LogicMonitor Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über LogicMonitor

LogicMonitor ist eine cloudbasierte Lösung zur Überwachung der Netzwerkleistung, die Unternehmen dabei unterstützt, On-Premise-, cloudbasierte und hybride Rechenzentren sowie physische Geräte von einer einzigen Plattform aus...

4,3
4,3

Nutzerbewertungen zu LogicMonitor durchsuchen

109 von 109 Bewertungen
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 3.2.2016

LogicMonitor is a great choice!

When we approached our monitoring project, we evaluated a number of different solutions. We'd been using Solarwinds for several years and we simply felt that it wasn't the right product for us. That isn't to say that Solarwinds isn't a good product! We used it significantly over the years but we needed something that fit us as an overwhelmed and understaffed IT Team better. We are a small company of about 250 employees and 5 offices across the US and many remote employees around the world. When we came upon LogicMonitor, it was clear that this was a different product and company. They were incredibly helpful during our evaluation and even allowed us to extend our trial period for longer than I am comfortable specifying (more embarrassing to me that our eval took so long). There are many factors that led us to choose LogicMonitor, but some of the biggest are: - Ease of Use: "Out of the box", they recognize and monitor so much of what we use, including the smaller vendors. If they don't recognize something, it is a fairly simple process to request that they add it to their software. Needless to say, this saves us a ton of time! In addition to recognizing the devices, they automatically add a set of monitors that they feel are the most important, but also give you the ability to easily disable what you aren't interested in or add additional monitors if they don't support something you wish to monitor. - SaaS: We knew we wanted something that could provide both internal and external monitoring, AND be available for our technicians, wherever they were. The lone drawback to their model is the number of internal servers required to monitor everything we wish to. For our main office, we needed to deploy a second server to complement the first because we were monitoring so much stuff. A very small price to pay for the ease of use and administration for the platform. - Price: Unlike many other vendors, LogicMonitor doesn't charge you per monitor, they only charge for the device. For example, in other products, a 48-port switch could use up 100+ monitoring licenses to monitor all ports and all of the critical switch functions. Logicmonitor only charges you 1 license to monitor the switch and you can have (I believe) an unlimited number of monitored items within that switch. For a smaller company like ours, cost is definitely a large factor and LogicMonitor was definitely a leader in this category. There are a lot of other factors that I could go into, but I'd rather not write a novel. Suffice to say that if you are in the market for a new monitoring solution, I HIGHLY recommend that you look into LogicMonitor. I'm confident that you will come away impressed and they will immediately become one of your top choices to implement!

Many of them mentioned above.

Not many, but the response time for requesting new device/vendor recognition could improve.

vinay kumar reddy
  • Branche: Versicherung

One of the best Monitoring Tool

All are good the overall features are good

Overall features are good especially the grouping and alert ruling features are good

Sometimes it get slow in the portal. It should have an application rathet than web app

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Datadog

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LogicMonitor

I havent tested the other tools so cant judge
Madalyn

Bewertet am 11.5.2023

LogicMonitor Review

LogicMonitor is easy to use, but it can be slightly overwhelming when first implemented due to the large amount of data it pulls. After several months of use I think the most beneficial information has been the resource metric utilization. It helped us discover that some of our core systems were under provisioned, being able to pull the metric information to show more resources were needed helped resolve critical performance issues.

I think the ability for LogicMonitor to auto correct some of the simple issues that can affect systems is missing. For example, LogicMonitor can report if a Windows service is stopped but it would be a nice feature if LogicMonitor could attempt to automatically restart it. Another nice feature would be if LogicMonitor could monitor software versions and alert if the version changes. An example would be a Windows server that require a certain version of Java.

Die besten Alternativen zu LogicMonitor

Kevin
  • Branche: Öl & Energie

It’s pretty good

Pretty good.

Easy to use and drill into issues, easy to add resources.

Making dashboards is challenging, configuring alerting rules is cumbersome.

Sean
Sean
  • Branche: Automotive

Bewertet am 15.2.2016

When Cloud Monitoring Makes Sense

At this time I am on v.71 with Collectors at version 20. I began using LogicMonitor around 2 years ago. It was one of the best "outsourcing" decisions we have made. Now have nearly 550 nodes in our environment and a countless number of stock and custom datasources we are alerting on utilizing a range of collection types including SNMP, WMI, Groovy, and Powershell.

