Über SendGrid

SendGrid ist ein cloudbasiertes E-Mail-Marketing-Tool, das Vermarkter und Entwicklern beim Kampagnenmanagement und Audience Engagement hilft. Zu den wichtigsten Funktionen gehören A/B-Tests, Mailinglistenverwaltung, vordefinierte...

4,0

577 von 577 Bewertungen
Rodion
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 5.8.2022

Pretty good as an SMTP server

Pretty good as an SMTP server.

Easily integrates with a lot of other email marketing software, quite easy to set up, improves email deliverability.

The menu could be more straightforward.

It also has a bug that the support team says they know about but don't fix for some reason, even though it seems to me like it's very easy to fix: when you're approaching your sending threshold for one day, SendGrid sends you alert messages saying that you've used up over 95% of your 'MONTHLY' sending limit even though it's only 'DAILY' sending limit. When it first happened to me, I got very confused and contacted the support that they told me they know about it. All that's needed is to change one word. Don't get confused as I did.

Orianne
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 5.9.2022

Sending SaaS emails through the service is the best option.

Minimal running costs and the minimal need for application development make the API cost-effective. Even as a simple SMTP gateway, the API can perform many functions. These include distribution results and bounce information, which make the proper operation possible.

MTA SaaS services are made possible by the original. It is used to display messages from the service provider and notify the public of upcoming announcements. Nowadays it is difficult to operate with an original because it could be used by malicious third parties as a spam pass-through. However, it can operate securely if appropriate security measures and patches are applied frequently. Using the SendGrid service frees business owners from work they cannot control.

With the sub-user functions and the ability to manage each distribution case, it is easy to confirm the rate and track each delivery in the dashboard. In addition, it is easy to ensure bounce time records and investigate why mail was not delivered from the dashboard. This is because each case has a dedicated distribution manager that can perform distribution management in each case. It is advisable to confirm delivery with a tracking code, but it is also possible to check mail confirmation without any further action. This process can be completed quickly with any of the services offered.

Since the records of previous bounces disappear when searching, I want to extend the logging period a bit. To extract the data through webhooks, making a request each time is necessary.

Hamza
  • Branche: Verlagswesen

Bewertet am 30.8.2022

From Good to Worst

Have used sendgrid almost 6 years now, when it was not acquired by Twillo the things goes very nicely, cause they have the policy to change the IPs to get better deliverability with almost 15% open ratio but after acquiring by twillo my experience started from good to worst, they stop changing IP's and when you called the customer service they are unable to do any thing, hence, after six years business relation with Sendgrid, finally has cancelled the subscription

In shared IP plans, operator need to change the IP every fort night so that deliverability can be improved

Die besten Alternativen zu SendGrid

Bewertet am 31.5.2022

Reliable, high-bandwidth, and reasonably priced

Overall, SendGrid has been a very valuable asset for our company. Even when we are not fully using every available feature, it's never failed us at a crucial moment, and continues to be a reliable and reasonably priced solution for us.

Our help desk/support team skews more to the "client's industry specialist" side and less to the tech savant end. That being said, SendGrid continues to be simple to use tool for those that interact with it daily. Setup and further customizations have been simple, and over the course of 10 years, it has continued to prove its value with minimum service inturruptions.

Our team's only major complaint during our ensure using SendGrid was mostly when it was a less mature product. There were some shortcomings early on with the email marketing and contact management, but there has been considerable progress and improvements in almost all corners of their service and UI.

HubSpot Marketing Hub und Mailchimp Transactional Email

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Our company was VERY small and short staffed when we realized we needed a transactional/API email service. After reading reviews and comparing pricing and features, SendGrid fit our needs the best, especially the pricing packages.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 22.8.2022

We wanted to try using a new tool

The developers started using Sendgrid to confirm that the emails provided on the portals we created were valid ones. Later on, our marketing team also started to use Sendgrid to blast emails and follow up on how our users interacted with the content we sent. We used to work on another software but we didn't use it's full package and we found it too expensive. So, we ended up switching to Sendgrid and it's doing a good job so far.

Not the easiest software to use to be honest. The visual of it is just too much information dispayed directly, can be very confusing at first.

Guillermo
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 21.9.2022

Excelente para integrar con Click funnels

Muy buena para integrar con Click funnels

He adquirido esta herramienta para poder integrar correos en Click funnels y no me arrepiento, la funcionalidad que tienen juntos es muy buena, además sus precios por cantidad de clientes es competitiva

Mejorar un poco el entorno gráfico para apreciar las estadísticas de los correos

AWeber

Warum SendGrid gewählt wurde

Porque íbamos a usar Click funnels y aweber no tiene integración con ellos.

