Mindbody Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Mindbody

Mindbody ist eine cloudbasierte Clubmanagement- und Terminplanungslösung, die auf die Bedürfnisse kleiner und mittelständischer Unternehmen zugeschnitten ist. Das Produkt wird in erster Linie von Fitnessstudios, Fitnesscentern,...

3,6

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 25.4.2023

Einfach und flexibel Software

Mindbody ist eine einfache Software und übersichtlich

Ich finde, dass der Software einfach TOP ist. Sehr einfach zu nutzen und man kann Ihre Zeit richtig gut organisieren

Die einzige Nachteile, die ich gefunden habe, dass der Software nicht genug möglichkeiten für individuelle Training.

Robin
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 27.9.2022

Laut unserem Kunden die bisher beste Software für die Online Terminvergabe

Von der Terminerstellung über die Buchung bis hin zur Zahlung reibungsloser Verlauf

Mehr individuelle Designmöglichkeiten wären zwecks Anpassung schön

Emily
Emily
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

MindBody is almost all the software you need for a gym or studio

Overall, MindBody is great and I don't think I've even used half of the features after several years of regular use. There is a way to do anything, and tech always provides good help.

There is a wide variety of ways that you can structure contracts and payments. The feature that allows you to attach PDF documents to each client helps towards operating in a more paperless manner.

Refunds and returns are a bit confusing. The product could also be improved with a better attendance system. They should improve the attendance feature. The sign in app apparently doesn't work and we have used a different sign in software.

Die besten Alternativen zu Mindbody

Jessica
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Bewertet am 7.5.2024

Mindbody Staff

Easy to use and easy to change things. Also schedule online is easy.

There are 5 different ways to do the same thing.

mylissa
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Bewertet am 8.3.2024

top of the line

The most efficient booking website. Customer Service was super helpful, quick and precise.. Let’s not forget express booking, truly the icing on the cake.

This has been a life saver when it comes to booking !!!! Super easy to use

This is one software dont believe has any cons

Edward
  • Branche: Musik

Bewertet am 11.3.2021

No Longer Suitable for Music Teacher; Expensive for Small Businesses

I have used MindBody for nearly 15 years, both as an administrator and staff/user, and I used to work in software. I used to love them and, early on, I would frequently recommend them to colleagues - the deployment phase was exceptional.

However, they are not the company them once were - nor is their software as attractive, simple to use, or innovative as it used to be. The user-interface is very tired-looking, they are focused on up-selling to bigger clients who can afford and ignoring the smaller clients of which I am one. (Their costs are £100-450pcm basic, plus an additional £199 pcm for an almost essential mobile app, which puts it well out of range for a small business.

Probably, importantly, the functionality is also possibly geared around larger yoga, hair-salons, gyms, etc. I am a music teacher. I think it's time I looked at a more tailored music teaching option.

Excellent support at deployment stage; good customer service response times; very friendly staff; used to be market leaders; possibly good functionality but only available at premiums packages

Old-fashioned user-interface (very web v.1); very expensive; limited functionality compared to competition (good functionality only available at premiums packages); current business model seems to be selling 'tailored' mobile apps at £199 pcm, which we all know is off-the-shelf code painted a different colour and without enough modifiable options to justify the expense).

No longer market leaders; unaware of competition; mixed staff knowledge (their recent expansion means too many employees have severely limited knowledge, and I frequently get passed around 'experts' or stuck re-explaining my issues).

Acuity Scheduling

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mindbody

I chose MindBody 10 years ago when there weren't many better alternatives or industry-specific alternatives. There now are considerable options for music teaching software so I fear I must bid MindBody goodbye...
Agatha
  • Branche: Maschinerie

Bewertet am 26.3.2024

Best Scheduling Solution For Mindbody

With Mindbody, handling reservations and business scheduling.
It is affordable and smooth while using.

No problems with Mindbody. It is an amazing solution.

Ja'Keya

Bewertet am 20.5.2024

THE MOST MOTIVATIONAL

OVERALL AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!! Will continue to use.

What I love most about this app is the way it keeps me accountable with my fitness. The motivation is outstanding!!!

I don't have anything bad to say about this app.

Lina
  • Branche: Hausmeisterservice

Bewertet am 12.11.2023

Poor service, overpriced, don’t use them

Poor, very poor. In fact how this company is handling Client cancellation is so bad I question if it is even legal.

Biggest name. Expensive with huge amount of functions one does not know what to do with.

