Über MYOB Business

MYOB Business accounting software is designed to help businesses of any size across Australia and New Zealand take care of GST, invoices, reporting, expenses & payroll (including Single Touch Payroll). Designed to save time,...

3,4

Ivan
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Bewertet am 4.9.2018

A Solid Piece Of Software

I have used MYOB for years, it's perfect for getting the job done, and easy to use.

Sometimes the ability to change or delete transactions is a little bit dangerous.

Arslan
  • Branche: Bankwesen

Bewertet am 4.5.2018

The Software helps me to evolve in my career my much .

The benefits are countless. I am really happy and exceptionally relaxed with using this software. By far, its the most reliable and efficient software that I have encountered.

The systematic features really helps to sort out the accounting issues. I am always leading the task upto the standards and mostly efficiently only using this specialized software.

The complications of finding a specific set of files is really hectic. I have to go through the whole bunch of files and reenters the balance whenever I have to made some ammendments.

Lee
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 22.5.2017

The software is good for a small entity but once you grow and need more detail it becomes a...

For a small firm with limited reporting requirements it is okay but for any jobs with Work Breakdown Structure requirements it comes up short and becomes a limiter for the company. I get very frustrated with the after sales support system. It is not customer focused and leaves you wondering why you pay for it.

Good basic internal controls so novice bookkeepers can run day to day.
Easy to install and set up.
Reasonably cheap for what you get.
Handles GST well.

Not the best for Job costings.
Payroll system ordinary serious reporting drawbacks as far as information flow to the General Ledger.
Tends to freeze in reporting production which can lock out users.
Support service is very poor, you get the feeling the staff could care less in resolving issues.
Interactive screen supports not used you have to send a file and wait for a response.
Wait time on the phone for support is very bad.

Die besten Alternativen zu MYOB Business

matt
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bewertet am 8.7.2022

A must for any small business

its ease of use, Its simple. Everything is a click a way all bookkeepers and accountnats will have access in the back ground to pullt he data they need to complete tax things

I would ideally like to see a scheduling app or component added which id desktop and phone friendly

Quickbooks Online
Nicole
  • Branche: Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 14.11.2018

One of the top software for bookkeeping

I enjoy using MYOB simply because it does everything you need for a small business - sometimes needs more explanation with accounting though for new people.

glitches with POS machines is really the only thing I ever came across with this program, so not alot from a small business perspective.

Matthew

Bewertet am 18.5.2020

Don't start your business accounting with a regrettable decision, look elsewhere!

Underwhelming to say the least. I was partially sold on the fact that they have a customer service number to assist if need be, don't be fooled by this either, the call centre workers are rather unfamiliar with the MYOB product (unless I was unfortunate enough to speak with their newest member each time) and all my queries had to be looked up each time and they read answers from a screen which I could find on-line myself , they weren't able to elaborate nor answer any further questions I had outside of what was written in front of them.

Reasonably easy to use but have found Xero to be much better in almost every way.

Limited features and limited expandability compared to Xero. No was to have a back up of accounting file on your computer. If or once you decide Essentials ins't for you, they do not offer a way to transfer to their own Account Rite product nor do they off to export data to Xero. They will give you 1 month access as a read only before all data is deleted off their server unless you pay $25 Per month for the remaining 5 years you're required to keep the data

Quickbooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MYOB Business

The only reason I foolishly chose MYOB was because of their time and name in the industry and I knew someone else who used MYOB and found them ok at the time but who is also now in the same situation as me and wanting to change over to Xero.
Joshua
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 23.8.2022

Great software for small business

User experience is great and is easy to use for beginners. As the product has been around for some time, the forums are helpful for common issues and troubleshooting. From my experience the online support chat is helpful when needed. The myob capture app is great for recording receipts and invoices on the go for allocation later on desktop.

Recurring invoices are a great feature, however for my purposes, I would prefer a create from template feature for recurring contacts. Would prefer to have final say/approval over invoice reminders so the template can be customised to the circumstances. Some basic filtering and sorting features could be added for betting tracking of transactions, invoices, etc.

Beverly
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 28.4.2022

MYOB software

Process was easy to set up, had some good features that were used frequently

Needed more features added to make good use of the accounting,invoices were limited

• Branche: Tiefbau

Bewertet am 2.11.2020

Great software, but too pricey for my needs

Good software with lots of useful functionality, but too pricey for my needs and too cumbersome compared to other options

MYOB will polished with lots of mine integrations and options.

There are a number of different portals with different purposes and I would get lost sometimes navigating the various sites.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, Xero und Reckon One

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MYOB Business

I didn't choose it in the end.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 30.6.2021

MYOB for Tradies

I had little to do with the software save reading my payslips and annual payment summary. These werre accurate and easy to read.

I received my payslips from the office and they were done on MYOB. They were easy to read and showed everything necessary

There was no app for my to use at the time to record timesheet activities. I had to make a google spreadsheet and email it. If I had an app then my pays would be uploaded and so less mistakes would have occurred.

Joanne
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 23.2.2021

MYOB - easy to use, does what you need

Offers features that I need to do to manage the Company Financials. Support has been great and responsive.

MYOB is intuitive for the user to use, easy to use, simple to setup, has all the features you need to manage the Company finances. Also when regulation changes it quickly incorporates those changes and explains easily how to use the feature.

MYOB can get quite slow around EOFY - needs more grunt put in place around these times for cloud hosting. There is no live chat within the application for support.

Xero

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MYOB Business

Pricing and easier to use.

