Descript Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Descript

Descript ist ein leistungsstarker All-in-one-Multimedia-Editor, der die Bearbeitung so einfach wie ein Word-Dokument macht. Mit Descript kannst du deine Audio- und Videodateien aufnehmen, bearbeiten, mischen, zusammenfügen und...

4,6

Yann
Yann
  • Branche: Onlinemedien

Bewertet am 14.5.2021

A must-have for every video content creator

I have been using Descript for a while now, and have noticed a new series of features being added to the platform.

However, even though those additions have been more than welcome, what I consider the platform's top feature is something that has been at its core for quite some time: Descript's transcription tool.

In particular, I was really impressed by the accuracy of the transcription tool's AI. If I had to estimate, I would say that the accuracy of the transcriptions Descript has done for my video content has been around 90%, which is really good.

While the transcription tool has been very good and accurate, I feel that its user interface could be improved.

In fact, it has happened to me a few times to accidentally delete parts of a video (since Descript can be used for video editing too), while I was trying to edit some of the captions/subtitles that were created by the tool's automated transcription feature.

Luckily, I have also noticed this in time but this could have very well have led to a video having missing parts because of this "accident".

Emily

Bewertet am 19.5.2021

Made scaling my podcast agency so easy!

We've been able to scale from one podcast client to 20+ in less than a year, and have onboarded 2 editors. It's making it possible for my business to scale rapidly, and revenue to skyrocket!

I love that I'm able to collaborate with my editing team so that we can implement quick changes from clients no matter who is available. It was super easy to bring in new team members and train them on the workflow as well. I also love how the transcripts make it so much faster than other apps to edit - the combo of seeing words + waveforms (and the search/delete option) cut editing time in half.

Clicking and dragging still needs some work, not sure yet about the new toolbar. I also really would like to be able to use VSTs to denoise easier, right now the workflow starts in Audition or Pro Tools for any processing (our clients honestly don't understand that they need to record in quiet spaces) and then we bring it into Descript to do the edit.

Warum Descript gewählt wurde

Easier to edit with the transcript

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Descript

Just ease of editing & ease of collaboration. Adobe is a significantly higher cost to collab with, and definitely doesn't have the same level of collaboration capability.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 19.5.2021

Not yet stable enough for professional use

This is could be a game changing piece of software. it combines transcription and audio editing into one. The option to collaborate in the cloud like a google doc opens up many possibilities. But there is one big downside....

It is not yet reliable enough. There have been two occasions in last few months where Descript just stopped working. I lost days' worth of work on broadcast critical projects.

The first time an entire project wouldn't open and just hung. That meant all of the work for an entire podcast episode was inaccessible. I contacted tech support and tweeted them. I heard nothing back. After a friday and weekend of panic and frustration, the project did open.

Perhaps stupidly, i carried on using Descript. A month or so later a Composition (their name for a document within a project) I was working on just stopped working. The error message just said press reload. But that did nothing. Because it is cloud based I had nothing on my hard drive to try and salvage. it just stopped working. i lost at least 8 hours of work. i contacted tech support and their discord server. Still haven't had a response. I had to do the work all over again.

If you work in professional audio, sadly my advice is to stay away from Descript till it gets more reliable.

Die besten Alternativen zu Descript

Rowan

Excellent for podcast editing

I love Descript and have recommended it to several other podcast editors who now use it too. I use it for a "story edit" of each episode, taking the full audio then chopping and rearranging it, plus taking out filler words etc.

You can do compression/EQ/music/bumpers/etc. in Descript but I prefer to export to a full blown DAW for that part. Descript would be great for this stuff if you are editing your own podcast and audio engineering isn't your primary focus.

Being able to edit text and have that automatically edit the audio is an amazing time saver. I was skeptical of the quality of edits this would provide, but 95% of the time the cross fades etc. it adds are spot on. For that 5% of the time where it's not quite right, you can easily adjust things using the waveform editor.

