Okta Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Okta

Okta Identity Suite ist eine cloudbasierte Identitätsmanagementlösung, die Unternehmen in verschiedenen Branchen wie Informationstechnologie, Verbraucherdienstleistungen, Energie und Versorgung, Telekommunikation und anderen...

4,6
4,4

Nutzerbewertungen zu Okta durchsuchen

813 von 813 Bewertungen
  • Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 29.7.2019

Single sign-on done right

We were trying to solve a ubiquitous problem - how to use cloud/saas services within an enterprise and keep control of the authentication to them all. Okta gives us a centralized place to manage those passwords, automates the integration of Active Directory authorization and authentication, and it also helps employees discover what services are available to us.

Have you ever heard someone with this "great" idea? "I'm going to make a webpage that has all your links. When you click them, it'll authenticate for you". It sounds great, but in reality it's extremely hard to do. Securely storing passwords, integration with enterprise systems, centralized management of the lists of links, etc. And, if you do one thing wrong, you can compromise the security of literally millions of logins.

Okta seems to have conquered the problem. It's central management is wonderful. New employees login for the first time and immediately have dozens of applications available to them. New applications are all managed through our Active Directory groups.

It has a great chrome extension that gives you access to your links from your toolbar. The smartphone app, Okta Verify, is fast and works well.

At work, I use 3 servers within Okta. One for our "corporate" servers, one for "production" and one for our parent company. The chrome extension only shows the links from the most recently accessed. So, I end up having to use the web pages, even with the extension.

Also, having multiple Okta servers doesn't work well with LastPass and other password managers. They see all my servers as the same host. But, I have different passwords. So, I basically just turn off password management for Okta.

Jean Pierre
  • Branche: Computerspiele

Bewertet am 13.5.2023

Okta, the one provider that delivers

10/10 .I've worked at SMB, Large Enterprise and startups. I ALWAYS get Okta if the org can afford it. There is really no "competition" that comes close to delivering a product as polished and easy to use as Okta.

Okta does what Okta says it does, and delivers. Okta doesn't try to be like other competitors (if you can call them that in the space) and does IAM, SSO and Security. It doesn't do 15 things poorly, it does what it does better than anyone else on the market. Okta's support is also insanely good. I've had Okta support trouble shoot an application issue and figure it out before the actual application support even scheduled a call with me. If you want fast a great support, then you really need Okta.

For smaller organizations the price is higher than others that "offer more". I say offer more, because in reality you get subpar products bundled together that all "kind of" work. Really if your org can afford it, you'll have a top notch product with Okta that is bar none.

JumpCloud Directory Platform und Rippling

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Okta

Okta does SSO and IAM way better than Rippling or JumpCloud. Plain and simple its comparing a butter knife to a scalpel. Maybe you can only afford the butter knife, but really you want the scalpel 99% of the time.
Seth
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Bewertet am 23.3.2023

They will sell you then drop you and won't get in touch until it's billing time again

We had a terrible experience with Okta. Our sales rep left out very important details that would have dissuaded us signing up. First, the SSO paywall for 3rd parties is so massive and of course they left out that detail. For $12k per year, our costs would exceed $50k in 3rd party charges, just to connect the core apps we use on a daily basis. Second, they said Okta would work seemlessly for our customer service reps, who check in on email accounts and different software services that we use; however, after talking to 3 customer service reps, we found out that we could not achieve this using Okta, making this all-or-nothing deal fall short of our needs. Thirdly, they insisted that we pay them to get support on the product that they sold us on. I would highly recommend first googling "SSO wall of shame" and thinking twice about signing with Okta. They are hounding us to pay for year 2 when we did not even launch it in year 1. Steer clear of these guys, they will bait and switch and they only care about signing new customers.

Getting the team set up was relatively straightforward.

Setting up individual apps can be tedious and not straightforward. They offered no support unless we paid them. The paywall for SSO is very steep. Multiple users cannot access single accounts using Okta Verify.

Die besten Alternativen zu Okta

Onur
Onur
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 2.5.2024

Okta Review

My overall experience with OKTA is very good. I think it's very useful tool for security and administrative purposes.

Okta is providing great functionality when you have multiple accounts on cloud providers or tools and need for managing from a single console.

They should improve the UI of OKTA periodically.

