Über Time Doctor

Time Doctor ist eine cloudbasierte Zeiterfassungs- und Verwaltungslösung, die von Unternehmen zur Überwachung der Mitarbeiterproduktivität verwendet wird. Die Lösung bietet Tools für Zeiterfassung, Überwachung von Webaktivitäte...

Nutzerbewertungen zu Time Doctor durchsuchen

409 von 409 Bewertungen
Irfan K.
  • Branche: Medienproduktion

Bewertet am 4.7.2021

Cure For Time Wastage, Good For Productivity

Overall, Time Doctor is great for productivity, time tracking, and project management. It has the best Leave-Tracking features that send notifications if the person is still working on a task. In all reality, it has great usability with many different cool options such as time-tracking, browsing history, breaks, and idle time reminders, etc.

I have been an active member of PeoplePerHour for almost 4 years now and Time Doctor has been a great help for me. It has helped me track my time spent on various projects that I do on daily basis. I manage my workflow and pace by keeping an eye on Time Doctor and also get proof of my work hours to demand payment. I'm on the Desktop application most of the time but I do use a mobile application that helps me track the time when I'm traveling and working. It also gives an option to manually edit time and I used it sometimes when I spent time on the phone or forget to launch the application while working. The activity bar on the desktop is one important feature that I use and I love it.

I check for updates regularly and try to keep my software up-to-date. However, I noticed some mal-functioning when my Time Doctor didn't stop for the whole night and showed non-stop 13 hours of work. I had to reinstall the application to fix the trouble. The activity bar on the screen is sometimes pretty annoying as it doesn't go behind the apps. It always stays on top and blocks the view. There should be an option to resize it and push it behind as well. Other than that, I'm quite happy with the overall performance of the Time Doctor.

Ryan H.
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Bewertet am 14.8.2021

Best Time Tracking Software for In-House and Remote Employees

We at Fullstop360 are totally satisfied with the overall performance of Time Doctor. It is good for time-tracking, task-management, timesheets, poor time use, web & app usage, attendance, and payroll etc.

I have given Time Doctor 10 out of 10 as I simply love it. We have been using it for more than 4 years and it has proved to be a great tool to manage the in-house and remote employees. It is pretty convenient to install and work with. It allows to track time and improve productivity. It gives your complete control over your work. The effective reporting system helps you to figure out a better use of your time. It provides browsing history, top website, and poor management of time. In the capacity of an HR Manager, I use Time Doctor to mark employee attendance. You can check time-in and time-out and total work hours of your team members. It shares employee activity by sending screenshots. I also get help in managing the payroll. There's another cool option that TD allows to manually edit time. Sometimes, people forget to start Time Doctor and then approach me to adjust their times. In all reality, you can do a lot of cool things to manage your team and work.

The only con that I observed as a user is the 'display of activity bar'. It stays on top and sometimes becomes quite irritating. There's an option to hide it but the chances that sometimes you forget to turn Time Doctor on. Likewise, the breaktime monitor is a bit irritating. When you're busy in a though process and staring on your screen but you have not moved your mouse or touched the keyboard, Time Doctor will assume that you're gone for a break. I don't know how to fix it but it would be really cool if there's some sort of a sensor.

• Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 14.6.2022

Time Doctor Review

Time Doctor is effective software and easy to use, you can have real benefits from it.

Time Doctor helps me a lot with my small business, I can throw this software track the time that spent on many projects. I usually use the desktop application and it is the best for me, but sometimes I use the phone app.

In the beginning, it wasn't easy to use and I need some time with my team to learn how we could use it in an effective way, but after that, I can't say anything bad about it.

Die besten Alternativen zu Time Doctor

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 20.4.2018

It used to be a good product but they now lack on product focus and don't listen to customers.

It helped our company at different stage of it's growth but unfortunately is not listening to its customers anymore

It has a nice web backend The client made in 2017 has good UX (if only we could use it) It used to have a responsive product team (not anymore)

- The old client UI (which is the only one that we can use) is not intuitive and buggy. Our team very often complains about this and they don't want to use it.
- A key feature which is blurring the screenshots has been taken away from the new Windows and Mac client but the option to enforce it is still in their web backend. This gives the false expectation that the setting will be respected while it doesn't and this compromise the privacy and *security* of the people using this software as the screenshots can also collect passwords, private keys etc. Neal from support on October 3rd 2017 wrote: "Sorry for the delay but our developer has not finished setting up this feature yet on the new app. I will try to get more feedback on this and see if I could get at least an estimate of when it will be implemented." After more than seven months on 20th of April 2018 he says: "We don't have an ETA yet. All I know is that our development team are currently working on incorporating this feature as we have been pushing them to since this is something available on the old app."

