Über ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control ist eine cloudbasierte Betriebsmanagementlösung, mit der technisches Personal Fernunterstützung bieten, Fernzugriff erhalten und Fernsitzungen durchführen kann. Die Lösung fungiert als Treffpunkt für technische...

4,6

Jeev
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 2.7.2019

If you value your time and energy, use this software

I use this software on a daily basis to keep IT operations within my organization running like a well-oiled machine. Our pharmacies are very remote and the ease of deployment makes it a breeze to troubleshoot any machine located anywhere from anywhere.

ConnectWise Control was incredibly easy to implement, and is very powerful. It comes with so many tools and features that are invaluable and solve complex problems very simply.

No cons really. Any features and updates or nice-to-have's are added by their development team in subsequent updates, and they really do listen to their user base.

Rescue

Warum ConnectWise Control gewählt wurde

More features, less expensive, easier to deploy, saves me time, better support, and I've said it before, but the features. They are powerful and make my job so much easier.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ConnectWise Control

For the same reasons as I mentioned above, ConnecWise has more features, is less expensive, is easier to deploy, saves me time, and has a better support and development team.
Jonathan

Bewertet am 31.8.2021

A lot of value for dollar with ConnectWise Control

Overall ConnectWise Control has been easy to deploy and use. Initially we were hesitant to add our servers to a remote support tool like ConnectWise Control or TeamViewer, but this tool has made remote server administration much simpler.

ConnectWise Control has a great web view that allows us to quickly find the computer/server we're looking for. We can run standard command line and PowerShell commands through the web interface to quickly gather information or troubleshoot a user's computer without impacting the user experience. The screen share is very fast and reliable and often preferred over Remote Desktop sessions. It's also very nice to be able to switch between user sessions on the computer, like when interacting with a Remote Desktop server and needing to assist a specific user on the Remote Desktop server.

The software doesn't fully integrate with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, the only software that does is TeamViewer.

Henry

Bewertet am 17.9.2022

Excellent Remote Control/Access Platform

We are constantly providing IT/Accounting/Payroll support to our clients and ConnectWise Control is one of the most important tools in providing this support as it allows us to easily connect to our clients and step them through their problems.

We use both unattended and remote control and both are simple and easy to use. Staff have no issue learning to use ConnectWise Control and overall we have little to no problems with the platform.

Its connection quality options are great and find this to be a huge improvement over other platforms - we rarely have drop outs or lost connections.

The only feature that I dislike is that the platform logs out after a certain amount of time - I am guessing this is a security feature though.

TeamViewer, Splashtop Business Access und AnyDesk

Warum ConnectWise Control gewählt wurde

We initially reviewed our options as the price of our current platforms had recently increrased and after testing ConnectWise Control we were very impressed with its features and ease of use and decided to switch over.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ConnectWise Control

Pricing, Features and ease of use. Also we had situations where we had temporary team members that lacked Computer Skills and they were able to easily use ConnectWise Control without any issues.

Die besten Alternativen zu ConnectWise Control

Kristin
  • Branche: Chemikalien
  • Monatlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bewertet am 31.8.2022

Very easy software to use

I liked that this was easy to learn and navigate.

Nothing, this worked perfectly for what we needed.

Warren

Bewertet am 6.6.2022

A Reliable, quick and lightweight solution.

ConnectWise Control has helped us to dial into our clients in a fast and reliable manner. It's configurations mean that we can dial into servers without prompting the machine, but to dial into a workstation, the user does need to consent to control. This is crucial.

The speed in which we can connect to our end users with Control is it's greatest strength. It is very lightweight and a joy to use.

The support can be a little on the slow side, if required. more often than not, the support team have to escalate and log a ticket, which takes a while t get a response.

VNC Connect

Warum ConnectWise Control gewählt wurde

TeamViewer renewal fees ,we found to be extremely high. Plus, ConnectWise control integrates with ConnectWise RMM, which we use daily.

