Wave Accounting Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Wave Accounting

Was ist Wave Accounting? Wave Accounting, Teil der Wave-Suite von Finanzprodukten, ist eine webbasierte Buchhaltungsplattform, die kleinen Unternehmen dabei hilft, ihre Einnahmen, Ausgaben, Zahlungen und Rechnungen zu...

4,7
4,3
4,0

Nutzerbewertungen zu Wave Accounting durchsuchen

1.518 von 1.518 Bewertungen
Henry
Henry

Bewertet am 23.9.2021

Excellent for freelancers and small businesses

Extremely positive. In 3+ years I don't think I've had to contact support once, nor have I ever considered switching to other tools. It is one of the few software tools I use regularly where I am happy to open it, and I'm happy to give them their percentage.

As a freelancer, Wave has been indispensable to me. Always simple and smooth, and exceptional bang for the buck. Not only would I recommend Wave to freelancers and small businesses, I have recommended it. Numerous times.

Wave is ideal for freelancers. Set up is really simple and the interface is user-friendly. I have zero background in financial matters, and with Wave that's totally fine.

The price is also right. There's no subscription or hidden fees, they just take a perfectly reasonable percentage from invoice payments. I asked a financial advisor friend of mine before signing up, and she was pleasantly surprised by the low rates, and told me to go for it. I've been using Wave for over 3 years, and I have never once been hit with a fee outside of the basic rates.

Wave also provides a host of reporting and tracking tools in this basic account. They didn't influence my decision to sign up, but they've proven to be very useful.

And finally a small but really helpful feature, especially if you're a freelancer just starting out: immediate money transfers. Once someone pays your invoice, the money is in Wave, and takes 2-3 days to transfer. For 1% more payment, you can transfer money within minutes. For the cash-strapped freelancer, that can be mana from heaven.

There are no major cons that I can think of. One issue I have is mostly my fault: When I first started using Wave I didn't know what I was doing, and I ended up creating a whole bunch of client and work type records unnecessarily. It would be nice if there were some more in-your-face tutorials, maybe some hover tips for new users. But the messiness is mainly from me leaping in before looking.

Quickbooks Online und Zoho Expense

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

It was the cheapest option, and the most user-friendly looking. I have no background in finance and didn't want complex features built for accountants - Wave has those features, but only if you want them.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Bewertet am 24.6.2023

Grea, free, and built for Canadians

I always recommend Wave for new businesses.

first.. it is free. Hard to beat having a free accounting software, let alone one this useful.It can connect right to your bank account (if you have a good bank)invoicing is super easy and includes tracking so you know if invoices have been viewed

Nothing you can really complain about.Support is almost non-existent, but you're not paying for it and the help docs are decent enough.could be more customizable, but it is accounting software... it doesn't need to be fancy.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

simply put.. it did what I needed without too much hassle and all for free.
Carlos
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Bewertet am 18.1.2024

Ride the Wave of simplicity for Small Business Accounting

Wave account was my only choice when I realized how simple it was to do everything from my phone or tablet. No need to log into laptop or computer

Love how simple it is to setup and manage from anywhere, especially my phone

They recently shuttered their banking option, just when I was getting used to it

HoneyBook und Xero

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

The most robust system for staying mobile

Die besten Alternativen zu Wave Accounting

Samantha
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Bewertet am 1.6.2022

Not enough features and virtually NO customer support

It was fine when we had one part-time employee. But for all the real-life scenarios that pop up when you have full-time employees, it's useless. The customer service is also super disappointing and unhelpful. We only use it for payroll, which should not require much in terms of software so I can't imagine trying to use it for accounting.

I like how easy it was to set-up--that process was straightforward and the interface initially was easy to understand. Unfortunately as we needed to do more after adding a full-time employee, it proved impossible to work with or use.

For payroll you have no options, and even when they recognize this, they don't provide a solution. A good example--we had an employee who had maxed out her vacation hours, but we agreed to let her take a few unpaid vacation days. There was no way for us to do this within Wave (you get paid vacation time or nothing). I chatted and even emailed with various representatives--all of which were super unhelpful, and we ended up wasting a lot of time before just being told this isn't an option. That's another huge con--there is virtually no support. The chat bot is not only unhelpful, but real agents are usually unavailable or there's a 20+ minute wait. The system is also not improving like I'd expect. I was notified today that my card declined for some reason so I followed the instructions that Wave emailed me to try to fix it, and it's like someone wrote them without looking at Wave's website because none of the instructions match. Not only is there not a change payment button but there's a Q/A at the end of the page where a user specifically asked this question, and there's no answer! I kick myself for picking this software, and we're in the process of moving to Gusto right now.

