Act-On Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Act-On

Act-On wurde 2008 gegründet und ist ein umfassendes Tool für Marketing Automation, das eine komplette Suite von Anwendungen bietet, darunter E-Mail-Marketing, Website-Besucherverfolgung, Lead-Management, Social-Media-Marketing,...

3,9

• Branche: Bankwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 29.11.2018

Act-On's strengths are it's customizability and robust features.

Great piece of marketing and survey software. Very powerful and can have multiple uses in almost any organization.

Act-On's back end really customizable and you're able to make your emails look exactly how you want. The landing pages you make are able to capture documents (like jpgs or PDFs) so participants can upload files making it really easy to download all the attachments along with their responses at once.

I also appreciated the ability to schedule survey reminders to participants in advance and to cross check that with live results. This means that you could schedule a reminder to go out at 8AM tomorrow, but if someone completed the survey at 7:59AM, they wouldn't receive the reminder. Great feature.

It's very admin and training heavy. The software is not intuitive and you need to setup the pieces of the survey/email first (I.e landing pages, contact list, etc) before you start working on the actual survey or email.

Hi Russell,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. It's great to hear about what you appreciate about Act-On and what we could improve upon. I encourage you to check out and leverage the Act-On User Community as a great resource for tips, tricks and troubleshooting. You can access it here: https://community.act-on.com/home
Thanks again!

Beantwortet am 12.12.2018
Dave
Dave
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 7.8.2018

ACT-ON customer service is fading fast

I was looking for an email tool that integrates with MS CRM and this product fits the bill. It allows you to drip campaigns, which is nice (albeit not intuitively). Just make sure you give yourself ample time for their assistance.

In the landscape of marketing automation systems, ACT-ON is not the most powerful solution, but it is not the most expensive. It works quite well for our needs.

I generally don't need a lot of support, but if I can't find a solution on their knowledge base, I have no choice but to call them directly. Ever since ACT-ON closed one of there offices a few months ago, it has been taking me an hour to get through on their support line. I had someone email in June and said they would get back to me very soon. After 6 weeks, I emailed them back and then received a response.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry that you experienced delays in your support during the transition. I am happy to report that our support team is now fully staffed and ready to help!

Another great resource I'd encourage you to check out is the Act-On User Community at https://community.act-on.com/home. It's a great place to exchange best practices, get tips and tricks and learn from other users and Act-On experts.

Thanks again,

Beantwortet am 8.8.2018
Luke
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Bewertet am 29.4.2019

Over-promising and under-delivering are key traits of Act-On

Overall I would give Act-On a low pass. The issues with customer service, slightly overpriced and the lack of proper development plagued my experience. If I could go back, I would have used HubSpot or Marketo. At the moment, we have cancelled our Act-On account after 3-4 years and are using a stack of SaaS solutions tied into our practice management system. This is far more cost efficient, easy to use and with better customer service. My advice would be for businesses considering using Act-On due to the price of the above-mentioned competitors to use a stack approach instead of using this system. Using Vision6/Campaign Monitor/MailChimp in tandem with a better landing page provider (Unbounce, Instapage) linked to a CRM would be far better. Stay away, particulalry due to the service - this is even more important for Australian based consumers.

The system was pretty easy to use. The set-up process for lead nurturing, forms, creating newsletters and other tools were pretty useful.

Customer service, account limits, aesthetics were below average. The customer service was woeful, the original salesperson who on-boarded me and two referral partners promised the world features wise. Lots of nice looking mocks and promises were made yet nothing provided. On the customer service side of things, on two occasions when the unique contacts and email limit was exceeded the entire system shuts-down. All nurturing campaigns cease and there is no ability to send any emails at all. It took two weeks for someone to be able to apply a temporary increase to allow our marketing efforts to continue.

Die besten Alternativen zu Act-On

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement

Layne
Layne
  • Branche: Verlagswesen

Bewertet am 19.7.2018

This is really a marketing tool that has build some features for salespeople

I like that it will track my emails and log them to our CRM (Microsoft Dynamics). I like that I can get a daily email letting me know of known and anonymous visitors to our website.

It's clunky to try and track down a specific email to see if the recipient has interacted with it. This is really a tool that is more valuable to marketing, but has built some features that are being sold as a sales tool. It's a nice to have, but not a need for sales.

Hi Layne,
Thanks for posting your review of Act-On. We value your feedback and really appreciate your candor.
If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to check out the Act-On User Community at https://community.act-on.com/home
It's a great place to share feedback and product suggestions with the Product team and exchange best practices with fellow users.
Thanks!