Andualem
  • Branche: Biotechnologie

Bewertet am 12.3.2023

Streamlining User Management

As a user of Okta software, I can say that it has been a great tool for streamlining user management within our organization.

1.Easy to use: Okta's interface is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy to navigate and manage user accounts.2.Single sign-on: With Okta, users only need to remember one set of login credentials for multiple applications, which saves time and reduces the risk of security breaches.3.Customizable: Okta can be customized to fit the unique needs of your organization, including branding and access policies.4.Integrations: Okta integrates with many popular business applications, including Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, and more.

1.Price: Okta can be expensive for small businesses or organizations with limited budgets.2.Support: While Okta's support team is generally responsive, some users have reported long wait times for support tickets.

Santosh
  • Branche: Automotive

Bewertet am 7.7.2022

Excellent Authentication Tool - Okta

- The overall experience with Okta is excellent as it is used on every day cadence by all the users in the company for various reasons.

- Okta is the most efficient and critical application that we use every day and every moment for single-sign-on authentication, password management
- Okta is integrated with Salesforce and all applications to perform some business automations accordingly without having the user to login multiple times into multiple applications
- Okta has a very good features OOB which are used by enterprise customers at a wider range

- The pricing for Okta can be more affordable when compared to other alternate solutions in the market
- The UI can be more customized and add more OOB features to integrate and build custom APIs
- The support can be more responsive on critical issues at all times

OneLogin

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Okta

- The pricing was better when compared to other alternative products in the market - The customizations available in Okta are more wider than other products
vasil
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

Bewertet am 21.7.2022

Okta

we primary choose Okta for MFA to increase security for users and SSO to integrate with multiple providers and applications .

Very rich feature set with multiple options for MFA and SSO.Policies are very easy to configure . Logging is very useful .It was very easy integration with our F5 SSL VPN.

almost nothing probably most secure solution on the market.

Duo Security und RSA SecurID

Warum Okta gewählt wurde

Cloud based feature rich and very easy to config and integrate with your infrastructure

Zuvor genutzte Software

RSA SecurID

Simplicity and reach features
Chase
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Bewertet am 28.5.2019

Hands Down The Best SSO/Adaptive MFA Solution on the Market

We have been more than pleased with Okta. It makes signing into a bunch of different applications so much easier and only having to remember one password. Without having any prior knowledge with SAML, being able to set up new applications was still very simple and straightforward.

Okta has simplified everything for us. The process of setting up applications is pretty straight forward, and the number of applications that are supported is amazing. The adaptive MFA is really neat so we can easily balance security and usability to meet just about everyone's needs. The amount of work we have to do to onboard a new user has been reduced drastically through the support of SCIM and APIs. They continue to innovate and bring out new features that further enhance the usability and security of Okta.

Only minor issues with Okta, primarily being chose of wording for some of the settings that lead to some confusion on when Okta sessions expire.

Google Workspace

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Okta

Simplicity was the overarching factor in selecting Okta. They are very focused on helping nonprofits as well, and that was a huge bonus for us.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Bewertet am 2.5.2019

Okta Buyer Review

Need to provide Single Sign-On (SSO) and policy modeled MFA/Adaptive Authentication along with Directory integration are the main use cases. Okta hit it spot on!

SaaS Model, easy to provision and supports the most used applications from an access management and directory integration perspective. The user interface and capabilities are light years ahead of the competition.

Limitations around on-premise integration with applications and environments. This is not too bad as a SCIM provisioning agent/component is available to support limited provisioning to on-prem applications.

• Branche: Rundfunkmedien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 7.9.2021

Great MFA

great that it doesn't disclose what you are authenticating

Most banks and services use mfa, and 2factor. but they identify who / what you are authorizing. Okta doesn't. If you have criminals trying to access your logins. Okta gives 1 major step of security above the other. s

nothing, it's fine. it ticks all the boxes for what i need.

Tomas

Bewertet am 15.1.2024

Seamless Identity and Access Management

Okta excels in providing a seamless and secure Single Sign-On (SSO) experience, streamlining user access to multiple applications with a single set of credentials. Okta streamlines user provisioning and de-provisioning, automating processes to ensure timely and accurate management of user access throughout their lifecycle, reducing administrative overhead.

Implementing Okta may pose a learning curve for administrators, particularly in configuring advanced features and settings. The platform's extensive capabilities and customization options may require dedicated training to fully leverage its potential.

