FreeAgent Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über FreeAgent

FreeAgent ist eine cloudbasierte Buchhaltungslösung für Freiberufler, Buchhalter und Kleinunternehmer zur Verwaltung von Rechnungen, Ausgaben, Gehaltsabrechnungen, Steuererklärungen und anderen Buchhaltungsaufgaben. FreeAgent...

4,2

Samantha
Samantha
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 23.9.2023

Great for non- accountants and accountants alike

It's nicely laid out and easy to navigate, the automatic filling is a breeze, recurring invoices & bills save so much time and the time tracking features are useful in some cases.I used the software probably just when it started many years ago when i started as a freelancer, but it was pretty expensive then, so i moved on. I returned when it was offered for free through my bank as it was a bit of a no brainer.

The integration with other tools is very lacking, yes it has zapier but with only a couple of integration points its basically useless with the tech stacks most of us operate now. From memory (as i cant find the customer forums anymore) users have been requesting improvements to this for at least 6 years, so It's not going to be improved basically.

Zoho Books und QuickBooks Online
Terrum
  • Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 10.2.2023

Fantastic bookkeeping software online, quick and easy tax filing

My overall experience with FreeAgent is very good, as I've used it for almost 6 years now and it is saving me a lot of time with my accounting and tax filing. It has been a real lifesaver in moments where I either had no time to file my taxes or did not know what to do, so I am very glad to be a long-term user of FreeAgent.

The greatest thing about FreeAgent is the ease of bookkeeping, being able to have any bank transactions and PayPal transactions automatically put into bookkeeping form and easily explain what each transaction is, whether it's a sale or stock purchases. It is online 24/7 so you can access it without having to worry about losing it and you can also back it up if you really want to. The support times are very quick during normal working hours.

Some features of FreeAgent are still very buggy, such as the automation of transactions. For example it will either not detect some transactions or it will do too many, which means you have to check on a regular basis to compare the bookkeeping balance to your actual balances shown on PayPal and your bank, which I think almost defeats the purpose of having bookkeeping software. I really hope they manage to squash these bugs because something as important as tax should not be treated lightly. Early on in their existence they advertised that you would get free accounting advice but now they are very hesitant to do so (e.g: help with knowing how to explain transactions and so on).

Gründe für den Wechsel zu FreeAgent

At the time FreeAgent was the better option because of the free accounting advice, although not offered anymore but I no longer require it as I know how to explain most of my transactions now. I also picked FreeAgent because it was cheaper and offered a lot more of a friendly user interface.
Oscar
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 18.9.2015

Exceptionally Poor Customer Support

I originally found Freeagent around three years ago. I was very excited when I found I could use Freeagent through "My Business Works", a service offered by Barclays, at a reduced rate - except nobody decided to make it clear support is outsourced to "My Business Works" - perhaps the most key feature of freeagent.

For around three years I have always been in contact with friendly, kind and lovely staff at Freeagent who have always been happy to provide us with support - I have always avoided "My Business Works Support" as their staff are especially unhelpful, condescending and rude.

That was until today. A stubborn, although polite lady refused to give us support despite my explanation of the poor support "My Business Works" offers.

Quite simply her unkind, unfriendly action has lost a customer, we are moving to a far more powerful and equally easy to use software called Xilo, with much better support in January.

I used to think Freeagent was an actual service whereby one might not be bound to the selfish red-rape rules of the world, and was instead a friendly platform with every customer's interest at heart.

I would recommend all to consider Xilo over Freeagent. That is of course unless you want a kick in the teeth for being a long-term loyal customer!

Hello Oscar,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

My name is Kevin McCallum and I am Business Development Director at FreeAgent and directly responsible for managing our relationship with MyBusinessWorks.

I'm really sorry that you've not had a good experience with MyBusinessWorks support and I wanted to let you know that we take these kind of issues very seriously and I am currently discussing this matter with MyBusinessWorks.

As you know from your previous discussions with our support team, we do take all our customer support obligations very seriously and pride ourselves on the support we provide to our customers. It is worth pointing out that MBW provide support on a number of the products you have access to through their package, whereas at FreeAgent we focus solely on our own software.

