Über Toast POS

Toast POS is a flexible system built exclusively for restaurants and the food service industry. Offering tools like online ordering, delivery, takeout, mobile app ordering, contactless payments, and e-gift card purchasing, this...

3,8

Patrick
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Bewertet am 8.11.2022

Excellent Service, with one caveat

The system itself is excellent, though their customer service leaves something to be desired.

Easy to use, easy to set up different stations (bar, kitchen, prep), very little goes wrong day to day

I've stopped contacting customer service because, most often, I know more about the system than they do. Multiple times I've called or chatted, asking for some feature to be implemented to be told that it can't be done; only to find, after some detective work by me, that it can, in fact, be done.

Square Payments

Cost, ease of use, integration of online ordering

Cost, ease of use, integration of online ordering
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.8.2020

I'd give it a 10 but then it would be perfect!

Overall, I really enjoy the system. It's simple to program and they have a great support system. It's worth the investment to pay for extended support until you or a manager has the ins and outs of the backend in hand. The reporting is awesome and when used the right way, you have your answers to questions you didn't even know you needed to ask.

I have been using restaurant POS for over 20 years and Toast has shown itself to be one of the best on the market. It is so user-friendly and easy to work in, including the handhelds, that it's amazing. In training new teams they offer a great program and support team. The layout is ideal for high-volume. Reporting is excellent. I refer Toast to most of our clients.

As with any new system you install, there will be issues and "clunks." Toast is no exception. The worst was the display screen and the use of it on the line. If you do not set aside enough time to train, prior to opening or first use, it will be challenging to understand, especially if you are not used to systems other than tickets and calling out. It just takes time getting used to and working out the kinks upon install.

CAKE POS, Clover und NCR Aloha

Warum Toast POS gewählt wurde

We needed to have a better system than the old one we were using, as in most places. Toast offered the package at a wonderful price and the system supports the costs.

NCR Aloha

Price, support, system use

Antwort von Toast

Hi there, Mora from Toast here. It's great to hear that your positive experiences with Customer Care have enabled you to efficiently train up new team members. Thank you for providing this feedback!

Beantwortet am 27.8.2020
Valentina
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.10.2019

Beware of their promises

After 6 months, I am not impressed. I am spending so much more money than I was before, and put in so much effort and time into setting everything up, but nothing is ever on point with Toast.

Nice features and ways to set up the menu for ease of use by employees. User-friendly up to a certain extent.

Most of the features promised by the sales rep were all available at an extra cost, after paying a lot of money already for the system and the hardware, you have to pay extra for EVERYTHING. Their customer support is very unreliable, sometimes you have someone great who knows exactly what you are talking about, sometimes it seems like the person has never even used the POS before... They put you on hold for 10+ minutes at a time too.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Valentina, Jasmine from Toast here. We greatly appreciate your feedback as we strive to provide best-in-class customer support and offer solutions for all of our customers. We encourage you to reach out to your Restaurant Success Manager so we can help your business thrive on Toast.

Die besten Alternativen zu Toast POS

Jayelynn

Bewertet am 5.9.2019

Incredibly Efficient!

Overall, I'm thrilled we switched to Toast. It's simple to use, has made us more efficient, and wasn't as expensive as similar systems.

Compared to POS systems I've used in the past, Toast is a lifesaver! It has tremendously improved efficiency and flow of our Taproom. We now have the ability to swipe a card and store credit card information; which is a huge benefit for those of us in co-op spaces. Although they look bulky, their handhelds fit into your back pocket and allow us to close tabs out table side. They are shock and water resistant, plus you can log into more than one device at the same time so if you're working alone, you can close out multiple parties at once. As a GM, I'm grateful that Toast is not only cloud-based, but allows me to access the back end from my laptop or smart phone so I don't have to be onsite to make system changes. Updates are incredibly quick so there's not a ton of down time. There is also Toast Central, where you can troubleshoot issues yourself rather rather than immediately calling Support. They are helpful instructions with screenshots and videos.

Customer Support is hit or miss. I always get an answer, it's just a matter of when I get it. After hours and on weekends, I feel like their staffing is very limited which leads to delays in getting immediate help. Thankfully it's only happened once where I needed a quick answer and wasn't able to get it.

Aloha EPOS

Warum Toast POS gewählt wurde

The main reason was functionality. TouchBistro required us to use card readers attached to iPads, but finding iPad protectors that would allow enough room for the card readers was extremely difficult. I also had to be onsite to make any changes to the back end which was extremely inconvenient.

