Über The Magazine Manager

The Magazine Manager is a suite of sales, production & project management, marketing and billing applications that helps businesses manage proposals, subscriptions, advertising, pagination and more. It allows users to review and...

4,6

• Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 1.10.2021

Amazing platform!

We are a student run college newspaper and this platform has made ad sales, publication timelines and more so seamless! The prior platform wasn't web based and very outdated. This has brought us to a new level.

To be fair, we are still learning the platform but take advantage of the webinars as often as possible.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the awesome review, Amy! We appreciate you!

Beantwortet am 5.10.2021
Julie

Bewertet am 15.11.2022

Thank You. Finally we're not retrofitting a CRM to fit the world of publishing!

This software has promise to solve A LOT of bottlenecks in our workflow. We new it would be difficult to switch technologies but the 3 months free help from our Account Consultant has been fantastic!

By publishers, for publishers. Almost all of the components that anyone needs to run a publishing business.

We've had some hiccups with new product releases but our account consultant keeps us updated on the progress of the software engineers.

Zoho CRM

Warum The Magazine Manager gewählt wurde

Pipeline CRM raised our price after 10 years at an introductory rate. When we looked around at what other software was offering for a comparable price it was a no brainer to switch. Now we have estimates/proposals, invoicing, ad trafficking, plus the Marketing Manager (email marketing and subscription management) for basically the same price. Almost everything a publishers needs – all in one platform. Only thing missing is Editorial management!

Pipeline

Gründe für den Wechsel zu The Magazine Manager

Made specifically for publisher of media.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the great review, Julie. We appreciate you! Regarding your comment about Editorial Management, we are currently developing a new Editorial Product Type to allow our users to create, manage and track their editorial projects within the Production Module. You can expect to see this new feature released within the next two weeks.

Beantwortet am 17.11.2022
Linda

Bewertet am 9.8.2020

The Good, Bad & the Ugly

I find it much more difficult that my previous database to work with when it comes to cancelling converted proposals.

The positive using this software is it is easy to see Accounts payable send invoices if needed.

It is not user friendly.
I find this software very difficult and cumbersome to manipulate.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for your review, Linda. We appreciate your feedback about the user experience on our software. We will forward your comments to our development team to better The Magazine Manager.

Beantwortet am 29.9.2020

Die besten Alternativen zu The Magazine Manager

Cedric

Bewertet am 31.7.2022

Comprehensive Publishing Software Excellent Management Tool

I am delighted although there are a few upgrades I'd like to see.

As a publisher, Mag Mgr offers comprehensive oversight of the entire magazine manufacturing process, and management tools to keep track of crucial activities daily.

There are so many moving parts which also means so much to learn, we're only utilizing 1/3 of its potential.

Being a longtime user, there once was a way to keep up with my staff and know when they signed on and off daily.

Salesforce Sales Cloud und Ad Sales Genius

Warum The Magazine Manager gewählt wurde

Highrise was only an account CRM, we needed a more comprehensive tool

Highrise

Price, performance, familiarity

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thank you for the awesome review, Cedric. We appreciate you!

Beantwortet am 2.8.2022
Aili
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Bewertet am 10.10.2022

Why every publisher should use Magazine Manager

Our team has been able to increase efficiencies across the board with Magazine Manager. There is much more transparency into all areas of the business as well as the production workflow. This tool has tremendously helped our sales team, production team and accounting team. We look forward to switching our circulation team and art [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
over to this platform so we can have our entire company operate out of a single system.

Above all else, the customer service I receive from Magazine Manager employees in unparalleled. Not only is it a fantastic software with every capability we need and then some, but the team they have put in place at Magazine Manager is what I like most about working with them. Everyone is so incredibly knowledgeable and willing to jump in and help no matter what the request may be. I don't consider myself well versed in anything technology, but in working with Magazine Manager, I've been able to overcome those challenges and help my team create a workflow that has much more ease and transparency than ever before.

Because there are so many features and capabilities, I sometimes feel as though I am missing out on some of the benefits the software provides. I want to be more of an expert on the software rather than an expert in only a few areas. I do appreciate all the webinars put out by Magazine Manager and am certain that my knowledge will expand as time goes on.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thank you for the wonderful review, Aili. We appreciate you!

