7shifts Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über 7shifts

7shifts ist ein Online-Softwaresystem zur Mitarbeitereinsatzplanung, das für Schichtarbeitende in der Restaurantbranche entwickelt wurde. Mit der Lösung können Angestellte ihre anstehenden Schichten, die geplante Verfügbarkeit...

4,6

Jayelynn
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 5.9.2019

Helpful and Easy to Use

Overall, it's easy and convenient to use and cheaper than some of the similar apps.

You can work from the website or from the app which is convenient if you're bouncing between locations. On the website, I can preset shift times for faster scheduling. You can set multiple roles which is beneficial for staff that do multiple things. You can assign an hourly to each role as well, so you can see an approximation of your labor for the week.

Unfortunately, the preset shift times do not translate over to the app so you do have to manually do it which takes a little more time. Although I have my preference set to get push notifications for almost all the app features, they don't always come through.

HotSchedules

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

7shifts was less expensive and much easier to use plus it integrated with our point of sale system.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Jayelynn! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing that 7shifts can help you keep your schedules straight from anywhere. I've passed along your request regarding preset shifts on the app to our mobile development team for further consideration. Thank you!

Beantwortet am 6.9.2019
Matthew
  • Branche: Musik

Matt C's review

Easy to use and track scheduling, great and fast customer service!

Ease of scheduling and ability to change and trade shifts on mobile.

It can be a bit hard to navigate on mobile sometimes.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with 7shifts! We love hearing about how 7shifts has positively impacted your restaurant. If there is ever anything we can help with, our team is here for you. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] for any extra feedback or questions.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 6.11.2019

7Shifts and More?

The team loved 7shifts since it was so user friendly and easy to access from PC or mobile. Unfortunately, forecasting is obviously a big issue when it comes to scheduling so we moved on.

I liked the messaging platform it had for teams. I enjoyed the ease of seeing team member roles. I liked the ease of seeing the daily line up of teams in different departments. I enjoyed being able to flag attendance within the app and reports generated from that.

I did not like third party app integrations that users would be automatically opted into. Forecasting was a bit clunky also unfortunately.

HotSchedules

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

We didnt. We went with HotSchedules.

Antwort von 7shifts

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate your feedback and really appreciate you sharing with us what you liked, and what you did not like about 7shifts.

In regards to sales/labor forecasting, this is something we are always looking to improve so we appreciate your candor. We strive to provide all of our customers with at least 95% accuracy in forecasting, so if this was something we have not lived up to we want to make it right and work with you to improve your experience. Please reach out to our team any time and we would be happy to help!

On that note, we just released our new Optimal Labor tool which provides hourly sales forecasts which are even more intuitive and transparent. The goal here is to provide managers and operators a visual representation of their labor needs to help them more easily hit their targets with solid forecasts: https://support.7shifts.com/article/310-optimal-labor-tool

Beantwortet am 6.11.2019

Die besten Alternativen zu 7shifts

Ashley
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 23.1.2024

7shifts for the win!

Getting 7Shifts set up was super easy! The process to integrate with the other platforms that we use was also very simple. This is important because not all companies have an IT department that can blow through tech set up. 7Shifts can be used by anyone.

The only complaint I have is the that you aren't able to use the tip management feature unless you use 7shifts' payroll processing as well.

When I Work und HotSchedules

Warum 7shifts gewählt wurde

We quit using Compeat all together so we needed to find multiple new solutions for the tech we were replacing.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

The price was right and they integrate with our tech stack.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any concerns or feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to [email protected].

Beantwortet am 24.1.2024
Allison

Bewertet am 19.3.2024

A good product with room for improvement

The scheduling portion is pretty easy. I like that I can copy from one week to the other, and that I can get a "warning" if someone has asked for time off or is not available. The newer on-boarding package features are really helpful. I like that we can add time off policies. The announcement feature is nice and I like and that it has read receipts. There are quite a few features to 7shifts, and I don't even use all of them, but it's nice to know they are there. Overall, 7 Shifts helps me to keep organized and streamline my processes. It saves me a lot of time!

