Über Wave Accounting

Was ist Wave Accounting? Wave Accounting, Teil der Wave-Suite von Finanzprodukten, ist eine webbasierte Buchhaltungsplattform, die kleinen Unternehmen dabei hilft, ihre Einnahmen, Ausgaben, Zahlungen und Rechnungen zu...

4,7
4,2
4,1

Nutzerbewertungen zu Wave Accounting durchsuchen

1.368 von 1.367 Bewertungen
Josh
  • Branche: Design

Bewertet am 5.8.2021

Awesome free accounting online software for your business that is super professional!

There is very little more I can ask for with Wave for my small business. It is free for the features I need and allows me to take only ACH or credit card payments with a reasonable fee and I only pay the fixed percentage when I use those features so I can just turn it off and get a check from a client and not pay anything. Great Flexibility!

Its free for small businesses that just need a good business accounting software! You can take ACH and CC payments if you want and turn them off on invoices you don't want it on. The rates are reasonable enough for using these services. The reports are easy enough for doing taxes. It's awesome and cheap for those that are one man shows or freelancers.

The thing that is the most annoying is when you want to do a recurring billing. It doesn't use something like Maintenance contract #1 then go to #2 or something like that it makes recurring billing invoice names that were the most recent of any invoices. Maybe I am not using it correctly, but each time I have to go and change invoice names then manually send it to the client.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

I originally chose Wave as it was free. Now I just love it and it works well for me so no reason to even look somewhere else.
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

Wave Accounting

My overall experience with Wave was excellent and I had no issues with this software. If it was not for a change in business practice, I would still be using Wave now.

The best thing about this software is that it is free and offer just as much if not more features than some of its paid competitors. You can also access it online from any PC.

They don't have a robust support line but considering you are not paying for the software, you can't blame them. Plus there really isn't any reason for you to need support as everything is user-friendly and there is adequate help features in the software.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Warum Wave Accounting gewählt wurde

Wave was free and offer the same functions and services.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Price
Donna
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Bewertet am 29.12.2022

Wonderful until it turned into a disaster

Wonderful until it wasn’t. A nice, usable accounting program with some limitations. But a disastrous payment experience for me.

The invoicing is easy to use. Clients can pay their bill online and I do not need to handle their credit card, input info, etc.

Wave Banking is a disaster. It transferred my money to a bank account that I cannot access. There is no text support to speak of. No one is on duty on the weekend. It’s been 6 days and there is no solution in sight. My power was cut off because all my money was glommed by Wave. There is no way to talk to anyone. There’s chat and the agent was very nice but it’s only available for a few hours on weekdays. Emails take hours, if not days, to get a response.

Price, easy to use

Die besten Alternativen zu Wave Accounting

Curtis
  • Branche: Bau

Bewertet am 22.12.2022

Wave Accounting, Critical! Yet user friendly!

Overall I love Wave and I consider it a critical component to running my business!

The user interface and navigation layout is fantastic compared to some other other "big accounting softwares" out there. I feel it's super easy to find things like old invoices, estimates and outstanding balances. Wave seamlessly interfaces with your bank account to make book keeping and reconciliation a breeze!

Some of the reports and categories are a little lacking. I have at times, had trouble finding specific information while trying to generate a report or documentation.

Warum Wave Accounting gewählt wurde

The expense was the number 1 factor but the user experience and ease of use were large factors as well.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

The cost was the primary factor.
Tim

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

What you get for free is astonishing with Wave!

If you need to keep track of your stuff in one place, and you don't want to pay for yet another service, then Wave is for you.It sure makes tax time and keeping track of your invoices, etc. a lot easier.

If you just want simple bookkeeping features without all the bells and whistles you'll never use (hello, Quickbooks), then Wave should be able to do the job for you with no problem.It's a no-frills accounting powerhouse that lets you focus on doing your job.