Beantwortet am 13.10.2022
Anne

Bewertet am 14.10.2022

Administrator review

The things I like best about MM are the intuitiveness of the functions and relative ease of getting the data out to use for reports. I am in accounting so I don't use much of the sales functions, but do have to adjust orders, run reports and set up new products. Unlike other software that I've used, this software just makes sense so when you don't know how to do something, you can figure it out with relative ease. Any requests we've had have been answered thoroughly. The tutorials in the library are really helpful and our contacts at MM have been very responsive to my questions.

There were several specific to how we do business that MM didn't have in the software in the early days of implementation, but we brought those up to our rep and we were kept aware that they were in the process of developing fixes or updating their software so that all our issues (from my side of things) were eventually addressed.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thank you for the great review, Anne. We appreciate you!

Beantwortet am 19.10.2022
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 11.10.2022

Vital to daily operation of my business

I was selling by the seat of my pants and winging my prospecting with sticky notes and procrastination. Once I started utilizing the CRM with the selling system advocated by [SENSITIVE CONTENT], I'm now organized and set to stay consistent in my prospecting communications and follow-up. Aside from prospecting and selling, MM has been the back bone of my billing and production process since my first month as a publisher, 12 years ago.

MM is the life blood of managing my leads, prospects and sales. It allows me to store all vital information in a meaningful way that is easy to categorize, track, record notes, sales progress and then retrieve and generate reports that allow me to publish and bill for my magazine each month.

Like any software, the learning curve must be dealt with. Tutorial videos, trainings and customer support, both chat and phone are available. Once a module is understood and learned, it is easy to navigate and operate.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thank you for the wonderful review, David. We appreciate you!

Beantwortet am 17.10.2022

Bewertet am 7.10.2022

Using Magazine Manager for about six months

I'm happy I made the switch to MM. It's much more powerful than many other programs out there, especially for the price. I found the software affordable even for a smaller business.

There are a ton of helpful features, clean professional invoices. The ability to send invoices to all customers at once. The customer service is spot on. I usually receive a reply shortly after sending a message. The staff has been super helpful even when we make a mistake. You can watch a number of training videos on most every aspect of the software.

Not sure if it's a dislike about the software, but there are many features that take a little time to learn. It's not the type of program where you can jump in and start using - you'll need training which they provide.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thank you for the awesome review, Mark. We appreciate you!

Beantwortet am 13.10.2022
Mary Jane
  • Branche: Medienproduktion

Bewertet am 27.10.2022

I can not do my job without Magazine Manager.

I love Magazine Manager. I used at another publishing group and recommended to my current employee which they are happy we have in place.

I used Magazine Manager with a previous employee. My success as a top revenue producer was thanks to Magazine Manager. It keep my organized so I could service my clients needs and allowed me to have the time to prospect for new business.

I do not have any con's. I have no con's I recommended Magazine Manger to my current employer and we are using it.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the wonderful review, Mary Jane! We appreciate you!

Beantwortet am 4.11.2022
Cesar
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 13.11.2022

Advertising Sales Executive

Best sales tool for advertising sales.

I am a huge fan of Newspaper Manager. It's an important sales tool that I use every day. A great software to manage all our advertising accounts, easy to pull up sales history reports, create proposals, and search for customer history/accounts. And their customer and support staff are great!

Honestly, I can't find anything that I don't like about this software. They're always updating and improving the software.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the amazing review, Cesar! We appreciate you!

Beantwortet am 15.11.2022
LeAnn

Bewertet am 22.7.2022

Stop Shopping - you have just found the best CRM for your Sales Team

its been a great experience. The training that your team provides with the support/help desk allows our company to do what we do best, SALES. I don't have to put a training module together for new hires, you've done that for me. And I know that if I need anything your a point/click away with help - love that~

The product is SUPER easy to use. Not every person thinks the same and in Magman there are several ways to do the same task, I like that. When I train new users on how to use the software, I can tell them how I like to do a search for a contact (for example) and give them other options as well. Its fun to see the 'ah-ha' looks on their faces when you've found a way to do a task that fits how their brain functions.

The only con I can think of right now is that Magman calendar doesn't sync with Microsoft Outlook. I understand that is a 'Microsoft' issue but ultimately to have our email calendars/Microsoft teams sync with the Magman calendar would be Phenomenal!

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thank you for the amazing review, LeAnn. We appreciate you! Regarding an integration with Microsoft Outlook Calendar, that item is currently on our agenda. We hope to have that released within the next month or so.

Beantwortet am 29.7.2022
Deborah

Bewertet am 1.7.2021

Best CRM tool out there!

My experience has been insightful, engaging, and successful. I sing your praises to other like businesses whenever I get the chance.

