Bókun Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Zum Anbieter

Über Bókun

Bokun ist ein cloudbasiertes Buchungsmanagementsystem, das Reise- und Tourismusunternehmen dabei unterstützt, Buchungswebsites zu erstellen und Reservierungen, Preise, Zahlungen und mehr zu verwalten. Die Plattform verfügt über...

4,6

Nutzerbewertungen zu Bókun durchsuchen

356 von 356 Bewertungen
Henk-Jan
Henk-Jan

Bewertet am 21.9.2018

Pleasure to work with Bokun

We are quite satisfied having chosen Bokun. Besides being a well functioning tour booking and management system, it allows you to expand your business easily by assigning agents, affiliates and joining other marketplaces.

The look & Feel is great and obviously much effort was put into this. The whole system is fairly intuitive and quick to learn. The help documentation is extensive and written well. Should you not find your answer the help team is quick to respond. Fairly easy to set up, the web modules all look good, the dashboard works well in managing your sales and tours in real time. Setting up agents and affiliates also fairly easy to accomplish. Integration with marketplaces such as Viator also quite smooth, all in all, a good experience and would definitely recommend using.

One small issue, no warning when an agents credit is about to reach its limit but we can live with it :-)

Hi Henk-Jan,

Thank you for your kind review of Bokun and the team! We're glad that you have had a positive experience with us, and we hope to continue that in the future.

We value our users' feedback, as it's a reflection of how we can improve and serve you better. Your agent overdraft limit is a great feature suggestion that we will forward along to our Product team to look into in the future.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other feedback. We're always happy to hear from our users and learn how we can work better together.

- Bokun Support

Beantwortet am 30.4.2019
Viktoria
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 22.1.2021

The only booking software with options to match all needs

We used it as an operator (selling our products), as a reseller (selling others products) and through the API which we used in the software we were building. It was very easy to use and set up and offered help whenever we needed. As we were using the API we talked to both developers and customer support often and they were kind and helpful.

Whatever we needed it to do, it did. Rare were the cases when we could not set up products as we wanted them and then the developers listened and made the options available. If you are looking for software to offer your tours or sell other companies' products, Bókun is the way to go.

Sometimes it had down time that lasted for longer periods of time.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

Because of the lower price and because they offered the largest number of activities in the countries we were interested in.
Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 15.4.2020

Technical errors & unfriendly policies

We use bokun for booking of tour products via our website. However, after negative experiences with Bokun we are now looking for a better option - luckily there are countless better booking software products out there.

The possibility for resellers to gain access to your products.

Fairly many bugs in the system and exploitative terms & conditions. For tour operators: If a tour gets cancelled by the customer for whatever reason (sickness, travel restrictions due to covid 19, change of travel plans etc.) Bokun keeps all fees paid for the bookings if it is cancelled later than 1 month after the booking was placed by the customer. In total our company has lost about 10k NOK due to this policy, and we are expecting to loose quite significant amounts due to all the covid 19 related cancellations. While we refund the customer, being an understanding company that treats our guests with respect and doesn't take money for a tour that the guest cannot attend due to the world being in a crisis, bokun still takes the fees leaving the tour operator not only without income but with the burden of having to pay a fee for a booking that was cancelled!! At the same time their marketing strategy is trying to make them seem understanding and helpful to its users. Pure hypocricy! After having used bokun for quite some time now we have decided to look for an alternative booking system with less technical issues, provided by a company that values its customers and treats them fairly.

Antwort von Bókun, A TripAdvisor Company

We are sorry to hear about your poor experience. Our support team is here to help. We believe that this particular issue has been rectified, but please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected].

To clarify a bit, we only charge a service fee for bookings made on your website when using our online booking engine; all bookings from other channels such as offline, from OTAs, or travel agents come at no charge from Bokun. We don't charge a fee for cancelled direct online bookings that are cancelled within the same month as the booking. But we do not automatically refund for past fees you've already paid to Bokun for bookings made in previous months.

We do hope that clarifies, and again our support team is here to help always, and especially during this difficult time.