If I were a CPA or had some other strong accounting background, there are probably functions and features that are missing from the bigger, more popular "paid" services out there.But since I'm not, it's really hard to fault this software. If you're a beginner or just need basic accounting stuff done, this is really great.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

It does what I need it to do, and for free. It's a solid program that just gets the job done without all the extra garbage that you probably won't need.
Brittany
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk

Bewertet am 29.12.2022

Great for small business

Overall a very successful product -- and I can't believe it is free! It has been critical in tracking our expenses and sending invoices to clients.

We love to use this software as part of our small business. It makes sending invoices and receiving payments very easy, plus the invoices sent to customers are beautiful and professional looking.

We use the receipt tracking feature quite a bit for end of year deductions. The process used to be much easier with the app which was discontinued. Now it is a much more manual process to upload receipts.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

It was a free product! We have been very happy with it.
Elisa

Bewertet am 22.12.2022

Fantastic software that will save you time and money - and look good

Basically, it's all in my title. Wave is super simple to use, makes me look professional, and helps keep me organized. I'd recommend it any day of the week!

No real cons, it's a great product. One con could be the limited support on the free plan but I've never needed support so hasn't been an issue for me.

Xero

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

I chose Wave because of the good reviews I had read about it from previous users.
Kalina
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Bewertet am 29.11.2022

Wave Accounting, A Budget Friendly Must Have

My overall experience with Wave has truly been great this far. I haven't ran into any problems, I am able to get things done and track all information I would need to even if I am out and about. I would say that is a big positive in how I am solving business problems by using Wave Accounting.

Features that I feel are most impactful in Wave Accounting are customizable invoices, getting paid promptly and hassle free, and the business dashboard being easy to navigate in general.Wave Accounting is definitely easy for me to use in my opinion because I am able to track all expenses and keep track of all customers information and invoices easily even on the go.Integration with other business processes I use was very simple and painless for me as I was able to use this feature with a few other tools that I use separately from Wave.

As mentioned before integration in Wave Accounting was very easy for me to do. So no problem there. In my opinion Wave works great with my business, but as for larger business with 10+ employees it might be a bit more difficult as they are limited in software functionality, which is missing the option of an audit trail. The only other thing I feel Wave could improve is the limited customer service. Being able to have one on one customer support promptly is very important in my opinion.

Mohamed
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Bewertet am 16.1.2023

Wave Accounting is good program

I have been using Wave Accounting for a few months now and I love it! I thought it would be really hard to get used to but I actually find it to be very user-friendly. The customer service is also excellent. Anytime I have an issue, they are quick to respond and resolve my problem.I would definitely recommend this program to anyone that needs a good accounting software program.

The first is the cost. You can use Wave for free, but it is a limited version of the software, and you have to pay to upgrade. The paid version is $10 per month, which is good value for money if you need a basic accounting solution.The second pro is that Wave supports multiple users and "teams" within your business. This means that you can share accounts with other employees without giving them access to your bank accounts or credit cards.

If you're using a team account and someone leaves the company then they will still have access to all of your financial data until they close their account with Wave. This could be problematic if they decide not to close their account without telling anyone else in your team first (and they could potentially do this without needing any sort of password)

Pam
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 5.12.2022

Wave Accounting

Easy to use, inexpensive, payroll and accounting

Had a problem with the payroll tax deposit

Cheikh
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 12.1.2021

Good accounting software

The speed with which the credit cards were processed automatically saved me a lot of time.

This is a very complete software that allows you to build quotes and convert them into invoices in a fraction of a second without much effort.

Wave is excellent especially when it comes to credit card processing which is done automatically with a very low 1% fee.

It is very easy to set up and use and the cost is low or even free. Personally, I recommend buying this package because it comes with support: from setting up your account to the specific categories for your company .

The other advantage of Wave is the presence of a number of applications to send invoices when you are away from your workplace.

So even when you're away from home you can download them. In this case, all you have to do is take the photo on the spot.

The problem on the Wave software is not so numerous, but we notice that it is impossible to close a period correctly.

All members who are able to make transactions have the possibility to change or add entries from the previous year.

For me an administrator must have the ability to close a period so that no changes are made. User growth is also very limited.

