. I would love to be able to track how many hours my animals are putting in; as of now, there is no way to add and add-on service, I have to actually enter my co-therapist as a client and "book" him an appointment for his hours to appear somewhere in my logs. Again, not a major issue, it would simply be nice to be able to add additional services to a session.

Hi Cathy,

I'm so happy to hear SimplePractice has felt intuitive and that your communication with customer service has been clear and precise. If you're interested, feel free to check out our product roadmap blog to keep up with what we're working on: https://tinyurl.com/y8hklj7b.

Best,
Niki

Beantwortet am 7.4.2018
Katie
Katie

Bewertet am 14.4.2018

AWESOME investment for my private practice!

I like the Ehr features, how everything is available on my phone or computer. When I worked at an agency, I used Greenway, another electronic system, so this is simply so perfect for my private practice needs - organization, client info, convenience, customizable email templates/forms, all electronic paperwork. I appreciate the Simple Practice team behind the software! When I had an issue, we scheduled screen sharing to work through it and the team is very prompt with email replies. I love that everything is EASY and convenient, so I don't need any paperwork. I also like how stripe is connected and recurrent auto pay is an option. I am private pay, so it's easy to edit the cost of a client's session depending if they are on a sliding scale. Also, there is a "book online" feature, so I have added this to my website and clients are using it! One of my client's mom's loves booking sessions at 11pm and planning for the week ahead, so the feedback is super positive. Love it!

The app and the safari browse are different. Some things aren't in the app, so I always just keep the browser open. One thing I'd like to improve: there is only room for one person's phone number to get the automated text and voicemail reminders. I see kids and some teens, so I'd like mom, dad, and teen client to each get a text and voicemail reminder about the appointment. It would be great to have two three people's phone numbers to have auto texting reminders sent to them.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Katie, thank you so much for the kind words - we're glad to hear that SimplePractice is making your life as a private practitioner easy. You'll be happy to hear that improvements to our mobile app functionality, and improvements to management of groups and families in the Client Portal, are both at the top of our Product Roadmap. You can keep up with our Roadmap here: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005264123-SimplePractice-Product-Roadmap

We're proud to support the transformative work that you do!
- Gillian at SimplePractice