MyCase Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über MyCase

MyCase ist eine cloudbasierte Lösung für Rechtsmanagement, die juristischem Fachpersonal in kleinen und mittleren Anwaltskanzleien dabei unterstützt, die Kommunikation mit ihrer Mandantschaft zu verwalten und tägliche Geschäftsabl...

4,4

Nutzerbewertungen zu MyCase durchsuchen

682 von 682 Bewertungen
Nancy
Nancy

Bewertet am 31.7.2023

Definitely recommend

Our firm loves MyCase. It's user-friendly and packed with amazing features that have helped us achieve a 245% growth rate over the last year. I have been so impressed with MyCase that I became a certified MyCase consultant so I can help other firms experience these game-changing benefits.

My favorite features in MyCase are the case management, client management, document management, templates and automation.

I don't like that the invoices aren't more customizable and that the billing and invoicing aren't compatible with contingency firms. I also with MyCase would integrate with a VOIP phone system like Ring Central so we can automate some of our calling procedures.

Warum MyCase gewählt wurde

Cost and the need to update our technology

Time Matters

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

These are all great products, and the features only vary slightly from MyCase. The decisiding factor for our firm was cost.
Carla

Bewertet am 15.2.2024

Good case management platform

Overall, I am happy with MyCase and am certainly not looking to change.

User-friendly interface. Lower price than other services for the same features.

While the core platform works well and consistently, the add-ons are hit and miss. The accounting add-on is buggy at times: it periodically refuses to sync with my bank account. It also is difficult to change accounting entries when I discover an error such as categorization. The new gmail add-on stopped working for close to a month.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

The features I wanted were available at a lower price in MyCase.
Joedy

Bewertet am 19.2.2024

Recommended Changes

It's OK. I feel like it has room for improvement. I don't like that I can no longer email from MyCase portal. That makes it hard and more work for me to connect my emails to cases on MyCase.

I like cloud storage and time tracking. I like that I can download all of my case documents.

I wish it would link cases to emails via Thunderbird and other apps. Also, wish it links incoming and outgoing emails, not just outgoing. Wish it can do drag and drop or ctrl+select instead of clicking on each document that i want to select to do things with. Practice Panther has a better interface than MyCase in that regards.

Die besten Alternativen zu MyCase

Bewertet am 6.2.2024

MyCase is a Necessity

Overall, I think MyCase has the best services and platform. The live customer support is critical. I don't want to email someone about a problem. I don't want to wait hours or days for a response. When I have a problem, I want to pick up the phone and speak with someone and solve the problem. The live technical/customer support is worth it's weight in gold.

TEcnical Support. It is invaluable to have a live, English speaking person who will instruct me on how to resolve an issue when one arises. The day MyCase stops this feature is the day I start shopping for a different provider. When I can't figure a solution out related to MyCase, they are always responsive and proficient. They answer your questions immediately and are the biggest selling point for your company.

LawPay being the only merchant service provider integrated with MyCase. They are charging too much and I have thought about canceling MyCase because I can not use the merchant services provider I want because they don't integrate with MyCase.

Warum MyCase gewählt wurde

Because MyCase is superior after considering all factors such as cost, services and support.

Jeffrey

Bewertet am 15.2.2024

MyCase is an Effective Time and Billing Tool

Overall, the system is workable, simple and meets my needs

The most effective feature of MyCase is the easy ability to invoice clients and allow them to make direct payments into our accounts.

I am not crazy about the case indexing system. I prefer a one-name client identification and a default for tasks.

Jamie

Bewertet am 20.2.2024

Great tool for my start-up!

It has been a dream to use. My new firm is well grounded and ready to take off.

MyCase was simple to start using. It is intuitive and once you get it's design, it works very nicely. The internal reminders and messages features help my team keep every case moving.

MyCase could needs to be more forgiving on a mistake and allow a Note to move from the wrong case file. It also needs to allow for a capture of time for LEADS so they may be billed when they convert.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Better pricing and integrations were available for a new start-up.
Brian

Bewertet am 7.2.2024

I wish I hadn’t waited so long

MyCase is super easy to use, powerful, and makes billing and keeling clients informed, as well as having an easy to use electronic file simple.

