Float Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Zum Anbieter

Über Float

Float ist eine kollaborative Ressourcenmanagement Software für die Projekt- und Aufgabenplanung in Echtzeit. Zu den Funktionen gehören eine intuitive Nutzeroberfläche, Drag-and-drop-Funktionen, Tastaturbefehle, Berichte sowie...

4,4
4,2

Nutzerbewertungen zu Float durchsuchen

1.595 von 1.595 Bewertungen
Adam
Adam

Bewertet am 27.6.2022

Solid Product

It's helped us grow a lot and help more people. It's really helped us spend less time doing admin work and more time doing real work and helping people. It takes some getting used to and commitment but it's beautifully designed, intuitive, and a big part of our success.

How easy it is to use. It's easy to jump in and also complicated enough that you can really use some advanced features.

There are of course small issues here and there but none worth mentioning at all. It's truly a great product and really helpful.

Antwort von Float

Thank you for your review, Adam! Excellent to hear that Float is saving you time on admin work so you can do more of what you do best!

Beantwortet am 1.7.2022
Colby
  • Branche: Bau

Bewertet am 16.8.2020

A fantastic, easy to use software that gets the job done

The simplicity of Float was what sold it for us. As a company with around 90 very busy engineers and designers, entering workload data needed to take less than 5 minutes. With Float we can do this. Once all the data is in Float, managers can easily see who needs more work and who is overloaded. Support is also fantastic. The instant message service on the website always gets a fast response.

No major issues. If I had to nitpick, I had to create a workaround to allow all employees to be able to automatically see every project in the system sithout assigning it to them. To do this I had to make every user an admin. But this works fine.

Resource Management

Warum Float gewählt wurde

Excel was very manual, cumbersome and time consuming.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Float

The ease of use was critical to us. Float did everything we needed it to.
Antony
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 10.5.2024

FLOAT - EI

minimalistic style makes it easy to identify different tasks and task blocks

It's a bit basic in terms of what you can do with scheduling, could be more autonomous when assigning tasks in terms of setting your own colour permanently

Die besten Alternativen zu Float

Laura
  • Branche: Medienproduktion

Bewertet am 5.9.2019

Great value. Lots of potential

I've been using CETA scheduling software for the last 4 years in big VFX companies and I must say that Float is not there yet but is actually getting broadly comparable. In the last 4 months that I introduced it into my new team it's proved to be quite useful to keep track of the progression of our projects. During these months I've seen that it has already improved in many areas that I'm excited to see what comes next.
I can see it can become a really powerful software.

There aren't may softwares that let you schedule a team in such an easy and organised way.
I think most softwares nowadays are too complex and make you spend more time organising tasks than actually working on them.
Float is so clear and simple you can actually use it to manage big projects without spending too much time on it.

It's getting better, but it would be very useful if we could:

- Right click on a pencil and be able to copy it over into a different person.
- Book more than one person on the same project (for example if two workers are on the same project because one of them is doing a training but you don't want to charge twice for that time).
- Lately when I try to schedule more than 1 project in one day on the same person I get a message saying I can't schedule anyone for more than 24 hours) even if I'm not exceeding the 8 normal working hours. It'd be great if that could be fixed.
- It'd be good if milestones were more visible.
- I think reports should be a bit less complicated and more visual.
- It'd be really helpful if you could group projects up in folders when you go to the Projects tab as at the moment we have like... 45 different projects going on and although we color code them it's difficult to organise all of them.
-I'd like to have more than only three types of view when looking at our schedules a part from 'Days, 'Weeks' and 'Months'.
It'd be great if you could 'Archive' users as well as projects. So when a worker it's not working at the company anymore and you don't want to pay for it on Float you can kind of 'Archive' him (so you are not able to book him on anything but still you can see him on the boards so you don't loose what it's been scheduled on him.)

monday.com und Asana

Warum Float gewählt wurde

Monday has too many tools that you don't really get to use when scheduling. It also doesn't have an overview of projects as clear as the one Float has.

Zuvor genutzte Software

monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Float

Its the closes to CETA software that we could find. It's good value for the price it offers and it's very intuitive and flexible.
Agata
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 16.4.2024

Great tool for planning of a numerous team

It gives the possibility to use it with a low or high level of detail of scheduling. A lot of possibilities and very flexible tool.

I don't have any issue with the product. What I like least about using Float is that not every member of the team is committed in using it so we can have some misunderstandings because for instance the colleague schedule some time-off on Google calendar but then forget to report it also in Float.

