Checkfront Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Checkfront

Checkfront ist eine cloudbasierte Business Management-Software für Reiseveranstalter, Vermieter und Unterkunftsanbieter. Die Lösung bietet Buchungs- und Aktivitätsmanagement, Reservierungen und Zahlungsabwicklung. Checkfront...

4,4

Nick
Nick

Bewertet am 13.2.2019

Checkfront review by Cairns Holiday Homes

Overall, it's a terrific system. Discovering how good it is takes time and frustration. Going from manual pricing to online quoting taught me that the human brain can do things so much more easily than an automated system which has its limits. It took me a while to figure out what I could do and could not do in the pricing possibilities that I could offer. Having said that, the Checkfront system is pretty damn impressive in what it can do but a slog to find out the limitations.

The invoicing and notification system is excellent. It allows for a sequence of events - the initial request and removal of item from inventory, the paying of a deposit and the sending out of a reminder for the balance. It has also allowed us to record bookings that come from another listing site. The notification system is good but , as with with all automatic sequences, you need to think carefully before setting a sequence in train because the same message notification might not be right for everyone. It takes a lot of thought to set up the generic sequence that will most often be used. However, it is very easy to make adjustments to the message before it goes out.

Checkfront may be used more for booking tours rather than holiday homes but it's flexibility allows for many different set-ups. Therein lies the problem with regard to the help pages. They are quite helpful with regard to what any particular feature is but most examples tend to be about booking tours rather than accommodation. I spent a lot of time working out what I could do and how I should do it, more or less by trial and error. In some ways that is a good thing because I learnt so much more about the system by the sheer repetition of trying so many ways to do something. However, it would have saved me a lot of time to have some real examples of how to set up and overcome particular problems.
So far, I have only two irritations with the software. One is the mobile phone app which could be much improved but is not actually a bother because I really do not need to carry my office in my pocket. The other is the Inventory calendar. I wish I could highlight the row that I am working on because it is very easy to start making alterations to the wrong row. I also wish that I could highlight a period of time to add or remove a property from inventory. You can only do that one day at a time which is tedious and non-intuitive. There are other ways round this and perhaps there is a good programming reason for the limitation.

Brenda
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

Very responsive customer care

Very positive experience with Checkfront - nothing seems to be a problem, always supportive response from Support staff. Really very happy with product and overall support.

The software has many really useful functions e.g. waivers; group waivers; integration with Xero. The developements in terms of the calendar and manifest are great improvements but little tweaks in layout would declutter the view.

Some of the details functionality is brilliant - often not easy to find how to do something but just ask the Support folks and they usually have a very neat solution to offer.

The customer support is fantastic, so responsive and are very wiling to take a suggestion/issue back to the developers.

Find the Inventory calendar a bit cluttered and the mobile app could be done with a little refinement in terms of daily manifest.

Integration with Xero needs a little refinement - would be excellent if an admin could choose which Payment Methods are integrated, at the moment every transaction creates a Xero invoice which is not always appropriate (e.g. gift vouchers, cash, face-to-face card payments) so there can be quite a bit of voiding in Xero to correct position.

The Partner Accounts are too restrictive for the way we work with our partners so we had to provide User accounts to provide the functionality.

Bewertet am 7.11.2022

This is the worst software I have ever used

Checkfront is, honestly and truly, the worst product I have ever used. Unfortunately our company requires it.I truly dislike every aspect of using Checkfront. As bad as it is for the customers and guides, the backend administrative side is even worse. Everything you'll want to do to set up tours will take at least three times as long as you expect. You'll be making frequent contact with customer service when the product fails. And even with all that work, it still lacks extremely basic functionality.

Customer service is generally helpful when the software or back end service fails. Unfortunately I need to use this a lot.

The user interface and user experience is entirely nonsensical. The most basic, basic thing a guide needs is to check in guests on a tour. Checkfront doesn't even show the guide how many people are on the tour. It doesn't alphabetize the guests, so the guide has to search through a list of randomly sorted names every time a guest comes in. Many guides in our company have refused to use Checkfront at all, and simply don't check in the guests. Many customers show up on our tour without booking, because they said they couldn't figure out the Checkfront booking system. How many customers and how much money have we lost because of the Checkfront UI? We'll never know.

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you are having a frustrating experience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We take feedback seriously and are confident that our support team can help with most of the points you referenced.

We've recently attempted to get in touch with you - if you are interested in resolving these issues, please contact [email protected]. The anonymity of this review prevents us from being able to reach out directly.

