Schoology Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Schoology

Schoology ist eine cloudbasierte Lernmanagementlösung, die sich auf Lehrplanmanagement, Kursanweisungen und systemweite Ressourcenfreigabe und Kollaboration spezialisiert. Nutzer können Kursinhalte und -zuweisungen in die...

4,3

Nick
Nick

Bewertet am 17.12.2018

Number 1 LMS on the Market

Overall, I can't imagine my experience both teaching using Schoology and leading professional development for teachers without Schoology. It has afforded me an opportunity to totally revamp my district's PD to something more teacher centered, self paced, and differentiated, by putting together an online database of modules tailored to our specific district needs.

This is hands-down my go-to LMS for education. Having used a variety of LMS programs out there, and having come from some such as Google Classroom, and 3DGameLab, Schoology is top notch. Constantly being updated, Schoology helps transition the focus from the teacher to the student. The best features are Schoology's ability to integrate with other tools, as teachers can embed edtech tools such as Padlet, Polleverywhere, Thinglink, etc into a Schoology assignment using their LTI integration. As they continue to partner with other edtech companies, some of these then become options within their platform. I have used their integrated Conferences, Lock Down Browser, and more. The ability to transition ownership to the students, monitor their work while letting them work at their own pace is truly remarkable and a game-changer in education.

There are some things I wish were available such as the ability to share an entire folder of contents with an individual student, or to set separate completion rules/dates for assignments within a folder. Not sure why these aren't options. I also think a way to automatically award badges upon completion would really help teachers cut down on time awarding them.

Tara
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 29.9.2021

Virtual Learning Made Easy

Overall, it's an inexpensive program that our district has adopted to use for virtual learning options. When the pandemic hit, students had to access their work through Schoology, and teachers had to use it to upload assignments. As a program, it is fairly simple to use. It takes a few tries at first, and then you get used to it. It has a wide range of options for uploading content including: documents, videos, YouTube and HTML links, and quizzes/tests.

Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to create quizzes using Google Forms and upload them into Schoology as an assignment. You can also directly create an assignment in Schoology itself which is pretty easy to do. I frequently create math tests on here, because it is so easy and has different options like multiple choice, sequencing, etc.

I had to take an initial training course to understand this software better. There are a few confusing buttons when creating an assignment - but after a few tries, you get used to it. (I would recommend watching some YouTube videos about how to use Schoology if you're interested in buying this software for your school. They have some very helpful ones on there.)

Kristin
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Bewertet am 21.12.2021

Overly complicated, not intuitive, fails to account for what parent and student users need most

I hated Schoology at St. Isidore and then when my kids went to high school and they purchased this product, I was dumbfounded as to why the administration wanted it. All the parents are confused.
When the App shows me it has new messages/alerts, I open the app, and nothing in the app tells me what is the alert - no "unread" messages, I have NO Idea where to go, so I have to go fishing for it. I don't know what else the product does, but it fails miserably at meeting the key needs of my two children and my needs to oversee how they are doing. My children also do not like this product. They have even been using it for 3+ years. They are in high school now.

Nothing. Don't know why the administration purchased it. It was not worth the money. Most parents we know can't find anything in there and need multiple trainings.

Too many features, too many folders, trying to find anything on there is like looking for a needle in a haystack. iI is not intuitive at all - this company needs some apple developers on their staff. Fails to facilitate the most common uses for parents and students, with a focus on easy grade reporting and ease of accessing current assignments and the instructions from the teacher. I can't find anything in here. No parents I know like this software.

Die besten Alternativen zu Schoology

Angela

Bewertet am 16.7.2021

All Systems in One Place

Schoology has been extremally useful to me as a teacher both during the pandemic and after. I appreciate the Schoology teams constant innovation and dedication to teachers and students. I look forward to using it again next year. Students and parents both find it easy to use and I have had positive results using the platform.