I like to print off the time off calendar so my staff can see who has time off, but it is not currently printer friendly. I have to take a screen shot of the page, then crop it and print. I wish the calendar could be downloaded as a PDF.
We often have glitchy issues with the 7shifts app. For instance, I never get notified of time off requests, even though I have push notifications and email turned on. My staff often tells me that they can't swap shifts because the app is glitching out.
I also wish that if an employee is flagged "sick" for their shift, but their shift got covered, that the app would not send me, and the person who is sick, notifications that they haven't punched in for their shift. That is very annoying.
I am not a fan of the new time clocking reports they are trying out. It is confusing and does not provide a clear picture of total hours nor can I print off a time sheet for someone to correct. It's not a good "update" at all. I think 7shifts has so many features, and they seem to be always adding new ones, that they might be having a hard time optimizing the ones they already have.

Austin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.3.2024

7 Shifts is Great for Service Industry!

7 Shifts does a fantastic job of creating an easy space for communication, scheduling, and employee accountability.

Some of the payroll and tip pooling functions can be a bit limited for us.

Madison

Bewertet am 1.4.2024

Best Out There!

Overall, the easiest to use and understand of all scheduling systems any of my jobs have had.

It’s extremely user-friendly. Very easy to navigate between sections and clear layouts.

The chat feature doesn’t always load everyone’s responses properly.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to [email protected].

Beantwortet am 2.4.2024
Tyler

Bewertet am 25.3.2024

7shifts is everything I need for a restaurant

A+5 star everyone was helpful and friendly

Easy to use. Great for scheduling.
Great for communication.
Great for requesting time off.
Keeping track of paid vacation

Not being able to delete an employee's job code once created

Beantwortet am 26.3.2024
Laura
  • Branche: Wein und Spirituosen

Bewertet am 29.3.2024

Great tool. Super easy.

It completely changed how we managed staffing and scheduling. We were doing everything manually so it was a huge improvement. The team loves it. It helps with overall communications and task assignments.

7shifts allows us to easily schedule shifts and allows staff to trade among themselves without our involvement. The time clocking function is easy and intuitive. Love the ability to integrate with our POS so we can track productivity.

Having different apps for scheduling and time clock is a bit of a hassle. I wish the dashboard were more customizable.

Beantwortet am 1.4.2024
Terry

7 Shifts experience

Very helpful but price is increasing and we may have to look at another options as it will not be price feasible for a small operation.

The real time updates for changing schedules putting shifts up for bid

employees being able to change availability after schedule posted

Antwort von 7shifts

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with 7shifts! If there is ever anything we can help with, our team is here for you. Contact our support team to discuss your options [email protected].

Chef Steven
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Bewertet am 14.11.2019

Life with 7Shifts is all about the right communication with staff and managers

I have two other software suites that offer what 7shifts does included in the price, 2 other software suites and I still would rather use 7shifts because of how awesome it is. My 50k POS bundle and my staff management suite both offer this, and I could save the cost of 7shifts per year - but heck no.

- Very Short Learning Curve
- The App is very stable and accurate
- Our staff enjoy using the app and don't see it as a burden, but a convenience
- With our package, the app is feature-rich without bloat.
- Developers listen to the community and add value as often as possible.

As with any software development, some features that would be useful for you may take time if they are more niche use cases.

Antwort von 7shifts

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review Steven. I shared your review with the rest of our team, and it made our day to hear that 7shifts has provided you and your team with so much value. Knowing that you have chosen 7shifts over other tools you have available to you is a high honour and is what drives us to keep developing our products for restaurateurs like yourself. Please let us know how we can continue to raise the bar for you and make 7shifts an integral part of your operations.

Beantwortet am 15.11.2019
Mahmud

Bewertet am 12.1.2021

All in one

Great customer service, easy to use

We have been using 7Shifts little over 2 years now and it has been a great experience.

User interface is very simple. It an app that apple would have build. Very basic but yet very powerful. If you are getting this app i highly recommend getting all packages. End of the day it saves you money and head ache. Advil pain killer is expensive and good for your body

I dont have any dislike so far in 2 years

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks so much for the review Mahmud! We love working with your team at MezzeMe and can't wait for our next visit. It makes our day to hear that your team gets tremendous value out of 7shifts for your restaurants.

