LiquidPlanner Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über LiquidPlanner

LiquidPlanner ist eine transformative Projektmanagementlösung für Teams, die planen, Vorhersagen treffen und die Erwartungen übertreffen wollen. Die Lösung wurde für die Ausrichtung von Beschäftigten, Projekten und Prioritäten...

4,0

Chuck
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 26.4.2019

Liquid Planner is a Very Effective Tool for Project Planning and Management.

Our team is fairly small (~50 users across the company) so we do not have dedicated resources to just maintain the information in Liquid Planer. However, Liquid planner is accessible and intuitive so we can have several team members contribute to the maintenance of project schedules as part of their duties.

We use Liquid Planner to manage the temporal aspects of project management. The tool is very good for what it is designed to do. There are a rich set of reporting tools that allow for customization to meet our needs. It has done this job for us very well. The support provided has been timely and effective.

The product is well designed so that it is a relatively low bar to learn how to use it effectively. It is easy for team members to interact with the software and to enter the information according to each users project role. When used as intended, the software does an excellent job providing the necessary views into project status. The software definitely lives up to its name as modifying project plans and priorities is easy and the impacts of such changes are essentially instantly available. The numerous but intuitive ways to manage project subtleties such as available time, delays, etc. make it straightforward to create realistic project schedules.

I do not have any specific negatives with respect to Liquid Planner. Like any software of this class, It does take some training and experience to get the most out of it. My best advice is to spend some time to understand how the designers intended the product to be used use it accordingly. LP has a rich set of features and if used properly will contribute positively to project management.

Matthew
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 7.9.2021

LiquidPlanner Project Management that Works!

We consolidated a variety of tools (spreadsheets, Microsoft Project, email) into a single project management system used by the entire company. This streamlined our training and minimized our project management overhead. LiquidPlanner did a great job at what it claimed to do - project management.

The product was simple to use. It was easy to for remote access since it is a SAAS. It did a great job keeping track of project tasks. Each task was simple to enter and simple to manage. Task attachments and checklists were nice features that gave additional information to the person doing the task and the project manager.

The software has a specific mentality about project management. If you follow that mentality, the software is amazing. If you decide you know better, it will lead to lots of lost time in trying to gain metrics from LiquidPlanner. Our team was trained on the former, but decided to do it their own way for about 16 months. It was a long hard battle to get our management team to switch to the LP mentality. When they finally did, the tool just worked with minimal effort and overhead. So, more our issue than LPs, but LP could be more flexible.

Jama Connect

Warum LiquidPlanner gewählt wurde

SAAS plus SSO features and consolidation of tools.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Microsoft Project

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LiquidPlanner

Team input and ease of use.
Samuel
Samuel
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

Bewertet am 21.8.2018

Project Management and Not Much Else

I do like the tool. It's fairly simple to learn. Menu structure and feature overload are intimidating at first, but you get over that (to an extent). iOS app is important to my team - quick reference to projects running is very good to have and many other products like LP don't have a mobile app at all.

Overall, it's just not for me and my team. If there are better connections with development tools (Jira, BitBucket, Slack etc.) in the future, we may reconsider.

It's easy to set up hierarchy and control a project using LiquidPlanner. Feature set is very good and there are few gaps. For project planners, it's a great tool because it allows you to assign tasks, add time, and see a Gantt chart in a few clicks.

It's not for me. I'm in Product Management and my team was looking for a tool that will integrate with (or be less friction) with our current development tools. We currently use Atlassian (Jira, BitBucket) products for development and Google Sheets for our sprint management. The cons of LiquidPlanner is that it's a PROJECT tool, not a Product tool. I know LP probably doesn't plan on filling that need for a Product tool but there is a gap in that market and providing integrations with products like Atlassian could allow for LP to expand into a completely new market.

All the features are there, just need to engineer some more automated and simplified ways of managing products, rather than large scale projects with LP.

Die besten Alternativen zu LiquidPlanner

Tichaona Redemptor
Tichaona Redemptor
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bewertet am 22.2.2024

LIquidplanner task manager of online cooperations

Very educational in every way i did not think possible

liked that LiquidPlanner was a cloud-based project management solution that adapted to change and uncertainty. It offered advanced features such as dynamic scheduling, resource management, real-time data, business process automation, and calendar management.

