Homebase Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Homebase

Homebase ist eine cloudbasierte Zeiterfassungs- und Planungslösung, die Personalabteilungen bei der Organisation und Verwaltung von Mitarbeitereinsatzplänen, Arbeitszeittabellen und Gehaltsabrechnungen unterstützt. Die Lösung...

Nutzerbewertungen zu Homebase durchsuchen

1.005 von 1.005 Bewertungen
Cheryl
Cheryl
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 17.8.2022

Game Changer

Finally getting up to speed with technology. We had so many issues with our previous time clock provider, I'm so glad we found Homebase!

Being able to use the software anywhere and have the ability to change the schedule, communicate with staff, find coverage and my staff to always be up to date with what's going on.

Sometimes staff tell me they don't get notifications of schedule change when I post it.

Andrea
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 1.2.2024

Great Payroll Software

Homebase is very user-freindly and allows you to make corrections or changes easily. The cost is reasonable compared to other payroll software and Homebase pays and files your payroll forms and taxes so it saves you time! It's cloud based so you can be anywhere and do payroll or check employees hours, scheduling, etc. Homebase staff was very helpful when I was setting up.

I have been using Homebase for one month and there are no cons as of yet.

Paychex Flex

Warum Homebase gewählt wurde

QuickBooks is not compatible with Mac computers

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

Homebase was less expensive and I wanted to be hands on with payroll still and Paychex does everything.
Bryan
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

Good options but struggles at times

We have used Homebase for our needs for the last 7 years. There are many features that are nice that we use. The timeclock is the main feature that we use as it allows our team members to clock in and out right from their phones. It also give them how many hours they have worked and how much pay they have made.

The message and schedule feature is hard. The Message feature constantly stops working so our team members dont get the notifications. Also trying to schedule for a month at a time is very hard and it could be easier. I have asked that they make it easier but nothing has changed.

Die besten Alternativen zu Homebase

Justin
Justin
  • Branche: Eventservice

Bewertet am 13.12.2023

I regret purchasing Homebase

We are on the essentials plan. We have 45 employees. some of those employees are able to do more than 1 job. some of those jobs are a higher paying position (like bartender vs busboy)

When you hire a bartender at $15 per hour, if that bartender picks up a job as a busboy at $10 per hour - the software won't allow you have that bartender get paid at $10 unless you upgrade to their "plus" plan.

What was not explained was why this just became an issue in december 2023 and was not an issue when we onboarded all employees in september.

for that reason - i will not be renewing and will be sourcing a new sofrware. if i'm going to pay a higher cost, it wont be for the lack of customer service i've recieved to date.

i'll gladly update this review if the team can fix my issue but based on the customer service response i've seen so far...i dont see that happening without me making some noise.

The price was better than our old provider, wheniwork but maybe it turns out that you get what you pay for?

Customer service is very limited in what they are willing to say or do and you dont have a rep or salesperson other than when they first try to take your money and get you to sign up. I've sent messages for support or attempted to call or email my old rep that signed me up that went unanswered. When they have been answered - its been covered in technical jargon instead of a simple "yes you can do that by doing this or no, thats not available on your plan.

Doh

Bewertet am 31.1.2024

10 years and still my favorite

i've been using homebase for at least 10 years, and it is the very best. it's so very user-friendly, and the features are top-notch. i'm a huge fan.

there's nothing i dislike about homebase, and if i did, they listen to their clients and add/improve features regularly.

Karen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 8.3.2024

Very Useful App

Our Staff is very satisfied with how easy this app is. They can put in their availability or request a shift off which makes it super easier for me to write the schedule. The app immediately send updates on schedules, so I don't have to send notifications about schedule at all.

App is easy to navigate. Real fast to send updates about shift trades.

I don't really have .complains. We are really satisfied

Zahraa
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 3.4.2024

I lover using homebase app for simplicity and functionality of the app

Easy to track employee hours
Perfect for payroll

None available at this time accordingto the features that I am using the app for

joey
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 4.4.2024

Great features

It’s free to use! Granted less features but still a excellent offering for no investment

The only issue I have is repeated to being a free user with paid access I would have zero complaints. Staff do say there are times when clocking in gets a little difficult. Creates some clean up at payroll time

Anna
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 5.4.2024

Has its faults but overall a good app

The app is a great source of communication for all team members. It is a great way to see what your pay will look like.

The in app notifications do not always work.

Wayne
  • Branche: Öffentliche Sicherheit

Bewertet am 2.5.2024

Homebase review for Dartmouth Fire District 2

We were looking for an easy way to track our all the duty shifts, but stay within a budget. This system works very well.

The ease of use. The layout of all the pages makes it easy to use for everyone.