Bewertet am 9.2.2017

This is great accounting Software thank you

I have been using this software for over 10 years it is a bit expensive but works well
Especially after it went to cloud based

And I like if anything goes missing my computer gets Stolen or burns or virus then I don't lose everything because it's on the clouds

The cons are that it is too expensive for what it is

• Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 26.8.2020

MYOB Review

I like that it has been around for many many years, and the functionality has NEVER changed or been improved

The lack of development and modernisation of the product

Xero
  • Branche: Rechtsabteilung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 14.1.2019

I would recommend it to someone say a professional bookkeeper, I found Quickbooks to be more user friendly for easy bookkeeping soultuons also finding Quickbooks a lot cheaper than MYOB.

Very detailed, Easy to add transactions.

I found the software was not very “user friendly” especially as someone who isn’t the greatest at Bookeeping, the terms (words) and navigation was very hard sometimes. I ended up switching to Quickbooks.

• Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

MYOB keeps us on track and informed

Ese of use, accessibility, features are simple, seamless integration, reporting functions, governance

None, it is clear and easy to use daily.

• Branche: Tiefbau

Bewertet am 4.3.2021

Get your act together

works well when it does, is terrible when it doesn't with zero customer support!

Easy to use. If you have a computer, you can access everything

Glitch with reconciliation. You have to go back to the dashboard if you want to reconcile a different account (each time) have been trying to setup bank feeds for credit card for years. Have been unable to update credit card details or pay the bill for the product for 2 months. Very annoying to log into, nearly every time you have to log in two or three times before you actually log in. If you like waiting on the phone to talk to someone, only for the call to time out after 40mins or get put through to some white noise, again and again this is the company for you.

Harinder
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Bewertet am 3.3.2019

Call center people don't know what they are doing or how to setup licence properly

Horrible experience so far with MYOB, time I have waste every day to get my MYOB going is beyond limit as I have other things to do.

Overall software is not bad but support team is not trained enough to sort out all the issues customer might have. I know my licence issue not been resolved from last two months!!!

I'm trying to sort out my licence issue from last two months but unfortunately it is still keep going. I have to spend couple of hours on phone to get it sorted and they assure it won't happen again but after couple of weeks and sometime every next day it stop working and keep asking for renew your subscription.
I'm very much pissed off with support people as it seems like they don't know shit and I'm thinking to change to xero instead.

Gavin

Bewertet am 10.3.2021

MYOB essentials before it was put on the accountright platform was excellent.

Mostly problems compared to the old software.

Payroll is ok it has some nice features on pay items but nothing the old essentials could do easily.

The list is far too long. The old essentials is excellent. All that needed to be done is have the option of reports it had be converted to excel rather than PDF. The decision to go to accountright will be fatal.

Travis

Bewertet am 15.5.2019

Fun and simple to use for small businesses

Reconciling the bank, making invoices and categorising expenses is easy

There are a lot of desktop versions of MYOB and it can be seriously confusing trying to figure out which version you need to open when you receive and client file.

Denise

Bewertet am 5.4.2018

Make life easier

I have been using the web-based MYOB since its launch back in 2012. The functionalities and the interface/look have been improved over the years. I like it because it is web-based, so I don't need to export the accounts and send it to our accountant, also be able to work on the same and updated info from anywhere.

The subscription price has been increased a lot over the years. I used to pay around monthly and now it costs around. So, for a light user, it's expensive. But well, I guess I pay for the convenience. The interface is not the most intuitive, but once it's learned, it's easy.

Liam
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 11.3.2018

I really like using MYOB for my Business as it makes everything very easy and carefree

I like MYOB for my business as it is intuitive and it combines many different softwares. It is a 'one stop shop' for all my business needs which is what I need when I am very busy

What i like least about MYOB is that other softwares are more competitive in price. I stay with MYOB as I am used to the functionality off it and dont wish to change.

DAN
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 19.9.2018

Easy to use Accounting Softeware for SMB

I have used MYOB for many years and have not felt the need to change. We are currently able to solve all our accounting with the software. If the company was to expand then we would consider Xero instead.

I think MYOB is a good product and it does mostly what I need. It's very easy to do most accounting tasks. I do prefer the software versions rather than the Live/Cloud versions. though.

The customer service can take some time to get through to. and limited use of 3rd party payment gateways.

Bruce
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 16.6.2019

Need to be dragged into the new century

We have been stuck on it - and are currently planning our migration away from it.

Commonly used across small business which makes it easier to find bookkeepers who have experience in it

Needs to have a major overview from a features, functionality and user experience perspective.
Nearly no new features in 15 years.
An upgrade in technology, but delivering using out-dated tech stacks and restrictive implementation.
Not a wonder people are moving in droves to other products.

Russell
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 6.12.2016

Not exception but does the job

I have been using the MYOB Essentials purely for payroll of a bout 10 employees.
I find the customer service frustrating as it seems impossible to actually speak to anyone.
However the taxation reporting is very user friendly and makes very monthly reporting and payment very easy to use.
Overall, the price is very good and for the purposes of just payroll it does the job reasonably well

Taxation reporting

Customer service

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 20.6.2018

Product to keep your accounting and bookkeeping needs. little bit difficult to change & edit...

I suggested this software to my friend for daily bookkeeping. she is satified from this product.

simple use for data entry within the software, simple offline product to use for accounting & bookkeeping.

difficult to import the transactions with the help of excel. and little bit difficult to change and customize reports

105 Bewertungen