Over Pericles, 3-3.5 times the price of competition.
Poor admin support, you get everyone answering your questions without reading into any previous email exchange.
Extensive function but don’t offer the most basic one like sending an automatic payment receipt (invoice) to clients. “Sorry you need to do this manually” not for $470/month, I won’t be.
Impossible to cancel omg, they make you run around like crazy just for a cancellation. If you need to give 30 days notice to cancel, you will need another 30 days on top at least to get through the number of useless emails they keep sending you and the number of security questions they ask is more than a bank would.

Rebecca
  • Branche: Darstellende Künste

Bewertet am 23.10.2023

A good system that did not work as well for Canadian clients

Customer service was very good. We were able to easily put in our schedules and see the overall picture of our enrollment structure. Tracking clients was well done.

Mindbody at the time of our usage did not allow for online registration for clients, payment systems for Canadians not the ability for our clients to have a portal into their accounts to make changes and access information. It was very rudementary in its design. As such we changed systems entirely for ease of business.

Mitchell
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 11.3.2024

Perfect Fitness Scheduler

It was a very easy to use app and has what you need - schedule, account info, able to book directly on the app.

You need a separate mind body account for each of the venders.

Ryan

Bewertet am 10.12.2020

Way too expensive for what you get. Currently the online booking App displays doesn't work

Not great. I have reached out to support twice in the past month regarding the issue with the App showing all the wrong appointment times and patients being unable to book. As this is the primary function of the software (and 5 times more expensive than my last software) I told them I need to get out of my contract so I can get a product that works, and they so far refuse, Even though they admit the App is broken. Their response is they can just remove my business from the App. (I pay for this, I want the features.)

It also often takes Support several days to respond to support requests, which is very frustrating when you're having a issue.

This Software is definitely not worth the $260 a month. I was paying $50 for Acuity and it was a better product, and I will be switching back as soon as I can get out of this contract.

It has a lot of features if you are able to figure out the quirks of the software. The Mindbody App can be really nice, (but right now mine is broken and is limiting the ability for patients to schedule.)

First off, there is no trial period or Demo that allows you to play with the software and soft launch for you to test to make sure it works for your application, and they force a 12 month subscription. A lot of things they told me the software could do, that it does not in fact do. I learned the hard way that this system is geared much more towards classes and not services. A lot of features I was told to work are things like the waiting list feature, but that is only for classes. (it was a huge reason why I picked the software.)

The software can be really clunky and is way too finicky. I have used 4 or 5 different booking platforms in the past and this by far is the least user friendly.

The services widgets that go on the website are nowhere near as modern looking as the class widgets, the widget on my website looks like it came straight out of Windows 95, which on a nice designed website looks terrible.

The biggest issue, that has apparently been going on for more than a month is that the Iphone App apparently has a bug that has caused my office's availability to show completely wrong times to book. When I log in under the patient app it shows times available for booking that I am not even in the office for. When a patient goes to book one of those times a error pops up. I had several patients reach out to me for a matter of weeks telling me they were having issues booking which I thought was user error but Mindbody confirmed it is on their end.

Jae
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Bewertet am 23.5.2024

Such a good product

This is great for scheduling appointments - so easy to use

This is super easy to use, i have no complaints!!

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Bau
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bewertet am 22.5.2024

Great product! Thank you guys?!?

The ease of use when I'm moving around. Scheduling is so nice

I'm not the biggest fan of the pricing but it's worth it I think

Kurt
Kurt
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 4.12.2019

MindBody for Small Gym

Scheduling calendar is simple, intuitive and the drag & drop feature is priceless!
MindBody is a One Stop Shop for a small, service oriented business and it can easily be expanded as the company grows.

Easy to use, very intuitive. Set up took almost no time at all.
MindBody allows me to schedule Personal Training Sessions and Group Training Sessions, deal with Point of Sale transactions and even track inventory.
The software is flexible enough to handle multiple users and expand when needed.
The software will also take into account independent contractors.
Most functions are very user friendly and mistakes are easy to correct.

I use MindBody to process my merchant services and processing transactions over a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, can result in a longer than expected delay before the bank receives the funds.
It can take time to put together information for sales tax, most of my business, 95%, is service related.
All transactions are recorded, it's just a matter of remembering which questions to ask to get the correct answer.

Zendesk Suite

Warum Mindbody gewählt wurde

RhinoFit didn't have the flexibility I needed and wasn't as intuitive
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Bewertet am 4.4.2020

MindBody for Music Schools

Studio automation is always a plus - if you haven't used Auto-Pay, you should really try it. Automated emails are really the best part. For us, it's slow, kind of clunky, and doesn't fit our needs as well as we had hoped. Them withholding our money was definitely the main impetus for our disillusionment.