Nothing to say in this area. Everything that we use it for works very well.

Peter
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Bewertet am 25.11.2020

Excellent for Restaurants, Hourly Employees

I've used this as an employee, then as a business owner for about the last 7 years. It's really a no brainer if you need a time tracking tool, and it has been upgraded consistently over the years to add more features. The hiring tool is surprisingly solid as well, and helps to market positions quite well.

I've used this for so long now it is hard to imagine what I'd do without it. We began using it as a simple time clock, and it has slowly become our go to for hiring, time tracking, time off, and employee messaging. If you have a mostly hourly workforce it is super simple to setup, and as your business grows it has helpful and intuitive tools to make your life easier. Their support in my experience can be a bit disorganized, but they always get the job done and are easy to work with.

Not as helpful for salaried employees as it is for hourly employees in my experience. The lower tiers lack some of the onboarding functionality and digital form filing I'd like it to have, but I think this may have been added recently.

BambooHR

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

Homebase wins handily over BambooHR when it comes to hourly employees, and the value and ease of use it brings to busy workplaces.
Jeff
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte

Bewertet am 3.12.2020

Easy to use, set-up, maintain, interface and adjust.

Exceptional. Set it and forget it.

The interface/importing with QuickBooks Online. Easy to add time and track PTO, holidays, OT and more. Customization for our business hours was perfect. The cost is lowest I have found for the amount of features. T-Sheets in QBO is too pricey for us. Also the remote clock-in features and mobile app is a big hit with employees.

Importation of hours into QBO Payroll needs to be adjusted and checked, but having HomeBase open after importing employee time cards makes it simple. Just match 1 to 1 and your good. Also the initial holiday set-up can be a bit tricky but HB customer service is excellent and guided us through it.

QuickBooks Time

Warum Homebase gewählt wurde

Epicor was cumbersome and tricky for HR. That was a longtime ago.

Price and Features. Paid Time Off (PTO) feature. Mobile App for remote use
Annsley

Bewertet am 10.3.2021

Overview

It has a lot of great features and I like how you can modify a lot of the notifications to your needs.

I love how you can do the schedule out as far as in advance as possible but no one sees it until you post it. We have used other softwares that we would have to do a spreadsheet first and couldn't enter anything into the system until we were ready for anyone to see the shifts.

I would say the only thing I don't like is that we have trouble with the clock in system at one of our locations. Which is weird because it works perfectly fine at our other 3 locations. It doesn't register clock-ins a lot of times so my employees have to text me to clock them in.
I have reached out support about this several times in the past and they just say to delete the app and then reinstall. It works great for about a day and then acts up again.

Marybeth

Bewertet am 24.7.2020

Great POS system for a Sports Bar/ Restaurant

Scheduling is a breeze. I love i can duplicate schedules from weeks or months ago...sure saves time! It is great that I can Blackout dates that no staff can request off. It is great that staff can message each other or let the team know when a shift is available...to switch or cover for another person. I can send out a welcome message to the team when a new employee starts too...super easy to add staff as well!

It is nice to choose the apps that will work for your type of business. We are a sports bar, and it was perfect for us. It feels so good to not have a bunch of added items you dont use on your POS!!!

It seems to slow up at times, but it resolves quickly.
I don't like that we purchased a tablet and that will be outdated so it no longer is supported or provided updates. The tablet is convenient, easy to use and we use it for training new staff!

Square Point of Sale

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

it was cost effective for what we wanted to do.
Grace
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 20.2.2020

Easy to manage staff

instead of emailing we started using this app to manage schedules (which were done on paper before!) and to send messages to staff, like hey team i'm going to be late this morning, or on Friday we can wear jeans to work! It has made our team much more cohesive and together. now we all know what is going on!

Most of our staff is young and are on their phones all the time anyways. This app made scheduling a breeze with requests to switch shifts and time off easy to fill and move around hours. Plus there was no more second guessing what time you were scheduled for or who is off. Also you have the ability to message staff through the app which has made interoffice communication much better!

The free version only allows 1 manager- I recommend upgrading and letting a manager from every department be able to manage their employees coverage. otherwise it gets a bit overwhelming for 1 manager. Occasionally the app will not let me in asking me to enter a verification code, that is a bit annoying.

UKG Ready

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

the free trial is what worked well for us, that way we could try it our before we invested to much time into it
Kaitlynn
  • Branche: Restaurants

The Features I Need for Free

I get to schedule employees and they get to see it on their phones, check schedules, ask for time off, trade shifts, and get reminded to come to work an hour before their shift starts! I can change timecards on the back end if I need to, see how many hours I have scheduled, and estimate what payroll will be. It's easy to clock in and out in the app and Homebase keeps up with the times for pertinent questions to ask when they clock in.