The only way to receive full unlimited support from our support team would be if you were a direct subscriber to FreeAgent. As we’ve said previously, if you wanted to transfer your account over to become a direct subscriber then we would be more than happy to help you do this. If you'd like to do this please email me on [email protected] and I can arrange it for you

To reiterate, I'm sorry that you are not happy with the support you have received from MBW but I am now dealing with this personally.

Kind regards,

Justine
  • Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen

Bewertet am 26.2.2024

Free Agent review

Easy to manage. links with my bank account.

Nothing really. All pretty easy to use.

Ben
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Bewertet am 11.12.2020

Affordable accounting software; good but needs a few tweaks to be great

Clients who have made the transition can be viewed on one dashboard, and makes managing client records much easier.

Very easy to onboard clients; Linking bank accounts through open banking is straightforward and facility works well; Simple user interface makes it easy for novices to use; Very good customer support; Can be had for free of you use and RBS group bank account including Mettle; On the go invoicing is nice for some business as well as the expense logger

Not as flexible as some accounting packages; a few of the facilities are still a work in progress and you need to do a workaround

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise und Xero

Zuvor genutzte Software

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise und Xero

Gründe für den Wechsel zu FreeAgent

The cost-free option makes it an easy sell to help clients transition to the cloud accounting world. I still use Xero and others to give clients a choice
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 28.5.2021

Freeagent - simple and reliable accounting

Freeagent covers all our accounting and invoicing needs very well. We have tried one of the leading alternatives but came back as we were so pleased with it.

The billing and invoicing functionality is a key feature of the product and works very well. They send a Monday motivator email summarising your agenda for the week on Monday mornings. This includes items such as unbilled hours logged, payments to approve and bills to chase or pay. MFA is supported for increased security.

There are few things that I don't like to be honest, the only one that can be annoying is the bank feeds can sometimes be a little slow to show items. A manual refresh option for bank feed data would be useful.

Lola
  • Branche: Design
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 13.1.2023

Easy To Use Cloud Accounting Software

Nice and easy to use, makes dreaded bookkeeping a breeze. Highly recommend for small businesses or sole traders - it would save you a lot of accountancy fee.

Having switched from Xero, which I used for a decade, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to use FreeAgent. I would say the user interface and functionality are more intuitive than Xero. The best thing is, the software is free if you have a business account with NatWest or Mettle.

It isn't able to split the actual income and fees when reconciling Stripe transactions. I use the DoubleAgent plug-in as a workaround.

FreshBooks und Xero

Warum FreeAgent gewählt wurde

Xero was a bit expensive, whereas FreeAgent comes free with my business bank account.

Zuvor genutzte Software

• Branche: Hausmeisterservice

Bewertet am 8.8.2019

Highly recommended

I got access to this software FREE of charge through banking with RBS. Having previously used Xero for our book-keeping, I found it had the same great functionality but a much slicker design. It's simplicity and ease of use is the best thing going for it.

Had some issues at the beginning with connecting our bank feeds but this was sorted out quickly by the team at FreeAgent - can't think of any real faults with the software.

Tom
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 29.12.2023

Really solid accounting product

I've used FreeAgent for years and always found it to be a solid and reliable accounting product. It handles everything, from sending invoices to clients, to reconciling payments, to helping with taxes.

It could be better at reconciling bank transactions and uploading the same receipts every month could be easier. It's a lot of manual labour.

QuickBooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu FreeAgent

It appeared to deal better with multiple currencies.
Marius
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 30.12.2023

FreeAgent is perfect for small businesses

Overall, FreeAgent is perfect for small businesses, it has just enough functions to meet most of our needs and it has very easy navigation, which is great for people who've never used an accounting software before.

The best thing about FreeAgent is that you can get it for free if you use their offer to set up and use "Mettle" bank account. Also, their menu is perfectly minimalistic to make it fully functioning for our purposes and not making it overwhelming to use.

Bank reconciliation lacks automation. There is "guess" rules function but you can't modify how it works and it often makes mistakes.

QuickBooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu FreeAgent

FreeAgent offered a free plan if you have a Mettle bank account.

Bewertet am 21.2.2018

Essential accounting software for any growing business

We've been using Freeagent for over 5 years. In that time frame my company has grown from being a sole-trader to an incorporated limited company with employees. To say that Freeagent has helped facilitate that growth would be an understatement.

We now use Freeagent for our VAT submission (saving us £200pq accountants fees), Payroll (saving us £10pm per employee), Sending out client estimates/invoices, and what we originally bought it for... Book keeping and accounting.