Integrated billing/scheduling/contractor & staff payroll. Automated email messaging. Automated customer billing. A large variety of services thought to improve retention and conversion. Tech support is very knowledgeable, professional and helpful.

We've been using MB for over 7 years. It was affordable when we started, but has continued to increase in cost. It is now very expensive, by comparison to other offerings. The billing system is extremely complicated to set up and is difficult to train. It's really built for yoga studios, etc., and is not a good solution for music schools. The vast majority of the add-on products they promote are not useful to those that only book recurring appointments, like music schools do. They seem to be designed for pushing individual appointment booking, which is the opposite of what we need. There are constant "improvements" which always add more page loads - when we first started, you could go to any page on the site within 2 clicks. The daily tasks you need are now, all, at least 3 page loads away, if not more. In other words, their improvements always slow us down and don't add any value that we can perceive. The reason we're going to move to something else was cemented this week: On Apr. 1 our Auto-Pays ran like normal. On Apr. 2 they sent us an email informing us that 20% of what they owed us was being held to protect our clients due to changes from the COVID-19 pandemic. We were left scrambling for cash to cover checks we had already written. There was no warning that they were going to short us. They claimed that the "entire processing industry" was doing this, but I can find no evidence that that is true. It looks like they were holding back our money to protect themselves.

• Branche: Einzelhandel

Bewertet am 10.12.2020

LIGHTYEARS BEHIND THE COMPETITION

My experience was $500 per month at two locations of nigthmares, frustration, and apologies for clients. I truly should have left them years ago, but don't like making clients switch POS systems more than once in 5 years, and I should have just done it sooner.

The only thing good about this software is the App on the customer facing side.

Customer Service, Pricing, Poor Interface, Difficult to Set Up.

Fresha

Warum Mindbody gewählt wurde

Booker was even worse... an easy bar to exceed.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mindbody

I left Mindbody for Fresha, and it's the best software I have used by a mile. Not only is the App smooth, defect free, attractive, and intuitive, it was also HUNDREDS of dollars a month CHEAPER! I honestly cannot say enough good things about Fresha. They continue to innovate and work within the beauty and hair industry to make the best product. Boulevard is a new up and comer, but even that I tried is far behind Fresha in value.
Phillipe

Bewertet am 30.11.2023

Terrible product w/ terrible customer service

It couldn’t be worse and I feel trapped because moving 1,100 customers to a new product is close to impossible.

There is one guy, [sensitive content hidden] that works for MBO who’s helpful. Everyone else at MindBody has no idea how to operate or provide guidance on their own product

I’ve used MBO for years and it is the bane of our existence. Monthly memento based Martial Arts and Fitness gyms are in dire need of a better product.

Stephanie

Bewertet am 12.9.2019

MindBody Software is Mostly Great

Honestly, software is software these days. But my experience with MindBody is that the team of people they have behind the scenes is absolutely phenomenal. They just put on the most amazing in person event called Bold, and I was so impressed I already bought my ticket for next year. They also do a yearly training on their software called MindBody University, and I have heard great things. I'm hoping that once I attend, I will fall in love with the software as much as I have with the people.

It has a lot of features that I need to run my business, like reports, memberships, and online booking for clients.

I do not find it intuitive, and sometimes it's glitchy and inconsistent.

Vagaro

Warum Mindbody gewählt wurde

I needed more functionality than it provided. Honestly, I also tried Booker, Full Slate, and Massage Book.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mindbody

It came recommended from my mentor.
William
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 5.9.2018

MindBody is on its way to becoming something great.

My overall experience with Mindbody business management has been well. Customer service is really good, each department I speak with is very helpful and informative. However, I would like to see Mindbody have a department or a program that allows businesses to collaborate with the MindBody software team, to help improve the software and help the Mindbody software team understands the types of software tools different business would need.

I consider MindBody on the computer, and a mobile device two different software experiences. What I enjoy the most about MindBody on the computer, is the ability to resize the window, which allows you to control the amount of information on the screen. What I like most about the MindBody software on a mobile device is the ease of use, and straight to the point UI.

What I like least about the MindBody software on the computer is the outdated feel and UI. Some menus feel cluttered, while other menus are mostly blank and could contain more information or a drop-down menu and some tabs feel hidden too. A lot of our staff members state that they can not understand the software at first glance and have a difficult time navigating the UI. Simply put, the software should be as easy as, I want to do A, B and C, and should be able to not have to dig through tabs and menus to do it.

