Calamari Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Zum Anbieter

Über Calamari

Calamari ist eine cloudbasierte Personallösung, die zwei Module bietet: Urlaubsmanagement und Ein- und Ausstempeldienste. Die Software eignet sich für kleine und mittlere Unternehmen in jeder Branche und bietet mobile Apps für...

4,6

• Branche: Kosmetik

Kasa Beauty Trade GmbH

Alles in einem Programm als komplette Übersicht ist super

Support sehr freundlich und Kompetent und einfacher Aufbau

Man kann nicht 2 verschiedene Wochenschichten einstellenUnsere Friseure arbeiten in 2 Wochenschichten

Hello,
Thank you for the review. Although we don't have the feature you mention, you can use daily work schedules to define work days and hours per day without the clock-in/clock-out hours.

Beantwortet am 24.4.2023
Noah
Noah
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

Bewertet am 22.3.2023

Excellent product and a great value

It has been a great addition to our company overall. It is very simple to request time off, to approve requests, and to track coverage on any given day. The timeclock is extremely simple to use, but also offers plenty of features. We have been very pleased with our decision to implement Calamari.

We love the ease of use, the integration with other applications, and the excellent UI. The fact that Calamari can send a Slack notification every morning to inform the team who is out that day is extremely helpful. Ease of use is a critical component to get buy-in from all employees, and Calamari is great in that regard.

The areas where I can see room for improvement are mostly to do with reporting. Many companies require a signed record of timecard approval to ensure that employees are being compensated fairly. In order to achieve this, we have to export data and configure it manually. It would be great to incorporate a timecard approval workflow into the application to make this seamless.

Hello!
Thank you for your comprehensive review. I'll pass your opinion to our team to consider. In the meantime, you can stay tued about the new Calamari features on our What's New page here: https://calamari.io/whats-new

Beantwortet am 18.4.2023

Bewertet am 15.3.2023

Excellent, low-cost solution for Non-profits!

By switching our leave management and time tracking to Calamari, we have greatly reduced the amount of administrative hours spent on tracking PTOs and ensuring staff are working an appropriate amount of hours. The Slack integration has also been a huge bonus - staff don't need to log in to yet another app and instead can manage time off and clocking in/out right from the Slack app that they already use all day long.

Calamari has an easy to use, simple user design that was easy for our team to switch to. The support team is always very helpful in onboarding our organization and answering any questions to date. My favourite part is the Slack integration; my team uses Slack for daily communication, so having the ability to do practically anything you needed for time tracking and leave management within Slack has been extremely convenient.

One feature that I think may be lacking is the work schedules. As office workers a team's schedule is usually pretty similar from week-to-week, however, we offer flexible work schedules that have varied number of hours or days that are worked every other week. Calamari currently doesn't have the ability to customize work schedules to this level, which has led our operations team to have to put in more hours than we would have liked in setting up work schedules to properly reflect scheduled number of hours. I would also think this would be a major downfall for any organization that schedules shifts for their employees.

BambooHR

Warum Calamari gewählt wurde

To save valuable administrative time and reduce the chance of human error in paid time off calculations for staff.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Calamari

Calamari had a more user-friendly design, offered both time tracking and leave management (which most other programs did not), offered non-profit pricing, and had an extremely easy to use Slack integration.

Die besten Alternativen zu Calamari

Rob
  • Branche: Bau

Bewertet am 6.9.2022

Decent value for money timekeeping app

Monthly subscription cost and easy to use.

such a bland and unhelpful interface.
no Auto clock in / clock out

Antwort von Calamari

Thank you for your review.
The auto clock in/out feature is an excellent idea. Let me pass it on to our team. We always listen to our clients' needs and are open to improvements you need the most.

Beantwortet am 22.9.2022
Nick
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 7.3.2024

Good Product for Trackign Employee time worked and time off schedules

Overall we like the product. It keeps track of time off and daily timeclock functinos very well. It is highly customizable. I just have a hard time getting help if I need it, which luckily isn't too often.

Product is very flexible on how you set it up

It is so fexible, it can be difficult to set up. Getting help after initial setup has been challenging for me sometimes also.

Fabien
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Bewertet am 15.3.2023

Good system, great customer service, just missing a few features

Overall I am happy with the product and I think for the price it is OK.Once overtime features and better admin controls are implemented I will give this 5* all round.It's so close to being amazing!