We have Freeagent connected to our bank feeds, meaning we are only ever 24hrs out of date with our live bank accounts. This is now a common practice with similar software, but for us it came just at the right time.

Their team of inhouse accountancy experts is also an incredible resource that we use around once a quarter, or whenever something new crops up that we might need some help with. We still use the skill of an account for filing our end of year accounts, but we could even do this with free agent.

The one thing that has been a niggle like a tiny pebble in your shoe, or scratch on the roof of your mouth, is that you cannot send a remittance! Many people have requested this functionality but it has largely been ignored by the freeagent team. I have no idea whether it is a technical or philosophical reason they've just not engaged with it... If they did implement this functionality it would pretty much make it perfect for my companies needs.

Stephen
Stephen
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

Bewertet am 8.2.2018

Good product, good UI, good customer support, a bit pricey but worth it for my business.

FreeAgent is a fully-featured accounting and invoicing web app that comes with a great little mobile app too.

It has a really clear and easy-to-use interface, making it easy to navigate and produce invoices, check your accounts for selected periods, track your time, manage projects... the list goes on. But for all the functionality, it never feels cluttered.

I've experienced great support whenever I've asked for it and it hasn't ever produced any unexpected errors or bugs. It just works.

I wanted to recommend this product to my wife for her business but it's just a little bit too expensive for a startup small sole trader company like hers. A reduced cost account type for single users would be great.

Steph
  • Branche: Sport
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 15.2.2021

Early review

Better than Quickbooks in terms of reconciling bank account, and bringing the feed in reliably, but this assumption against large numbers of individual customers is a deal breaker.

Reconciles some invoice payments that only need approval, an improvement on Quickbooks.

Very clunky for adding customers for invoicing. If you have lots of "retail" customers as I do, and send invoices to large numbers of customers, setting them up is a pain, the system seems to assume that you have a small number of commercial customers with multiple contacts at those companies. When making a new invoice you have to go through an alphabetical list of companies, you can't search, and for ease I made that entry an email address. This now means that of course not all people have an email address that is clearly them/their name. Irritating and enough to make me look elsewhere.

Bewertet am 7.3.2018

Like the product

Easy assess and works great for tracking my time and billing clients. The bank feed works well. I like the overview information of the home screen dash board.

I have an accounting background and am a bit frustrated with how to pay bills and reconciling an account. It has not been very easy for me to understand how some of the functions work - relative to other software that I have used. Some one with out my background might find it easy to understand.

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear about the features you like using. Regarding the parts you are frustrated with, could you please contact our support team on 0800 288 8691 and explain this to them in more detail? They may be able to help you, and they can pass on any specific feedback for improving the product to our engineering team.
Thanks

Beantwortet am 12.3.2018
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 8.2.2018

No longer fully trust Freeagent

It's useful to be able to see the state of my business finances at a glance and it's great to be able to send professional invoices - but it's a lot of money for an invoice template.

I no longer fully trust Freeagent, especially around banking, after I spotted that not all transactions are not being imported. When I raised it with customer services they basically just agreed that no, not all transactions are being imported, but couldn't give me a reason why or suggest how they would fix this, just said that I should check all transactions manually. What's the point of having an import feature if you then have to repeat everything manually? Meant I had to spend hours checking transactions and VAT returns to pick up transactions that Freeagent had missed. I certainly would no longer trust it with my tax return, so I have to employ an accountant as well. Also, when recognising transactions, Freeagent seems unable to recognise transfers between accounts, meaning they all have to be approved manually, despite the fact they happen time after time.

Olajumoke
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen

Bewertet am 7.5.2019

My Accounting friend

I use freeagent everyday for my business and it's like the best so far. Helps to generate invoices and estimates for client, it gives an overview of your account in the first page which you can easily see at first glance. I recommend freeagent anyday anytime.

Freeagent generates number for each of the invoice or estimates which can be confusing sometimes especially if you have to delete that invoice or estimates but nevertheless it's a stress free software, it does all the work.

Hi Olajumoke!

Thank you for being a FreeAgent user and for taking the time to share your review of FreeAgent, we really appreciate the kind words!

