PDQ Deploy & Inventory Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über PDQ Deploy & Inventory

PDQ Deploy wurde speziell zur Automatisierung von Systempatches und Anwendungsaktualisierungen entwickelt. Wähle aus der Paketbibliothek mit über 200 Anwendungen, um Aktualisierungen innerhalb weniger Minuten durchzuführen. Wähle...

Nutzerbewertungen zu PDQ Deploy & Inventory durchsuchen

334 von 334 Bewertungen
Nico
  • Branche: Automotive

Das zweite Jahr mit PDQ

Seitdem wir PDQ Deploy im Einsatz haben, können wir mit wenigen Klicks unsere Clients mit Software versorgen. Das spart viel Zeit und mit Inventory gemeinsam hat man stets einen guten Überblick über die Hardware.

- Klasse Paketverteilung für individuelle Software- mit Inventory zusammen lassen sich leicht gefilterte Gruppen nutzen

- benötigt etwas Eingewöhnung in die Benutzeroberfläche- Paketverteilung bedarf manchmal etwas händische Nacharbeit

Joe
Joe
  • Branche: Automotive

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

Great product and time saver.

PDQ Deploy has been great for us. We use it for patching along with baseline software setup for all new machines. This has saved us tons of time, and helped to automate the process.

PDQ Deploy has been a great time saver for us. The wide range of deploying software makes installing, updating or patching quick and efficient without having to babysit each step of the process.

Understanding the layout of how the application packages are created and stacking multiple steps can be a bit confusing until you walk through a few different ones.

Brian
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Has proven it's worth

It has mostly been positive. There are a few pain points that we're still trying to figure out, such as stale DNS records for workstations. But besides this we're quite happy with the product.

We've been using PDQ Deploy/Inventory for the past couple of years to manage our employee machines as well as our Windows servers. The ability to push out a new piece of software, or to patch older software with just a few click has been invaluable with how much time it's saved us.

With a lot of our employee's working from home during and now after the pandemic, one short-coming of the software is that there is a complete lack of management for remote devices. If the workstation is not on the "local" network with the PDQ server it is impossible to manage. Having an agent that phones home to the PDQ server and handles all tasks would be the ideal solution to this.

NinjaOne und ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy & Inventory

The catered library of software, and the ease of integration into our AD environments was a significant part of the decision, but also the community recommendations and reviews on Reddit and other sources as well.

Die besten Alternativen zu PDQ Deploy & Inventory

Marcus
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 14.6.2021

Some features and .NET dependecy

We use A lot, but we thing that a several GAPs to top tools, like Flexera and Snow.

I thing PDQ Inventory is the easyest inventory tool ever.

We dont go to lastest version available because the new versions have dependency of higher .NET, and upgrade that just to follow PDQ is not that simple.

Donny
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Bewertet am 14.12.2022

Great price for a product that does what it supposed to do. Love it!

Easy to install and collect asset inventory.

Ease of install and use. Great inventory/asset management functionality.

Can't manage remote devices at user's home that's not on the LAN/WAN (corporate network).

NinjaOne

Warum PDQ Deploy & Inventory gewählt wurde

ConnectWise was provided by our MSP partner, and not easy to use and hard to get updated info along with confirmation of patches/software deployment.

Zuvor genutzte Software

ConnectWise Automate

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy & Inventory

Ease of deployment and cost/benefit comparison. PDQ wins in all those categories.
Dawn

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

It has been great. It is easy to use and navigate. It makes it easy to push out patches and software to computers. We no longer have to go to each computer to install products. The built in Vendors is such a great feature and one I use often, it saves me from having to go out and down load software from the Vendor constantly!

It is easy to use and makes my job more efficient.

I would like the Deploy and Inventory products in one interface. I understand though that people may only want one of the products. It would be nice to have them integrated together for those that use both products.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy & Inventory

I have used Manage Engine in the past and I liked the PDQ product better. We did a trial with PDQ and I liked how it was set up and how user friendly it is.
Ray
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 23.2.2022

The one challenge that we were able to overcome was identifying our computers that had versions of Windows 10 that were no longer supported by Microsoft.

We really appreciate the ability to view Windows versioning. It help us identify the outdated computers so we could get them updated. It saved us countless hours.