Trying to shedule a shift from the app will make the schedule go off. You put in one time and then it changes it 2 hours for some reason, not a big deal, it usually schedule from my laptop anyway.

7shifts

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

It had the features that I needed; multiple shifts per day and changing timecards for free!
Jessica
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte

Bewertet am 8.2.2017

Awesome software!

Okay, so I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS APP AND LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Home base is easy to use, easy to read, easy to understand. The platform is SERIOUSLY DUMMY PROOF! My 9 year old daughter helped me set it up. It is seriously that easy! My 4 year old will open my app and can tell if I forgot to clock out when I left work, and he even knows how to clock me out at the right time! It really is just that simple. I love the restrictions it offers. I can determine whether employees can clock in and out from their app, I can determine whether they can see labor reports, view other employees schedule, and I love the fact that they can request off right from the app, and I can approve or deny right from the app. I love that they can switch schedules and I can approve it instantly from home. This app just has so many great features. I will never use another payroll system again.

I love that the employees can request time off or switch/trade shifts from their phone and I can instantly deny or approve the request. I love the ease of pulling the time sheets, and reading the time sheets. I love the access to be able to edit employees time on a daily or weekly basis. Employees can be horrible for clocking in early unauthorized, not clocking out to walk down the street to the store, etc. This app makes it simple to edit this carelessness from employees without even having to sit them down and talk to them about clocking in and out. Its kind of like, Okay, you want to take 20 mins to walk down to dollar general and you have already taken your lunch previous, oh and you didn't clock out. Well let me fix that mistake for you. The system tracks tardies, which is awesome, bc after 90 days, anyone who has been tardy more than 20% of their shifts, only gets offered a part time position within the company. This system gives us accurate data to show the employees at their 90 day evaluation, and the data can't be disputed bc it is tracked based on their clock in and clock out times.

I don't like the fact that there is not room for multiple clock outs under the edit mode. If we do not clock out for an extra break, there is no where to add it. I always have to add the time employees are gone to their lunch break. It give a false interpretation and false data when we pull data from this system for evaluations. I really wish you would update this to add columns for extra breaks, and reasons for the breaks. Also, I wish you would add a column to give explanation for employees that clock in late, miss a scheduled day, or clock out early. This system does not even track early clock outs, just late clock ins. We often find that employees will leave early to take care of things, and sometimes it can become repetitous. I would like to be able to track the data.

Crystal

Bewertet am 8.8.2022

Manage your schedule from the comfort of your phone.

Overall this helped the communication throughout the team and allowed me to easily track my schedule and pay. It was super convenient and easy to use. I was skeptical at first when they had me download the app but then I was obsessed. I think every small business should use this software, it will help your team out tremendously.

My team used Homebase as a scheduling and communication tool. If we needed a day off, there is a setting to where I can request a teammate to switch shifts with me or I can request cover. This made it super convenient if I needed a day off last minute.

As for communicating with my team, this was the best! When sending out a group message, it allows you to message the people who are only scheduled for a specific day. So if you needed to let the team you're running late or that you need someone downstairs to bring up supplies, etc. I wouldn't need to take time to select the specific people I need to inform, it would automatically pull up those people from the schedule. This software not only lets you message the people you are scheduled with but it also allows you to see who is scheduled that day. I enjoyed this feature because it let me know when I was working with my bestie or my not so bestie.

Another tool I loved on Homebase was the income tracker. This software was able to track when I worked and for how long and would provide an estimate on how much money I have made that pay period. It wasn't hard to find either. This helped my anxiety a lot because I knew if I had enough to pay my upcoming bills or if I needed to pick up an extra shift.

There is only one thing that I have to say is a con and I think it's more my managers fault. There is a feature in Homebase that allows you to potentially get a small amount of your paycheck early. Unfortunately every time I tried it never worked, but I am pretty sure it's because my manager was against that feature and enabled it. I think this feature is so awesome for employees especially during this inflation period and living in an expensive city.

• Branche: Konsumgüter

Bewertet am 10.11.2021

Homebase should be a part of every business that has employees.

Overall, Homebase is a great tool that any business can use and benefit from.

It's VERY user friendly, makes scheduling extremely easy. Also makes tracking hours and Labor$ easy as well. I also like the option of group messaging which enable s managers to communicate and issues or changes efficiently.