Beantwortet am 23.7.2018
Dan
Dan
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 1.7.2019

Quick to Learn, Easy to Use

Overall, it's just been a good experience. I had to learn this software at the same time as a handful of others related to my new responsibilities, and this was definitely the easiest to pick up on.

It didn't take long for me to learn how to use it, even without hands-on guidance. I primarily focus on a monthly campaign being sent to a massive group of clients, and I was able to refer to past ones created by my predecessor as a standard template. Designing is a very simple processes.

I didn't like the reporting at first, but, now that I better understand the information I being provided, it's better.

Hi Dan,
Thanks for being an Act-On enthusiast and posting a review! We love your feedback.
Cheers,

Beantwortet am 3.7.2019
Paige
Paige
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 15.5.2018

A good beginner tool for email automation, but overall is falling behind other, inexpensive...

The software interface is mostly drag and drop, which is helpful for non developers and non designers alike to create modern, effective emails. With automation and A?B testing, it is great for marketing research and drop or nurture campaigns. Each account is attached to a customer service representative, and they are very helpful and attentive.

The functionality compared to the price is a concern. While it can handle thousands of users, free automation softwares are offering more email design functionality than this software. The user interface isn't the most friendliest, with emails, landing pages, templates and content all divided up into multiple folders. The software boasts that it is custom HTML friendly, but it is very difficult to execute properly. The software also has issues formatting for Outlook.

Hi Paige,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your candor and value your feedback.

Beantwortet am 23.5.2018
Doug
Doug
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Bewertet am 28.7.2018

Act-On is a great platform and partner in educating users on marketing automation best...

The most beneficial aspect of Act-On for my team and me is the ease in which you can create attractive templates for emails, landing pages and forms.

I do not have any major dislikes as far as the software platform is concerned. There have at times been minor issues, but support always does a great job quickly rectifying the situation.

Hi Doug,
Thanks so much for posting an Act-On review on Capterra. We love hearing from customers and appreciate you sharing your feedback.
Happy Marketing!

Beantwortet am 31.7.2018
Samuel
Samuel
  • Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 16.11.2017

Act-On Has Become A Beneficial Process For Our Sales & Marketing Teams

We can consistently track visitors and create drip campaigns all from the same platform in a matter of minutes.

Act-On's ability to track customers that visit the website and what pages they subsequently visit afterwards.

It would be nice if Act-On would develop a system to track a visitor using an incognito window or private browser.

Rachel
Rachel

Bewertet am 20.11.2017

Act-On Is A Great Marketing Automation Tool

Act-On is one of the more affordable marketing automation platforms and has great features.

Act-On gives our marketing teams the ability to send out email drip campaigns and monitor website visitors.

Act-On is a very in-depth software and takes quite a bit of time to understand and become familiar with.

Angie J
Angie J
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 10.9.2018

Love the Tool

The product just keeps getting better and better.

The Customer Service Team goes above and beyond.

There is an expression, "you don't know what you don't know." Act-On has been a great service for my clients for different reasons, but there is nothing that Act-On hasn't been able to solve for my clients. So nothing comes to mind.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Thanks for the great review, Angie! We love hearing that you're an Act-On enthusiast!

Amy
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Bewertet am 5.8.2017

Invaluable Marketing Asset

Act-On is a robust, yet easy-to-use solution that combines multiple marketing applications into one. It has been a workhorse for us. While it can serve more than a dozen vital functions, including social media management and ABM, I most appreciate its integration with our CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and how it can be used to automate nurture programs, score leads based on behavior/engagement, and monitor web site visitor activity. I’m also very impressed by members of the tech support team who are very patient and have bailed us out of an after hours pinch more than once.

Keeping up with the constant evolution of Act-On is a full-time job. I often feel like we’re 5 steps behind in understanding newly released features and everything it can do. Of course, that’s a good problem. My only true critique is that the organization seems to have gone through some growing pains and lost its personal touch along the way. When I first selected and implemented Act-On at my previous company 4 years ago, I felt like our sales rep and implementation team were truly invested in our success. I was so impressed by the product and Act-On’s customer success team that I implemented it again at my next company and recommended it to several peers. However, faces began to change quickly, and we had 3 different reps in the same year. Our new contacts were less interested in our success and more interested in what we could do for them. One became obsessed with recruiting our company as a reseller. Things have settled down, but I don’t feel like they value our business as much as they once did.

Robin
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 7.9.2018

Act-On helps me stay organized and save time.

When Act-On is working smoothly, I am able to keep in contact with my prospects, to know what they are looking at and what interests them as well as to determine how I need to send communications to them. The insight that Act-On provides into the life of the leads is very helpful by allowing me to stay organized and save time.