The lack of audit trails for transaction entries is also a case of imperfection at Wave . Admittedly, it is possible to generate transactions, then generate reports, then cancel the transactions, etc.

But there is no proof that these changes are made yes or no, because the software is unable to remember its categorizations.

The keyword search function is absent from Wave in the transactions section and sometimes it makes us lose a lot of time.

Zoho Books

To test another software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

Because Wave is free and easy to use accounting software
Summer
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Bewertet am 6.8.2022

Wave has everything you need to run a small business

I LOVE this software. I have been using it without issue for 2 years + without issue and it has really helped me organize my business. I will definitely stay with them as long as I can

The best thing about WAVE is its ease of use. It was so easy to learn to use this. Additionally the invoices are really customizable. There is a huge amount you can do with just the free version but if you upgrade to the paid version you can access a lot more of the accounting features and payment features.

I like that for security reasons the software logs you out at the end of the day. The invoices look very professional and are downloadable and can be sent with a pdf attachment. When a partial payment is made you can send a receipt reflective of how much was paid, how, when and with how much balance left. The software will also alert me when a payment is overdue. You can also add tax and discounts to the invoices.

The only gripe I have is that when I made changes to the invoice parameters, I was unable to delete the old parameters because they had been used in previous invoices. It would be nice to be able to "inactivate" or send to "archive" these parameters.

FreshBooks

Warum Wave Accounting gewählt wurde

This software is totally customizable, will send emails to clients automatically and has an accounting component. It is MUCH better and more professional than anything I could do with pages.

cost
Andi

Bewertet am 15.5.2019

Wave Shows Me the Money!

Before I used Wave, I was behind every month on my invoicing. I hated sending invoices, and I really, REALLY hated being the Collections person, asking my clients to pay their bills. Then I found Wave, and my whole life changed. I was able to get set up super quickly, connect to my bank, add my clients' contact information, and set up the template for my invoices. Now, I have "Monthly Invoicing" on my calendar, and it takes me about 15 minutes to handle the task (instead of 2 hours). My favorite emails are, "Congrats! You Got Paid!" from Wave. I feel fantastic!

Wave has absolutely changed my business for the better. It used to take me about 2 hours a month to do my invoicing, which I hated doing, and so I avoided it. Now, I handle monthly invoicing in about 15 minutes. Plus, as new clients come in or one-off projects are completed, I can send the invoices quickly—like 5 minutes. So ease of use is absolutely the first thing I love about Wave.

Second, as a small business owner, I am in charge of acquiring new clients, executing the work, invoicing for the work, and then acting as collections when clients are late in paying. With Wave, I check a simple box that sends reminders to the client when things are past due. What a relief! It's coming from "my accounting department" rather than me. Hallelujah!

Third, the payment process is so easy for my clients! They can pay any way they want—check, credit card, bank, whatever. It's so easy for them, and I have had zero complaints.

It's also fantastic to know when clients have (or haven't) viewed the invoice. And getting the emails from Wave announcing that I've been paid are the best emails of the day.

The fact that all of this amazingness is free? That's just the icing on the cake. Thank you, Wave!

My only issue with Wave is probably a rare use-case. I manage invoicing for a client of mine. (Side note: Wave made it SO EASY for me to be an admin of her account but not the manager, and I can log into my account to access hers. It is AWESOME!) She sells programs, and her clients generally pay in one invoice. Occasionally, her clients need to pay in installments. It was not easy to set up a recurring invoice for only three months to send to the client, especially without a credit card on file. I had to create three different invoices, and label them as Installment #1, #2, etc. However, I recognize that this is probably a one-off user scenario that not many people would need. And I can't complain when the tool is free, and I found a workaround.

Invoicely

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

Honestly, it seemed ridiculous to pay a monthly fee and such high service charges with ProCharge. I'm not big enough nor do I send enough invoices to justify the cost. For Invoicely, the free plan accepts PayPal payments only, so this would be difficult for many of my clients that are businesses and don't use a PayPal account. And there's no branding available. Wave just offers a perfect solution for small businesses that's free while still being robust. I love it!
Felix
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 2.9.2019

A Solid Free Small Business Accounting Software

It’s been a solid piece of cloud accounting software, albeit limited. It’s hard to beat the price of it, and I have yet to find a similar but more fully featured one at the price of FREE!