Alessandro
Alessandro
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 28.8.2023

MID-SIZE CREATIVE TEAM (20 ppl)

Float is a powerful tool that can help the managers to make sure the team is not overloaded (or underloaded :) ).At the same time we have a clear vision if we, as a team, we can take more projects to work on or we have to raise our hand because we are in difficult

Visually could be more appealing. User interface is easy but it could be more eye-catching for the creative team

Resource Guru

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Float

The opportunity to have a mobile app and a time tracker
  • Branche: Internet
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 28.8.2023

Easy Ressourceplanning tool

We're using it for three years now and intend to continue doing so.

This tool does exactly what its supposed to do for our Purposes. We are very glad to use it. On of the best features is the automated e-mail for the colleagues at the beginning of a sheduled week.

From our perspective there is likely nothin in particular to dislike.

JIRA Service Management

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Float

Its cheaper and covers exactly our need of having a simple and intuitive ressource planning tool
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 17.8.2020

Great tool for roadmapping personal/team schedules

It has definitely been a step in the right direction for our business using float and has a better visual to some alternatives such as monday.com.

It is easy to see what myself and my colleagues have got scheduled to help make sure that resources are managed effectively.

There is not much integration with other applications that we use which means at the moment it is a stand alone product that we use in our business. If there was more integration then we would be able to utilise the functionality more effectively.

Hi,

Thanks for your review! You can check out Floats direct integrations, including a Slack notification app, on our website here, https://www.float.com/integrations.

We welcome hearing any other integration requests you have. Please email [email protected].

Kenneth Krogh
Kenneth Krogh
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 18.2.2021

Float - Nice tool for team management

It is a very visual tool, I love the timeline graph where you can easily filter down the resources on both person and project tags.

It is rather simple and I would like some more options for tailoring the product to our specific needs, like setting monthly cost limits and including more visual options on each project.

Bewertet am 22.6.2022

Accessible task management via Float

In general, Float has assisted us in moving across from one system to another without disruption.

The presentation of all the features makes use of the software easy for technical and non-technical users alike. That reduces time spent in training users.

I guess the need to log in is a very mild pain point, but a necessary one.

Antwort von Float

Thank you for your review!

Beantwortet am 1.7.2022
Davy

Bewertet am 2.8.2019

Excellent tool for team scheduling and follow-ups

Our company went from 1 to 5 people in the past year. We also have interns or students that are only here for a while. We now have a tool that allows us to follow up projects and team schedules in a very clear way without creating big overhead costs. It works fast and efficient for us.

Easy to use. We can view the schedule of the entire team in one screen and make instant changes if necessary.

When creating tasks, the difference between creating projects and clients can be annoying. Also: provide more colours! ;-)

Teamleader

Warum Float gewählt wurde

Google Sheets was becoming to complicated to follow up billable hours, tasks and schedules. Float brought all of those together for our team.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Float

Google Sheets was not efficient anymore. Teamleader had too many features for our current needs and would have created more overhead costs.
Ben

Bewertet am 5.8.2020

Simple and powerful resource management tool to manage team workload

We really love Float and it’s been a game changer in effectively managing our resources across projects. We now have a clear view on our resource pipeline and it’s allowed project managers to better utilise team based on availability and make more informed hiring decisions.

Easy to setup and use without any training required. Clean interface that makes it easy to view and update resources assigned to projects. Love the ability to easily drag to extend duration of tasks assigned.

Would be great if there was a better integration with our timesheet tool (Xero) to populate timesheets automatically based on plan in Float.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your review! I've passed your Xero integration request to our team.

I also wanted to let you know that we do have a time tracking add-on in Float that pre-fills your team's timesheets based on the work schedule. You can find out how it works here, https://www.float.com/how-it-works/time-tracking.

All Float users can try time tracking free for 30 days. The Account Owner needs to activate this from the Team Settings in Float.

If you want a demo of how it works, or have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

Thanks again for the review!

Marco

Bewertet am 12.2.2020

Great software for planning but missing some features.

Overall I am very satisfied with Float, as it allowed me to save a lot of time in my planning activity and provided the company with a tool that everyone can use.

I really like the possibility of having a global view of the activities and the possibility of having a fast (very fast) synchronization with the Outlook calendar. Furthermore, it is really useful to assign different roles to people in order to define planning permissions.

I am not crazy about the graphic style of the calendar / schedule view. Hiding over the weekend it is difficult to see at a glance the separation between the various weeks. Also there is no translation of the portal in Italian, not a serious deficiency, but if there were it would be better :)

It also lacks the ability to view your schedule in a daily agenda format in order to have a more precise schedule of your commitments, as you can do through outlook.

