Vimeo Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Vimeo

Vimeo Pro ist eine Videoerstellungslösung, mit der Unternehmen Prozesse im Zusammenhang mit Videobearbeitung, Datenspeicherung, Kollaboration, Veröffentlichung und mehr von einer einheitlichen Plattform aus rationalisieren...

4,2
4,2

Nutzerbewertungen zu Vimeo durchsuchen

1.017 von 1.017 Bewertungen
Bjoern

Bewertet am 7.12.2023

Die Premium-Videoplattform für Filmemacher

Die hohe Videoqualität, insbesondere beim Live Streaming, sowie die Möglichkeiten zur Monetarisierung von Videomaterial.

In puncto Reichweite liegt man mit Vimeo leider hinter YouTube.

Rene
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 12.2.2023

Vimeo

Vimeo brauche ich um Videos in unsere Intranetsoftware zu integrieren. Der Umgang damit ist unkompliziert und der Preis in Ordnung, wenn man nicht sehr viele Videos streamen muss

Jeder Benutzer kann nur eine bestimmte Menge Videos pro Monat streamen, nicht verbrauchte kann aber kein anderer Benutzer des Teams verwenden

Tacho
Tacho

Bewertet am 16.10.2020

Video platform for high quality videos

The interface is clean and logical. There is no unnecessary chatter to confuse the user. I liked that the platform is used mainly by people who know how to make content, so you can find quality content with good quality right here. The feeling itself is about the business environment. I use some of the materials out there that can't be found anywhere else and have crystal quality.

I like that it doesn't spoil the quality when uploading. The concept of the product is clear and specific. The content is usually quality. There are no annoying ads to tear up the videos. The platform provides options for customizing the account. It allows you to present yourself professionally and stand out in the best way, without imposing additional things around you. Users can see videos that are not present anywhere else.

Multiple videos cannot be uploaded at once. Loading the gallery from the phone is a bit slow. For unpaid users, space is limited, which is not the case in other video sharing platforms. There are significantly fewer users, but those who are there definitely know why they are there.

Die besten Alternativen zu Vimeo

François
François
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Bewertet am 9.10.2023

AN essential tool for storage and distribution

I have been using Vimeo for a decade now. Flawless . never got me down . The web site is never down.Minor issues with the privacy settings but overall a very reliable storage solutions fo small businesses.

The annual package is what I need!easy to upload videosEasy to sort and classify contentEasy to searchPassword protected files and contentEasy to embed to my web sites

Sometimes a public video cannot be seen on my web site.The privacy parameters can be a bit confusingThe interface to set up parameters is a bit awkward

Kathryn

Bewertet am 19.3.2023

Vimeo support is abysmal

Sad about what it's become.

I used to like Vimeo's features, protection of videos, and customization. The support also used to be excellent.

The support is just awful -- they don't actually respond to the information or questions entered. And their documentation doesn't match what support parrots back -- even when I supplied links to their documentation.

Mike

Bewertet am 21.2.2024

Powerful video storage at high quality

Our videos look great on our embedded websites, ability to control where you can embed and player functionality like full screen, hide playbar for a webinar etc.

Videos load quick, which is crucial nowadays. And the analytics helps us understand the audience, where do hey drop of, how is this video performing etc.

The interface was a bit different than what we were used too: YouTube. But still, we managed very quickly to understand how to use it.

• Branche: Medienproduktion

Bewertet am 11.1.2022

Vimeo pro is more than a video hosting platform

I've used Vimeo for a few years now and it has greatly increased my business's professionalism on my videos and how clients and potential customers can view and interact with my videos.

Vimeo Pro is not cheap, but it gives you a lot of great features. You have 7TB of space to upload videos, you have great tools to control where your content can be viewed and saved, there are review tools for client videos , online video creation tools and a video capture plugin for your browser so you can make your own screen capture videos. There's also access to live stream studio, which is professional level streaming software.

It is expensive if you're not using all of the tools regularly. The cost comes out to $75/month which is much more expensive than 'free' which is what hosting videos on YouTube would cost.

Yelle
Yelle

Bewertet am 1.10.2023

Here for the Customized Branding

I don't use Vimeo to its full potential. I just needed it for one reason, video hosting with custom branding and controls. I'm sure there's a lot more great about Vimeo, but I just haven't found a need for them.

I chose Vimeo after I realized that YouTube did not allow me to have custom colors and turn off certain controls. I wanted the video to look good on my well-designed website and to fit in seamlessly. Vimeo allowed me to customize like this whereas YouTube did not. I do have a graphic design background so I felt this customization to be pretty easy. So was uploading the video and generating the url or embed code.