Another thing I like least about the software is location management. Our business has two locations using Mindbody, and there is not an easy eay to switch between both accounts, without having to completely log out of the account and log back into the other one.

What I like least about the MindBody software on a mobile device, is the business app, it can sometimes look outdated as well. The schedule tab in day view looks cluttered at first glance. The client tab is mostly blank when it could have a "most recently added" tab, or "clients that checked in today" or "Clients that checked in this week" tab.

Bewertet am 7.10.2016

Big Company - Doesn't care about you

When you sign up you'll be promised the moon and stars. Then you'll get 1-2 support calls per week and you'll see many of those claims retracted. If your support guy is good (I had one good call) this is enough to get you up and running. Unfortunately mine was not. It was "click here, type this, go back to this screen and click here" and then at exactly 45 minutes our call is ended until the next one. No explanation of the system just blind instructions. This went on for 2 months! At some point he was telling me "You're ready to go" when in fact all I'd been doing was following his instructions and still didn't get any explanation on how to use it with clients. The final straw was when I couldn't get the app working on an android device and then told they don't support all android devices (sales rep promised 'it will run on any android device'). In maddening frustration by that point, I left and asked for a refund but was told "we have a no refund policy". I later realised by myself that a different app is used for business (nobody in support pointed this out when I brought up the compatibility issue). I'd already bought all the hardware and cards for the barcode scanning function so tried to clear the air and take a share of blame, then suggested if someone on their end can just explain how to use that feature I'd continue with mindbody. They ignored that and are completely ignoring all of my emails now (even though I'm still in the middle of a paid month). Do not go near these guys, they will take your money and drop you if you are too much work. There is no trial period and their legally dubious 'no refund policy' means you will never get your money back if something goes wrong. You will feel like a tiny cog to a big company and if you don't like how the system works, tough!

To review the software itself, it has lots of features but you'll only need a fraction of them. The reason is that they try to cover such a wide range of businesses - from gyms to hair dressers. So the backend has a ton of menus and unfamiliar terminologies, and a significant learning curve to get up and running. This would be manageable, but see my review above regarding support. If you want to drive desk staff mad, and make them harder to train and replace, then this is a good way to do it.

I would recommend you shop around for a better alternative to this. Mindbody is a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none. Goteamup or Glofox were much better alternatives I evaluated

- If most of your business is direct debit based, and if you can get your customers into their paysafe (netbanx) system, then the transaction charges seem competitive (plus an extra monthly fee).
- There are lots of features
- It has a custom app that looks pretty

- The app will also advertise any of your competitors on mindbody when people look for you
- You feel like you are dealing with a big company that doesn't ultimately care about you or your business, just your money
- Legally dubious "No Refund" policy will be enforced regardless of the reason you ask. Contact your consumer ombudsman if they try this
- Inflexible back end - jack of all trades approach

Lauren

Bewertet am 8.8.2019

Excellent at providing options, but slightly over-complicated

Overall, this product is a good solution for any gym or membership based company. I have not been able to find an option out there that has as many capabilities as Mindbody does, so I've chosen to stick with it. While it does have some inconveniences, it is a very reliable flexible software, which at the end of the day is the most important thing anyway.

The sheer range of things this program can do is extremely impressive. Having just one program that can do so much is a huge plus in terms of simplicity and frugality. Specifically, it is very nice to have a POS, scheduling software, and online booking all in one. You can have two computers set up at your gym that can handle everything. Extremely convenient.

Customer service is pretty good. I never had to wait on hold for longer than a few minutes. Sometimes the help takes longer than seems necessary and is difficult to follow, but I think that is more than fault of this somewhat convoluted software than the actual customer service itself.

The software is easily accessible from anywhere. Surprisingly, their mobile platform is actually pretty good!

The main Con in a word is Convoluted. Everything is multiple steps, navigating the software can be difficult, and the layout is not intuitive in the slightest. I strongly dread training new employees on this software. It usually takes me about two hours just to go through everything with them...It's a headache. Like anything else, it's not too bad once you learn it, but learning it is not fun.

The POS is a little clunky. Processing is a bit slow- this was an issue even on a new computer. At my former employer, we actually ended up buying a different POS because we were so tired of putting up with the one built I to Mindbody. We still used the Mindbody one for class and competition registrations, but everything else (open gym admissions, merchandise, snacks, and drinks) went through the other system.

