Otter Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Otter

Otter ist eine Notizsoftware, die Unternehmen dabei unterstützt, Sprachnotizen in Echtzeit aufzuzeichnen, zu transkribieren und zu teilen. Die Plattform ermöglicht es Administratoren, Teilnehmende einzuladen, Notizen zu bearbeiten...

4,4

Osama
Osama
  • Branche: Industrieautomation

Bewertet am 22.2.2021

Otter made Transcription Easy.

It is just a wonderful experience and I will continue using the software for a long time I think, that is because of the friendly user interface and accessibility of using its feature. The software gets the work done for me in very good quality and precision. It was the first software to use in this subtitles field and I don't admit using it. Depending on the software and some modifications on my own, the result is very satisfying.

Otter helps me, as a student or a freelancer, to get a written transcription of a written text. This is helpful because I don't normally write out my learning videos subtitles and even if want to focus on the text not watching the overall video.
Having any of my visuals audio written and have the ability to edit it is something impressive and saves a lot of time.
I am looking forward to gaining more experience with the software and using it for my freelancing work.
The software has good features to edit, highlight the text. Even if I want to upload an image or insert a comment, all of that is easy to use. It has access to different applications like zoom, which is very nice.

The software has a few cons, like taking some time to upload the file, but it sends me a notification while it is done.
In the end, it is already a software which has some issue with accuracy especially with difficult accent cases and background noise .

• Branche: E-Learning

Bewertet am 10.3.2022

Great option for transcribing and easily keeping track of minutes of meeting

It keeps track of all the minutes of meetings by transcribing them in real-time. One can easily search the word and go to the timestamp of the video rather than watching the whole video to search for something.
Transcribing the meeting becomes really powerful as it saves time for a recap and filters out all the important information with the advanced search option.
I like that one can directly record an audio for transcription without needing to connect to meeting app.

In my experience the quality of transcription I get in Otter varies a lot depending on the microphone or headset I am using. For some headsets, the transcription does not work as well when compared to others even though all my headsets are of good quality.
The quality of transcription varies especially as different people in meetings can have different speaker volumes and accents.
The upload time for pre-recorded zoom videos is too long in my experience, take about an hour for a 1 Gb file.

Brian
  • Branche: Internet
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 24.6.2022

Just An Otter Speech-to-Text Tool

It was fundamentally okay, but that's the best it ever got. No real complaints but I have no complements to reccommend it, either.

It was easy enough to operate and accurate enough for your work to flow fairly smoothly. And it never needed a readjustment once your voice levels were set. Altogether a serviceable tool.

For some reason I found it difficult to find at times, and it was different in the way it processed your speech, then you had to copy and paste the text and the text might be on a different web page.

Die besten Alternativen zu Otter

Julio
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Bewertet am 5.1.2024

Help for Video Calls without taking notes

Overall the experiences a great experience, I find that the software does what it has to do, which is transcribe the meetings know who is talking give summaries of the meetings in my opinion is the best feature I find that the free version which gives you about eight meetings month is low enough so that if you needed more you buy the plan.

I normally have about 10 to 15 meetings a week and before using order I actually had a notebook for each call, forgot most of the data that I had to write within the meeting but at the end I used Otter, and completely relied on the transcription software

I find that sometimes it does not transcribe words perfectly well, and when you go back, it's hard to actually know what the person was talking about. It has improved, though.

Alexander
Alexander
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 7.7.2023

It's good...

It's transcription is really great. Search-ability is good, could be better. A full search for 'all my meetings with X person' or all meetings talking about X would be great.Export tools are lacking, but understandable. It's the kind of tool that can be a lifesaver.

It connects with your calendar (but only one) so you can just click your meeting and hit record. That's fantastic. It keeps all metadata present (who, what) so you can come back to it.

The bot kept joining meetings without me and it wasn't obvious how to stop this. Most abrasive on Teams meetings where everyone gets a notification that my robot has started the call. Then sends aggy emails about how nobody was in the meeting. Somewhat amusing, sometimes embarrassing when on client.

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 27.7.2022

Best Software for Transcription and Note Taking

This software has a good user interface for both computer and mobile devices. Its playback option is a unique feature along with its capability of transcribing in real time.

It is a good software given the task it accomplishes yet some features like the upload time of video files could be upgraded at a more convenient position.

Cynthia
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 10.7.2023

The Power of Being "Present"

My overall experience has been smooth and eye-opening. As noted, using Otter frees up my own creativity and ability to be fully "present" in a meeting.