There is not much that I dislike about LiquidPlanner, but if I had to choose something, I would say that it can be a bit complex and overwhelming at first. Some users might find it hard to learn how to use all the features and functionalities of the software, especially if they are new to project management.

Nifty und TeamGantt

Zuvor genutzte Software

Nifty und TeamGantt
Julian
  • Branche: Automotive

Bewertet am 12.12.2019

Flexible and User Friendly

We have prevented primary resources from being over allocated. This shows where the bottle necks are and allows us to apply another resource to a particular task or project if needed.

We enjoy the user friendly interface. It's easy to add\move tasks and adjust project plans. Calendar view is also great for reviewing the team's work load on a weekly or monthly basis. This provides a clear direction for all members of the team.

It can become difficult to manage a work space with many projects (50+). Details can get lost and it can be overwhelming to users.

• Branche: Medizinische Geräte

Bewertet am 10.12.2019

LiquidPlanner

Im 100 % satisfied with LiquidPlanner love the ease of use.

LiquidPlanner is my preferred online project management software quickly set up projects run analytics and provide real time updates to customers.

There are very few issues I have but I’m not a fan of the limited ability to provide a quick giant chart back to my customers.

Basecamp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LiquidPlanner

LiquidPlanner is a true project management software
William
  • Branche: Internet
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 20.12.2019

Cumbersome & More Expensive Than Most

- Like the Flexibility
- Swifted Away from LiquidPlanner to a More Time-Efficent Application, But Gave Up Several Advance Features in the Trade-Off
- Too Expensive for Multiple Users on the Same Team
- Adoption Process for New Team Members Extremely Time Consuming

- Customizable (To a Degree)
- Reporting Capabilities
- Excellent Interface with Our Client Invoicing Application

- Extremely Time Consuming to Set Up & Deploy
- Frequent Software Changes Requires Extra Time to Maintain & Reconfigure
- Expensive Relative to Similar Application Alternatives

Teamwork.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LiquidPlanner

Eventurally Returned to Teamwork, but Maintained a Single LiquidPlanner Account to Access Historical Archive Data
Jayna
Jayna
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Bewertet am 18.4.2019

LP

I use LP every day to manage our department's projects. We do not use all of the features for our smaller in-house team, but the project list, assigning owners, comments feature, file sharing and flexible prioritization features keep our workflow more streamlined and efficient. I also like that we can add freelance contractors to our workspace so the whole team can collaborate in one space. Again, it takes a little more time getting people acquainted with the system, so it would save me time if the UI and navigation were easier to understand.

LiquidPlanner helps us stay organized and keeps all of our team's communications in a centralized place. I like that the scheduling and prioritization of projects is flexible. And I like that we can adjust the number of seats each month as the size of out team and freelance staff changes.

It seems difficult for people to catch on to the UI quickly. Most of our staff took a while to adjust to the way LP works and how to most effectively use the software. It might be worth looking into more user testing to find ways to make the navigation and data entry more intuitive.

Firoz
Firoz
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 20.1.2023

Streamline your Project management processes with Liquid planner in a easy way

This unique project management tool can adapt to the dynamic organizational environment, making it a great asset for business success. We've been using it for a few months now and it has helped us plan, predict, and perform with confidence. It's made our lives so much easier.

It's a powerful tool that can help me manage my projects more efficiently. However, I have to admit that it can be quite complex to use, especially for those who are new to project management tools. But once you get the hang of it, you'll find that it's worth the effort!

Deborah
Deborah
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 8.7.2021

Liquid Planner - A good scheduling tool

Once I got the hang of LP, it was easy to use and keep track of my time.

The tool is fairly easy to use with a lot of possibilities. It may have a lot more than we actually need, however, but I can see those that need a complete solution using this powerful tool.

Because this tool has a lot of features, I tend to use it as more of a timecard tool. Know what your needs are.

Lisa
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 31.5.2022

Feature-rich Project Management Software!

LiquidPlanner provides the best-customized data and special reports. Moreover, you can grant multiple permission letters to more than a hundred people. Additionally, with this premium software, you can record the daily working hours in your project. You can simply administer your activities and sort out them accordingly.

