Sonix Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Sonix

Sonix ist eine webbasierte Lösung, mit der Unternehmen Audio- und Videodateien transkribieren können. Die voll automatisierte Software kann 30 Minuten Audio oder Video in etwa 3 bis 4 Minuten transkribieren und ist ideal für...

4,7
4,9

Nutzerbewertungen zu Sonix durchsuchen

130 von 130 Bewertungen
Anna-Maria
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus

Bewertet am 15.8.2021

Um einiges akkurater als andere Dienste

Auch mit eher mittelmäßiger Audioqualität mit teilweise starkem Akzent des Sprechers war die Transkription besser, als bei anderen Diensten. Die 30 Freiminuten bei der Testversion sind fair.

Das Design der Website könnte besser sein, aber eher irrelevant.

Ernesto
Ernesto
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 18.7.2019

Surprisingly accurate and super easy to edit

I've just started using them but am so impressed with the results, the service and the customer service that I'm starting to transcribe all my previous podcast episodes and phasing out the use of Google Cloud transcription despite that being FREE at the volume that I require.

It's accuracy for transcribing conversations
How simple it is to edit and export the transcript
The embed code so I can add a transcript AND a player to my website and even pull the original MP3 from my podcast host so that those plays count towards my stats.
THE AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

The pricing structure is difficult to grasp at first. I would still try to simplify it because it's confusing. You get charged a membership fee which then gives you access to transcription services which are billed based on usage. I now understand that they do this so you don't have to be paying monthly for transcription which you might not need but then you're paying a membership anyway…
Also, I'd like to be able to save snippets and common words to improve the AI and make my editing process easier but that's a very minor thing.

Heather
  • Branche: Museen & Institutionen

Bewertet am 7.6.2023

Awesome value for money! $10 per transcription hour is perfect for our small usage.

They were perfectly nice to us as very small users, although it's clear that they are set up to handle much higher-capacity projects than ours! The hourly pricing made it possible to use their service at our modest level, and of course I am sharing the information with other people in my field who also need to create .srt files for their videos, so eventually we will be bringing them more business.

I love this software. It's better than any other speech-recognition software I have used, and it doesn't seem to have much trouble with technical terms, either. Plus, there's a dictionary function so you can teach it unusual terms you need it to recognize.

I would love to be able to use it offline as a downloadable program, but I guess that's not possible. Note that if you want to not pay for the minutes of "credits music" at the end, you will need to trim the end part of the soundtrack. Lead-in music you need unless you are going to go through the .srt file and time-offset everything.

Die besten Alternativen zu Sonix

Adrian
Adrian
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 1.1.2020

2 hours of interview now typed rubbish

Living in the UK I used this to transcribe a 2 hour discussion about local history. Lapel mics meant it was a good quality recording. When selecting the language of the audio I chose English. The only option had a USA flag. I wonder if results might be better with an American voice?
After paying $20 - a price I was happy to pay - I have a long transcript of rubbish. It bears little resemblance to the audio!
I will finish with an example.
"He has two daughters lovely visited the farm. So it's going to be what for either one of them but it also has a bungalow that he built ice and knock knock her way in Castle Rock selection for a while. I'm on my best friend from schools from Casa Loma, so, I don't know but I don't know that I don't know the name. Well, it's just one of those it was country."

Easy to set up account and upload audio file. Good range of pricing options including for occasional user. Speed of results. A two hour interview (lapel mics for the 2 speakers) was back to me inside the hour.

The most important bit - very inaccurate typed record. Correcting it would take me much longer than starting and finishing the job myself.

Alexander

Bewertet am 27.6.2023

Excellent and well worth the cost

Way better than Otter.ai and Microsoft Office, especially for accents and poor sound qual.Pricing is very reasonable and well worth all the saved hours compared to inferior free transcription services.

Little language support, but acceptable.It is not free, but is so cheap I do not view this as a con.

Javier
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Bewertet am 9.11.2020

First time user and Loving it....

I loved the option to upload videos that are in other languages and Sonix was able to transcribe it. Much better than other softwares out there today.

I love that you can see the closed caption in real time and i am loving how accurate the transcribe was in English and Spanish. I am also loving the ease of using this product especially since i am a first time user. I exported the file to use on other program and it was on point.

For my first time using this software it worked for what i needed it to do.

Silvia
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 3.1.2024

perfect transcription - relation price vs product received: You get more for your money than...

I am a professional coach and have given many seminars over the last 30 years. I had recorded them and have tried to get them transcribed times and again in order to edit them and publish them as manuals. I have bought all kind of software – state of the art at the respective time – that would supposedly do the job. However, the result was usually so that the corrections would take probably longer than manually transcribing it from scratch.

That is when I heard from a friend about Sonix. I compiled a few samples of the oldest, worst recordings of my seminars in a 30 minute test and ran it through. The result was mindblowing. Of course you have to read it through and there is a few words to correct here and there – but the overall result – given the bad quality of recording on top of it: A dream had come through.