Otter is an easy, accessible service. It is like having a personal assistant at your elbow who takes the best meeting notes ever, thus freeing you up to be more "present" in meetings. Otter can also be used with Zoom (and it is transparent, so people know that it's providing a transcription, which is good), with the result, again, that I don't have to worry about capturing all the ideas, thoughts, etc. that happen in a Zoom.

Early on, I was concerned that Otter would not figure out industry-specific jargon, but that has not been an issue.

Danielle
Danielle
  • Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 25.6.2021

Awesome Transcription Tool

Overall I've been very impressed with Otter. I tested a few apps for transcribing my client's podcast and Otter did a much better job than the others.

I tested multiple apps on the same recording and the accuracy of Otter's auto-generated transcript was amazing - MUCH better than the others. The speaker had a British accent which is notoriously challenging for transcription tools. But Otter hardly had any problems with it.

Otter also did not drop words when the podcast intro/outro music was playing, which was another problem I had with other apps.

One more pleasant surprise was that Otter automatically ignored filler words.

The editing workflow was pretty smooth for the relatively minor correcting I need to do.

One feature that I missed - and that the other transcription apps had - was global find and replace, which is a common feature in word processing tools. For instance, if a name has an unusual spelling and the speaker repeats it multiple times in the recording, I should be able to change all instances with the click of a button. You just tell the software what to look for and what to change it to.

Another feature that someone looking for an all-in-one tool might miss is the ability to edit the recording itself.

Fraser
Fraser
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 31.5.2021

Otter is fantastic

Great experience with Otter. I use the app to record myself dictating content into my phone when I walk as I combine exercise with content marketing and I also use it to record conversations with clients to easily turn the knowledge in their heads easily into written content.

It just works so well. The quality of transcription is great even with my Scottish accent which sometimes troubles transcription software and the app works so well too.

Nothing, honestly. And the fact that it as such a great free level makes it insane value. It is easy to use and extremely accurate.

Zahra
Zahra

Bewertet am 13.9.2021

Nothing Beats Otter AI

I discovered Otter AI back in 2019 and i haven't had a reason to uninstall it. I think the best thing about it is that you can begin recording and then the app continues to transcribe it in the background. So while i love the accuracy of transcription, i enjoy the recording feature as well. In fact I remember a client of mine said something about 16 thousand but when i read the transcription it was written as 60 thousand and I was like, this must be a mistake so I heard the audio and yes! it was 60 thousand and because i couldnt believe it, so i asked the client again to confirm if it was sixteen or sixty and he said "oh yea yea its sixty"... i'm not planning to move away from Otter AI

The transcription feature is so amazing! I have used it so many times to understand what the client meeting was all about especially when building proposals.

Have yet to find a problem in the app. I mean it has a quick widget on iOS also!

• Branche: Onlinemedien
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 20.8.2021

Generally accurate transcription and easy to use service

Overall, I'm happy with Otter. It has sped up my work tenfold - instead of having to sight and transcribe interviews for an hour and a half I'm able to get it automatically transcribed in no time and then just spend 10-15 minutes cleaning it up.
Excellent product - accuracy is good, speed is good and usability is excellent.

Otter is incredibly easy to use, where in 'live transcription' or recorded transcription.
The transcription itself is generally accurate. There are mistakes (I'd be astounded if there weren't) but it gets the transcription generally correct and then it is a pretty easy process to skim through it and edit the text as appropriate (editing is an absolute breeze!)

The payment tiers are a little restrictive - you don't get much for free with the service.

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 27.10.2020

Perfect for Taking Notes

I now don't take any notes. I just hit record and have a natural conversation, which is so much more useful in my line of work.

I love the ability to take photos of something that will appear in the transcription exactly where we are discussing it. The ability to recognize past speakers is really useful. It does a lot even in the free version.

They recently started restricting free users to a transcription limit. It's not too bad, and you can work around it by just started a new voice recording, but it's less helpful than before. Not enough to stop using it though.

Sikandar
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Bewertet am 14.7.2022

Almost Accurate But Not Perfect

Otter is a great tool for transcribing audio files. I've used it for transcribing some audio files that I had to convert into blog posts. It's been fairly accurate, and the automatic splitting of the files into different speakers is helpful.

If the speaker is a non-native English speaker or has a heavy accent, Otter will often struggle to understand them. This can be frustrating and lead to inaccurate transcriptions. Also, the free version only allows users to transcribe 3 audio files — that's the lifetime limit, not per month.

