Square Point of Sale Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Square Point of Sale

Square POS ist ein mobiles POS-System, das für iOS- und Android-Geräte verfügbar ist. Zu den wichtigsten Funktionen des Square-POS-Systems gehören die Verarbeitung von Online-Zahlungen, Umsatzberichte, Inventarnachverfolgung,...

4,7

Mohammad
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 26.4.2023

Square Point of Sale ohne Funktion

Ich hoffe, dass Square Point of Sale Ihr Prdukt verbessern (Entwicklung und Zahlungsprozesse) und danach wieder an alles freischalten.

Enthält richtig viele und gute Funktionen und Futures aber sie funktionieren nicht 100%. Diese Funktionen müssen komplett neu entwickelt und sicher werden, dass diese Funktionen richtig funktionieren bevor sie diese Produkte an der Kunde abgeben

Ich habe mehere mal versucht etwas online zu bezahlen, aber die Prozess hat immer fehlgeschlagen. Funktionen und Tools hängen immer ab.

Sheri
Sheri
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 28.7.2022

Easy to set up, reliable, and with the features I need in my business!

I set up Square after researching other options when I launched my business 4 years ago, and have been pleased with the choice ever since. I have considered other options since then but keep sticking with Square since they truly have what I need, and the time cost of switching has never been worth it to me.

The most important aspect of Square Point of Sale is the ability to set up monthly, quarterly, and annual recurring invoices. Its shocking other solutions don't offer this, or only offer it at VERY high levels of monthly investment. This is a user-friendly solution for my business and is easy to understand, set up, and get rolling right "out of the box."

The address book makes it a bit tough to set up the clients as a business, it's a bit more geared to selling to consumers. But I've been able to create a workaround to make it work for me (business name in one of the name fields). I also really would like to integrate Square better with QuickBooks but I think QB is the problem - QB is notoriously difficult to work with (VERY difficult!).

Zoho CRM, Stripe Billing und QuickBooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

Primarily I chose Square because of its easy interface, quick time to launch, address book set up, but mainly because of recurring invoice functionality.
Faiyaz
Faiyaz
  • Branche: Design

Bewertet am 22.10.2023

A very user friendly POS system

Overall experience was amazing. Loved how it made everything easier!

Super easy and user friendly! Also have standard fees. Amazing for small business. Customer support seemed okay as well.

Yet haven't found any bigger issues. Everything seems fine.

Warum Square Point of Sale gewählt wurde

Easier and smoother operation of Square Point of Sale.

Pricing

Die besten Alternativen zu Square Point of Sale

Bewertet am 3.5.2024

Square Makes It Simple!

Easy of use.
Easy to train staff in on.
Technical Support.

I really can't come up with a meaningful negative.

Brad
  • Branche: Automotive

Bewertet am 21.11.2023

Dont expect great support

I've been up and down every channel I can to resolve an issue centered around a dispute a customer filed.

For starters, this customer should have been refunded but my team never hit the refund button. Once I saw the dispute, I immediately ACCEPTED it.

This was on October 10th. Fast forward to Nov 20th and the customer has not seen any money refunded.

After 5 different calls with support and having the issue escalated, two different calls with our representative - I was told the same response "Square has been informed that the disputed payment should be credited back to the cardholder’s account. Please refer your customer to their bank for more information on when to expect the credit."

Each time the customer called his bank and was told "there is no communication from Square nor are there any pending deposits or transactions"

Each time, I called back and asked for a transaction number, or some information that proves the transfer of funds from Square to customer's bank has been made - each time same response.

After asking to speak higher up each time - "there is nothing I can do beyond this" is the response. Zero opportunity to escalate.

I was patient and clear with each call, asking kindly but stating the importance of my issue and how it impacts my business, except on the 6th call - I got heated and begged for help.

Now this is no small transaction, it's $4,238 of our customers money. This customer has been patient but has threatened my business, not Square, but my business and has demanded I refund his money - the same money Square already deducted from our account.

I've asked for escalation multiple times, asking for simple transaction data to help my case and save my business from this headache - 1-2 day wait, same response.

I've called out the [sensitive content hidden] and the Company on LinkedIn asking, pleading for help. Nothing.

All i've heard is "I'm sorry this is a challenging situation for you, but I can't help you any further" - then get hung up on.

I've been a Square customer for 7 years, processing over $1M in transactions on this platform and still - no luck in getting information.

Now I'll have to shell out another $4,238 on top of the $4,238 Square already deducted from my account to settle this customer and save my business headache.