It's very easy to useThe app and web version have a very modern feel unlike s a lot of the other HR systems out there.The admin and set up process are very easy and intuitive, and even our technophobe employees had no issues with signing up and getting used to it.The customer service team is friendly and always quick to reply with any questions or issues we have.The whole system is very fast and processes all tasks very quickly.There's a very good selection of clocking methods: QR scanner, mobile app, website, iBeacon, API.They have one of the most advanced and open API protocols I've seen from all my tests and being a high tech firm I was keen to have this option to facilitate any implementation in the future.

Although the product is nice it does feel like it's behind competitors in some aspects.I get the feeling the development team is too small and I'd certainly like more action on the features we have requested.There are a few translation mistakes we have spotted but they never affected usability.The team management isn't as dynamic as expected.Admin features are missing (seeing acitvity logs to see what users changed what data at what time/date etc), and I would like more control and settings available on some parts too.Some of the exported reports seem to have been coded by different people because the table headers and names are not consistent throughout, again only a small problem, but this probably wouldn't happen with a bigger firm.Overall the main downside is that these features missing and little errors now and again make me feel like we are beta-testing the product for them, but paying market rate for the privilege.

Hello!
Thank you for your comprehensive review.
I'll make sure to pass it to our team. Our team grown twice as big as it was year ago and we're still getting bigger. WIth more help we're able to develope more great features. You can stay up to date about Calamari updates on our What's New page here: https://calamari.io/whats-new

Beantwortet am 18.4.2023
Parker
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 22.9.2022

Leave Tracking Platform That Checks All of the Boxes

Calamari is an outstanding tool for leave tracking. In the 2+ years our company has used Calamari, we have heard nothing but positive feedback from employees and managers. The approval flow and seamless integration with Slack have significantly reduced the approval time for requests. Calendar and notification functionality keeps stakeholders informed of employee availability. Complex accrual rules are easy to configure and the Calamari customer service team is always at the ready to assist when needed. It's a top not platform that gets the exact job done that we need.

I recently provided feedback that we hoped the reporting tool could include archived employees so we export historical data on time off trends. Calamari took this feedback and was able to implement a new solution that recently went live. I appreciate them listening to us and building a solution!

The .csv importer can be a little finicky. Rarely am I able to complete an upload task without needing support from the Calamari team. The good news, however, is that they are immediately responsive and help me troubleshoot the error. If this could be resolved it would help me rely less on their customer support team, but it's a minor annoyance.

PurelyHR

Warum Calamari gewählt wurde

We pivoted to a new time tracking software that did not include any leave tracking capabilities so needed to find an alternative solution.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Calamari

Calamari was the only platform we found that only provided leave management. Every other alternative came with so many other bells and whistles that we didn't need. The simplicity of Calamari was one of the deciding factors in its favor.
Sandra
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Bewertet am 14.9.2022

Perfect and easy to use tool

I'm using Calamari since 4 years (in my previous jobs and current company). I didn't have any problems or troubles while using it. Calamari helps are improved our workflow, especially with the calendar which we can see easily how many people will be absent in the next days. Also, I feel we can care a little bit of environment by using on-line tool and not to print any leave request etc. That's also important for us to using the tool which doesn't impact negative on our planet.

- Calamari is really easy to use, even if employee didn't use similiar tools before,
- It's easy to integrate
- Working very good, it's clear and intuitive
- The support helps me with setting-up everything, they care about users,
- The app is also easy to use.

I don't see any cons, I'm using Calamari since 4 years and that's why I've chosen Calamari to use again in my current company.

Timesheets.com

Timesheets.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Calamari

In overvall, my experience with Calamari was better - it's easier to use and more perspicuous than Timesheets. The second reasons is easy to integrate, to add new people and also it's available in Polish language.
Monika
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 30.6.2020

Very simple tool that integrates easily with Jira, Slack and HR payroll software

All in all the system improved our corporate life. Everyone finally knows how many day-off he can/may use during a year.

We like this tool, because it's synchronized with other tools used in our organization (e.g. outlook Calendar, Jira, Optima, Slack, Office365). It is very userfriendly and intuitive and can be customized the way we need. We have a lot of different types of agreements and hence a lot of different absence types - and the system enables to configure everything the way we need. Additionally we are delighted with a customer support.

Lots of possibilities to customize ( absence types, calendars, working shifts, approval processes etc.) makes the system more complex to configure and it looks difficult at the beggining, but - when you start to udnerstand different dependancies and how it's built - is stops to be a problem. Customer support is of absolutely marvelous, always responsive and very, very helpful.