I can't think of a con. The only con I can identify is, that we have to take time to learn some aspects of the functionality.

Warum PDQ Deploy & Inventory gewählt wurde

We switched from Desktop Central because of the price.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Bryan
  • Branche: Bankwesen

Bewertet am 15.6.2022

Inexpensive but crazy powerful

I absolutely love it, but you have to have PDQ Inventory with it! If you want full IT Godhood, you have to both parts. Thankfully the price means it won't break the budget, heck we buy laptops for more than the yearly cost of both of these.

It is so intuitive that after watching a 30 minute video from youtube (love the channel btw) a brand new user will be able to deploy software and run reports.

I wish that this software would integrate into Smart Deploy, so I can push OS as well as software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy & Inventory

We went with PDQ because the price was perfect, and the functionality was everything we needed.
Duncan
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

PDQ - SysAdmin's Dream!

All I can say is that I wish I had found this product sooner. As a 1 man band at a company of 150 users this makes my life so much easier and gives me a great overall view of what's on my network. 10/10 recommend.

Where to start! Love the preconfigured Collections that lets us know about which most common applications are out of date, and then we can literally right-click and Select PDQ Deploy to update them.Very easy program to use and I love the reporting side of it.

There could be more commonly used Reports straight out of the box, but not that big of a deal as it's easy to create your own and run against a collection.

Piotr
  • Branche: Großhandel

Bewertet am 7.4.2022

PDQ is amazing.

Number of options and flexibility of any PDQ product is amazing. Systems are super easy to deploy and work with. There is no better product on the market, and I've been tested multiple and still use some as addition to PDQ.

There is none, but it will be great if PDQ could work without having clients on VPN in the future. (And I think they are working on it)

NinjaOne und Pulseway

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PDQ Deploy & Inventory

Clear licensing, great price and great and clear communication in pre-purchase stage.
Bob
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

Perfect for mid-tier patch management

It's easy to create groups of servers that may need to be patched at different times based on usage. That also makes it easy to manage which patches are most important depending on server usage. i.e. is it connected to the Internet or not.

The biggest pain point is that it does not support Linux servers.

Richard

PDQ Deploy for Education

I literally cannot do my job without this software. I daresay that once you try it, you will find that you will agree with me.

The software itself works really well. The hard part consists of getting all the machines to talk to each other and then figuring out the silent command -line statements that are needed to install the software. For most of the well-known software, the silent switches are well known and for the most popular tools PDQ will even supply their own scripts.

I'd love PDQ Deploy to re-imagine their local Agent idea. The last time they tried it supposedly didnt meet their standards. I'd say look at other software like Goverlan and even AWS Thinkbox Deadline (a renderfarm manager) to see how they do a local Agent to see if those would meet the criteria. PDQ has no ability to install software that doesn't offer a command-line silent switch. You'd think that this would never come up in Education but... you'd be surprised. We run a lot of 3D and VFX apps that are made by one developer and when you ask them for the silent switches they reply "what are you talking about" . Now, to be sure, this isn't really a "con" of PDQ, but it is fair to mention. If you have any software that just doesn't have any command-line automation which can run silently via a Windows Service User, you'll have to get something alongside PDQ Deploy to make that happen.

Syed
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 22.12.2022

Software Patching and Deployment Made Simple with PDQ

It is helping us to automate our patching;  and remotely installing new software;  and updating systems on a number of devices at once. Patching third-party applications has traditionally been a time-consuming task, but PDQ makes it incredibly simple and quick. Almost no problems have arisen when applying patches or software updates.  It's now simpler than ever to deploy new applications to all workstations.

It has helped me save time.  Our organization has limited IT staff and your software has immensly helped us to automate patching and installing software on our systems.   We are using PDQ to update some of our applications such as Chrome, FireFox, Notepad ++, and Audacity.As a result of Covid, most of our staff had to move to work remotely. We were able to support our staff remotely using PDQ.

There is a little learning curve, especially for installations that are more complicated. However, there is excellent documentation, and there is a wealth of data online.   The cost was a bit costly for our organization, but it was well worth it.    Although I don't use the software to its full potential, I'm sure there are some sophisticated functions that others could find useful.    It would also be wonderful to have more software packages included with PDQ right out of the box or at the very least an ability to patch in more commonplace software.