The Bokun Team

Beantwortet am 23.4.2020

Die besten Alternativen zu Bókun

Rae
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Immense value for money

In my opinion BOKUN is the market leader for tour software that would suit ANY sized business. Their support is terrific and they are helping us grow our business with their channel manager functions. We have direct connections to major OTAs including Trip Adivsor/ Expedia and can also offer private booking areas for hotels and small retail travel agents with personalised pricing & currency.
So far anything that I've wanted when I started, or decided along the way that I've wanted- they've delivered. I'm obviously stoked with the product.

We have been using Bokun for roughly six months now. I spent 12 months trying and discarding other online platforms for tour sales because they were either too hard to use (even for a techie like me) or they lacked functionality. We were starting with almost no online sales and as a small business our budget was quite low. I was looking for a system with lots of functionality, connections to the OTA's and scaleable pricing. AND BOY did I find it!

There's nothing I don't like- just take note that with an amazing array of functions comes many moving parts. You need to be quite good to manage it all- but if in doubt their support is terrific and can take the hard parts off your hands.

Warum Bókun gewählt wurde

We needed added functionality.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

Added functionality & a beautiful interface. PRICING also.

Hi Rae,
Thank you so much for your review! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any product suggestions or any questions in the future -- we're here to help!

Beantwortet am 10.12.2019
Adie

Bewertet am 1.9.2020

Helpful to manage and grow bussines tour and activities

I can grow my company and easy manage booking ,create product and also can be partner with others through this software.So I will keep use this bokun software.

The feature is very helpful to load,manage all of product we need.All of that is very easy to use also for beginner.This software can integrate with web and any and easy to create widget.

the feature always updating following our needs.All of step very familiar,no need expert to use this software.I can create own website in this software also they integrating with payment gateway like TrustMyTravel.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

Bokun connected with tripadvisor,viator and other OTA when the first time I know this software
Brian

Bewertet am 25.4.2020

Great product with awesome features

This software has lots of great features. I like everything about the software and the customer service is smooth and always friendly.

The idea of using software to centralize our sales from different channels is simply amazing. Bokun helped us put in order many of our internal processes. Plus, it's simply useful to use the Marketplace to find new partners.

I'm pretty good with technology but it was hard for some of my colleagues to understand the functionality of Bókun. I guess a better design would help. Also, trying to make things more simple and user-friendly would be great.
And sometimes it delays to load but not sure what the reason would be.

Rezdy und TrekkSoft

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

Great price, great features, video tutorials to help, and from the very first moment they got my attention when I could see how easy it was to manage all our bookings.
Alexandra

Bewertet am 31.5.2020

All in one easy and friendly to use

I'm selling my tours in several websites and agents, and Bokun was the best choice that I could have done for my company. Tried other before and this one got me to where I wanted.

When I came across with Bokun I thought it would be another headache... I was so wrong. Easy to use, friendly and suoer nice costumer support.

I would love to have more time to explore all the features more detailed. So far I haven't seen any negative points.

TrekkSoft

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

Easy to use, friendly approach, very reasonable price, no monthly fees, integration.
Nils

Bewertet am 26.11.2019

Great software for tour operating with online sales channel

Bokun is incredibly easy to set up and use, while offering tons of features and an incredibly helpful support team.

Some features were interlinked and required us to set up a chain of different things, which got a bit confusing at times. This has, however, been mostly resolved by recent updates.

Hi Nils,
Thank you for your review. We are always updating the Bokun product based on feedback from customers like you, so we're happy to hear that recent product updates have resolved some of your concerns. Please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected] if there are other enhancements you would like to see added to Bokun.

Beantwortet am 27.11.2019
Adam
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Bewertet am 30.7.2019

Would 100% Recommend

Overall an amazing experience. I’m a big advocate for Bokun.

Implementing Bokun is one of the best decisions we have made. We were not using a reservation management took before. It has saved us at least 3-4 hours a day of booking management. It has enabled us to significantly scale our growth. The customer experience has vastly improved with the availability manager, booking widget and automated emails. Pricing can’t be beat.

There are some bugs that have taken long to fix, some still ongoing many months after launching. Movement seems to be a bit slow

FareHarbor

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

Pricing/extra fees for our customers was the biggest factor initially.
Cham

Bewertet am 7.3.2024

Automation with Bokun

Personalised customer service is impressive

UI/UX of the app could be better. Its a bit overwhelming at first.

