SendGrid Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Zum Anbieter

Über SendGrid

SendGrid ist ein cloudbasiertes E-Mail-Marketing-Tool, das Vermarkter und Entwicklern beim Kampagnenmanagement und Audience Engagement hilft. Zu den wichtigsten Funktionen gehören A/B-Tests, Mailinglistenverwaltung, vordefinierte...

4,0

725 von 725 Bewertungen
Uwe
  • Branche: Alternative Medizin

Bewertet am 13.1.2023

Ich würde sendrgrig jedem empfehlen

Mit dieser Software sind wir sehr zufriedenSie erhalten einen vollständigen Bericht und können leicht feststellen, ob Ihr Kunde die E-Mail erhalten hat oder etwas schief gelaufen ist. Das ist einfach unbezahlbar.

Keine Nachteile für mein Unternehmen, daher auch die 5 Sterne bewertung

Vishal
Vishal

Bewertet am 9.8.2021

SendGrid - Best Email API for sending marketing emails

I use SendGrid for sending communication and marketing emails to thousands of customers every day. Sending close to 100,000 emails per month and the quality of service is quite good. Must say I am happy to use SendGrid.

The best thing about using the SendGrid Email API was the performance measured in terms of email deliverability and server uptime.

The dashboard provides good insights with respect to number of emails sent, delivered and opened. Thus helps a great deal in improving marketing campaigns.

From the deployment point of view, the integration of SendGrid with the existing email service was quite easy and can be completed easily without great efforts.

As far as technical aspects are concerned, there is nothing which I don't like.

On the pricing front, would like to add my views. Currently, the pricing plans are available as Free (100 emails per day), Essentials and Pro. The Essentials plan starts from 14.95$ per month for upto 40,000 emails a month and the Pro starts at 89.95$ per month. These plans are good for small and medium size websites.

Would be good to see if a new Basic plan is introduced for a low starting price of 4.95$ per month and offering upto 10,000 emails a month. Such a plan would be highly suitable for extra small website applications who have a limited customer base.

Brevo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Going by various product reviews and comparing the various plans offered by different vendors, we decided to select SendGrid as the best choice for our email requirements.
Fernando

Bewertet am 12.11.2023

Great transactional email platform, very decent for email marketing

By far is the best tool we've used for transactional emails, and the last couple years it has done a good job for email marketing. They have very strict policies against cold email, which keeps deliverability high.

It is very easy to use and deploy. The API is very well documented and the email marketing features can easily be used by non-developers without writing a single line of code. They have a very nice no-code email builder, but it also allows to do it in HTML for more technically inclined users.

Though it is a great platform for transactional email, the Email Marketing tools are charged extra.

SendGrid is only really good if you get a dedicated IP, which is absent for the cheaper tiers.

Mailgun und Mailjet

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Better value at the time, better customer service, and our developers liked the API better-

Die besten Alternativen zu SendGrid

Pedro
  • Branche: E-Learning

Bewertet am 6.7.2020

The worst customer support ever

I had sendgrid free, then I upgraded to the basic. After the shared IP has been blocked many times due to spam, I decided to go to a dedicated IP address. $89/month (really expensive for the service). I send around 500 emails/day for my learners. The server wasn't sending it, it was sending only 100 emails. as it had a limit of requests. I tried to contact their support service and it was terrible, no help at all.

Then, I added some of my IPs to the whitelist, unfortunately I had to change my home IP and I got blocked from sendgrid, after over 2 weeks trying to access it and adding IP, they haven't helped me or given me a proper reply.

Not only I could not send emails, I cant access my account, neither I can cancel.
I had ti sign up with Amazon SES, and now my life is great!

Terrible support, the worst so far, cant even cancel and get a refund =/

Free trial
easy api integration
cheap and good user interface

terrible support

Zuvor genutzte Software

Amazon SES

used in the past

Bewertet am 1.4.2024

Using SendGrid As An SMTP Service (Integrating With Other Software)

Overall we're really happy with SendGrid and have been using them for years now with no thought of moving or going back to our old method (which was just sending all of our emails over our regular SMTP details, which came with lots of drawbacks and undelivered emails).

We like how SendGrid provides us with a central platform which we can send emails to from our multiple other Platforms and have them all sent together from one Platform. It was also really useful for us to be able to purchase a Static IP Address just for ourselves, as this has increased both our reputation and the amount of our emails which are delivered now vs before we moved to SendGrid.

The initial setup, getting a Static IP Address and learning about the reporting features took a little bit of time to get used to, however this is probably to be expected with this type of product and it did not take us too long. We also had to "warm up" the new Static IP Address which we purchased, which meant sending some emails over a Shared Pool IP Address for so many days but, again, this is probably to be expected to help with reputation etc.