There are so many features and benefits to this tool I am not sure where to start. Well, let's start with the level of customer service your team provides, in terms of knowledge, timely feedback, and incredible listening skills to the point of making platform changes in real-time. The sales reps are typically knee-deep in their CRM and I appreciate the insight of fellow reps sharing input on how to evolve this tool to ensure their success. I have used at least 10 different CRMs over the course of my career and have used both MM and NM- This is by far the BEST CRM out there!

The templates are still wonky and not as flexible as I would like in terms of changing layouts and having standard information feed into each proposal, as opposed to having to fill them in each time. Too time-consuming.

Zoho Expense

Warum The Magazine Manager gewählt wurde

My boss hadn't heard of this platform. And I knew we were looking into other CRM software, so based on my past experience with MM and knowing [SENSITIVE CONTENT]( who BTW- is just fabulous) and how great the customer service was, I recommend this to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and how it could pull all the work we were doing in multiple platforms under one CRM. Simplify, ease of workflow, efficient processes, and literally an all-in-one. I am hoping more magazines will be open to jumping onboard with MM. They won't regret it.

Copper

Gründe für den Wechsel zu The Magazine Manager

MM offers everything you will need to manage our type of business (Magazines-Accounting, Advertising, Circulation, Marketing, and Production). Funny enough the only thing you don't provide is printing and distribution.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the awesome review, Deborah! We appreciate you!

Beantwortet am 2.7.2021
Gretchen
  • Branche: Zeitung
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 11.12.2020

Perfect for a small newspaper preparing to expand

We are picking up a paper whose subscription rate had fallen, but has the potential to increase both locally and, with current media projects, nationally. So we wanted to be ready when this occurred. The training and problem solving with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and others was great. If [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] needed an expert, she immediately sent a message to that person and they were able to jump into our training or fix any oddities.
Our advertising customers seem to be responding to our news system fairly well. We currently use another program to publish our interactive paper, but the idea of having the ability to create a similar product and have automatic tear sheets is encouraging as we expand. Right now the paper is run by two owners, so having this software will really help us keep workflow controlled. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our customer service advisor and trainer was beyond awesome. She was patient, familiar with the product, knew when to call in the experts for each section and made all the difference in affirming our decision to choose Newspaper Manager

We needed software that could track and invoice advertising in two different publications, yet with the same contact list. Once the agents helped us set up our letters and rate cards, it was great. When we became new owners, there were no contracts being used. Now we can create a proposal and with a touch of a button, it can become a contract and then an invoice when it is time to bill. The portal for paying with credit cards is great. It also helps us keep track of agency billing, legal ads, and the dreaded classified ad. We like that it sends transactions to Quickbooks when we are ready in order to help us keep everything moving smoothly.

We are also using the circulation feature. It is currently being upgraded. I hope the future upgrade allows us to automatically send renewal notices via email with a portal for customers to pay, however, with accurate emails, we can send a csv file of the subscription notices to Mail Chimp. We set up the Newspaper Manager software using Authorize.net, but when were setting up the circulation manager, it was discovered that Authorize.net doesn't work with adding a source code to our website for online subscriptions. That was frustrating as it took about six weeks to get Authorize.net on board. I hope that is fixed and incorporated.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the nice review, Gretchen!

In regards to the circulation feature, we confirmed with our developers that the new subscription module will be able to accept payments from all of our gateways. We're planning to beta test this feature next year.

You can also reach out to your software consultant for more information. They'll be happy to help!

Beantwortet am 18.12.2020
Lisa
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung

Bewertet am 1.10.2020

This software changed our lives at work!

Magazine Manager is specifically designed for those of us in the print and digital publishing industry and it is crucial to our sales success. It is extremely easy to learn and apply immediately. With this software, we are able to quickly and easily pull targeted email lists to generate sales, electronically invoice clients in literally minutes, take payments, and with a click of a button know what our clients' ad schedules are, what they have paid and what they owe. It is totally transparent - the reporting for a sales manager - and accounting - is outstanding. I receive as often as I wish emails listing calls by rep, meetings, sales booked, and more. The digital tearsheets are invaluable. Client portals allow customers to upload their own ads and pay electronically any time. It is so easy to create new reports. As a past Salesforce user, this is SO much easier to use and because it is made for ad sales, the company deeply understands the details of exactly what we need from this software. The support team and trainers are outstanding. There is abundant free training with your subscription and online videos available any time. And it is surprisingly affordable! Magazine Manager is a vital tool to managing our operation and achieving our advertising sales success. We switched two years ago. Many times a day, every day, as we work in the software to serve our clients and achieve our goals, we marvel at how easy it is to do what we need and how much we love this software.