LiquidPlanner works with a 3P strategy. Thus, this software works to plan, predict, and perform which is impeccable. So, it helps in aligning and managing your business in better ways. The LiquidPlanner has a better scheduling network and works by providing the best features for marketing trends. Additionally, you can also enjoy the free accounts here. LiquidPlanner is a highly productive tool. This software provides you with a helpful guide about the format and structure that you should follow for projects. Additionally, LiquidPlanner properly saves all your files and important documents without consuming much space. Thus, it is the better option to choose for storing significant data in one place. You should use the premium version to unlock other features.

The most unwanted feature of this tool is the complex system. Thus, users find it hard to understand and operate the tool. So, there is a need for qualified skills to use its dashboard and further operations. LiquidPlanner only works for the basic features and doesn't provide any tested list opportunities. Additionally, this software doesn't work with the user-friendly mode and thus, at times users find it hard to manage it.

Avery
  • Branche: Computerspiele
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 14.8.2018

Really powerful for project managers, less good for other users

Really powerful, the gantt chart overview was really useful while our estimates were kept up to date. Project-focused organization allows us to keep a broad view of a complex project and tagging and export features are able to generate a variety of views of our data in an organized way.

Our executive team and eventually our developers stopped using it. Primary interface of the projects tab was too overwhelming & complex. No way to give teams a link that included the filters down to what they actually care about or give people a link to the exact view & set of filters that I was sharing during screen sharing. Not enough integration with external services (github, perforce, JIRA, bug tracking). Quite expensive. Overwhelming interface meant users didn't update tasks, which meant our data got out of date. Gantt chart stopped being accurate or useful and just got overwhelming. Dashboards could be made for visibility but didn't offer the teams opportunities to modify a limited view. Not easy enough to link to a specific task, or generate a new ticket in the right place with a simple link to a user-speakable identifier like a ticket-based system. Still great for people who are technically minded and want the big picture, not great for people who want a limited view of a subset of the project or are too busy to learn how to use the tool effectively.

Dave
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

Bewertet am 6.12.2019

LiquidPlanner review

We are using LiquidPlanner to capture, track, and manage our department's projects and tasks.

LiquidPlanner allows our teams to track thousands of tasks across hundreds of projects. Features critical to us include the ability to effectively view hundreds of projects, define sub-folders (ie. summary tasks) more than one level deep, and define filter views (to limit on screen content) are critical features.

No ability to create private projects and tasks. No ability to create more than one workspace. No ability to assign or limit personnel access per project (only per your single workspace). The very limited functionality of the mobile application make it effectively useless.

Marek
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 23.5.2023

LiquidPlanner Review

My experience with LiquidPlanner was positive. The platform provided a comprehensive set of project management tools that allowed me to effectively plan, track, and collaborate on my projects. The dynamic scheduling, resource management, and real-time tracking features helped me stay organized and deliver projects on time. While there was a learning curve initially, the platform proved to be powerful and reliable in managing complex projects. The ability to track time, generate insightful reports, and collaborate with team members significantly improved my overall project management efficiency.

One of the things I liked most about LiquidPlanner was its robust project management features. The platform offered advanced scheduling and resource management capabilities, allowing me to efficiently plan and track my projects. The dynamic Gantt chart and priority-based scheduling helped me visualize project timelines and dependencies effectively. The ability to assign tasks, collaborate with team members, and track progress in real-time was highly beneficial. Moreover, the integrated time tracking and reporting features provided valuable insights into project performance and resource utilization.

While LiquidPlanner had many strengths, one aspect I liked least was the initial complexity of the platform. It required some time and effort to fully grasp its functionalities and configure projects according to my specific needs. The learning curve might be steeper for users who are new to project management software. Additionally, the user interface could be improved to enhance ease of use and navigation. Despite these minor drawbacks, once I became familiar with the system, I found it highly effective for managing complex projects.

Aaron
  • Branche: E-Learning

Bewertet am 12.12.2019

LP - Aaron

We implemented this software three years ago as our project management solution for the department. We do instructional design in the higher Ed space

I like the predictive functionality, ease of commenting with email notifications, and the analytics tab. Makes it easy to allocate department resources and understand at a glance where bottlenecks exist.

I would like to have more custom fields.