• Branche: Staatsverwaltung

Fits perfect in our Organisation

Fast Software-Deployment with a few clicks. Easy to handle. No need to visit the Users Desktop. Auto Download helps us to keep all Devices up to date.

In connection with Inventory it is very easy to deploy Updates and Tools with a few Clicks. With Automatic Deployment we get rid of annoying tasks like check and update Clients. It's nearly fire and forget :-)To create Deployment Packages is very easy. I'm able to deploy nearly any Tool within seconds without the need to visit the Desktop onsite.

Most of the Tools/Programs we're deploy with PDQ automaticaly detect and uses the OS-Language. But there are some Tools (e.g. Firefox) which does not. It was helpful to extend the Auto Download Package so that we can deploy the appropriate Language Pack. Actually we can convert the Auto Download Package to a Standard Package and modify this Standard Package. Unfortunately we lose the advantage of the auto download feature.

Timothy

Bewertet am 3.6.2021

Inventory management at it's best.

Having Inventory is wonderful. Being able to quickly gather data on new or existing PCs is crucial. The more recent addition of the Powershell scanner makes the product pretty much universal to do whatever you can think of for reporting.

The report writing is so much nicer than other options which typically require in-depth knowledge of SQL or other coding languages.

Adding a large amount of file and registry scanners when scanning 5000+ devices has caused some issues with the database growing too large leading to performance issues and/or memory leaks.

Jeroen
  • Branche: Landwirtschaft

Bewertet am 14.7.2021

Just Get It !! You will never regret it !!

It is an amazing piece of software what takes a huge amount of headache away. It is quick, easy. If you want want to do software install and update deployment quick and easy you need PDQ Deploy !!

This product is super easy to use. Most standard packages are already build for you (and every new update there is more) what can be super easy rolled out to a test machine and then production. If you want custom installation it is so easy to install/copy - install/ create little batch files or full on powershell scripts. This is super easy comparing to SCCM or even WSUS.

I had to think long and hard about what could be improved and even asked my co-workers.... and really there is nothing at this moment what needs to be improved. It does what needs to be done and is super easy.
(edit: Perhaps the only thing is that the log files with errors could be more detailed to directly been viewed)

Michal
  • Branche: Hausmeisterservice

Bewertet am 9.9.2022

An efficient solution for monitoring asset status and reporting.

- mostly easy to use
- lots of templates to use and edit
- provides a wide range of information and details about a specific device
- grouping devices into collections according to different combinations of parameters

sometimes it is not easy to debug some more complex reports, but this is not directly a defect of the application itself

Calum
  • Branche: Baumaterial
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 14.12.2022

Easy to get started with - lots more features once you're up and running!

PDQ is a massive time-saver - it allows me to manage way more devices than I could manually. It automates the drudgery of setting up and subsequently updating devices for users in my organisation, allowing me to get on with value-added development work, enhancements to business systems etc. PDQ gives me the peace of mind that my endpoints are updated, secure and all offer the same experience to my users.

I took over at an organisation with a fleet of servers, laptops and desktops that had been poorly maintained - each seemed to have a random selection of applications on an unpatched OS and there was no central knowledge of what was installed where. I was also on my own so didn't have time to investigate each endpoint individually - PDQ made it easy to automatically catalogue and then remediate all the issues out there - from the comfort of my desk!

There's nothing that I don't actually like about PDQ - my only issue is that I haven't had time to investigate all its many options and features! It was easy to get up to a good baseline and then I guess I didn't further my knowledge of its capabilities - that's all on me. Reading this questionnaire, it's clear it can do way more than I was aware of.

Craig
  • Branche: Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung

Bewertet am 14.12.2022

Reliable patching at a reasonable cost

What made me look at PDQ was the cost. What made me keep using it was how flexible I could get with deployments when used in conjunction with their inventory product. You really want both of these to take full advantage and the cost still remains reasonable. It is easy to setup something like monthly patching using the packages that PDQ maintains and updates have it auto update these packages on your system after a delay period such as 7 days then push it out to all systems as they come online. We even use it to deploy out base packages on new PC builds as they come online.