TouchBistro

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Toast POS

While it has a lot of features, we couldn't justify the cost versus the features we would actually be using. Since we don't have a kitchen in our Taproom, we didn't need the inventory and recipe features that make Aloha a standard in our industry.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Jayelynn, Jasmine from Toast here. Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear how multiple features of Toast have improved your operations, and that you are taking full advantage of Toast Central as a resource!

Wendy

Bewertet am 6.12.2022

Essential

The best pos out there for all restaurants.

Toast offers all the tools we need as a business. We initially adopted to get away from our legacy system that did not offer affordable POS option with cloud-based services at the time. Toast makes it easy for me to manage all three of my locations.

There are a few glitches in the system that could be fixed faster. They generally do update and fix quickly but some things take away as they gather user feedback. Also, it would be nice to enterprise our menu management for multi-locations.

Square Point of Sale und Revel Systems

Warum Toast POS gewählt wurde

Micros sucked. It went down a lot and we had to constantly deal with a mess of cables and connections to fix and you always had to go to the physical location to do anything for the menu or labor or reports. It was an ancient system compared to these days.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Toast POS

Toast was restaurant specific and a good mix of user friendly and robust reporting and integrations.
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Bewertet am 16.5.2019

Toast--Support when you need it.

We are still early in the implementation of using Toast, but thus far I have been very impressed with their customer service and professional manner in which they have trained and supported our company.

I love that Toast supports their product. You can call and get someone on the line that will help you answer your questions. They also provide the hardware necessary to run their software. They are constantly updating their software to meet the needs of their users and are staying current with the technology. One option that is particularly useful to us is printing individual labels for each shake. In other words, we could have a bus of individuals come to our restaurant, and we need to print individual labels on each shake to identify what is in the shake so that it gets to the right person. In the past, we had to individually write on each cup.

The most difficult part to swallow is the fact that you have a monthly payment for the software--even if you are a seasonal business and only open for less than half the year. Toast will make some concessions for that, but it still seems costly since our other solution we used was free and pretty much did everything we needed short of printing individual labels for the shakes.

Square for Retail

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Toast POS

We chose Toast over Square because of: 1. Dedicated support 2. Individual labels for each shake 3. Text notifications to customer when their food is done 4. More reliable KDS (Kitchen Display Systems) 5. Much larger and more functional KDS screens
Michelle

Bewertet am 30.3.2017

Why I chose Toast

With now being in business a full year now, I have and I still am learning pro and cons of doing business. I have worked in restaurants but I have never been on the manager/owner side and it's not as easy as you think it is. When running your own business for the most part you are on your own! I sat down with a computer tech to figure out the best POS system for my business. There are SO many out there and being unfamiliar with them a lot of research was done! I attended the Gordon Food Show a month before we opened and I got to see first hand how Toast worked. I was very impressed with the system and how easy it looked to operate (remember I've never been on this side of the business) and we had decided to work 100% with Gordon Food Service because of their support and looking at our best interest for starting our business. Now a year later, I could't imagine being with another POS system so no regrets here on choosing Toast for our POS!

Customer Support! - I rate them 100 on this!! Any questions I have big or small, they are just a phone call away! If my call isn't answered right away or I get busy, they have the feature to leave your number and they will call you back ASAP.
Customer Service - Being a tech and answering some of the crazy questions (I'm one who probably has the most) they are always patient, friendly and very professional when answering questions.

Credit Card Processing Fees - With other Processing companies out there some are cheaper but overall with Toast, they win. It's the hidden fees you have to watch. Toast fees appear to be higher but what you see is what you get where with the other guys you have to read the fine print.

Theo

Bewertet am 26.3.2018

Toast is really a great system easy & saves time. Problems false promises from sales rep & cc...

That is super user friendly. Fast and overall a great system. Seriously aside from what I write in the CON section. Toast REALLY is the best software POS system I have worked with. Hands down.

The credit card processing fees they initially promise you they can match your current rates which they DO NOT its a LIE. Then customer service never gets back to you or passes you on to someone else then someone else and someone else. Never follow through with their promises and never can get ahold of your sales rep and he doesn't reply or follow through when you finally do get him on phone. Beware they will not match your credit card rate like they promise you. They will overcharge you if you don't watch exactly what they are taking out of you bank account. You will get charged for modules they say they will " give you for x amount of months free" and then continue getting charged and have to wait months and months and make a million phone calls to try and get your money back for 'free trials they charged you for and your money back for when you told them you didn't want them at all after "free trail" and they continue charging you. Biggest advice is get your credit card rates in clear upfront writing and sit down and figure it out. Make sure they are not screwing you. Because its not only happened to us but several other businesses.