TeamViewer und VNC Connect

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise control fits perfectly into ConnectWise RMM, which my team use to monitor our client computers.
Gerry

Bewertet am 20.8.2022

Great product

Overall, I’m happy. Support leaves a lot to be desired, but product is very stable

Ease of use, scalability, built in workflows

Support is almost non-existent, and product can be a bit slow

Datto RMM und Kaseya VSA

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ConnectWise Control

Ease of use, detailed ticket system, ease of deployment
Brian

Bewertet am 6.9.2022

Taking Control with ConnectWise

This is easily the best of the ConnectWise software that we use as a company. Control is feature rich, and fits our needs perfectly as a remote support tool.

Control makes it easy to connect to our managed systems (via integration with CW Automate), as well as non-managed systems (through a web portal). As long as there is a decent network connection on the other end, we can connect reliably and take over the screen on the target workstation or server. There is also a "backstage mode" that we can utilize to check things out in a pinch, especially if the machine is already in use. The file transfer options are great and have been hugely beneficial. The ability to open a chat window and have a back and forth with the client is also really nice in certain circumstances where a phone call cannot occur.

The "backstage mode" is a little limited, but there is a newer version in development / testing so that should continue to be an issue. Connecting to a Mac can be a bit of an adventure, but it seems to be a little more on the Apple security side than any direct fault of CW Control.

Bewertet am 24.8.2022

The best remote support software for a very good price

By far the best support tool i've encountered in my career

The implementation of ConnectWise combined with Azure Authention is very easily setup. Deployment of agents works out of the box.

The MSI installer can be a bit annoying to deploy over GPO with a gold image.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ConnectWise Control

Better support option for a better pricing

Bewertet am 19.9.2022

CW and family

Really usefull and good for MSP uses

Full of usefull feature
Dispatch portal help us manage schedule

Some latency can come up sometime but does not stop the work process

Colin
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 11.9.2022

ConnectWise Control

Overall ConnectWise is a very good remote support tool and I would recommend it over many of the competitors.

The core functionality is great. For remote support sessions, it is very stable and reliable, which is critical. The connection works very well in most platforms and it is generally easy to guide users to the correct site for obtaining the client.

The user interface could use some simplification. Using pictures for the whole toolbar may seem like a good idea on its face and looks cleaner, but the end result is I'm always unsure where some of the settings might be located. Also, the monitor settings are a mess. Viewing multiple monitors, having monitors set in multiple windows, etc are great features to be sure, but the implementation of how those items are selected/used needs an overhaul.

Jordan

Bewertet am 11.4.2022

ConnectWise Control Review from Experience

I have utilized ConnectWise Control for 10 years at two different companies. This product has helped keep me and my teams efficient and productive while allowing for wizard-level support all over the world. I will not go without this software after experiencing it. I purchased this on my own to utilize prior to my current company adopting it company-wide.

The ease of connecting to a system. There are no complex login processes and the product functions extremely well. The remote experience is good enough to work all week through and the reliability of the sessions is enough that you don't need to have backup methods for remote access.

I don't have too many complaints because I have utilized and continue to utilize various other platforms in client environments that have worse functionality. If I had to pick one thing it would be that on occasion I have experienced a few instances where a PC without a monitor connected gives me a black screen when connecting to it. I do not believe that this issue is specific to Connectwise due to the graphics card and how it processes the GUI. The biggest challenge in recommending remote access software to a client is that there is always the concern about getting compromised. The on-premise version of this software allows us to recommend it to any client with a lower level of concern.

Warum ConnectWise Control gewählt wurde

Our company utilized Logmein Rescue, not specifically Join.Me. The pricing was actually cheaper with Connectwise and the product was far superior at the time. I had a lot of experience with Connectwise and I was more effective with my personal version of it than our staff was with the Company product so we ended up making the switch.

