Act! Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Act!

Act! Premium ist ideal für kleine und mittelständische Unternehmen, die ihre Produkte effektiver vermarkten, ihre Verkaufszahlen steigern und Kundschaft fürs Leben gewinnen wollen. Mit unübertroffener Flexibilität und Wahlfreiheit...

3,4

Nutzerbewertungen zu Act! durchsuchen

772 von 772 Bewertungen
Ulrich
Ulrich
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Bewertet am 23.11.2023

Magical Act !

My experience with Act has been wonderful. This software is a real gift, a real treat. It's so fantastic how it allows me to automate my business. Very easy to use, I can easily retrieve information on customers; I also have a history of my mails, calls and letters.

I like this software. Being able to improve my communication, increase my sales and ensure the loyalty of my customers is so magical! And the ease of remote tasks is just incredible. And to think it's so easy to use!

Nothing to complain about! This software works like a charm and is easy to use.

Antwort von Act!

Thank you, Ulrich! We love hearing from our customers and enjoy learning that Act! has improved your customer communications and customer loyalty! We'd love to learn more about your business. If you'd like to share your Act! Success Story. It's easy - just paste this link into your browser to get started. Thanks again for sharing and we wish continued success to you! https://www.act.com/success-stories/

Beantwortet am 24.11.2023
Bo
Bo
  • Branche: Bankwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bewertet am 16.11.2023

Easy tool

Only had the change to use free trial, integrated with Sage 360 as it is owned by Sage. Created a few marketing automation and went live as well, got great results, it had potential. Used its app also to track progress and results.

Mostly used Act's features of contact management and marketing automation in CRM, it has a feature that brings together all of the customer data into a centralized database. Using automation tool is so easy and helps you track every steps.

Not so many features but the essential features are enough to get what is really needed. The support for the product has ended.

Antwort von Act!

Thank you, Bo for your review. We value your feedback! It sounds like you might be using an older version of Act! and hope you'll check out this webpage for information about our exciting new features and enhancements. https://www.act.com/upgrade-center/

Beantwortet am 20.11.2023
Ed
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Bewertet am 4.6.2024

A Powerful Means to Organize Une's Day and One's Work.

ACT! sat turned on on my desk at all times that I was in the office. It was the information source by which i lived.

Act's is a powerful organization tool. For example, one can talk to an individual on the telephone, hang-up, record in ACT a brief of the discussion, than later (on a defined date) talk to that individual again.

If your ACT goes down, you're now very likely in a quite difficult situation.

Antwort von Act!

Thank you, Ed, for letting us know that Act! is helping you stay organized and has become your single source of information. We love it!

Beantwortet am 17.6.2024

Die besten Alternativen zu Act!

Nicole
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 8.3.2018

ACT has many features, but most of them are cumbersome and lacking full functionality.

Our office has been using this product since before I started. It is a solid database program and if that is all you want to do is have a large database of contacts, then this performs well.

I dislike how this is still only available for windows computers which makes communicating information in an office with both Mac and PC impossible. Also, the outlook plug in that allows emails to be synced with a contact in ACT will only link emails to the PRIMARY contact. So that means you have to manually sync that. If you are emailing over 100 emails a day, you end up either spending most of your time manually syncing contacts or just foregoing this feature. Also, you can only add 4 contacts to a company. Often times, we need to have upwards of 6-10 contacts for a company so the inability to add more is a huge issue. And since ACT isn't online, any changes made on any employee computers while not connected to the server means no one else has access to that info until they make it back to the office to sync. Which means our data is never fully up to date. There are so many problems with this software that we often don't try to take advantage of any of the other functions.

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your feedback!

You're correct that our main desktop product is only available for PC. Did you know we do offer a fully web-based solution, Act! Premium Cloud? This works great on PC and Mac, as well as keeping your data online on our hosted cloud servers.

It sounds like your business could make good use of the features available via Act! Cloud - might be worth checking it out at act.com - we do offer a free trial too.

We'll definitely be taking your feedback on board for future releases - especially what you've said around email syncing. We've got some major improvements planned in this area in the next release (20.1).

Lastly, there should be no limit to how many contacts can be assigned to a company - if you're having issues adding more than 4, I'd definitely recommend contacting customer support, who'll be happy to help.

If there's anything more we can do to help, please let us know!

Thanks again,

Jon,
Act! Social Media Team

Beantwortet am 12.3.2018
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika

Bewertet am 10.4.2024

ACT! Excellence

I have been using ACT for over 30 years and have recommended it to hundreds of people and companies.