Warmly,
Natalie @ Checkfront

Beantwortet am 23.11.2022

Die besten Alternativen zu Checkfront

Shane
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

Customizable reservation system

Very very good customer support team

Checkfront allows us to customize our reservation system to fit our specific business needs

There is a definite learning curve to using this product.

Hi Shane!

Thank you for your review :) We appreciate it!

Your feedback on getting started is going to be shared with our teams.

Thank you again for choosing Checkfront!

Chalets

Bewertet am 30.6.2021

wonderful software!

It is the first sofware that is really easy to use and understand. I know IQWare, Crystal, Otello, FileMaker and another one I don't remember but this one is the best for our needs.

The help support online. Chat with somebody to help you with a problem is really really good.

Some issues for dates that we don't want check-in and check-out but finally was fixed lately.

Hi there,

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate the time you took for this :)

We are happy to hear that our Support team has been helpful and that you were able to move forward with your Check-in/out dates.

Thank you, again for choosing Checkfront :)

Bewertet am 25.8.2023

A really good all round system

Overall, Checkfront is a good, well rounded product. Day to day use causes little frustration, so using it constantly during my working day is a pleasure and where issues arise, a creative solution will normally fix the problem or make it easier to complete the task

Checkfront offers a number of key features that make it fully customisable and suitable for a range of businesses including activity companies, rental companies and hotels. If you run a combination of things, then it is the perfect solution as you can adapt different parts of the system to the needs of your staff and guests.

Checkfront's front-end booking portal plug-in is fairly ugly and is not particularly customisable (even with the new upgrade to this). If there was greater customisation to this, we would likely look to use the booking page option. For the moment we will stick with the API integration, however this is also not particularly great with no updates made to the API for years now (which our web developer mentions frequently).Checkfront's new prices raised an eyebrow - Their previous pricing felt very competitive however the new pricing tiers have made us really question whether Checkfront is value for money

Hi Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Our product team thrives off the feedback from customers like you, and we've passed this on to them to consider.

Cathy
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 27.8.2023

Eagle Wings Lodge

Generally good except when changes need to be made to bookings or refunds.

The many reports and options available.

Two calendars are confusing. Making changes to reservations. Difficult to figure out even with directions creating frustration and lots of time spent trying. Not user friendly- too many terms that are not easy to learn. Sorry to complain.

Hi Cathy,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review - any feedback can help us improve.

We do apologize that you are not having the best experience with our software. We are always looking to improve, and if you are curious you can check out our Ideas Portal (and submit ideas of your own) for things we can work on: https://portal.productboard.com/checkfront/1-checkfront-idea-portal/tabs/5-ideas.

Jamie @ Checkfront

Beantwortet am 30.8.2023
Wendy
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen

Bewertet am 25.8.2023

Best product for multi product offerings

Very positive!

Checkfront has been a game changer for our industry and especially the company. The online booking has freed up time to focus on other necessary duties and the price allows us to run our business more effectively and efficiently.

The glitches of trying to change a reservation and sometimes it just won't. That's a little time consuming and annoying but it doesn't happen that often. Sometimes the reports can be cumbersome.

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your review! We're so glad to hear Checkfront helps you save time and run your business more efficiently.

Fred
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 26.8.2023

Great service for the small tour opperation like my business

Great, good service and most of the time I can figure things out without any help from customer service.

At first it took some time to understand the platform, but their people made that process easier with various videos and instructions

Kinda expensive on a monthly basis, and oftentimes I'll have no tours, but still have to pay Checkfront

Hi Fred,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you've had a positive experience with our Support teams.

If you are curious, we also offer an alternative to the monthly fee, where a percentage per booking fee is charged, rather than a subscription. So times when you have no tours, you don't pay. You can find more information here: https://www.checkfront.com/plans/.

Jamie @ Checkfront

Beantwortet am 30.8.2023
  • Branche: Sportartikel

Bewertet am 25.8.2023

Checkfront is the heart of our services business

Ease of use and excellent customer service

Integration with websites is somewhat limited. WOuld love to have it be a bit more customizable.

Antwort von Checkfront

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear Checkfront supports the needs of your business and improves your customers' experience!

Beantwortet am 28.8.2023
Dylan
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Checkfront Has Changed The Game

Overall our experience with Checkfront has been hugely positive. The support provided by the team throughout the customisation process was always fast, easy to understand and tailor made for me.

After operating our business for years without an online, pre-paid bookings system we had no idea of the positive impact Checkfront would have, not just for our business but for our lives. Red Star Music is a recording studio and rehearsal spaces and there was initial concern that introducing this type of system would 'scare away', deter or frustrate existing customer but to our surprise, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. It has been a win/win situation for everyone.