I love that I can login once and be able to access a variety of programs and software. The one user login is awesome! I like that I can send out messages to students either through the messenger feature or by placing an announcement in each class. I also like being able to go directly from one website (for example Newsela) to another (for example Nearpod) with in the platform itself. Set up classes is a breeze, and I appreciate how seamless Schoology has made it for teachers. The training I received from Schoology staff is also very good.

As with any LMS, there is a learning curve, but it ranks as one of the better LMSs in terms of easy of use. I would like to see Zoom integrated directly into each class, as an additional option.

Amy

Bewertet am 3.8.2021

Excellent LMS with a variety of features

I love Schoology. The few times I needed support, the individuals I spoke with were amazing. The features and ease of Schoology outshines other Learning Management Systems on the market. Other than the couple of quirks I mentioned above, this is a product good for a wide range of ages and courses.

I have been using Schoology for approximately five years now and I find it to be the easiest LMS with the most features of all the other ones I’ve tried. It is so easy to organize in whatever way is most convenient for you and your course. It supports video uploads from multiple different kinds of sources whether be YouTube or Loom or Edpuzzle. Students love the use of badges where teachers can send “gold star” encouragement to students like “most improved” or other distinctions. Students can easily email their teachers through Schoology. Course updates allow for whole class communication. The pro list goes on and on.

The biggest con I have experienced occasionally rears its head when I try to sync Schoology to PowerSchool. I find that some assignments will not sync. Even after I go through all of the usual troubleshooting details such as having a due date or the assignment title being too long, nothing will get it to sync. This is not a huge problem maybe one assignment and 50. What is frustrating, is that when you go into the sync page the error listed doesn’t tell you what to look for us just simply says “failed the sync.

Another frustration I have is when I want to unpublished material to students In Schoology that unpublished material is then unpublished in PowerSchool. Just because I want to on publish it in Schoology does it mean I want their grades in assignments to be unseen in PowerSchool.

Robert

Bewertet am 14.7.2020

Effective LMS for Online Instruction

I have used Schoology in my classroom for the past four school years. Prior to that, I had tried Moodle, Blackboard and Edmodo for use with my students. Schoology has been the most intuitive to understand and set up. It helps students easily find resources and allows me to integrate numerous online tools, meeting all of my needs as a classroom teacher. This year, our district has moved to requiring us to use Canvas, which really put just how easy and functional Schoology is into perspective for me.

Schoology is very intuitive for teachers, students and parents providing an easy to use learning management system for all.

Using the free, non-enterprise, version doesn't provide teachers with student access analytics.

Bewertet am 29.8.2021

Easy but not.....

During the early days of our school, we used Schoolology. Although it was very convenient for teachers to use, students had difficulties combining various contents.

One of the strengths of Schoolology is how easy it is to use. The user interface is intuitive.

However, it can be tricky to combine various platforms. Google Classroom allows multiple activities with one account, but Schoolology has limits.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Google Classroom

Warum Schoology gewählt wurde

Recent students preferred Google Classroom because it is convenient for expanding and accessing the area through Google Meet.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Schoology

Initially, I used Schoology, but then moved to Google Classroom.
Dale
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 11.10.2023

Schoology for Practice Quizzes

When the platform was free for my intended use, I was able to share the banks of questions with other teachers at my school.

Could create quizzes that drew from a created bank of questions, which helped with quiz security and gave a more accurate of what the student knew and understood.

When you switched from free to a priced platform.

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 8.11.2023

Less complicated the Blackboard

Overall, I like the functionality. It's simpler to use than Blackboard.

It's a streamlined system that's not clunky.

It needs some more features. I thought the way tests were administered could be improved.

Philip
Philip

Bewertet am 9.7.2020

A Full Service LMS Offers So Many More Options

We've been using for four years and they keep making it better!

All of my course content is in Schoology and since I teach using the flipped classroom model, the switch to fully online learning in the spring was pretty much seamless for all my students with home internet access.

I am also a Schoology Ambassador.