It literally runs all aspects of my life seamlessly.
The recent upgrade was assisted by your technician, [sensitive content hidden]. I have been resisting an upgrade for years (I think I was on 20 because I was concerned of a failure during the process. He was outstanding and to sum up my impression of him in succinctly:
very Patient, very intelligent and very knowledgeable

Nothing

Antwort von Act!

Thank you Paul, for taking the time to leave this review. It's so great to hear that Act! is helping you manage a wide range of activities! We'd love to learn more about your business and highlight it on our Success Story webpage and social channels! If you'd like to share your Act! Success Story, it's easy - just paste this link into your browser to get started. We hope to hear from you! Thanks again for sharing and we wish continued success to you! https://www.act.com/success-stories/

Beantwortet am 26.4.2024
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 15.5.2024

good CRM for the money

using it since v2.0. using it since v2.0

the basic CRM function, the basic CRM function

priced a little high, some minor bugs still in the product, differences between Web and local PC app

Antwort von Act!

Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Daniel. We really appreciate hearing from our long-term and loyal customers!

Beantwortet am 31.5.2024
Cassandra
  • Branche: Forschung

Bewertet am 21.1.2021

Beware! Do Not Purchase this Product! Waste of Time!!!

I had a horrible experience. I paid for ACT standard ($40). Features such as call list and hot sheets were not available although it was it came as a stand feature on their website. This web-based software had the following problems:
1. Uploading contacts from CSV file.
2. Marketing automation does not give a call list.
3. Bounce backs and unsubscribes are very difficult to find.
4. The features that are touted for ACT! CRM standard did not exist.

I cancelled the subscription after 1 week. The sales office said that I would have access until February 11, 2021. One day after my cancellation, I could not access my data. I called sales, then technical support and stay on the telephone for 35 minutes to get the issue resolved. After I finally gained entry, my email campaign had disappeared.

Save yourself some time and heart ache. Do not use this software.

There is nothing good or helpful about this software.

The trial is not really a trial because you cannot see how their marketing automation works.

Agile CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Act!

I chose ACT! because I had previously used this software. However, I used this software when it was own by Sage Software.
Scott
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Bewertet am 24.4.2024

One person operation-great. Enterprise? Forget It!

Dismal-frustrating-complete waste of our team time watching videos that showed features only available to $$$$ pricing. I NEVER buy annual commitments on unknown software but in a moment of 'getting the job done' I did it here.

Familiar from days gone past. I like the 'promises' that ended up being misrepresentations (I'm avoiding the word lie)

Misrepresentation despite very clear presale's objectives being defined. Could not 'try' since marketing is not a feature available to free trial.

Terryl
  • Branche: Musik

Bewertet am 4.6.2024

We have been using Act Desktop for years. We recently converted to the online program to allow for easy coordination between partners. I was able to instruct an 80 year old man-set in his ways- how to use the new version within 30 minutes with very few questions. That in itself is worth the price!

So far, I haven’t seen anything that I don’t like.

Antwort von Act!

Hi Terryl, We are happy to hear that Act! is helping you grow your business and it is accommodating your changing needs. We appreciate you leaving this review! Thank you!

Cyndy
  • Branche: Industrieautomation

Bewertet am 4.6.2024

I've been using Act for many years and the ease of use and synchronizing to Outlook makes it a very convenient tool for managing customer databases.

Act tends to be behind in keeping up with being compatible with new releases of Windows and Windows-related programs.

Antwort von Act!

It's great to hear, Cyndy, that Act! continues to help you manage your customer data. Thank you for your review.

Vincent
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 15.9.2021

ACT CRM, Great Starter CRM.

For many years that I did use act I really enjoyed it was a great tool getting used to working with it was very easy for me. we did a lot of customization to the dashboard added some imagery additional fields it was really awesome. We didn't get to the point to using their marketing campaign products but the email templates were really awesome really awesome

I really liked the contact management history management email integration and tracking grouping of contacts opportunity groups add opportunity ratings.

Act is a really great entry level CRM it has some functionality's third party capabilities other products you can purchase from the store but it just doesn't have what it takes to get you over the hill when you get a little bit larger

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Musik
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 30.7.2019

Customer relationship management in a neat little package!

Act has become a valuable database of information for our teams, storing all manner of customer and company information that we can utilise for various means. It is a valuable asset for us and will no doubt continue to be in the future.

There are multiple benefits to using Act as reported by our users. The Act database allows for a large quantity of information to be stored, meaning we were able to decommission several other systems holding various bits of customer data by merging it into Act.

