SAP Crystal Reports Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über SAP Crystal Reports

SAP Crystal Reports ist eine Business-Intelligence-On-Premise-Lösung für Windows, die sich für kleine und mittelständische Unternehmen in verschiedenen Branchen eignet. Die Lösung kombiniert die Berichterstattungsfunktionen von...

4,1

Erue
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Bewertet am 10.8.2018

Really effective and professional

This is the traditional reporting tool that is used in many financial organizations. I have used SAP Crystal Reports 12 in my organization. We can design highly formatted reports using this tool. It can connect to multiple data sources such as ODBC, OLE DB etc. We can create reports with different formats such as pdf, csv, txt, xls, etc. We can also create html, xml reports. The price of this tool is also cheap. We can create detailed graphics, instrument panels.

There are some written exercises based on SAP Crystal Report that facilitate learning.
the integration with the different IDE of development are optimized.
it is compatible with the most popular database administrators, MYSQL, SQLSERVER, POSTGRESQL. and more...
The designer of Crystal is fantastic, drag and drop add-ons to create your report.

I had a lot of problems and spent a lot of time trying to adjust the space between the rows. I hope that in the future, SAP Crytal Report will make it easier.
should block the sizes of pre-established and blocked sheets to avoid leaving the margins.

Gordon
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 12.9.2023

SAP Crystal Reports is Very Important tool in the SAP Ecosytem

Overall, this is complete and robust application that is going to be in the market for a very long time because of the value it brings to the table.

- My Journey in SAP Crystal Reports started when my career in SAP also started. It has been a crawl, to a walk kind of journey where initially, I could only do some basic things in Crystal Reports but now I can do some pretty amazing staff with the application like Drill downs, create layouts from scratch, reports with sub reports,charting, report optimization etc.- SAP Crystal report is a very important tool in the SAP ecosystem and very crucial to a successful career in SAP. You literally cannot call yourself a senior SAP Consultant if you have not attained a certain level of expertise in Crystal reports. - With SAP Crystal reports you can create interactive reports from various data sources both SAP and Non- SAP data sources which can be customized to the very specific client needs.- It goes without saying that SAP Crystal Reports integrates seamlessly with applications in the SAP Ecosytem. - One of the most awesome things about SAP Crystal Reports is the fact that reports and layouts can be exported and shared in various formats including excel, pdf, and more.

- There is definitely a learning curve involved in crystal reports. If you want to be able to do respectable things in Crystal reports, then you might want to invest in acquiring the knowledge. For example, I have had to buy like 2 courses from Udemy on the same. The courses have been a huge help. I wouldn't be where I am today without the courses.

Curt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 14.2.2023

SAP Crystal Reports are great for financial and ad hoc reporting

Overall, I've had a fine experience with Crystal. It is somewhat antiquated when it comes to visual BI, but its great for printing - which so many customers still demand.

The finance teams I've worked with over the years rely heavy on Crystal. It provides them everything they need. It is also great for quick/dirty ad hoc reporting. When someone needs an answer, Crystal is helpful in delivering results quickly. It also provides great pixel-perfect printing (which many competitors do not).

Crystal has its place in the business intelligence world, but tools like Power BI and Tableau are much more teachable and much more visually compelling.

Die besten Alternativen zu SAP Crystal Reports

Christina
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Bewertet am 20.3.2019

Useful Tool once you know how to use it

I use Crystal Reports a ton. I have tons of reports scheduled to provide end users with statistics and patient data. It makes everyone's jobs easier.

Crystal Reports lets you create custom reports that allows you to extract data that you need. It is a great tool to drill down to a certain level when you have a large pool of data. I love the fact that you can schedule Crystal Reports through BI, and have them emailed or saved to a network folder.

It isn't always intuitive. Creating formulas can be tricky and some of the functions and operators don't work as you would logically expect them to. Creating a report can be very time consuming.

