Über ZipBooks

ZipBooks is a cloud-based accounting and payment processing solution designed for small businesses and accountants. ZipBooks allows users to create customized invoices with logos, themes and messages. The online bookkeeping...

4,3
4,6
4,6

Nutzerbewertungen zu ZipBooks durchsuchen

100 von 100 Bewertungen
Jack

Bewertet am 16.3.2018

A great invoicing and accounting solution for small agencies and freelancers

A highly functional and easy-to-use platform for client invoicing and accounting.

Zipbooks is a phenomenal tool for invoicing and billing clients. As a digital agency, our team does all of our estimating, invoicing, billing, time tracking and accounting through Zipbooks, and it's been a great experience. The platform has seen continuous improvement throughout 2017 and 2018, so I have a lot of confidence that we'll continue to run our business through Zipbooks.

The slick interface comes to be a burden when reconciling transactions - if you're not an accountant by trade, it can be easy to make a mistake and have difficulty correcting it due to the streamlined presentation. After struggling with this, I've been able to refine my reporting process to work well with Zipbooks.

The project management tool/time tracking was a bit weak but it is getting better and I'm happy to see the service improve.

I would also like to see support for signing contracts/agreements for related invoices.

Mike

Bewertet am 18.12.2017

Great software with outstanding technical support

The software itself is fairly straightforward and easy to use, although for someone who doesn't know accounting that well it sometimes can be slightly confusing. What is really great though is that their support team is very knowledgeable and can not only help solve technical issues but can also help explain what their software means to you from an accounting standpoint.

Invoicing is simple and easy to use, integration to bank and credit card accounts continues to improve, and they continue to enhance the set of reports available to help you understand how your business is doing.

It's fairly minor stuff - the graph on the main page of the application assumes you are using accrual basis accounting, and that ends up misrepresenting the numbers you see if you are using cash basis accounting. I also don't like that I can define that my business uses cash basis but the reports always default to accrual.

It would be nice to understand how the business health score is calculated, as mine continues to decrease despite the fact that I thought my business was continuing to improve.

MICHAEL
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Bewertet am 21.6.2017

Was GREAT, Recently VERY DISAPPOINTED

Easy to use, you just cant get your money

Easy to use, no frills, perfect for small business. Makes the daily chore of bookkeeping fairly easy.

CAN"T GET YOUR PAYMENTS!!! this is the second time that my payments are not posting to my account. Customer service is responsive, but point the finger at their processor. that does not get me paid. My customers orders have been delayed because of a ZIPBOOKS issue. I have been waiting for my payments to be released for now in 12 days. This is completely unacceptable. They used to be completely free now they want you to upgrade and pay a monthly fee to use the advanced services, but suddenly can't process payments in a timely manner, or in my case at all. Just something to think about before you start using this service. If you NEED to get paid, might want to find another service.

Die besten Alternativen zu ZipBooks

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Alex
  • Branche: Design

Bewertet am 5.3.2019

Clean, powerful bookkeeping software

ZipBooks is perfect for my small business, though they have options for expansion (payroll, etc.)

I have had no major complaints so far and I think the platform is a great option if you're new to bookkeeping or experienced and want an alternative to some of the other major competitors.

ZipBooks has a very clean interface. All the data is so clear. It's a fast platform and it's easy to navigate. All the backend is there too if you're an experienced bookkeeper looking for flexibility.

The mobile app has a few bugs that are very obvious. Incorrect account balances and poor sorting of time tracking 'jobs.' Some of these bugs have been ongoing since I signed up, and a few have been fixed. I hope they keep improving the app.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 20.2.2019

Zipbooks for personal/business accounting

I have used many other book keeping softwares during the past 5-6 years for my personal / business use. But Zip books is the easiest tool among all those solutions. Ease of use, Features, Mobile app view are some of the features that i like the most

Time Tracking and generate invoices for those times for a particulate project is once of the greatest feature that zip books has. Other than that it would be very cost efficient and also very easy for a business to use this solution for there book keeping. Support team is really quick and helpful on the support queries.

This is a all in one solution where you can handle accounts for multiple businesses easily.

Amount of restrictions that applied during the free tire is higher in count when this is compared with other solutions.

Robin

Bewertet am 1.3.2018

Zipbooks makes it easy for me to manage accounting for my consulting business.

The user interface is intuitive and easy! I like that I don't have to be an accounting pro to get set up and start invoicing clients. My clients love how easy it is to pay me. They click a couple of buttons and they are done, which means faster payments and more efficient accounting for me!

Because I don't understand accounting, I had some trouble reconciling some of the charges/credits and couldn't "undo" what I'd done very easily. It's not the most forgiving, however, their customer service was top notch in helping me solve the issue for no additional charges. I thought I'd have to hire someone to fix it, and they gave me free advice to help me fix it myself.