As you can see the answer was not truthful (using the word "finishing" for something that wasn't started). There was also no apology from their side and they didn't write an article warning about this bug which can compromise the security of their users and breach their T&Cs. It's a shame since this company used to care about their customers. I will change the review if they finally act on this.General Comment
It helped our company at different stage of it's growth but unfortunately while growing it seems that it lost its user focus

Antwort von Time Doctor

Hi

We do apologize if you feel as though you are not treated the way you and your company used to be treated.

While it is true that blurring of screenshot is not yet available in the new app, please do know that you can always use the older app to have this function working perfectly tailored to your needs.

If you need any further assistance though, please do feel free to message us at [email protected]

Beantwortet am 1.5.2018
Roldan A.
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 10.3.2022

One of the best Freelance Time Tracker, if you agree.

Time doctor has improved enough since I've used it in the early 2014. I love it's reporting, screenshot, billing and archiving.

Ease of use. One of the best function of the tracker - just like any other software - it should be. Screen capture is the second, just if cases where your client needs to police your progress.

They might need to fix the redundant notifications. Such as it keeps checking you out if you are still working. If I'm a video editor and I'm rendering a video for 5 hours, the function needs to be intuitive or at least palpable. The software is obviously dependent on keyboard and mouse activities.

Krylle E.
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 22.9.2019

Best Time Tracker Ever!

Great! I never had any problem with Time Doctor so far.

Time Doctor is the best time tracker ever. Now they have partnered with google and chrome. I can now track my time in any google apps. That is so convenient!

No more wasted time. Thank you Time Doctor!

I don't think there is. We have never encountered issue so far.

Kristofffer lloyd P.
  • Branche: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Bewertet am 14.9.2019

God for tracking

Everything was smooth and totally satisfied with there service.

It was easy to use and very convenient, will be sharing to other friends

Sometimes it crashes but it`s okay, there support always remind us every time there`s updates or maintenance.

• Branche: Rechtsberatung

Bewertet am 7.4.2022

One of the best time trackers on the market

It is a perfect fit for any business that needs time tracking.

Really easy to use. This motivates the team to often and timely record their work. The reports are easy to read and understand.

The desktop app is sometimes difficult to install and not always working properly.
Also, to have a longer history, bigger data base for the older entries.

• Branche: Konsumgüter

Bewertet am 30.4.2022

Works well, but per user subscription fee is exorbitant

No complaints about the software itself and it works exactly as expected for a time management and employee monitoring software.

Having to pay $10 per user. I have one employee and I need to monitor her but I have to pay for a user license for myself too. That doesnt make sense.

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 21.6.2022

Low cast, easy to track hours, enjoy recording feature

Happy with the time I used it but found a different option, just interface can be clunky sometimes with it

Loved the software for the time I used it, $9.99/mo per user is super fair, loved that it tracks time and the warns the user if they aren't moving their mouse or keyboard enough

I obviously wish it was less money per user but it's a totally fair price. Interface can be clunky

• Branche: Design

Bewertet am 14.9.2020

Good but there's a ton of room for improvement

I'm not really all that excited about the software, I think it can be so much better and I know they are working on great things so that's why I'm hanging around to see what they come up with. For the price point it isn't even that bad, just have to go through other loopholes to make it work which I look forward to not having to do.

Easy to use & set up (somewhat), easy to add and deactivate users, great white labeling feature it integrates to some software, super accurate.. it shows reports with time tracking down to the last second. It is stealthy and screen capture at randome, it pops ups as a reminder to log back in and get to work, also when visiting a low productivity website like youtube (unless you are a tube marketing that is) it asks if you if that's the website you meant to visit and whether you want to work on it. Customer service is THE BOMB! Super patient and will go to any length to make you happy.