The FreeAgent Team

Beantwortet am 9.5.2019
Marta
  • Branche: Maschinerie

Bewertet am 23.8.2023

Everyday User b

All in all I think the system is easy to use and self explanatory, but few tweeks would be welcomed.

I like how easy to use the site is. I mainly use it on web and I'm not sure if there's an app but coming in to work, having never used this before, it was easy to find my way around it and get on with work without training.

I miss the ability of exporting data into Spreadsheet and trailing trough pages of invoices to highlight and copy so I can paste into Spreadsheet is tiresome. I would love for this to be changed.

Saul
Saul
  • Branche: Forschung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 12.2.2018

Fantastic - makes my business life so much easier

Love the user interface, which is easily customisable and visually it is really appealing. Makes accounting fun!
Easy to use, once you know how to access some of the features.
I have a straightforward business in private medical practice and this software takes care of my invoicing, accounting and expenses all in one, with automatic updating of all the relevant information at your fingertips.
Both my secretary and I can access the software from anywhere, so it makes for easy team-work.
One of the best features for me is the projects section, where I can keep track of the numerous expert reports that I have on my books at any one time.

Sometimes working out how to find something, or to alter a document isn't intuitive, and I have had to refer to the website for help, which has always been useful (so far).
(NB I think the user who didn't like being referred to My Business Works is being unnecessarily unfair to this software because they had to go through a Barclays intermediary - Barclays are known for their poor service, but this is not FreeAgent...)

Greg
  • Branche: Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung

Bewertet am 25.9.2018

Great for Freelancers

FreeAgents offers a lot of features for a very low price and the customer service is good also. I have used them for 3 years and there are other programs that may be a little better, but they are also a lot more expensive.

I wish that recurring billing was a little easier and the number of integrations is good, but it does not integrate with one of my core programs which is a bummer.

Toby
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 25.8.2016

Simple Accounting for UK Businesses

As a business owner with minimal accounting experience I was introduced to FreeAgent about three years ago. It has transformed our business from cumbersome spreadsheet accounts and Word invoices to a really convenient and efficient system.

Automated invoicing and accounts overview that highlight things before they become an issue. Fantastic UK based support team.

A little more expensive than some of the competitors.

• Branche: Informationsdienst

Bewertet am 12.12.2017

Reviewed lots of options made the decision to go with FreeAgent and never looked back, great...

Peace of mind, credible management information, easy ways of doing my quotations and billing, streamlined data capture of receipts and mileage, reduced my back office admin costs and made our lives easier

Easy to use, intuitive, provides high quality information about the state of play of my business and my ongoing liabilities for tax and keeps easy track of who owes us money and how to send reminders. Quotation system works well, bank integration excellent and shared access for my back office book keepers means a lot less hassle. Love the App for capturing expenses and mileage

Worry about their inability to let me download copies of all scanned images I have added. I really cannot find anything else to say

Zara
Zara
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Bewertet am 23.7.2019

Keeping Track Of My Finances

It is really easy to use and the data is displayed in a useful format

The one downside is that it doesn't pull in the USD transactions from Paypal and this has to be done manually.

Joanne
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Bewertet am 5.9.2019

I'd be lost without it!

I've been using FreeAgent for approximately 5 years, I think, and I would be lost without it. The app is really user-friendly, and I love how easy it is to submit my accounts to HMRC at the end of the year. On the few occasions that I've needed assistance, I've had an almost immediate response with helpful information. Highly recommended.

It felt a little expensive at first as a solo trader, but I think it proved its worth in ease of use so quickly this isn't really a con. Plus they have a great affiliate scheme so you can bring the overall cost down by recommending others.

Bewertet am 27.7.2018

So much easier

This product has made running my business do much easier.It takes a little getting used to but once grappled it’s a breeze!

The bank reconciling makes marking off transactions and paid invoices so easy. The ability to resend email reminders and show whether an email has been received by a customer is great.

More template options would be good and the ability to put terms and conditions into the back of a invoice.

Ian
  • Branche: Sport

Bewertet am 9.9.2021

Freeagent comments

Freeagent has provided my new company with a free, user-friendly and generally effective business accounting system

It came free linked to my sign-up to my online business banking account. Customer support is quick and comprehensive. It's reasonably user-friendly for the non-accountant to use.

It can sometimes confuse as to where administration input linked to an expense transaction should be applied - through the bank account app or Freeagent

163 Bewertungen