Gina

Bewertet am 7.7.2020

Mindbody post virus apocalypse

In normal times, mb while not perfect is worth the expense. There are a lot of features and you used to be able to call them 24/7. But in the world of covid, it's too expensive and it's even harder to access customer service, the hours are limited and the wait times very long. We put our mb account on hold- which costs $50 a month- you can actually get software for that amount. Pre-covid rating is 4 and now it's a 3

Before the virus hit, I loved Mindbody. The high monthly fee was worth the expense because the software automatically links up with 3rd party vendors like Class Pass and gym pass. Plus nearly every studio is using this software so it's easy to pick up traveling clients or sales via their dynamic pricing option. In short, the subscription is super high but in normal times you get a lot of it in return. This is not the case at the moment. They did offer 1 month subscription relief and 2 if you commit to 2 years but I don't know if we will make it? Most of the support staff is super friendly and helpful.

Given it's many features, the software is sophisticated and not easy to use. Could never figure out the private yoga feature or how to show the studio was being rented so for us not to be able to do this - it was very expensive. Also we were one of the first studios to live stream so we got set up prior =however not all mb reps could accurately advise how to set up. We paid for adverting on fb and google, got many clicks and zero conversions- people kept getting tripped up in mb. A survey indicated over 30% of users had a hard time booking, paying for or accessing live stream classes on mb. I literally spent all day every day troubleshooting with mb reps, instructors and clients. I wonder ho many people we lost that got turned off? We decided to move our live stream and on demand off he platform.

Todd

Bewertet am 13.9.2017

Stay FAR FAR away, Customer Support and Sales is a joke

The only pro I can think of is the integrated merchant processing. Even then it's not really a pro because if you want to use another processor it's not gonna happen.

Work Item 506732 - [Public API][Verified][GetClientServices][Business App] Unable to check out appointments with services that are associated with a service category relationship

This issue was first reported to Mindbody on July 31st and to-date nothing has been done to resolve it. We continuously call and email the company to only be told the following and I quote "Compensation: We discussed our Terms of Service, and how they do not grant compensation for work items such as these. The compensation you were given was related to your experience, and not associated in anyway with a loss of revenue, or increase in cost associated with this work item. Because you have already been compensated for your experience with this issue, there will be no additional or ongoing compensation applied to your account.
Internal Communication: I have reached out to our Developers for the most current information about this issue that they can provide to us. When they reply to me, I can relay that information to you. You will also be proactively notified via email when the issue is resolved."

This is fine and all but Mindbody will not sit here and continue to charge us full price for less than half of a product. Literally when teachers cannot check out lessons properly the system doesn't know to bill for the lessons. That means an overall decrease in revenue and a break down of the billing system.

Antwort von Mindbody

Hi Todd,

Thank you for sharing your experience with MINDBODY. Our development team has been making changes to the features that are impacted by the issue that you are experiencing and are working towards a solution to the work item. In the interim, our support team is available to assist you if you want additional updates, or you can reply to the email you received from our Tech Support Team Lead earlier this week.

Beantwortet am 14.9.2017
Patricia

Bewertet am 1.3.2018

HORRIBLE Company, TERRIBLE Software, NASTY Customer Support

Nothing. I'm only using it now because I have 10 years worth of data and setup. I'll bail as soon as another company offers a data migration tool.

MindBody has is a despicable and and unethical company. Recently removing features that were available in the essentials version before creating a "Pro" version to extort existing customers to pay double the cost.

This company is trying to force people to upgrade by removing features that already existed in our current version. Features that made our jobs as studio owners a bit easier so we could use our resources elsewhere, like running our businesses.

Honestly, this company is the WORST. If they had any integrity or valued their customers at all they could have at least grandfathered in those features for businesses like myself that have been using their software for TEN+ YEARS instead of using sleazy extortion tactics to try to force us to pay for a version of software with features we don't need or will ever use.

I'm roped in already, but I'm dumping this company the second one of their competitors realizes the opportunity and cleans up their glitches and offers a migration tool for our data. In the meantime, anyone starting a new studio who's shopping for software should STAY AWAY from MindBody Online.

Antwort von Mindbody

Hi Patty,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We looked into your records with us and can see that last contacted our team on February 8 and the agent provided you with information on how to fix some of the changes in your software, including pricing options and staff permissions.

If you did not receive that information, please let us know and we can resend it to you. If you have additional concerns, you can also reach us at [email protected]

Beantwortet am 6.3.2018