OneLogin
Sanchit
Sanchit

Bewertet am 4.11.2022

Enterprise grade and a pleasure to use!

Much better than competitors and cost effective to boot, we'll be sticking with Okta along with their several other happy customers

- Extremely secure- Support for multiple MFA methods- Okta Verify takes away the pain of entering codes and lets you allow sign ins with the push of a button- Extremely rich API support- Cost efficient- Takes away the need to remember passwords for individual applications- Excellent customer support

- UI feels a little dated, even after the recent refresh. Still intuitive, just not that pleasing to look at- Creating a scoped API key requires logging out and logging back in with reduced permissions

Google Workspace und OneLogin

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Okta

Simplicity and ease of use, cost
Yevheniya
Yevheniya

Bewertet am 28.4.2023

I am amused with the SSO feature and how it saves my time

I recommend using this excellent security tool as it has a lot of integrations for 2FA and provides my company with a wide range of configurations that could be customized on the unit/division level.

The most important feature for me as a user is a single sign-on option. I should pass the auth flow dozens of times on a daily basis to various services and platforms configured on my projects.In addition to this, from the security perspective, the login and the password are not saved on my work PC, so if I had to use the standard auth flow with credentials filling, it will be very painful to repeat it so many times daily.The SSO helps me to pass the authentication just using my phone, it is very handy!I can verify my identity by clicking the button on my smart watches, or I am able to confirm the 2FA with my cell number usage.

The token expiration time can be variative from time to time.

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara
  • Branche: E-Learning

Bewertet am 22.2.2023

Secure Your Digital Perimeter with Okta

Overall, as a user of Okta, I am very satisfied with the software. Its ease of use, security features, and access management capabilities make it an excellent solution for businesses of all sizes. While the cost may be a potential concern for some, the benefits that Okta provides are well worth the investment.

I find it to be a highly effective identity and access management solution. Okta allows me to easily and securely access all the applications and systems I need for my job, from anywhere and on any device. I can use a single set of login credentials for multiple apps, which saves me time and ensures that I can keep my accounts secure. One of the key benefits of Okta is its ease of use. The interface is intuitive and user-friendly, and it’s easy to navigate to the applications I need. I appreciate the ability to quickly search for and find the apps I need, and I also find it helpful that I can customize the dashboard to show only the apps that are relevant to me.

One potential drawback of Okta is its cost. The licensing fees for Okta can be quite high.

• Branche: Einzelhandel

Bewertet am 23.7.2020

Okta - MFA solution

Overall satisfied with product. Many companies have been increasingly integrating with okta.

We have integrated Okta with most of our apps. With MFA enabled you need to download Okta app on your phone and accept the push to login. I have been using this for more than a year and has been working fine so far. Integrations with Okta have been ok was able to read through documentation and proceed with integration. There is single page which shows all the okta enabled apps which is cool too.

There is some delay in push notifications at times. Also in case you loose your phone then you are caught up since you need phone to login and need to work with helpdesk to get it sorted.

• Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Bewertet am 19.12.2022

Okta leads the way in SSO and controlled access

Okta leads the way in SSO and controlled access Allowing users a hybrid experience for work which is safe and secure

Once setup, administration is easy and user management is simpleCompany portal is a great feature to manage user accessMFA and SSO does what it meant to do very well

The product does take some initial setting upThe product has many features that can seem very confusing and the price goes up with each of the features you need significantly for each user

Duo Security
Quang
  • Branche: Verteidigung & Raumfahrt

Bewertet am 24.8.2021

Okta for remote work

Experience has been very positive. I access most of the Apps in Okta from home. For those Apps that I cannot access, I'll just wait until I come back to the office to use them, or bring my work laptop home. Okta has made working remotely more convenient.

Lets you access Apps without directly using VPN. This is useful for working remotely since you can use your personal computer to access the Apps instead of bringing your work computer home to access the Apps. All you need is username and password, and second authentication (if set up) to log into Okta to access your Apps.

There are still certain Apps that need direct VPN in order to access remotely. For these Apps, you still need to bring home your work computer to connect directly to VPN to access them. If this limitation can be overcome, then Okta would be fantastic for remote work; you no longer need to bring your work computer home.

Gus

Bewertet am 26.4.2023

The best SSO I have used so far!