Alex

Bewertet am 30.7.2020

Minimal and polished UI, but not lacking in features

As a developer it's easy to get sidetracked. That's why we have project managers and Float. Float helps me not only keep track of what I should be doing and when I should be doing it, but it also helps me keep track of what my colleagues are doing. Especially now, when working from home is the new normal, it's really easy to check if one of my colleagues is working and if they might have some time available for me. All that without having to add 20 filters and navigate a complex UI. Float has all the features in all the right places but still manages to keep a minimal looking UI.

There are only minor annoyances I have with Float (they're more like nitpicks anyways). A filter to hide projects that aren't being worked on in the current week/month would be nice. Also, there's a lot of freedom when assigning colours to a project. Maybe some predefined colour palettes would work better and stop our our schedule from looking like a lego brick wall ;)

Agata
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 22.8.2023

Float - good tool for capacity planning

Overall, it's a very convenient & reliable tool from a project manager's perspective. Some changes would be helpful, but in general it is a massive help in resource planning and I can't imagine working without it.

It is a great tool to be integrated with jira - it works well for our team, it's a seamless, smooth integration that helps us estimate time & choose the right resource for any jira tasks. It is also easy to follow by the users who are marking tasks "complete", adding comments, mark bookings as tentative. All very clear and transparent.

The integration with google calendar doesn't work that well. Some of the bookings are wrong / outdated / are not being updated / duplicated / not being displayed in a correct project or are missing. Luckily, the support team is open to help with this kind of issues. Also, the annoying feature is that the "View in jira" link doesn't work for duplicated bookings. It doesn't work well for our team as more people use the same tasks on jira in different time. It's impossible to search using the jira ticket number (you have to know the ticket name). Also, ticket numbers are not displayed in the “Task” field- that causes some confusion because we work with tasks with similar names.

Joseph
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 9.9.2019

Intuitive and helpful software, let down by occasional performance issues

Although I list here several cons, I think these are far outweighed by the practical benefits of using the product, and certainly don’t dampen the experience too much. My experience so far with Float has been one of trying to make it reflect reality, and encourage adoption within our organisation. I think the real advantage of using it will be one project managers are widely aware of its benefits, and proactively use it to resource projects and keep abreast of changes in the availability of our team.

Float is an incredibly intuitive piece of software to use, with a simple calendar-like interface that everyone can understand. I have found that this aspect of the software is helpful in promoting its adoption within our teams. The experience is consistent across the product, which has allowed me to discover more and more features in and enrich the experience of using the product.

The performance of the software is occasionally a bit lacklustre. For example, I often find myself accidentally clicking somewhere on the screen which prompts a dialogue box to open to enter a new task. This problem is especially pronounced when using a trackpad, and isn’t something that I experience elsewhere. Additionally, the interface seems to have a strange way of ‘splitting’ tasks that occur across multiple days. I have found that it often leaves blank gaps that give the illusion that a team member is working more hours per day than they actually are.

There are a few features that I would like to see when going forward. Firstly, I think it would be good if there were different options when ‘resizing’ a task. Currently, the task can be resized independently across both axes (i.e. how many hours per day, and across how many days). I think it would be good if there were an option for these to affect each other – i.e. the total number of hours allocated to the project remains the same and could be allocated fewer hours across more days, or more hours across fewer days.

Aidan
Aidan

Bewertet am 26.1.2019

Beautifully simple and easy to use

Float is a product I like using, and I wish some of its features and UX elements were in the other software that I use! We use Synergist for job and project management, but Float for scheduling because it UX is so much better than Synergist's scheduler tool.

Float's user interface and logic are inspirational. They have made the activity of coordinating multiple resources on multiple projects about as easy as it can be. They have paid a lot of attention to usability, efficient use of screen real estate and simple navigation. However the killer feature is the intuitive yet clever way that searching and data navigation work. All searching and filtering is done using a single search field, which offers indexed word search on pretty much everything including tags. There is also a well-worked out protocol for handling union and intersect searches.

The only real bugbear is that any user that can enter data into the system can define new values for any field. It isn't possible to centrally control lists such as task names, clients, job descriptions etc. This means that if you have more than one person using the system, very quickly you get different versions of the same thing being defined (e.g. job roles being slightly different) which makes it difficult to analyse across records. Not a dealbreaker, but I do think it should be possible to lock down lists of values. Also it would be good if you could zoom out the view a little more - if you're dealing with more than a dozen resources/projects.