There can be some quirks with a system being detected online and it is very important your DNS is accurate. My biggest con would really be that it does not do a great job with remote users because there is no agent on the device. This is being addressed though in a cloud version of the product.

Garan
  • Branche: Biotechnologie

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

Your ServiceDesks best friend.

Amazing, PDQ Deploy has been an outstanding piece of software that we could never live without.

PDQ is an amazing tool that I could not live without, it provides the helpdesk with one click installation of custom MSI packages, pre-built MSI packages to make software deployment a breeze. It has built in scheduling to ensure all machines across our entire network have all the right software and are always up to date. It was an absolute breeze to set up and we were up and running within a couple of hours. Support has always been next level with detailed responses about almost any question we throw at them.

I don't like how vague some of the error messages can be on deployment when it fails but these are usually Windows errors that PDQ is simply feeding back.

Andrey

Bewertet am 2.8.2021

Excellent Decision Making Tool

Extremely simple to implement, and we keep finding new ways to utilize the data we have collected.

Ability to pull reports on any piece of information that is collected about any of my computers. This allows our team to make decisions that are much more informed. I've used it for targeting software that needs to be removed from our network. One particularly interesting case was to track down a specific printer attached with USB by serial number. We wrote a custom WMI query scanner and located the computer the printer was attached to.

I wish the capability of this software extended beyond the local network. Always-On VPN is not a feasible option in our environment. An agent-based option is something I would be willing to pay extra for.

Luke
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

Bewertet am 13.7.2022

Affordable option with low barrier to entry but highly customizable to fit your needs

We have been able to use PDQ Inventory to finely tune our PDQ Deploy schedules and deployments, as well as to plan hardware refresh cycles and do patch management, etc.

Easy to set up but highly customizable with SQL and PowerShell

Some aspects of building reports and collections are not intuitive. e.g. using "All, Any, Not All, Not Any" group filters instead of simple nested and/or operators. There is also some overlap between Reports and Collections in terms of functionality that can be confusing. Building a lot of collections, especially nested ones, gets very cumbersome and slows down the software considerably. I would like to see an option to use another SQL other than SQLite that would scale better.

Bart
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 25.6.2021

Deployment with ease.

It makes updating so much less time consuming and gives a proper overview about the installation states. Also using the integration with PDQ Inventory keeping software up to date that was installed later on manually on some machines also works. So if you for example installed an Adobe Reader manually that still can be updated by the software once it identified it. Update scheduling works like a charm.

Finally a product that does what it's supposed to do. And it's actually good at what it's doing. It is highly flexible. So if you just want to copy some files that works with this product as well as installations that do checks on dependencies. It has an own repository where already configured application installations exist. It can have schedules, it can deploy to one or more machines. You can group installations. It integrates nicely with PDQ inventory. What else to say than this is just great software for a reasonable price. It does what it is intended for and more.

I think there are no real cons worth mentioning. Just try and buy this software you will not regret.

Darren
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung

Time & Sanity Saver!

From day one this software has been rock solid in all of the applications we use it for. We had a critical piece of software we needed installed immediately and I was able to setup a schedule to attempt to install the software every 30 minutes across my entire network, multiple locations throughout the state. This helped ensure that every machine received the software as we sometimes have trouble getting GPO installs to work in every office. Since then I have relied of PDQ for all of my install and updates. I've even started creating my images with the bare minimum of software and just use PDQ deploy for the last mile.

PDQ is incredibly simple to setup and use. It has streamlines rolling out new software and updates, I often use it over GPOs because I know it works 100% of the time.

I haven't found anything I do not like about PDQ deploy. It fills the role I had intended to use it for perfectly.

Jean
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Bewertet am 6.10.2022

What would I do without this bundle (Inventory + Deploy)

After 5 years of using this bundle, I still feel I haven't use all of the options offer to me but it's doing what I want so everything is fine.

And if I bug down, theirs supports is EXCELLENT, fast and to the point. Never, have I wait more than a day for a reply (try this with Microsoft).

Inventory: Knowking the state of our computers is a must. Lot of our users needs to deploy to remote places (to put out forest fire), it's imperative that theirs computers are ready to go. Using inventory and Deploy help me meet my goal.

Deploy: having to built new package is times consuming BUT they have good tutorials to help.

334 Bewertungen