I would like a filter that allows me to view all of the projects that I own regardless of who owns the tasks. It’s hard for me to only see *only* the projects that I own because i’m on at least one task within every project of the department so every project shows up.

It would also be great to have the ability to set certain tasks, for example ones with zero expected effort allocated, to be impervious to flames. Those are basically check boxes, reminders. We like having people assigned but we don’t like the fact that they can flame entire projects predictively.

It would be great to have a view on the projects tab or the person tab that is a simple line graph showing expected/past effort/hours logged by day, by month etc: hours on the Y axis and days/months on the X axis.

Matthew
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Bewertet am 18.11.2022

LiquidPlanner Makes Planning Easy

It's so easy to assign tasks to individuals and groups alike. The level of functionality is as much or as little as you want. We can track ballpark revenue vs expenses at a glance, allocate projects based on existing workload.

It's unfortunate that you can't assign fixed labor costs, or add non-labor expenses to tasks and projects. This could allow for more accurate tracking of total billing vs total expenses at a glance without resorting to using additional software. Being able to generate invoices would also be a great benefit that would negate the need for additional software.

James P.
James P.
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 15.1.2018

Powerful, adaptive, and flexible project management solution

The blend of waterfall and agile capabilities, with a solid Kanban. It is an excellent planning solution for large waterfall based projects and equally capable for agile with scrum projects.

For waterfall: It is far easier to use than MS Project or other such solutions that require manual control over dates. The priority based scheduling engine schedules based on priority of the task in the system's hierarchical order. While this is not always the most flexible, they provide numerous ways to control the prioritization with resource splitting, work caps, delayed starts, and dependencies. The time-tracking capabilities are impressive, and it easily integrates time, notes, and work items. The mobile solution is slick and works well.

For agile with scrum: Liquid Planner can be configured with fields to capture stories, acceptance criteria, and other elements related to stories. The kanban boards can be configured with a variety of stages.

While I agree with the priority based scheduling concept, and its implementation, I'd like a bit more flexibility to control my daily task list rather than having to rigidly follow what the schedule dictates I should be doing. Right now, the My Work section allows the user only to see their tasks in order of master schedule priority, which is not always the most logical order in which to work on a specific day. They do permit workarounds with the ASAP prioritization - which works well.

My other suggestions for improvement are:
- more granular control over alerts and feeds
- synchronization with Google/Outlook calendar (right now it requires manual calendar synchronization)
- Better reporting on agile with scrum, kanbans.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Bewertet am 14.8.2018

Simple Project Management

We have been using LiquidPlanner for almost two years now. It is a good web solution that is relatively easy to use. We have had success in logging employee time against tasks, projects, and clients. It is a more robust tool than some of the basic project management tools on the market (or excel sheets). It does have some limitations that may or may not impact certain project management needs.

LiquidPlanner is a good tool for tracking employee time against tasks and projects. We use this LiquidPlanner for tracking time associated with specific projects and clients.

With any tool, there are some limitations. LiquidPlanner does a decent job of reporting and dashboarding by project. For our organization, reporting and dashboarding by client and/or by month is more important. Unfortunately, there is not a good solution in LiquidPlanner to help us with this. The solutions that exist are clunky and/or partial. LiquidPlanner has the ability to create shared tasks which is a great feature. This allows multiple employees to be on the same task. Unfortunately, schedule timelines and priorities do not calculate well when using shared tasks. It's better for every employee to be on their own task for schedule timelines and priorities to calculate properly.

Ann
Ann

Bewertet am 17.8.2017

Great project management software even though it doesn't fit our needs 100% of the time.

I couldn't do my work every day without Liquid Planner. I am constantly referencing it and using it throughout the day.

I like the way we can use this as a project management, time tracking, and a scheduling platform. So many other tools I've used only address one of these vital areas.

The timers on each task are one of my favorite features of Liquid Planner. It makes it so easy to track time and see how accurate estimates really are on a given task or set of tasks. You can easily view progress, see overruns and areas of concern (there's a red fire icon), and put as many details in the actual task as you need. You can link tasks together, create dependencies, and perform other actions to get a realistic view of a project.

Sometimes it is difficult to set up scheduling the way our company needs it to be represented. However Liquid Planner always seems to be putting out new features and their support team is very helpful in trying to help their clients find solutions.