HRnest

Warum Calamari gewählt wurde

Previous tools didn't calculate how many days are still to be taken by end user during a year, so our employees and contractors didn't have possibility to control their absences effectively. We also simplified the payroll process - thanks to simple download of data in a proper format to the payroll system - it have eliminated the manual input of absences to payroll system (Optima).

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Calamari

It was the only system that had all the features we've looked for - so integrations with Jira, Slack, Optima, and Office365 and complex enough to be able to calcuate different types of absences.
Rino
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Bewertet am 15.3.2023

Calamari - weird name, great product

Very positive experience and once set up, we have been able to use the system reliably with no help needed from support

Very simple to deploy with a transparent pricing structure

In reality, nothing. The product is easy to customize and adapt for specific use

Kat
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 29.7.2019

Offer great policy integration

We could build in our leave policies so that Calamari enforces the rules automatically (e.g., who is eligible to take school visitation leave, awarding some leave annually and some by days worked, different minimum durations for different leave types, etc). It offers very granular control over the setup, and is very intuitive and smooth once setup.

The downside of having such detailed control options is the steep learning curve in the implementation process. Fortunately, the customer support staff are great and really helpful with figuring everything out. I'd like Calamari to implement an "edit" feature for approved leave requests, which would be more convenient than cancelling and resubmitting.

Timetastic

Warum Calamari gewählt wurde

It was a homegrown system that was overly complicated to manage and whose software could change on short notice (we relied on a free add-on for the approval process).

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Calamari

Calamari had the best policy integration, and we have a whole variety of policies for a variety of leave types.
Joana
  • Branche: Kosmetik
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 4.4.2022

Clock and Leave Management

We use mainly the time tracking and leave management features, and it works well.

I would like to have a feature to evaluate work performance for employees.

Factorial

Warum Calamari gewählt wurde

Factorial does not work with small companies.

Factorial

Antwort von Calamari

Thank you for your review!
In near future we're planning to introduce the new module connected to employees' documents. If you want to know more, please contact us.

Beantwortet am 21.4.2022
Leili
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Bewertet am 18.4.2022

Most versatile time and leave management system I know off

One of the added benefits, aside making administrative HR work easier, is the ability to use Calamari as a communication tool especially with remote teams and hybrid work. Team members can easily follow absences and also when Clockin module is used to follow whether someone has already started working or left already or is taking a break. Having easy access to this information takes down the frustration if there is a delay in communication (chat applications like Slack) and has improved overall cordiality among the employees.

Simple and focused to do what needs to be done. Very versatile and easy to customize, especially when you have teams in different countries. Customer service is always helpful and really does forward ideas and concerns to the development team. Hands down the best software to make life easier in smaller companies where a lot of HR work is done by one person or only a small team.

I used to miss the Break feature synchronization with Slack. In our current company we use only the Leave module so that is not an issue here. Also when using the Clockin module, there should be a different icon setting be made available for days taken entirely off as accumulated overtime. Currently it is possible to do it, but the system treats it as a remote work day, which is misleading because such person has already done the work needed. It does not happen often, but when it is needed, it does add confusion and requires a lot of manual handling and double checking.

Antwort von Calamari

Thank you for your comprehensive review.
The break option on Slack in the Clock In module has been added and if you have a paid Slack version, you can now use it and it works great. You can find out how to do it here:

We're glad you see the benefits of using Calamari for remote and hybrid work. We're also working on releasing a brand new module connected to the employees' documents that will improve the information flow about employees, so stay tuned!

Beantwortet am 26.4.2022
Heidi
  • Branche: Maschinerie

Bewertet am 12.10.2021

Easy to Use Attendance tracking, Calendar, Clock out

Good support, easy to use.

Calamari's calendar is a great way to see who is in the office, traveling or on vacation. We also use it to track who is reserving conference rooms and company vehicles.

Creating reports to track people's absences is a nice feature but it is not as robust as it could be. We like to track when salespeople are visiting customers and we have to put the customer name in the "reasons" box when it would be nice if it could be a dropdown of our customer list.

ADP Workforce Now

Warum Calamari gewählt wurde

Easier to track and automate requests off and have the visible to everyone.

