Meltwater Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Meltwater

Meltwater ist eine Online-Lösung, die Unternehmen Medieninformationen und Social-Listening-Tools bietet. Die Lösung bietet Geschäftseinblicke in Echtzeit, um fundiertere Entscheidungen zu ermöglichen. Mit dieser Software können...

3,4

Katie
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Bewertet am 13.9.2022

Excellent customer support

Overall our marketing communications team loves Meltwater. It took a while to set up our account, but once that's done, it is extremely easy to pull analytics for our Board of Directors.

The best part about Meltwater is how easy/user-friendly it is compared to our previous product (Cision), and our account rep is FANTASTIC. We had a terrible experience with switching reps at Cision and it was extremely clunky and took literal hours to pull metrics, but Meltwater has blown us away with how seamless it is.

I will say the media database is not as robust as Cision. It is clear where each company focuses. As a medical non-profit, we work with very niche publications, and many of them were not in Meltwater (or had staff missing) and had to be uploaded manually, which means you are in charge of knowing when the reporter changes companies.

Rameez
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Bewertet am 12.6.2019

Great for customer engagement and as CRM tool

For the two years that we used Meltwater we increased our media sales and overall agent productivity. This lead to a decrease in our ques and many more satisfied customers. There are better products however Meltwater will definitely get the job done.

The CRM tool is amazing at collating and managing all social media into a chronological timeline.

What I like most about this software is the interface. Very fluid and modern and easy on the eyes. It is also user-friendly, I was able to upskill many agents within 2 days maximum.

I do feel that the reporting could be a bit more specific or customisable. Especially when pulling agent reports, there is some information which I would like to see which is not there, so perhaps allowing a more in-depth customisable report functionwould be beneficial.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Freshdesk

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Meltwater

We started off with Meltwater and switched to Freshdesk.
  • Branche: Computer-Hardware

Bewertet am 6.8.2019

An acceptable tool that allows us to track our Media impact

An OK tool to use if you've been used to the platform. Recommend looking elsewhere to see if another tool can help solve your specific needs and problems.

A fairly robust way of gathering all the news about our industry, company, and competitors all in one place. Quick setup after a couple of calls with our representative.

the boolean logic strings are difficult to configure at first. We had issues with languages/news that had nothing to do with our industry. Not easily possible to laser-in on the information that we would find relevant for mass distribution. They need to make some enhancements as the UI seems dated, and at times difficult to navigate.

Die besten Alternativen zu Meltwater

Kathy
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

Bewertet am 20.10.2020

The most inclusive on the market

My overall experience has been good. The customer support is usually very fast and any issues always get resolved. The platform and staff are very reliable and useful.

The thoroughness of coverage and the reach is far larger than other products and the ability to customize searches, add viewers

a few typos in search criteria setup from prior account managers - but nothing that affects its usability

Antwort von Meltwater

Kathy, we're glad to hear we have delivered such a great experience for you. Our team strives for excellent customer service and product solutions. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Beantwortet am 2.11.2020
  • Branche: Museen & Institutionen

Bewertet am 17.1.2019

Great investment for the right company

I use this software for both distributing press releases and monitoring media coverage and think the product is worth the investment if you are dealing with media on at least the national level. Only complaint is the sales staff (most likely by design of their business model) is on the pushy side to get you to renew you contact early and frquent attempts to upsell new products or features.

Meltwater is very user friendly and an excellent resource to reach media contacts (broadcast, print and online) nationality and internationally.

Like all other public relation tools for media, Meltwater tends to have a good amount of media contacts that are out of date but that seems to be an issue accross the board. Price is high, but comparable to other similar software...but worth it if your company is trying to reach media on a national level or monitor your media coverage.

Vishal
Vishal

Bewertet am 29.7.2019

Simplest listening and Monitoring tool i ever used

When I was a fresher I first used Sysmos and it helps me in understanding basics about listening and monitoring, It is very easy to use and query formation in Sysomos is very simple. One thing which i like about it is that its data tagging accuracy is far better than other tools

First of all, it is very simple to use, user-friendly and quite good for small and medium companies.
Data mining is very simple in it and one can extract data very easily. It covers almost everything like hashtag analysis, Demographics analysis and word cloud analysis. Data accuracy is also quite good than others. Data extracted from Sysomos has multilayer topics, it provides much information. In short, it is a very important tool for a newbie, it will help in understanding the basics of listening and monitoring

there was a time when it used to extract data from many sources but now it only provides a chunk from twitter. Sometimes it has issues with data accuracy and time zone and the last thing is that it provides a limited amount of data.

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 3.7.2019

Best Option in the Market

With nearly 10 years working in PR, I have had experience with Cision, Vocus, and Meltwater. There is no question that I will continue to use Meltwater in my career because it is most powerful, in my opinion. I also think that their PR distribution (which is integrated into the platform) is better than what the other players have to offer.