I contacted Sonix to ask if they could offer me a deal as I had over 1000 hours to transcribe – and not only did I get a fantastic deal, I also found the staff are very pleasant to deal with: Friendly, competent, fast, answering your questions spot on and not referring you to some general article that is usually far off the topic – just simple joy to interact with them.

I got my over 1000 hrs transcribed and I am totally happy with it. And of course I stay customer of Sonix for all my future transcription to be done and I recommend it to all my friends. This company manages to give you a fantastic product at such a good price – you get for your money much much more than you possibly could expect. I wish more of our economy would follow the same principle – we could have a paradise on Earth with everyone happily producing and exchanging.

My wholehearted thanks to the Sonix team for the fantastic product and the great service they provide.

nothing - it was perfect from the beginning to the end.

Alina
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Bewertet am 28.7.2023

Recommended

Exceptional tool, especially for transcription of English materials.

The accuracy of translation was excellent considering the quality of the interviews. Native English speakers interviews were exceptional - over 98-99% accuracy.I was impressed.Also interviews in romanian were very very good - over 95% accuracy

bit slow, I've loaded 14 interview and took more than 1 hour

Nicholas
  • Branche: Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen

Bewertet am 1.8.2023

Gamechanger technology at affordable prices

Superb.

Intuitive functionality and ease of use. Excellent accuracy overall.

Some audio transcription was off, though in each case Sonix could do little about it due to signal to noise issues (too much background noise or poor microphones present).

Jocke
  • Branche: Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 15.8.2023

Transcruiptions made my work more effective and accurate

Great !

The transcriptions and their accuracy and easy to use.

Maybe the price, 10 USD per hour. Sometime the budgets for the evaluations are low, NGOs pay very little for the actual evalation work.

Sally
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 11.7.2023

Great product

Sonix is easy to learn, use and deploy. We used it for focus group and interview transcripts, and the level of accuracy was high. I recommend Sonix to anyone doing not-for-profit management consulting and strategic planning with teams.

I didn't feel there were any downsides. Sonix did what we needed it to do.

• Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 1.8.2019

The people from Sonix are life savers

I used Sonix for transcription of interviews and it exceeded my expectations. I love it.

The user interface works intuitively and smooth. Over the time that I used Sonix that introduced new features and everytime it was an improvement. One improvement that I loved was that the audio would stop playing when you edit the text and start playing immediately after. This really sped up the process of finalizing the transcripts. Customer service (just for questions, I never had any complaints) was super responsive and friendly. The quality of the transcriptions is really good. I cannot recommend Sonix enough.

In my experience, there were 2 types of situations where the quality of the transcriptions suffered. The first is when there are more than 2 speakers, especially when some interviewees were sitting around a large table and therefore sat physically too far from my recorder. In those cases, the first couple of words or a sentence from a new speaker would often not be picked up.
The second is when there was loud background music playing. In those cases the sentences in the transcripts would be cut short, meaning that after every couple of words there would be a period followed by a capitalized word.
But, I cannot stress this enough, this is to be expected from any transcription service. It is just something to keep in mind: if you do plan to transcribe your recordings just make sure that speakers are reasonably close to your recorder and that you avoid bars/restaurants. Otherwise, the transcripts were very good and the editing experience was even better. I cannot recommend Sonix enough.

Holly
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Bewertet am 28.12.2020

Great product for quick and easy transcription

I used the software to work with a video production team in another state - they sent me the video, I uploaded the audio to the program, translated it to Word (I loved that there were options for the format you'd like to create the translation in), cleaned it up in Sonix, downloaded it to my laptop and made notes for the video production company to make the edits to the actual video. It really sped up the process and was a great help to me. If I had an ongoing need to make these videos (monthly, for example), I would DEFINITELY buy this product!

I needed a software product to translate a video made by compiling Zoom recordings. Not only was the quality relatively poor, but there were 15 different speakers. This software did a tremendous job! Not only was it able to capture probably 90% of the words accurately from a poor-quality audio, but it separated the content by speaker, made it super easy to note who spoke in each section, to correct the few words that were wrong (mostly the company name which is not common), and easy to export. I'm not a software expert by any stretch of the imagination. I'm a strategic communication consultant putting together a video for a client in the Real Estate industry. Being able to translate, identify the speaker and easily download the information with time stamps made it much easier and faster to get to our final edit with the video production company.

I had no challenges or issues with the software - it was very intuitive, helpful, and thoughtfully designed.

Richard
  • Branche: Rundfunkmedien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 26.7.2020

Really works as advertised!

We were transcribing approx 5-10 minutes of audio everyday and it was the fastest, easiest and most economical of all of the transcription programs we demoed. I highly recommend!

The great thing about SONIX is the interface and transcription are easy and quick. Several of us in different cities needed access to the transcription and it was easy to share.

There really were no cons for us. We used it to transcribe scripts for syndicated radio replay and it was easy.

Sagar
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 14.11.2022

Best for translation, transcription and subtitles generation.