With Act-On's Activity History, I am able to view a Timeline that helps to keep me organized so I know what I may still need to send and so that I have a good idea about whether or not my prospects are getting communications that they should. Sometimes, with email blasts emails may not get through an organization's spam filter, but using the Activity History and Timeline in Act-On and testing by sending things through Act-On Anywhere in Outlook help to determine who need to receive emails alternate ways.

Often times, maintenance and issues are not brought to our attention prior to us having issues with the software not working or causing issues with our campaigns. Having warnings in advance of when maintenance is being done or of possible known issues so that we can watch for them and be prepared would help a great deal.

Hi Robin,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate it. If you haven't already, I would encourage you to join the Act-On user Community. It's a great place to connect with fellow marketers, submit product enhancement and feature suggestions, as well as share best practices. https://community.act-on.com/ideation-home
Happy marketing!

Beantwortet am 12.9.2018
Diana

Bewertet am 21.6.2019

Best Marketing Automation Tool ever!

Coming from no experience at all, to being able to automate programs and have all the detailed information and reporting on them is a huge step for me. I've been using other Marketing Automation platforms also, but they are just to complicated.
Act-On is very user-friendly and easy to use, learn and understand, and also has very detailed step-by-step guides to every feature they offer, besides the courses you can go over at their University.
Customer support is always there to help and very effective.

That you can do everything in one place, you don't need to code anything, (it is useful if you want to improve features or personalize a little bit more, but really not necessary) all modules are easy to use.
You have Social Media, Automation, Reporting, Scoring, detailed contact information, connectors, etc.

I think that lists could be updated a bit, like being able to sort by any of the columns.
I don't like that they don't have a connector for Instagram and only to webinar options.

Hi Diana,
Thanks so much for your positive review! We love your feedback and are so glad you're an Act-On enthusiast.

Beantwortet am 26.6.2019
Emma

Bewertet am 12.2.2019

Daily Act-On User

It is an excellent tool to use whilst prospecting and almost provided you with 'warm' leads, especially when they return to your website and look at product details etc.

The only feature I use is to see who has been on our website. You are able to see who has been on your website and what links they have clicked on. Works really well when sending out speculative mails. You are able to see who actually looks at your mails and who has a genuine interest when they click further into links.

On occasions you can see someone has been on the website, but can't track down who (as no IP address present) I understand this may be security measures their end and there is no way of ever knowing. I have real issues linking ActOn with my Outlook mail.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Thanks for the feedback, Emma!

Beantwortet am 26.3.2019
Amber

Bewertet am 3.5.2018

clunky, mediocre, customer support is hit or miss and hard to get a hold of

I like that I can build drip campaigns or send one-time emails. I also like using the send over time feature. I like the variety of options in how to customize email content.

The tool is clunky-not very user friendly. It takes too many clicks to get to the screen you want, whether it's changing a step in an automated program or checking email opens on a report. The reporting is very limited and makes my reporting process very manual because it doesn't provide what I need. Whenever I call customer service, there is at least a half an hour wait to get through. If I leave a voicemail, they do not call back. They email instead and provide very limited answers in the responses, so it takes multiple emails back and forth to get the information I need. The whole email process takes several days until my issue is resolved.

Hi Amber,
Thanks for your honest feedback. We appreciate it and take it to heart. I'm sorry you've had some frustrating experiences. I will be sure to let your Account Manager know so that we can address your concerns.
Thanks,

Beantwortet am 7.5.2018
Grace
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 20.3.2018

Budget-friendly marketing automation that does what we need

We've worked with Act-on for more than three years and have appreciated what it accomplishes for us. Customer service has always been responsive, as well. If you can't necessarily affort one of the major players in the market, Act-on is a great alternative.

The automated programs make staying in touch with customers and prospects very easy. You can set up quite complicated programs that incorporate not only emails to the target audience but that also notify internal staff and other functions.

It's not as complete as some other systems. For instance, the website info you can get is not super detailed or useful. As well, connecting with a CRM that isn't already integrated is not a simple task.

• Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 25.2.2020

Great but with a learning curve

It’s been a great tool but because we couldn’t utilize all the features internally, we had to hire a consultant.

This is a very robust email marketing program with marketing automation capabilities. We switched to Act On to be able to take advantage of setting up automated campaigns based on user behavior both in our emails and on our website.

Because the automation capabilities are so robust, this software has a very steep learning curve. It would not have been feasible for us to use this for marketing automation in-house without a full time person just using Act-on. We had to hire a consultant to be able to use this software.

• Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 11.9.2018

Act-On Is An Excellent Tool

Act-On is the engine that my marketing success runs on.