Orlando

Bewertet am 19.1.2018

Powerful freeware! Easy to understand interface. Fairly easy to use. Very satisfied!

This software connects with your bank account and automatically syncs transactions and auto-categorizes transactions. I've only been using for a few days, but have not had an issue with the auto-categorization of expenses and revenues. Saves a lot of time. I also like the auto-generated financial statements. Goof feature for free software.

I did have to brush up on some accounting fundamentals to ensure I am recording transactions correctly. It would be nice if they had some tips/descriptions of different types of transactions and how to properly record them. Was able to figure it all out through Google search though.

Tracy

Bewertet am 5.1.2018

I love this user-friendly service!

It makes it easy and fast to get paid--don't we all want that?

It's easy-to-use and I don't have to read endless tutorials to figure it out. A close second is that it accepts PayPal and credit card payments--my clients love it!

I think some of the expenses categories are confusing/unnecessary. I would also like to see some customization of expense categories, though this is perhaps something that is offered and I have yet to learn how to do.

• Branche: Immobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 12.2.2018

Best DIY accounting software

Zipbooks is the best and easiest accounting software available out there. I know this because I free tried them all. They differentiate themselves bye the ease of use and the app that is above and beyond user-friendly. I have access to all the features that I need even though I'm on the free plan so with the upgrade you can get access to the most powerful features available. I recommend the software strongly to everyone. Paul

I'm waiting for the Android phone app to be released soon. They are expecting to be released in the beginning of the second quarter of 2018

Corey
  • Branche: Musik

Bewertet am 4.10.2017

Zipbooks is a MUST for anyone who is a freelance graphic designer!

Simply, organization for my business and invoicing needs. Excited to demo the time tracking functionality soon too!

Excellent user interface design and dashboard. Super easy to navigate with a strong attention to the information architecture. Intuitive invoicing software. Amazing customer service!

5 day waiting period for payments was frustrating at first. Eventually, I was able to learn how to drop this down to a 2 days. Also, some functionality took me a bit to figure out. But customer service was able to answer my questions within a matter of minutes!

Enrique
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 4.7.2017

Exceptional value to this cloud-based accounting software. Compared to many other popular...

Saved on monthly unnecessary accounting fees using this service and the software fit my small business without having to worry about getting stuck with bells and whistles I didn't need.

Easy to use, Great Customer Service, Available when you need it, Accounting made easy and management of clients is great. Invoicing is a breeze, even on the fly. Swayed from Wave Accounting for Zipbooks time keeping feature and decided against Quickbooks because of its pricing structure.

Managing transactions is automated with your linked bank account. But, entering transactions manually is tricky. The user must keep a close eye on transactions so the software reconciles accurately. But, this could be relevant to any accounting software...

Roy
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Bewertet am 8.8.2019

It's FREE!!!

Being looking for this type of cloud system for sometimes, i'm so excited when i found this product and it was free to use. It automate a lot of things and i dont have to worry about loosing date anymore =)

I'm using the free version, it's good enough for me to track my profit or loss.
The invoice section is very good as well, just enter the blanks and it's all auto.
The best part is the support, because i am getting full support although i am using the free version.

Should consider to give us more access in the Income Statement report. The Income statement report is more than enough for my operation, sometime just wish i can click on the amount and it will show me the details. But this feature only available in paid version.
I am still waiting for the Android version to be release, then i can easily snap and store my suppliers invoices and receipts.

Thanks so much Roy!

Beantwortet am 9.8.2019
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 18.10.2018

ZipBooks isn't what it seems

Overall, if you are an individual looking for a cool interface to keep a general ledger, this is a cool system. It's absolutely NOT a system of businesses. As a small business, I simply can't afford spending hours trying to may a paid system work. In this day, software shouldn't need someone holding it's hand. There are better systems out there and well worth the larger cost.

Hopefully this can save someone else from headaches. Move on, you'll be glad you skipped this system.

A beautiful interface with a clean layout gives you the first impression you are in an elegant accounting program. It also gives you step by step guides to connect banks and the progress of your connections. The ai is smart and will often correctly label your transactions.

The most major problem is, the software doesn't connect correctly to my Credit Union. It would show a balance of 3-4 past transactions, however have ALL the transactions in there.

Working with customer service is annoyingly slow. Response times in my experience have been days and I am a paid member. Along with the responses are silly gifs some people may dig, but when you have a problem, it's downright insulting.

After customer service realizing I was on an old system, they had it upgraded and wanted me to re-connect my Credit Union. As a result every transaction was gone! So years of balancing my business was vaporized. Thank god I didn't trust their customer service rep and exported everything prior to doing such a poor suggestion.