I wish there was even more customizations on the branding and controls on Vimeo. Also, I don't know anyone who spends time going down Vimeo rabbit holes like they do on YouTube. I'm sure they're missing out on viewership like this.

Christine
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 25.9.2023

Easy to use product for Video needs

Their customer service is helpful and overall I find it to be a fairly easy product to use.

I like the Live Streaming the best. I feel like I am with a group in this environment

The video editing is always challenging for me. Partly because I am not a professional videographer, so I don't blame Vimeo entirely

Timothy
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 20.9.2023

Great video host without all the clutter.

It's quicker to work with and less of a hassle to host and provides a cleaner link on external sites than Youtube.

Everything just feels less convoluted and cluttered than Youtube. My preferred host for commercial videos.

As with most things some of the best options are locked away from free users. Uploads can take some time.

Carson
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

Bewertet am 3.5.2024

Great Place to Start

great. Easy to showcase my talents and skill. Super simple program. Easy to share links with clients and friends.

It was easy to get up and running in a matter of minutes. Video upload fairly quickly.

I don't like that you have to wait until the video is technically published to change the title from the file name

Nisha
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 6.5.2024

MEETINGS BECAME EASY!

We mostly use vimeo for our monthly meetings on how we can improve our business and open up for discussions. the best part is knowing we are on a secure line and making sure we are able to discuss profiles

Since it is internet based we have to remember that lagging and skipping can occur

Alhassan
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Bewertet am 19.7.2021

Vimeo keeps our private materials truly private, with zero chances of unauthorized leakage

Prior to Vimeo Pro, we had encountered more than a few incidents where pitch videos shared privately with potential donors ended up being either publicly accessible, or inaccessible to the parties we had shared access links and security codes with. We have never had a single case of such mishaps since we switched to Vimeo Pro. And with the smooth integration with our default video creation products, there has been very little disruption to our workflows.

The ad-free media player is truly awesome; with reduced distractions from video ads, we have seen sharp rises in conversion rates and reactions to our call-to-action directives. In terms of features, the time-coded notes has been a God-sent, and has allowed for smoother participation from all team members during project development. Our final outputs are now much more comprehensive that before.

There should be more functionality and options introduced for editing and working on videos before sharing. For smaller projects that not too heavy, it would be amazing if everything could be started and finished with Vimeo without other editing programs.

Victoria
Victoria

Bewertet am 1.5.2023

Vimeo - A Video Platform Worth Checking Out

Overall, Vimeo is a great video platform worth considering for your video needs. Although there are some drawbacks, the overall performance and functionality offered by Vimeo make it stand out among competitors. The quality of video streaming, privacy options, and the community are the standout features that make Vimeo worth trying out.

Vimeo provides high-quality video streaming and a great viewing experience for the audience. The videos look crisp and clear, and the platform offers lots of customization options.The platform's video editor is a great feature, allowing you to perform basic editing tasks right on the platform without the need for extra software.Vimeo's community is fantastic, and you can find lots of content creators and professionals in a wide range of fields. The community is supportive and helpful.The privacy settings and options are excellent, allowing you to restrict who can view your videos and control access in many ways. They also offer password protection, domain-level privacy, and geographical restrictions.

There is limited time for free accounts, and the prices for the paid subscription plans may not be suitable for everyone.Vimeo's analytics may not be as detailed as some other platforms out there.The process of uploading and publishing video content may be a bit slow compared to other similar platforms.

Braden
  • Branche: Maschinerie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 15.3.2021

Better for Controlling Content

Overall, I think this is a great video service for professional organizations. I believe other platforms such as YouTube, DailyMotion, or Vevo all have value adds but where Vimeo Pro steps in is the ability to control your content. Additionally, it allows you to connect those additional accounts to provide more outlets for content if you so choose!

The biggest value add we see in Vimeo Pro is the ability to control the display of your content. Vimeo Pro has a number of customizable sharing features that are much more specific than competitor sites such as YouTube. With Vimeo, any video material that might be sensitive we can control linkage and who sees it, even going as far as to allow for password protecting specific videos. We do share some proprietary media, and being able to house the finished product in the cloud and share with intended parties, thus keeping our hardware less cluttered, is awesome. Additionally, Vimeo Pro HAS NO ADS! That goes a long way to having a more professional presentation to embedded and linked videos.

Although we are pro users, we did not start out as such. The biggest issue is now mute, but that in order to facilitate live events you have to be a pro user and there are paid tiers below that. YouTube offers streaming and the ability to go live as a free service for all members with an account. On Vimeo, I have to be a pro user in order to access more than the demo of the live service. Again since it is a much more controlled platform that is not necessarily a glaring objection given accessibility is the greatest competitive advantage Vimeo has, however in 2021 this seems like something that should be a native open source feature more than reserved strictly for pro members.

