Über 7shifts

7shifts ist ein Online-Softwaresystem zur Mitarbeitereinsatzplanung, das für Schichtarbeitende in der Restaurantbranche entwickelt wurde. Mit der Lösung können Angestellte ihre anstehenden Schichten, die geplante Verfügbarkeit...

4,6

Jayelynn
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 5.9.2019

Helpful and Easy to Use

Overall, it's easy and convenient to use and cheaper than some of the similar apps.

You can work from the website or from the app which is convenient if you're bouncing between locations. On the website, I can preset shift times for faster scheduling. You can set multiple roles which is beneficial for staff that do multiple things. You can assign an hourly to each role as well, so you can see an approximation of your labor for the week.

Unfortunately, the preset shift times do not translate over to the app so you do have to manually do it which takes a little more time. Although I have my preference set to get push notifications for almost all the app features, they don't always come through.

HotSchedules

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

7shifts was less expensive and much easier to use plus it integrated with our point of sale system.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Jayelynn! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing that 7shifts can help you keep your schedules straight from anywhere. I've passed along your request regarding preset shifts on the app to our mobile development team for further consideration. Thank you!

Beantwortet am 6.9.2019

Excellent

Being new to this software I found it very user friendly!

Easy to use, if I have questions the response is quick

I don’t feel like there’s anything I dislike at the moment

Kali
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

7 shifts review

Overall decent and Used often!

The scheduling feature so all my staff can see their schedule and swap shifts as needed.

It runs very slow and a lot of times I will get an error page.

Die besten Alternativen zu 7shifts

Melisa

I love 7shifts!

I love 7shifts! It's easy to use, easy to schedule, easy for my staff. I can communicate with the whole team at once, can look at the whole month of requests off, the reports are handy for seeing who has had what time off, etc. The team can trade shifts amongst themselves and everybody can get ahold of each other when needed. I also like that I have quick easy access to things like employee start dates, etc without having to go digging through their file!We do not sync this with our POS or payroll, but I do use it to double check when I have a time clock entry that seems off.It's also nice to be able to easily access the schedule from years prior!All around good product at a fair price!

I wish that some features of this product were not only available with the more expensive plan. Reminders for important staff dates would be helpful, but isn't worth the extra $$. Same with a manager log book, I'd love to use it with our business, but it's not worth the price difference to unlock these two items.I've only ever had a couple of issues I've run into. While support wasn't always able to correct them or address them head on, they've always done what they're able to &/or have put in feature requests, etc.

Sling und Schedulefly

Warum 7shifts gewählt wurde

We were a brand new business and had shopped around for scheduling software. I also had previously used several other products, but wasn't necessarily keen on what I'd used before. We opted for a different product, but it didn't have the same usability as 7shifts. Glad we realized this early on! We made the switch and have no intention of changing again!
Rowan

Game-changing modernization

Overall, we have had a very good experience since making the switch over to 7shifts and would certainly recommend it to other restaurants - especially those with a large staff.

7shifts makes it easy to communicate with the entire staff, individually or as a group. It even allows us to easily send messages to specific roles or groups within roles, such as "bartenders scheduled today" or "servers not scheduled today." It also makes it easy for staff to communicate with management and each other, and has also made the process of shift swapping/coverage easier for staff and management. Managers love that we can see all bids for a shift, and that no swap or coverage goes unapproved (which often happened in the past when we were still using a paper system for switches). It's also great when we need to add staff for a particular shift, as we can simply post an open shift for anyone in a particular role.

I wish you could access the original version of a posted schedule (before swaps/pick-ups, etc) and see quickly who picked up a shift vs. who was originally scheduled, rather than having to go back through the activity log. Additionally, apart from the dashboard view - which is fantastic and super convenient for planning each day - the layout of the iPad app isn't great, and when there are major changes/updates to the product, it can be tricky to get used to. When there are glitches (which is pretty rare), it can be disruptive to our process of planning each shift. These aren't things you have to deal with when using a paper system, however they are minor issues in comparison to the many benefits of switching to 7shifts.

Chelsea

Bewertet am 14.12.2022

Much aloha for 7shifts!

I have been very satisfied with the customer service. In Hawaii sometimes its difficult to get answers because of our time difference. But even if I miss customer service, they always get back to me in a very timely manner and I am super grateful!