It's functionality and diverse tools makes it the top-of-class when it comes to marketing automation platforms.

In recent months, the customer service has not been as strong as in the past. It seems like it takes more than 48 hours to get questions/concerns of mine answered.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Love hearing that "Act-On is the engine that your marketing success runs on"...that's awesome!

The Support Team is working around the clock to help customers. Thanks so much for your patience.

Please check out the Act-On User Community for additional resources here: https://community.act-on.com/home

Sara
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Bewertet am 27.2.2019

Overall great experience with the platform. The ease makes the biggest difference.

Very simple user interface. With a team spread out across the country, there was no problem in teaching everyone how to use this platform. Really like that I can schedule out my email for time zones, that is a great feature.

Sometimes painfully slow to run. Also, help desk would take a long time to respond to a request that would be marked as urgent. While I understand a small company is not biggest fish to fry, it would be nice to have responses within an hour if marked urgent during normal business hours.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Thanks for your feedback, Sara. We've made recent updates that have greatly improved the speed and performance of the platform. The Act-On User Community is another great resource for your questions, tips, tricks, and best practices. You can access it here: https://community.act-on.com/home

Beantwortet am 26.3.2019
Constant
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 14.1.2019

surprised (not a good way)

Let met take an example. You want to create a decent marketing automation campaign. For this, you need to create landing pages but first, landing pages templates. oh, I want forms in it so lets create some forms templates to create a form for this landing page template. You do your landing page etc.. and you need to change something in the form. You must go to forms, edit the form to modify it in the templates..... Why not on the go actions ? this would make so much less clicks and back and forth actions... The preview mode for the landing pages is not very a preview mode because you can't really preview all things (like hoovering colors changing on a button, actions on buttons etc) so what is the point ? Maybe I don't really understand your way of thinking but the tool seems to be made by programmers who are not really into User Experience and User Friendly stuffs.
This is maybe a bit too critical but this is my honest review of a intense user.

We like the fact that is it powerfull and we have so much possibility with it

BUT the way to get things done is not very straight foreward. for example, you don't have any customer support - just deal with the manual and the community (this business model is used by sub brand of big brands), the fact that it is not very user friendly (no possibility to edit pictures directly in the landing pages / emails..).

• Branche: Großhandel

Bewertet am 14.9.2018

Satisfied with product

I think Act-On is a great tool for marketing. I've been using it for the past year and a half and finally feel confident with it. It does take time to understand everything, but customer service and the free webinars have been a huge help.

Once you figure it out, it's a very simple tool to use and can be easily accessed.

The form set-up. I think the set-up is complicated & could use some tweaking. I don't like that you have to create a new form (when pulling the data) if you add anything new into the original form.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Thanks for posting your review. I hope you'll check out the Act-On User Community...it's a great resource for best practices, tips, tricks and sharing your product suggestions.

Terri

Bewertet am 21.5.2019

ActOn rocks

as our Marketing automation platform we use ActOn daily for lead gen email campaign send, as well as client communications.

Ease of use from start to finish- fairly intuitive software so it is easy to train new folks on, too!

the layout has some glitches every once & a while- looks one way in review pane & then totally different in the test send.

Hi Terri,
We think YOU rock! Thanks so much for posting a review for Act-On. We value and appreciate your feedback.

Beantwortet am 22.5.2019
  • Branche: Immobilien

Bewertet am 21.5.2019

Act-On Review

The ease of reporting and how well it integrates with Salesforce

the customer service can take a while to resolve an issue

Hi Michael,
Thanks so much for posting a review for Act-On. We really appreciate your feedback. We've recently added chat support as an additional channel for help. Initial feedback has been very positive. Check it out... https://university.act-on.com/Your_Account/Act-On_Support/Contacting_Act-On_Support

Beantwortet am 22.5.2019
  • Branche: Übersetzung und Lokalisierung

Bewertet am 10.9.2018

Act-On review

Act-On is a very good Marketing tool which has been very helpful in my emailing campaigns, creation of forms, polls, landing pages, lead generation, media library hosting, and integration with our CRM.

Sometimes the Customer support can be a bit slow. We have also found the tool stalls at times, though rarely.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Thank you for your feedback. We love hearing from customers.

Krystal
Krystal
  • Branche: Großhandel

Bewertet am 11.9.2018

Great value package

A full feature digital marketing platform that's well integrated with other CRM platforms, but at a modest price.

Lacks ability to post to Instagram, and doesn't have the full functionality with Facebook.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Hi Krystal. Thank you for posting your review and sharing your feedback. Love hearing that you get a lot of value from Act-On.

256 Bewertungen