Jason

Bewertet am 23.7.2019

Review of Bokun Software

Bokun makes the management of reservations and finances much easier and much more efficient for us.

Great API connectivity with key partners to ensure that our reservation information is up-to-date and accurate. Easy to add schedules, make modifications and update as necessary.

Still missing important features with incoming bookings that are necessary for our work: notably we receive no information on the language of the activity of the reservation. We also cannot create one-off bookings/reservations of on request services; if we were able to create orders with one-time products/services instead of being restricted to selecting something form the catalogue, Bokun would satisfy all of our reservation needs.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

At the time, the size of Bokun corresponded with the size of our company, which was excellent as we were sure they would understand our specific needs and point of view when using the platform.

Hi Jason,
Thank you for your review and for your feedback. We are always updating and improving the Bokun product, and we appreciate your suggested product updates! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other suggestions.

Beantwortet am 24.7.2019
Robert
  • Branche: Eventservice

Bewertet am 27.11.2019

Great platform

It is easily compatible with our homepage. It's very easy to implement products from Bokun to any platform.

It has limited payment providers. I would love to have also Izettle as a payment provider.

Hi Robert,
Thank you for your feedback! We've passed on your request for adding iZettle as an additional payment provider to the team.

(Here is the latest list of payment service providers we work with: https://helpdesk.bokun.io/en/articles/2829618-payment-providers)

Beantwortet am 2.12.2019
Gðmundur
  • Branche: Tabak
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 2.10.2018

Bad response rate in technical support

In most part good, the response time of technical support, mainly regarding the API is ridiculous. It's almost never shorter then 4 days and if I don't get an answer in about 10 days then I'm not gonna get answers. I would say about 70% of the queries I send to the support that need technical are not answered.

But I would like to point out that when I get answers from the programmers then the service is always good.

nothing in particular some parts are good others not so good. Nothing on the top of my head I can think of.

The API is often changed without letting us know.
That extras was changed so that each product has its own extra instead of many products can have the same extra. We rent out equipment in about billion tours, imagine if we need to change the picture of lets say the hiking shoes.

Antwort von Bókun, A TripAdvisor Company

Hi Guðmundur thank you for your review of Bókun.

Bókun's support team has grown substantially in the past year after joining the TripAdvisor family and we're currently expanding to be able to provide better (and faster!) technical support for our customers. We are happy to hear that the support you have received thus has been positive and we look forward to continuing that in the near future.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our API updates and "extras" features. We are currently working to enhance how we communicate product updates to our customers. We felt that giving our customers more customization when it came to the extras would be more beneficial to their usage. It also provides a better overview of which extras have been added to each product. Images are added on the product level, not per extra, so if you have different equipment available, you only need to update your images in the gallery for the product.

We hope this helps to clarify!

- Bokun Support

Beantwortet am 9.4.2019
Boris
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 10.3.2021

Great service that constantly improves

Using Bókun, either through the API or through their own booking channels is easy and straightforward. The pricing is in range of other booking systems out there. We used Bókun for a few of our clients and for a few websites we made ourselves, and it is always very easy to deploy. If I had to give one reason for you to use Bókun it would be because they have a solid customer support for an already easy to use system. If you need a booking system, Bókun should be the one.

The redesigned user interface is great. It is now simpler to use and product management is much better than a few years back when I first used Bókun. I like the ease of finding historical bookings for customer service issues.

I used to like their pricing policy until they changed it recently. Now it became much more expensive than it ever was before (ever since there was a flat fee paid per account, thankfully that is no longer the case). In general, other than the price surge, I think it is still one of the best booking systems out there. There were some issues with availability and accessibility to service some time ago but less since they switched owners. I worked with a company that used Bókun's API to book tours and setting the API was a bit challenging due to their API documentation being a few iterations behind the actual code.

Ryan
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen

Bewertet am 22.10.2020

Starting a subscription fee at the start of winter in a pandemic?!?

We are massively disappointed by the move Bokun has made from commission based bookings to a monthly subscription fee. This is the worst timing possible to release such a feature at the start of the winter season (most activity companies quite season) and during the COVID-19 pandemic when bookings are already low. With the additional option of paying for more additional features?? We put a lot of time and effort into Bokun setting up all our events. We will not be using there service again, we have now found a better/cheaper booking service.