The transcription service seems to have been primarily trained on white/European-descent speakers. I've edited several episodes with African guests and the transcription is awful. You can still use it to edit the audio OK, with some laughs at the mistakes it made. But, if you want to publish a transcript then you're basically rewriting the whole thing.

Pro Tools und REAPER

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Descript

The ability to edit a transcript (with fallback to waveform editing) is a complete game changer. I can focus on the content and just drop out to audio editing when I need to. I still use other DAWs later in the process, but Descript makes that big edit of 90+min of raw audio for each episode so much more manageable.
Rohit

Bewertet am 15.6.2021

Most amazing audio editing tool I’ve used in 20 years

I love editing audio and video again. I feel like I’m editing a taking Word Document. Simply amazing. Try it and you won’t go back to editing only using a waveform.

This is a whole new way to edit audio and video content. I love the fact that there are frequent updates and new features. Simply amazing to edit content.

Not much in terms of audio processing. No noise reduction, etc.

Warum Descript gewählt wurde

Audition was getting to be too expensive as part of the CC Suite.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Descript

At the time I chose it because of price. But when I used the free version I was hooked and signed up for a paid version.
Deborah
  • Branche: E-Learning

Bewertet am 23.6.2021

Language compression for better listening

I am committed to continuing with Descript since it enables an ease of editing I haven’t found anywhere else.

My favorite aspect of this software is the ability to delete filler words, shorten pauses between phrases and make my guests sound so much better than they do in the rough interview track. I love being able to edit the audio file by deleting things from the transcribed text and being able to go back and forth between editing in the text and editing in the audio file. The last episode I edited on descript cut 20 minutes off the interview. Then I bring that edited track into garage band to add intro/outro music, etc. ( i know I’m supposed to be able to do all this inside descript but I haven’t taken the time to learn how to do that.

Poor transcription of non native speakers. Not knowing how to add in existing transcript and match it with the raw interview track before editing.

April
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 13.9.2021

I use Descript for multiple things!

Editing video and audio for podcasts is so much easier in Descript. I can see exactly what I am editing out and it has made my workflow about twice as fast!

I love that to edit the audio or video, you just make the edits in the transcription instead of trying to find the exact place in the audio file. Makes it so much easier! My favorite is that it can take out all the "filler words" like "um" in about 2 clicks and make the audio sound great! So much faster than how I was doing it before with having to listen and take them out one at a time.

There are constant updates to the software, about 1 a week. This can be annoying since there is always a pop-up that says you need to update and restart almost everytime I open the app. Also, if you have multiple accounts (I have multiple clients I work with), it is hard to sign out of one account and then sign into another. Not sure why this isn't straightforward, but often when I sign out of one account and then try to sign into another, it just puts me back into the same account.

• Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Bewertet am 17.6.2021

project editor for visual learners

Overall it's an innovative product and a lot more cost-effective than others on the market. It may not be perfect but it has helped me a lot in my projects. A clever virtual multi-tool for creators.

I like that I can edit a video based on the visual transcription, The AI and that while I'm recording I get a transcription simultaneously.

The features I desire most are a dark mode feature, a chroma key feature so I can add light overlay and animation. I would also like a pause feature added to screen recording and voice recording because I use this to help me think in between recording without stopping the session. And please fix bugs such a lagging.

And the integrations I would recommend are Audacity, Davinci Resolve, and Anchor FM because that is what I use.

Sometimes there are glitches if I am working in multiple windows and Ill get error codes. Sometimes it's hard to place tracks on the timeline, You click where you want it to go and it goes somewhere else in the project. I want some filler words to stay included and it's hard for me to figure out how to keep them. When I record audio and mess up, the overdub function doesn't pop up when I right-click. I wish the zoom and pan were smoother looking.

• Branche: Immobilien

Bewertet am 22.7.2021

Great Podcast Editing And Transcribing Tool.

We have three podcasts that we work on every week and this software has made editing of the audio and transcribing very easy. We are able to deliver quality podcasts and transcripts for publishing. The platform allows for collaboration on projects with the team members.