We have found pricing to be competitive on a per-licence basis which suits us as a small team working within a non-profit organisation. Act makes it easy for users to update already stored customer/company information, so we always have up-to-date data for contacting, addresses, etc.
Communications to customers/companies are tracked in Act so other members of the department can see who has communicated with who, and what the correspondence was – this is useful if a member of staff is off and another needs to pick up some workload.

On the technical side, updates and hotfixes are provided regularly and it is relatively easy to install these during periods of downtime. The UI is easy to navigate, with clearly labelled menus and an in-built help area.

We have found it somewhat difficult to integrate Act with our current systems and have resorted to manually exporting CSVs with information to import into our systems. This is a legacy process and may have been improved upon however, we haven’t looked into this.

We have also had to purchase add-ins to enable certain features such as opportunities tracking, but Act plays well with these add-ons, so this is not too much of an issue for us.

From an admin’s perspective, it has proven difficult to set up an automatic installation that works with our MDT deployments, but we roll out images with Act on rarely, so this isn’t too much of an issue.

Perhaps in future, updates could be made to the UI to make it look a little less dated and bring it up to clean, modern, standards.

Angela
  • Branche: Immobilien

Bewertet am 31.10.2019

Long Time User

Because we have at least 3 people involved in one transaction, the relationship tab helps us tie them together to the transaction. We can toggle back and forth easily without having to search another name. It's quick and efficient. With our customized fields, we can easily see years of history for a client on one page.

We have been frustrated over the years by the number of crashes and freezes.Occasionally an import will not import correctly and the data in put into the wrong fields. The support help and support page of the marketing automation is very poor and lacking in depth training on creating/sending eblasts. There are is no advanced level training for the eblasts and drip marketing.

This is a robust software program. We have added many custom fields that allows us to track a lot of data really dig into for trends and statistics. We love how history is captured a for all the activity we do for and with a client. We rely on the relationship tab heavily as multiple people are involved in a transaction. We are really enjoying the new Marketing Automation. It has a lot of robust features that we are just beginning to tap into. We also like the groups feature. We have hundreds of groups that we can run reports and create statistics from. We can see how many groups a contact is part of which helpful as well. I like the statistics ACT generates from drip marketing. Knowing what emails bounced back or who opted out helps us improve our data.

When searching for a person, it doesn't give you the option of having similar names - the spelling must be exact. It crashes when we are in the social updates tab. Customer Service: Often the techs are hard to understand. The time we spend on the phone with customer service on average lasts about 1/2 to an hour depending on the issue. That is a big interruption to our workflow in the office.

One thing I wish ACT would do is send to 2 emails at once. When sending out an eblast, it pulls from the email field. If there is more than one email address followed by a semicolon, it won't send to both. It bounces back.

Jonathan
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.5.2019

Act! is a flexible tool to track data the way you want to see it.

Act allows us to manage a vast database of over 85,000 contacts and 15,000 companies, as well as over 100,000 Table records between the two, with ease. Any information we need to find or update with these records is as easy as it gets, and makes our customer service team's jobs a relative breeze. There are hiccups here and there, especially with newer features to the program, but there's never been any issues that interrupt work or cause data loss, and the tech support available is very handy at resolving any issues we might have.

Everything in a Contact or Company record's layout can be customized, moved around, hidden on a per-user basis, and otherwise manipulated however your organization needs it to be. My company makes heavy use of this feature, having multiple team-based layouts that present the most important data to those teams prominently. We also greatly enjoy the software's ability to perform advanced queries on the data that can be saved and re-run with a single click to provide accurate reports and drill down to specific needs in moments.

There are quite a few features that feel incomplete or at least not fully integrated. For example, the software comes with the ability to create and Mail Merge templated emails that imports information like a contact's name, and the Smart Tasks feature allows you to automatically perform certain tasks including sending an email to a contact, yet for some reason you can't do both - that is, you can't set a Smart Task to perform a Mail Merge to a templated email and send the result, meaning that the automated emails cannot contain information personal to the contact such as their name.

Karen
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 9.10.2017

I may be prejudiced but I love this product

I have used Act personally and for my business almost since its inception. Full disclosure: I have written 7 books on the product as well as the training videos for lynda.com/LinkedIn. I also do consulting work for several other CRM products and wrote a book on SugarCRM. For the money, you can't beat Act. Act has all the power of the "bigger" players without the expensive price point. As newer features are added the existing ones remain relatively stable so that an existing user can upgrade without being hit by a huge learning curve. That said, new users of ANY software product, and specifically CRM software, need to realize that training is essential if they want to unleash the full power of Act. And, like with any other software, support and training is not free - especially if your Act version is several years old. Try calling Microsoft the next time you need help with a spreadsheet or can't get Outlook to send your email and you will see exactly what I mean. However, all Act Premium subscriptions do include free technical support.