I use Meltwater primarily for its media database and PR distribution. The media data seems to be pretty well updated and when I request changes/additions, they are made very quickly.

As they have updated the software, I lost some of the key features that added value to how I use it. I wish you could filter search results better, gain better snapshots of individual outreach performance from the overall list, and create news searches based on specific media lists, to name a few.

Also, beware of their contract because there is an autorenewal clause no matter if your account rep has reached out to you beforehand or not. Make a note on your calendar ahead of time so that charge doesnt come as a surprise or ask them to remove it from your contract.

Martin
Martin
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 1.9.2018

A Product in Development

Meltwater is providing excellent support and their media data and reporting seems to be very reliable. We have been able to use it to make some very productive media in-roads. The software seems to be underdeveloped but hopefully they will continue to add the features needed to make it a mainstream offering.

Meltwater is easy to use and their employees pay a lot of attention to you as a client. Especially in the set-up stages, they are very attentive and schedule their follow-up effectively. The basic tools are adequate and their data seems to be reliable.

The platform for Meltwater seems to be very immature in terms of its development. It can send newsletters but you get almost NO functionality on analytics or member tracking. Like all other SaaS companies, everything is an add-on and it is not always easy to determine what you get for the price you are being quotes. The software simply feels rudimentary in design and immature in implementation.

Bewertet am 5.2.2019

High level and getting better

Meltwater is aquiring a lot of new companies which is giving their platform more functionality every day. It is not perfect when it comes to social platform API's and I tend to not trust the numbers but it is improving.

I tend to find a lot of errors within my social media reporting. My account rep has said its due to the restrictive api's of the social platforms which I understand. However, it makes social scheduling difficult as I have to use multiple platforms to schedule posts.

• Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Bewertet am 1.6.2022

Deceptive & Unprofessional

Found that Meltwater wasn't really "right" for my company and had no intention of renewing our contract after one year. I stated this when I got the renewal invoice and was told that I had to put it in writing 60 days prior to the auto-renewal in order to cancel the contract. This is not mentioned anywhere in the contract...instead, there is a link in the contract that you need to go to and read through in order to find this. Months of back and forth and threats of legal action later and I still have to pay an obscene amount of money to no longer use these services. They are unethical and deceptive, as others have said. I would not recommend using their services.

I liked that I could find mentions of my company easily.

Articles were repeated multiple times, so really did not give an accurate representation of the writings.

Gaurav
  • Branche: Onlinemedien

Bewertet am 14.2.2017

An awesome Social Media Listening tool for Twitter

I have been using Sysomos for almost 2 years and it has never failed to surprise me. The tool is fun to work with Twitter data however it lags when we are looking for Facebook, Blogs, Forums and Instagram mentions.
The tool is good for realtime campaign monitoring.
Downside: The customer support is not that responsive when you encounter any issue with tool like data lapse etc.

Overall it is good product when your prime focus is to monitor Twitter conversations on web.

1. Strong Twitter Monitoring
2. Effective Real Time Tracking

1. Poor customer support
2. Not so good traditional media tracking

Erica
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

Bewertet am 24.8.2022

Customer team is nice, but tool didn't meet our needs

Meltwater is an easy tool to present to a team that doesn't have media monitoring experience. However, when you have a team moving at a fast pace that needs a reliable tool, this doesn't quite meet the mark. There was a lot of extra work our team had to do that the tool should have been able to.

The integration of media database and monitoring was a plus.

The platform interface was difficult to interact with. The data was often lacking, both because of the publications missing from the tool as well as the way metrics were presented.

Emily
Emily

Bewertet am 12.3.2018

Affordable but over hyped and not suitable for a large company

I worked for a large automotive company and moved from NetBase to Sysomos due to cost and ease of use. Sysomos is certainly easy to use and fulfills the basic needs of a small to medium size business - I don't think it's ideal if you have to dive into analytics and provide in depth numbers. If that's the case, Sysomos is not for you.

I found that Sysomos wasn't delivering the analytics that execs were looking for and there was a lot of manual work that went into it.

The content planning side of the software seemed promising until I had to use it daily and dealt with glitches of the screen freezing or not being able to scroll up/down. When presenting content to client and using Sysomos, I was embarrassed.

Training was not great, there were so many things he missed out on and we found out later on that we were not using the software to it's absolute fullest due to poor training.