Our district uses Schoology as a district-wide Learning Management System (LMS). We switched to Schoology last year and I use Schoology for almost all of my course work. I teach using the flipped classroom model and Schoology's platform allows me to share my lecture videos, conduct assessments of student knowledge and understanding, give assignments, and to provide communication with students and parents. All of my content is available to my students through Schoology 24/7, I can make it available in a variety of ways, and I can make updates in real-time.

Schoology's introduction of the Google Assignment App has me excited about our switch to Chromebooks. This app allows you to attach a Google Doc (say a study guide) as part of an assignment. When students open the assignment the document is copied, renamed, and added to their Google Drive. No more students opening or copying a new version of the document each time they go back to the assignment instead of to the copy they made but didn't actually rename as the directions stated. The document is 'tied' to the assignment and updates no matter where they work on it from (inside the assignment or through their Google Drive.) I also use the platform’s completion rules to give students autonomy while also keeping them on track.

Another great option is the ability to add images to pages, updates, announcements, and folders to give visual information, help guide students, and give them access options. I also am able to hyperlink

While they've done a great job updating the product, however, I wish the pace of that was faster. For example, they introduced a new "Assessments" feature that was to eventually replace the "Test/Quiz" feature once it had all of the same options. While the question types in Assessments are nicer, it is two years later and it is still missing features of Test/Quiz including the ability to comment on individual student questions, auto-correction and rescoring if you made a mistake in setting up the correct answer in a question, and importantly, they still have not added a question test bank option for Assessments. Without the option to randomly pull questions from question banks I still use Test/Quiz for later end of unit assessments and semester exams.

Bewertet am 8.12.2016

Schoology for Classes and Professional Development

In my 7 years as a teacher, I was always looking for the latest and greatest tools. The one thing that never changed, was Schoology. They are constantly improving their product and updating to make it better. I used all the free features of Schoology with my students. We took all of our assessments via their platform. They submitted assignments, essays, and projects via the other software. I was able to easily attach rubrics to the work that students were creating. My favorite piece was the discussions. It allowed me to elicit responses from all students, not just the ones who were willing to raise their hands. I would often use the online discussions to facilitate a face to face discussion in class the next day. I was able to use the responses from the online portion to direct and call out specific responses that could further our in class discussion. Schoology is an all around great tool, if you are looking for an LMS, it would be a mistake not to consider Schoology.

In my current role, I provide more professional development support. I am working with teachers on their implementation of Schoology and other tools. Schoology allows me a way to deliver online courses to teachers and support them in their growth. It is a great experience for our teachers to use Schoology as a student, this gives them the perspective they need when it is time to work with their students. It also affords us the opportunity to show them some best practices of using an LMS. Schoology is a winner in every way, I wouldn't be where I am today without Schoology, and our teachers wouldn't be making the gains they are without the support of Schoology.

There is an instant comfort to using Schoology for students and teachers. Most things are very easy to find and within a couple uses, teachers begin to develop confidence with the program. As a teacher, I was easily able to teach myself (with some online guidance) how to accomplish what I needed. The range of options available for free is outstanding and the paid version just adds the icing to the cake!

There are times where it seems like I have to click a lot of buttons to execute something. There are some quirks (as there are with many programs) that don't seem 100% logical to me. With that said, Schoology is always willing to listen, things may not be fixed immediately but it is nice to know they are aware.

Yevstakhii
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 28.5.2023

My expirience of use Schoology

Schoology provides robust course management features that allow me to effectively organize my courses and deliver content. I appreciate the ability to structure and organize course materials, upload resources, create assignments, and manage assessments within the platform. This streamlines the teaching process and helps create a well-structured learning environment.Schoology offers a range of collaboration and communication tools that facilitate interaction between teachers and students. I can engage in discussions, share resources, submit assignments, and provide feedback within the platform. These tools enhance communication and foster a sense of community among users.Assessment and grading capabilities: Schoology provides features for creating and administering assessments, quizzes, and assignments. I can create various question types, set grading criteria, and provide timely feedback to students. The platform's grading capabilities simplify the assessment process and enable educators to track student progress effectively.Here are some aspects that some I have found less favorable: сustomization limitations, assignment and grading complexity, limited reporting and analytics.