Janet
  • Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 10.11.2023

Easy to Use Online Invoicing - No Monthly Fee

No monthly fees just the fee to process the online transaction.

No telephone number for customer support just a chatbot.

Christina
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 27.8.2023

Great free software

This is an awesome free alternative to quickbooks. It’s not quite as polished but worth the money I’m saving.

I switched from Quickbooks which god a bit expensive for me. This is a very cheap alternative which is easy to use. I was able to connect my banks and credit cards pretty easily.

I don’t like that I am unable to push a bank sync so sometimes I have to just wait. I’m also bummed that mobile receipt scanning costs extra. I was unable to sync my square account but I can do all of my accounting without it and will just have to add my square fees later.

Meghan
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 27.10.2023

Finally! A software to recommend to very small businesses

I recommend Wave Apps for my small business clients that don't need a lot of integrations. I also have clients that use it for payroll and find it very easy.

I like that businesses with hardly any transactions can finally have an option without huge monthly subscription fees. I have several small clients or additional entities that don't necessarily need a whole subscription to a larger software and Wave Apps works great for them. My clients have found it easy to use as well.

It does not integrate with outside apps and POS systems. So if you want something that integrates with a lot of outside apps and software, this is not it.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro und Xero

Warum Wave Accounting gewählt wurde

QuickBooks Online prices continue to rise yearly, and their support is awful. It's hard to continue to recommend clients stay with a company whom they are continually unhappy with.

Angel
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 5.7.2023

Riding the Wave Accounting in Business

Using Wave Accounting the most important features we have used are the automated transaction categorization, bank reconciliation, multi-currency support, real-time financial reporting, tax calculation, and integration with payment processors and third-party apps for enhanced functionality.

The most liked part of is Real-time financial reporting as it provides up-to-date and accurate insights into a business's financial performance, allowing for informed decision-making and monitoring of key metrics.

Wave Accounting does not have advanced features that allow us to directly connect to other systems to import the data through an API instead of manual input.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Warum Wave Accounting gewählt wurde

Abila is not as user friendly and doesn't work very well with our flexible needs.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

Salesforce is very expensive and did not meet our budget and skills.
Sean
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 20.11.2023

Great free bookkeeping and invoicing

Amazing, highly recommend to small self employed businesses

Great free platform. Better than Quickbooks and costs less.

Banking integration doesn't always work. Would like the ability to pause recurring invoices.

Zina
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 15.2.2024

Great Product...Wouldn't Recommend It

I loved the product, but accepted a payment from a client they deemed, suspicious or fraudulent. As a result of that, they severely limited the features I could use on their product, which left me stranded and search of a new provider because I could no longer invoice or accept payments, which crippled my ability to do business. I could not transfer information from one system to the other and had to manually re-enter everything. They would not provide a reason for their flag, which left me with a very disgruntled client that I lost as a result of them not processing the payment and accusing the client of fraud. It was a very stressful experience, and I was very disappointed with the outcome.

The ease of use, they make billing and tracking payments seamless and easy.

Communication is poor when a problem arise. They can not offer detail explanations if they make a decision to reject or process a client payment.

Andi

Bewertet am 15.5.2019

Wave Shows Me the Money!

Before I used Wave, I was behind every month on my invoicing. I hated sending invoices, and I really, REALLY hated being the Collections person, asking my clients to pay their bills. Then I found Wave, and my whole life changed. I was able to get set up super quickly, connect to my bank, add my clients' contact information, and set up the template for my invoices. Now, I have "Monthly Invoicing" on my calendar, and it takes me about 15 minutes to handle the task (instead of 2 hours). My favorite emails are, "Congrats! You Got Paid!" from Wave. I feel fantastic!