I manage a restaurant that uses Toast as our POS system. The integration was easy and I love the real time information shared between both platforms. The scheduling portion of 7shifts is my favorite and the mobile access. Business needs change on a dime in food and beverage and I need all my staff members to be on the same page at all times. The messaging feature is also very crucial, we live on an island and recently Mauna Loa volcano erupted. Some of our team members live on the other side of the island. We wanted to get work out quickly and efficiently to share information and to go over safety protocols and possible plans. 7shifts allowed for us to reach all of our employees in a timely manner.

One thing I would ask 7shifts to consider is allowing for a business to customize "flags" for the schedule. For example, if I call someone off of work I would rather leave their original schedule posted for the record and indicate that I called them off.

7shifts FAN!!

I have to say I'm an expert at 7shift because I've been using it for multiple previous restaurants.

7Shifts makes my life so much easier. Everything is seamless when it comes to adding an employees week schedule or making changes. The feature to choose multiple days to add shifts makes everything super easy. Also the shift+click+paste way to move things around is great.

The thing I like the least is 7Shifts and TripleSeat aren't integrated. If those two platforms spoke together it would make so many peoples lives easier because it would automatically plug in the event totals into the labor tool. Everything would be much more accurate with predictions.

Tanya

7Shifts in a Bakery/Restaurant Setting

It is very intuitive for managers and staff to use.

The app could use some work from a manager's perspective, and the email notifications for managers vs admins is glitchy.

Pretty good for schedules

Schedules are a bit easier, and time clocking can be really nice. It is fast and employees find it easy to use

There’s a few things - it would be nice to see if somebody else is working on the same schedule as you at the same time mainly

Loai
  • Branche: Design

Bewertet am 30.12.2022

Perfect app

My experience with this application is that it is really useful and very important, and this is what we need to perform the tasks required of us

It is an application that facilitates all the things and tasks of life that we forget, which makes the application very important, easy and safe for everyone

Updating the application requires many updates

Chef Steven

Bewertet am 14.11.2019

Life with 7Shifts is all about the right communication with staff and managers

I have two other software suites that offer what 7shifts does included in the price, 2 other software suites and I still would rather use 7shifts because of how awesome it is. My 50k POS bundle and my staff management suite both offer this, and I could save the cost of 7shifts per year - but heck no.

- Very Short Learning Curve
- The App is very stable and accurate
- Our staff enjoy using the app and don't see it as a burden, but a convenience
- With our package, the app is feature-rich without bloat.
- Developers listen to the community and add value as often as possible.

As with any software development, some features that would be useful for you may take time if they are more niche use cases.

Antwort von 7shifts

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review Steven. I shared your review with the rest of our team, and it made our day to hear that 7shifts has provided you and your team with so much value. Knowing that you have chosen 7shifts over other tools you have available to you is a high honour and is what drives us to keep developing our products for restaurateurs like yourself. Please let us know how we can continue to raise the bar for you and make 7shifts an integral part of your operations.

Beantwortet am 15.11.2019
Leslie

Bewertet am 26.11.2019

Best Decision

I wish all companies had a team like 7 Shifts! Such a joy to work with. They love their job and are not just a sales department. Their support and development teams are just as good as their front line sales because they can really believe in their product and deliver what they are promising. First class!

We can maximize profit by scheduling exactly where needed with forecasting
We can create a schedule in minutes verses an hour
We can eliminate scheduling employees on requested days off or outside of their availability
Employees can update availability, time off without bothering management
Employees find a replacement for their shift after schedule is posted instead of bothering management
Managers can monitor labor in real time on phone app dashboard report
We use the 'engage' report as a positive way to eliminate attendance issues (late, no show, sick, change schedule, etc)
Employees can access by phone or computer
Employees can provide immediate shift feedback at end of shift
Managers can distribute hours and tasks evenly and monitor
Managers love the communication notification. One memo can be distributed to all or certain department to inform of last minute specials or even announce an employees birthday

To be honest, my list has dwindled of items I like least because everytime I bring a negative aspect to customer support, the development team calls and gathers information, then they begin programming and redesigning to improve their product for everyone. My only issue is waiting for them to make the awesome labor dashboard available for lower levels so managers can use it to train team leads without programming them to be in the 'management' category just to get the actual real time labor on their phone.