Antwort von Toast Tab

Hi Theo - It's great to hear that Toast has saved you time and made the business more efficient. We strive to make merchant processing as transparent and straightforward as possible. It's great advice to discuss rates upfront and get the clear rate breakdown. Please work with our Support team to address your concerns. We want to find a solution that works for you.

Beantwortet am 2.4.2018
Rachel

Bewertet am 10.2.2020

Great POS for restaurants

After over a year the restaurant is still super happy with the switch

I was hired to help customize, train, and implement this new software at a friends restaurant. I have worked with a few different POS systems and this was by far the most user friendly. Easy to customize their menus and check preferences. Easy to update if we figured out how we originally entered in an item needed to be changed. Cloud based so when not on sight I was able to fix remotely when not at the restaurant. Also the handheld option is great for taking orders and splitting checks on the fly. Also were able to implement gift cards with the new system.

No real cons. The only downside was the initial few days after switching for the staff to get used to it.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Rachel, Mora from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear that you've found Toast simple to teach and easy to update. Thanks for the review!

Beantwortet am 11.3.2020
Anang

Bewertet am 20.9.2019

Glad we selected this solution

Very pleased with our decision to replace our old solution with Toast.

Very feature rich with a robust online delivery platform that seamlessly integrates with the POS solution. Synchronization is almost immediate and we have seen a huge increase in online ordering already. The self service kiosk was easy to setup and has a great look and feel

Overwhelming and we have barely begun to turn on all the other features - customer loyalty, customer feedback, delivery and so on.

Revel Systems, NCR Aloha und Lightspeed Retail

Warum Toast POS gewählt wurde

Looking for increased capabilities such as kds and better customer support

Clover

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Toast POS

Lower TCO and features we were looking for. Also has a bigger footprint in our city

Antwort von Toast

Hi Anang, Jasmine from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear you have been driving online orders with Toast Digital Ordering as well as enjoying Toast Kiosk. We hope you will soon be able to take advantage of everything Toast has to offer! Please refer to Toast Central at https://central.toasttab.com/s/ for best practices and educational material while you get rolling.

mattt

Bewertet am 13.1.2022

The functionality is perfect, the credit cards fees and the customer service are terrible

great when your buying, lots of turnover in account management, and customer service is non existent when you have a real issue... you just have to deal with it until they decide to call you during your rush, so you can't take the call and then you start all over again.. LOL

functionality. We have used for 10 years about, since they started I guess we are early adopters. It has truly developed into a great pos, with lots of flexibility. The online ordering portal is second to none. Though they should have some features, like car color and make type options.

Credit card fees for card not on hand is exorbitant and you can't use other cc companies with this software/tablet. The customer service might be the worst I have ever experienced. "we will escalate this to tier 2" blah, blah, blah.. hilarious. We have a mountain of open cases. Our first pos was with a local guy who built his own software. It was incredible how flexible the software was. It even downloaded directly into our quickbooks without any third party having to do translation. Amazing!! ultimately he retired and never took the software to the next level. Too bad.

Bewertet am 2.2.2022

Lacking in customer service

User friendly and efficient. That pretty much sums it up but they said my response was too short.

Many additional charges after purchase
Reports cannot be easily pulled for long date ranges
LACKING IN CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Clover

NCR Aloha und POSitouch

Price point and referral
Denise
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 6.10.2021

Great Resource for Restaurant Management

Overall happy with the product and will likely continue to be as they are forever growing, expanding, and adding in relevant new services frequently.

Toast has been a serious upgrade to our establishment. It is very user friendly and operates off a more "in the times" type of software than some other very outdated POS systems. All of their staff is friendly. The third party integrations are endless and offer something for all kinds of businesses. Online ordering and the ability to have an unofficial doordash partnership is very helpful and easy to use.

Support is not always the most efficient or informative. We often find where they simply cannot help us during odd inquiries or glitches, or we get multiple answers from different people. We also would like to see toast work on a table management and waitlist system that is actually functional for the restaurant. Currently, they offer third party table management integrations, but we have done trials with a few and none have quite what we are looking for.

• Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.1.2022

No support

Overall the customer service is the problem. We were a new business so we asked them to help us set it up. Obviously all of our questions did not arise during that initial setup and they never properly set it up for our menu/service. Support was a joke in helping us thereafter. We have not even used all the modules out of frustration. We have had to make adjustments we go , but it is still not optimized after 3 years. We wanted this to work for us because it is such an easy to use and adjust platform, but, we are considering a new company after 3 years. If you are a new business and not sure how to set this up, find another company. The support team is clearly not skilled. There will be issues. They will advise you to watch countless videos. That is not support.