I use Wave to keep track of my personal finances, from income to spending. In that lens, Wave performs quite well, allowing you to tag transactions that are automatically imported from your bank. It also lets you generate some simple reports such as your income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow. The interface is simple to use and understand, and I was able to pick it up (coming from an accounting background) in under a few minutes, without having gone through a walkthrough. The included ability to reconcile statements is also quite handy and allows me to verify that all transactions are posted appropriately. The inclusion of receipt tracking and tagging is also quite handy!

The best part about Wave is the price! If you don’t need features such as invoicing and payroll (some SMB’s may find these handy. From a personal perspective, I did not), the accounting software is completely free.

Wave still appears to be in its infancy, although the product has been there for a while. The user interface will frequently be updated (the reconciliation flow changed 3 times since I signed up about 6 months ago), and new features will constantly be added without any notification, often shifting often things around from where you expect them to be.

The reports from Wave are also very limited, so don’t expect any customizable reports as of 08/2019. You get about 12 reports total, some or all of which may not be very relevant to you, depending on your end goal. These reports are completely canned, system generated, and you do not have the ability to create new reports. This may change in the future, but as it stands, this is the current state of affairs.

The receipt tracking feature is definitely handy to have. While Wave will OCR your receipts and tag them to a category, it will actually post an entire transaction to the ledger when you save it down. For those of us with a bank account and credit card linked to auto import transactions, you’ll get a duplicate: one from the CC, and one from the receipt. It would be nice if Wave included some intelligence to automatically match the receipt and transaction together, but for now, you need to manually merge each.

Finally, as a small point, Wave does not obtain any service assurance through SOC1 or SOC2 reports, an issue that most people wouldn’t ever care about.

Xero

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

I mostly chose Wave over Xero for the price. As I’m using this for personal finance tracking, and not a small business, I didn’t want to have to pay Xero’s rather pricy monthly subscription.
Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 3.12.2019

Wonderful accounting software for starting and growing a service business

I haven't gone through a tax season with my business yet, but I have been an independent consultant and I anticipate having everything tracked in Wave is going to help me out a lot come April. It's so easy to use and I can focus on my core business rather than spending a lot of time on admin.

Wave helps me do so much. I can issue invoices, track them (I.e. I can see when a client has viewed it!), and allow clients to make payments directly through the invoice. I can also customize my invoice, which is great. I could do all of this from day 1. I'm a solopreneur and launched my business this summer. I was able to issue professional invoices from day 1 and track my expenses using their receipts app. The other thing I love about Wave is that they are very interested in feedback from their customers. I've had a few interactions with them and it's always been really pleasant. It's also free which helps me out a lot. I do use the credit card payments, which has a fee like any other service would.

Their mobile app could use some work, and I've given them this feedback. The receipts app is great to take pictures really quickly, but I generally have to use the browser to do anything else.

FreshBooks und Quickbooks Online

Warum Wave Accounting gewählt wurde

I needed something professional and long term.

Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Wave Accounting

The core software was pricey and I could have easily used Word and Excel and if I wanted a 'free' option. I also didn't need all the bells and whistles, so paying so much for this service didn't make sense for me.
  • Branche: Forschung

Bewertet am 1.3.2021

Best FREE Accounting and Invoicing App for Small businesses/Freelancers

WAVE is the best inexpensive mobile and cloud accounting software out there. I doubt if there is any accounting and invoicing software that can provide all of WAVE's features for free!

I use Wave Mobile App for my business' finance, for managing my income and expenses. I use wave for billing and creating invoices for my clients. After using Wave for over 2 years now, I can say it works quite well. It allows me to create client contacts, which the app automatically uses to create client record books. The interface is simple and easy to get along with. The fingerprint unlock integration is one of my best features because I am able to sign in to the app without trying hard to remember passwords or pins. Above all, I think the best thing about Wave is, you get most of the relevant features needed for FREE!

