Duo Security Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Duo Security

Duo Security ist eine cloudbasierte Identitätsmanagement- und Datensicherheitsplattform. Die Lösung hilft, die Daten von Organisationen in großem Maßstab zu schützen. Die Lösung hilft Nutzern auch dabei, den Verwaltungsaufwand zu...

4,6

Cynthia
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Bewertet am 6.11.2023

Duo Security

Einfacher Login und schnelle Übermittlung des Codes zum Login.

Bisher keinerlei negative Erfahrungen gemacht.

Markus

Matthew
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 26.4.2022

Simplified Security

I enjoy the endpoint security perspective of the application coupled with the simplistic user interface - this is very good for non-tech users working remotely.

I like that Duo let's you know what might compromise your experience on a platform. It tells you to upgrade your android/iOS handset and gives a severity level. This is great from an endpoint security perspective.

At times - the app takes a little time to prompt the user that an attempt is being made. This may be a function of slow infrastructure, but it is hard to assess.

Die besten Alternativen zu Duo Security

Jonathan
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 16.6.2023

J.L. Duo Security Review

Duo Security was the second-in-line when it came to authentication and data security for protecting my device's applications but really fell short when it came to the execution of its actual functionality when the time came. So, within the time period of installing and using the software, I soon uninstalled it in search of another software to satisfy my needs with less complications.

Duo Security's simplistic design format makes any user, including myself, notice any and every possible feature available and if unsure, can contact their support team who replies in a very short span of time.

There were times in the past where I would use Duo Security as a two-factor authentication system to login my Instagram account. However, on those times the code that would refresh every 30 seconds was always deemed incorrect. And so I would have to disable the software's functionality and risk my account security to simply login to Instagram.

Krishna
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika

Bewertet am 10.3.2020

Beware! Customer service has been non-existent following Cisco acquisition

We have used Duo for many years. It was easy to implement and has always worked well.

Last year we negotiated bulk pricing and paid in advance for a 14-month term. Later we discovered that they had never provisioned our licenses and were still billing our credit card. Now, four months later, after numerous phone calls and more than a dozen emails, they have still not provisioned the licenses we paid for. They have acknowledged that this is their mistake and they need to fix it, but they seem incapable of doing so.

I get the sense that their organization is completely dysfunctional following the Cisco acquisition. Given that they cannot solve the challenge of "how does a customer purchase your software?", I am worried what might happen if you came to them with anything more difficult.

• Branche: Hausmeisterservice

Bewertet am 15.2.2024

Duo Security

I like how simple and straightforward this tool is. We have rolled this out for staff to sign in securely to their work devices and adds that little extra layer of security to our organisation.

At times there can be delays on receiving either the code or push notifications which can be an easy to then gain access.

Gordon
  • Branche: Bankwesen

Bewertet am 27.7.2023

A well known muti-factor aunthentication Solution

Overall, Duo Security is one of those mandatory have solutions. In the world of today where security is a big concern, multi-factor authentication is essential.

We use Duo Security to login to almost all our cloud infrastructure platforms. It is simple and minimum set up is required for someone to get set up and start using. It provides a variety of authentication methods like one-time passwords, push notifications, SMS etc. My favourite authentication method is the approval methods by the mobile phone app. The way it works is that once you input your username and password, a prompt is then sent to your phone with two options, either approve or deny. It is only after selecting Approve that you are signed in. I like this method because it is the easiest to use of all the multi-factor authentication methods available for Duo Security. Another advantage of Duo Security is that it works with quite a number of platforms ranging from desktop services, cloud services and VPNs.Duo Security offers insightful analytics which helps you track the security of your platforms. Login attempts can be monitored, and potential security threats eliminated before they can cause any harm.

Duo Security is very much connectivity and mobile device dependent. This may not be accessible to everyone at any given time. Another limitation of Duo Security is that the mobile application is only accessible through certain phones with a certain a specific android version for Android Mobile Users. There is this one time when the application failed to install in one of my colleagues phone. They had to use their wife's phone for multi-factor authentication whenever they needed to login to a specific remote desktop.

Alex
  • Branche: Bankwesen

Bewertet am 22.7.2023

Important to have.

Has been an excellent and smooth experience for me, it is easy to use and it gives me peace knowing that if someone wanted to use my credential i will be notify.

Mobile authentication is great, the pop up screen that just require accept once you are login in to the VPN is very efficient and easy to use.

When changing mobile device or phone number associated to the DUO it can be a nightmare doing the self service steps for people that are not computer savvy, within the organization has colleagues that do it very fast and some of them that hard to understand and follow the steps.

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 2.11.2023

Best tool for 2FA

Duo Security simplifies the implementation of two-factor authentication, enhancing security against unauthorized access. With a user-friendly interface and a variety of authentication methods, it offers flexibility and peace of mind for organizations seeking to bolster their security measures.

Occasional delays in the authentication process can be a minor inconvenience when using Duo Security.

Bewertet am 5.11.2023

Duo Security

Easy and secure way to protect data.
I like that I can manage it from my phone.

I do not have any negative experiences with Duo Security app.