If you don't care about getting thoughtful support, or data you need when you're in a bind - Square may be good for you, but if you need want support - I do not recommend.

I've tried up and down every channel I can get and was shut down each time. No luck.

I'm switching to something else for sure. Sad to see this happen.

Nice POS System for our customer interface

Customer Support is not great, cannot get you info when you need it. Slow to respond.

Debra
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Bewertet am 19.2.2024

Satisfied Customer very user friendly and up to date

over all i think its a great product and we realistically dont have any complaints.

I love that it is again very user friendly and the processing fees are low and the processing speed is fast.

I dont like that you cant go back and look at a last name from the card used in processing of a payment u would have to go on line and do 4 different steps if you needed to clarify an error .

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

better pricing and seemingly better technology
Alexander
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Bewertet am 6.2.2024

Square Point of Sale is a Good Option for those who don’t want to pay monthly service fees.

Overall, it is good option for those businesses and people who do not want to pay set monthly fees for credit card processing services.

No set monthly service fees. Only percentage fees from any processed transaction.
Generally, the credit card payments are available the next business day.

Very difficult to contact customer service and also lack of support and protection when it comes to credit card charges dispute and chargebacks.

Isabelle

Bewertet am 8.5.2024

I wish Square would become international

It is easy to set up and to use, straight forward fees.

It's only for Canada or USA, we bring our merchandise all over the world, we wish Square could become international.

Jesse

Bewertet am 14.5.2024

Great for a Small Business

I've been using square for over 9 years now and it's been great. Especially when I am traveling with my business, it's easy to accept payments through their system. It's important to have something reliable if my clients don't want to pay in cash or forget, I always have it in my back pocket as long as I have my phone.

I like that they added the option to use your own phone as the card reader and that you can make different menu options with different price points.

The older card readers are frustrating to have to charge but that issue doesn't come up very often.

Tera
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 6.5.2024

Satisfied Customer

My experience is that Square point of sale is so simple anyone can maneuver this tool for their business.

The ease of the product is what makes using this regularly a perfect tool.

My expectations have been met. I have not run into any issues unless there was a wifi or internet connectivity problem in the area it is being used.

Dorian
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 7.5.2024

Ease of use and good customer service

We are an indie record label using square for customer orders and merch transactions. We have found the interface easy to use and customer service easy to interact with during the implementation phase.

No real complaints, other than that the processing fees are a little high at times.

Shannon

Bewertet am 10.4.2020

Excellent POS Software

My overall experience with Square POS is amazing. I have recommended this app to so many people. I’ve known about this product since it’s beginning back when you could get a card reader for free on the mail. This app has always been a saving grace for me. Honestly I will never use any other POS.

This software is so EASY to use. Literally it’s a no brainer. I have used this app in conjunction with StylieOne which was an appointment scheduling app and it made collecting payments from my clients so simple. I love the sales and transaction reports that I have access to because it makes my life easier come tax time. Also this app sends you daily sales reports to your email. The equipment to use with the app is inexpensive.

There aren’t any cons to the service. Honestly it’s a great service all around. I can’t see how anyone would be disappointed.

Leng
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Bewertet am 17.5.2022

Square gets the job done

My overall experience has been good. Square POS gets the job done. The user interfase could be more intuitive though, but in general it's ok.

I use square POS, but also as an online payment processor linked to Wix. We started using the simple and small POS at our organization, but then we upgraded to the one with the big screen and that was a big change. I particularly like about this one that the client is the one swiping the credit card and has privacy deciding on the tips. It allows to start and end the cash drawer, which helps to control the cash better. I also like that when there is no connection it goes to offline mode and one can still run transactions with it.

The part that I am unsatisfied with is that the integration with WIX does not capture names of events in the description of each transaction. Therefore it's tricky to categorize those transactions in the different income classes for our books. I have to do that by reconciling manually wix reports with square's.

Warum Square Point of Sale gewählt wurde

We still use Stripe because it works better with our donors database. When I started working in the organization both were being used, since we had the investment of the Square POS already, which are pricey, we continued to use Square. However it does not integrates with Bloomerang.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

We chose square over alternative products because we had already spent over $1000 in POS
Megan

Bewertet am 31.8.2022

Square for small healthcare mobile practice

Overall, this is a great system and it's very easy to use to quickly collect payments for our services in the home on our mobile devices. It has a lot of features that allow you to send receipts, invoices, and collect payments securely in order to remain HIPAA complaint. You can also sign a BAA to show this as a healthcare practice, which is very important. Many clients are also familiar with Square, so they feel comfortable with you using it to process payments.

