MSP360 Managed Backup Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über MSP360 Managed Backup

MSP360 Backup ist eine nutzerfreundliche Back-up-Lösung mit zentraler Verwaltung, Überwachung und Berichterstattung. Nativ in AWS, Wasabi, Backblaze B2 und Microsoft Azure integriert, bietet die Plattform einen herausragenden...

4,4
4,4

Nutzerbewertungen zu MSP360 Managed Backup durchsuchen

219 von 219 Bewertungen
Marco
Marco

Bewertet am 6.9.2022

Excellent option for nimble MSPs, pay only for what you use

Very satisfied, excellent price-value

They don't force you to pay upfront for storage, I use their Amazon S3 bucket and the license price is excellent for a nimble MSP (one man band) like myself.

It takes a bit to understand purchasing and applying licenses

Acronis Cyber Backup

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MSP360 Managed Backup

Low cost, easy to deploy and constant training/education
Yisroel

Bewertet am 1.12.2022

A great MSP backup solution

Excellent, it brought to me a real confidence in managing my backups, that I can respond quickly if there is any issues.

It allows all clients to be on one platform for easy management. I had multiple solutions before, frankenstack. Now all in one place, one bill, one view. Very NiceAlso they have multiple forms of backups, local, cloud, file, image, all of them I implement.

At this point I really do not have any cons. I have had good response from tech support when I had issues. They did change a backup type that I was using, which was not secure. The change made sense.

Warum MSP360 Managed Backup gewählt wurde

left datto because of cost and limitations, I left ibackup because it was not centrally manageable. The central management solution did not save me anything, and in fact would have cost me more.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MSP360 Managed Backup

Central management, great cost for me, and it kept the cost down for the customer.
Alexander

Do not use MSP360

Sometimes I can be a cheapskate. Sometimes being a cheapskate leads me to choose the wrong software. I made that mistake with MSP 360. I have it installed on many client devices and migrating to another software is going to cost me a lot of time. Someday I will find that time and I will be so glad to be off this platform.

When I moved to MSP360 it was called Cloudberry Backup and it was not bad. They changed their name and pricing and made everything worse. So I guess the best thing about MSP360 is that it was not always as bad as it is now.

The web interface is terrible. It is very difficult to figure out how to navigate the interface to find backup history, restore data, even managing licenses is difficult. The only thing worse than their web interface is the new backup wizard. There are too many ways to mess it up and no easy way to clone configurations accoss multiple devices much less sites.

Die besten Alternativen zu MSP360 Managed Backup

Cove Data Protection

Veeam Data Platform

Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud

Matt

Bewertet am 15.9.2022

Helps me sleep at night

I have only needed help once during the installation process and tech support was fast and walked me though my confusion... It was much more simple install than I was thinking.

Integrating MSP360 into our workflow was a breeze. The timely alerts and very detailed reports are very helpful internally and with the clients.

Could use a more modern web GUI and the work flow tends to jump around... better feature grouping would be great.

• Branche: Textilien

Best Bang for the Buck

I really like the storage options if gives for backups.

I have used many backup software in my career 20+ years and MSP360 offers the most for a small to mid size solution.

Warum MSP360 Managed Backup gewählt wurde

ease of use and pricing and I have more control of my backups.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MSP360 Managed Backup

ease of use and pricing and I have more control of my backups.
Carlton
  • Branche: Öl & Energie

Bewertet am 9.9.2022

Great Backup

Great, Backup all our vSphere infrastructure with the software

Like the dashboard where I can control my backup schema. Also, like the daily logs, so I get conformation that the servers have been backed up.

Actually nothing, does just fine for all my needs

Extremely customisable and reliable

We have been using it for 5+ years and would have stayed if it wasn't good enough for our clients. It's also great to be able to brand the installation client for a professional look.

It is very easy to use and offers a wide range of configuration options. Initial setup is quick and the costs are reasonable. It's also especially good to be able to pick multiple Cloud storage providers as well as having a local backup to NAS as an option.

Some of the monitoring reports could be expanded upon, and also some of the Restore filters to enable to browse/search certain archived files could be improved.

Acronis Cyber Backup

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MSP360 Managed Backup

Ability to brand and also customisation of cloud storage providers.

Awesome Backup Software

Hands down the best backup software for the value and features offered.

Some features are only available if you choose certain S3 providers. Like the immutable write features for example. It isn't really a problem if you know ahead of time.

Veeam Data Platform

Warum MSP360 Managed Backup gewählt wurde

Price and features. N-Able started to get expensive really fast and wasn't working very well with my pricing model to the customer. MSP360 allows me to create a pricing model I can easily predict and leave plenty of room for a nice profit.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MSP360 Managed Backup

Veeam wasn't the most friendly to setup and administration seemed a little bit confusing at times.
Sam

Bewertet am 9.2.2021

Set It and Forget It Backup

I use MSP360 backup on all of the PCs in the house and to backup one of my elderly relative's PC. I'm also about to set it up for my Father for his backups. I backup to Wasabi storage (highly recommended) for cheap, fast, reliable backups for my entire household!