Nava
  • Branche: Biotechnologie

Bewertet am 4.12.2018

Zipbook

It it enormously usable for the stuff I daily face with

I see almost no problem in this application

Janet
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 31.5.2018

Responsive Leadership & Support Team

It has saved us so much time and frustration and they are responsive to customer feedback.

- Simple, Attractive User Interface. Not difficult to learn or teach staff. Easy for customers to interact with.
- Shout out to the support staff who has been stellar at listening and resolving issues.

Growing company always have hiccups but they are always responsive and willing to listen to customers and fix things ASAP

Christopher

Bewertet am 7.8.2017

ZipBooks gives me a simple, but powerful alternative to QuickBooks Online, at 1/3 the cost

The interface is very modern, responsive, and easy to navigate. I moved from QuickBooks to ZipBooks due to a recent price increase, and I haven't looked back. It has most of the features from QuickBooks that I needed, plus I actually enjoy working in ZipBooks because the app just works.

It could allow a bit more invoice customization, like being able to set a NET-15 / NET-30 on a recurring invoice rather than it being due on receipt. Other than that, it's worked pretty well.

Diego

Bewertet am 26.10.2017

ZipBooks has helped me get organized and look professional. The support is excellent

ZipBooks is extremely simple to use. It helps with organization of contacts, invoices, drafts, estimates, Billing and it even creates reports. For no cost you can use ZipBooks to get organized and start invoicing clients, even accepting electronic payments and linking bank accounts. The mobile interface is also simple to use and effective, so creating invoices on the go is not a problem.

Catrina
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 11.10.2018

Great for Feedback!

I've used ZipBooks on and off for less than a year for personal and small business.

I like ZipBooks feedback functionality - the ease of which you can receive reviews, and how it incorporates the most popular social media.

I don't like that I can't track inventory. I'll need to have, open and use an additional program for inventory and figure out how to incorporate them.

Cindy
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 1.2.2018

ZipBooks is very easy to use.

You do not have to have any accounting experience to use it. The importing feature from the Banks is fantastic, saving a ton of time of tracking expenses and applying them to the appropriate expense categories (accounts). The Time Tracking is also very easy to use.

Bewertet am 23.11.2015

ZipBooks has been super useful as my one-stop-shop for all my invoicing needs.

Pros: Very simple to use and intuitive. I'm amazed how easy they've made invoicing. Not to mention it's 100% free, which makes it a no-brainer choice for me. I've been impressed with the customer service and how quickly they've been adding features. ZipBooks is the invoicing tool of the future.

Cons: There's still a few more features I'd like added, but they seem to release new stuff regularly so I know it's only a matter of time till everything I need is included in the software.

David,

Thanks for your patience on our feature release timeline. We won't let you down!

Beantwortet am 23.11.2015
Dan

Bewertet am 20.11.2015

Intuitive, responsive

Software is user-friendly, straight forward. I love the automazation built in, and also the flexibility available for what cant be automated. They recently added an automatic receipt feature that my clients love. Zipbooks is quick to answer customer service requests and has more than exceeded expectations enabling me to grow my business.

Dan,

Thanks for adopting the product so early and sticking with it through all the feature growing pains.

Glad your customers like the new receipt feature!

ZipBooks Team

Beantwortet am 20.11.2015
Chad

Bewertet am 20.11.2015

Great program

We have been loving the change to this program. It takes so much time to collect on our customers that this program has been a lifesaver. They have a great customer service team as well. Any of the questions I had were quickly answered and set up was a breeze. I don't always recommend products, but this is one I really like.

Chad,

Thanks for your glowing praise. We will work hard to deserve such high praise.

ZipBooks Team

Beantwortet am 20.11.2015
Federico

Bewertet am 25.1.2016

Simple, Modern, Perfect

This product is EXCELLENT for a small time freelancer. No cumbersome setups, no crazy tax charging, no unnecessary product descriptions. Just estimate+invoice and go!

The setup is super simple. Integration with Stripe and WePay right off the box. Customer service via chat is quick and helpful right on the sites UI. It just feels right!

This thing is wonderful!

Blake
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 27.6.2017

Amazing Free Accounting Software

As a small business owner, Zipbooks helped me organize my finances and keep track of what was going on in my business. I even used Zipbooks to produce all the financials to sell my business.

When I started, it didn't offer all of the things that Quickbooks had, but it seems like they are adding features regularly. For a free software I really don't have any complaints at all.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 15.11.2019

Accounting software with good API layer

I can say that their API is good and understandably well readable, easy to integrate.

I was in team that made integration for ZipBooks api, for another small company. Easy to set up, secure and trustworthy.

Can't say anything about the usage of the product since i was on the team that only made the integration to ZipBooks with api integration.

100 Bewertungen