Join.Me

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ConnectWise Control

I have used a lot of remote access software. When we finally decided on Connectwise it was between Teamviewer, LogMeIn, and Connectwise. We currently still utilize Remote Support/Bomgar for a few clients, and we have utilized RealVNC for some specific use cases within our client's networks. Splashtop I have used personally along with Teamviewer and RemotePC. I was able to integrate the Connectwise API to work with our internal support monitoring tool. This allowed a simplified remote launch experience from within our existing application.
Roger

Bewertet am 8.2.2021

New User's Thoughts

Over the last 20 years, I've used all sorts of remote control software, most for a year or more. I used Log Me In when it was the preferred remote control solution at Connectwise several years ago and was very happy with that program, but I changed RMM program, and switched over to Solarwinds old Take Control, which did the job, but did not have the features that ConnectWise Control has. I've used Zoho Assist, which was inexpensive, but again lacked the features with CW Control. Also used Splashtop Remote for over a year which again was just about the same price, but without the features we have here.

I really like the ease with which I can connect with my customer's machines. Also, their command center at the top middle of the screen sometimes gets in the way but can be moved around. That Command center has some impressive tools in it, more than most, and they are very useful. From the Managed Toolbox that you can completely customize with your own tools to the help box which lets you do Google searches without leaving the application. The chat feature works as expected but could be improved. And it's affordable.

When you chat with a customer and sent the chat, it would be nice if the customer's chat window popped up on the customer's screen with your chat, instead of blinking on the Task Bar. I usually have to go to the customer's machine, click on the blinking ConnecWise Control icon to let the customer know that I have information or an answer for them.

Splashtop Business Access

Warum ConnectWise Control gewählt wurde

More features essentially the same price.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ConnectWise Control

More features essentially the same price.
Ryan
  • Branche: Maschinerie

Bewertet am 8.2.2021

Good Remote Support Platform

I'm very happy with this product, except for the price but it's not too terrible. I'm very used to free software but they just didn't have the features like ScreenConnect, especially being able to connect to any machine and manage it if it's connected to network anywhere.

I signed my company up for the Standard Package since it's wasn't critical that we had all of the features but we needed unlimited unattended access agents. This gives us the ability to see what machines are connected to internet or not and shows you the clients private and public IP addresses. This feature alone has helped me with user issues without even connecting to them. The remote command line without connecting to the machine is very nice, for simple commands. Having the ability to set information about the machine connecting to divide them up into companies, device type and department is very handy to have. The ability to give users access on only one company and set specific permissions on that company is a great feature. There are several great features that are included on the standard package but if the Premium package was cheaper, we would probably go with that one due to the reporting features in it. One thing that isn't a paid for option but is very nice it the option to connect to iOS or Android devices, not as an access device where you have access all the time but under the support option.

The platform is pretty solid but the user management is not as easy to spot the first time around. It would be nice if the OTP was easier to add for the Google Authenticator. Most give you a QR-Code to add the OTP but it works once you get it setup.

Warum ConnectWise Control gewählt wurde

These products did not give us insight to the machine and the machine had to be on the same network as the machine trying to provide remote support. ScreenConnect allows you to provide essential support to any machine as long as it has internet access.

VNC Connect
Senad

Bewertet am 30.8.2020

Better than TeamViewer

We manage large number of clients, some of them with unattended access and others without installing the client (on demand). After trial we have strong prositive impression with the functionalities and usability of the software. There was small fear of switching from a different product but the transition went smooth. We find some new functionality that we can use every week :)

Transition was easy both from our and the client side. Non of our clients had any experience with ConnectWise control but all were happy with the product and the service.
Connecting to the clients are easy, but what we liked the most is the extensive information about the client that is obtained by the ConnectWise Control (connection history, notes, run commands, view and kill processes). This is highly recommended software for any IT service company.