It is user friendly and doesn't require much experience in video and audio editing. Filler words and word gap detection and removal are great features. The export and publish features allow for sharing and publishing the content to other applications. It transcribes very fast and it's great in identifying and assigning speakers. It is easy to cut and paste words while moving the audio waveforms. It also does a great job of matching separate audio files.

Stability of the software is a great concern. Sometimes it just freezes and you can't access the project you are working on. There is also more that can be done on the sound effects.

Danielle
Danielle
  • Branche: Design

Bewertet am 18.6.2021

A video/audio editing tool that fits the way my brain works

I love that Descript lets me edit video by editing a transcript. In the past, planning my edit - because of how my brain was working - I practically ended up with a handwritten transcript. I thought: there's got to be a tool that will do this automatically. Then along came Descript!
Descript is a pretty robust tool for editing video and audio. They seem to be headed toward making it a full featured tool that can do it all. However, my background is in Adobe Premiere Pro, and right now it's not worth my time and energy to learn to use Descript instead. But Descript has been a very helpful supplement.

Descript has many amazing features - even ones that I would have never thought of to wish for. Here are some of the features that most impressed me.

I love being able to edit video or audio recordings simply by editing the transcript. You can edit within the same file, or you can open another file in a separate window and copy/paste the sections you want from the original file - which remains intact.
Descript's filler word and "dead air" removal are pretty amazing as well.
The option to export a format that is editable in Adobe Premiere Pro comes in very handy. Currently, my workflow is to get the main video edit done in Descript, and then fine tune and add additional elements in Premiere. In fact, I had used Descript's Marker feature to indicate section headers that I was going to add in Premiere. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Descript's Markers translate directly to annotated markers in Premiere, making it really easy for me to find the spots to insert section graphics and which header cards to put where.
Descript's built-in screen recorder has been very helpful for grabbing b-roll from websites. I even used it to show the Descript team some minor challenges I was having with their app.

The accuracy of the automatic transcription can be a bit hit or miss. British accents are notoriously problematic. Not only does the app misinterpret words, but the rhythm of the person's speech can cause the app to put the wrong punctuations in all the wrong places.

If the transcript needs a lot of editing, I'll put the whole transcript in Edit Mode. But I often need to play back a section of audio to know how to correct it. Playback doesn't seem to work in Edit Mode, and it's very cumbersome to switch back and forth.

I often need to add captions to the exact same clip in two different formats for social media - e.g. square and vertical. Simply uploading the caption file I had exported from Descript for the first clip to the second clip didn't work as I would have expected.

The Descript developers are continually updating their app - which is both good and bad. It seems like every time you open it, some feature is new or modified when you haven't even had a chance to get comfortable with the way things were.

• Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 28.7.2021

Take the frustration out of audio/video editing.

I love that Descript makes editing video and audio content so easy. And the transcriptions are so accurate it's scary! This software has saved me countless hours but more importantly removes so many barriers that keep people from getting started with creating video and audio content.

The editor UI is a bit clunky and compressed, I feel like the editor area should be larger which might make it even easier to use.

Jeff

Five Stars Across the Board

It's been wonderful. Since I discovered this at Podcast Movement in 2019 it's revolutionized production on the show. I've also used it to in my day job too to help my company do training videos. It's a software I use everyday.

Descript is so easy to use. It's cut down the editing time for our podcast interviews and the overall show while increasing our quality. With the ongoing new features too, like Overdub and the ability to generate Audiograms, the service continues to get better. The transcripts have also allowed us to increase the accessibility for our podcast and the generated videos while helping to keep costs down (and as the AI continues to improve, our time to correct transcripts as also gone down)

The feature that needs attention is how the software deals with silence. Long silences are treated as "speakers" with the AI is deciding who it detects speaking. That causes issues with transcript correction. In addition, things that are actual silence can be removed, such as laughter or crosstalking or words the AI might not know. That adds extra editing time so those things are part of the final product. I'm hoping this aspect gets updated soon.