Orwell
Orwell
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 24.6.2023

Mobile authenticator user review

For me I can describe my experience with the mobile authentication app as very convenient for the security of my work computer since I have my phone at all time and my phone also has a password so that adds another wall of security for my companies sensitive information.

Duo security mobile app is very convenient since i am working from home and have my phone on me all the time and it is very easy to use the mobile app you just need to open the app and it will show you the one time code for my computer login. And you can also refresh the code anytime if you get it wrong.

For my use it is very convenient and I have not yet got in to anyproblem using the mobile authenticator.

Rilwan
  • Branche: Medienproduktion

Bewertet am 16.11.2023

The right multi-factor authentication solution

As a result of the type of company we run, it is vital to incorporate multi factor authentication. The setup is easy, the platform works most of the time and the customer service is amazing as well.

So far, nothing that I can think of from using for over 1 year.

Lani
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 10.3.2024

Duo security user's feedback

I have used this for years and it really helped us

Helping us login on our vpn since we need this to work

Sometimes the login of Duo doesnt work and it is frustrating

• Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 17.3.2023

"Streamline Your Security with Duo: The Ultimate Solution for Easy and Effective Protection"

Duo Security is a popular vendor that offers a cloud-based multifactor authentication (MFA) solution, which provides many benefits, such as:1. Strong Authentication: Duo Security provides strong authentication to secure access to your applications, devices, and data. Its MFA solution helps to ensure that only authorized users can access sensitive information, preventing unauthorized access.2. Easy Integration: Duo Security can easily integrate with a variety of applications, such as VPNs, cloud applications, and on-premise solutions. This makes it easy to add an extra layer of security to your existing IT infrastructure.3. User-Friendly: Duo Security is user-friendly and easy to use. It offers a range of authentication methods, including push notifications, SMS, phone call, and biometrics, making it convenient for users to access their accounts.4. Comprehensive Dashboard: Duo Security offers a comprehensive dashboard that allows you to monitor and manage authentication events, track device compliance, and gain insights into your security posture.5. Security Features: Duo Security offers several security features, such as device visibility and control, policy enforcement, and adaptive access policies. These features help to ensure that your organization's security policies are enforced, and only authorized users can access sensitive information.

Some potential cons of Duo Security may include:1. Cost: Some users may find the cost of Duo Security to be higher than other security solutions in the market.2. Integration: While Duo Security integrates with many applications and platforms, some users may experience difficulties in integrating with specific systems or may require additional configuration to work effectively.3. User Interface: Some users may find the Duo Security user interface to be confusing or not as intuitive as other security solutions they have used in the past.4. Customer Support: Some users have reported experiencing slow response times or limited support options from Duo Security's customer support team.

Wendy
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Bewertet am 15.2.2022

A must have for security and log in authentication

Definitely very satisfied with it. It is a very universal and must needed tool for companies to use at work to ensure their log ins do not get hacked by other people as the notification is sent directly to you and no one else. It is very user friendly and very straight forward. A must download!

I use this daily at work when I log into my work email and work related websites. It is a very handy program (I download the app onto my phone) and whenever I log in, it would send a ping to my app on my phone which I then use to approve the log in, and then it allows me to log in. This is a sure way to prevent others from hacking into your log and ensures the highest level of security. All the employees at my company/hospital use it and we all highly recommend it! It is very straightforward and very easy to use!

None whatsoever, the program is so user friendly and very straightforward. Definitely a must have for security use for logging in at work or public computers.

Mirza
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Bewertet am 6.10.2020

Duo is the best & free two factor authentication you could use

Very easy to use and integrate into daily life. Makes me have peace of mind that no one can hack into any of my accounts. Even if they try to login, I can simply deny their login request. I have been using this for almost two years now, never encountered a problem.

The ease of use is the best feature. It is simple to operate and makes logins more secure. You can easily link your google account or your bank account from the link option available. To login you can choose to receive a call, or a push notification (phone internet connectivity required) or enter a passcode (provided by the duo app). You also have the option to remember your device for a maximum of 60 days. You can still login if you don't have internet connectivity on you phone by using the "enter passcode option" or simply receiving a conformation call to you phone. And that is pretty much all you need!

There is nothing to dislike about this software. Although, I would like to point out that you have to be careful of not giving your phone to anyone. Just don't lose your phone.

• Branche: Medienproduktion

Bewertet am 29.3.2023

Does exactly what it does!

Really, my experience is very positive. When I am disappointed, it is usually because it work well All The Time so I expect to be perfect, but perfect it a high bar to set for anything. I use three different Dual Auth apps and three physical tokens for different applications and Duo it in the top two in terms for favorite in ease to use.

The PUSH to mobile functionality is just about as easy to use as you can get. Also, I can use the same app for different authentication of different unrelated systems.

The Duo PUSH does not ALWAYS work 100% of the time, but does work 90%. Usually when inside or around electronics, but that is to be expected like with text messages or regular phone calls.

Juliette
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Bewertet am 12.8.2021

Review from Student

Good experience overall, and it is not a hassle to use Duo. I have heard very few complaints from other students and colleagues at my university.