Basically once it's setup all I have to do is keep an eye on the email alerts for possible issues and it just works!

It does occasionally suffer from a few small bugs, but that's the beauty with MSP360; the support is awesome!

Shawn

Full featured product

It is a great product. The only overall thing I could suggest would be to make it a little more intuitive to use.

It has a lot of security features I didn't see in many other backup products. Suggested improvements are seen by the company and many times implemented into the product. You can see everything that has been suggested by other users and can vote and comment on them.

It is fairly complicated and took me a little while to learn. But once you learn how to get around it is easy.

Comet Backup

Warum MSP360 Managed Backup gewählt wurde

Not enough security or features.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MSP360 Managed Backup

The console was completely online so we didn't have to host anything. Plus security was more robust.
Alexander
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 6.9.2022

Mostly works, a few caveats

Works well enough for most things except immutability

Cheaply and reliably encrypts and ships backups to Amazon for long-term storage as an LTO tape alternative. Once setup, it's pretty set-and-forget.

Automation around the product is somewhat difficult (e.g., automating ad-hoc restores from Rundeck). Also, immutable storage is complicated when you have a simple use-case, such as needing to backup SQL database backup files like transaction logs. It's not just a toggle-switch.

Edward

Bewertet am 31.5.2018

The perfect solution for critical desktops

Cost saving and fewer problems with critical desktop recovery and migration

I've been using Cloudberry products since 2012, initially various versions of Cloudberry Explorer, plus Cloudberry Server Backup for a client's web and development servers. I started using Cloudberry Desktop Backup for myself a couple of years ago, and am now implementing it for a client. They have a situation with critical data being split between desktops and servers, and an older backup system for their servers, Cloudberry Desktop offers desktop backup at a lower cost than using the existing system's desktop agents, as well as independence more secure and predictable storage, all at a much lower cost than the various online systems, and control of your own data. Restoration is also much quicker, when needed. Finally there is no need for constant paid upgrades and eventual "this version is no longer supported" situations.

Regarding the desktop backup, it would be nice to have a management facility to take care of multiple installations. The user profile backup is a little misleading, since one of the major subfolders of a profile must be selected - i.e - Documents, Desktop, Downloads. Many recruiters tend to save and edit resumes in the downloads directory. It would be nice to have an option for documents, downloads, and desktop in one shot.

Antwort von MSP360

Hello and thanks for your review.
>Regarding the desktop backup, it would be nice to have a management facility to take care of multiple installations.

We have built a solution, specifically for these needs. It is called CloudBerry Managed Backup and will allow you to fully manage multiple installations.
Check out: https://www.cloudberrylab.com/managed-backup.aspx

Beantwortet am 4.6.2018
Andrej

Bewertet am 7.9.2022

One of the best backup product for SMB and IT providers

Very satisfied, have been using many backup products in past 20 years and now I am happy and satisfied user, re-seller and admin of MSP360 for almost 10 years and have no plans to switch to anything else. Quite a lot of times I use it to restore some files, which users deleted accidentally or overwrote unintentionally, and process of finding right version of the file is much, much easier than with many other products.

What we like most is product being in affordable price range even for resale to lower budget end-users, while at the same time having all enterprise options and, as shown during years of use, enterprise reliability.

It is minor, but WEB user interface is a bit odd to me, as I was more used to some on-premises backup solutions. But it just needs some time to get used to, far beyond it being deal breaker.

Marian
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 15.9.2017

Excellent backup software for saving to cloud and local. The only one I use for Windows.

I know my clients' data is being backed up reliably. I use Cloudberry Lab Backup for clients locally and with AWS S3/Glacier. My clients are home users and small businesses.

The gui is well-designed, there are plenty of options. The choice of cloud storage providers is huge. It's extremely reliable. I've used Cloudberry Lab Backup - free and paid - on clients' servers, desktops, laptops for years. Even when there was no free version the price was so reasonable, much more affordable than other backup programs. In combination with Cloudberry Explorer, you can't beat it. Unlike many other backup solutions, you can also save locally too. The best tool for Windows backup strategies.

You do have to be fairly technically proficient (which isn't necessarily bad for us tech providers since we have to make a living!) so it's unlikely a regular end user would be able to deal with it. I would like the free version to allow a bit more than 200GB - maybe 350GB - just so I don't worry that a client's backups would stop working since I'm not onsite IT. But the price for one desktop license is so reasonable that if I'm sure a client will need more I just buy one. I did try Cloudberry Lab Backup on the Mac and didn't like it as well as Arq, but that was a while ago. Really this is excellent software.