Bewertet am 6.6.2018

Revolutionized my daily tasks

Crystal Reports allowed me to streamline my inventory refresh ordering and my custom ordering process into a single automated report. After setting reorder points in for all of my stock items I was able to get instant reports that tell me when I need to order and avoid stock outtages. At the same time each day, I run my report, save it as an excel file and forward to my production facility!

Steep learning curve, but it is worth it. There is also a dependency on having good clean source data. Crystal Reports may actually point out some shortcomings in your source data and create more work short term.

Ramesh
Ramesh
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 15.1.2019

Crystal Reports Review

Best class application to build reports , easy and with great features , One of my best development tool

Lots of features , using it from years and made 500+ reports , simple loving it
Can connect many different databases and support connection providers
supports sub reports , drill down reports and Hyperlink
Conditional formatting and Reports wizards
It's fast and never hangs
Good support even with integration with Microsoft tools
used for creating dashboard , charts

I think it needs some kind of subscription features like SSRS
It's little time consuming to format and align tables ,texts ,lines

Caroline
Caroline
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 25.9.2018

One of the Best Business Intelligent Reporting Tools for SME's

Crystal Reports helps us have a more detailed look of our company and helps us make informed decisions on what we need to do to improve various components of our business.

I like that Crystal reports have a very strong capabilities like sorting of data. You are also able to retrieve most of your company' data for analysis using the tool. Crystal reports helps us create highly formatted and detailed reports - much more that what we are able to get from the SAP Business One software itself.

Another awesome thing about Crystal reports is that it is that the process of creating reports is easy once you get used to the mechanisms of the tool. For example, once you pull a certain aspect of a specific set of data, yo can reuse it and only change a variable according to your new needs.

Crystal Reports are also pretty affordable for small and medium sized companies.

Though the initial purchase of crystal reports can be quite affordable, the tool gets expensive when you need to buy the server which is quite costly but essential for scheduled notifications and other benefits.

Rohit
Rohit

Bewertet am 11.10.2017

My organization uses Crystal Reports as a primary reporting tool for our Oracle 12c database.

It is difficult to make a sophisticated tool like Crystal Reports intuitive, but once you know the layout of how to add and view tables and links, it is quite easy. There is a lot of flexibility as well.

There were some hick ups when we upgraded to Oracle 12c, but this could be because we were not using the most current version of Crystal Reports.

Angie
Angie

Bewertet am 23.10.2018

Great reporting system!

Crystal reports are a great way to see your data in many different ways. Customization is fairly easy with some training.

We have always had an issue with our reports reconciling to our system. They take some training to get them set up correctly.

Carlos
Carlos
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 18.1.2018

Useful tool if you need to process data from a DB and present them in various ways in reports.

The Crystal is used in my laboratory to generate the calibration certificates that are delivered to the clients with each team. It allows a great configuration both of appearance and of manupulation and access to databases where all the data is saved. It is really a useful and powerful tool and that can be used with little training, reading the manuals of the software.

The software allows you to do many things as you know more about SQL and the like. It is necessary to learn a little about the operation of the DBs to squeeze the potential of the Crystal

Brittany
  • Branche: Bau

Bewertet am 16.3.2019

Crystal Report Review from the company Controller

The most difficult problem to overcome is the necessity to be logged into the database in order to run a report.

Our industry based software comes with a limited scope of canned reports and Crystal has proven to be a great supplemental reporting program. When our software falls shorts, Crystal offers many solutions. Upper level management, executives, and owning partners love how they can drill down into the finite details the Crystal reports can be built to display. And our data analysts use very detailed reports with minimal formatting exported as excel documents to create a plethora of pivot tables and other analytics including profit margin information and auditing information. I also like that the formulas are more similar to excel then other reporting syntax I have used.

Anyone who has built a Crystal report from scratch can tell you it can be difficult to link tables and other data source issues can cause major problems with the information. Some of this difficulty comes the complexity associated with the software tables linked to the crystal report data source of course... but I do not think the average user can pick up the syntax very easily. And I have found that advanced formatting and cascading parameters can be a major headache.