Wave has absolutely changed my business for the better. It used to take me about 2 hours a month to do my invoicing, which I hated doing, and so I avoided it. Now, I handle monthly invoicing in about 15 minutes. Plus, as new clients come in or one-off projects are completed, I can send the invoices quickly—like 5 minutes. So ease of use is absolutely the first thing I love about Wave.

Second, as a small business owner, I am in charge of acquiring new clients, executing the work, invoicing for the work, and then acting as collections when clients are late in paying. With Wave, I check a simple box that sends reminders to the client when things are past due. What a relief! It's coming from "my accounting department" rather than me. Hallelujah!

Third, the payment process is so easy for my clients! They can pay any way they want—check, credit card, bank, whatever. It's so easy for them, and I have had zero complaints.

It's also fantastic to know when clients have (or haven't) viewed the invoice. And getting the emails from Wave announcing that I've been paid are the best emails of the day.

The fact that all of this amazingness is free? That's just the icing on the cake. Thank you, Wave!

My only issue with Wave is probably a rare use-case. I manage invoicing for a client of mine. (Side note: Wave made it SO EASY for me to be an admin of her account but not the manager, and I can log into my account to access hers. It is AWESOME!) She sells programs, and her clients generally pay in one invoice. Occasionally, her clients need to pay in installments. It was not easy to set up a recurring invoice for only three months to send to the client, especially without a credit card on file. I had to create three different invoices, and label them as Installment #1, #2, etc. However, I recognize that this is probably a one-off user scenario that not many people would need. And I can't complain when the tool is free, and I found a workaround.

Brooke
  • Branche: Design

Bewertet am 26.8.2020

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Wave no longer integrates with CapitalOne Spark Business Checking & Savings. CapitalOne is going through some changes so I don't blame Wave too much but manually uploading bank statements every month is a hassle. Though I love Spark, I'm hopefully that Wave's banking that is coming soon will be a good future solution. I love Wave for everything else. It's the most rounded and affordable solution for my small business finances.

It's everything I need in one place. As a small business, Wave is the best solution for me. I can invoice my clients for free, and easily keep my finances up-to-date making tax season worry free.

Wave no longer integrates with CapitalOne Spark Business accounts, so I have to manually upload two bank statements every month into Wave; One for my checking and one for my savings account, both of which are Spark.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise und Zoho Expense

Warum Wave Accounting gewählt wurde

Quickbooks is too expensive and more difficult to use. Wave is a miracle.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
  • Branche: Design

Bewertet am 5.8.2021

Awesome free accounting online software for your business that is super professional!

There is very little more I can ask for with Wave for my small business. It is free for the features I need and allows me to take only ACH or credit card payments with a reasonable fee and I only pay the fixed percentage when I use those features so I can just turn it off and get a check from a client and not pay anything. Great Flexibility!

Its free for small businesses that just need a good business accounting software! You can take ACH and CC payments if you want and turn them off on invoices you don't want it on. The rates are reasonable enough for using these services. The reports are easy enough for doing taxes. It's awesome and cheap for those that are one man shows or freelancers.

The thing that is the most annoying is when you want to do a recurring billing. It doesn't use something like Maintenance contract #1 then go to #2 or something like that it makes recurring billing invoice names that were the most recent of any invoices. Maybe I am not using it correctly, but each time I have to go and change invoice names then manually send it to the client.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

I originally chose Wave as it was free. Now I just love it and it works well for me so no reason to even look somewhere else.
Summer
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Bewertet am 6.8.2022

Wave has everything you need to run a small business

I LOVE this software. I have been using it without issue for 2 years + without issue and it has really helped me organize my business. I will definitely stay with them as long as I can

The best thing about WAVE is its ease of use. It was so easy to learn to use this. Additionally the invoices are really customizable. There is a huge amount you can do with just the free version but if you upgrade to the paid version you can access a lot more of the accounting features and payment features.

I like that for security reasons the software logs you out at the end of the day. The invoices look very professional and are downloadable and can be sent with a pdf attachment. When a partial payment is made you can send a receipt reflective of how much was paid, how, when and with how much balance left. The software will also alert me when a payment is overdue. You can also add tax and discounts to the invoices.

The only gripe I have is that when I made changes to the invoice parameters, I was unable to delete the old parameters because they had been used in previous invoices. It would be nice to be able to "inactivate" or send to "archive" these parameters.