Antwort von 7shifts

Amazing! Thanks for the review Leslie. We are grateful for your feedback and it has made our team's day to hear from every department at 7shifts is pulling together to provide more value to you and your business. It's feedback like this that reminds us why labor management is vitally important to operators like yourself and we look forward to providing you and your team even more value in the future.

Beantwortet am 2.12.2019

Bewertet am 3.11.2020

Longtime user

Absolutely great! If you have any issues they help you out right away. Plus they are always evolving and take their customers suggestions and implement them.

Very easy to use. Lots of integration options and they are continually adding more. Easy for staff to use!

Not everything you need to do is on the mobile app or sometimes hard to find.

HotSchedules

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

7shifts was very easy to use and they got back to me very quickly with any questions. They features they offered also interested us and it looked ( and is) very easy to use.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the kind words Sarah! We are humbled by your feedback, and happy to hear you have found a lot of value in our platform once you made the switch from Hot Schedules. Keep an eye out for even more great functionality being added soon.

Also, I'm going to have a member of our mobile team reach out to you in order to hear about your ideas for improving our mobile apps to better suit you.

Beantwortet am 5.11.2020
Briana

Bewertet am 31.8.2021

Great easy to use scheduling software

I have been using scheduling software for many years and the combination of price, ease of use, and available app for my employees makes it a winner in my book.

I really enjoy having an app, setup was very easy, the price is right, and the over-all use is intuitive and simple to understand.

None that I can think - honestly a good product that meets my needs.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Briana! We appreciate you advocating for 7shifts for your restaurant.

Bewertet am 31.8.2021

High powered timekeeping for low entry cost.

7punches is high powered, low cost product that was very easy to launch company wide.

7shifts has a great entry level price point for small organizations and companies. It is accessible, durable and transparent. It instills team confidence with employees when they can track their timesheets in real time and communicate quickly with management and colleagues through the application negating the need to maintain posted call sheets or add contacts to personal mobile devices.

7shifts cannot lock or protect a current schedule once its posted. You must use great caution when editing schedules online or on a mobile device that you are actually editing the correct day and date. If your scheduling manager is distracted during the edit process for a future week it is possible to mistakenly edit (and publish) a current week. Additionally, it would be helpful for the software to utilize a biometric reader in 7punches thereby eliminated the 4 digit code requirement.

QuickBooks Time, WhenToWork und Homebase

Warum 7shifts gewählt wurde

We are a seasonal tourist destination and it made sense to switch to a provider that didn't require 12 month commitments.

Low cost fast start.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review David!

Lucia

Great Product!

Overall this program is great! Been using for years but it would be nice for some more options to personalize for our needs. Love the reports feature though to see how staff compare in various categories!

I do the scheduling for a staff of 60+ so the ease of copying shifts to another week/day is great

The integration between this and Toast is great but could still use some work. We primarily use it for the purposes of seeing when staff have clocked in or not and as a manager it would be great to turn this feature on and off for the different departments ( front of house, back of house, bar). It would also be great to turn the feature off for clocking out vs clocking in at the end of the shift vs beginning. As a front of house manager I’m not as concerned with back of house clockins but still get 12 notifications for their staff a day, and I am more concerned about front of house staff clocking in but not as concerned with them clocking out

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Lucia! I've passed along your suggestions for improving our integration along to our team :)

Brianna
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 24.7.2019

Great, just needs some tweaks.

Scheduling mistakes! I used collect employees' schedules and manually enter them into an availability table that I made on Excel. Then I would refer to that table as I made the schedule. The issues arose when employees would text me their availability or time off requests; those were easy to lose track of. This software puts the responsibility of accurate availability on the employee, it's great!

It saves time by allowing the employees to add their own availability, request time off, and switch shifts with each other. This software is a huge help and has solved scheduling problems and prevented some mistakes.

It only prints a week at a time, there is no condensed version to get a monthly schedule printed. The month-long format that they do have is horribly unorganized & does not print well. This isn't a big issue, it just uses up more paper and space than our previous scheduling method.
The absolute worst part about this software has to do with the roles that employees can be assigned: there is no "training" option under the roles that I created. This makes scheduling new employees very difficult. The work-around is tedious; remove their current roles, schedule them for the time they would train and write their role in the notes of that shift. This is inconvenient because it is difficult to track "unassigned" shifts. It would be great if there was a training option under each role so that when I run the report, I can track how many training shifts an employee has had.