I like that it is reliable and convenient to use for our mobile practice. With us having to pack up equipment and take it back out at each client, it is nice that the system is able to be used on our cell phones and stores neatly into the pocket of our treatment bag. It is easy to connect and use even when mobile service is a bit spotty. We have not had a missed or returned payment. It is also easy to swipe through and gives the option to send a receipt that the client can access right then on their mobile device or in their email.

The biggest complaint that I have is the lightning connector adapter's stem is a bit short for use with a lot of phone cases. If the phone case is extra protective, the stem isn't long enough to reach the lightning port. It can be annoying to have to remove the case in a client's home in order to access the port so that payments can be taken.

Wes
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Bewertet am 17.8.2022

Square The Life Blood Of Any Mobile Business

I still use it since it doesn't require a monthly service. It comes into a pinch when I need to sale something and don't want have go thru all the steps of the other company. Example Yard sale if someone doesn't have enough money.

The ability to set this software was super easy. It was easy to add your inventory and take your pictures all from the app, Also no monthly fee to use the service was the items that sold me on when 1st starting out.

The web presence is super lacking. No add ons, or 3rd party integrations is why I moved on to another service. The ability to really customize your website is not there, Every one has to a website that will attract sales and customers. This is just a POS 1st and website 2nd. I moved to a service that had website 1st and a POS 2nd. But I still love Square's POS software better.

Catherine
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 27.2.2020

Bad service good product

I love it for everything, even non business activity when my mom is trying to send money for my kids sports. I just manually enter her card, transfer to my account and go get their sports stuff but it really helps the business alot. I think the actual cash register conputers are nice as well as the headphone jack swipe style. Uniquely created for all. The business is growing with all the offered payment options

I love how easy it is to use. Very easy to put products into the pos. And I love being able to get the square reader when opening an account. Being able to enter cards manually is great too! Invoicing is easy for others to able to pay online. Its a very well rounded system.

Even though I like the security features square uses, they are also the downfall. Sometimes they put holds on your account when there isnt any suspicious activity and then you have to call and verify and make a big run around mess to finally get your money. It's a pain with customer service but the security is nice so I don't mind too much. Could make that a little easier to deal with though

Bewertet am 7.11.2022

Square Point of Sale Review

My overall experience with Square Point of Sale was okay. I have no problem setting it up and start taking payments and sending invoice but there were a few features that were missing and I wish I new about it before I implemented the system.

The software is extremely simple to use and setup. I have problem setting it up and get it ready to take payments.

While Square has its strength, it also has several weaknesses like some feature are missing such as being able to enter the item quantity without having to keep adding the item. Many receipt printer also do not work with Square.

Warum Square Point of Sale gewählt wurde

I made the switch because PayPal do not have a lot of hardware option to use.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

Square was more affordable and I can use my own iPad.
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Bewertet am 15.12.2018

Easiest and simplest way to start taking credit card payments for your office

Great. Simple and easy to use. People have said that their customer service is extremely hard to get hold of, but we have used it for 3 years and have had no reason to contact customer service.

Square POS was very easy to set up. The first card reader you receive (a simple plug in to an iPad or iPhone) was free. We created an account online, attached a bank account, and created a menu of items/services we provide. Then we simply chose photos for each service or product category so that it looks nicer in the app for our employees. The result was a very simple set up and a very clean looking POS.
What's also nice is that Square POS is good at being able to refund patients if something was charged incorrectly. They also get receipts if they choose to via text message or email.
Changing the prices and adding or deleting items on the service/products you sell is quite easy. You simply log in to the website and make changes. Also, you can turn in options such as giving customers a choice to tip or not.
For being an office that used to take cash only, choosing Square POS was the way to go in entering the world of credit cards. We have no regrets and have no had problems. The correct amount of $$ we received (minus 2.75% of every transaction) gets deposited into our account every week. And we no longer have to hire a collections agency to go after those who don't have cash or mail in checks because they will simply pay through credit card now.

Square does take 2.75% of your transaction each time. You can find cheaper alternatives, but not with the ease of set up and use that comes with Square. The bigger con about Square POS is that if you have take a payment over the phone and manually type in their credit card information instead of typing it, they charge extra at 3.5% of the transaction.
Also, the first card reader they send you is a simple swiper, but we found that it didn't always work well. Most cards these days have chips, and if you want a good and safer reading you'll want to purchase the Chip reader at $49. We don't regret the purchase though.
Lastly, if you are a restaurant and choose to include the option to allow customers to tip, know that square takes 2.75% of your ENTIRE transaction (including the tip your customers add).

• Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 12.10.2022

Square Point of Sale Pricing, Features, Reviews and Alternatives

Square is a mobile payment platform that allows businesses to accept credit and debit cards through their mobile devices. Square provides its users with a simple, secure way to accept payments, while also offering them the ability to track their transactions and manage their finances. Square is a popular choice among small businesses because it allows them to accept credit and debit cards without the hassle of having to set up an account. Square also makes it easy for businesses to track their transactions and manage their finances, which can be especially helpful for small businesses that may not have the time or the resources to set up an accounting system. Additionally, Square’s mobile app is easy to use, which can make it even easier for small businesses to accept payments.
This is a great choice for small businesses that want to accept credit and debit cards without the hassle of setting up an account.

The Square Point of Sale software is easy to use and offers a wide variety of features. It is easy to configure and set up, and it offers a lot of customization options. It is also very easy to use, which makes it very convenient for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of functionality, which makes it very useful for businesses. The software is very intuitive, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very user-friendly, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very easy to use, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very user-friendly, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very easy to use, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very user-friendly, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for business

Square is a great POS system. It's easy to set up and use, and it's very customizable. It's also very easy to use. The software is easy to navigate, and it has a lot of features. Square is a very simple system to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot

Kristine

Bewertet am 17.4.2023

Square pos worth every bit of “high processing fees”

We couldn’t run our business with out it. It has been a very straight forward process. Clear expectation, clear help when needed, company is always accepting new feature requests. Love it.

Square pos integrates with SO many other apps/programs. Streamlining and ease of use is what makes it stand out so much from every other processing program. A lot of people complain about the high processing fees, but it is worth its weight in gold when running a business. Our square account connects with our scheduling, waivers, inventory, marketing, social media, accounting software, and so much more. It is literally the center of our applications/programs. We could not run our business without it.

I can’t complain about much. I do wish there was a customer service phone number. BUT they are on top of it when you message them and they know their stuff. There’s a few other minor changes with filters and integrating the items between square and square online store that I wish were better. But they’re working on it.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

Better integrations with other programs/apps
Ronnie
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Bewertet am 5.6.2023

Broadens Our Donation Horizons

Fundraising has changed drastically in the last decade. Not having the ability to accept mobile payments and donations was once an obstacle that made it more difficult for organizations such as ours to raise funds. Now, it has become an essential part of business. Square gives small organizations like ours the ability to utilize mobile payments at an affordable price with an easy-to-learn system.

We use Square at our office and when we make presentations offsite. At our office, Square replaced another point of sale device. I personally like Square more than our older device, but it's not life-changing. The biggest draw for us was Square's mobile payment system. We had consistently lost potential donations at offsite events because we had to take either cash or check, or have them call our office at a later date to run a card over the phone. We had multiple people have changes of heart between committing to a donation and talking to us on the phone. Square prevents that from happening by giving us a professional POS device that can be operated by multiple employees at offsite events. It fills in the gap of not having a POS device at an event and is more professional than asking a donor to "just Venmo it."

Using the Square device at our office is on par with other similar devices. There are no major shortcomings, there just isn't anything that stands out. However, the benefits of using it offsite were what drew us to Square in the first place. Since we are fully committed to Square offsite, it only made sense to utilize it onsite as well so our staff doesn't have to learn multiple software.

Billie

Bewertet am 20.9.2023

Amazing Customer Service

Overall I like Square. We integrated with Thrive by Shopventory earlier this year so I can use woocommerce for our website, which makes me even happier!

I feel like the past year, I 've contact more companies for help than any other time in my life. We've been using Square since 2016. I like them, it's user friendly and fairly intuitive, not sure I would have raved about them before though. This year I've had three instances that I reach out to Square customer service, every one of them was a fairly good experience, but the last one was really great! I had a customer return something she bought as a gift for her sister, over the next few months she called several times complaining that we never refunded her money. The last time, I wasn't there and she came in during an event, when we were busy, claiming we stole money from her. When I found out, I reach out to square, provided them with all of the transaction information, the gentleman I spoke with initially just wanted to tell me that the money was sent to her. When I explained that she claimed her bank had no record of the refund coming back to her, he looked into it further and gave me a transaction code for her to give her bank. When we called to give it to her, she got annoyed because it was such a long code, but her bank must have cleared it up because she brought someone else into the shop a week later, acting like nothing ever happened. It's reassuring to know they have those details on hand to help in a situation like that.