So far (few months) we didn't have or find any problems with the ConnectWise control. Hope it will stay that way :)

AnyDesk

Warum ConnectWise Control gewählt wurde

Teamviewer started adding more features which were (1) poorly implemented (2) not needed, in the effort to boost the sales, while losing focus on the most important feature of their remote connection software. The trigger for the switch was when TV limited numer of the devices for unattended access.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise is superior in all aspects and justifies the price.
  • Branche: Öl & Energie

Bewertet am 25.2.2020

Overwhelmingly simple yet effective

Overall this is one of the best remote control software products I've ever used. Overall it's very smooth to operate, on low speed or high latency connections, it will still work, but has (obvious) delays. Despite this, it's still possible to get the work done, there are just delays that make it appear as though you aren't doing anything since you're waiting for the next screen to render. This is especially bad during UAC prompts. I have been using this product for many years now and have rarely run into issues with it. For the price point though, this is the best product on the market and scales based on your needs.

- Ease of use
- Quick setup (cloud version)
- Minimal training required
- Easy customization
- Solid connectivity
- Requires no end user training

- Speed of connection varies greatly when using the cloud vs on-prem
- Must have a decent internet connection to use efficiently
- UAC prompts will cause the connection to slow down to a crawl even on good internet (not sure if a connectwise issue or a windows issue)

SolarWinds Service Desk, Kaseya VSA, VNC Connect und Remote Support

Warum ConnectWise Control gewählt wurde

The price point was way better and the overall functionality was a huge selling point.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ConnectWise Control

Having used some of the other products as well as Control, made this decision very straightforward. The overall functionality of the product for the price was the biggest selling point. Management thought I was joking when I showed them the 3 year cost of the software vs. the cost of some of the others in the mix. The decision was made there and then. Rollout took less than 48 hours (using GPO) to get all endpoints and servers added to the brand new environment. 100% would recommend for anyone sitting on the fence. We are currently using the cloud version and have not been disappointed with this product.

Bewertet am 29.11.2019

Product is one of the best I've used

Our company has been a Connectwise (ScreenConnect) client since nearly the very beginning of the company. We have enjoyed a long standing relationship and legacy pricing that is not offered to other clients.

We have access to our client's computers at one of the cheapest endpoint costs out there. Our server went down at one point for various reasons and we lost the complete configuration. We contacted technical support and they were so helpful that we ended up getting all of our client's computers checking into the server up restoring the license key. Support saved us.

When we did the restore, it didn't preserve the groups that we had segmented our clients into. We had to take alot of time to restore the configuration environment that we had set up.

Bewertet am 13.11.2019

Simple, Easy to use

Initially used ConnectWise Control (Formerly ScreenConnect) for simple IT support sessions (credential resets, issues with software, etc.). Later deployed agents to network. We found this product much more superior than other alternatives available on the market such as Kaseya. Sessions with speedy, and tools were easy to use like viewing one monitor individually, or performing maintenance discretely in open office environments. Allowed for support sessions to be performed remotely by staff extending the teams' effectiveness even in inclimate weather or times when IT staff worked remotely.

Formerly Screenconnect, Connectwise Control is an easy to use remote software that gives IT professionals all the necessary support session tools to easily perform remote IT sessions with end users.
- Includes chat messaging
- Includes options to view services, logs, and processes
- Allows technician to blackout monitor / block keyboard presses during session
- Allows for easy facilitation of temporary remote sessions by non-technical staff
- Easy facilitation to give "passes" (timed access) to end-users and technical support staff
- Allows for basic scripting options for alerting and webhooks
- 2FA Authentication enabled

- Difficult initially to setup department groups of computers,
- Not a lot of documentation on setting up webhook scripting,
- Database maintenance can be tedious
- Outside basic functionality (which is all you need), selective and limited add-on options and integrations (compared to other product Automate [labtech])
- Uses Java over HTML5 only.

