Über SpamTitan

SpamTitan ist eine Spam-Filter-Lösung, die für Unternehmen, MSPs (Managed-Services-Anbieter) und Schulen konzipiert ist und sie dabei unterstützt, Spam, Viren, Malware, Ransomware, Phishing-Versuche und andere E-Mail-Bedrohungen...

4,4
4,4

Nutzerbewertungen zu SpamTitan durchsuchen

509 von 509 Bewertungen
Ágoston
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

Bewertet am 17.8.2019

Versatile spam/av filter for reasonable price

It is great. Good software for a modest price tag: not too expensive but not too cheap so they are able to cover support and pay support engineers with qualities. It works as expected.

The ease of setup, the integration of Bitdefender sandbox, the punctuality of the spamfilter - after training -, the user quarantine, price tag, fast and quality(!) support. The quality of the checks and inclusion of bitdefender is a big extra. And I have to mention the support again: once we ran into a problem updating the software at a customer the speed of response and willing to help and solve the issue for us analyzing the system, etc was great ( The problem caused by our fault as we gave too few resources to the VM because we waited for more RAM to the virtual hosts and didn't upgrade the settings when we had enough resources again to run all workloads.) Support was willing to recover the system to be fully functional with a remote help.

Looking for logs about a specific message could be easier. While it's great and usable for an experienced admin this is a bit tedious for Level 1 support guys. However, there's a detailed description/howto page which covers all the details (https://helpdesk.spamtitan.com/support/solutions/articles/175885-using-history). I just mean that could be easier to follow a message and look for all occurrences in the logs.

Tyler
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

Good mail filter, easy for our users to manage.

SpamTitan provided a lot of the functionality of our previous mail filtering service, while keeping costs competitive. It's very simple and easy to use from an end user perspective, and not terribly hard to set up as an Administrator. There are plenty of options for deployments both small and large. On the back end SpamTitan uses a collection of open source software like Spamassasin and ClamAV, bundled together in a pretty web interface they've designed and provide support for. Compared to rolling your own solution, hiring a Linux admin to manage a mail filtering service, this is much more cost effective.

Support was a little lacking. Their headquarters are in Ireland, so responses take a little longer, and it's a little hard understanding them sometimes, especially over the phone. The audio quality of overseas phone calls is very poor.
The foundation SpamTitan is built on Spamassasin is only so good, it doesn't catch spam and viruses like the leading mail providers (Gmail/Google Apps). For that reason, it may require a little more time for administrators to fine tune settings.

Conor
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 13.7.2018

Decent features for the price could do with some more features. Would still recommend.

Spam is removed.

Cloud based software so nothing to install on site. The dashboard allows you to see what emails have been quarantined, allows white listing of domains. Decent set of basic features. Price point reflects what you get.

The following lets it down:
1. The quarantine reports to the users are once a day, i get a lot of emails from staff saying they haven't received a email from a client and i have to log in to check, a quarantine email once a hour would be much better.
2. Some email which don't even match basic standards get block but not reported, took us a while to realise this as we had a ioT device misconfigured but had no idea Spam Titan was blocking it.
3. It can fail to deliver to the endpoint mail server, but doesn't report whether the email was successfully delivered or not just that it passed or didn't pass the spam listing, you have to go into the actual email and look at the headers.
4. Would be nice if there was a encrypted SMTP relay too that could scan email going out. Haven't had a compromised laptop or email account but could see how this would help.

Antwort von TitanHQ

Hi Conor,
Thanks for your kind review and your very helpful feedback on SpamTitan. It has been fed back into the product team. Their feedback is as follows:

1.This is true that SpamTitan sends one report per day, however all end users can request on-demand reports as many times per day as they wish, simply by clicking the On Demand Link at the bottom of the report.

2. All mail that connect to SpamTitan will be reported on in the Reporting > History tab. Along with all headers.

3. If a mail is passed to the mail server this will be shown on the Reporting > History tab. Along with the SMTP response the Mail Server provided.

4.SpamTitan will filter all outbound mail and can have TLS enabled for encrypted traffic.

We're constantly developing and trying to improve SpamTitan Conor, thanks again for the great feedback

Kind regards,

Die besten Alternativen zu SpamTitan

Adam

Bewertet am 14.11.2022

SpamTitan Provides Excellent Protection

It has been fantastic and I absolutely love the product.

Integration was easy, post sales team ensured all the steps were taken correctly and it is highly effective.