I wish it integrated with onedrive, but that’s not a huge issue.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Better price for features offered; Clio was similar but more expensive.
Kimberly

Bewertet am 21.2.2024

Love MyCase, but there is room for improvement.

Love the simplicity of tracking time and expenses and generating a billing statement from that time. This was the #1 feature I needed from it. Second key feature is client contact information and case status information. I use the "status updates" tab constantly to keep track of where I'm at in a case and key notes.

Billing feature needs improvement. They don't allow you to post a QR code or photo on the billing except your main logo, and they don't pass on credit card fees (the 3% fee) to the client, which is HUGE for a small firm, despite their claims that they are fully interfaced with lawpay. This is a huge inconvenience. I use the mycase to generate the bills but use a different software to bill so we don't incur hundreds of dollars of credit card fees.

Bewertet am 23.2.2024

My Case essential for Law Practice

My Case is essential for my Law Practice and makes my Practice so much easier. The only complaint I have is the cost (I currently pay nearly double what I paid when I first began using My Case).

The ability to update client information, call clients, update billable hours in real time instead of having to wait to get home, or to the Office, to update billing.

Cost keeps going up. It is worth the value, but my cost has almost doubled since I began using My Case

Barbara
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 12.2.2024

Wow!! How easy is this.

Overall, after finally convincing myself to take advantage of the full capabilities of MyCase I can't live without it.

The ability to track everything just as I would if using a paper file, and calendar is great.

I find it a bit of a nuisances that I cannot past into the search bar. If I copy a name or case number, I have to type a character in the search bar then highlight it and paste my search. I would rather just paste my info and go.

Majken

Bewertet am 14.1.2020

MyCase Daily User Experience

MyCase has been a wonderful tool for our firm. It allows for a more digital experience for both users and clients. MyCase is always updating to stay ahead of the current trends and needs, and they never take a long time to correct issues when they are reported. I love the MyCase staff which is always helpful and willing to explain things so we better understand why or why not something is the way it is. I will be happy telling others of the useful and customization features within MyCase. The support staff and product managers are always willing to help and take suggestions, which they tend to implement if they can. I have had a ton of ideas implemented which makes our daily activities easier. Overall, this software is pretty user friendly, high ability to customize a lot of areas, an all in one type of feel and beneficial for any office looking to go more digital.

What I love the most about this software is that it's always updating features and areas of needed interest. I love that the MyCase team is always there to take a concern, suggestion or edit that may be needed or wanted. I love that it's ALMOST an all in one system. I love that you can do customizing within the software on the end user side as well, without having to contact MyCase for most of them. I love that this is easy to learn, use and contact support. I love that MyCase is always willing to update to stay current.

What I like least about this software is the inability to filter OPEN and CLOSED cases in the Trust Account Activity and Trust Account Summary. We use this section for a quick check on which cases has a balance and which cases don't, but it shows EVERY case we have in MyCase without a way to filter out Closed. We have far too many cases open to check one by one. I also like least about this software that you have to request engineering to re-add Contact Groups that you delete, when it was added by the end user in the first place. An accidental delete of a contact group takes too much involvement to have re-added and we end up creating new ones. I also like least about this software that the App and the Desktop version are so much different in a few areas that are used most in our office.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Essentially MyCase was chosen based on the features, support information, price and newness of the software. Reviewing was done extensively before choosing MyCase and in the end MyCase won. I just wish that we were told about the 10% OBA Member discount from the start since it was available and not known until we referred another firm and they were able to get it, then it was not allowed to be retro-active. Someone should check new customer discounts upon start up or each year to ensure you are providing that information to your customers. Knowing we could save that from the start and it was not mentioned was slightly unfair feeling. It was added to the next invoice when WE requested it.
Margaret

Bewertet am 20.5.2021

Mycase has made billing so much easier

The biggest problem it solved for me was prompt invoicing and trust account management.

Very intuitive and easy to use. Excellent online tutorials and telephone support. I can put invoices together so quickly and I have all of my contacts and important info at my fingertips. Also, available for use on my iPad. I've recommended mycase to other attorneys.

I wish it integrated with my automated forms. Unfortunately I'm wrapping up my use of mycase because I found another practice management software which works with my automated forms which means that I only have to enter certain information once. It is unfortunate because I don't like the new practice management software as much.