There are few hitches I encounter using wave. I am not able to write off a partly paid bill as bad debt if all attempts to reclaim the payment from my clients fail. Sometimes, people pay about 70% and fail to pay for the rest. In order to close the invoice, I will have to mark it as completely paid and doing that can overstate or affect my financial records and reports within Wave.

Elly
  • Branche: Design

Bewertet am 6.12.2019

OBSESSED

From the beginning, it has been fantastic. I manage all of my business accounting through it. I don't even remember how I found it so many years ago, but I cannot say enough good things about it!

This makes my accounting SO EASY! Not only am able to easily keep track of my expenses and costs associated with my business, but I'm able to create, issue, and track invoices. AND, to top it off, the invoices are so nice looking (which, as a designer, is a big deal to me).

I can not only issue invoices, but track whether they have been opened, viewed, and/or paid. And when it comes to figuring out my taxes, the system makes it so simple to get whatever information I need.

Finally, while I don't use it yet, I will be enabling online payments this upcoming year so my customers can pay their invoices online. Based on my experience thus far, I have NO doubt it will be great!

This is a difficult one as I really don't have a dislike....

If I really think about it, I guess I wish I could have different addresses (for me) on difference invoices based on the customer. I have two locations so it would be nice to be able to just issue invoices with different business addresses based on the customer.

Sara
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 13.6.2022

To keep tabs on my profits and expenses, I use Wave!

I love this program since it's perfect for startups like mine! It makes accounting responsibilities much easier, especially when you're running a business and need to keep track of everything in one location.

I like how simple it was to get started, both in terms of the set-up procedure and the user interface. Unfortunately, when our workload increased as a result of hiring a full-time employee, we were unable to use it.

For payroll, there are no choices, and even if they realize this, there is no remedy. As an illustration, we let one of our employees who had used up all of her paid vacation time to take a few unpaid days off.

Arthur
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Bewertet am 15.8.2022

Wave Accounting Review

An overall exceptional experience using Wave for my accounting needs. The only drawback is the automated banking transaction allocation as well as payroll management are not available in my country.

The basic version of the software is free and includes many features not found in paid versions. You don't need to purchase expensive add-ons to make it work for accounting, bookkeeping, or invoicing. Wave offers additional services that will help you improve your skills within the program.

Wave automatically syncs your accounting and invoicing, making it a great choice for small businesses that want to consolidate and automate their bookkeeping and billing. Wave's invoicing capabilities are unlimited and completely free. Wave's invoicing features are also customizable and easy to use.

Wave allows you to create customer profiles and send follow-up emails. You can also receive reminders and receipts for payment. Wave also offers a mobile app that lets you track and send invoices.

Wave accounting has an intuitive interface that is simple to use. Wave accounting is different from other accounting software. Wave accounting is easy to use and requires no prior knowledge. It is easy to use, and you can learn quickly as you go.

Wave's accounting software can be used for free. It's a great choice if you have a small business or don't need more advanced features. Wave's functionality is limited for businesses looking to grow. Wave does not provide multiple plans to increase its functionality, which limits its scalability.

It offers limited customer service. Wave Accounting offers only self-service customer support. Wave Accounting offers only one-on-one support to Accounting customers through Wave's paid Accounting Coach option.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 11.1.2020

Great Free Accounting Tool

We use it for multiple businesses and a non-profit as we are a small cluster of social enterprises that work hand in hand with each other. We are really enjoying working with this software and it has helped us tremedously, all while not costing us a penny!

On the positive side, this software's functionality is almost up to par with other options that cost a lot of money. Wave is free and for that price what they offer is unbeatable. It is a fully featured accouting software, as it is a web app, it means multiple people can use it simultaniously and it also works great for a virtual team. I like that it is made with non-accountants in mind. For example, when entering transactions there are "Accounts" - but these are only Accounts as a nun-accountant will understand: Cash, Bank, Owners Investment etc. - everything else is called "Categories". This makes it easier for someone not too versed in finances to understand - but behind the scenes Categories are Accounts, just like they always were (e.g. Office Supply Expense Account) - small and simple changes like this make it very easy to use even for a financial analphabet. Two mobile apps compliment the accounting software, one for writing invoices on the go, the other for scanning and (auto)recording expense receipts.