The layout is slightly dated and reminds me of older software like Magento's backend. Graphs could be flashier and there could be more of them, but these are minor things for me. However, they may matter more to others.

Microsoft 365 und MailWasher

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpamTitan

Ease of integration, archiving, and price
Alex

Bewertet am 8.7.2021

Excellent Cloud based Spam filter for Office 365 Email

It has been pleasant doing business with SpamTitan. There sales team was low pressure, when I inquired with them they got back to me right away, they provided a live demo of the product, and they offered a free commitment free trial period so that we were able to directly compare it to our old spam filter solution before making a purchase.

Price is extremely reasonable for the service they provide. The competition has slightly more features but they offer them at 3 - 5 times the cost per user, which is in no way justifiable for the benefit (if any). Very easy to setup and offers great flexibility in how emails are filtered for different users.

One feature that is currently missing that our previous spam filter solution had was the ability to whitelist and blacklist email address and domains directly from the mail history report.

Warum SpamTitan gewählt wurde

Our Barracuda was a physical email filter from when we hosted email on our own server. It was aging out and SpamTitan offered a spam solution that was a fraction of the price of Barracuda's own cloud service.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpamTitan

Price was the biggest factor. SpamTitan offered the best per user rate for a product that meets our needs.
Norzihan
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 12.2.2021

Stop spam email with SpamTitan

SpamTitan has help me so much in fighting a spam email and malicious link from harming our system. All the attachment in the email will be scanned before I open it and any suspicious file attachment will be blocked and quarantine, to protect me from mistakenly opening it. I really has a positive experience after deploying this software in my working environment.

SpamTitan has advance and extra security layers that protecting my email account get penetrated or get attack from spam email. Ransomware is one of the most feared kind of emails that we really want to avoid, and this software effectively blocking any malicious email that may contain file attachment or link that may harm my computer or phone.

The only point that i dislike is, there are no access to the software from other device except from my computer, as it only operating from stand-alone application for desktop. It will be more flexible if the software has web-browser, so user can access it from anywhere that internet is available.

howard
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 26.3.2021

Our Experience Installing and Using Spam Titan

The Spam Titan team have been brilliant, all the way through from initial contact to our engagement with support during initial configuration, they bent over backwards to be helpful.

Support engagement is good, with very rapid responses to calls we submitted initially.

The product was really easy to setup and is intuitive.
It basically does exactly what it is supposed to once setup and we have not experienced any issues with the product other than from our side setting up the various bits of DNS txt correctly :-)
As expected it takes a while to learn our email patterns so initially there were some delays with some inbound emails due to Grey-listing as it waited for resends to recognise good email, this was improved by playing with initial grey list settings.
Overall we are very happy with the product and we have had no complaints from any users, which is always a plus.

At this point there are no parts of the product that we are unhappy with.

MimeCast Email Security

Warum SpamTitan gewählt wurde

Verizon were no longer supporting message labs so we needed to leave quickly

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SpamTitan

This was a very straightforward product compared to the complexity of the alternatives and at a fraction of the cost. After an easy and quick proof of concept we were sold :-)
Matthew
  • Branche: Maschinerie

Bewertet am 10.12.2021

Many many years of use

Ease of use, once set up, only minor additions/deletions needed

Does not allow all attachments to be viewable in the console before release.

Zuhairah
  • Branche: Bankwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 30.1.2021

Protect and secure email with SpamTitan

Very positive experience with SpamTitan for almost 2 year. Most of the spam emails is definitely has been filtered out and has securing my email account. I hope they can continue updating a new feature and spam filter keyword so it can secure my inbox better.

Protecting and securing my email account from spam and spoof email has very effective using SpamTitan. It has really avoiding my inbox bombarded from uninvited email. The quarantine report and the whitelist let me to unblock the incoming email if its were falsely unblock. It has serve me well and keep a peace mind from all the spam email.

One of the least thing that i like is the notification is not consistent at all. Sometimes it will notify me for a list of email that are block, and sometimes the notification won't even shown. The customer support is slow in replying ticket, and has been ignored for weeks without any response. Other than that, everything else is great.

Morten

Bewertet am 1.2.2021

Great product

I have been using spamtitan for more than 10 years now.

The software are easy to use and efficient

There is a long time between the updates in the software, this is both good and bad.

Eric
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

Emails are by the minute .. daily report doesnt cut it

It was alright but having good emails blocked and others not blocked was a fine grey line of a product that works or doesnt. Currently we rather have office do it for us as it will send an email same time of something that is blocked and can be release.