We previously used OpManager and had considered SolarWinds (I used it in a previous enterprise and was very happy with it). In the end, there were a couple factors that lead us to LM and kept us there. First, we are a very lean shop, and the manpower cost of standing up a new monitoring platform along with maintaining yet another machine, while minimal, was going to take time and that was a consideration. Second, we had a lot of stuff we wanted to monitor on each server and a bunch of product owners we wanted to have the ability to monitor thier products, the way they measured that didn't work against us. Finally, we wanted a way to monitor both internally and externally since we ourselves are a SAAS provider. LM satisfied all three.

When we first came on board, they were reasonably new, and the turnaround time on custom datasources was minimal. I guess they are a victim of their own success, my one and only criticism is that now the turnaround on datasources is measured in months not hours. Otherwise, they are hitting on all cylinders. Their java collector is lightweight and can handle a good deal of throughput, I myself have between 100-150 nodes on my larger collectors with 1-minute collection on most datapoints. They have been in a positive development cycle over the past 18 months as they rolled out a new UI for not only for their App but their support site as well. I like how they did some hand holding for us "old timers" who had grown used to the utilitarian and direct legacy UI. They let us run that if we chose to, but introduced new dashboard and service elements in the new UI only, giving us more carrot than stick to make the leap. They are continuously improving their interface, especially their dashboards, giving us the ability to embed third party graphs (in our case some New Relic APM elements) into their layout. I am hoping they will allow us to soon provide a way to embed our LM dashboards into other iframes or share out directly. As a whole, the product is barely recognizable as it was when we came on board, yet every bit as functional with certain elements such as bulk alert tuning and multi-instance management providing even more.

They have released a native iPhone application, it is good for alerting, however they have a good way to go to make it more usable overall. If they do to it what they have done to the web portal, it will be amazing. As it stands, our entire department has the application loaded and peek at it throughout our off hours, acknowledging alerts that we may not have seen yet because of the way our escalation rules have been written. It gives us some advance notice to spot a trend from other departments before it lands on our laps. The escalation rules and who they go to are fully tweakable as well as how users get alerted (email, sms, phone call). We have even begun alerting automation scripts to fire off on certain alert types. They have listened to their customers and continue to act on our needs. When renewals come up, there is no debate that we will keep them. They have become an embedded resource and so long as they keep performing at this level they will remain there.

Their drive to improve the product! It's hands down the nicest evolution of a product over a short span I have seen. Their product is continually getting enhanced, new datasources are being added to the library, new features into their mobile app and new content in their training sessions. I spoke to many of their pro's in the review, but their continuous improvement cycle is truly impressive.

I also want to give a special shout-out to the help-desk for helping me out of many datasource woes.

It may not be a major part of their value proposition to new customers, but datasource creation was part of the pitch for us old timers. In the beginning I loved how quickly their folks could crank out an oddball datasource for me. Now don't get me wrong, their help-desk definitely hits the mark for fixing some of my minor mistakes in datasource creation, but when I need something deep I got to wait months. In case LM is looking at this, I'm specifically awaiting a google analytic integration which I saw advertised on your site but didn't exist (to your credit, thanks for taking it down after we found that out.)

Ian
Ian
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Bewertet am 4.12.2018

Fantastic Monitoring Tool

We've been a customer for over a year and have had nothing but a positive experience. We run lean and needed something that wouldn't require a lot of our time and energy to keep running. It also made sense to get something that was cloud based so that if we have our own infrastructure problems it won't necessarily knock out the monitoring that's alerting us on those issues. Chat support is good and available 24/7 and we have a dedicated customer success team contact who can assist with any escalations, questions, or concerns we have.

It's relatively easy to use while at the same time offering tons of features that you can use to optimize and proactively solve problems. There's a low barrier to entry to start gaining actionable insights into your environment and minimal tweaking is needed. The alerting customization is excellent and it's easy to make sure the correct person or team has access to the alerts they need with easy escalation to a text or phone call if a critical alert isn't acknowledged.