• Branche: Gastgewerbe

Bewertet am 4.12.2023

SendGrid is one of my favorite email platforms.

Sendgrid lives up to its reputation as a market leader for email. Be it marketing, authentication and transactional emails. It provides a plethora of options and functionality that meet most business needs.

The fact I use sendgrid for transactional emails says a lot. The api intergration is a breeze, as are all of its parameters available. The email monitor tools as well as the disposable email detection have proven particularly useful. Third party intergration is easy with the likes of Firebase, FaunaDB and node cloud functions.

There isn't any particular thing I have a disliking for in all honesty.

MailerLite

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

The api was more approachable compared to some other services on the market. With emphasis on transactional email.
Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 22.8.2022

We wanted to try using a new tool

The developers started using Sendgrid to confirm that the emails provided on the portals we created were valid ones. Later on, our marketing team also started to use Sendgrid to blast emails and follow up on how our users interacted with the content we sent. We used to work on another software but we didn't use it's full package and we found it too expensive. So, we ended up switching to Sendgrid and it's doing a good job so far.

Not the easiest software to use to be honest. The visual of it is just too much information dispayed directly, can be very confusing at first.

Bewertet am 31.8.2020

Great for easy bulk email sending

Sending emails without having to manually manage and handhold them through the process.

Easy to connect up and set up delivery of email, handles any bounces, spam reports, link tracking and continually trying to deliver. Allows set up of email authentication including SPF, DKIM and DMARC.

Sometimes things fail and can take a while to get to the bottom of, some of the reporting feels lack lustre and limited given the volume of emails we send. Support has at times been slow to get back to us, although they always do come back with answers.

Amazon SES

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Had used it previously for a large scale operation.
Divaldo
Divaldo
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 20.10.2023

Fantastic solution for transactional emails

SendGrid is one of the best solutions for me in the transactional email service because it's easy to start using, the free version is generous and the more affordable paid version isn't bad.

I stopped using it simply because I found another even simpler solution, with lower prices and excellent support. Other than that I would continue to use it.

Richard
Richard

Bewertet am 14.9.2022

Not the best

I would have liked to continue with SendGrid since we spend time upfront in its implementation, but we simply could not continue once we came to the conclusion that it was simply not performing for us as well as other ESPs.

The pricing and implementation were easy enough but once we ran into some issues with email deliverability I felt like I had to school them on what to do.

It did not adapt to our needs, primarily deliverability.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

I chose all of those options but went with SendGrid originally due to price, ease of implementation and positive email reviews.
Olivier JM
Olivier JM
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 26.4.2021

A good way to send and manage your emails via an API

The overall usage was really smooth and it is a product I would chose to use again If I am to integrate emails in any app.

Easy to integrate with different types of backend, I tried it in nodejs and ruby and it just worked. one of its nice feature is the email builder that allows you to drag and drop as you customize the reusable email templates, this boots productivity by much. I would highly recommend this to non coders as an easy implementation.

Most things are well documented but somethings are missing like receiving external emails via sendgrid webhooks wasn't clearly documented so we had to go around it.
another issue was not being able to properly filter all outgoing emails in sendgrid dashboard.

Mailgun

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Some of the administrators we have who were supposed to use sendgrid didn't have a coding background, having a clean email template builder with a graphical interface that you can easily drag and drop was a big factor.
Pius
  • Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 26.4.2022

SendGrid

Sendgrid handles all my mailing campaigns and I have stuck with it from day one to date. I like the email deliverability and tracking metrics offered by SendGrid and will stick with it for the foreseeable future as everything works smoothly.

It was very easy to integrate with my existing stack. SendGrid has really worked hard to make sure it's easy to use their software with other services out there. Most website builders by default ask you to integrate Sendgrid as your emailing service, and that was the case with my website builder. It was really easy for me to get started as all I had to do was add an API key in a provided input field. SendGrid did all the heavy lifting and I did not have to do any coding or even go through the API documentation(which by the way is very comprehensive ). You fill that that is the case in so many services that integrate with SendGrid, integration is light-work.

It is a little expensive, especially when sending a tonne of emails out and having a lot of contacts. Your email totals low-key add up when you have multiple drip campaigns and transactional emails set up. If you have a small budget it's really difficult to get measurable success on SendGrid as I found out when I just started while having a very low budget. The best way to get the best out of SendGrid is with a substantial budget, and that's a bummer when starting out.

Mailchimp und AWeber

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

I choose Sendgrid because it was really easy to set up with my stack of Bubble and Zapier without any code of using the API documentation.
  • Branche: Versicherung

Bewertet am 31.7.2023

SendGrid - You pay for reliability

Easy to set up, secure and verbose logging and reporting make this an easy choice for SaaS email relaying. While there is a marketing portion to this application, we don't use it so I can't speak of it.