Warum Wave Accounting gewählt wurde

This software is totally customizable, will send emails to clients automatically and has an accounting component. It is MUCH better and more professional than anything I could do with pages.

cost
Barbara
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Bewertet am 9.10.2022

We no longer accept Quickbooks clients after finding WAVE Accounting!

No matter what complaints we have, we 100% now use Wave Accounting. We no longer accept Quickbooks clients and encourage any nw client consultations to switch over. For every new start-up business we assist, we automatically set up a wave accounting software for them and help them sync their busienss bank accounts. We also assist former Quickbooks users to switch over and set everything up for them.

This software is 100% FREE to use! No gimmicks, no catches. I was skeptical when one of my clients told me he used this. I did NOT want to lean yet another accounting software, but once I logged in and found out how easy and streamlined this software was to use, I was 100% sold on it! The ONLY fees they charge are IF you decide to use their payroll (I highly advise AGAINST using their payroll, it needs an overhaul), or IF you use them for payment processing of invoices you send to clients. The fees for using their payment processing are similar to those of Square and Stripe and a small price to pay for the amazing software. I would encourage you to use their payment processing so this service can remain on the free billing platform with no monthly charges!

1) Reporting abilities are lackluster! No way to print "no receipts attached" reports for clients. 2) Sometimes has glitches. We will work in this software, then log in later and all of the work we did has disappeared. Major panic attacks more than once! Still having problems with one account in particular. If I log in on an incognito window, the work is there again (sometimes). 3) Payroll systems SUCKS. I do not recommend! Square payroll is our go-to! 4) Chart of accounts is OUTDATED and does NOT match Schedule C nor S-Corporation tax return expense line items. We should be able to customize a chart of accounts the way we want it and be able to copy/paste it into other client accounts 5) Accountant login is great except the list is not always alphatized correctly. We should be able to alphabetize and/or sort by PRIORITY account 6) Need an easier/quicker way to upload receipts

Warum Wave Accounting gewählt wurde

The EASE of use, the FREE software vs. the monthly expese of Quickbooks, How QUICK it is to reconcile monthly.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

Free software; easy to use; quick to learn; ease to reconcile; accountant login
Sutra
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus

Bewertet am 7.5.2020

Excellent for the start-up to small company!

So far it has been a good experience overall. I haven’t had any issues. I haven’t had very much interaction with customer service other than the initial consultation Coach and the vetting process situation.

Love this product because of the cost! Free! So many great tools that it offers to include invoicing. You can create all of your own products and services and include your terms & Conditions. Clients can pay directly from the invoice. You can get paid the same day if you attach your business card to your account. It has a payroll feature as well for an additional charge. I love the fact that the reporting is so simple and easy to read. I would highly recommend purchasing this set up package. It comes with consultations and assistance to work through all the process of setting up your account and different categories specific to your business. It was definitely worth the extra money spent. I also like the fact that there are apps available to send invoices if you are away from the office. Also, you can upload receipts directly from wherever you are by simply taking a picture and categorizing it on the spot. No more having to deal with Receipts in the shoebox LOL.

On the Invoicing I wish there was an option to add tipping. Our clients like to add a tips for our service and while Square offers this feature, Wave does not. There was a weird vetting process that nobody told me about and at first I thought it was a scam and I didn’t reply. But then I confirmed with the consultant I had been working with and they verified that this was in fact something that I had to go through. It seemed kind of sketchy at first, but it had validity with regards to the financial process.

Brad

Bewertet am 19.6.2020

Budget Friendly Accounting

Over the 7 years that I have been using Wave, I have watched it evolve into what it is today and am blown away by the features available at absolutely no cost. When I started out, the Free price tag saved me, but over time I expected to upgrade and pay for the service, but it never came. I get all the bells and whistles like everyone else, for nothing. So a big thank you to the Wave team for helping Small businesses across the world. (Love from South Africa)

Other than the fact that the software is free to use, I mostly love that it was built for Small Businesses. I Have personally made use of the software since 2013 and recommend it to every business owner that I come across. Most people think that you MUST pay for accounting software to get a good product but this is simply not the case with Wave!

It is difficult to fault this. I guess if anything, I wish it integrated with more platforms such as WooCommerce, and Zoho CRM. With the intergration I would be able to streamline my business process a little better.

• Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching

Bewertet am 6.4.2021

My go-to invoicing and accounting tool for my small business!

Nothing but amazing! I'm so glad I switched from Square for my invoice and payment processing.

It is so easy to use, and customized specifically for small business owners. I absolutely LOVE the invoice feature - it's the primary feature that I use - and it just works so well. My completed payments rate is 100% and I believe is at least in part due to how easy the process is to view/pay invoices.

Sometimes I wish the payment speed was faster after a client makes a payment, but then they introduced instant deposits and I'm happy to pay the small fee to get my money faster!

Square Payments und Stripe

Warum Wave Accounting gewählt wurde

Better fees, faster money and Wave is customized specifically for small business owners just like me.

Square Payments

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

The UX is so much better, less complicated and I can't say enough how much I like that Wave is designed specifically for small business owners and what matters to them.
Corinne

Bewertet am 7.12.2019

Satisfied daily user since 2015

I'm a sole proprietor of a service-based clinic, and I sell a very small amount of retail product (less than $500 per year). I use Wave to generate customer invoices, track payments, organize expense receipts, calculate taxes payable, and run reports. The app does allow for a "Personal" account which I do not currently use to my advantage but I plan to incorporate that into daily use next year to help keep better track of my overall financial situation.

Wave is free to use which makes it excellent for my small business. It has an app to facilitate easy upload of receipts for my expenses. Being cloud-based enables me to access my accounting from my clinic or my home office (or on the go) with ease in real-time. It syncs with my RBC account to import my transactions and is very user-friendly.
Customer service is friendly and responsive.

My complaints about this software are very minor. There is an option to "save and send" invoices by email with a single mouse click, but to print the invoices takes three clicks.
My other complaint is that there is no simple Customer Statement to print. The Customer Statement that is available shows every transaction posted, so for most of my clients there will be three entries for each visit to my clinic; one invoice date, one copay payment, and one insurance payment applied. I would prefer to be able to generate this statement showing a list which includes ONLY the invoice date and total amount charged.
They are very minor complaints. I am quite pleased with this product.

Thierno Sadou
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Bewertet am 15.2.2023

Wave Accounting Reviews: Simple and Effective Online Accounting Software for Small Businesses

Overall, Wave Accounting is a solid, free, and easy-to-use online accounting software for small businesses. It offers a full suite of features for managing accounting, including invoicing, payroll, expense and income tracking, and detailed financial reporting. The advantages of the software are its freeness, its ease of use, its completeness, its availability everywhere and its integration with third-party tools.However, there are drawbacks such as limited customer support, limited payroll management, limited document customization, no automatic bank reconciliation, and the presence of advertisements in the software. These limitations may not be suitable for all businesses, but they can be outweighed by the benefits of the software.Overall, Wave Accounting is a great choice for small businesses looking for free, full-featured accounting software with a user-friendly and intuitive interface. However, businesses that have more complex needs or require more customer support may need to seek a more advanced solution.

Wave Accounting is a great choice for small businesses looking for free, easy-to-use, and comprehensive accounting software. Here are some of its benefits:Free: Wave Accounting is free software, which is a big plus for small businesses looking to save money.Easy to use: the software is easy to use and does not require special accounting skills. The platform is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy to manage your finances.Comprehensive: Wave Accounting offers a full suite of features for managing accounting, including invoicing, payroll, expense and income tracking, and detailed financial reporting.Accessible anywhere: Wave Accounting is a cloud-based solution, which means you can access it anywhere with an internet connection.Integration with third parties: The software is integrated with many third-party tools such as PayPal, Shoeboxed, Etsy and many more, which makes it easier to manage your business.All in all, Wave Accounting is a great choice for small businesses looking for free, easy-to-use, and comprehensive accounting software.

Although Wave Accounting is a good choice for small businesses, there are some points that can be problematic for some businesses. Here are some of its drawbacks:Limited customer support: Wave Accounting offers email-only customer support, which can be a problem for businesses that need immediate assistance.Limitations in payroll management: Payroll management in Wave Accounting is limited to certain regions, which may not be suitable for companies that have employees in different regions or countries.Limited customization: Invoices and quotes in Wave Accounting are not very customizable, which can be a problem for companies that want to customize their documents to make them look more professional.No automatic bank reconciliation: Wave Accounting does not allow automatic bank reconciliation, which can be a cumbersome task for companies that have many transactions to manage.Advertising in the software: Wave Accounting displays advertisements in the software, which can be a distraction for some users.In sum, although Wave Accounting is free and easy to use accounting software, it has some limitations that may not be suitable for all businesses, including limited customer support, limited payroll management, limited document customization , the absence of automatic bank reconciliation and the presence of advertisements in the software.