Marsha
  • Branche: Regierungsbeziehungen

Bewertet am 1.2.2018

I like that it customize the different reports we generate daily and multiple users can view...

I like that crystal report is able to customize the different reports we generate daily and multiple users can view them. Also, I like that it allows for multiple users to feed and draw data from these reports. I like that its all centralized in one place with the flexibility of expanding or changing if need be. I am impresses with how data can be formatted with the various options and once you are trained it actually easy to use.

This tool takes time to become acquainted with, fortunate for us some of our guys were already familiar with the tool and was willing to train the other team members. The upside to this tool is once you are trained it is a good tool to use.

Catarina
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 27.8.2019

My review of SAP Crystal Reports

I work with this software every day and personally I think it's a perfect mix between the world of programming and design. It allows us to give a personal touch to everything we do. Perfecting as time goes on. It's how to ride a bike. It makes connections to multiple databases and is very accessible. Very good indeed.

SAP Crystal Reports is one of the tools I most enjoy working with. Sincerely. It's linked to SQL - we can get our signature on a report that looks vulgar - through code. We were able to do 1001 things, and really have a style. It is an art, combined with the fact that it is programming. It is fabulous. I really love working with Crystal - it's my weakness of how good it is.

Like any software, if the code is too heavy, or if it is a very complex procedure, crashes a little. But nothing special. Tolerable and irrelevant in the case.

Vinoojan
Vinoojan

Bewertet am 20.8.2019

Advance reporting tool

Its very sophisticated software for reporting and supporting asp.net based softwares. In terms of presenting the data as information, This is very very helpful . We are providing solutions for HR and ERP. End of the day whatever the configurations or customization we need clients are focusing on the out-put to present as a report.

Very advance reporting tool and make life easier for people who are dealing with data sets and reporting.
Can create reports with complex filters and formulas. Also crystal reports are capable of giving attractive charts, tables and linked reports.
Also can be configure from different Data sources like MSSQL.

Run time version and desktop version have some misalignment issue. But it can be sorted out in the coding level. And the option call Cross tab ,its a dynamically expanding table in crystal and there you can't have serial number when its comes to number of values listed.

Musfir
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 11.1.2023

SAP Crystal is the Best Software for Analyzing

It's a very good software for any industry to know and find daily analysis.Can get exact and true status. we don't have to go to warehouse or plant as sitting in office we can know the production of plant and dispatch from warehouse

Customized ReportsTrack exact status of InventoryShow clear picture of inventory, and cash outflow and in process.

some time reports take time to download.can only be run at the system where it is installed not able to access and use on Smart Phone.

Drew
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen

Bewertet am 8.12.2016

Crystal Reports is the best bang for our buck

Our software uses Crystal Reports. Custom report creation is not terribly easy. It is not terribly difficult. I know we have looked at integrating different reporting options and I think for the money spent, Crystal offers us the best overall value for functionality. There are certain limitations I have run into - for example - I cannot print a "line" on top of a background picture. The only workaround available is to create a "box" and fill it in and reshape it to be a line. This works although my lines are rather fat. Small things like that are frustrating. Otherwise, it is a fairly powerful reporting development tool.

Diego
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 12.9.2017

Solid if you're in the SAP ecosystem, otherwise takes time to learn. Not beautiful but works.

The ability to create practical and decent-looking reports on the fly, with little input and specially little document formatting. That is, the program takes care of the padding, spacing, text-formatting and so on for you. It creates the report automatically. The graphs and their many possibilities were specially useful for expressing a point within reports.

If you come from an SAP background and have used their applications before, SAP Crystal Reports fits quite good on their existing apps. This applies for the usual good stuff that SAP gets right which are, in my opinion, lots of features, support for many formats and just an overall solid product. What I like the most is (which the name implies) the ease of creating reports. You don't need much input to create good looking and orderly reports. Its focus is indeed in reports and the more you use it the more obvious it is. In summary, if you're looking for an application that can handle good amounts of data, structure it and put it in a decent report-page, then this is a good application for it.