Zoho Desk

Warum ConnectWise Control gewählt wurde

Connectwise offered superior features and a better implementation of remote control services vis-a-vis Java than older models like Kaseya which used and installed VNC on workstations.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ConnectWise Control

Connectwise's product is just enough what you need for facilitating remote sessions without much of the overhead of complicated help desk CRM setup. With Control, login, generate a link, open the link on the target PC, and the agent installed and registers easily. Agents (MSI) should also be available to deploy via Group Policy as well.
Jared

Bewertet am 29.10.2019

#1 in Unattended Remote Access

I've used many remote access tools in my few years as an IT professional. None have come close to the quality, speed, and reliability of ConnectWise Control.
If you've read any of my other reviews of ConnectWise products you'll find a common theme, we started using the product shortly before the acquisition. In the ScreenConnect days the tool was just as good and it was impressive to see how smoothly this tool was brought into the fold.

ConnectWise Control will never leave my mind as the pinnacle of remote access tools.

The service/local application. Its so fast to reconnect after disconnection. It is so reliable in staying up even when the machine is under great stress otherwise. This is just a solid piece of software that does exactly what it needs to and then some.
The added features are all cohesive and add to the experience of remotely assisting our customers.
This tool filled a VERY much needed gap in the ConnectWise suite of tools and really made for a holy trinity for technicians day to day ease of use in working tickets in Manage, running commands and maintenance out of Automate, and immediately helping clients with Control.

Managing the server yourself had the usual annoyances of having to do so, but also the positives. I believe they will host you now as well. Honestly there is very little poor to say about this product!

Alex

Bewertet am 30.8.2019

ConnectWise Control - Amazing Remote Support Utility

Over CW Control has been a game-changer in how our company delivers remote support to our clients. It has allowed us to operate more efficiently and gives our techs the tool they need to provide awesome remote support. Since we have started using it we have not even considered looking for an alternative tool.

Connectwise Control is an easy to use software that allows our company to provide remote access and remote support to our clients. The software was extremely easy to setup and configure and get running. Once it was set up and running it just works. It is the fastest remote access tool we have ever used. It connects to sessions in seconds, not minutes like some of the other remote access tools out there.

The layout of the software is great and make navigation for our techs and also the end-users simple. The built-in toolbox and remote file transfer also are dead simple to use and always work. It allows us to copy a file over to a desktop we are supporting, or to copy need diagnostic info back to our techs computers.

Control includes multiple options for 2-factor auth which is a must these days for tools like this.

The least liked portion of Control is that support is not always easy to get a hold of and sometimes does not always have the best solutions or fixes during the initial support engagement.

Michelle

Mostly Great

Overall, the software works basically like it should. There are some problems, but every software has it's issues. I would like to see some new features such as responding to online clients requests via our email so that I can respond to customers without having to lot into the system. On the same note, I would love to see that when a customer requests to open a chat, that the dialog box would include the user's AD/username and or ask the customer for a name, phone and email to start a chat so that we know specifically to whom we're talking to when a chat is started. I would recommend this software to other IT providers that do not have healthcare customers and I would recommend to ScreenConnect to have an attorney and engineer thoroughly read the aforementioned laws to properly implement and good healthcare product (HIPPA, the EMRA, ACA and Medicare).

The software is fairly easy to use, intuitive and easy to deploy with the hosted option. The newer features to look up currently installed Software, the latest error logs and full specs with SN is used almost daily in our computer.
The notes feature can glitch from time to time, but is a great way to track notes on customers when I'm doing a large batch of updates. I use it to track updates I've started so when I come back to it I know exactly where I left off which isn't necessary for our internal documentation, but is a great note pad tool right in the program.
Along the same lines, we use the Notes feature to leave pertinent information for specific devices such as construction equipment computers that can not be turned off without notice and who exactly to contact with their name, numbers and email address to ensure employees have easy access to this NECESSARY information before accessing the computer remotely.