When an employee fills in their "availability" on Homebase, I personally would do away with the option that says "preferred' and replace it with the word "available" The reason:
whenever I copy a schedule to the following week, I can easily accidently schedule employees on days the did not, or weren't able to work, because the system would allow me to schedule them outside their preference. The way I solved this issue was by telling my employees to put in the availability as "unavailable" that way, whenever I would schedule them on days, or hours, they weren't available to work, the system would only then alert me that they can't work those hours!!
With that being said, I don't understand why the "preferred" option is even there! :) I don't care what they prefer, I want to know when they can't work so I know what NOT to schedule them.
you're welcome :)
I have called in the past, twice, and explained my suggestion, but no one seemed to get what I'm talking about, maybe because they're software engineers and not business managers.

William
  • Branche: Öffentliche Sicherheit

Bewertet am 5.3.2021

I could NOT Schedule without Homebase!!!!

I could NOT conduct my scheduling without this product!!! It makes scheduling both easy and fun!!! I can print out my schedules in different views for different levels of approval. I will NEVER use another product!!!

I love the fact that you can see from start to finish your scheduled shifts. I can see my coverage in advance and adjust on the fly. I love that fact that each employee can have their scheduling without having to come into the office to see a sheet of paper. I schedule out every two weeks, so my staff can see their schedules and even trade with each other if they would like. I can also see who has or hasn’t seen their schedule so I know exactly who to call for clarification.

I would like to see a way to have real time coverage bars indicating who is on duty with an option to view their time on shift in a bar setting (like the schedule view) so that I don’t have to look at numbers.

UKG Ready, When I Work und Fresha

Warum Homebase gewählt wurde

Homebase is a lot more powerful!

Price and ease of use!
Jordan

Bewertet am 19.11.2020

Good

Easy to use. A bit slow when loading some pages, such as the applications page. Some parts don’t work as well as they should.

I like that I can easily see and adjust people’s schedules. I like that they get notifications that their shift is coming up. The push to my calendar is also a plus. Onboarding is simple. It’s well thought out.

I’d like to be able to write mock schedules. I know Homebase integrates with some POS, but it doesn’t with mine. It would also be great if there was discount for multiple stores under the same account. Adding photos to a message sometimes does not work. Could we get the ability to have a separate message stream even if it’s to the same group of people?

Deputy und QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

Free version. Then I was hooked.
Kalen
  • Branche: Sport

Bewertet am 18.5.2022

Homebase - a versatile tool that probably does what you need (& more)

All in all homebase's functionality does a great service to our small business as a tour company with erratic hours and at different pay scales. The payroll integration with Gusto is key here.

Homebase's integration with our Gusto payroll service makes this a critical piece of our business.
The ability to select different pay grades for different jobs, and to send messages about shifts is also a major plus.

It can feel cluttered if you only need it for a few features (it can do a lot), and the app's need to access employees' location on their device can make for a clunky experience at times (i.e. if they generally keep their location off, or miss the second step of the confirmation screen).

Paden
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Bewertet am 10.3.2021

Love the APP! Wish you had cheaper monthly subscription options

Great! Just wish I could afford pro.

We love the software. It allows us to schedule, save info, talk to employees, and hire! I would love to have the pro feature but we simply cannot afford over $300 a month just to schedule and speak to employees. I’m a VERY small business and that takes about all the left over money I have at the end of the month.

The price, it also has been glitching ALOT. Most days I can’t see the schedule I created. The app will appear blank as if nothing has been created. I have deleted and redownloaded the app and still experience issues.
The fact you can’t have multiple managers to adjust the schedule SUCKS. I am always signed in under my husbands profile to adjust the schedule. Please fix this. So many company’s would love this new permission set.

Paycom

You were free.
Anthony

Great Scheduler and Time tracker

I use the free version and the functions and customer support are excellent. I have called them several times and they always answer and always solve the problem. For free you cannot get much better.

The free version lacks a few features I would like to use, such as time card saving and managing how far before the shift an employee can log in. The problem I have is the paid plans are too expensive. The pricing goes from zero to expensive to very expensive. There is no mid tier pricing for someone like me that wants a few extra features.

QuickBooks Time

Warum Homebase gewählt wurde

Needed a scheduler and more features.

Cost

Bewertet am 29.7.2020

Multitool for time and attendance

I am an early adopter and have watched the software development from version 1. It has grown quite a bit and I have referred 15-20 other businesses. Though they never mention me for a referral bonus.

I love the scheduling and time and attendance features. I like the flexibility and the abilities of my team to control their own schedule and time off.

I dislike that the only feature I require from the next tier (+$20 per month) is different job codes so I just don't use it. I renegotiate payrate and time to achieve payrate differential for alternate job descriptions. It it was a weekly issue, I would switch products... that's how serious of a flaw it it.

Also, Shift Ratings are a good idea but the functionality to retrieve their comments is clunky and I only remember to search it out once a month. It just makes it a throw away feature.

1.005 Bewertungen