Easy to use, used to be great for small businesses.

We had some issues with customers paying on the mobile phone through stripe on Bokun and has now become unaffordable for small businesses.

Antwort von Bókun, A TripAdvisor Company

Hi Ryan, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with Bokun's transition to a subscription-based model. Our Pro plan is currently free until the end of the month, after which it will cost $49 per month. Opting out of this plan shouldn't take more than a minute; it can be done easily in your account. You can always opt in and out seasonally, as subscription is on a monthly rolling basis.

We understand that this is a challenging time across the industry, and travelers can't wait to start booking trips and activities again. Our customers that use our widgets and website are seeing great conversion rates. We have invested in more sophisticated features for Bokun that we believe will help suppliers secure more bookings.

If you would like to discuss further how we can make Bokun work for your business, please contact us at [email protected].

Beantwortet am 26.10.2020
Dubravko

Execution and support

Benefits are to have a software we can rely on, it provides ease of use, it's practical and have the best support we have ever experienced of any partner or platform we have worked with.

Speed, connectivity, ease of use, support.

Adaptability and tailoring for specific needs. We provide special products and software is not so adaptable for such services.

Hi Dubravko,
Thank you for your kind words about our support team. We understand your concern about the lack of adaptability of the product for some features. If you haven't already, please do reach out to [email protected] and let us know what your specific needs are, and we can work with you to find solutions for your business's unique needs.

Beantwortet am 27.11.2019
Paulina
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 21.9.2018

The people there are great!

The customer service is good, sometimes the technical staff is really slow at figuring out things. I find that they have a great corporate culture and I like working with people like that.

You can do wonderful things with is if you know where to clic and what you are looking for.

When it is updated, sometimes the Help section is not updated. There are some features that sometimes do not work properly or we would like seeing modified e.i. adding the day (Monday...) into the Activity Calendar rather than just the date itself.

Hi Paulina,

Thanks for taking the time to review Bokun. We're glad to hear that you've found our tools easy to use and our customer service has been nice to work with!

We are currently reviewing our Helpdesk to improve and update articles and add new ones. We'll make sure to try to update our articles promptly with any new product releases moving forward.

Thank you for the suggestion regarding adding the days in the Activity Time Selector Widget. We will pass this on to our product manager for review.

Don't hesitate to reach out with any other feedback!

-Bokun Support

Beantwortet am 10.4.2019
Ahmet
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 24.4.2020

Great software for any size of company

Great reservation and booking system for Tours&Activities agents, suppliers...
Since around 6 months I am using Bokun actively. Thanks to the colleagues of Bokun who have contacted me and offered a half hour training 6 months ago. Since that time I have increased the number of my products to more than 100 and I have also now 6 active contracts with resellers and OTAs, which were listed in the Bokun Marketplace. I always get quick answers to my requests from their support team. The pricing conditions of Bokun is incomparable. %2.9!!!
And recently the experiences widget HTML codes for our website and any other place(Share link via Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp etc) is really great!!
Great Thanks to all the colleagues at Bokun in Iceland and Boston who have contacted me and also to other team members...
Ahmet V.
Holiday Experiences
Marmaris - Turkey

The system and the features are easy to use, but you need some time till you get used to them. There are really endless details in the system, which can be used according to different needs of the users.
Some minor changes could be done so that it becomes more user friendly.

Luke

Bewertet am 22.5.2019

Honestly, the worst software we've used

None at all. We've racked out brains and can't think of one positive thing to say about Bokun.

Customer service is pathetic. Waiting up to a week for a response on time critical issues and even when they do reply, it's as basic and not relevant. Lost countless bookings due to delayed support.

Can't speak with anyone on the phone. APIs change without warning. Issues with customers receiving emails. Continually line of problems with the software which is badly thought out and executed. It would have the upside of being cheap, but then it takes so much of our time it ends up being more expensive than other software.

They are owned by TripAdvisor and Viator which we have similar problems with. Don't waste your time. In a nutshell - crap.