Mary
  • Branche: Onlinemedien
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 23.11.2021

Essential for our interviews

As a nonprofit media organization with a team of volunteer reporters, Otter makes it easy for us to capture every interview and get stories written in an efficient way.

Otter works seamlessly as a desktop or mobile app, making recording and transcription available wherever our reporters may be.

Otter recently reduced the free version of the software to 30 minutes of transcription, rather than 45.

Julian
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 27.3.2023

Otter AI is fantastic for automatic transcription

Highly recommended - Otter AI can save so much time and is a great backup if you don't have a second person available to take notes. Allows you to focus on the meeting or discussion, and worry about detailed notes later on.

This is a life-saver when a transcription of an interview or discussion is needed. It allows cross-checking of notes after a meeting, and even splits audio by speaker.

Nothing really negative about Otter AI - it has a great set of features and covers everything we need.

Jan
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Bewertet am 12.4.2022

Need a quick transcriptions?

On the whole, I like it. I love the time stamp because that enables me to create chapter headings based on them. I post my podcast both on Buzzsprout and Youtube, so this is very helpful. And I can use the transcript for both, as well.
I also like the various options for export, which include Word, clipboard, Txt, PDF or SRT.

I like how easy it is to use. Their creation of the transcript is relatively quick.

I have to edit through the words that are interpreted wrong, which takes some time.

samuel
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bewertet am 5.5.2021

No hassle, No learning curve, Just transcriptions

It's been nothing but fun. It's so simple to use and there's nothing to it. Just upload your files and the app does the rest.

I noticed there were few errors in my transcripts so that's a plus considering the fact it's using an A.I technology mechanism

It renews my free trial with free transcription credits every month. This is insane value If you are on a budget.

It's important for me to focus on my client's pain points and this app helps to search specific keywords in Zoom conversation recordings that I have with my clients. I don't like taking notes so this feature was helpful.

It's still is an A.I so the possibility of margin of errors abounds. I tried transcribing my voice but the app got some words horribly wrong.

Guy
Guy
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 28.8.2023

Great speech recognition tool

Saves lots of time writing and transcribing articles, etc.

Open the app or webpage and talk or play speech into the tool, and it transcribes the whole thing, making it easy to download as text - write articles, or summarise blogs, podcasts, presentations, etc easily

Nothing specific... I only use the basics though.

Anand
Anand
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 22.4.2022

Good for English but not good for regional languages!

It's very nice for English who speaks the US but not good for regional languages who speak Native English or any other regional languages it doesn't work. For Indian English, it doesn't capture all the words

I like the notepads. From this software, I can write the minutes of meeting in a very short time.

• Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 7.1.2022

Accurate and Effienct tool for Transcriptions

The software is reasonably priced and does quite a decent job of trascriptions. Its quick and reasonably accurate for a first draft.

Nothing to not like about it. the transcriptions are not 100%, but thats fine. Sure beats other tools out there at the same price range.

Michelle
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

Helps me focus on listening

It's really helped me have better client calls though I hope the transcription quality continues to improve.

Even though the notes aren't transcribed perfectly, they're transcribed well enough that I'm able to copy and paste and use for copywriting. Knowing that notes are being taken also allows me to stay fully present in the conversation, listen better, and ask better questions.

Some of the transcription is so bad it makes me laugh. But as long as I review it soon after the conversation, I can figure it out.

Ron

Bewertet am 4.10.2022

Otter Yee

Read transcripts in place of watching videos

Ease of use from simple installations to immediately navigating the intuitive interface

The transcript quality varies significantly based on computer speakers

Joe
Joe
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching

Bewertet am 20.4.2021

Extremely helpful for re-purposing great content

Easy to take the transcript and turn into a blog post
Pretty solid voice to text accuracy
Like the % breakdown of speakers
Like that you can edit within Otter and then export to Word or PDF
Paid plan allows for a ton of transcription time

Nothing. It does what is needed and is a legitimately helpful tool.

Hayley
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 25.2.2021

Time saving and appreciated

Glad to have found Otter as it's made our podcasts more accessible, when we couldn't afford to purchase an additional service for transcribing

Otter offer so much for free, which is greatly appreciated when you're running a little social enterprise! You may have limited upload options, but it can transcribe straight from a zoom call too. It identifies speakers pretty well.

The transcriptions of course always need editing - and some of the errors have been pretty hilarious - and this actually does take quite a lot of additional time, but obviously not as much as starting from scratch!

• Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 22.7.2022

Constantly reconnected

Setup
Integration choices
Pricing

Constantly dropping connections to third party intergrations

81 Bewertungen