Pros for customers:

* No longer have to rely on getting in touch with us to book and check availability.
* No longer have to request invoices.
* Checkfront with the addition of digital access to the spaces means we are able to be open 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.

Pros for us:

* Protection from financial losses due to people not showing up for bookings, cancelling last minute and refusing to pay. With Checkfront's pre-paid system and our compulsory terms of agreement, the responsibility is placed entirely on the customers to organise themselves.
* Protection from human error during the bookings process (on our part).
* We are now open 24hrs/7 days a week and no longer are required to have onsite staff members collecting payment whenever there are bookings.
* We have more time to focus on other aspects of the business and our lives rather than having to be on call around the clock. Our phones are very quiet these days and we have more bookings than ever.

Understanding that our needs are fairly complicated when it comes to a customised bookings system, there are really only a few very minor things:

It'd be nice to be able to set a rule that a certain time slot booking can only be booked when another before it is in place. For example - we'd like to run a 2hr discount session from 9-11pm as a gap filler on week days but we only want customers to be able to book that session if a 5-9pm session is already booked so that we aren't blocking a potential 4hr 7-11pm, higher value session. Does that make sense? No biggie though!

There are a couple of things with the mobile app however:

1. If I'm away and I want to check tomorrow's bookings on my phone to see whether I need to be there or not, I can open the app and see in the list of customers from earliest to latest (top to bottom), but I have to tap into each individual customer to see what time they are actually booked, making it difficult for me to get and overall visual of how I'm going to organise the day, hire gear etc.
2. I often want to be able to contact customers when I'm away to give them instructions but there doesn't seem to be any way for me to access contact details, phone/email for the bookings in the mobile app. Being able to tap copy their phone numer and send a quick text would make life much easier.

Lucy

Bewertet am 20.2.2019

Great System & Exceptional Service for my Rental Business

That said considering Checkfront is relatively inexpensive for what they offer and it's not a custom built program I can't really fault them. Some people complain about various needs not being met but unless you want to pay big dollars for a custom package you can't expect to have all your wish list met. I'm in the processes of resolving this by having my developer use Checkfront's API to integrate into my website. One of the things we're doing is adding Delivery and Collection as a separate step in the booking process.

We've been very happy with Checkfront. I can't even imagine trying to run my business without them.

I have used Checkfront for five years and the service has always been outstanding. They always reply very quickly to my emails. I've phoned them a couple of times but really there's no need to phone as their email response is so good. It also means you have a record of what's discussed. Having an inventory based rental system that allows my customers to book online and keep stock updated keeps me ahead of the competition. I love the customised notifications that are specific to the items booked. The free add-ons are amazing. Being able to link to my accounting software makes life simple.

You have to keep a very close eye on products being returned. If something isn't returned it's very easy for it to "fall off the system" if it's not noticed on the due date. It would be good to be able to scan items back in or at the very least for the item to remain on the desktop until it's been checked off. I understand Checkfront are working on this. The only other concern for us has been that delivery and collection has to be booked as an actual item and not offered at Checkout. Our customers are confused by this no matter how many prompts we add. I believe it's because customers are used to an online retails experience where it is common practice for Delivery to offered after items have been selected and you are at the final stages before payment.

Pietra

Bewertet am 31.7.2016

Complicated systems for Dummies :)

I own and operate Stellar Micro Creations, in Rome, Italy. I have absolutely no experience with systems and programming. The check front booking system was incredibly over my head because it was very complicated but in the end it is good that it was so complicated because now I know that it can accommodate every complicated need of booking for my products.. I learn more and more options as I go along. The thing that has made this all possible for me to do is the fantastic support team at Checkfront. Once I got into the groove of communicating with Checkfront I have made hastened the development of my learning curve and am WAY more relaxed and not worried because I know that there is a support team that can help me. Anyway, I have so much more to say. There is also support in the Blogs. I had changed my approach to how I would start my business by reading one of the blog posts about referral business instead of using the costly Adwords which were not really working with my small companies start up budget. I consider the support team and the system as a partner of my business.

I like that this software can accommodate any complicated idea that I want to achieve when it comes to booking my tours.. and also I have just discovered the power of the Partners accounts. It has broadened my idea of how I can sell and increased my success potential. I do not have a lot of experience in this field but the featured of check front has given me a platform of growing my business and gives me a vision of what I can accomplish..

I haven't really discovered anything so far that I like least because I am in such a learning curve.. I am in the mode of discovering all the new things that I can do so far.. I might have a comment on this in a year or so. Oh yes!! It would be fantastically helpful if Checkfront would send a notification to my cell phone from the app or something that I have got a booking.. I have to log into check front all the time to see if I have a booking..