There is coordination with accounting required to set this up, but the accounting team also loves the software. It is important to visualize your publishing organization and the hierarchy of products and business units in order to structure the software best for you, but once you determine that, it is easy to set it up the way you need.

MagHub

Warum The Magazine Manager gewählt wurde

We were not able to do many things in P2P - it seemed antiquated and clunky as far as client management. Accounting did not like the software. We needed something more robust and flexible.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu The Magazine Manager

The competitor did not seem as sophisticated and robust as Magazine Manager. The competitor did not seem to have the stability and history of working in the publishing industry with hundreds of publishers - we wanted the benefit of that depth and breadth of experience that Magazine Manager brought to the table.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thank you for the incredible review, Lisa! We greatly appreciate you.

Beantwortet am 14.10.2020
Barry

Bewertet am 7.11.2018

Great tool for those who are willing to learn to use it.

As a publishing company, it is assumed that you have 2 basic kinds of products: Print & Digital. We have a 3rd - Shows. We just put it under print, but its short sighted that there are only those 2 basic types of products. Also - We have Co-op dealer ads that we had to come up with our own solution to figure out how to do the insertions & how to bill. This is not a new thing. There should be a simple solution for it built in. Cest la vie. Also, the process of importing our old data was clunky & not explained clearly. It was eventually done right, but sometimes it felt like the data import team & the team that sold us MM weren't on the same page. And finally - it seemed backwards to me that Accounting was the last group to be trained & it was after the sales & production teams had gone live. Nothing should have gone live until everyone was trained. Just my personal observation.

I love that you can easily keep track of all the ways you contact a client & don't have to copy & paste emails into comments. I also love the simplification of the process of getting ads in & processed. I also love that I can access it anywhere.

Because of the way we track some things, we have had to create a lot of custom reports. The reports are a little clunky in the printing process, both our custom reports & the built in reports. Its absurd to me that there's not a button (that I've found) you can click that totals the report at the bottom. The "print with totals" button that is in the built in reports includes totals from EVERYTHING. Including all other publications, instead of just the report I'm interested in. What I've ended up doing is exporting it to excell & summing it up, then printing it myself. That being said, if folks in our organization could get away from their need for printed reports, or took the time to figure out how to run reports themselves, the reporting system is fine.
The other "con" of ths software is just that it is so expansive. If you take the time to learn to use it, its amazing. Some of the folks at our organization have embraced it & it is a wonderful tool for them. Others just don't want to do something different & will never be happy with change. The continual "well in the old system we could do this" gets really old after 6 months.

Amanda
  • Branche: Zeitung

Bewertet am 7.11.2018

Learn it and you'll love it

As a multi-product publishing company we've experienced a great deal of improvement and efficiency in our day-to-day operations thanks to The Magazine Manager. Although the up-front time and effort to learn and set up the software can feel overwhelming, it's ultimately worth it--which is why we've been such loyal customers for 5+ years. Once everything on the back end of the software is up and running, you'll be glad you chose The Magazine Manager. Gone are the days of handwritten paper tickets and missing customer information. Our sales staff, accounting staff, HR and production all utilize the software on a daily basis and it's become a staple of our company.

Convenient cloud-based program which allows access to all ad sales, contacts and production notes from any computer device with internet access. It's a central hub for sales, accounts receivable, production and even Human Resources, making it a very convenient tool in your publisher's toolbox. They also have an app for smartphones--though the app is somewhat limited in only allowing data to be viewed, not changed. They've stepped up their customer service in the last year and it's been great! They also have a fantastic database of instructional videos on how to use the software - topics are wide ranging and thorough.

The software requires a great deal of training and education to use in order to reap the full benefit. This is not a software for the easily distracted or completely tech illiterate. Nor should you expect to simply "hit the ground running" once you have an account. Plan for lots of training, which they'll do for you. In fact, they generally wont allow you to begin using the software without a minimum # of hours of training -- so be prepared. They do require quite a bit of behind the scenes setup from your admin(s) as well. For example, setting up rate cards, templates and publication schedules is something you or your admin(s) will need to learn how to do and it can be a little overwhelming at first. Lastly, the circulation side of Magazine Manager falls a bit short. It's there if you need it, but it's very clunky and quite limited in scope, at least for now. Perhaps that will be changing in the future.