Some of the features cost extra, which can be a bummer. The Square-Woocommerce plugin for wordpress is horrible, I want more control than their

Theresa
  • Branche: Sportartikel

Bewertet am 30.12.2015

Square delivers plenty of features at low cost

I have run a brick-and-mortar for more than 19 years, and got rid of my traditional merchant account about 5 years ago when fees became outrageous and unstable, and I also needed a mobile payment system as my bank did not offer one. I did some research and settled on Square. The product is intuitive and easy to navigate, and the cost for processing credit cards is reasonable at 2.75% for swiped and 3.5% for manually entered.
But that's just the beginning of what they offer: in 2013, the Square Market was an incredible add-on benefit provided for free! If you've needed e-commerce for your business, you know that this service can be costly, so for Square to provide it for merely the cost of each transaction processed is amazing. There are many features to the Market, such as the ability to embed items you are selling into your website, share on social media, etc. While the features aren't customizable to a great extent, it is still a very powerful platform for POS. I particularly appreciate the many reports that can be generated, receipts with custom messages you can send to clients who have shopped online, ability to send invoices, etc. They've added gift cards, which is a nice feature, and they have many third party vendor apps that interface with Square for inventory and financial processes for your business. New features are constantly being added, such as their Customer Engagement to create customer lists and do direct marketing to that list right from Square. This product is a powerful addition to your website and other marketing you may already be doing. I have recommended this product to many small business owners and non-profits, and have been a very happy user since late 2010.

I have found very little to dislike. I have seen comments online about deposits being held, a lack of ability to communicate easily with Square (initially, they had no phone customer service, but I always got very quick response from their techs via Twitter in the early days), and difficulty in raising deposit limits. I run two small businesses using Square, and for one of them had to ask for a large increase in daily deposits as my business grew. This was handled easily via email communications and took only a few days.

Hannah

Bewertet am 8.11.2018

Great for anyone wanting to start a business.

It's hard for me to find anything wrong with Square. We have never really been tempted by the competition, and I doubt we will be anytime soon.

Perhaps if you are running a store with more products or customers you may benefit from a different system, but I would suggest Square to anyone starting out. You can get set up today, and your customers already know how to use it.

I was working as a barista in a new coffee location in my local town. The owner of the shop was pretty new to the industry, and didn't have a lot of business experience. She needed a way to run cards, and she was looking at a few different solutions, but I mentioned Square, and she ran to CVS and bought one right away. She wasn't very tech savvy, so I volunteered to get it set up. It probably took me less than an hour. The interface is a breeze to use, customers get it right away when they need to sign for charges or enter phone numbers. There were days that I was the only person on staff, using Square and running between the milk steamer and the register was a breeze. One feature we used often was using a cell phone to take orders while people waited in their cars. This allowed us to reduce the lines in our shop, and keep the morning rush moving.

The flat rate pricing makes things extremely easy as well. As someone that is not an accountant, this made my life a lot easier.

Some of the reporting features can be confusing to read, and more than once have resulted in us blindly refunding customers.

Sometimes the card readers gave us problems, but this was usually solved with a quick reset.

Ronnie
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Bewertet am 29.11.2022

Made my business transactions a Breeze

I opened up my small business and launched my website in Jan of 2021 and e-commerce site thru Wix, Square was part of the bundle I chose, and I'm very satisfied with that choice. Its given me the security I need when dealing with online and in person transactions. Signing up took a bit longer than expected as I didn't have a business tax ID at the time, but they had an option for me which was life saving as I was getting a lot of requests for my product, so keep that in mind if you're in a rush to get started. Overall my experience with Square has been great and I definitely recommend!

Pros are definitely the ease you have with your online Transactions. They Mail you the Square reader for your ipad or mobile device and the installation is pretty easy, or if you're not lucky enough to have a tech person for a friend then you can easily contact Square to have them walk you thru set up. I have to say, having and feeling the security that you have with square regarding your online transactions is one of the most important Pros for sure. The ease of organizing your inventory is a huge Pro, as well as having your inventory being updated automatically. You get notifications via the app as well as thru your email regarding every transaction, with the total amount of sale after their fee. You get a monthly update of sales. Along with stats of average sales per hour, per day, and more, which is super helpful and helps you with forecasting best sellers and busiest times of the year.

Con is the Square Mobile reader is pretty easy to lose, so when you first start definitely order more than one reader!

2.894 Bewertungen