I don't think the email API service has ever had a technical downtime where it doesn't work in the many years we have used it. The API itself is very easy to use and use the least privileges. Integrating the API into your SEIM or reporting platform (Power Bi for example) is also really easy to do and gives verbose information.

Email reputation can be a concern in ensuring your emails are delivered externally unless you want to pay extra, otherwise, the lower tiers are fine and still have decent deliverability %'s, typically above 95%'s.

Suman

Bewertet am 11.2.2021

Using Heroku and SenGrid is Painful

The tool is good. But their initial configuration is so terrible I recently moved to SendInBlue. This tool used to be so good but trying to make it secure they just ruin it for devs. The customer supports is not really responsive. In past years they have grown so quickly they could not keep up their old qualities.

It has a really good transactional API and the dynamic template is nice and easy to use. Ruby gem for SendGrid is good as well.

The configuration part is terrible. When you add Sendgrid add-on through Heroku it gets blacklisted instantly. When you tried to a new account the signup process is terrible. They have added 2FA and sender authentication that is a good thing but that is a nightmare for a project with multiple devs and having multiple environments. They need to add features for developers.

Brevo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

I decide to choose SendInBlue over SendGrid because they have become terrible with their initial configuration.
JIll
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 23.2.2022

Sendgrid Review

I have had many frustrating experiences working with this platform and spent more time using this then I would like to. I would likely not recommend this in comparison to other similar platforms like mailchimp.

The site is pretty straight forward and easy to navigate.

There are a lot of technical kinks that need to be worked out. Simple things like copy and paste, moving items around, etc. often do not work and will kick me out of the program. This often does not save my work even though it 'automatically' saves. Also, minor changes to specs often messes up the entire layout, causing me to have to start over.
It would also be nice if you had the option to view emails from a browser, as we use this site for a newsletter and having the option to download this/upload a link to a website would be helpful.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

I did not choose. But would choose switching to mailchimp if I could.
Jordan
Jordan

Bewertet am 23.10.2019

Sendgrid is great

Was great for sending transactional, automated emails. API integration with my app was a breeze.

Love the UI, the simplicity of the setup, the training / onboarding videos, and the ease-of-use. It's a great tool. Also, the visual template builder is great.

I ended up switching to Mailgun just to test things out - and honestly, they're both pretty amazing, but I stuck with Mailgun because (at least at the time I switched) they had a more generous "free" plan.

Sendgrid is great though!

Mailgun

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Well, I do use both still, but probably use Mailgun more honestly - just because they have a more generous "Free" tier. But Sendgrid is just as good, honestly.
Taha Burhan
Taha Burhan
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 29.7.2022

SaaS Product Email Journey

We use Sendgrid for email automation of our saas product. We plan emails from Sendgrid that will facilitate the journey of our customers in many different scenarios. Since it is very easy to use, we can quickly create templates specific to our company. Also, the email delivery speed is very good and this is very important for us.

It's really easy to integrate quickly with just one API key. When I learned that it is also preferred by many large businesses, my confidence increased considerably.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

Bewertet am 25.7.2018

Sendgrid shines on mass mailing, but lacks some required features

Transactional email

Sendgrid is ready for your scale. From the smallest Saas apps to the largest enterprises, Sendgrid was built with scale in mind. It handles transactional emails very well, and is relatively simple to integrate into your codebase or product workflow. Templates come out of the box, but some coding knowledge is needed to style transactional emails. All templates can be easily versioned.

Concerns on security and blacklisting are limited. As long as you follow their recommendations, Sendgrid will deliver your email.

Pricing is very fair and generous. In years of use, I've never gone over a plan limit.

Functionality can be limited in interesting ways depending on your plan. On the most basic paid plans, several code features are just missing. Reporting is the most glaring issue, with basic reporting showing only a rolling group of recently sent emails. Without a deeper dive into your logs, you may miss issues.

Transactional emails also lack some features that seem required, like weblinks for email and easy native unsubscribe. There are workarounds for both, but not without challenges. Version tracking for templates is also completely missing, unless you use new versions for each edit you make.

Garret

Bewertet am 9.7.2020

Worst Customer Support (even for Pro Users)

Overall I would say I'm extremely disappointed with the customer support with SendGrid, especially as a paid Pro user. We have sent over 2M emails and an AI tool flagged our account which was then immediately shut-down without any contact from SendGrid to get more information or validate why it was shut-down. After multiple hours calling thru phone banks I was able to get someone live who couldn't help me at all and said they would reach out to compliance and call-back within 30 minutes.

It has been over 8 hours and I have reached out several more times with no follow-up or resolution to our account.

integration process with our product was fairly straight forward and on-going maintenance is low cost.

as a customer for more than 7 years I have been satisfied with the service. The platform, per the conversation with the customer support team, has seen a large rise in fraud and has begun banning clients regularly even when compliance hasn't completed a diligence process. This has resulted in a large amount of "false positive" cases.