Warum MyCase gewählt wurde

Because I could access it online and from a mac. Amicus didn't have that capability at at the time.
Willem Galen

Bewertet am 26.4.2022

It's easy to use and you can start simply and add features

I have practiced for a long time. When I began I worked for a big firm that valued tracking billing time above all else. This was a good experience. When I started my firm I was always good at keeping track of time. Mycase makes it easier. A lawyer rarely bills all their time. But tracking every minute should be the goal. Integration of docu-sign and ability to keep all data about a case within the software makes for more efficient practice.

The time recording, case/contact data storage, docusign, billing features are what I started using. I used abacus before cloud based practice mgt software was available. I have used Clio. Mycase is more intuitive than other practice mgt software programs with which I have experience. It is easier to use.

I was slow to use some of the better features like templates. I realized that I could distinguish my firm by completing tasks quicker than average for the industry. Using electronic data forms allows us to obtain relevant data from customer and swiftly prepare the pleadings necessary to initiate case or respond to case and to prepare pleadings for requesting temporary relief orders from the court. We are continuing to explore the use of templates. Our goal is to have the petition or response, the declaration regarding minors, the income and expense declaration, the request for orders all template based.

Having calendar synced is good. Having email synced is great. Ensures all time is considered for billing.

Slightly more detail on creation of templates from judicial council forms would be helpful. I imagine CA is a big market. CA has court approved forms for civil litigation and family law. Family law is the most form driven area of CA state litigation. Why not pre-load Petition FL-100, Summons FL-110, Response FL-120, Declaration re Minors FL-105, Income and Expense Declaration FL-150, Request for Orders FL-300, Responsive Decl Request for Orders FL-320, Asset and Debt Declarations FL-142 and FL-160 into mycase? If you do you will have a marketing tool for family law attorneys.

Warum MyCase gewählt wurde

Used mycase for a bit. I think I had a free one week trial. Way more intuitive.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

I explained above. Your software is more intuitive and easier.
Lilka

Bewertet am 27.2.2023

Good, user-friendly, all-around practice management program.

I have been a user of MyCase for about 10 years now. I like how user-friendly the platform is; the look, the feel, are very intuitive. It also has space for tons of useful information regarding your case; a one stop shop! The document automation part of the program saves me quite a bit of time, and so does the streamlined billing and invoicing process, which require almost no learning curve. The ability to electronically sign documents through MyCase is one of the best improvements I have seen throughout the years.

I would love to have the ability to text through MyCase... but by using my firm's phone number. The calendar sync with Google calendars is good, but has had bugs resulting in duplicates, etc. Also, the email part of the program also has had some bugs, it's not that user-friendly, so I've chosen not to use it. I would love it if MyCase could include a court holiday calculator free of charge. It's just not worth the expense of paying for integration with another program, when you can find good, accurate calculations online for free.

Warum MyCase gewählt wurde

Amicus Attorney became way too complicated, and was a standalone program with bad (and expensive!) customer support.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Ease of use, overall look, and special discount provided for being a member of the American Bar Association.
Lara

Bewertet am 16.5.2023

A solo with remote staff makes the leap

I love that I don't have to limit my staff to local employees, but between court, time zones, etc., it was hard to keep track of what everyone was doing. MyCase has made worlds of difference!! I can easily assign tasks, follow up, keep track of clients and have their contact information in a single convenient location. I can keep notes about each client in their online file.

I wish that it was easier to use workflows; they are easy to create, but we don't always necessarily have a calendar event that is required to prompt the use of the workflow. I also with that there was a way to do monthly billing that was not attached to time spent, but rather in installments.

Microsoft Teams und monday.com

Warum MyCase gewählt wurde

Teams didn't easily allow me to keep track of when tasks were completed. It didn't have the integrated time tracking.

Microsoft Teams

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

The case management features.
Richelle

Bewertet am 4.8.2023

Mycase review

It has helped my law practice run more smoothly. I am more organized. My clients use the document and communication features. They find it is easy.

It is easy to use, and affordable. I love the mobile app it is easy to use when scheduling court dates when in person for court.