Dean
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 1.10.2020

Magazine Manager is a must!

During the pandemic, Magazine Manager offered six months at no charge to kick the tires on some of the new updates and modules. The tech staff are awesome to work with and have been a huge help to get the most from the Magazine Manager software. I wish this would become permanent part of the money service.

The Magazine Manager is tailored to our industry and they are always looking for ways to get more from the data so I can make informed decisions on the progress of our publications. With the CRM, billing, and production modules everyone uses the same software making it much easier for everyone to do their job.

With any software updates, the changes sometimes get confusing, and takes time to change the way you do things. Since they love making their products more valuable, the updates sometimes can be overwhelming at first.

Salesforce Sales Cloud und HubSpot CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu The Magazine Manager

The software applies to our industry. They know our business.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the incredible review, Dean! We appreciate you. Please let your software consultant know if we can provide more assistance with our updates. We're always happy to help!

Beantwortet am 14.10.2020
Sheila

Bewertet am 10.9.2020

Magazine Manager is the Industry's Gold Standard

There's no better software out there for the money. We all love Magazine Manager.

For our industry, Magazine Manager understands our needs and its functionality encompasses every circumstance. It's one piece of software that is as robust as we need it to be, yet user friendly enough that onboarding new employees takes a brief introduction. It is intuitive for the user. We can format all the products we sell whether they be various magazine titles/issues; event sponsorships, or special sections, they're easily set up and implemented through our sales team. Reporting for management is a click or two away to keep up with Year over Year pacing. Magazine Manager listens to the clients when there's a need to enhance their product and they update on a regular basis. Our accountant uses QuickBooks integration to handle billing through the software. That makes collections and A/R reports easy for the sales team to monitor as they are paid on collections. It's everything we need to be successful.

I believe there is a component that we do not have currently that helps with marketing to your client base to make that easier for the sales team (as in mass emails, etc.). We use work-arounds, but it could be easier.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the great review, Sheila! Mirabel's Marketing Manager is a full-suite marketing automation software and CRM. Using Mirabel's Marketing Manager, you can perform email marketing, workflows, and much more. Let us know if you're interested in learning more!

Beantwortet am 29.9.2020
Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 27.2.2021

Versatile and Well Rounded Software

Magazine Manager is a solid well rounded product that does absolutely everything we need to publish all our products. The reporting as well as the accounting is simple and easy. Customer service is top notch. It was easy to deploy and the team at Magazine Manager is incredibly knowledgeable. Magazine Manager easily integrates to further facilitate its value. It is also easy to customize for any needs.

We found no cons only plusses from initial sale through implementation to user experience.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate you.

Beantwortet am 2.3.2021
Barbara

Bewertet am 10.12.2020

Reliabilty

I used the word reliable because that is what Magazine Manager is! I don't even think about the software I am using, it is part of my workday...I don't give it a second thought. I know what it is to work with a company that has systems problems and that is a nightmare. All around good experience

The software is very reliable. Keeps me organized. The format is easy to read. If there is ever a problem, they are very attentive to our needs. They are continuously updating their software to stay on top of the needs of their clients. They send you notices that the update has occurred and a tutorial on how it works. They invest in their clients by offering tutorials to their users and offer seminars from an outside consultant to help improve sales goals. Overall, it is a very good system. We have work with other companies and I think this one works.

I wish there was a reminder that I put together a Proposal and didn't click it over to a Contract. I forget sometimes and would like to be notified in some way or I am not familiar with how to identify that I haven't switched it over.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the nice review, Barbara!

In regards to proposals and contracts, you can use the My Proposals list on your dashboard to access proposals that haven't been converted to a contract yet.

Select your name in the dropdown as the rep and choose "no" in the "proposals converted to contracts" field or search by date range.

Feel free to reach out to your software consultant for help on this as well! They'd be happy to help.

Beantwortet am 16.12.2020
Kevin
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung

Bewertet am 18.5.2021

Marketing Software That Works

Overall it has been a good experience. Changes to the invoicing and payment system have been helpful. Really looking forward to the Google integration.

With anything, there is a learning curve and it is the same with Magazine Manager. Once you have the features all figured out then things start to progress quickly. With the Client contact lists grading them is helpful so that you are getting to the Hottest clients first then working your way through the list. The mobile version is critical when out on the road.