My least favorite problem with this software is the customer service. We came across a bug over the past few months and when we called in were basically told that the problem was essentially end user error, which is ironic since we've used the software going on 5 years now and we are extremely familiar with the ins and outs of both the software and basic troubleshooting since, ya know, that's our job... Technical support was down right rude when they weren't understanding the issue and when I finally talked to a senior technical engineer for ScreenConnect, I explained the problem and was given an answer of "I could see why this would be confusing to the last agent" but they agreed with me that there was no reason for the agent to be rude or dismissive just because he couldn't understand the abstract bug. We have yet to solve the bug, but I don't necessarily blame the Senior level Engineer, the bug is just very hard to reproduce.
The one other hugely important disappointment with this software is that it is not ACTUALLY HIPPA, the EMRA, ACA and Medicare compliant. We have talked with Senior Engineers and the sales team and while they boast about the software being HIPPA compliant, I asked a how exactly they comply with the basic requirements, non-negotiable terms, and when pressed, ScreenConnect doesn't actually have proper compliance. We have therefore not installed the software on any of our health care clients which wastes a lot of time.

Pro und Join.Me

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ConnectWise Control

We chose ConnectWise because of price, expand-ability, the number of concurrent sessions per user you can have and past use at another company.
  • Branche: Unterhaltungselektronik

Bewertet am 3.7.2019

Best value out there in remote support

We're a small company so when one of their competitors had a major price increase, I started looking for an alternative. So glad I found ConnectWise Control! We're a small company and dont have the need for constant concurrent connection so paying thousands of dollars for that functionality didnt make sense. Service has been reliable, easy tio set up and most importantly, easy or my clients to use and connect.

Easy to use. Reliable. great dashboard.

It does everything I need and surprises me with things I didnt know I needed!

Astronomical price increase

Zuvor genutzte Software

Pro

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ConnectWise Control

Connect has the right prices for what we needed to do with the software. Other options just didn't cater to our small needs.

Great tool - Good mix of Instant and Agent

Love the product. Used to use a VLC-based product before, and this has gone so far already. Still some growing up to do, but seems like one of the best available products out there, at least for my needs, without being stupid-priced.

There is a lot to like about the platform. From an easy-to-use instant platform, to a strong access agent. It does a lot well, and there isn't a lot it doesn't do well.

I love the idea of the toolkit, where you can pre-upload commonly-used tools.

I also like that the software seems to be taking some steps forward as time goes on as well.

Always have to turn down to Low setting. Doesn't seem as optimized for bandwidth as other tools. Lack of CNAME ability; Doesn't seem to work right no matter how you set it up to make the site look like your own. Very awkward to customize look-feel, even with third-party add-ons.

TeamViewer und AnyDesk

Warum ConnectWise Control gewählt wurde

RemotePC hadn't done any growing. Product was clunky and slow, and difficult to get customers going with Instant

RemotePC

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ConnectWise Control

Just enough features, better pricing than TeamViewer in the end.
Josh
  • Branche: Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung

Bewertet am 19.6.2019

A great solution for a one-man-shop

It just works. It's super-ridiculously reliable. By that I mean, I've used MANY other remote support software solutions over the years, and while this one might not have the perfect clarity of an upscaled resolution, it has yet to fail me on a connection. I deploy them via MSI, occasionally update them from the admin interface, and ... thats it! It just works!

Compatibility, deployment (MSI package), and customization (can configure the server with addons, that in turn help you configure the client much faster than other solutions I've tried). AUTOMATIC NAME UPDATING. This was HUGE for me! This was the main reason I moved away from GoToAssist. I worked with GoToAssist support multiple times, but they couldn't help me get anything in place to do this. Essentially, if a PC name changed, the GoToAssist Server kept it's name listed as the "old name" - this lead to tremendous amounts of confusion for me and made it almost impossible to know which computers needed updating and which were already the correct name, simply connecting to support a user was an issue after just a few computer moves. Deploying software to 50-some machines might not be as large a task as other companies out there with 500+ machines, but as a one man shop, keeping those machines updated to ensure versions match, and names of the PC's are kept intact when users retire and new folks come on board is a HUGE time saver and stress relief after swapping to ConnectWise Control.