The software was great in terms of user interface and usage.

The daily report of spam or something with held was to long of a delay. What killed this software for me is when our founder had a false positive email he waiting for (plane ticket) and he didnt get it till next day causing him to buy another ticket at the terminal. Our sales reps would get their reports of potential clients that had their emails blocked by the system the next day which was also very bad for us.

Avanan

Warum SpamTitan gewählt wurde

I thought this product would do a better job

Microsoft 365

price
Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Automotive

Bewertet am 2.8.2018

Say byebye to spam!

With over 500 mailboxes, spam had become a major problem for users. Not only was it an exposure point for phishing scams, but viruses as well. Along with just wasting resources on my email server and clients computers. Spamtitan has put a stop to most, if not all of the spam related issues my organization had. It is worth every penny.

It has greatly reduced the amount of spam getting to my users. I hesitate to put a % to it for fear of being low, but I say 90% of the spam that use to get through is captured now. Not only that, but I can easily blacklist or whitelist specific addresses or domains. Something that was a painful process on my previous spamfilter platform. You can also pull metrics and reports to show how much mail has been processed and how much has been caught.

The setup process can take some time, but their support staff are very helpful and will get you through it. It is worth the setup pains for the filtering it provides though.

Antwort von TitanHQ

Thank you kindly for your review.
I'm delighted you found SpamTitan support staff helpful, I'll pass on the message.

When you have time don't forget to look at our web security layer, WebTitan, and our email archiving solution, ArcTitan.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us a good review. It's hugely appreciated
Kind regards,

Beantwortet am 23.8.2018
Jose

Bewertet am 26.12.2017

Great anti-spam filtering solution

Anti-spam filtering service and online archiving system. Great for security and cloud migrations.

There are several advantages of using this software. Apart from being an anti-spam filtering solution, it also serves as a temporary archiving service when you need to take your mail servers down for maintenance. You will never lose an e-mail. Great tool to have if planning an e-mail migration to a cloud provider. No more appliances and almost zero configuration apart from relocating your MX records. Highly recommended.

The customer support is not that great. It always appears that you are dealing with the same person over a chat or report ticketing system. I am not so sure how many engineers are working in support but I always seem to work with the same person. It is really hard to get a remote session with an engineer, most of the time you only receive ticket replies with instructions to be followed and it feels like trial and error. Nevertheless, the software works perfectly so you rarely need to use support. It is for extremely irregular situations that you would contact support.

• Branche: Pharmazeutika

Bewertet am 12.7.2021

SpamTitan is my go to for Spam Blockiing

My overall is experience with ST is great. The value for the money is amazing and it just works! The sales and support teams are great!

I've had the opportunity to trial many different spam blocking services and I always go back to SpamTitan. Their locally hosted virtual appliance or their cloud service are both amazing and block spam effectively. I really like the ability to send quarantine reports on demand and manage your settings in the user portal.

I would like the ability for some more reports.

Corey

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

Well designed product at an affordable price.

Customer support before and after have been exceptional

Spam filtering and reporting work as they should. Customer support is great.

Encryption and Archiving could be easier to deploy and manage.

Proofpoint Email Protection

Warum SpamTitan gewählt wurde

Cloud based and more affordable

Price
Jonathan

Bewertet am 10.9.2018

Great Pservice with a great product!

We have seen reduced amount of phishing emails as well as overall Junk mail. The best part of the product is it takes on a lot of the junk traffic that we would otherwise see hitting our network and email servers and filters it before we receive the emails. Also the ability to still receive email when the email server itself is offline is a big benefit in maintaining business continuity.

The service as well as the products we use with TitanHQ have been rock solid since we started. We are an MSP so reliability and ease of use followed up by excellent responsive customer service are only magnified by the amount of clients that we use with TitanHQ. Currently we server over 500 individual users and no one has had a complaint. This has been a wonderful partnership so far and we will continue to use the. Right now we currently use ArcTitan and Spamtitan with much success.

There is not really anything to like about this company or the services they provide.

Raymond

Bewertet am 17.11.2020

Good anti spam software and easy to use.

It's good, but it could be better. I do like the regular feature upgrades.

Overal the software does a good job in stopping spam messages and there are not too many false positives. It's espicially easy to sign outgoing emails with dkim, also if you have multiple domains on your mailserver.