Relatively easy to use if set up properly. Easy to adjust menu on the fly. Offline CC processing. Payroll is responsive.

They do not give you the time of day unless they are trying to sell you something. Waste of money paying them to set it up. We can't even get good support using a free trial of their new service modules . They will just tell you how much this will increase your sales.

Chelsea
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Bewertet am 14.12.2019

One of the most user friendly POS systems!

After about a year of use, Toast has proven to be one of the most trustworthy and reliable POS systems. With it's integration with Hot Schedules, it has made scheduling and payroll tracking a breeze. Highly recommended to restaurants looking for a change in POS software!

- User friendly
- Intuitive
- Fantastic customer support
- Self updating
- Good price
- Integrated with most scheduling platforms

There's not much I dislike about Toast. With that said, it can be a bit glitchy at times. It's also a relatively new company, so some of the functions haven't quite been worked out perfectly yet.

Aloha EPOS und Revel Systems

Revel Systems

Antwort von Toast

Hi Chelsea, Mora from Toast here. We're so glad to hear Toast's Integrations are helping enable your restaurant to thrive! We pride ourselves in building an intuitive, easy-to-use platform. Thank you for your feedback, we always appreciate the opportunity to improve our product.

Beantwortet am 14.1.2020
Ann
  • Branche: Wein und Spirituosen

Bewertet am 29.7.2019

Toast POS has everything you could want in a POS system!

Toast is easy to use which makes training new employees a breeze. We rarely experience issues with Toast, but if we do, customer service is very attentive and solves the problem quickly. I don't have any bad things to say about the POS system or the Toast team!

The inventory feature on Toast has revolutionized the way we track our products. Being able to enter recipes, add invoices, track waste, etc. - and do it all in one place - is awesome. And the fact that it is all so easy and user friendly is just a bonus!

We receive a sales report from Toast each morning, which is great. It would be nice if in this email there were a few specific reports that were pushed to you, as opposed to having to click "full report" and pick and choose what you'd like to view on the website. For example: weekly sales summary, hourly sales, payroll detail, etc.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Ann, Jasmine from Toast here. I'm thrilled to hear about how Toast Inventory has made an impact on your operations! We appreciate your feedback on the daily sales report, thanks for the review.

Beantwortet am 15.8.2019
Sky

Bewertet am 19.11.2020

Toast POS

Very good Despite the few technical difficulties that occur at times .

This POS system is much more advanced compared to others I have used prior. There are many options for inputting whichever items and functions are needed within your business. The overall appearance of this software is much nicer. I also enjoy how user access changes with position ranking, and verification can be implemented for certain features which helps to deter possible theft or misuse. The sales reports are also extremely thorough
. Overall, this is a great pos system for all occupancy levels.

There have a been a few issues with the connection dropping/printer not receiving orders despite our internet working fine. This has caused quite a few times of commotion due to our high volume occupancy levels which left our kitchen backed up for at least 30 minutes to an hour depending on how fast customer service could resolve the issue. Of course since it is an app it will be prone to crashes, but it is extremely inconvenient when it happens during a rush.

Jill

Bewertet am 5.1.2020

Daily Toast POS User

I find it to be a simple platform that is very user friendly.

I enjoy how many items can be displayed throughout the system within endless categories. It is very simple to edit the spelling of a product, the price or the quantity you have remaining. Adding more products is just as easy and for the food and bar industry we all know how many modifications guests request (and you can never have that many buttons), so the "special request" option, which allows you to type and charge whatever you would like below a certain item ordered is a lifesaver.

It is frustrating that Toast categorizes every product alphabetically. Additionally, our company has had better credit processing company offers but we are locked into Toast's credit processing and higher fees.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Jill, Mora from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear Toast's menu options have made entering orders a more simple and efficient process for your team. I would like to suggest the "Item Order" section of the article "Menu Items", available on Toast Central (central.toasttab.com) for guided instruction on customizing the order of your menu items.

Beantwortet am 12.3.2020

Bewertet am 5.12.2022

New Restaurant - so glad we made the switch before opening

Great product, I tried to implement another POS system for months prior to opening. It was so cumbersome, I switched to Toast last minute and have been extremely happy with the system.

It was seamless it integrate our products onto the software prior to opening. The kitchen display screen is a lifesaver. Customer service for the POS and Payroll has been outstanding. Getting help when we needed has been amazing.

User permission levels are clunky to implement, as well modifiers for food items. Also, the integration of the POS to the Payroll. I have to manually delete hours every payroll for all employees on salary. They still needed to clock in to use the POS, so it records their hours, thus causing me to have to delete it while doing payroll. Seems like an easy glitch to fix, but nothing available yet.