AWeber

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Porque tiene integración con Click funnels
Richard

Bewertet am 14.9.2022

Not the best

I would have liked to continue with SendGrid since we spend time upfront in its implementation, but we simply could not continue once we came to the conclusion that it was simply not performing for us as well as other ESPs.

The pricing and implementation were easy enough but once we ran into some issues with email deliverability I felt like I had to school them on what to do.

It did not adapt to our needs, primarily deliverability.

Higher Logic Thrive und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

I chose all of those options but went with SendGrid originally due to price, ease of implementation and positive email reviews.
Gabriela
  • Branche: Immobilien

Bewertet am 31.8.2022

Great for sending emails!

Its been tricky getting my account verified

Love that this integrates directly with Follow Up Boss

It is hard to get support if you are on the free trial phase.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

I haven't tried Mailchimp but know that others use it.
Taha Burhan
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 29.7.2022

SaaS Product Email Journey

We use Sendgrid for email automation of our saas product. We plan emails from Sendgrid that will facilitate the journey of our customers in many different scenarios. Since it is very easy to use, we can quickly create templates specific to our company. Also, the email delivery speed is very good and this is very important for us.

It's really easy to integrate quickly with just one API key. When I learned that it is also preferred by many large businesses, my confidence increased considerably.

Deepa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 7.8.2022

SendGrid excellent SMTP provider.

SendGrid was our SMTP provider for transactional emails. Using the APIs, the platform can be easily integrated with the backend system and the service can be used right away. Pricing is very attractive and can be integrated with various marketing automation platforms.

Mails start reaching SPAM box after some time and there is no clear way to analyse how many email are reaching to inbox. Domain and Ip reputation cannot be tracked on this platform.

Rahul

Bewertet am 1.5.2022

Most Underrated Powerful Email Marketing Tool

Sendgrid is a powerful email marketing tool that offers superior services to its customers. Sendgrid is a must-have tool for start-ups, eCommerce businesses, freelancers and corporates. One thing that separates Sendgrid from other email marketing tools is their scalability once our list grows. The free version of Sendgrid allows you to send 100 emails every day.

What I like most about Sendgrid is that most of the tools out there offer easy integration with Sendgrid. Some apps can even directly integrate with SendGrid without using automation software like Zapier.

Sendgrid's UI is a bit confusing and it took some time to get used to the options. The email editor lacks certain features.

ConvertKit, Moosend und Omnisend

Warum SendGrid gewählt wurde

They are very expensive and for half the price I can get all the features on Sendgrid.

Sendlane

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Sendgrid offers more options and subscribers on the free plan than what they offer on their paid plan.
Pius
  • Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 26.4.2022

SendGrid

Sendgrid handles all my mailing campaigns and I have stuck with it from day one to date. I like the email deliverability and tracking metrics offered by SendGrid and will stick with it for the foreseeable future as everything works smoothly.

It was very easy to integrate with my existing stack. SendGrid has really worked hard to make sure it's easy to use their software with other services out there. Most website builders by default ask you to integrate Sendgrid as your emailing service, and that was the case with my website builder. It was really easy for me to get started as all I had to do was add an API key in a provided input field. SendGrid did all the heavy lifting and I did not have to do any coding or even go through the API documentation(which by the way is very comprehensive ). You fill that that is the case in so many services that integrate with SendGrid, integration is light-work.

It is a little expensive, especially when sending a tonne of emails out and having a lot of contacts. Your email totals low-key add up when you have multiple drip campaigns and transactional emails set up. If you have a small budget it's really difficult to get measurable success on SendGrid as I found out when I just started while having a very low budget. The best way to get the best out of SendGrid is with a substantial budget, and that's a bummer when starting out.

Mailchimp und AWeber

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

I choose Sendgrid because it was really easy to set up with my stack of Bubble and Zapier without any code of using the API documentation.
Dome

Bewertet am 19.11.2021

That's the best smtp software you can get for your buck

i would recommend sendrgrig to everyone my mum included. It's just the best smtp provider if you consider money and value

ok this is not a free software but you can get all you want: just smtp or stats and more.. what I really enjoyed was the stats service.. If you run an e-commerce you'll be familiar with the question: "did my customer got the email?" well with sendgrid you can actually answer that question. You'll have a full report and you can easily tell if your customer got the email or something went wrong. This is something just invaluable.