Nate
Nate

Bewertet am 14.2.2016

Be aware!

Be aware!

Let’s get straight to it. No polishing, no lies.

Wave’s actual system is pretty good. If it “actually” worked…
One sad truth about this company that you’ll notice right away is that their servers or hosting is worse than blogs were in 1980. It is slow, freezes and crashes all the time. Way too annoying to work with on a daily basis for a professional company. Bottom line: the system is unreliable.

Moving along to the stuff that matters even more…

Customer service, honesty and professionalism. Uum, try again. You will not find any of that in this company. They clearly have no clue what it means to run a professional service.

Last week I processed two transactions. Both of them were more than 2 grand.
Keep in mind that i’m a new startup that needs my money right away, or at least when promised.

2 days go by and no money. Okay…. here we go again. I email Wave asking what’s the deal with the money.
I say “again” because I had the same thing with my first few small transactions. But then I thought it was only because I was a new customer so they had to confirm some details. (by details I mean force me to show them communications between me and my clients).

That same day I get an email from the department that deals with the money saying in fancy words that they are withholding my money for security reasons until they can confirm some details. Again they ask for communications and authorizations. (who do they think they are?)

I respond within 2 minutes with snapshots of communications and conversations straight from my client explaining who he is and that he authorized the payment.

a day or two goes by and nothing. You can imagine how angry I feel about now. Projects are on hold, business stops, Wave is running me into the ground….

Of course there is no one to talk to until you sign up for the live chat at ($9 a month). So I sign up, because I cannot wait. Open a chat, explain to the woman really respectfully what is going on, she looks it up for 10 minutes and responds by saying that she sees my ticket (email) and that she will escalate it to the top… blah blah blah.

So there I learn that live chat is basically if you have a question regarding the functions of the site, but it is basically useless regarding the things that really matter. MY MONEY!
In short, you CANNOT contact anyone about it, you can only email. But emails, despite their promises may take 3 days get answered.

So I send another email asking what’s going on and get a response that since I submitted 2 emails my ticket was moved back down to the bottom. (That wad their way of apologizing or exusing themselves).

In that same email they don’t tell me that my snapshot isn’t sufficient or anything like that (even though it worked for the first 3 transactions), they tell me that they need to speak to my clients to confirm payments…. Really? …. wow, okay

I respond within 2 minutes with two phone numbers.

(this is Friday after 5pm)

One of my clients get’s a phone call, confirms payment and they tell him that the money will be released “right away”.

The second client get’s a phone call, but misses it. (He is still waiting for another phone call). And of course you cannot call them back, because they use fake phone numbers using local area codes.

Well, guess what? The money from the first client that got the phone call from them was not released… and it’s Tuesday already. (almost a week from when I processed the transaction).

Never heard anything back from them in past 3 days!!

Conclusion: (aside from me being so frustrated, hardly able to contain myself)

Well, firstly I would like to say that I switched to Quickbooks online right away. They are a professional company with lower rates and faster deposit times (ONE DAY!). And you can call them!

The only reason I chose Wave over Square is because they had a good invoicing system. But i’ve used Square before and never had issues like this.

What I mean is this: Why make an issue when there is none????
Wave makes security issues when there is none.
I’m a legal, professional company in the United States. Why in the world would you pretend like there are security issues with my transactions if no one ever disputed or complained? There is no answer. Because if there was a valid answer, Square and Quickbooks would be the same concerned.
Stop making issues where there are none.

I would advise anyone reading this to go with Square or Quickbooks. You will end up being much happier. Unless you can afford these criminals withholding your money for as long as they like.

So again: system: too slow, crashes and freezes. OH, and annoying advertisements.
Support: only for functionality questions.
Service: absolutely horrible and un professional.

You choose.

Thanks!

Miguel
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 15.3.2018

Accounting, with all the bells and whistles, no costs.