Alex

Bewertet am 22.6.2023

Descript has great features for Podcasters, but lacks in areas for Professional Video Editors

Descript has been a daily tool my team and I use for transcription, podcast editing, and audio editing. It's an amazing tool for seamless collaboration with clients and internal teams without constantly having to upload and download files. And an great tool to add basic cuts and B-roll to clips, however it does have its own set of bugs and a learning curve for new users

- Very easy to transcribe audio and manipulate any transcription error- Great collaboration tool with clients and team review, without sending the project file back and forth- Great tool for finding and downloading broll for video- Very easy to add captions to video

- Several bugs throughout (the issues changes throughout each update)- No offline mode solution (You have to upload media files to the cloud every time, large files can a long time- A bit of a learning curve for video editing features

Cindy
Cindy
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 7.8.2023

The easiest podcast editor I found.

I am a new podcaster and I'm in love with Descript. I can't afford to pay an editor and Descript suits my needs. I believe I can even use it to record the podcast but I haven't played with that yet.

Descript takes all the filler sounds out of your recording - um, uh, etc. You can shorten long pauses - dead air. I love editing from the transcript. I have a mild tremor so fiddling with the usual sound editing software is difficult. It takes forever to get it at just the right spot. With Descript, I make the change in the transcript and Descript makes the change in the audio. I can delete words or whole sentences. I can even move things around. I believe you can train it to your voice so you can add words to the transcript and the audio file will sound like it was there from the start. It's magical!

If I want to use the transcription for other purposes, like a blog, it requires a lot of editing. Sometimes sentences aren't structured right and sometimes words are wrong. It's not all that time consuming, just annoying.

William

Bewertet am 23.6.2021

The best in the industry!

Making an all audio podcast sound clean is the bread and butter of this app. It has made me love editing my show!

A must use tool for any podcast company. Editing has never been more streamlined.

Video editing the s close but I use three cameras and two to three audio sources. Multicam needs to be more streamlined

Ryan
Ryan

Bewertet am 18.5.2021

I use Descript Daily and its irreplaceable

I love how it makes editing podcasts easy with my clients and collaborators. Editing the text to edit the sound is a really handy feature. Filler word removal has been great

Its great for recording scripted ads too as I can quickly punch in/out to get the right cadence and ultimately the best take

There are some glitches when it comes to collaboration i.e. not being able to make comments (and notifying your collaborator) until the audio is transcribed, which as a collaborator on someone else's drive I cannot do

Room tone generation seems to be selected as default

When using filler word removal, the cuts can sound quite harsh and require spaces before and after to sound natural

Marissa

Bewertet am 17.6.2021

Game Changer for Audio Editors

I think the biggest change is that it makes my podcast editing experience more enjoyable. I feel more in touch with what I’m putting out into the world, and better able to edit and parse it. Despite my tech proficiency, I struggle with the frequent UI changes and have yet to make the audio recording feature work, so I have to import my audio from another program; if there were fuller audio controls I could really make it a one-stop shop for my podcast creation.

I was skeptical that editing audio in this way would result in a good-sounding podcast, but it has made the editing process so much clearer. Lots of great little features enable me to make content that I can push to socials as well!

The software frequently updates with significant changes to where things are placed and stored and no explanation of these changes. The auto-transcription is riddled with errors that it’s a little tedious to correct. Too many features are behind a SECOND tier paywall. Some of these things I get (the high-tech voice generation feature seems with extra money) but it seems odd that as a paying subscriber I can’t, say, replace the Descript logo in my audiograms.

Cyn
  • Branche: Kino & Film
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 16.6.2021

Descript - audio and text editing

The transcription and editing capabilities is are what I use most. I can edit a podcast and have it blog ready in a very short amount of time. I like that I can edit out filler words painlessly with the touch of a button. Also, the tutorials have been a huge help AND the couple of times I've needed to reach out for help, I've found the Customer Support to be responsive and friendly. No downtime necessary to get my questions answered in a fast and timely manner.

I'd like to see the voice recognition and transcription continue to be improved. Descript does a great job, but the better it becomes, the faster I get due to having less corrections. Still, my editing is a simpler process now than it was before.

Carol
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk

Bewertet am 19.5.2022

A game changer for my content creation!