The software looks a bit outdated, could be more modern. It's possible to authenticate agains an AD server, but I would love it if it would support smtp authentication with local username and password. We have deployed the software on our own hardware. It's logical that it's licensed against a maximum number of users. However, it was crazy expensive if we wanted to add another cluster server, while not serving more users.

William
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 10.11.2020

I love SpamTitan

It's been great. Whenever I've needed to contact support they've been fast and really helpful.

This really solves my spam problem. I've used barracuda in the past but it was too expenisve for a small company like myself. SpamTitan is the perfect solution. Easy to set up and use.

I wish you had an option where I could resell SpamTitan on a "per user" basis. Then I could sell spam filtering to some of my clients.

Jake
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

SpamTitan Review

Excellent experience using SpamTitan to protect my 3000~ users from malicious E-mail phishing techniques and Spam.

Ease of Use and Excellent Customer Support

Pattern filtering desperately requires simplification. Extremely difficult to implement pattern filters. Syntax.

Harold

Bewertet am 4.9.2018

Love Spamtitan

I manage several different types op mailservers, postfix, hmailserver and MS Exchange. All e-mails in and out are sent through SpamTitan, so it works with all kinds of mailservers. It is really stable and it protects a lot of people.

I like the value for money. The VM appliance doesn't consume much resources. Spam tagging is good, managing the interface is straightforward and works. The appliance is very very stable. It never crashed in the last 8 years. Updating is straightforward, questions sent to support are answered fast.

Managing and changing multiple domains could be a bit better. Changing several domains takes a bit of time. Export Import of a central config file would be a good option.
When a new kind of spamming hits the market, Spamtitan does take a couple of days to react to that.

Juan
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 13.11.2020

Spamtitan is a Solid Product

As an msp, integrating new customers into spamtitan is a pretty straightfoward process. There are nice security features like anti spoofing, virus scanning, and the ability to customize spam scores based on specific criteria. The ability to give users access to view and whitelist emails caught by the spam filter is a plus. I’ve worked with countless vendors and i can say without a doubt that the quality, knowledge, and resolution speed of spamtitan support is unmatched.

Spamtitan is a feature rich product and as such there is a learning curve to it as an administrator. It can be difficult to know exactly what some of the features are doing and the documentation is not as in depth as i would like. One security feature that i would love to see is the ability to open an encrypted zip file since the decryption key is usually given in the message and then once opened spamtitan scans the content for viruses. As of right now we either have to block encrypted zip files or let them through so this is not an ideal situation either way.

Almir
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Bewertet am 13.11.2020

It is our first line barreir against spam & virus

The software is stable and very effective. Support agents are expedited and always willing to help to solve issues in a very effective manner. It is our first line of defense and critical to our organization, as we work mostly on top of emails, and we need to keep it fully functional 24x7.

We like the spam filtering and the way users can interact to administer their queue.

Some of the functionalities are difficult to configure and administer. The design of the interface is not intuitive and bit outdated. Perhaps a revamp to make it more intuitive for average administrators (the ones not specialized in security) would help. Documentation should also be reviewed and easily available.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 11.10.2018

THE PROTECTION YOU NEVER KNEW YOU NEEDED

I have always been confident with my email management skills and I was comfortable with how everything was. Traffic and spam messages increased as my incoming emails increased. I installed SpamTitan and noticed that unnecessary emails were nowhere to be found. It worked silently in the background. It helped me a lot especially in managing my emails and determining junk mails. It transferred non-important emails to a folder which I can browse on if I have more time.

The system often crashes when being refreshed, also it seems like “treatment” or putting of emails in “quarantine” needs more updates. I had an important email that was thought to be a spam, good thing I looked.

Jean
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika

Bewertet am 10.12.2021

Easy to use - simple integration

Good.

Easy to use, competitve price but umbrella is closer.

No to easy to identify block emails, because some of them have encapsulated sender.

Cisco Umbrella

Price
Ray
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Bewertet am 11.11.2020

Excellent Spam software, even better customer support!

Overall, I like the company, I like the support engineers, and they've always been VERY quick to help me resolve any issues I've had, even when not caused by the SpamTitan software, but related issues that were unclear to me where the problem was until resolved.

Ease of use for our users/employees, for releasing spam emails.
Excellent support from company.

My only request would be that I wish it was a little easier to whitelist banned attachments from a specific email address. You can do it, but it's a bit more complicated than I wish it was. With that said, it works perfectly fine.

509 Bewertungen