Reports are not white labeled and poorly formatted so I personally cannot send those and have to create my own based onthe informtion I can get out of the site and so this also makes the whole white labeled a little pointless because I cannot format the email that go out of TD to the clients cannot format reports to be more appealing, the portal isn't too easy to navigate on the client's end and I cannot just send a bill to my clients to pay for my team's work as they review the work for themselves. Screenshots last for as long sd 6 months which I apprecite but I wish I could hit a "paid" and "archive" buttons so that if I want to revisit, I can just go into those archives but they aren't showing when I'm trying to back tracking to see what was the last project a team mate worked on. wording for creating a working schedule and shifts is a little weird to me. It no longer synchs with freshbooks or Quickbooks which are the two accounting software I use (I like to have redundancy in my business, don't judge me lol)

Maria lenin L.

Bewertet am 21.8.2018

Real Time Monitoring and Accurate Time Use Data for your Remote Workers

With the latest technology, more effective collaborative tools have been developed to address the difficulties and disadvantages of hiring remote workers. Virtual Assistants are in demand helping companies Worldwide produce more and better results for a low cost. Most remote workers and Virtual Assistants are paid by the hour and with Time Doctor, the management can track their employees real work status and productivity time. The features are designed to monitor the agent's screens and open tabs to ensure that the workers are doing work related tasks and opening company approved sites. Dashboard shows agent status where a Green circle beside the users name- means the person is working, if red, means the person is not working or on break At the end of the day, a report on accurate time usage can be viewed. Data gives the total of hours worked. It also shows the different tasks and how much time spent per task. You can select total hours worked per day, week, or per month.
What I like about Time Doctor is that it provides agent screenshots every 9 minutes. It also shows if there is a low activity period.

Most benefits and advantages are for employers and management with the reports and actual agent status and work hours. However, the agent's Time Doctor Application / Dashboard is not easy to manage and use. Integration to company's accounting and company provided software can be complicated. For every task accomplished it should also be made available in their time doctor application. Agent should identify which task he/she is currently working on that particular hour by providing notes per hour after selecting which task category it belongs. Agents however can save permanent tasks instead of typing them saving them more time by just clicking on the saved task before he or she starts working.

Bewertet am 20.4.2018

Automate your time sheets to save time!

I saved a ton of time by using Time Doctor to track how I spend my day and on which projects. I also don't have to write anything down and then worry about losing it before I send a client an invoice. So it's really helped my organization as well.

Time Doctor has been a lifesaver for me. I am a one-person design company and I need to track the time I spend on many different projects all at once. My previous solution was to write down the time on sticky notes or note pads, but there was always the chance that I might misplace it or lose it. Nor could I generate my invoices from my home office if I'd left the billing hours info at my office. So this was a great all in one solution. Now I can choose the task I'm working on and don't have to worry about writing things down. If for any reason I forget what I was doing for a client and didn't make my task name specific enough, I can go back and take a quick look through the automatic screenshots. I also love that I can see how much time I spend on email and other admin tasks vs the actual design work. Love the reports that Time Doctor gives me as well.

Not much that I don't like about this software. But suggestions for improvement?

One thing I would love to see is integration with my cell phone. Time Doctor already has an app, but I want it to automatically capture the time I spend on my phone with clients. For now I have to manually enter in this time and must note when the call started and when it ended.

Integration into Wave apps where I generate my invoices. I'd like to be able to select a project from Time Doctor in my invoice and have it automatically populate the time I spent on it and the dates I worked on the project rather than manually finding and entering this information.

Monnel E.

Bewertet am 17.5.2018

TD is a standard in All Forms of Productivity - Must Have for Professionals Who Wants to Do...

Super affordable and easy to use.

One of the very first sets of time tracker that I used . . . and still using at the very moment I'm writing this review. It perfectly fits with my internal processes. Very intuitive to use. Other time trackers try to reinvent the wheel as if mastering productivity is not hard enough. If you're using TD, you create a project, add a task, then just start doing it. No other hullabaloo.
Another advantage is the growing list of project management tool integration. Well, TD is a project maanagement tool already but if you're using other tools like Trello, you'll be happy to know that TD has you covered already.

Another advantage is the fact that TD has added the Client View feature. That means you can invite your client/s to log in to a panel and view all the screenshots and work you've billed them. That's a trust booster for you and your client especially if you're getting paid by the hour.

Hmm if there's something that I want TD to improve on is their mobile app. It lags from time to time. And you shouldn't let it compete with other apps unless you have a super high power smartphone. And if you're like me who's into quantified self, tracking other aspects of like aside from work is just an absolute must. And more often than not, it has to be done off your PC. That's why they have to improve their mobile app.