I urge readers to take some of the reviews with a grain of salt. For example, Act is absolutely the easiest product out there when it comes to a mail merge. Try doing this in Salesforce and compare the number of keystrokes it takes to complete a merge. Another reviewer complains that you can't merge to over "50 contacts;" that restriction is meant to keep you spam-compliant and can easily be overcome by using the built in Act E-marketing Tool. Another reviewer complained that it took "days" to download the software; again, this is simply not the norm and one has to wonder what kind of security settings might have been blocking the ability to download software.

Perfect fit for mid-sized businesses. Great price point. Only truly hybrid solution that allows you to use Act both on your desktop and in a hosted environment.

Richard
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Bewertet am 21.10.2022

Marketing Automation AWFUL - Zero support

The way it’s supposed to work is ok. Not great. But getting it to work is a very heavy lift. And with inadequate support, it’s totally up to the user to figure it out.

Where do I start? Bottom line is that setup for marketing automation is nearly impossible. I’ve used successfully ACT! for more than 20 years. But marketing automation is a disaster. The documentation is unhelpful, and in some places, downright incorrect. It has lots of broken links. And their support staff, all offshore, knows nothing about how to help with the marketing automation feature. I had to hire someone who finally figured it out, by trial and error, after several weeks of work.

Antwort von Act!

Richard, first let us say we're sorry that you're experiencing this problem, we're sure it's frustrating. We want to help and hope you'll reach out to us at [email protected]. and provide your contact information so we can contact you directly.

Beantwortet am 4.11.2022
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Bewertet am 29.4.2019

e-marketing, marketing automation

I would pay twice if I will be able to go to previous abilities that ACT has

Act itself is as a good database software. Compering to previous version synchronized with Swift Page it has a better platform to create a template. There are other things you improve but for our small company we do not use them (like several times of sending same e-mail to one customer)

In Marketing Automation:
- you can not add and SAVE our data base fields in the template
- you can not send an e-mail from the template to one person (only to the group)
- you can not sent an e-mail to lookup (every time you must create the group from lookup)
- may e-mails is getting lost (in our 2 campaigns about 20% e-mails were not delivered)
In e-marketing
- you can not add and SAVE our data base fields in the template
******
In your previous version of ACT I was able to add fields from my database SAVE them in the template and send them to lookup without a need to create the group.
******
And your customer service ??? I believe you can do better work.
For example - I wrote an e-mail to you about month ago - with totally no answers from you.

Andrew,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the new Act! Marketing Automation. Please email me at [email protected] and I will escalate your issue.

Thanks again.

Beantwortet am 30.4.2019
Jake
  • Branche: Zeitung

Bewertet am 19.10.2023

Great product with room for improvement

I have been using Act for almost 10 years. It's a quality product for the price point. Good customer service, highly responsive.

I like that they created a cloud version for people on the go.

The over design or look of the desktop version is old and kind of dated. It can be updated if I choose to. But that will take time. A larger selection of templates would be excellent.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Supporting Local

Antwort von Act!

Thank you for your feedback, Jake. We are excited about our upcoming releases and updates with new UX/UI improvements we know you'll love. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how Act! is working for you.

Beantwortet am 27.10.2023
victor
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 5.11.2021

Cheap product for a cheap price - plan on no tech support

Tech support sucks. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] , all the tech and customer support people hide. You will only get a phone call back. if you dont respond, your support ticket gets closed out. Its the year 2021, but you won't get a tech support person's employee id, email address, phone number, etc because ACT!'s policy is to hide them amidst all the versions ACT keeps implementing. Ask what level technichian a support person is and watch them get upset, say they dont like they way you are treating them and they will hang up.

it was inexpensive. but you get what you pay for.

No tech support. ACT is always putting out a new version. each new version trips off problems and requires new integrations and updates that they do not tell you about and cause integration issues with all of your other software expecially microsof.

Karl
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Bewertet am 1.10.2023

Act!

ACT! is a near perfect solution. It's a pleasure to use.

ACT! is the best CRM available and has stood the test of decades. No other CRM comes close. It's report structure is unmatched as is the customizable features. ALSO - exporting and backup are relatively easy to use. It has a very nice user-intuitive interface.

ACT! is no longer available as a purchasable software but only as a subscription. Also the syncing of clients from email would be nice as well as better syncing between email client and ACT!

Antwort von Act!