Hi Brianna,

Thanks so much for the review! We appreciate your positive feedback AND your constructive feedback, which we absolutely take to heart. I have broken down your feedback piece by piece and sent it along to our product team to analysis and consideration. We will also have a member of our team reach out to you to see if we can create a better experience for your workflow.

All the best!

Beantwortet am 25.7.2019
Rick

Bewertet am 10.9.2021

I never thought I'd depend on 7shifts so much

The longer we use 7shifts the better it gets. I use it for scheduling, employee newsletters, our employees use it to chat back and forth with eachother and the owners, shift swapping, time-clocking (with PUNCH) and payroll. It basically replaces the need for an HR position. Because we've used it now for a few years, I can quickly scroll back to last year and see our sales trends over time to predict sales and predict staffing requirement. Sometime I forget when we changed our hours last year, so I can easily check that through 7shifts. Also I can play around with future schedules to analyze when we need to hire a new employee or if it's worth it to add or delete days from our schedule.

Nothing I don't like...but here is an idea for a new feature. I wish I could get an immediate alert (to the owner) if the sales go higher or lower than set parameters for a certain time period. This would tell me that something is wrong (like no sales for 2 hours...uh oh...did we close? is something broken?) or the restaurant needs help (like 3 hours worth of sales in 45 minutes...oh no, we're slammed and need extra hands).

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the kind words and the great suggestion Rick. We love hearing that 7shifts is increasing in value the longer you use it. Thanks for being a great partner and for trusting us to help your restaurant.

Beantwortet am 15.9.2021

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

7shifts A Networking Dream

Overall, 7shifts is quite easy to work with, I've only experienced some minor inconveniences with it. Otherwise, it is significantly more streamlined compared to software that my close friends have shown me that their workplaces implement.

As a worker, I've found 7shifts fairly easy to work with. It easily allows me to see my upcoming shifts and if necessary offer them up for others to take. I have not personally used other software, but my friends have told me that they are either unable to trade shifts easily or at all! The messaging features are also quite adequate as they are simple to understand and use. They make it a breeze to contact my coworkers or employer if necessary. Finally, I believe it is a fairly recent development, but 7shifts has a logbook feature that allows for commentary about that day of work. The logbook is exceptional at sharing information with my employer and coworkers, and helps us maintain inventory and smooth daily operations.

Its recording of my expected pay is not always 100% accurate although that's probably due to taxes. However it might be nice to implement a feature that determines what you'll make after tax. Additonally, I've had some issues trying to input my availability, where the dates will switch before I post my availability. This isn't a deal breaker but just a bit annoying to switch them back.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review! We love getting the feedback of employees that use 7shifts and we are over the moon to see the value you are getting out of the platform. Nice work!

Beantwortet am 6.11.2020
arpita

Bewertet am 18.8.2018

Excellent scheduling software!

I used to make schedules through Excel, and would have employees email time off requests and availability changes. This software makes everything so much easier. It is so easy to use - copy schedules from week to week, move around shifts, copy shifts, etc. This app made me like making the schedule!

It's also employee-friendly - they can give up and pick up shifts, and manager can approve them. They can communicate with each other through chat. Phone numbers and emails are available, so employees can easily contact each other.

No glitches ever (previous app we used glitched and made errors to employees' schedules)
Budgeting tool
Ability to put in events
Color coding departments and jobs
Ability to print PDF schedule
Communication (chat and message options)
Employees can trade shifts
Availability and time off request features are perfect
Multiple locations allows you to use employees at different sites, but you can see in lighter color where they are already scheduled to work
Great value for the price
They keep making it better and will let you know when an update has been made

There's a minimal international fee charged monthly for 7Shifts. But that's all!

Antwort von 7shifts

Wow, wow, wow. Thanks for the kind words Arpita. We love hearing that you and your team are using every feature available in 7shifts to help Reggae Shack Cafe make scheduling less of a chore. Rock on!