• Branche: Internet
  • Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 9.4.2018

Good system for long time users, better software is now available for the price

Enhanced view into what real people are saying about a given topic

Sysomos has historically been a top choice for major brands -- especially in the early days of social listening. They were an earlier provider of advanced listening software that offered a lot of functionality to help forward thinking brands finally make sense of how social media conversations could help them market better. Even today, they have a wide range of features that, at least partially, integrate together

They've lost a few steps over the last 3-4 years. Couple a piecemeal corporate history (acquired by PRnewswire, then spun off as an independent operating entity) with an acquisition-based strategy for refreshing their product set and your left with a somewhat integrated grouping of product offerings from messaging to on-demand search to ongoing listening that, in theory, could help you centralize social media operations with a single vendor. In practice, none of their standalone solutions would survive alone in the wild against more agile, innovative competition. Even full-suite users find data consistency challenges continuing to surface alongside a continued requirement to separately log into several distinct solutions

Ryan
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 20.10.2020

Great product that does just about everything for you!

I had it at a previous employer and I needed to get it at my new company as it is that important of a tool to help me stay ahead of what is going on each day in our market.

Super easy to use; mobile and desk top; can set auto-alerts

The price is a little high; setting up the searches was fairly tedious but they help you through it.

Antwort von Meltwater

Ryan, your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let us and other professionals know about your positive experience.

Beantwortet am 2.11.2020
Enes
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 10.6.2022

Meltwater Review

Thanks to its reporting and analysis, I can create a strategy for myself by looking at the data and this application is free. Fantastic!

The application is not fast enough and there are delays.

Courtney
Courtney
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Bewertet am 4.8.2019

Easy Contact Lists

Great option for press release distribution. I like being able to create targeted media lists and scheduling releases.

I like how easy it is to gather lists of relevant media in my area and field. Depending on who I want to target I am able to modify a list and make sure my release and information is reaching the right group of people.

My only cons come from the other side of the software. I receive a fair number of releases that aren't relevant to what I cover. It isn't a software error, it is user error with people not knowing how to create their lists.

Deborah
Deborah
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 3.2.2019

Awesome PR and social media tracking

Used this to track client placements, as well as find contact details for reporters / editors. Easy to navigate, and our team could easily customize the specific dashboards.

Definitely can need some training to get up and working. We had our account managers come in to train up the team.

Felix Daniel
Felix Daniel
  • Branche: Internet
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bewertet am 30.7.2023

An essential tool for driving success on social media.

The ability to combine data from different channels is great and getting detailed reports has also been a big plus.

I really like this platform, it's easy to use and it allows me to get valuable information about the performance of my campaigns and better understand my audience.

Well the price can be quite high for some businesses or independent professionals.

• Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

Bewertet am 28.4.2022

Meltwater review

Meltwater collects media information for me

I personally haven't had any issues with meltwater

Ana
Ana
  • Branche: Unterhaltungselektronik
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 3.8.2022

Great article filtering for PR!

The filtering of relevant articles is unmatched by competitors. Also able to track multiple brands in the same account.

The report dashboard isn't as intuitive as I would like. There are lot of analytics that can be done but a bit difficult to set up exactly as I wanted the data to present.

Serenity
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 28.10.2019

Affordable, but terrible customer service and sales overpromises/underlivers

Once I signed my contract, it took several weeks to even get a login. The payment terms I had negotiated were also thrown out the window. I like the idea of Meltwater, but I don't like the dishonesty and disorganization of the company nor do I like being deceived - maybe this is why it's so cheap.

Meltwater does the bare minimum of what you need it to do for media monitoring and reporting. The price is pretty low so in budget.

Sales and customer service are not high quality

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 17.10.2018

Nice platform, not worth the money for my uses

Nice company, cares about their customers- but they have no true success garuntees.

It was fairly easy to use. I had a few training very light sessions and was able to figure out the rest after that. Also, the account managers are very personable and smart.

There is no guarantee that their database of writers will pick up your story, no matter how granular you get with your target list. I tried posting multiple articles that were about community service and one writer replied that they "might" look into it further. Even with AM's help, I wasn't able to hook a writer.

Rafe
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 16.5.2019

Easy and fast to track down journalists, pitch them, and increase the possibility of media...

MW delivers better functionality than Cision and also allows me to work faster and more effectively

MW is quick and simple to figure out, and if there's a glitch, their chat feature can address your issue within minutes!

It would be great if I'd be able to organize and divide long lists of results for targeted journalist searches into shorter sub lists.

Ron
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bewertet am 3.12.2020

Meltwater Review

Overall, this was a great platform to use to better realize a fully encompassing social strategy: Social Media management, increased responsiveness, better reporting, and the previously mentioned social listening!

The social listening component of this management platform is top notch, as it allowed for us to search out mentions of our company (good or bad) on social without having been specifically tagged. That's great!

Frankly, the cost was a little on the higher-end for organizations that do not have a lot of extra budget for social media management and analytics.

91 Bewertungen