Duo makes it very easy for me to log-on to my student account at my university. I like how it is intuitive to use on iPhone especially, and it gives me the option to call or text my phone. I rarely use the "call" feature, however, because I am always using wifi. The Duo Security app pops up immediately, and I am able to approve the request quickly from my phone. I feel very secure with this software, especially since the pin changes every few seconds.

I don't always have my phone with me, which makes it impossible to log in. I wish there was a feature where I could receive an email instead of a call or a text on Duo. I have not seen this feature at all, but it would make my life easier.

Bewertet am 15.4.2020

Increase the security of your accounts

I like to app and I recommend it to anyone who wants to increase the security of the accounts.

It has been three years that I'm using Duo. This is the app that my university has decided to use to increase the security of accounts of faculties and students. I feel secure when I use the app. You can use several options for second authorization. it can send a push message to your mobile, you can enter a passcode, which is great. In addition, it does not take too much time to confirm the authorization.

I think it is a nice app. But I think if it had some other options to log in, that would be great. I myself prefer receiving a passcode in my email rather than using my cell phone all the time. All in all, I think if they work on the app and improve some sections, it would get better and better.

• Branche: Gastgewerbe

Bewertet am 4.5.2021

Secure but Time-Sensitive

I use Duo on a daily basis to login to my company's VPN and again for internal company resources. Once it's setup it's pretty easy to use. I appreciate that it syncs with my phone so I can just click a button on my phone to ensure it is me.

I have to login to Duo twice a day and I usually do it at the same time. If I do them too closely together, one of them will say it timed out and I have to start the process all over. If I close all of my internet windows, I have to re-certify everything again so that can be annoying. Also, I purchased a new cell phone after several months of using Duo. It did not recognize my new phone and kept sending my codes to my old phone. It was a frustrating process to reconfigure everything to log on for work. On top of that, I don't love that I have to use my personal device to log on to my work device. It's another app that takes up space on my personal phone.

Gabriel

Bewertet am 22.5.2023

Duo Review

Overall Dou mobile does a great job at storing access codes and having easy access to them.

The product is very simple and easy to use. After the one-time setup to any 2fa-enabled website or application, you only copy the access code and you're in. The implementation with Canvas, which Oregon State University requires, is seamless. After inserting the university's login information, a notification is sent to the device of preference. You only have to click a button and you're in. This one-click access is dependent to applications that support it, otherwise a copied code is required.

For mobile application: The only concern is the application doe not have the ability to enable lock, such as FaceID or fingerprint. Therefore, other individuals could access those codes if the phone is unlocked.

• Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 29.10.2019

Duo Security will make your account secure

I started using Duo Security since 2017 when I started working as graduate assistant. The app had allowed me to make sure that my account at my job is secure and no one can easily access to my account without an approval on my phone. If you are using this app, you don't have to call or text your number to access to your account. You just press the push button and approve it from your phone and access to your account.

The app is very functional and easy to use. It makes the users to secure their accounts and make sure that no one can easily login to their account.

You should make sure that your phone has sufficient battery. If your phone battery dies, you might not be able to access your account on your computer. The slight side effect of using this app is that you just have to have an open phone.

Jane

Bewertet am 14.10.2016

Best thing I ever did for securing my website

Ever since I've started using DuoSecurity to access my website admin interface, I haven't had any breaches in security and I feel safer knowing that hackers can't access my website easily.

I've been using DuoSecurity for several years now and offer it as part of my Security Packages when I launch a client's website, because it's a quick setup and for ease of mind.

I use an app on my iPhone that sends me a notification when I go to log in to my site, allowing me to "Approve" or "Disapprove" access to the site's admin interface easily. I also use it to access other accounts online that allow for a Code to be entered, giving me that piece of mind that my personal information is secure.

Highly recommended!

Security Features, Ease of Use, Apps

Their website is not easy to use because there are so many features available, which might be overwhelming to someone not familiar with it

Bewertet am 15.1.2019

1-click for Two-Factor Authentification

I have been an end user of Duo Security for the last 2 years, and I think that this is the best software for 2-factor authentification. The Duo App has a simply designed platform. When we sign into the website that requires authentification, we can just type a passcode provided by Duo App on the website or click an authentification request given by Duo App. Yes, it is that easy with Duo.

Setting up the Duo from the scratch can be challenging to some people who are not familiar with two-factor authentification. It is important for organizations or companies to provide a step-by-step installation procedure to users before they start using Duo as their sole authentification method.

Tara

Bewertet am 22.9.2020

DUO for Work and Students

It is very easy to use. I have not had any issues using it or getting connected.

Working in Higher Ed and files and documents for the students needs to be secure. I appreciate the ease and use of DUO. Having dual authentication to log into email and software gives me the assurance that it will not be easy for someone to pick up a phone to access personal files, but has to have access to another device to authenticate the login.

Everytime I log into my email, I have to wait for the pop up to authenticate the DUO screen to access my mail. Sometimes my phone is not near me and I have to stop what I am doing to log in to the email or other campus software.

513 Bewertungen