1. Course management and organization: Schoology offers robust course management features that allow me to create and organize my courses effectively. I can easily structure my content, upload resources, create assignments, and manage assessments within the platform. The ability to organize materials and activities in a logical and structured manner helps me deliver a streamlined learning experience.2. Collaboration and communication: Schoology provides a range of collaboration and communication tools that facilitate interaction between teachers and students. I can engage in discussions, share resources, submit assignments, and provide feedback within the platform. The integration of communication tools, such as messaging and announcements, enhances real-time communication and fosters a sense of community among users.3. Assessment and grading: Schoology offers features for creating and administering assessments, quizzes, and assignments. I can create various question types, set grading criteria, and provide timely feedback to students. The ability to track student progress, generate reports, and manage grades efficiently simplifies the assessment and grading process.

1. Assignment and grading complexity: While Schoology offers assessment and grading tools, I have found the assignment setup and grading process to be cumbersome or time-consuming, particularly when dealing with large class sizes or complex grading criteria. I have challenges in managing and organizing assignments, providing detailed feedback, and efficiently grading student submissions.2. Limited reporting and analytics: I have mentioned that Schoology's reporting and analytics capabilities could be more robust. I have a desire for more advanced reporting features that provide deeper insights into student performance, engagement, or progress. While Schoology offers basic reporting options, I may find them insufficient for their specific data analysis needs.

Kelsey
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 11.7.2020

Soar with Schoology

Schoology is by far the best educational tool for students, even in Elementary School. The program is so easy to use, one-stop-shop for teachers to house all their materials, and a great way to keep parents informed and aware of their student's academics! I have used Schoology for 2 years and I have led the drive for this tool for elementary classrooms in my district. Schoology has changed the way I teach and how I personalize learning for my students! So easy for students to understand as well! I am extremely happy with Schoology and I would reccommend Schoology to be used in all districts across the world!

- Syncs straight to your Google Drive.
- Nearpod and EdPuzzle syncs right into Schoology courses.
- Syncs with District Gradebook for easy grading.
- Individualized folders and assignments is great for personalizing learning.
- Student completion tool to keep student's accountable for their work.
- Allows for embedding teacher videos so student's don't have to navigate away from Schoology.
- Add personal touches like course pictures, profile pictures, color folders, Bitmoji interactive classroom announcements, interactive buttons, etc.
- Great calendar feature to put in meetings and share with other students or educators.
- Great for all ages!

There are a lot of districts across the world now adopting Schoology so sometimes the software could be slower than usual. I would also like to be able to change the colors of the folders to my own options.

• Branche: Vorstandsbüro
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 2.8.2019

Schoology Efficiency

I wanted to see if there was a difference in doing school work online and doing school work the traditional way using pen and paper. While you can get more distracted doing school work through Schoology since you are online and you have more access to other applications, I felt encouraged to finish my work faster and more efficiently since it was easy to access and it was quicker to type in my work instead of writing it. Also, it was motivating to see my progress in each class so I know what I need to work on and how well I’m doing. Overall, it was a good experience and if I had more professors utilizing this application/software, I would like it.

It was extremely convenient not only as a student but for staff and teachers that manage a large amount of students. For students, they are more encouraged to finish the school work quickly due to its convenience since they are only required to have a technological device such as a tablet or phone and internet in order to finish their work. They can access this in school, home, or anywhere as long as they have access to the internet. The app or website is easy to navigate through as well. The same goes for teachers and other staff since they are able to go through each student’s work efficiently since they are listed under their respective classes. Both student and teacher are able to track the progress of their work and they are enabled to see how they are faring in each class which encourages each student to improve and teachers are able to see which topic a student needs to work on. Teachers are also able to post take-home quizzes and lectures online which students can conveniently access.

If the student does not have access to wifi or internet, they are unable to see their homework/school work and they won’t be able to submit their requirements.

• Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 5.1.2019

Best Educator Software

This software allowed me to finally free up time and focus on my teaching instead of paperwork! Even better, all the tests and assignments I make can be saved to assignment bank, and I can reuse them for years to come. Absolute game-changer.

I am a teacher and school district I work for recently rolled out schoology and mandated all teachers to use it and I think this has been the best move in years. Schoology is AMAZING. First, it's very user-friendly (homepage looks like Facebook news feed, and grade books mirror many early-stage online grade books). Gradebook is easy to use and my school district has embedded an option where grades can automatically transfer and post in the district database every 5 weeks. That alone takes hours of work away from teachers when grades are due! Second, students can submit assignments on schoology - everything from exit tickets and papers to discussions and even tests. No more stacks of papers to take home and grade - I can literally access those online from any device and grade at my spare time. Even better - tests and quizzes can be created manually and correct answers programmed in, so when the student submits it, Schoology grades it and posts the grade for you (you have an option to review to verify it).

I am a math teacher and I would like for the option to allow students to create graphs themselves when doing tests. Schoology does not yet have such options, and instead I have to create graphs and and insert those pictures into tests, and make any graphing question a multiple choice one.

Justin

Bewertet am 16.1.2018

Schoology - Empowering Blended Learning

Schoology has transformed my own teaching and assessment strategies, and I have seen it greatly impact the classrooms of my colleagues. It remains one of my top recommendations for any educators across the educational technology spectrum.

Schoology's greatest asset is its ease of use. When my institution adopted Schoology as the LMS (to replace a previous, more complicated LMS), we saw a 2/3 increase in active users, effectively transforming our classrooms. Schoology excels at communication (to your entire course, co-workers, or individual students) compared to other learning management systems. Additionally, schoology is an LMS visibly built around a learning centered classroom, unlike the obvious content-centered approach favored by prominent, older learning management systems.

Schoology's ease of use does mean some loss of complicated features. At first glance, schoology has a smaller feature set than some LMS's. However, if you are willing to be creative, the platform engages very cleanly with third party tools to accomplish any functionality that may have been lost.

Katie

Bewertet am 20.7.2020

Schoology - an AWESOME tool!

Schoology is a great solution for "one stop shopping" for our students. This is a great time-saver in the classroom.

My staff and students have used Schoology for the past three years. It is a great learning management system. The students find it user friendly and the teachers love having one place to manage the many aspects of their classes. Excited to see what new features will be coming this year!

My teachers are patiently waiting for Schoology to be tied to our student information system so grades will import directly!

Bewertet am 4.12.2019

Connect Learners and Content via Schoology

Schoology has been essential in our school's mission to be more agile and flexible when thinking about how we schedule and deliver courses to students. It is a major component of our success in meeting our goals.

Schoology is a turn-key solution for any school, college, university looking to deploy blended/hybrid learning or develop online courses. Schoology allows for increased communication, collaboration, and connectedness among your class, content, and students. It is extremely easy to use, set up, and navigate for both instructors and students. Its integration with both Google and Microsoft365 increase the efficiency of assignment collection and grading than ever possible in a class without a Learning Management System. Schoology also provides a free version of their platform for teachers who may not be within an organization able to fund the full Enterprise version.

Schoology needs to devote more of its engineers to expanding the platforms LTI integrations and UI to surpass its competitors.

• Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 24.8.2019

A beautiful piece of software

Our business is extremely productive thanks to Schoology. It gives teachers a lot of control over their class and a way to organize everything in a way that it saves time and money. Amazing!

I cannot stress how incredible this software is. It looks a bit like Facebook, which makes it both familiar and easy to use, the user-interface is a huge reason why my company uses Schoology. Schoology interfaces with Google, allowing embed of my google files so that it will automatically update in Schoology if I update an assignment sheet and/or calendar. Students can also upload assignments from their Google Drive. In fact, the interfacing means you can grade, view, and comment on all assignments in Google Drive. It's incredibly easy to use in the classroom setting and I have had student parents thank me for their children's learning progress because of this software.