Danielle
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Great Features, Design Needs Work

The software is clearly developed by people who can incorporate a lot of needed functions into one space. The visual design of everything, however needs work - it's clunky and there are too many pages to navigate through when booking. It's not attractive to incorporate the online booking forms into our existing website.

Fantastic customer support, great array of booking features, lots of details can be adjusted once you figure out how to navigate the admin sections.

There are A LOT of ways to customize booking forms on check-front. We run a multi-purpose community center, with multiple rooms at different rates. This software is able to handle all of it and is one of the few programs available where I can adjust payments manually.

Customer service is also excellent - I've received so much help from the team online. The customized videos that they have sent to me have been most helpful. All of my queries have been answered within an hour or two of asking.

- We hire out on space on an hourly basis to limited English speakers. Our customers repeatedly say that the red and green days (for customer online booking calendar) are unclear. It would be great to have a yellow option that shows SOME times are still available during a day if the whole day isn't booked.

- Very difficult to set up from the beginning

- Would like more report functionalities (ie. basic monthly breakdown of who booked how many times, income generated for a particular period, calendar print out of bookings)

- A drag and drop feature for adjusting bookings would be appreciated.

Dede
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 18.9.2020

Checkfront Review

I am overall satisfied with the product. It is inexpensive, however, I do have some issues in the way the Customer Service can be lengthy in responding and often will send a video link, rather then taking 10 minutes over the phone to help-out.

That it is a Canadian led company based out of Victoria.

The Customer Service can be either super on point (major koodos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], one of your Custom Service agent) and/or lengthy and not super helpful.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Mindbody

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront

Canadian based

Hi Dede,

Thank you for your honest review! We are happy to hear that you appreciate our Support team.

Our Support team will send custom-made videos to our users so that they can experience and learn by watching our team. These videos can be paused, or downloaded for later.

Thank you again, for choosing Checkfront! :)

Bewertet am 13.2.2019

Helpful for Small Businesses

Overall we are very satisfied with Checkfront. Any time we have had to contact support for a problem, they respond quickly and provide satisfactory solutions.

Basically Checkfront is fairly easy to use. As a tour operator, there is a lot of flexibility given to obtain the information we need from our passengers. We feel it is easy to maintain and fits our needs. For our guests using the software, we have never received any negative comments and feel it is user friendly. We like that we were able to link our liability waivers for the guests to complete ahead of time which saves a lot of time and paper. Another timesaver is the way the bookings are linked directly to our Quickbooks account. Overall, we are very satisfied with everything that Checkfront does for us.

Reporting seems to have a fair amount of issues. We have contacted support about this and they are aware of the problem but just haven't figured out a solution yet. This is very time consuming to manually calculate monthly and yearly sales totals which are definitely incorrect in the Checkfront system.

Jorge
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Bewertet am 15.2.2019

Rental Provider

Staff incredible, software flawless and the user friendliness is exactly what i needed! I could not conduct my business without Checkfront!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way that i could do my business without Checkfront. I was able to learn the software and all its benefits within 1-hour. The support staff provides superior service and is always available to help with any questions or concerns i have. I recommend Checkfront to all my business friends and use it 10 times or more a day. Thank you for providing this incredible software!!!!

I do not like the affiliate program and quite honestly don't understand why i would be required to upgrade my plan in order to allow affiliates to get commission and have there own portal to create booking for the company. I am currently only allowed to have 10 affiliate accounts on my business and with my business working with thousands of travel agents it would be nice if you allowed unlimited affiliate accounts as apart of the service.

Melissa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 27.12.2019

Review on behalf of Haliburton Forest

Overall we have been very satisfied. We have been able to relieve some of the stress from the office by having online reservations available and allowing for customers to book for themselves.

Ease of use. There are a few things that should be addressed, but overall ease of use has been fantastic.

Certain features need some work or need to become available for better functionality.

Antwort von Checkfront

Hey Melissa, thanks for that review. We're glad to know that Checkfront has been a stress-free booking software and that everything's been easy to use! We're happy to help should you need any assistance. We value your business with us :)

Beantwortet am 21.2.2020
Andrea

Bewertet am 22.2.2019

Checkfront Review

I am able to be more organized at a glance. Know what's coming up, what balances are due etc

The calendar function, and all the internal notes attached to the booking.

Wow uhm.. lets see
I hate that I cannot group modify any items. For example in fishing boat. I cannot click to change and add a commission amount to all. I want to modify items by group outside of the inside of each tour item.