Thank you, Karl, for taking the time to leave this review. We'd love to learn more about your business and highlight it on our Success Story webpage and social channels! If you'd like to share your Act! Success Story, it's easy - just paste this link into your browser to get started. We hope to hear from you! Thanks again for sharing and we wish continued success to you! https://www.act.com/success-stories/

Beantwortet am 6.10.2023
Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 5.4.2019

ACT functionality in 2019

Functional software for contact and opportunity management that has been in use for over 20 years with a consistent interface. All contact management software requires a learning curve to effectively use the software. My consulting clients do not use the marketing component of ACT, so those features have not been evaluated as of yet. ACT has gone through a number of owners, and the current owners seem to be putting in the effort to keep pace with Microsoft Outlook. Quickbooks integration could still be better though, but cooridnating with third party vendors will always be a challenge.

Consistent interface through the years, reliable functionality and easy to resolve simple issues. Even in a small business, hosting the database on a consumer grade PC and operating system still provides a functional and fast connection. The ability to create an offline database that can then be synced with the master database is very useful for laptop users.

Finally in ACT 2018/2019, the interface between Outlook 365 (aka Outlook 2016) and ACT! is finally more reliable.

The time it takes to create a large offline database seems way to slow. Some troubleshooting issues require support from ACT!. I strongly recommend a support plan with ACT!

Julia
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Bewertet am 13.6.2019

Worst customer support on the market

we inherited this software and while it has some good basic functions, apart from knowing how to use it I have nothing positive to say about it

Customer service is the WORST. I'm currently waiting for my rep to get back to me about an unresolved issue (it's been over 4 weeks since we were able to access our task lists). In the 4 weeks i have left numerouse messages and followed up with emails. As a total I received 1 email correspondence.
We have 3 new staff members that started within the last month and although trying to reach out numerous times regarding setting up profiles for these staff, we haven't been able to get a response.

ACT for web speed
we have a database of about 28000 contacts and are unable to use ACT for web as it is that slow that it has become unusable.

INTEGRATION
Everytime there is a server update all integrations stop working. We have tried to set up email syncing since early this year. All that "support" has to say that it has to be our PC set ups. Yet they can't tell us which settings need to be changed.

Alissa
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

Bewertet am 15.7.2022

Act is the affordable options

Overall Act has been a strategic software choice for our organization.

Act has a lot of the features more expensive CRM’s offer without sacrificing usability or features. It is feature rich and simple to use.

Act hasn’t had many changes in the last two years. I would like to see more growth for this product.

Salesforce Sales Cloud und SugarCRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Act!

Act has the more affordable option

Antwort von Act!

We love hearing from customers Alissa! Thanks for letting us know why you selected Act! and how it is helping your business. We look forward to more years delivering value to you!

Beantwortet am 18.7.2022
George
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Bewertet am 15.3.2019

Software continues to break

Every time I call Act! Support I feel like the techs are just trying to get off the phone after they realize they are in over their heads. Each time I call they try to blame it on Microsoft Office and we have to do a repair, next they default to uninstalling Act! and reinstalling it. It is not really tech support if we keep putting a bandaid on the issue rather than addressing the root cause of the issue. This software is on a Terminal server meaning that each time this breaks for 1 user it impacts every user at this company, because each user has to logout and stop working. These issues not being addressed may cause this customer to stop doing business with our company and your company is certainty going to loose them as a customer as well.

It is in bad taste that you will not allow this box to be left blank and are trying to force users to say something nice about your software. Every time I come in contact with your software it is because it is broken.(N/A)

The Act! / Microsoft Office integration needs some work. It keeps breaking and we have to troubleshoot this issue with our customer on a weekly bases.

Denise
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung

Bewertet am 29.1.2019

Product Great but Tech Support Stinks

I've been using Act! since the early 1990s, in three different industries. For the first industry, it increased my close ratio of willing qualified buyers from around 80% to over 95%. In the second and third industries that metric was not easily measurable because of long relationship lead times, but it dramatically assisted efficiency.

Ease of use, flexibility of design, reports, ability to track relationships across multiple contacts, and mass mailing abilities

Seems a little unstable at times for some features, and tech support is a game of Russian Roulette with perhaps one person in 10 who can troubleshoot a problem and fix it. The rest seem to be untrained, seem to have no analytical skills or trouble shooting abilities, seem to be reading off knowledge base scripts, and often make or recommend changes that end up making matters even worse. The product is WONDERFUL when it works properly, which is most of the time. But lookout for 2-7 days of downtime if you hit that problem that is too much for the low level tech support people.

772 Bewertungen