This is not a pricy software but you need to understand its value. if your business is not big enough maybe it will be hard to sustain. nevertheless i just can say this is the place to look even if you have a small business. unless you want to take the burden of handling smtp this software is just awesome.

MailUp, Zoho Mail und Mailchimp

Warum SendGrid gewählt wurde

This is the best software if you need an affordable secure smtp with stats and cherries on top.

Zoho Mail und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

SendGrid is my recommended choice. I'll keep suggesting it to all my customers.
Vishal

Bewertet am 9.8.2021

SendGrid - Best Email API for sending marketing emails

I use SendGrid for sending communication and marketing emails to thousands of customers every day. Sending close to 100,000 emails per month and the quality of service is quite good. Must say I am happy to use SendGrid.

The best thing about using the SendGrid Email API was the performance measured in terms of email deliverability and server uptime.

The dashboard provides good insights with respect to number of emails sent, delivered and opened. Thus helps a great deal in improving marketing campaigns.

From the deployment point of view, the integration of SendGrid with the existing email service was quite easy and can be completed easily without great efforts.

As far as technical aspects are concerned, there is nothing which I don't like.

On the pricing front, would like to add my views. Currently, the pricing plans are available as Free (100 emails per day), Essentials and Pro. The Essentials plan starts from 14.95$ per month for upto 40,000 emails a month and the Pro starts at 89.95$ per month. These plans are good for small and medium size websites.

Would be good to see if a new Basic plan is introduced for a low starting price of 4.95$ per month and offering upto 10,000 emails a month. Such a plan would be highly suitable for extra small website applications who have a limited customer base.

Sendinblue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Going by various product reviews and comparing the various plans offered by different vendors, we decided to select SendGrid as the best choice for our email requirements.
Eddie
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 7.7.2021

E-mail Marketing optimized for Professionals

SendGrid is a tool made for those looking for industrial strength e-mail marketing. If you have a small list and want a free tool where you have many templates and can drag and drop designs, MailChimp is the right tool. However, if you are sending millions of e-mails and want to use code and highly technical attributes with tens of thousands of users in your e-mail list you pretty much have to abandon MailChimp and SendGrid is the best tool in the space

The code editor and how everything is optimized for coding allows for truly beautiful e-mail marketing campaigns. SendGrid can accommodate beautiful e-mail templates that were created in HTML/CSS, you just have to know how to code for it to be useful for you.

They do not have a way to graphically edit particularly easily like with MailChimp.

To make a good looking e-mail marketing campaign you must know how to code, there are not a lot of templates provided for you to edit or drag and drop. It was not intended as a tool if you would like to drag and drop.

On the upside this got us to learn how to code better.

Warum SendGrid gewählt wurde

MailChimp actually gets very pricey after you exceed 2,000 users. MailChimp also lacks the sophistication you need when you start doing more advanced activities companies like Uber and Spotify do. If you see sent by MailChimp you know it's a small business.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

SendGrid is professional strength e-mail marketing.
Oscar

Bewertet am 20.5.2019

The best mail service provider for marketing and transactional emails.

I have been working with Sendgrid for more than 2 years and it really has been very helpful.

It's perfect when you need to send transactional mails, for example password recovery or notifications to users from your website. or custom marketing campaigns. You can implement on your App easily with his Full Documented API or via SMTP.

The free forever plan is perfect when you're starting a website or application and still do not have enough users. You can also easily upgrade your plan in order to get more emails monthly .

Recommended with closed eyes.

1. Have AB Testing enable.
2. Manage unsubscribe emails.
3. Easy to Integrate via API or SMTP.
4. Email Reputation indicator.
5.Full detailed report. You can see if the email it's blocked, bounced or delivered.
6. Have a Forever Free plan . (40.000 Emails in the trial period, then 100 Emails Daily forever)

Send grid interface it's a little bit confuse.

No more cons to highlight, for me it's a perfect tool.