My business accounting needs are not big. My business is small and provides a limited number of offerings that are easily tracked with any application. So, when I was looking for an accounting solution to further simplify and automate some functions, I was surprised at the number of products and the wide range of prices out there. I stumbled across Wave by accident and decided to give it a try. Besides being free, the list of standard features was greater than all other products out there... from free competitive services to paid basic subscriptions. Wave is truly amazing and I have found it extremely helpful. I use it primarily to bill clients: I create invoices, submit them via email, receive payments online, and request receipts to be sent to clients after payment. Wave provides notifications and simplifies all of my accounting in one place. I would not use any other product.

Wave is free, and packed with features one would typically pay for in other premium products. Wave is the perfect accounting solution for small businesses. For starters, it offers all the essential features ANY business needs... plus more. Manage estimates, invoices, and statements with ease. It even supports recurring invoicing, manage payments, and build a massive library of products and services to choose from for your estimates and invoices. Wave even manages receipts, bills and vendors to track expenses. Like more control than just simple single entries? Wave supports traditional double-entry accounting as well, for increase control of your business accounting needs. Need to accept credit card payments? Wave has a built-in merchant account feature that let's you collect payments online through your invoices. Make email invoices, or attach them as PDF files. And when you get paid, Wave notifies you. Funds are transferred to your connected business account in a couple of days. Reporting? Wave has you covered. All essential reports are available at your fingertips: financial statements, taxes, customers, vendors, and other general reports. And if your business has employees, Wave can handle your payroll. But this feature is a premium... everything else is part of your free account.

Christian
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 5.9.2023

Wave Accounting: The Optimal and Should be First Choice for Small Business Owners

I have been using Wave for a long time now. For more than 4 years and I have nothing bad to say about Wave Accounting it is absolutely amazing, and is way better than quickbooks in my opinion.

Wave's ability to automatically categorize and track receipts. Another feature I must mention is the invoicing capabilities. These features are more than essential to the small business owner and are easy to generate on the go quickly with the mobile application.

One aspect of Wave that could be improved is the mobile applications' ability to manage payout accounts. Also, the receipts feature remaining free would be a huge value add for logistics company owners.

Cost, UI/UX, Features

Cost, UI/UX, Features, Receipt Tracking
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 12.8.2018

Small business accounting, invoicing, credit card processing for minimal cost

As many other reviews have stated, there is no subscription cost for Wave, which is great. There have been a number of features added to Wave since I started to use it, such as recurring invoicing/credit card processing and direct bank payments. Wave's support is helpful, money is transferred quickly, and my invoices look great.
I am providing a more detailed review than I did the first time, but I have "sung the praises" of Wave a few times. (Including on Twitter, and they promptly thanked me for it - they listen, which is great). Wave is Canadian, and they are based in Toronto, but that is only one reason I chose to work with their service. I have a couple of complaints about their service, but nothing serious enough which would cause me to switch services. The flexibility of PDF/web-based invoices is great, retains client details, and it just gets the job done for me as a freelancer.

On a few occasions, my invoices got picked up by my clients' spam filters, so I tend to use the PDF invoice option. Not a big issue, I've followed up on it. Also if I take payment through PayPal, I can get paid in US funds, but I have to invoice in Canadian funds only through Wave because my bank is in Canada (even if I have a US funds account). Oh well, again, no big deal.

Apparently, there is auto-reconcile of transactions through AI functionality in Wave's future, which will address another pet peeve I have, but again no big deal.

Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 10.3.2021

Intuitive to use, great features and integrations, yet not for everyone

Wave was a joy to use, and it's free unless you need payroll! This is an excellent option for small businesses and contractors to get accounting / invoicing services very inexpensively, however note there are caveats that make Wave unattractive to some.

The Wave interface is very intuitive to use, and there was no intimidation when dealing with complicated matters like invoicing or expense tracking. Out of the accounting services we tested, Wave had the best user interface. Additionally, the integrations with Zapier and PieSync are excellent.

Bank reconciliation is known to be inaccurate with Wave, with many reports that data doesn't sync with the bank for months at a time. This is likely due to the banks breaking the connection with Wave's 3rd party service (Plaid) on a regular basis, but ultimately this is out of Wave's control.

Quickbooks Online und Xero