Beantwortet am 3.2.2021
Allison

Bewertet am 7.3.2022

Still learning the ropes, but seems decent

We're interested in this app for the optimal labor scheduling feature. Unfortunately, we haven't yet used it long enough for this feature to work for us. Being able to manually add projected sales to the schedule to see the estimated labor % as you prepare the schedule is helpful. The reports seem easy to read. The helpdesk has been responsive so far.

The cost of the second highest tier plan is the same as the highest tier plan on our previous software. I don't know if this is a good value yet since we haven't been using it long enough to access all the features we need. I'm hoping the longer we use it, the better it will get. So far, myself and my team are still struggling to understand and find everything we need.

Deputy

Warum 7shifts gewählt wurde

We want to access the optimal labor feature in 7shifts. 7shifts seems more geared towards QSR than Homebase.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Homebase

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

Deputy charges per employee.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Allison! We are confident that our optimal labor tool is going to be a game-changer for your restaurant and our team is here to support your.

Beantwortet am 8.3.2022
Joshua

Bewertet am 12.11.2020

Great system and developing nicely

Customer service as always been a pleasure. Not a big fan of continual prompts every time I log in for feedback or sales pitches but overall a real solid system.

During the time that we have used this software, there have been wonderful developments and rollouts that nicely enhance our operation. Keep up the good work!

It was very basic to begin with. Coming along nicely and will likely be the best product if they keep it up.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Joshua. You can rest assured that we will always be working to improve 7shifts and ensure that it's the best solution for restaurateurs like you.

Beantwortet am 18.11.2020
Jeremy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

Better than other scheduling apps

Setting up availabilities and scheduling is very easy and helpful.

Sometimes there'll be a notification even though the notification has already been resolved.

Slack

Warum 7shifts gewählt wurde

Homebase was not as functional and user-friendly as 7shifts appears to be.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Homebase

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

Cheaper, user-friendly and does a lot of the tasks I wanted to be done.
Melisa

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

I love 7shifts!

I love 7shifts! It's easy to use, easy to schedule, easy for my staff. I can communicate with the whole team at once, can look at the whole month of requests off, the reports are handy for seeing who has had what time off, etc. The team can trade shifts amongst themselves and everybody can get ahold of each other when needed. I also like that I have quick easy access to things like employee start dates, etc without having to go digging through their file!We do not sync this with our POS or payroll, but I do use it to double check when I have a time clock entry that seems off.It's also nice to be able to easily access the schedule from years prior!All around good product at a fair price!

I wish that some features of this product were not only available with the more expensive plan. Reminders for important staff dates would be helpful, but isn't worth the extra $$. Same with a manager log book, I'd love to use it with our business, but it's not worth the price difference to unlock these two items.I've only ever had a couple of issues I've run into. While support wasn't always able to correct them or address them head on, they've always done what they're able to &/or have put in feature requests, etc.

Sling

Warum 7shifts gewählt wurde

We were a brand new business and had shopped around for scheduling software. I also had previously used several other products, but wasn't necessarily keen on what I'd used before. We opted for a different product, but it didn't have the same usability as 7shifts. Glad we realized this early on! We made the switch and have no intention of changing again!
Lucia

Great Product!

Overall this program is great! Been using for years but it would be nice for some more options to personalize for our needs. Love the reports feature though to see how staff compare in various categories!

I do the scheduling for a staff of 60+ so the ease of copying shifts to another week/day is great

The integration between this and Toast is great but could still use some work. We primarily use it for the purposes of seeing when staff have clocked in or not and as a manager it would be great to turn this feature on and off for the different departments ( front of house, back of house, bar). It would also be great to turn the feature off for clocking out vs clocking in at the end of the shift vs beginning. As a front of house manager I’m not as concerned with back of house clockins but still get 12 notifications for their staff a day, and I am more concerned about front of house staff clocking in but not as concerned with them clocking out

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Lucia! I've passed along your suggestions for improving our integration along to our team :)

Tory

Bewertet am 21.4.2017

Lots of Bang for the Buck!