I want to copy and duplicate a group instead of having to copy the parent, then the children, and the wrapper. It makes for more mistakes.

Also a copy should warn you to update to the correct child links after being copied, and before your save.

I don't like that I cannot assign different commission amounts depending on whom I am paying

I don't like that I can only send deposit or full balance. I don't like that I can't place a rule that adds a 5% fee after they pay deposit if they want to them make final full payment.

I wish there was a way that the reports could just report deposits minus commissions due.

I hate the outside GUI, the internal database is super in comparison. Outside looks and feels super clunky and you should use something like elementor technology for visual moving the parts in the back end for greater design functionality. Then peoples designs can look different and we can add or remove features as needed, we should be able to save or use template designs depending in the style of tour we sell.

In my emails, I want to have a visual editor and add my tagline and email signature, instead of copying and pasting it everytime.

Adrian

Bewertet am 5.7.2021

Checkfront transformed our Business

A product is only as good as the team behind it, there is always a learning curve when implementing a system like this that controls your business and I can say hand on heart the Support Team have been there all the way, I have never found a companies support as efficient as Checkfront.

Online live inventory control and cash collection on bookings helped us manage our business far more efficiently than we ever could in the past.

Nothing comes to mind, there are features we don't use, but that is more likely because it is irrelevant to the way we use Checkfront, not necessarily a con.

Antwort von Checkfront

Hi Adrian, thanks for your honest feedback. We're glad you're enjoying the flexibility that Checkfront provides and that our Support Team has been so helpful!

Once again, thanks for choosing Checkfront :)

Brian
Brian

Bewertet am 8.2.2019

Solid, feature-filled software product that seamlessly integrates with our business

Checkfront very easily allowed us to move the vast majority of our reservations from over the phone reservations to online reservations freeing valuable staff time. Nothing but good feelings about Checkfront.

Checkfront is easy to use for our customers, extremely reliable on the back-end, provides amazing value for our business at its cost, is continually improving their product, and provides fast and clear-cut support for any issues. It is easy to integrate with our existing services and online presentation, giving our customers a seamless and easy-to-use experience when ordering through our website.

Sometimes I wish the customizations for automated email communications were more granular in terms of controlling what information goes out and comes in based on product types.

Jennie

Bewertet am 31.8.2023

My review

I like it.. I just don't like the app. I wish the app was better. I would prefer to use the app on my phone and for our employees - but it's limited and it kicks you out on a daily basis. Pretty frustating.

Lots of great stuff about this. Pretty easy to use..

The app is awful. Kicks me out daily. Needs to be improved big time.

Antwort von Checkfront

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Checkfront. Our product team thrives off of customer feedback and I have passed this feedback along to them!

Beantwortet am 14.9.2023
Greg

Bewertet am 2.11.2022

If you are in between while choosing, choose it.

This app is a must have for any property owner or business owner. It is a great way to manage your business and you can be notified instantly when there is an event that you need to be aware of. This is an amazing hotel management app and can be used anywhere in the world.

Sometimes I have minor connection problems but I think it has nothing to do with the tool. I'm not sure there is a problem, I can say that it works in general without any problems.

Sharon

Bewertet am 30.8.2023

Checkfront Is Great!

My overall experience with Checkfront has been good

I like the reservation calendar and online booking the most.

I think it would be beneficial to be able to mark rooms as they're cleaned. This would enable me to when to know when the room is clean and ready to be turned over to the next guest.

Antwort von Checkfront

Hi Sharon, thank you so much for writing a review for Checkfront! The product team thrives off customer feedback and I have passed yours along to them.

Debbie
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 21.8.2018

Definitely a good business solution

Overall the decision to go with CF has been very positive. It has definitely made handling the large volume of customers much easier. The automated parts, like guest confirmations, has been time saving for sure. We do find the product set up with dates and times to be rather confusing and almost always involves support emails to get us sorted out. It would be great if this could be more intuitive. Also the option to handle retail items would be a huge asset. The only real negative is that I can't hide my financial reports from the front line staff. If I restrict this access it also restricts the reports they need to cash out at days end. I would consider switching off of CF if I was made an offer by a similar company who offers this feature. (I simply haven't looked yet, but plan to do a system review in the fall). Overall the support and features are worth the very reasonable price for what we find to be a stable system.

The ease of the real time online booking for our customers and the automated guest management functions

-lacks basics like being able to hide financial reports from front line staff.
-can't return partial funds to a credit card, must return full amount charged
-managing AR/AP payments is confusing and a huge hassle
-no way to visually separate products by time on the dashboard calendar (i.e.: afternoon tour from morning tour, etc, based on start time)

313 Bewertungen