Mailchimp Transactional Email, Sendinblue und Mailjet

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

His API have a good documentation and it's easy to implement. The free forever plan . The Price it's low in comparison with the competitors.
Mckenzie
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 10.9.2021

Effective Emailing tool

Excellent

We use sendgrid for our enterprise application for all purpose ranging from notification, verification and transactional information. We switched from a competitor that was burning our pockets and had a lot of issues. the pricing was a balance between our budger and our requirements and send grid just fit into the grid for us

No complaints. However the suggestion to the manufacturers would be to improvise the documentation for this product to provide more use case specific guidance to help users

Nurul Aishah
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 3.11.2021

Simplified email service

Our business application uses Sendgrid for various purposes, including notification, authentication, and transactional data. We migrated from a competitor that was draining our bank accounts and causing a slew of problems. The cost was a good match for our budget and objectives, and the send grid was a perfect fit for us. They provide some handy online manuals to get you started, as well as a variety of configurable options to make sure the device is suitable for you.

It requires greater adaptability and customization tools to be successful in the long run. I couldn't discover a method to adjust automatic track in UTMs; it can only be activated or deactivated, which isn't convenient. The integrating and installation procedure were the most challenging aspects of implementing Sendgrid for us. However, customer assistance and YouTube tutorials were beneficial.

Abigail
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 5.7.2018

An Easy to Use Email Marketing Software

The detailed stats from each email campaign is amazing, and the Unsubscribe groups option really helped with GDPR compliance

1. On the bottom left side of the dashboard is a small reputation percentage bar, that measures your reputation. The bar is updated daily based on your email sends, your reputation goes down if your email bounces or is marked as spam.
2. Stats: SendGrid provides A LOT of data on the performance of your email campaigns, these stats are: Requests, Delivered, Opens, Unique Opens, Clicks, Unique Clicks, Unsubscribes, Spam Reports, Bounces, Blocks, Bounce Drops, Spam Report Drops, Unsubscribe Drops and Invalid Emails. SendGrid also provides stats such as: Global Stats, Category Stats, Category Comparison, Subuser Stats, Subuser Comparison, Geographical, Email Clients & Devices, Mailbox Provider Stats, Mailbox Provider Comparison, Browser Stats, and Browser Comparison
3. A/B Testing
4. Unsubscribe Groups: This is without doubt my favorite feature from SendGrid. When you click on "Marketing" on the left side of your dashboard, and select tour from the drop down, it sort of lists steps to set up for sending marketing emails. Step 3 on the list of things to do is to create unsubscribe groups. Here you can Create groups that represent types of email that you regularly send to your recipients. If a recipient chooses to unsubscribe, they will have the option of selecting which of these groups they want to unsubscribe from.

1. The Email templates in SendGrids gallery are a bit basic which initially wasn't a problem as I liked creating my own template, but I did not like how I couldn't modify the "columns" module to my taste.

I wanted to create a template with three columns with the center column bigger than the two on the side. The idea was to have my client's images linking to their projects (On their websites) on the side columns, with the write up in the center column.
However, that couldn't be done (At least so far it seems so as I can't find any option to tweak the size/width of each column) as each column has an equal width.

2. No automation function: I'd like to create a sort of If/Then sequence where I can resend an email to a group of people after x days, for example, I'd like to resend an email (With a different heading of course) to people who have not opened the first email after four days.

Anatoly
  • Branche: Informationsdienst

Bewertet am 1.8.2018

SendGrid offers a great transactional email API, but deliverability & support issues hold it...

Easy integration into our platform and deliverability metrics. Dedicated IP, if you pay for it.

We use SendGrid for transactional emails, such as welcome messages & notifications. Generally, SendGrid offers great tools to integrate emails into a variety of different application platforms and programming languages. We really like its level of detail when checking on the status of emails. Sendgrid is also free for basic transactional emails, which makes it easy to try and ensure it will work with your application. We use a third-party library called Nodemailer with Sendgrid, so switching from a different service to Sendgrid was trivial.

While the service is easy to use and offers comprehensive email activity metrics, there are a few things about it we didn't like. First, because the free tier uses shared IPs, we consistently had emails that wouldn't get delivered because of IP blocks. There were a handful of IPs that we had that experience with, and it persisted for weeks -- without any support intervention. Sendgrid must have deliverability metrics on their side as well, so I am surprised they didn't drop these IPs from their IP pool proactively. We had to upgrade to the PRO plan, which was the least expensive plan that had a dedicated IP. We also had to pay extra for 30 days of email history, you get 3 days by default. I'd love to see all these options be a-la-carte, but I get that you need to make revenue somehow, and few companies send enough emails to justify jumping to the next paid plan -- unless you NEED that deliverability guarantee that you get w/ dedicated IPs, which we did.

Zee
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 29.10.2019

If you're tight on the budget...

It did what we needed it to do, so that was good. We used it for over a year for monthly newsletters, but as soon as our marketing budget allowed it, we switched to MailChimp.