Antwort von Bókun, A TripAdvisor Company

Thank you for your review. We understand your frustration and know how crucial it is to your business to receive customer support in a timely fashion. We are continually working to improve our customer service response times and the training of our support teams. We appreciate your feedback regarding our API updates and hear you loud and clear; we are currently working to enhance how we communicate product updates to our customers. A manger from our support team will be reaching out to you directly so we can make it right.

Beantwortet am 23.5.2019
Océane

Bewertet am 18.8.2022

Very good and user friendly

Good experience but we use this platform mainly because it's a tripadvisor property.

Very good customer service. The live chat is efficient.

The availability syncronization with viator and trip advisor is not direct and changes take too long to reflect.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bókun

Connection with Viator and Tripadvisor.
Edda

Bewertet am 28.4.2020

User friendly booking widgets and marketplace

New functions are doing a good job. Some development choices didn't take into account the products that matter a lot to my organization but we are using the new Experience setup and functions that are working great. Much more understandable than before and user friendly interface.

It is mostly user friendly. One can set up multiple types of tours with the new setup very easily and post on one's own website either a booking page or a widget.

Also the marketplace. Very accessible to sell and buy products from all that use bókun. We were really happy when the cost model changed into pay per sold item instead of fixed cost. That makes it easier for new buyers to join bókun and shop online.

That transportation products were left out of the development

Bruce
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 30.9.2020

12 months of floods, bushfires and COVID and now charging for what was free

It was supposed to be a reservation system for us to use.

It was free and only charged per transaction. Initially that charge was supposed to be 1%. However, it took quite some time to iron out the bugs and get it working so we have never managed to get a single booking through it.

After 12 months of floods, bushfires and COVID, Bokun decided that everyone wanted to pay them $49 per month ($588 per year) even when there were no revenue streams to be had due to Australian borders being closed. We have spent the last 12 months setting up for new products so that we would be able to book them when borders start to open. However, we are now back to square one.

Antwort von Bókun, A TripAdvisor Company

Hi Bruce, thank you for your review. We appreciate that you took the time to set up your products and were pleased with our product functionality.

Regarding the pricing change, we now provide a paid plan at $49 per month with a reduced service fee from 2.9% to 1.5% only for bookings that come through the booking engine and/or booking website. There is no additional charge for OTA, offline and marketplace bookings.

That said, we understand that the paid option may not be suitable for everyone at the moment. So we continue to give our customers the option to go for the free plan and still have the flexibility to move to the paid plan anytime, and vice versa.

For the month of October, you can still test out all the paid features before deciding on the price plan, as we waive the relevant charges.

If you need help with your pricing plan, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]. We'll be happy to assist.

Beantwortet am 13.10.2020
ian
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

Bewertet am 17.7.2019

Product is acceptable but not exceptional

Despite the product's shortcomings, the staff are great to work with, and very committed.

Does not work with GroupOn. Works almost seamlessly with Viator, almost.

Software USER support is thin. Too many items are referred to 'specialists' who don't reply until days or weeks after the inquiry. Re-explaining the same issue to different front line support folks for 3-4 months with no complete resolution (and no demonstrated interest or sense of urgency on the part of the software supplier) can be frustrating.

Hi Ian,
Thank you for your review and your feedback. We are actively working to improve our support response times, and we take your feedback very seriously.

Beantwortet am 22.7.2019
Cassio
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen

Bewertet am 1.9.2020

Great Choice

Everything! Especially the controls over our experience's availability, the opportunities to partner up with names in the marketplace, the great, great (can´t repeat enough) help from the support team (especially for someone like me, a one-man band!). Oh, the widgets! Almost forgot! You can create the most amazing widgets to share with your partners, etc.

Sometimes, understanding the funcionalities of Bokun and reading thru the help texts could be a challenge for those who speak English as a second language like me. But the support them will fully compensate the difficulties.

Bertram

Bewertet am 24.4.2020

Bókun changed my business for better!

All my business reservation system is with bókun.
We have 60% more customers from all over the world. Great software.

Integrations with API are great.
Reservation system is very easy to drive.
Financial is great.

For us have been difficult using widgets with our web page. We didn’t. I want to find easier the widget integration, so I’ll be able to do it.

356 Bewertungen