My frustration comes when there is an agency involved with the account. The company contact comes up but then you have to remember that the agency is the one to contact and have to transfer out. Then when you capture an email to the agency to have put in the no0tes, it goes to all of the accounts that the agency is linked to and can create confusion. ie: Alex approved the Jan Issue Full Page for $6200. And the email ends up in several different accounts to Trinity Trailer, Nachurs Chemical company, and DoFine Irrigation.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thank you for the kind review, Kevin! We will forward your feedback to the development team. We appreciate you!

Beantwortet am 19.5.2021
Mary

Bewertet am 9.11.2018

No Solution on the Market Better than MagMan

***BE WARY*** MagHub and other competitors say they do things like or better than MagMan. But THEY DO NOT. Lots of promises made with NOTHING delivered. MagMan is the REAL DEAL. Save yourself time and money and get this software. You'll never regret it!

We've been with MagMan for over 8 years and this product just get better and better and better every time I log in. It's absolutely UNDER-priced for the value of features and efficiencies!

I love the comprehensive solution that this software offers my operational needs in all my core departments, Sales, Accounting and Production. With all the integrations, my teams do their parts of their jobs in the software and MagMan. This creates transparency which improves my efficiencies all around. This software provides tools that allow me to do what I'd be doing anyway, ANOTHER way, more expensively.

Their latest feature released, the ability to email digital tear sheets, just SAVED ME over $9,000 a year by not having to buy stamps, envelopes, paper, toner for my printer and pay a staff member to sit there stuffing envelopes with invoices and tear sheets.

Thank you MIRABEL!!! :-)

In the spirit of full transparency, I must say that I'm surprised they haven't built in the ability to automatically apply later fees to open invoices. I still have to apply late fees account by account. But I understand this is a top priority for development in 2019! Yes, I am excited!

Keith Yarber

Bewertet am 19.11.2020

Magazine Manager is the "HUB" for TOPS Magazine

Overall, has been very positive. I find my rep and others at Magazine Manager to be very responsive and helpful. The Magazine Manager keeps updating its software to make it more user-friendly. TOPS is very satisfied with the Magazine Manager, and I credit them for helping our company grow. We look very professional to our clients.

The Magazine Manager is truly the centralized go-to source for our company. Our salespeople depend on it several times a day to check contacts, orders, e-signatures, accounts receivables, leads, production reports, and reminders. The features are pretty robust but not overwhelming like some software. Like any software, adoption is the key. If you need a report, chances are you can find it. I wish we had started using Magazine Manager years before we did. Support and service have been top-notch.

Would like to see a better way to make proposals and presentations roll up into monthly budgets for print and digital. Also, would like to see goal tracking on a 12 month basis.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Hi, Keith! Thanks for the great review! For goal tracking, please ask your software consultant about turning on the Kibana Dashboards. This feature offers many ways to track goals.

In regards to the proposals, when you contact your software consultant, ask about ways to group proposals. They'll help you find the solution that fits best to your needs.

Beantwortet am 23.11.2020
Bruce W.

Bewertet am 2.3.2021

Magazine Manager -- The Gold Standard In Magazine Publishing Management Software

I've been involved in magazine ad sales for over 25 years. We've used several different software systems during that time, but none of them handled all the functions required by our business. MM is clearly the best magazine publishing software we've used and the first to fully integrate all the necessary components into one seamless package.

There's a relatively short learning curve, but just having all the relevant info on a client or prospect at your fingertips is what I like the most, followed by the search and filtering capabilities that make it easy to drill down into the data and analyze it in so many different ways.

A minor quibble -- sometimes we are unable to delete an advertiser or agency record.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the great review, Bruce! We'll forward your feedback to the development team. We appreciate it!

Beantwortet am 4.3.2021
Jane

Bewertet am 30.9.2020

Magazine Manager makes my life easier

Magazine Manager has made my life so much easier for A/R.

The integration with Quickbooks. I handle all of the Invoicing and A/R. I love that invoices are created from Contracts. I used to have to enter every invoice in Quickbooks for our customers. I also love how it keeps all of the client information in one place. We used to use Excel spreadsheets that were constantly being updated and printed to many pages for review. It was not accurate.

The subscriptions. We just had someone enter three subscriptions through our website linked to Magazine Manager and I couldn't delete the two duplicates.
It's also a little time consuming to have to void an invoice and change the contract for any pricing. I do understand the logic because it's a layering system.

MagHub

Gründe für den Wechsel zu The Magazine Manager

Pricing and contract terms. Better sales support.

Antwort von Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the nice review, Jane! We'll send your feedback to our development team.

Beantwortet am 9.10.2020