Lindsay
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 6.12.2018

Not the best, not the worst

Overall my experience is indifferent. While I am occasionally irritated with this system other days it functions fine but overall it is still mediocre. I would recommend it to someone with a strong encouragement of researching the program to see if it is the best system for your business.

Toast POS system has a VERY short list of pros from my time using it in my restaurant. One of the only pros is the easy-to-read menu set up. While There are not many features or anything about the system that I found unique or helpful, there are not to many bad elements that stand out either. It is a simple and mediocre system.

The biggest con of this program to me is the ridiculous amount of time it takes the systems to download and log on, not just first thing in the morning but periodically throughout the day. There are also issues with set times and online orders being updated because all systems must sync variously throughout the day as well. The system is not user friendly or easy to use right away and takes more time getting use to than past systems I have used.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Lindsay- thank you for your feedback. We may be able to help troubleshoot the loading issue you are having. Please work with Toast Support by calling (617) 682-0225, or log on to Toast Central to chat with them live.

Beantwortet am 29.1.2019
Charles

Bewertet am 2.8.2020

An Affordable Alternative to Aloha and Micros

A perfect system for a small restaurant with a lot of very handy features. They are extremely flexible with pricing options.

TOAST is a solid point of sale system available for a very reasonable price. Adding, editing and removing menu items can be done quickly and remotely. Printer routing and other back of house set up is a breeze. Customer service staff is well trained and very reliable.

Not really designed for large scale/ high volume operations. KDS screens have some issues.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Maitre'D, Square Point of Sale, Upserve, Lavu POS, TouchBistro und Revel Systems

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Toast POS

Was able to negotiate a great price and has some really fantastic features.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 14.1.2019

One of the most intuitive POS systems I have encountered

When I began using Toast there was fear of a learning curve however I immediately adapted to it as it seemingly was designed by the professionals in the industry who use it. Everything is where it needs to be and it is incredibly easy to train new employees on the system even without previous experience working with a POS system.

Very intuitive user interface
Incredibly easy to pick up and go with previous POS system knowledge
Very responsive clicks
Great organization tools for menu options
Split check function is much easier to use than other systems
Credit card transaction time is very fast

Training entire staff over to a new POS
Other than the cost of training and time for adaptation there is no reason this POS should not be ranked alongside the industry standards like Aloha and Micros

Antwort von Toast

Hi there, Jasmine from Toast here. It¿s great to hear that Toast is helping your restaurant become more efficient and that it is easy to use and integrate into your restaurant. We are glad some of our features, like the split check function and quick credit card transaction, are helping your operations. We're excited to continue to help you to thrive!

Beantwortet am 29.1.2019
heather

Bewertet am 28.3.2019

Toast is a modern and still growing POS and restaurant management product

Toast has helped us organize and stay nimble through aggressive company growth. Looking forward to the next period with Toast where we adopt their HR, payroll, and scheduling features.

Toast allows users to log on to its website to edit menu items, run reports, track punch-in's. In the past, POS systems were loaded into desktops in the back office. It's so refreshing to update, edit, and from anywhere because it's based off a website.

The devices that Toast has selected for installation in the restaurants are modern, slim, and highly functional.

Toast can slow down, which isn't good news when the restaurant is busy.

The sales tracking is still not as robust as I would hope from a product that does so much else so well. For instance, it can be hard to get results on the sales of a menu item for an entire year.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Heather, Jasmine from Toast here. I'm thrilled to hear you are seeing the benefits of a cloud-based software and enjoy our hardware. We also look forward to continuing to work with you and helping your restaurant thrive!

Beantwortet am 23.4.2019

Bewertet am 18.9.2020

Toast POS

It has been mostly positive, except for the issues I mentioned above.

Pretty simple to use. Reliable, little or no downtime. Terminals worked well and held up in the environment.

Support has really gone downhill. Too long to get resolution to some tickets and some never get resolved. Mobile app is an issue since employees can change their clock in times and Toast does not track if it came from the mobile app. No direct integration with 3rd party delivery companies.

Revel Systems

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Toast POS

Not my decision in the end.
Dave

Bewertet am 3.12.2019

Toast is the only option for POS

My overall experience has been nothing short of amazing. I wish I switched to Toast long before I did.

Toast offers the simplest POS interface I've ever used, if you can work an iPhone or iPad, you'll be flying through this system with no issues.

I really don't have anything to say negatively about Toast, at first I was worried about the learning curve, but that was practically non existent.

335 Bewertungen