7Shifts has been a tremendous timesaver! We used to spend so much time transferring requests to our paper scheduling forms. Now we can just work directly in the app. Saves paper too! Our staff is incredibly happy we've made this technological leap. Takes some stress out of their already busy lives by being able to switch shifts online. It has also alleviated the issue of "misreading" their schedule. As managers, we love that we no longer have to hear that excuse. Ha ha! Managing overtime is incredibly easier on 7Shifts. Prior to the app, we relied on floor managers to make judgement calls regarding shift exchanges when senior managers weren't available. Labor considerations didn't get factored into decisions and we would run higher labor numbers. Now that fewer managers are part of the shift exchange decisions, we know that the appropriate factors are being implemented into the decision making. The floor managers appreciate not having the pressure of making a decision that could negatively impact a shift. Posting and editing schedules in real time also alleviates issues. We would have people switch shifts and then forget. Now it goes immediately into their schedule once approved. Confusion alleviated!!! We don't use the auto-fill option but find that manually scheduling is so much more efficient in the app than it was on paper. I also love that you accept requests for features/functions and compile them for consideration. The service has always been wonderfully friendly and fast. The tutorials are really helpful and well done. I can't say enough good things. Thank you for creating such a user friendly app. Makes our busy restaurant lives so much easier!

Great tutorials
Fast and friendly support staff
Efficiency for reviewing labor
Incredibly communication tool between staff and management
Consider suggestions for functions and features and notify you if they become implemented
Fair price for the power of the product

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the great, in-depth review Tory. We're happy to hear that 7shifts is helping alleviate the classic "misreading the schedule" problem for Beaver Street Brewery. Cheers!

Beantwortet am 21.4.2017
Brianna
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 24.7.2019

Great, just needs some tweaks.

Scheduling mistakes! I used collect employees' schedules and manually enter them into an availability table that I made on Excel. Then I would refer to that table as I made the schedule. The issues arose when employees would text me their availability or time off requests; those were easy to lose track of. This software puts the responsibility of accurate availability on the employee, it's great!

It saves time by allowing the employees to add their own availability, request time off, and switch shifts with each other. This software is a huge help and has solved scheduling problems and prevented some mistakes.

It only prints a week at a time, there is no condensed version to get a monthly schedule printed. The month-long format that they do have is horribly unorganized & does not print well. This isn't a big issue, it just uses up more paper and space than our previous scheduling method.
The absolute worst part about this software has to do with the roles that employees can be assigned: there is no "training" option under the roles that I created. This makes scheduling new employees very difficult. The work-around is tedious; remove their current roles, schedule them for the time they would train and write their role in the notes of that shift. This is inconvenient because it is difficult to track "unassigned" shifts. It would be great if there was a training option under each role so that when I run the report, I can track how many training shifts an employee has had.

Hi Brianna,

Thanks so much for the review! We appreciate your positive feedback AND your constructive feedback, which we absolutely take to heart. I have broken down your feedback piece by piece and sent it along to our product team to analysis and consideration. We will also have a member of our team reach out to you to see if we can create a better experience for your workflow.

All the best!

Beantwortet am 25.7.2019
Lauren

Bewertet am 1.9.2021

Great Scheduling Software

I really like 7shifts, I’ve never used any other scheduling software so I don’t have a comparison other than manual paper scheduling. 7shifts is a million times better than that. I can’t imagine scheduling 50+ people without 7shifts.

I own a full service, high end, casual dining restaurant. I have usually between 50-65 employees. 7shifts allows me to manage multiple department schedules for the entire restaurant pretty easily. I very much like the feature that allows me to copy and paste the schedule from prior weeks, as well as the ability to create a template and distribute that template amongst everyone’s availability. I like that it puts accountability for requesting time off an updating availability on the employee. This saves me so much time. 7shifts connects with Cake (my POS) and brings sales over so that I can project my labor for the schedule I’m making.

When I start from a template and the software distributes the shifts based on people’s availability seems very random. It would be better if the software was able to take into consideration the employees schedule from last week, keeping it the same as much as possible, and prioritizing shifts to primary roles. When I start from a template I have to do a lot more reorganizing of shifts after the software fills it out for me.

Antwort von 7shifts

Dang! Thanks for the kind words Lauren, we really appreciate it.

Rachael

Bewertet am 3.11.2020

7Shifts is easy to use for all staff

We have been very happy with the overall use of 7shifts and anytime we needed customer service, they were courteous and offered a quick fix. They were very gracious during our Covid closure and offered use of the app free of charge so that we could stay in contact with all our employees. I highly recommend!