Beantwortet am 1.10.2018
Mitchell

Bewertet am 21.1.2020

7shifts is a lifesaver and a headache preventer

So easy to use, and check in on. There clock in and clock out feature (7Punches) is incredible, and works flawlessly and seamlessly. I would be willing to say that 7Shifts not only saves me time, but at least 2 hours of work per week, which would only be more with a larger organization. Thank you 7shifts!

I like how I can interact with my staff through the software and it makes scheudle creation a breeze for organizations of any size. The ability for my staff to book time off through the software is incredible. No more paper schedules. Not to mention customer service is incredible!! They always respond to requests within mere minutes and I've never encountered a problem they couldn't help me with!

There are absolutely no cons. I will never have a need for any other scheduling software again.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Mitchell! We are SO happy to hear that 7shifts has positively impacted your business in such a big way. We love hearing how specific behaviours have changed, as well as the time and money you're saving. Keep up the great work!

Beantwortet am 22.1.2020
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus

Bewertet am 31.8.2021

Great scheduling application for any industry

Excellent - no issues from set up and getting our account started we have had zero issues. Communication has been good through the whole process. No issues - extremely positive!

We have tried a few products and this is the best value for the money. We like the ability to text, message, and have the staff see all this on the mobile app. This is what staff expect these days and we think 7Shifts makes on-line scheduling and helps us keep managers time tied up constantly working schedules.

We use this for our 24 hour operation and it works great for us!

Not a problem with the software or the application, it is a problem with us since we own numerous companies our time clocks are on another system and do not integrate but could. We should really be using the scheduling application and more features from 7Shifts but that is us not the product.

We should explore more integration and try to push more to 7Shifts.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thank you for the amazing, detailed review Mark. We really love hearing about your experience coming onboard with 7shifts and the value it has provided your organization.

Beantwortet am 3.9.2021
Elizabeth

Bewertet am 2.9.2019

Daily recaps made easy

With 7 shifts you not only have an easy, intuitive scheduling app that everyone can use at every level, but you also have a customizable manager log book to record the goings ons of events each day, along with POS integration!!! It's everything you need on one page. My schedule writing days are over but I still use the app to get daily recaps from all of my restaurants on the flow of service, 86'd items, sales, and employee progress. With the Manager Log book you can customize each section, add as many areas or as few as you want. We have a complete section for R&M, and another for 86'd items. Use the search function to manage and track all of those areas. Or Search an employees name for an easy way to find feedback for quarterly evalutions.

The weather on the manager log book can be a little jankey sometimes. And the Toast POS integration took a little while to set up and the labor % aren't always correct, but otherwise it's great.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks so much for the kind words Elizabeth! We are thrilled to hear that you are your team are finding so much value in the manager log book for your business. We can't wait to show you all the great enhancement with Engage that we will be releasing over the coming months, and look forward to your feedback. Cheers!

Beantwortet am 3.9.2019
Kayla

Great!

I love basically all the feature of this program. We use the event management to communicate events with three different departments, as well as restaurant specials and features. It has been user friendly for all staff and managers, the shift swap feature has been a real game changers for staff to communicate swift swaps while still keeping the manager in the loop.

I wish we could tie into our POS system, having a unique software system it is difficult to find something that will tie in.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Kayla!

Tina

Bewertet am 19.11.2019

7Shifts reduces scheduling time and burden

It's typically a very challenging and time consuming task but 7Shifts reduces the time, stress and burden of scheduling.

I love that my employees are able to communicate with each other and work to fill their shifts if they're ill or issues arise. This frees up my limited time. The templates and metrics that the employees and myself are able to fill in re: how much they'd like to work and when are intuitive and allow me to reduce the time cross referencing. The software is incredibly intuitive and easy to use or find the things you're looking for. Finally, the service and support I've received from the team has been outstanding. They believe in their product and want it to work for your needs.

My business does a lot of outside events. While there is a section for events, I'd like for it to highlight the entire staff field for the day so I can more easily cross reference that there are major staffing changes that will need to occur.

Antwort von 7shifts

Wow, thanks so much for the review Tina! We really appreciate your feedback and your thoughts on how 7shifts has helped your team at Hearth. We know that creating and maintaining a schedule can be a burden, so we're thrilled to have the opportunity to help alleviate that for you. Cheers!

Beantwortet am 20.11.2019