It did work and it did send the email newsletters that we needed it to. Therefore, it wasn't a complete waste of money :D Compared to many other options for email marketing, SendGrid was one of the cheapest options (except for sending the newsletters manually through one's email) and that was one of the reasons why we went with it.

It's got a lot of features, but they feel half-baked (I'm sorry, but they do.) For example, you can unsubscribe those whose emails have bounced or who unsubscribed. But in order to do that, you need to download those lists, then upload them to a special list you can call "unsubscribes" or whatever, and then, right after you've imported this list, you delete it - along with associated accounts. THIS deletes the people who bounced from your lists. Seriously?!

The annoying thing was the styling within the newsletter. I am a perfectionist, so all text sizes and everything should be consistent. However, SendGrid kept changing the styles of my text and I had to choose "Normal" several times (even after copy-pasting the text from Notepad that doesn't support formatting AT ALL). And if you click on "Edit HTML" (which I often do because it's a fast way to clean away all the annoying tags), SendGrid would convert my block to HTML and would have an entirely different set of styles for it.

Also, the support pages were written for someone who is native to this SendGrid thing and not a newbie. Despite doing email marketing for years, I had a hard time understanding what I need to do.

Reply und Mailchimp
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

Bewertet am 25.7.2018

Sendgrid shines on mass mailing, but lacks some required features

Transactional email

Sendgrid is ready for your scale. From the smallest Saas apps to the largest enterprises, Sendgrid was built with scale in mind. It handles transactional emails very well, and is relatively simple to integrate into your codebase or product workflow. Templates come out of the box, but some coding knowledge is needed to style transactional emails. All templates can be easily versioned.

Concerns on security and blacklisting are limited. As long as you follow their recommendations, Sendgrid will deliver your email.

Pricing is very fair and generous. In years of use, I've never gone over a plan limit.

Functionality can be limited in interesting ways depending on your plan. On the most basic paid plans, several code features are just missing. Reporting is the most glaring issue, with basic reporting showing only a rolling group of recently sent emails. Without a deeper dive into your logs, you may miss issues.

Transactional emails also lack some features that seem required, like weblinks for email and easy native unsubscribe. There are workarounds for both, but not without challenges. Version tracking for templates is also completely missing, unless you use new versions for each edit you make.

Jonathan
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 28.9.2020

An affordable choice for transactional emails with one flaw

Overall, the experience was solid. Price and customer service were great. Unfortunately, the spam and email block issue was a deal breaker.

The pricing is great. Easy to use API with lots of documentations. Their user interface is straightforward. The customer service has always been pretty quick to get back to me. It's a popular service with a lot of integrations available.

I was a happy user of Sendgrid for a long time, but emails sent with the service always went to the spam folder for Microsoft email services (Outlook, Hotmail, MSN). This could never seem to get resolved, even with a dedicated IP that they offered. Then recently, Microsoft started blocking the emails. I found out this was because a spammer had used their service and got the shared IP blacklisted. They were unable to help me resolve it swiftly, so I had to leave the service, because we have a lot of people who use Microsoft email services.

Postmark und Mailgun
Jase
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 31.8.2021

A full suite of rich marketing power.

We send thousands of 2-factor authentication emails out monthly with Sengrid and hundreds of marketing emails out each month. The flexibility in passing large volume of email data to a sending partner allowed us to focus on developing the areas we needed and leaving email marketing to Sendgrid.

Sendgrid have a full published API allowing for easy integration into any system you build. They have some super helpful guides online to get started and a whole host of customisable settings to ensure the product works for you.

The 30 day reporting period is quite limited and I wish this was closer to 90 days or longer.

Mailgun

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Sendgrid have a stack of other features including SMS messages and contact management. For us, it felt like the better long term partnership.
Matt
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Bewertet am 26.11.2019

Best Transnational Email App

We use Sendgrid to send emails from our website and our SaaS applications. This allows us to send emails without worrying about local security surrounding SMTP servers and maintaining the servers and services around email. We love them for their free plan as well as it allows us to test and deploy without road blocks.

The easy integration with their API and out of box integration with dozens of third parties. Easy to use SMTP gateway service and amazing free to start plan.

Office365 now blocks most of Sendgrids IP ranges which makes delivery difficult in some cases. You can how ever upgrade to a dedicated IP and this isn't an issue with their software. Other than that, have more than 1 api user on the entry plan would be great but what can I complain about..

Mailchimp Transactional Email