Bewertet am 7.9.2022

Great value for money product

It has allow us to streamline backups to the cloud and onboard customers quickly

Easy of use, easy to setup, restore from cloud quite speedy

Support could be improved, it would be better if you software generated and sent the log files to support when creating a support ticket

Steve

Bewertet am 8.9.2022

Long term (7+ years) MSP user

MSP360 (or Cloudberry as it was 7 years ago) is one of our longest vendor relationships and one I've never had to revisit.
We rely on the product for peace of mind, and as head of the company I appreciate it as much as my engineers do. Anyone in IT for a decent period of time has felt the gut punch feeling from a server issue and having to recover data from backups, MSP 360 has always had our back!

We use MSP360 for most of our customers on a variety of platforms and servers. It's a mature product and one rely on.

If pushed, I remember in the past there being a few times we had to chase support. But in the last 2 to 3 years this seems to have been addressed anyway.

Bewertet am 9.9.2020

No Cloud without CloudBerry

CloudBerry has been an essential component of our successful operations in AWS GovCloud. Hopefully, it will continue to deliver fantastic service now that it's owned by Microsoft.

Thank you to the entire CloudBerry team for the assistance you've provided to us over the last seven years!

Since we moved into the AWS GovCloud seven years ago, we have relied on CloudBerry for daily backups of our MS SQL Server database and our Perforce codebase. CloudBerry has been FANTASTIC! Great price, but more importantly, completely dependable and worth every dime. Support has always been quick and effective.

I can't think of any issues that have been a problem.

Tejas
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.11.2023

MSP 360 Backup Product Review

All the offered features like backup, schedule, manageability, encryption, data restoration etc.

when in need of for the support there are too many KBs shared through email to go through and perform the investigation by our own. That leads to maximum investment of time. In please of that I would suggest MSP 360 to give a call back as soon as possible to the customer to provide the appropriate solution.

Chuck
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 6.9.2022

Great value without sacrificing features

Overall, great solution and price with flexibility on all fronts!

The cost for what you get is undeniable. You get all the industry features needed to provide backup and disaster recovery solutions for your clients. We have also had success in recovering data for clients which is the most important during a ransomware attack or data loss.

The interface to manage costs and licenses could be better. Also, there could be some improvement on recovering data from the cloud console!

Nathan
Nathan

Bewertet am 20.1.2018

There is backup, and there is cloudberry backup

When you want to backup your information, computers, servers, NAS, and make it so that it is not that expensive, there is simply no better option out there.

I really don't know the story of this company, but it feels like they have been around forever, they absolutely know everything about backup!!!
They are extremely good, one of the few that connects with backblaze b2, it is such a nice thing to work with them, their support exceeds every expectation... there is just not a single bad thing one can say about this company.
Everything they do is smart and well thought out.
And you have so many extras like webinars where they explain everything.
You can't go wrong with them!

There is nothing not to like, even the price is awesome, the only issue is that you have to pay for the licenses upfront and only on a year per year basis.
Which makes it a bit more expensive to get started, but that is about it. Everything else is awesome.

MSP360 is THE affordable backup for MSPs and small businesses

Support has been great and with Wasabi storage, we're good to go!

It's price point so we can make our margins but the client can still afford it.

It can take some time to get the first full backup.

Jim
  • Branche: Computer-Hardware

Bewertet am 22.3.2019

Support is crappy

I use to like the ticket support of Cloudberry Labs. I have been a paid maintenance customer since 2013. In the maintenance plan they offer upgrades and support.
Even though they enjoy my annual maintenance fees on 9 licenses they refuse to honor the upgrade clause in the agreement.

I use to recommend the software and praise the support but in the past year it has went downhill fast. They don’t even read the issue in the support ticket and respond otherwise.

I don’t not recommend them any more now based upon my real life experience now.

Ease of use
Ease of install
Runs in background

Crappy support
Annual fee required to keep upgraded
Refuse to honor their maintenance agreements

Davide
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

Bewertet am 12.9.2022

Great chance to solve our customers' needs

Great esperience: we use it in the MSP scenario with great business success: our customers find our service unique, from different point of view: partner support is great and solved us every problem very quickly.

It's one of the real "on-the-cloud" solution, with only very poor effort to install agents on premise. Great reporting tools and very broad set of configurable features.
Definitively our choice, after 6-months software selection.

at the moment nothing relevant for a negative rate.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Informationsdienst

Bewertet am 6.11.2018

Nice basic backup application with a lot of functionality

Deployed this product to upload backups to Amazon aws and backplaze. It works as designed.

Easy to use.
Very stable.
Lots of features and functionality.
Integrates with many cloud storage platforms.
Has MSP management and re-branding capability.

Logging could be significantly improved.
More information could be available online to help troubleshoot this product.
Customer service could be easier to reach over the phone and could be slightly higher level support.

Jeremy

Bewertet am 7.9.2022

Solid, easy to use product/service

The product works very well, and the sales and support team are courteous, professional and a pleasure to work with.

MSP360's backup software is super easy to deploy and manage. Their support is fast, knowledgeable, and thorough. One of the best experiences I have had with a vendor in a very long time.

Nothing that I can think of at this time.

219 Bewertungen