While making video content, it is better to make it with live subtitles. For subtitles, we need to transcribe each minute by rewinding and listening, which is time-consuming and the solution is Sonix.ai. It solves all my issues and forgets about creating manual subtitles after using it.

It is a highly accurate and automated process that increases our work efficiency by 2x to 5x.

Sonix cannot support live speech-to-text conversion which is the only dislike that I found about it.

TOM
  • Branche: E-Learning

Bewertet am 15.6.2021

Great tool, saved me a lot of time and money

I really loved the tool and even used it for personal use as a language learner.
I loved that there are a lot of export features including the video player with clickable transcript

I used Sonix for a year transcribing my YouTube videos and using the API to create content from it.
It's easy to use, fast and affordable

The text editing takes time and the timestamps made me crazy at times.
If the language switches in the video (rare case figure for most users I admit) it gets very difficult to get both transcriptions

Bernardo
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 28.6.2022

Research project - Transcribing interviews

The overall experience is really positive and I will be sure to use the software again in future research projects.

The uploading of the audio files works fairly quickly, as well as, the transcription. The quality of the transcript is quite high in terms of accuracy of the language and alternating between speakers. Also it really helps to have the timestamps feature.

I think that the voice recognition still has some improvement. It is perfect with English native speakers, but it becomes less accurate with non-native speakers.

Harold
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Bewertet am 5.7.2023

Great product but there is a paradigm shift.

My overall experience was great.

This service exceeded my expectations. It was very easy to use, I love the GUI, and I found this accurate enough for my needs.

With openai's Whisper and the ability to do the same thing for free, it no longer made sense to continue paying for Sonix.

Monica
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 8.9.2019

Worth it!

Love it, will continue to use and refer

I love how easy it is to navigate, keep organized and upload what I need. The accuracy is satisfactory and it's one of the most reasonably priced platforms- since research is a service I provide for my clients, I'm confident in knowing that this is simply THE best

Not a thing- infact more pros- I LOVE that they added the beta testing to transcribe straight from youtube. Makes it SO much easier when I'm transcribing for my clients- less hand-offs, less downloads on my computer. Please keep this feature.

María Magdalena
María Magdalena
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 7.5.2018

Not the best, but worth a try!

It's an really good web editor. Innovative with SEO friendly media embeds, and provides good automated service with a nice group of editing tools.

Prices are high prices and its performance could be iffy, unreliable if you work with complex files.

Antwort von Sonix

Sonix works best with high quality audio. If you audio has background noise, people talking over each other, or strong accents, the resulting transcript will be affected. We published this page to help users capture clear audio: https://sonix.ai/greataudio

Beantwortet am 10.5.2018
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 2.11.2020

Transcription success

Overall an excellent experience. You might begin to wonder why you type so much!

An intuitive piece of software that does well with a range of different speakers and accents. It captured voices from all over North America including French speaking Canadians, allowing me to focus on interviewing and giving the speaker the freedom to answer in full. It's easy to amend anything that is not quite right and creates an excellent transcript suitable for an academic audience and research records. It worked best for me with Google Chrome.

Any initial difficulty was solved by moving to Chrome.
Obviously not every word will be true to type, but a surprisingly high percentage landed spot on, well over 95% accurate.

Conor
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 28.10.2017

Great experience using this product so far. Sonix has been reliable and accurate every time.

I've been using it for recording interviews. The recording, transcribing, and editing functions are really great.

I love the editing function. Being able to click on a word and have the audio automatically sync with where you've clicked is a very useful feature. I also just really like the user-interface. I've been using this for journalism interviews, and it's been really reliable.

There were some problems with downloading the audio using a firefox browser. I couldn't get it to work. But actually this ended up being a "pro" after all, because it made me realize how awesome the support is at sonix: I emailed them about it and they got back to me with helpful feedback and worked it out right away. Great stuff.

Annie
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 15.8.2021

Awesome, Great Software

Awesome

Accuracy, ease of use. Great editing software.

Everything was great. My ease of using this software was great.

Sebastien
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 1.9.2020

Super impressive software!

I was impressed. Blown away. The transcription (which is the most annoying thing to do manually) works like a charm. The user interface is perfect. It saved me so much time and boring work! Highly recommended.

The transcription while not perfect is excellent. The very few mistakes are easy to fix and some would have been made by a human anyway.
The user interface is truly great. Super easy to use. Very clear. It helps you edit your transcription so fast.

The speech is not so well split. Sentences can be split in the middle and paragraphs could be grouped better.
If you want to have subtitles, they offer an automated mode, but I preferred to split the text myself to get better results.

Hens
  • Branche: Medienproduktion

Bewertet am 3.6.2021

My number one option for audio to text

A+++++ perfect

What's not to like? Pricing is good, output is fantastic (given my awful input files), the speed of transcription is fantastic. Being able to change input timecode saved my day. Output to PDF. Perfect.

A hundred years from now, language recognition will probably have improved a bit, but technology isn't there yet so I can't expect Sonix to be way ahead in the game compared to others. That said, I tried a few services and Sonix stood out as the best.

130 Bewertungen