Poor screen scaling (when compared to a competitor like TeamViewer), slow multi-monitor (becomes a sluggish because it seems to want to stream all screens at once, even if only one is selected), and ambiguous information as to whether another third party who also uses the software has left theirs installed / potentially could cause exploitation and already causes confusion.

Scaling:
If I connect to a machine with no other users on it, I believe I should have the option (via the "join w/options" link, perhaps) to change the connection to match my resolution (similar to how Microsoft's own Remote Desktop or TeamViewer do)

Additionally, even if it's unable to match my connecting resolution, If the built-in scaling were better (I.E. - if there was a feature that introduced some good hardware accelerated anti-aliasing), the daily use of this software would be greatly improved.

Multi-Monitor Sluggish:
I've seen this with some other remote connection software - even the more legacy VNC protocol suffers from it, but it is avoidable because not all have this issue. I think the software needs to only stream updates to the primary selected monitor - or at least have an option to enable that, because delays become a huge problem when navigating things like complex databases or even simple excel sheets when there's a full-second delay. This does not happen on single monitor connections right now, it becomes noticable on dual-monitor, and on triple monitor it's very obvious.

• Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

Bewertet am 19.6.2019

Great remote software with good feature set.

I switched over from fixme.it as I needed a remote support app with a phone app as I use tablet and phones in the field and I'm.not always near a computer.

Support has been great over chat as needed and most downtime is noted well ahead of time.

Ease of setup and configuration.
Personal landing page for remote clients.
Quickly see online status, system specifications and ram usage
Easily issue commands to system and transfer files.

Upgrading and sometimes new clients have issues associating with account. Once in awhilenanfew workstations refuse to update and manually installing fails.

Price is on the high side compared to some offerings. Screenshot is nice but really too small to be of ant use

Warum ConnectWise Control gewählt wurde

Needed a web based portal and communication with client without having to bounce back between each session and the main page. Needed a phone/tablet app to use for remote support tech support via fix me was much slower an d sometimes required adding permissions into internet settings .

FixMe.IT

Costs.
Merlin

Bewertet am 1.3.2019

This used to be an awesome product for tech support. Now it is just great.

Support staff is always professional. But the way they get information from us and use it as to features on the product and what we like and dislike was really poorly done.

I *used* to like the "Toolbox" till they broke it.
Ability to reboot computer and stay connected.
Screen drawing.. but that is bittersweet as the feature was VERY BADLY written. Whomever wrote, clearly did not use it to try and talk someone through something on their computer.
The ability to dynamically group computers by client and tags is AMAZING!!! I love that I can code searches for my groups.
Ability to rename computers.
See how long computers have been off-line
The plugin system that allows me to greatly enhance the way I interact with the interface.
Ability to create user accounts and control their security. (Still waiting for ability to limit how many connections they use)
The fact that I can run it off my own server is AWESOME!

I used to love that I could use the "Toolbox" to execute my tech tools while working on computers. Just pick it from the list... have it download to C:\SomeFolder and then open that folder and all the tools were there. I could clean viruses, restart the computer, go back and continue. That is no more though. After I bought the software they changed it. Now the tools download to the users "Documents" folder. The users get mad at me for digging through their "Docuemtns" folder to try and find "my folder" where the tools download too. It is hard to get to the folder. It is impossible to set exclusions on the virus shield because the folder name changes as it in the users profile. If they have bad internet or I leave a scanning tool running a long time, lose connection, the folder is removed and so are the tools. I have to start all over. This software SUCKS NOW! They completely changed it. The worst part is... they did not have too. They could have easily let it continue to work the way it was and given us some toggles and variables to control its behavior. Bad programming really. They say this app was written by techs for techs.. I think that may have been true once. Not any longer.

Lack of hotkeys... To move between screens and clear the screen drawing.
Inability to set the color of the screen drawing.
No button to set "Auto" sizing on the resolution.
"Acquire Lock" feature never seems to work.
I would list more but I am out of space.

1.806 Bewertungen