MyCase defaults the calendar to Hawaii's time for Apple and Mac users. My clients who has Apple products say that the calendar shows the wrong time for events. They have to go into the system and default the calendar to Eastern standard time.

Tim

Bewertet am 11.8.2023

A Fantastic law practice management software

I wish I had MyCase years ago. I am a solo practitioner (lawyer, secretary and chief bottle washer). This app is fantastic!

I absolutely love the Mycase app. When I create a file in MyCase the app then auto-creates a file folder on my computer saving a bunch of time. Uploading and downloading documents is a breeze. I love the time recording and time entry features. I am amazed at how much billable time I am capturing using this app. I was missing so much time in the past, I can hardly believe it.

I'm still studying the app and deciding what cons I need to talk about. There aren't many, if any at all.

Cost and ease of use.

LEAP

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Ease of use, cost and features. For instance, the desktop "texting" feature - my client's love it.

Bewertet am 7.12.2023

Mediocre practice management. Good enough, though.

It's OK. Not bad enough to undertake the daunting task of migrating to something different, but not good enough to necessarily recommend.

I like that it is OS neutral. I like the billing.

It's not really that great for anything I do, and it's pretty restrictive on how you can set things up. For instance, there's no field in the user category to put my bar number, which is something that goes into pretty much any pleading that I draft. (1) Why isn't that field available, and (2) why can't I create custom fields? They always seem to be adding "features" that I rarely find any use for, but they won't fix bugs in their system. For four years, now, I can't clear an e-check that a client bounced. It shows up in the "rejected payment in last 30 days" field. They can't be bothered to fix that bug. Ever since COVID customer service has gone way down.

Warum MyCase gewählt wurde

Trying to keep my database up with the times was getting to be too expensive.

Claris FileMaker

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Price. Less bad than the others. Smokeball's name was simply too stupid for me to seriously consider.

Bewertet am 28.2.2021

Ease of Use and Best in Class

Without Mycase I don't believe I would have been able to start and build my practice as I have.

I love the ability to have all my cases available via digital. I can share the documents with my clients and communicate with them via the client portal. All in one solution.

I would like them to have more integration, like with Onedrive, Google Drive.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Same as above. Price, ease of use and all the features included in Mycase made me switch. Also, Mcase built my website.

Bewertet am 10.9.2019

The Best Practice Management Solution Everywhere

1. The best feature about Mycase is the client portal and client communication tools. This helps us automate some essential functions like sharing documents, court dates, deadlines, and obtaining information from clients to cut down on staff time. Now instead of dealing with "update calls" and requests for copies from our clients are able to focus on other tasks.

2. The workflows feature helps us take the thinking out of the routine tasks that need to be done on a case so we can focus our mental energies on the unique aspects of a given case.

3. Mycase is incredibly responsive to customer feedback. 90% of the suggestions I have submitted over the years are implemented and become part of the product. They release new features multiple times every month and help make a good product even better!

The one feature that needs work is email integration (saving emails sent and received to Mycase). The feature as it stands today requires a good deal of manual matching of emails to cases, a tedious task. I believe it would work better if they integrated email through IMAP or POP and allowed you to access and send external emails through Mycase, which would aid the sync process quite a bit.

Scott

Bewertet am 23.5.2023

My Case has Matured

No case management system is as comprehensive as My Case. Over the years, they continue to add functions that have enhanced our ability to manage our practice efficiently. My Case has separated themselves from its competitors to be the most versatile system in the market.

The number of features that have been added since we started using My Case over 2 years ago have been game-changers. The integrated email, calendaring, and document management are outstanding.

None of the cons are deal breakers. Trust fund case management, inability to send global messages to specific practice areas, and some functions in billing are the least user friendly of the bunch.

Warum MyCase gewählt wurde

Started with My Case, but switched to Practice Panther due to its integration with our legal software. After less than a year of using Practice Panther, realized it is not very user-friendly and integration was not worth the trouble. Returned to My Case over 2 years ago and have not looked back.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Familiarity and ease of use.
Debra

Bewertet am 2.11.2023

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT

Great! Love this system over all despite it being for attorneys I have managed quite easily to make it work for my business.