• Branche: Hochschulbildung

Bewertet am 6.12.2019

Cloud-based Project and Department Resources Management Tool of Choice

The customer support from LiquidPlanner has been excellent! We recently had some very helpful web conferences with the customer support team and found some new features we were previously unaware of.

LiquidPlanner has been our project management software application since 2016. We manage hundreds of projects for six different clients and internal projects. With an agile team of 11 employees, this tool has allowed us to balance employee workloads, better predict time-to-market, and analyze our department efficiency and cost-effectiveness.

It took nearly a year to real 'dial-in' the software to our unique use case. There was a lot of trial-and-error in the beginning and a number of hours spent with tech support from LiquidPlanner. However, we have the tool running very well for our processes now and find new areas of our business where the data from LiquidPlanner has been beneficial to decision-making.

Mike
  • Branche: E-Learning

Bewertet am 1.12.2022

LP Review

It has raised us to next level in our production and efficiencies. The ability to see exactly what is happening within projects has greatly reduced production times. The money it has saved us internally well pays for the cost of using the tool compared to others.

The automatic resource allocation, and automatic scheduling. Their customer support has been amazing from the LP team.

Has been difficult for building internal dashboards to track all our revenue data. This is greatly improving and look forward to the new enhancements.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 12.2.2017

Expensive but the Features are Worth It

I used this product for myself, because the firm I work for uses Microsoft Planner (free) which is crap. Liquid Planner isn't perfect, but it's one of the best out there. I like that it schedules my time for me. My main complaint is that you cannot assign clients to tasks like you can for projects. It is obviously optimized for companies that work on very large, involved projects, whereas, I do many short, discrete projects - like writing a NR or a newsletter. I set these up as tasks because it isn't worth the time to set up a project. Then, I have to nest them inside a project folder to assign them to a client. Frustrating

Excellent time tracking and scheduling features, bonuses like setting dependencies, and comprehensive analysis and reporting features.

Optimized for large, involved projects and as a result the Task designation isn't as helpful as it might be. Needs richer functionality in Tasks for short projects where it isn't worth setting up a project folder.

Yong
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 9.3.2017

The transparency of the project gives great confidence to all

We are using LiquidPlanner (LP) in almost every project. Besides tracking and reporting progress inside, one of the best things is to keep our clients updated regarding their projects in real time. Such transparency has huge benefit to both side, the clients and the development team.

For clients, they may gain confidence from the project progress at any time. Especially, many of them are start-ups. They relies on the project to develop their business and talk further with the potential investors. The real time update helps to plan their future in a more accurate way.

For the team, LP is used to get real time feedback from clients. Any blocks may be identified and solved in time. And we know what we did is what the clients need and does bring business value to them.

In general, with LP, all the parties around the project get the transparency and are given the great confidence of the success.

share information among all parties.

Katherine
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Bewertet am 11.4.2019

Instructional Design perspective

Overall this is a great product.

Great way to organize your projects if you are following from a true project management perspective in which various entities can't be done without the completion of another. A lot of features and customization to make it your own experience.

After filtering projects and such, you can't organize it the way you want to, such as in alphabetical order, numerical, or priority. The filters it contains eliminates items, and i like to see everything. We do a form of project management but not in the true textbook sense, as certain tasks and items do not stop us from completing something, everything can still keep moving. Our process is a mix of qualitative and quantitative.

Jonathan
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 18.4.2019

Facelift and Usability

It's most of what we need to manage a project. Having tried a number of other project planners, I don't know of anything else I'd rather use.

- How much time did X number of (selected) tasks take to finish based on the time logged (start/end dates) as an average? Can I revise the estimate on all subsequent tasks based on that estimate automatically?
- Too many lines in the UI. Needs a facelift. I've made a subdued version available here: https://userstyles.org/styles/163485/modern-ui
- I desperately wish you could see more tasks at the same time.
- You should be allowed to select hundreds of tasks at a time (not being limited to 50 would be great)!
- I want to see a visual queue of tasks per employee spanning multiple projects as a timeline wherein each task is denoted as finishing on a specific day.
- Stopwatch needs to always be accessible, and have multiple stopwatches visible per current tasks for the day in one (dockable) panel that persists (doesn't run away).
- Icons are blurry. You need a pixel artist on the team.

667 Bewertungen