I use it multiple times a day, to access everything on my work environment and it has never failed, not a single time in over one year, that's a 5 start software!

I have used many other SSO software apps in the past, Okta is by far the best of them all, safe, easy to use and user friendly!

Maybe just the fact than a Okta window remains open after you use it and you have to go and manually close it everytime, but it's not a big deal.

Vishnu
  • Branche: Computerspiele

Bewertet am 4.1.2023

OKta the one stop solution for all your tools and password related problem

It's fairly easy to deploy and integrate an app using Okta. The programme has excellent admin and user friendliness. It is one of the best IAM tools and one of the top SSO solutions because of how simple it is to use and the diversity of capabilities it provides. Most apps and most providers that allow SSO interaction with Okta have very basic and straightforward SSO connectivity. Both the option to create a separate directory and the option to merge with your current directory function pretty nicely. It is a comprehensive product when combined with additional capabilities like threat management, Directory service, and life cycle management. This should be done even if cost is not a concern.

The item takes some underlying setting up the item has many elements that can appear to be exceptionally confounding and the cost goes up with every one of the highlights you want fundamentally for every client

• Branche: Halbleiter

Bewertet am 11.6.2022

Reliability and fluidity in identity management

It allows a good workflow and effective management that minimizes risks. It is highly scalable and easy to use. The self-service it offers allows end users to request a new access without any complications. It allows you to manage the life cycle of a user and the resources and responsibilities to which they have access.

Although it is an effective and secure platform, its initial installation is very complicated, it presents many configurations.

Edward
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 30.6.2022

Very flexible SSO

Very positive experience. It does it's job and it does it well. Okta doesn't overcomplicate anything and that makes it a great experience to use.

I really like the "My Apps" page within the browser version of the application that lets you sign into other websites you have saved as it helps to consolidate everything into one place that would otherwise be in other applications spread out.

Nothing in particular, I thought it was pretty intuitive and similar to other MFA methods where it was easy to make the switch over from other MFA's.

Bewertet am 25.3.2021

Get them all opened via Okta!

Great for managing multiple log-ins to different apps, you only need to remember one password and you should be all set with this secured platform!

Ever since 2016 I've been using Okta as a way to sign in to different apps our company use. And since I only need to remember the password I have for Okta, it makes managing the other apps easier. I don't have to remember the passwords for all of the other apps. I can also ask Okta to generate and store the password for me when I am adding a new tile on the Okta dashboard.

It can sometimes be confusing if you are using a browser that has the password manager as well. It would probably make sense if the user can be asked which one he would use to manage his password, Okta or the browser's password manager.

kalaiselvan

Bewertet am 7.7.2019

Okta Review

Overall, i am very impressed with the Okta with its powerful security standard implementation.

Okta exposes its identity API in REST interface with JSON which provide both Authentication and Authorization based on the need.So it is easy to integrate with any type of application as a front end security layer .

OAuth 2.0 implementation by okta provide token which has a validity for some specific time avoid the overhead of making extra authentication call each time.

They give different sort of strong security implementation including single sign on for both Authentication and Authorization but licensing will vary based on the implementation we use in the application.

Time to integrate with any sort of application is very very less .

You need to understand okta documentation properly to integrate the appropriate security implementation.

we have to put some initial effort in understanding the API.

Patrick
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 6.10.2021

Expensive but worth it!

Overall I've loved my experience - gives me peace of mind.

Okta is expensive but an extremely valuable today especially in today's world of cyber security.

While the tool is great to use the barrier to entry is high as its very expensive compared to competition.

Alexandra
Alexandra
  • Branche: Öffentliche Ordnung

Bewertet am 18.9.2019

Okta is a One-Stop Hub for Everything You Need

I use Okta on a daily basis to access a variety of resources for work, including email, the helpdesk and my HR information. It is easy to use and navigate. I love that it is a one stop hub for all of my company's resources.

Okta makes it easy to connect to all of my company's resources, especially when I am working remotely. The interface is intuitive and visually appealing. There is a button for each resource on the homepage. You can even personalize your homepage by moving the buttons around so the ones you use most are at the beginning of the list.

I wish you could create categories or folders and organize all of the resources on the Okta page by these categories or folders. It would help me find the resource I'm looking for even quicker!

813 Bewertungen