We use 7shifts as the primary tool for communication as well as scheduling. It's easy to set up, add new employees, manage the schedule, shift bids, and time off requests. Employees report that it is one of the most comprehensive and easy to use scheduling apps they've ever used! As the administrator, 7shifts makes scheduling quick and easy which is a huge benefit.

The availability function can be improved. Employees report that it is the only aspect of the app that gives them trouble. Sometimes there is a lag between what the app shows on my phone vs. computer. For instance, shifts that have been edited and published are showing as not published on the app on my phone. Minor issues that cause little to no problems.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Rachael! We really love the feedback you provided and I have passed it along to our mobile team for review. We want to ensure we make your experience and 11.

Also, we are happy to hear that 7shifts was able to support you in the way you needed it during COVID. We ALWAYS want to support our clients and know this has been a challenging time for any small business. Just know that we've got your back :)

Beantwortet am 5.11.2020

Bewertet am 3.11.2020

Amazing for scheduling and time clock!

7shifts has been a really positive experience.

We have used 7shifts since we started our company. We wanted something that could be easy for everyone to use, and we've seen a ton of efficiency improvements over the years! It has been really easy to have different managers run the schedule with ease, and the analytics are helpful for running payroll as well. Would definitely reccomend 7shifts and 7punches as a combination tool.

No cons to mention! The improvements over the last few years have really made 7shifts and outstanding product.

Square Point of Sale und QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

Ease of use and easy to setup.

Antwort von 7shifts

Amazing! Thank you for such a great review Andrew. We really love hearing from restaurants that chose 7shifts when they started their business and the impact it has had over the years. Thanks for the kind words and we look forward to serving you for years to come

Beantwortet am 5.11.2020
arpita

Bewertet am 18.8.2018

Excellent scheduling software!

I used to make schedules through Excel, and would have employees email time off requests and availability changes. This software makes everything so much easier. It is so easy to use - copy schedules from week to week, move around shifts, copy shifts, etc. This app made me like making the schedule!

It's also employee-friendly - they can give up and pick up shifts, and manager can approve them. They can communicate with each other through chat. Phone numbers and emails are available, so employees can easily contact each other.

No glitches ever (previous app we used glitched and made errors to employees' schedules)
Budgeting tool
Ability to put in events
Color coding departments and jobs
Ability to print PDF schedule
Communication (chat and message options)
Employees can trade shifts
Availability and time off request features are perfect
Multiple locations allows you to use employees at different sites, but you can see in lighter color where they are already scheduled to work
Great value for the price
They keep making it better and will let you know when an update has been made

There's a minimal international fee charged monthly for 7Shifts. But that's all!

Antwort von 7shifts

Wow, wow, wow. Thanks for the kind words Arpita. We love hearing that you and your team are using every feature available in 7shifts to help Reggae Shack Cafe make scheduling less of a chore. Rock on!

Beantwortet am 1.10.2018
Jose Juan

Bewertet am 31.8.2021

7Shifts is the most used app other than our POS. Great value!

Scheduling with 7Shifts is a breeze. It is well designed and functions. This in itself is all I need from my scheduling app to have a good experience while doing a task that can very easily become tedious. 7Shifts makes scheduling for us a fun task.

While 7Shifts was the first and original scheduling app we tested, we did try 2-3 others. But we kept coming back to 7Shifts. At the center of this decision was the ease of use, and nice design that allowed for easier scheduling. A scheduling app has to do that and work for us. Without this ease of use scheduling can be a a tedious task. 7Shifts makes this a breeze.

I think 7Shifts has a very good core product (scheduling). And I only wish we had more time to test other features. But that is more on us, than the app. The one feature I wish we had back, as an administrator I wish I had the ability to quickly help employees with their password management. Resetting the passwords used to be easy some years back, whereas the admin was able to set-up a password for the end-user. That feature went away some years back.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the kind words Jose! We really appreciate hearing that 7shifts is one of the most-used apps in your restaurant.

Kayla
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Great!

I love basically all the feature of this program. We use the event management to communicate events with three different departments, as well as restaurant specials and features. It has been user friendly for all staff and managers, the shift swap feature has been a real game changers for staff to communicate swift swaps while still keeping the manager in the loop.

I wish we could tie into our POS system, having a unique software system it is difficult to find something that will tie in.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Kayla!

1.164 Bewertungen