Matthew
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.10.2022

Use more for storage and review that sharing

The main reason we chose vimeo over youtube is the clean look for hosting videos, no ads on our video and minimising the risk to our organisation and internal reviewing. I would love to have better support from vimeo in promoting our videos.

For the price Vimeo gives small busniness will a few people working on video content a good platform to upload, store and review footage. We use vimeo review daily to mark up and give feedback on edits - and I really love the clean look of vimeo when sharing and embedding videos. Ad free experience is also a bonsu

It seems very hard to get people to view your videos from within vimeo. The community is lacking and the internal sharing of content on vimeo is poor. I'd love to be able to get more eyes on our content and I think vimeo should be doing some of the lifting here.

Bill Laurel
Bill Laurel
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 23.4.2023

The organized and user-friendly interface of Vimeo was particularly appealing to me. Its simple design and intuitive user interface made navigation a breeze. I also appreciated the platform's extensive collection of videos from various channels, including educational and entertainment content. A standout feature for me was the capability to watch videos on different devices, allowing me to enjoy my favorite content even while on the move. Additionally, the high-quality videos provided a smooth and enjoyable viewing experience, which was another feature I particularly enjoyed.

I did not find anything that I disliked about Vimeo. It is an intuitive and user-friendly platform with plenty of features for users to take advantage of such as the ability to customize privacy settings, organize videos into collections, and create high-quality videos. Additionally, the customer service team is very responsive and helpful.

Tibor
Tibor
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Bewertet am 7.10.2022

Vimeo for professionals

The reason we love Vimeo is because of its flexibility over many of the other popular video sharing online programs such as YouTube who is very restrictive in content. Vimeo is recommended but it's best for professionals.

Vimeo is less restricted in what kind of videos are posted on your account than some of the other popular sites such as YouTube. Vimeo is more specialized for professionals therefore you can share videos among other professionals as well as you can get in tough with other professionals. It has a free version but with limited storage and a paid service with unlimited.

It is kind of expensive to use if you have higher volume content, free service only allows certain total size storage per month

Brent
Brent

Bewertet am 15.2.2019

Amazing for what it does. Few rival it.

We've used Vimeo Pro and Vimeo Plus plans for many years. Super customizable for embeds on sites and great stats.

1) There is no customization on ALL player controls or colors in embeds, just most. If you want an auto-play video with no progress bar or overlays, look elsewhere.

2) They abide by strict DMCA copyright rules. If you have a video flagged as copyrighted 3 times, you are banned. We had 2 violations at the same time from another user due to an old ex-employee re-uploading a file for internal use and making it public. We then (like 7 years later) got flagged for a song or something and were told we had a few days of read only access to download nearly a decade's worth of content before they deleted it. WHAT?!?! No appeal process or anything. No phone number. We sent an email (the only option) which was ignored. We finally found someone on the phone who seemed surprised we had found them and managed to find out how to get one of the originally DMCA complainants to remove their complaint. Now we live on a "1-strike and we lose it all" reality. Whiff. Seems there should be some method of complaints expiring after so many years or something to avoid punishing long time users at the same rate as new users. We could open a new account, but we'd lose thousands of videos we've created. How is that fair? I get copyright protection and all, but youtube's approach is more civil.

Marcio
Marcio
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 30.4.2020

Very flexible and reliable platform

After months I'm still eventually learning new tricks and better/faster ways of sharing and releasing videos, but it gets easier every time. The whole idea of having my personal "me-flix" where people can sub and watch my content on my personally branded website without being another "youtuber" inside Google's YT framework is awesome. If you're reading this, give it a try, just remember that any professional videos shared on plans below PRo (Basic, Plus) are against the terms of service and will eventually lead to account suspension/content removal, but if you plai fair, it's an awesome place to be!

Although the Basic free plan has some limitations regarding the amount of videos you can upload or keep stored, the platform is good to share personal videos. (digital influencers, former youtuber should look for the PRO plans and up). Besides that, the platform is not cluttered with ads and doesn't force you to link to any other services from Google.
If you want to have your own professional video repository and turn videos into a reliable and solid video platform, look no further. The Pro and Business plans have a plethora of features such as embedding, watermarking and even an easy to setup subscription service to your customers that can let you fully customize your interface in a way that people will have a hard time finding out they're accessing Vimeo and not your custom built streaming platform.

Vimeo could have an easier way to migrate/import videos from youtube, twitch / other platforms. But that is due to the learning curve required since it's a different UI from what people are used, but that is not really a bad thing. It just takes you out of your comfort zone for a moment.

Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 1.4.2022

Good option for hosting ad-free high and quality videos

I like that you can go live and even record screens from directly within Vimeo.
They don’t have limits on bandwidth so it gives peace of mind as to the video you upload can have unlimited views.
It gives the video’s a professional presence.
It doesn’t show as ads like youtube.
If you opt for the setting to show suggested videos, the suggested videos will be of your channel only so your audience will not get distracted by someone else’s content when they finish watching yours.
Using the embedding option I can embed the same video in multiple places without the hassle of having to upload the same video in different places.
The videos have a fast response time and you can easily brand the player to your brand colours, you can save all presets which makes consistency easier.

They had about more than 6 hours of downtime a few months ago and no one was able to access any of Vimeo's videos, it was rare but hope such long outage doesn't happen again.
Multiple videos cannot be uploaded at the same time, uploading via mobile is even slower.
The editing options available for videos before sharing are limited and can be expanded more.

Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 12.12.2017

While cheaper options are available - Vimeo is tops in ease and quality!

Vimeo's paid offerings make it easy to upload, share, and manage large video libraries at the highest quality. It's the de-facto standard for digital screener sharing in the independent film and television sector.

The admin and features are very easy to understand - and we've had no trouble training non-technical staff to set up even complicated videos with unusual combinations of security permissions.
They have robust support for privacy control, embedding, subtitling and other accessibility features.

As a major platform, most major encoders come pre-set with optimized profiles, and (in most cases) automatic upload functions available.

The paid offerings can sometimes be a difficult sell for very small companies/individuals as there are few services that Vimeo offers that can't be replicated by completely free alternatives (mostly via YouTube) - but the high quality and ad-free experience is often worth it.

Jayla
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 25.3.2020

This Is Like YouTubes Twin Sister!

Love it! Privacy and storage isn't a big issue for me, but it can for others. When you go on YouTube you can encounter really mean people, here in Vimeo, its so great and positive, very rarely you encounter bullies or fresh people! Supportive community and great place if you don't like being judged because its lower population than YouTube! People think of it as a bad thing but, I personality think its AMAZING! Yeah you may not get a lot of views but you get more supporters than haters! You can make the most simplest video and you will get supporters no matter what! At lest for me! You may have limited storage but at least you get really nice people!

I love this app! I love how you can download videos and save them encase you loose your video or want it back later. Great sores like YouTube, Little safer community than YouTube, Small population but friendly kind people and supporters. Very updated and you can tell it is! Less rude people and more professional people who support you and help you. Bully free and little more flexible with using music.

Unlike YouTube, you have limited space and you have to pay monthly to get a bigger GB in your profile space. Its playing too many of the same 4 ads. More cons is that you need to pay for privacy, people can just download your video unless you play the program not to allow it. So anyone can just download your video and use it.

Curry
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Bewertet am 12.4.2021

The cheapest and most efficient way to manage long-form video and more

In all my years creating video content, I've never experienced an easier way to upload, view, download, or watch all of my content in one place. We uploaded all of our sermons, creative videos, promotions and more weekly without much of a problem. While it's not cheap, it's very affordable in the grand scheme of comparative software for what it does, exudes professionalism and allows for some truly breathtaking options in customizing your content. Those upload quotas can create quite the headache, though.

The seamless integration allows for quick uploads, very strong communication on the process it takes to compress, convert, and post. There are numerous privacy options, from private links to password protected videos that give the user control over their projects unlike a lot of other platforms. There's also streaming features now that open up even more doors.

The upload quotas. Unless you have at minimum this Pro plan, you're going to run into trouble from time to time. We uploaded probably 18 GB's a week and cut it close several times, and sometimes had to wait until the following week to be able to post our content. That may not be the norm, but it keeps smaller churches and companies from utilizing it due to this not being an issue on YouTube.

Pearl
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 25.8.2023

Vimeo may be for you

Overall my experience with Vimeo was positive. I would have loved to stay if it wasn't a financial choice at the time, but I've gone a different route with my business and no longer need this service, however, I think for those who are focusing on exclusive type videos, this may work for you.

One of the things I did like about the platform was I was able to integrate it into my website. It makes it very easy to do so. I found that it was able to be customized as well so that your videos look professional and really make your brand stand out.

The reason I decided to leave Vimeo was due to the fact that I didn't have enough space unless I paid for more space. At the time, I had just started my company and I did not want to have such a high overhead especially because I was also paying for the website and all other things that come with starting a business. I wanted to keep my costs down. But don't let that deter you, I just was not experienced on how to best utilize the system. If you are more established this may be a good platform if you want to make your videos more exclusive.

1.017 Bewertungen