The application is to focused on making page-reports which results in a lost flexibility if you want to do anything else. The program has many features, but sometimes they are hard to find since the UI (at least from my version) was kind of unpolished. Everything was there, but was somehow hard to find or not that intuitive. The plethora of 'beautifully' designed apps has indeed inserted a bias in me, which makes me not like the design and UI of this application, however much features it has. It was also not specially quick. It took some time to 'boot' and also some good amount of time for creating a semi-complex report. It supports many interfaces and data formats, however we had to install a driver to connect to our database, which was a tedious problem (though not the program's fault).

Sloan

Bewertet am 26.2.2018

Crystal Reports fixed our cost-tracking and internal reporting

We came from doing things using an excel-and-quickbooks-based homebrew system to Sage 300 and Crystal Reports. Using Crystal Reports saved us days or weeks of time last year generating financial reports and architectural transmittals.
+ Extremely Versatile
+ Can be used to bend commercial software to individualized needs

- Report designer is not intuitive, but this is common for powerful and customizable software!
- Testing reports with Sage 300 specifically can be a bit of a pain as you need to re-enter parameters repeatedly.

Sherae
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 23.4.2021

Very professional and precise

I have used SAP for a little over a year and though it has its cons I’m satisfied with its offerings. It really helps with keeping track of reports and that does it for me.

Let me first mention the design of this program, it is really nice. I love that files can be dragged and dropped, which makes it easy to maneuver. I also love that is is a good collaboration tool and works well with some other softwares like Excel, Access among others. It is fully customizable and I love that.

There are still some functions that need improvement. Some of the graphs have some limitations like changing marker sizes or formatting numbers on axis.

Bewertet am 16.8.2016

Crystal Reports Review

Great products which is easy to use. The product could use some updating by allowing screens to be made full screen.

relatively easy to use.

automatic links. I wished there were help videos on creating formulas

Antwort von SAP

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your review. You can find more information on SAP Crystal Server and the licensing options here:

Thanks

Beantwortet am 16.8.2016
Tony
  • Branche: Versicherung

Bewertet am 23.11.2015

Still the Champ

There's a lot to like about Crystal Reports, I don't think anything else out there has the flexibility and versatility in terms of data display and formatting. Its strength is paper formatting, it's like desktop publishing software for databases.

There are some weaknesses, export to Excel has never been perfect (although it can get pretty close if you use vertical guides to identify where columns should go). It is so paper-oriented that if you need to make a large layout you have to find a matching paper size -- challenging if you don't have a large-format printer. And the expense of course, not for the Crystal software, but the enterprise server so that others may view and run the reports. Very spendy.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Bewertet am 29.11.2018

Good Software

Our customers use the crystal reports daily to print invoices, quotes, purchase order, etc.

- customers can display their company's reports
- easy to adjust if the customer wants a report to be changed

- at this moment in time I have nothing bad to say about this software

Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 30.11.2018

Great software

The most powerful tool to create reports, you can modify the reports at any time and there is no need to re-deliver the application / software system. Easy to integrate with other software.

There is nothing I don't like at this moment.

Kenny

Bewertet am 16.8.2016

New shoes, old path...

Great reporting tool. Allows me to bring my ideas and conceptions to life :)

Ease of use and creativity

None

Luca

Bewertet am 27.2.2016

A professional reporting software

I used this software during my previous work experience.
Among the different reporstica tool I used I believe that Crystal Reports is one of the best in terms of usability.
The things I appreciate most of this software is the dynamic division of sections into groups and subgroups, the ability to easily modify the report output even from the view in the preview tab, and editable grid.

Incorporating some reports in web pages I had some problems like misalignment etc.
The designer should be a bit 'improved in terms of appearance and functionality, also the graphs should be more attractive.

169 Bewertungen