Cheaper, easier, more transparent

Hello!
Thank you for a great review.
Great idea to use Calamari to track room and vehicles availability. Nice one!
We share our API documentation to help companies create the integrations suited just for their needs. If you want to talk about this possibility some more, please contact us via:

Marek
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 3.6.2023

Calamari REVIEW

The platform provided an efficient and reliable solution for time tracking, leave management, and attendance tracking.

There were several aspects of Calamari that I found appealing. One of the things I liked most was its intuitive and user-friendly interface. Navigating through the platform and accessing various features such as time tracking, leave management, and attendance tracking was seamless and straightforward. The availability of mobile apps further enhanced the convenience, allowing employees to manage their time and leave requests on the go. Additionally, the reporting and analytics capabilities provided valuable insights into employee attendance patterns and helped streamline workforce management.

One area that I liked least was the limited customization options. While the core functionalities of time tracking and leave management were solid, the ability to customize the platform to match specific business requirements was somewhat limited. Having more flexibility in terms of customizing leave policies, approval workflows, and reports would have been beneficial for organizations with unique needs.

Anjula

Bewertet am 1.8.2019

Leave Management Made Easy

Hassle-free leave and attendance management system with always smiling customer support team.

As a startup, I was looking for a perfect solution for leaves and attendance management. By using Calamari,
you can approve your employee’s leaves from your fingertips. And every detail you need is available on their dashboard.

Having issues sometimes with the attendance management as the beacon system doesn't work with us well yet. Hopefully, they will fix it in future as I have faith in them.

Zoho People, Dynamics 365 und Sage HR

Zoho People, Dynamics 365 und Sage HR
Matthew
  • Branche: Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung

Bewertet am 16.7.2020

An integrated solution

Our staff’s adoption of Calamari has been smooth. As a time card replacement and a PTO tracker it has been great.

We were looking for a tools that helped to keep our staff able to manage their hours and leave but also remain within a system that was SSO. Functionality, the more integrated with our identity provider (Microsoft 365) the better for our managment and for staff ease of adoption. Calamari has worked out great.

We also appreciate that Calamari worked with us in our unique position to put together a pricing option that considered the blended nature of our staff needs. This was a large value-add.

We like that Calamari remains under development. It would be nice if it was able to integrate further with the growing system of time and shift managment in Microsoft Teams. This may be a limitation of Microsoft’s structure but we would love to see it nonetheless.

Jeta
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Bewertet am 25.1.2022

Leave management system

our company was old school trucking company without a software to manage the time off. The PTO management was done manually and there were a lot of mistakes and confusions.Calamari changed our day to day business life and the requests for PTO were done fast and smooth. Both employees and managers love the transparent calendar function where they can see who is off and when.

it is very user friendly and easy to use for all employees even those who are not that friendly to technology. I also like the reporting of this software, it is one click and very fast way of getting your data.

i am very happy with all the functionalities of Calamari. It is very user friendly and to train employees on how to use it it is fast and smooth. I don't have cons.

Antwort von Calamari

Thank you for your opinion! We're glad that Calamari was able to help your company! It's great to know that organizations from all kinds of industries can benefit from our software. We wish you a great experience and if you would need any help - our Customer Success team is ready to help.

Beantwortet am 13.4.2022
Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 7.2.2018

absence management and clock in/clock out were never so easy

Super easy leave management and clock in/clock out (using beacon).

It's a new way of absence & leave management. You can plan and track all types of vacation, paid time off, sickness and you can do it without old, annoying paper forms. You'r always few mouse clicks from your dreamed vacations ;) Another wery importand feature is clock in/clock out - it's super easy to use especially with bluetooth beacons support. Place a token in your office reception and install/configure calamari app on our phone. That's all! You can forget about clockin in/out ever again. It will by done automaticaly when you enter/leave your offiice. If you don't want to use beacons or when you'r work from home you can still clock in/out "manual" from mobile app. It's worth to mention that calamari has super helpfull customer service.

Beacon support for Android phone still need some fine-tunning compareing to iOS version. Except that - it's just perfect!

Martin

Bewertet am 4.4.2022

Easy to use, simple interface and almost everything you need

Calamari allows us to track attendance, absences and assignments to different protects. It's easy to use, and the fact that the team can clock in/out from their smartphones is really helpful.

I can't believe there is not a built-in feature to track On call services. This is highly used among IT companies, but also other such as medical departments. I need to be able to track people who is on call duty, and track overtime on top of that. Currently that is not possible and I had to tweak some features, but it is just a workaround
I also miss being able to create custom reports. There is powerful information not exploded there.