When they ban your account, there is no notification. It just says you aren't authorized to access your account. Even if you are paying for Pro support you have no ability to access your account to call support. You have to submit a ticket and then wait 24 hours+ to get a call back.

Mohammad Iqbal
Mohammad Iqbal

Bewertet am 1.2.2021

Send Grid - Review

I am benefiting by using Send Grid for sending email alerts to the users of our applications via email for their preferred choices of information. The overall experience with Send Grid is great in technicalities and features however seeks improvement in response time by customer services.

A free plan is the most attractive thing they offer. Their free plan is for life long tenure. It is easy to integrate the Send Grid with almost any software. It offers a choice to integrate using their API or connect through SMTP. Their dashboard and reports are very detailed.

It seeks improvement in multiple areas like customer services, business intelligence and error messages. There user interface also confuses sometime.

Mauro
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 15.9.2020

Very simple

Send massive mail with this service is very simple

Maybe the price for thousands mail in a month is too expensive.

• Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 6.10.2020

HORRIBLE customer support

I was a happy customer until July 2020, when suddenly my account was locked "for compliance reasons". I am not a spammer, I only used Sendgrid to relay email to my customers (who want all the email I relay to them). When I was locked, and then summarily terminated, I had no recourse. I provided lots of evidence that I was not a spammer, but the compliance team did not speak with me at all. Customer support took 25 DAYS to respond to my initial ticket, then cut me off 6 days later (no warnings, no recourse, just shut down).

What is worse is that my customers discovered that every email they had that had a link in it, had the link rewritten to be a Sendgrid redirect URL. And since they terminated my account, this meant that my customers could not click on those links any more, and their emails were being held hostage. I tried for 2 weeks to get in touch with them (trouble tickets, emails, and phone calls) and never got a reply to anything.

This is a TERRIBLE company to do business with.

It was easy to set up, and worked perfectly until it didn't; then, customer support was non-existent.

Customer support does not answer emails. Compliance team does not speak with me, I could not determine what I had done wrong. They simply left me in the lurch, and held my email hostage.

Shuhan

Bewertet am 26.2.2021

Unacceptable random errors for a utility product

Generally set and forget for the years that we've used them, but reliability has been a major problem recently -- see cons.

Ever since last September, we've had about a 1% error rate with Sendgrid due to random 406 errors. Based on what we've seen on the internet, we're not the only ones. As a utility integration that the rest of our software depends on, this is wholly unacceptable. Imagine your product, and imagine that 1% of emails your product sends just randomly fail.

Sadly, their support has no drive to actually solve the problem. We've been back and forth with their support for months now with no resolution. The last three interactions are about them asking about a different key in our request, one key at a time. This is the interaction after "escalation". At this point, we might get through describing a single API request by the end of the year.

Strongly recommend to just go with any other vendor that actually works. As a utility play, there is no way you can afford to spend time worrying about whether your email provider is reliable.

Ryan

Bewertet am 1.3.2019

Long time customer with 15+ active accounts

SendGrid was the first to market and has grown more and more powerful over the years, while keeping pricing low and even free pending your needs. Excited to continue plugging it into my side projects and companies.

I've used SendGrid for years. They have a 1-click "provision" feature inside the Heroku app store that starts at $0 /month until you hit profit-worthy volume (10k+ emails /month).

The API for sending transactional emails is great, however I have not tried their email marketing feature.

I'm such a big SendGrid fan, in fact, that I built a free SendGrid analytics tool that generates reports for other customers (+ myself) to send better transactional emails: https://lesstransactional.com.

While building our free SendGrid analytics tool, it became apparent that the "Email Activity" API has a much lower rate limit (ie 10 requests per 5 minutes) than the regular sending APIs.

This required us to make restrictive changes to the app at the last minute, and their support team was unwilling to increase the rate limit for our use case.

Emiliano
Emiliano
  • Branche: Eventservice

Bewertet am 11.1.2024

One of the best ESP around

Overall SendGrid offers a great service with competitive pricing and great performance. Unfortunately the deliverability for emails hosted on Microsoft servers is not that good and other providers might be needed in those cases.

SendGrid is a well priced ESP with great delivery performance, near instant webhooks and highly configurable. Their API is quite straightforward to use, minimizing integration costs.

When using a shared IP, deliverability to Microsoft hosted email addresses is really bad, most emails sent to Outlook or Microsoft 365 organizations end classified as SPAM and the only workaround withing SendGrid is to have a higher cost plan with dedicated IP addresses, having to build the IP reputation from scratch. Also support takes days to reply to most concerns.

725 Bewertungen