Klara
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 22.8.2023

Makes capacity juggling so much easier

The tool has a simple overview, visually similar to already known calendars. This means that you don't need any time to familiarize yourself with it. Just click and add entries.If you work with many different customers, you can create them once and then easily add individual projects within these customer folders.I especially like the fact that I can tell my clients apart right at first glance using the Color Coding feature. But when I need more information, I can also click on the entries and have access to the job number, the available budget, and any other information that might be available.Thanks Float - you make my daily work so much easier :-)

What could be improved:Currently, when I enter vacation, my projects in the same time frame just disappear from the schedule. This is quite inconvenient and should be fixed. It would be more practical to at least be warned and transfer the projects individually to someone else from the team, or be able to specify vacation substitutions so that the projects are automatically transferred.Also, it would be great if you could duplicate blockers via copy & paste. The split tool is often a bit impractical to use.

Suhas

Bewertet am 22.8.2023

best project planning and resource management software

Float takes care of all of my project management and resource management needs. It is the one place i can go to to keep an eye on the projects that my team is working on, and to see what the next 6-8 weeks looks like for my team and assign work/projects accordingly.

I work in consulting and manage a team of 6 consultants. I find Float really useful to be able to manage scheduling for my team as well as forward plan based on upcoming work and team availability. I also work with a wider team and need to be across what other projects are happening and where my wider team might have upcoming availability that I might be able to use for my upcoming projects. I can use tags to be able to filter based on my preference, i find this feature extremely helpful.

I can't really think of any. It works as it should for my needs. It has an intuitive user interface and super easy to use.

Aaron
  • Branche: Animation

Bewertet am 24.8.2023

Empowering Efficiency: A Scheduling Product that Masterfully Handles Prioritization

What sets this project management software apart is its exceptional user interface. Navigating through tasks, timelines, and reports feels intuitive and user-friendly. The visual representation of project timelines and progress is a standout feature, making it easy to grasp project status at a glance. This visual clarity has significantly enhanced our project planning and decision-making processes. With this software, complexity is simplified, and managing even intricate projects becomes a breez

In my experience with Float, the aspect that has the most potential for growth is the mobile app. While functional, it could benefit from more robust features and smoother navigation. Real-time updates and more comprehensive task management capabilities on the mobile platform would greatly enhance the product's utility for users on the go. Despite this, Float's desktop version remains a reliable tool for managing schedules and projects effectively.

Renaud

Bewertet am 24.8.2023

Great scheduling tool

The scheduling tool and time tracking is top-notch.The reports are great and easy to follow.

Task management is a bit fiddly and either too or not enough restricted.Having multiple way to define certain information (pricing) is great but can sometimes lead to a lack of clear vision.

Bewertet am 30.8.2023

Good tool for team visibility and managing flex in projects

Essential daily driver for project management.

Float is a super quick way to make sure everyone knows who's working on what and when. Easy to quickly re-arrange scheduled to adapt to changes in projects.

Interface misses some simple things (e.g. why can't I right click to copy/duplicate a task?)being able to converse on a task and track billable/non billable time would probably mean we could ditch some of our other tools...

• Branche: Design

Bewertet am 30.8.2023

A must have for all manager

very positive

Float makes managing a team's workload easier. I would be lost without it.

I don't have any issues with Float. Perhaps I need to explore the functionality further as currently I only use it for scheduling.

Shivang
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Bewertet am 1.6.2023

Project timeline management made easy for our team

As always, coordinating between projects, especially in consulting, can be difficult. We started using Float last year to support our firm's efforts across multiple client projects. Generally speaking, it's been a pleasure using Float to better manage project timelines. In particular, my firm's managers appreciate Float's ability to make resource management easy to visualize and understand with a quick glance.

Overall, the visual resource planning with Float is superb. It's very easy for our teams to track progress across projects. Project managers have high transparency and visibility into 'resource' (aka analyst/associate) staffing, and this has made delivering projects on time much easier than before. Assigning resources between team members is also very easy.

There was a slight learning curve for some of our team members, but that's really the only drawback we experienced.

Jonathan

Bewertet am 21.8.2020

Long time user and never found anything better

It's a great app that helps us every single day to simply and effectively manage resource without the process becoming a chore.

Float is the most straightforward product in our software stack. Every new start knows how to use it within a few minutes of creating an account, and we are able to allocate our resource quickly without the software getting in the way of the work which I wish we could say about all of the products that we use.

Not really a criticism of float but I will be looking to find an agency management solution that has a float integration if possible and if not another method of sync as we would hate to leave float behind.

Antwort von Float

Thanks for your review Jonathan! You can check out our direct integrations here, https://www.float.com/integrations, and please feel welcome to send any requests to [email protected].

1.595 Bewertungen