Antwort von Time Doctor

Hi Monnel,

Thank you for using the app to manage your Team. I am glad the Client feature helps you as well.

We are working more on the mobile app now to be better at UI and functionality.

Beantwortet am 1.6.2018
Alain jove R.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 7.1.2021

Productivity tracked with ease

Overall, this is very handy and it does what it is supposed to do - which is tracking productivity in this work from home setup.

Due to COVID, we were forced to work from home and monitoring our work activity is conveniently done with this app. Although it kind of looks old school in its interface, I don't mind because it is lightweight, it is efficient in tracking browser and screen activity when it's active with you not even noticing your screen already captured, doesn't create lag time and transparent with its screen captures as you can easily log in to your account with the email associated to the time doctor account and see the screenshots captured whether you are a basic or an admin user. The last part is very important as privacy should be a priority specially nowadays when hacking has become rampant.

The reason why I rated it only eight for recommending it to others is because you'd have to make changes to the settings as the default is launching on startup. And I don't want it snooping around and doing screenshots if it's off work hours, and people tend to forget about this and some might not even be aware about this part of the settings. I also still see it on the system tray even after logging out so I'd have to manually close it every time, which can be a bit annoying. Although it stops screen captures when you're pausing it which is great.

Eduardo C.
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 17.9.2019

Productivity stile

I am having a satisfactory experience, even comparing it with other software that perform the same functions. The TD has helped me to significantly improve my performance as an analyst, this has the same impact on personnel as monitoring to the point of achieving objectives that in principle seemed unattainable.

Certainly I liked the amount of options, speaking of indicators that help us manage staff and increase productivity significantly. Not only see captures, but also see the activity of their peripherals and the apps and programs they use

More than a "Cons" i would like that indicators such as low activity may be visible to individuals and not only to those who have TD group management. In turn, that this indicator can be traceable not only in the last 7 days of work but in editable periods of time, example: the last 3 days of work

Mario C.
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Bewertet am 27.7.2021

There's no better system to use for activity tracking

I am solving employee's issues. I am overseeing what they do, and how they manage their own time. Plus, it allows us the possibility to have back-up data in case of a client's complaint.

I think TimeDoctor has become one of those critical tools that we wouldn't be able to run our business without it. Screenshots activity is one of the most used features within our organization and it allows us to actually oversee and prevent any potential issues that may arise.

Not at all. I think the app overall is fantastic and should be your daily companion.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

DeskTime
Alicia D.
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Bewertet am 19.6.2020

Great for tracking remote employees

I moved to a remote workforce (even before the pandemic!) and TimeDoctor helps me do that with peace of mind by allowing for supervision.

Time Doctor allows me to make sure my employees are working and billing their time without me being a nag. It has time clocks, screen captures, and reports, so I can see what they are doing any time I want, without them being aware of when I am watching so that I don't interrupt them or make them anxious. It also helps catch billable time and improve time wasting habits.

They advertise that they work with payroll. But the software is not compliant legally with U.S. employment law (I am an employment lawyer so I am strongly aware of this). It is focused more on independent contractors, but most companies should be using this for employees instead of contractors. For employees, you will still need to have a separate time clock and use a good payroll company. So the clocking can be redundant and may annoy your employees.

Lucy H.
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 24.8.2021

Many useful features but support for a solo user is minimal and getting worse

The customer service has been quite good, though most of the time the answers to my questions have been that the feature I need is not available, not customizable, and will not be added to future releases.

I found the software easy to install and use. The reporting feature is not as flexible as it needs to be, but the product is a big help in helping me track my time usage.

I bet that many users are capable of managing a report customization system, but no such option is available. I end up editing the reports extensively, and that rather defeats the purpose of using the product. I am the only person in my office who uses this product, so I am not managing anyone. There are features that are incredibly annoying because they do not apply to me, yet I still need to deal with them. For example, the latest update requires entering a reason for adding time manually. I know the reasons, and find the extra mouse and keyboard clicks incredibly annoying.

Konstantyn B.
  • Branche: Informationsdienst

Bewertet am 18.1.2017

Great tool with minor issues.

Last year TimeDoctor has an issue which is not going to be fixed. The counter is being looped over certain time, and thus the time is being lost. The issues happens 1-2 times per month and usually it can be caught. The bug is clearly seen when you compare your web $ app usage report per day with your timesheet.
The problem is that I have reported them several about this issue, sent them my cache files several times too, and they did nothing about that. They did nothing about that for more than half of the year. Now I met the issue again, they have all the data in their servers (web&app usage report), but they once again ask me for my cache files. Like it is the first time they see the issue.