It monitors all sorts of metrics for different services, but sometimes it's difficult to determine what a metric is actually telling us.
The mobile app is just ok. It is good for quickly acknowledging alerts, but not much else. We have different teams that only need access to certain devices, but the app shows everything. Push notifications would be nice too!

Trevor
Trevor

Bewertet am 22.2.2016

Great Product!

I work for a company that’s split into 10 branch locations. We have only around three IT employees for our company. We decided to look for a networking monitoring program since we are growing quickly and we need a program to provide the health status of our network in a moments notice to find problems, also to help prevent them. We spent a lot of time researching into numerous products, and we decided to go with LogicMonitor. Where there was once darkness, there is now light!

We currently also set up three 48 inch TV’s with chrome OS micro pc’s behind the TV’s for our datacenter. It nicely rotates through all of our monitored devices. Overall it has provided invaluable information to us, is priced competitively, very easily setup, and it does its job well. What more can you ask for in regards to a Network Monitoring solution?

• Pricing Structure. You pay per device, not per switch port, etc. like other expensive products out there
• It works for a small company, but can easily scale to meet the needs for even a ginormous company.
• Support has been fantastic in helping us get things going, we were up and going within a day (vital for our already busy IT staff)
• We can now receive phone calls, text messages, and e-mails for ANYTHING we want monitored that goes over its defined threshold. If a server or even a SERVICE we monitor goes down at 4am, LogicMonitor let's us know!

I honestly cannot think of any. Maybe more mobile app features? They have a app, but it's pretty new. But there's not much need for it immediately. It's mostly for NOC purposes, you're not going to monitor all this stuff from a phone typically anyways. But they do have a app.

• Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 9.12.2018

Single pane of glass

Easily discovers 95% of what my systems and devices are doing out of the box without any need to specifically enable services to watch and monitor for.

From here I can then write custom monitors. If it can be turned into a number it can be graphed and if it can be graphed you can alert on it.

Too much javascript making it a heavy application for mobile devices to operate.

Wayne
Wayne

Bewertet am 28.11.2018

Simple but extensible

We have a bunch of Logic Monitor dashboard cycling on the screens in our NOC. So we can always get a view of what's going on and what do we need to jump on and deal with ASAP. We also use a Chrome plugin to make an audible alarm if a fire starts in LM, which means we can be more responsive.

It is really simple to get started with. Load up a probe and watch it start collecting. You can tweak settings and silence specific alarms, and the dashboards can be really powerful.

While it handles syslogs, the process for generating meaningful alerts from them can be trial and error.

Brett
Brett

Bewertet am 27.6.2022

Flexible and very complete monitoring platform

It has strong fault detection capabilities and alerts are issued quickly. It offers very good customization options and its flexibility allows it to adapt to our IT infrastructure, without complications. Reports with performance metrics are very intuitive. It has versatile options to monitor devices remotely.

The only thing I think they can add is how to handle the set of alerts, which can be cumbersome at times.

Shriram

LogicMonitor - The future of monitoring

Can be accessed from anywhere, Reporting is good but can be improvised

Reporting customization is low, needs more flexibility

Tim
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 18.5.2023

Great combination of function and flexibility

Our goals were to deploy a product that would provide a single status view of our infrastructure, help us identify which teams to engage when issues occur, and utilize Saas options from our chosen vendor. It took some time and work, but Logicmonitor was the product we needed to meet our monitoring goals.Logicmonitor helps us identify problems quickly, and see when recovery is complete. Monitoring data history has been extremely useful to conduct post mortems, and predict where resources might be better deployed.Dashboards have allowed us to share pertinent information with non technical parts of the business, so they can see when problems exist without needing to call.Overall, a great product that helps our business function.

Provided datasources cover most equipmentCustomizationProduct SupportMature product

Reporting not as customizable as desired

Craig

Bewertet am 9.12.2016

Monitoring Made easy

I work for an MSP Logic Monitor has greatly simplified our monitoring issues, with the ability to place a collector anywhere and that doesn't require a VPN tunnel back to our office it has reduced our firewall maintenance cost greatly. The built it SNMP mib library has saved us countless hours trying import MIBs and trying to decide what to alert on. There are a few features that I would like to see implemented in a logic monitor, the ability to tie devices together so that if an ISP goes down we get one alert not 20 separate alerts for each device at that location. I would also like to see the creation of data sources be simplified, recently I attempted to create a data point that reported on a string and found it extremely difficult to have it report on more than one variable.