Antwort von Calamari

Thal you for your opinion.
I'll make sure to let our Dev team know about your request so they can take it into consideration during planning upcoming projects. You can also report your request directly to our Customer Success team on https://calamari.io/contact

Beantwortet am 25.4.2022
Katarzyna

Bewertet am 7.9.2022

Our favourite HR tool!

We've been using Calamari for over a year now and we cannot imagine managing HR without that software.

Calamari is a great tool that helped us a lot with tracking employees' time off. It is really hard to imagine how did we manage without this software.

Calamari is very easy to use, both for employees and for employer as well. With just a few clicks employee can request vacation, remote work or report sick leave. The possibility of introducing any type of leave in the system or configuring different acceptance processes is a very useful feature. Overall the editing possibilities are really vast, which is very important for us, a startup, which has very specific dynamic when it comes to managing HR.

Integrating Calamari with Google and Slack made it even easier to use. Our team receives notifications about absences, which allows everyone to better plan their work.

We wouldn't change anything about the software.

Natalie

Bewertet am 12.10.2021

Lightweight and easy to deploy

It has saved me and my team a lot of time and confusion! This is the best solution by far that we have found.

It was simple to on-board the team to this software and it has been smooth to operate since.

The UI is difficult to navigate at times and there were several issues in our initial set-up.

Hello!
Thank you for your opinion!
In near future, we're planning to introduce some visual changes to the app and we hope they will make the user experience better.
In case of any issues connected to the set-up, please contact our Customer Success team which will help you prepare your Calamari account according to your needs. You can write to us using this link:

Avishkar
Avishkar
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 16.11.2017

Effective timesheet and leave management - we have a very happy HR Department!

My review pretty much covers it. Resource planning in the Calendar view. Monitoring leave applications and clock in locations. My HR Managers now have confidence in the timesheet information as they can review it in real time and not just at month end.

We have decentralized operations, and our managers and HR love being able to see presence and location statuses of our employees in real time, and at a high level.
The Calendar function in the leave module allows for great oversight and enables more efficient resource management and allocation.
The time-sheet and leave reports available are robust and we love the download to excel feature, this perfect tabular format allows for deeper dives on trends, pivot tables etc within Excel.
It really is simple to use for employees and managers. The app keeps things simple to enable clocking in/out and applying for leave.
Really just very easy to navigate, after training our managers, no one has had to come back to us on how to navigate the system.
There are several clock in methods which allows for flexibility, eg smartphone clock-in, QR scans, and browser check-ins.
I must also commend the support team for providing excellent back-end support for our administrators! Keep up the great work and service

A few improvements could be made, such as allowing for attachment uploads from a smartphone for leave applications and for locations to be tagged when clocking in with a QR code.

Marek
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 13.10.2021

Do something with calendar view! PLEASE!!!

Policies for determining the number of days off, the possibility of using various acceptance flows, and great preparation for Polish labor law - are really great elements of Calamari.

I will write it again - calendar view .... It is impossible to describe how bad, illegible and useless this element is. I haven't seen anything like this for many years - it looks like from Windows 98. With over 30 people in the team, it practically does not provide any meaningful functionality. Please, PLEASE do something with that. Just take o look at ANY OTHER software using calendar view, and change yours.

Hello!
Thank you for your review! I'll pass your opinion to our team so we can think of a better visual representation. In the near future we're planning to make some changes in the app's appearance. We hope that the new view will be more suitable for you.

Mariusz
Mariusz

Bewertet am 30.11.2017

Great, easy and very helpful product! Now I can not imagine how we actually

Pure market analysis

Calamari helps my company handle holidays. It allows me to easily control, monitor all absences and what is really helpful helps me to decide if I should accept holiday request, when someone in my team had requested and this request has been already accepted! That is the core functionality for me :)
I really love integrations that Calamari provides me!
At first: GSuite (by Google) - I do not have to worry about creating new accounts and I can see all of absences in my Google Calendar (this is my favorite) .
Another huge integration is with Slack, which is main messenger in my company. I can just accept and decline requests without login in into Calamari!
On the other hand I really like is Calamari support, those guys (especially Hubert) are fast as lightning, very thoughtful, proactive and they for sure will help you configure your instance. Communication with them is pleasure :)

Once Calamari is configured is maintenance-free, and very very comfy!

540 Bewertungen