The thing I like least about Schoology is that while it has great Google interfacing, there's a lack of some other platforms that could be useful for people who might need that kind of feature. It's not a problem for me and my company.

Rita

Bewertet am 8.5.2023

Schoology — for Teacher and student needs

Schoology is and was a Great asset to have for assigning and maintaining assignments. Several improvements have been made but it could use an overhaul of some features such as messaging. It is slow and does not keep students’ messages by class. I would not want to miss it

Schoology is a one stop Learning Platform integrating everything from assignments to self grading quizzes and tests. Sequencing and dating materials is a great return to have.

Cumbersome at the beginning (for non-users of free version) as we had to learn quickly yo get used to the platform.

Kristen

Bewertet am 11.8.2023

Easy to use!

Schoology made my life easier as a busy teacher with a split job of teaching Spanish and EL. I could easily see my Spanish students’ progress and didn’t have to worry about trying to add scores to PowerSchool since it automatically synced. I could also see every class my EL students had and could see what they needed to complete or needed extra support with.

I loved being able to assign and see student progress. We also had the option of deciding what needed to be teacher graded. My favorite feature of all was that it automatically integrated and synced with PowerSchool.

It took some time to get used to adding standards and just using it, but after that I don’t feel like there was anything negative.

Danielle

Bewertet am 13.7.2020

Excellent LMS for Middle School

I enjoy using Schoology to provide resources for my students to use both in the classroom and outside. It is fairly easy to use, but can sometimes be time-consuming. The integration with G Suite is beneficial with reducing the time needed to edit content in multiple classes. It is easy for students to navigate and undersatnd.

I like the ease with which students can navigate the platform and the way that it houses everything that students use. I also like the ability to collaborate with colleagues to create activities/assessments together and share then easily with each other. I also like that it enables you to provide feedback for students on assignments and communicate directly with students.

There are some features (feedback for the new assessments, reporting features for the gradebook) that are missing that would be really helpful, particularly for remote learning.

Eric

Bewertet am 23.6.2018

Schoology - K-12 Winner, Not So Much for Higher Ed

Schoology is an excellent platform for blended learning or situations where online learning is supplemental to face-to-face learning. For higher education, or fully online learning, it has a long way to go to catch up with the industry leaders.

Schoology is easy to use, provides an intuitive interface, and leverages the benefits of social media. As an Enterprise user, I have access to the full suite of analytics and universal settings, which are powerful. The mobile apps are feature-rich as well.

Schoology is not the ideal platform for higher education. The interface, while easy to navigate, is juvenile in its icons and profile images. And while it features a social media "wall" of recent activity across one's courses, the interface looks like an old Facebook. Also, Schoology's font, which cannot be altered, even by Enterprise users, is too small. This raises ADA compatibility concerns.

Bewertet am 18.5.2020

Schoology

They've been great. I have gotten the opportunity to learn from many users and become a resident expert in my school as well.

This platform has been a savior in the current remote learning context we are in with this extended closure due to COVID 19. They've adjusted their settings, provided support and are responsive to the customer needs.

I wish they would make blind scoring a reality in their platform for written work! This would allow us to eliminate one other platform and it seems like something that this LMS could manage.

Jo
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 6.12.2017

Flexible, fully-featured and fun!

Schoology works best for a whole school setting where different ability levels of instructors and learners will be accessing the platform. Especially suited to an establishment which intends to develop a blended learning and learning self-paced learning approach outside of the classroom. A school which confidently uses mobile apps and digital technologies will find Schoology a healthy addition to their collection of digital tools.

+A huge community of teachers and learners looking to sharing their experience and support one another in the usage of the platform.
+A recognisable user interface which makes the learning curve for new users simple and intuitive.
+Superb flexibility to create bespoke learning environments for teachers and learners.

- Some limitation of iframe embed due to the HTTPS protocol requirement. Use of HTML code editor often strips the inclusion of more advanced features such as Java functions.
- Limitation toe badge and gamification of learning.
- LTI integration not fully functional, relying on apps developers to plug the gaps.

473 Bewertungen