How easy it is to set up, the ability to deploy a collector in minutes and have an entire site monitored in a few hours.

customization is very difficult and reporting could be better.

Azhar

Bewertet am 12.5.2023

Logic Monitor! a smart solution for Infrastructure monitoring.

Just excellent product for overall Infrastructure monitoring

Alerting mechanism, dashboards, detailed graphs, log analysis etc...The above are I use in my daily tasks and I just love it.

Didn't felt or came across any such things till now

Nate

Bewertet am 18.5.2023

All the features and potential options to do other things. Very robust monitoring options and dashboards.

Little difficult to find resources especially those from VCenter. It almost seems to import too many things and it'd be nice if it aggregated them into a single VM with oall the resources listed under it.

Matthew
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 27.11.2018

LogicMonitor helps me sleep at night

It's been a great experience, and as we switched from a homegrown Nagios implementation, a giant breath of fresh air.

I have historical data on my servers and their performance, and I my alerts are all tuned so that I will only get woken up if something is going horribly wrong. Otherwise, I sleep and have work-life balance!

I would love if interactive website checks would execute JavaScript.

Bewertet am 19.5.2023

Good infrastructure tool for monitoring

How easy it was to setup and use to monitor devices

I needs more network modules for monitoring network devices

Leo
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 12.12.2018

Pretty much the best Monitoring solution

Hassle free solution

SaaS and it just works. New versions are couming on a monthly basis. You can monitor pretty much anything what has an IP address.

No dark theme, no free tier and it's probably not the cheapest solution. Though developement and mainenance require some resource so the price is understandable.

Alex

Bewertet am 8.12.2016

Great product

We've only had this product for about a year now and it is quickly becoming our go to as a large MSP. The customer support tier 1 leaves a lot to be desired when you are already an IT professional but for beginners, I suppose it is not that bad. This is a bit more expensive than other products but worth it overall.

The best thing about the product is they are always continuing to expand and update their technologies.

Lightweight, fast, great integration platform

Expensive, tier 1 support not that great

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Bewertet am 21.6.2018

Deeper insight into node performance, faster response to issues

- Easy to use, easy to setup.
- Dashboards are easily configured and look professional
- LogicModule Exchange allows for community sharing of DataSources
- Support team is incredibly responsive.

- Pricing maybe abit on high end
- It has a steep learning curve, especially for some who have no prior experience with SNMP (however, Knowledge Base is readily available)

• Branche: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Bewertet am 30.11.2018

Monitor anything

There are many built-in monitoring options, plus Groovy and PowerShell scripting.

Resource utilization on the collector can be high, especially when devices are slow to respond to monitoring queries.

Matthew

Bewertet am 8.12.2016

LogicMonitor makes my life easy

LogicMonitor is everything we could ever need. It is insane the amount of applications that we ditched when switching over to LogicMonitor simply because of the mass amounts of information it can pull and alert on.

easy threshold management

the new GUI

Dave
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Logic Monitor Review

I love how I can easily see the health of a system or application and get alerted when thresholds are met

Sometimes it can be hard finding what you're looking for when you have a lot of systems and applications

Ben

Bewertet am 31.3.2018

Really helps monitor

excellent detection of new devices on the network, and easy problem resolution. It's definitely reduced the number of bandwidth issues we have.q

I wish it had some extra features and notifications to really make it more off site friendly, but that's a bit much to ask for the price.

Alan

Bewertet am 3.2.2016

Great for DR

We started out with simple monitoring using OpenNMS, but that was on-site monitoring. When we decided on a DR datacenter, we needed an external monitoring system that would help us if one of our sites went down. This has actually happened several times and without LogicMonitor, it would have taken hours to bring the site back online. LogicMonitor has also helped in providing insight into our systems, monitoring things like battery voltage and temperature. It's very versatile and I recommend it for any company!

Able to access from anywhere.
Monitors things you might not have thought about monitoring (like NTP synchronizations).

Some businesses may not need as many things monitored; will require some dedicated time to tune it for your site.

109 Bewertungen