Also note that their TimeDoctor Lite application consumes a lot of CPU time (20-30% of Core i5 4th gen), but you can install Pro version which is free.

Otherwise the tool is great, easy to use, with a lot of detailed reports.

It has all required features, and UX is very good. Everything is clear from min 1.

They have bugs which are not going to be fixed. And their support never tells you that. Asks for your Cache files, more details etc., but not fixing the issue.

Dianne mae P.

Bewertet am 5.10.2017

TimeDoctor is a very important tool for me as a freelancer, consultant and start-up entrepreneu...

I am able to maintain transparency with my clients at all times. TimeDoctor helps me track my hours and provide documented proof of work and give my clients a better view of how I complete my work/tasks.

It also helps me in managing my time better.

TimeDoctor is straightforward and easy to use.

I like that the desktop tool offers two versions: Pro and Lite, which helps you to choose the right application based on your usage and computer's resources.

TimeDoctor also has a lot of integrations - particularly to different Project Management tools. This is especially helpful with managing different clients who each have a different preference on the project management tool that they are using.

TimeDoctor is also very cost-efficient for me as a freelancer/consultant.

The price of additional users is a bit expensive for entrepreneurs who are just starting their own team, but overall, it is a worthwhile expense.

• Branche: Darstellende Künste

Bewertet am 20.11.2018

Great for knowing how long a project took!

I'm keeping on task with the things that have to happen every day as well as have a way to look back and see what tasks are done at certain times of year. This helps us plan our department schedule for each upcoming year so we don't forget anything.

Create your own projects and tasks. Works great for keeping a step by step task list for each project. Ability to edit time for when software updates and/or restarts are required. I love using Time Doctor Pro as my personal time keeper at work.

Not so much of a con but more of a feature request: it would be great if the software kept some sort of log of active document time. I tend to work on a few documents at a time and it would be great to know how much time is spent on each document without having to manually switch projects/tasks for each document. I almost exclusively use Adobe Creative Cloud programs and Microsoft programs using Mac computers.

Lizzie B.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Bewertet am 1.12.2021

Is the best time managing tool I have ever used and it gives me just the information I need!

When your team works remotely is the best way to go and the reports are time saving!

Super easy to use and it gives me the insight I need from my team members' performance and their productivity. Also, the attendance report is great and it has the option to download the reports in PDF or CSV format, which works perfectly for me.

I would like to have the option of receiving reports of who are the members with low activity screencast so I review only those

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

TimeCamp und Clockify

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Time Doctor

All the features and the good reviews
Sajal G.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 1.4.2022

Just what you need for Team Tracking!

We took the subscription of Time Doctor at the time of the Pandemic when we were fighting hard to track our team. Time Doctor proved a boon at that time and we didn't stop using it after that. We used it with a few clients who had an hourly agreement with us and the clients were totally at ease with the reports that we shared with them and with the option that they could also ask for screenshots. We couldn't find a single bug in the software in the two years of our subscription.

We had been using this software for close to 2 years and we love how simplistic the UI and UX is. It's not hard to find anything at all and it's a breeze to use. The best part is the screenshots functionality. Working remotely at the time of Covid, it was such a blessing to use Time Doctor to monitor and track our team. The clients were also at ease knowing that their projects were being worked on without any delays or hiccups!

There was nothing much to dislike about this software. I just wished it was more affordable for a small team.

Joseph S.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 8.3.2018

Time Doctor takes the worry out of hiring remote workers!

Users are generally satisfied with the ease of use, and managers are in heaven with the robust features. It has been heaven-sent for tracking our global, distributed workforce.

- Easily track hours and prove that your workers are actually working (the app tracks movement, poor time use, and also takes screenshots)
- Works on Windows, Mac, and mobile
- Customize the list of projects/tasks that your employees/contractors/freelancers can work on at any given time
- Dashboard and reports galore
- Integration with 30+ applications (at the time of writing this review): communication apps, invoicing apps, project management apps, IDE's, Google G Suite apps, etc.
- Handles payroll!

- Users have complained at times that the software is buggy and failed to track their time, but this has become less and less common over time

409 Bewertungen