I've been using Descript for some time now, and I have to say that the software is amazing. It does have somewhat of a learning curve to get started with it, but the time and effort is worth it. It allows you to take long-form audio or video and turn it into multiple short-form pieces. This is a gamechanger because it means you can turn an hour long video into short clips that you can post on social media. I also think the overdub feature comes in handy at certain times to prevent me from having to do retakes just to fix a tiny word mistake I may have made.

The biggest strength of the Descript is its ability to cut video directly from the transcript. This saves so much time because you don't have to go back and forth between apps or do any editing before you can share your video on social media or other platforms. Another strength of Descript is that it allows me to remove filler words like "uhm" and "ah" from my videos really quickly. This helps me cut down on excess wordage so I can create shorter clips for social media posts without losing anything important in the process!

Like all software, Descript isn’t perfect. My biggest gripe with it is its transcription. It’s not the most accurate I’ve experienced. But it seems to be improving over time. Another con is that it does struggle with larger video files in my experience, and there are bugs that consistently have to be ironed out. However, with that said, the team does continue to work and improve the quality.

Madeline
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 19.5.2021

Descript is a life saver!

It's a life saver for editing audio. Never again will I edit audio blindly - Descript is SO helpful in storytelling, and scripting narrations, and overall getting a better grasp on what you have in your audio. I love being able to add multiple compositions into a single project - it keeps things wonderfully organized.

The recent update to removing filler words has been cutting off words from either side of the filler word.

Kevan
Kevan
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 24.8.2022

Best editing experience I've ever had

Love Descript. I use it for all my audio/video projects, and the quality of my content is way better because of Descript

Descript is the easiest editing software I've ever used. I'm no multimedia expert, but I felt so capable of creating great content thanks to Descript's product features. The editor feature in particular - with how you can cut and paste within the transcript itself - is phenomenal

There are some subtleties to the product that are difficult to learn. I had to watch some help videos multiple times to be able to understand, especially when it came to importing and combining multiple audio files.

Sen
Sen

Bewertet am 24.6.2021

Huge timer saver, with some details to be improved

I'm happy to use this software for everything to do with speech editing - it saves an enormous amount of time in post-production, and also allows editing as you record. I was disappointed by the Overdub feature - still lots of improvements to be made in terms of natural-sounding speech, but I'm sure this is being improved with each iteration.

Using the transcription to edit audio and video completely changes the game - so much time is saved by being able to use the text to guide exactly when to clip.

Responsiveness is still a bit laggy, and compared to other multi-track editors, this still feels at times unwieldy. Transcriptions could also be more accurate, as going through and changing them can take quite a lot of time.

Jeremy
  • Branche: Darstellende Künste
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 25.12.2023

Best for quick and easy editing

Excellent for what it does, especially for quick video and podcast production.

Because it's text based, Descript makes editing video and audio easy, especially when working with complex or long files.

Because it's text based, muting background noise or other minor things that would be easy in a different editor are difficult.

Juliana
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

I'm OBSESSED.

I love it. I am a podcast manager and use Descript within my daily work. I use it every day for getting rid of filler words and use it to help eliminate paragraphs of non-needed discussions.

I love that you can see the transcript while editing. It really helps with people with a learning disability like myself to see the words on the screen as well as hearing.

That there is no way to edit two separate tracks in one audio. (i.e. two people speaking with their own audios).

Joshua

Bewertet am 19.5.2021

Key software in my current workflow

I love how simple it is to use. I love how I can open it up, it's organized, easy to start a new project, edit away, and export easily to other applications as well as .mp3 or .wav files. It's saved me tons of time in my workflow. Being able to see the words and search by word is a game changer. I love that I can create audiograms for audio, highlight text for quotes, and export finish projects.

I use an another DAW, Adobe Audition, because I am familiar with more intense editing within Audition. From the use of plug ins to more customization with cross fades, I feel I can do more outside of Descript when it comes to mixing and mastering the audio files. The cross fades also do not export to Audition and that would be a huge help if Descript was able to do that.

168 Bewertungen