Everything! It is easy to use, customizable, keeps track of my time worked on each file per client, tasks allow me to stay on track. This system made it possible for me to take on more work and as such additional clients. Don't know what I would do without it.

I utilize this system from a different perspective as I am not an attorney. I am a self employed Claim Consultant - Virtual Assistant. My clients are Attorneys. If I want to see which cases are open with which client there is no easy way to do this on my end. I either need to go to my open cases (in which case I am unable to see per client) or go into Contact/People which I can scan all cases for each client but it lists all open and closed cases. I would like to be able to just see open cases per client.

Meredith

Bewertet am 17.8.2018

A Great Product for the Price (Without Bells and Whistles)

Great product which covers all the basic requirements of case management software and a price that can't be beat. I'm still using it, but looking at other options as I grow to avoid some of the more time-consuming aspects/cumbersome aspects of the software.

Cost is minimal and allowed me to get up and running with case management software immediately upon starting my law firm. It covers the basics - central place for case details, contacts, and documents; repeating task lists and deadlines; calendaring; and integration with quickbooks and email (to an extent). There is an obvious need for this type of product and I'm glad it is/was available.

The email integration is cumbersome and essentially requires you to forward messages to MyCase and then sort them individually into the correct cases. It does recognize emails/contacts frequently used and suggests a case assignment, but you still have to go through each email one by one and affirm that suggestion to get it to import into the case. With just a small caseload, this is time-consuming and would not be manageable for large volumes of emails.

The documents are stored in MyCase and accessible from wherever you are. That's nice, but not as helpful for me since it requires you to download the document onto your computer from MyCase, read it or make changes, and then re-save in MyCase if changes are made. Since I am mostly using the same computer each time, I don't want/need to re-download documents every time. To avoid, I just go to where the document is saved on my computer, but then I'm toggling between MyCase and my desktop. There is no way to work on/view documents WITHIN MyCase, which would make a huge difference.

It is nice to know that documents are available just by logging in on any device, but it's not as useful for a solo with one main work computer without the ability to open the document without downloading it.

Antwort von MyCase

Hi Meredith, thank you for the honest feedback. With regards to document storage, we now offer an integration with Dropbox, which will allow you to easily view and edit documents stored in Dropbox through MyCase, without the need to download and re-save - any updates will be immediately reflected in MyCase. Also, we're actively exploring ways to improve our email integration with the goal of making it less time-consuming to save a large volume of emails to your cases. We take customer feedback very seriously and can assure you that your review is taken into consideration moving forward. If you have any questions or further feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team! Thank you again for your review.

Beantwortet am 31.8.2018
Sandeep

Bewertet am 4.8.2023

MyCase Legal Office and Billing Management Program

I really like the program. They are making improvements and it would be even better if they added some minor features, but overall its great.

its ease of use, customer service, user friendliness.

it could be even better than it is if they added some additional items that I have requested.

Christi

Bewertet am 14.11.2023

Easy Billing and Time Tracking

I like it and it makes my life so much easier!

MyCase is easy to access and always accessible. It it easy to find the prompts in the system to enter new information and it is really easy to track down information on each of the cases like time billed, what the expenses are. I like that it is flexible in when you do something, it is easy to see how it connects to other data screens in the system.

There are three main things that I dislike:
1. I wish that when you start typing a party in the search box and they have several matters that cascade down for you to pick from, I wish you could hover over the different options and the entire case title would pop up. I often have to refer to a hard copy cheat sheet because I'm not always sure which matter I am selecting, so I am forced to have to reference a log that has our matter number referenced at the beginning of the case.
2. In reports, I wish you could run a report for true past due balances (that consisted of jobs that had balance forwards only). Right now, our invoices are set up as "Due Upon Receipt". But they are immediately categorized a past due in all the reports. If I pull an aging report after I batch out the invoices, it includes ALL of my invoices because of our payment terms. I can't, or I haven't figured out yet, how to pull a report that just reflects my jobs with 'balance forwards' which are the real past dues. I wish there were more options and simplicity overall in customizing reports with that data we are entering.
3. When entering time, I wish you could default the type of activity. 99% of the time, I am entering 'Services'. I have that I have to type S or scroll down to get to it on every entry. That's annoying.

682 Bewertungen