On the downside, and this can be a big one, you are not able to properly close a period. This means anyone with permission to enter transactions can go and change entries from last year, or add some. This can make things really messy and I hope they add a function where an administrator can close a period such as a month, so that no more changes can be made. Further, you can add other users, but the type of users are quite limited. I wish this could be controlled on a more granular level, e.g. there is the option to add a 'viewer' who cannot edit anything. The next level is somoene who can enter all types of transactions (you can turn of access to bank entries and writing invoices) but it would be nice if there was one where I can let someone add receipts with the mobile app but not do anything else.

• Branche: E-Learning

Bewertet am 16.2.2021

Wave Accounting: Could Be Perfect.

I am really happy having moved over from Zoho Books and before than from Xero.
I love that you can toggle between personal and business sides easily. Delegation is well thought out.
Personally, I love having my books in the cloud because I can hire a bookeeper who can get to know my workflow. (Wave also has bookeepers you can hire internally.)

It's perfect for people that are small entrepreneurs who need to have a business set of books.

Wave Accounting is a really great idea. Simple bookeeping for people that don't have "accountant-minds." It gets into a space where programs like Xero and Zoho Books are a little too complicated for non-accountants and creators.

It's got a fantastic UI.

Easy to use.

Fairly easy to setup.

Way more intuitive than competitors like Zoho Books and Xero Accounting.

Support is really slow. I get that it's a free service, and therefore you have paid support working for free customers. But support takes days to get back to you. So once you're setup, it's fine. But if you have a question or two doing setup, like I did, it takes an extraordinarily long time.

Granted, most people using this might not have to deal with multi-currency and Paypal in particular, but it's something to keep in mind.

Also, the bank connections sometimes fail. Although this is a problem with all of these services who use Plaid to get bank data.

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 12.8.2018

Small business accounting, invoicing, credit card processing for minimal cost

As many other reviews have stated, there is no subscription cost for Wave, which is great. There have been a number of features added to Wave since I started to use it, such as recurring invoicing/credit card processing and direct bank payments. Wave's support is helpful, money is transferred quickly, and my invoices look great.
I am providing a more detailed review than I did the first time, but I have "sung the praises" of Wave a few times. (Including on Twitter, and they promptly thanked me for it - they listen, which is great). Wave is Canadian, and they are based in Toronto, but that is only one reason I chose to work with their service. I have a couple of complaints about their service, but nothing serious enough which would cause me to switch services. The flexibility of PDF/web-based invoices is great, retains client details, and it just gets the job done for me as a freelancer.

On a few occasions, my invoices got picked up by my clients' spam filters, so I tend to use the PDF invoice option. Not a big issue, I've followed up on it. Also if I take payment through PayPal, I can get paid in US funds, but I have to invoice in Canadian funds only through Wave because my bank is in Canada (even if I have a US funds account). Oh well, again, no big deal.

Apparently, there is auto-reconcile of transactions through AI functionality in Wave's future, which will address another pet peeve I have, but again no big deal.

Bewertet am 9.9.2020

You don't need an accounting degree, but...

Genuinely happy with Wave for the most part. It's a perfect accounting companion for someone just starting up a company or working freelance. If you do your homework and due diligence on the front end when you set it up, and read a few tutorials and tips along the way, you should be pretty satisfied with what Wave can do for you.

Wave is so easy to use. In the past, we used QuickBooks and mostly put up with some of the quirks that platform has. With Wave, though, things are streamlined and fairly intuitive.

You have access to a dashboard that shows you all the important things going on with your account, invoices are easy to template and track, and you can link your bank accounts for even tighter tracking and money management.

Mostly what I like about Wave is that I can get in and get out and not get a giant headache trying to figure all of this out.

And we are on the free plan, so that alone is great.

That, however, does come at a price...

I'm not an accountant, so it's not Wave's fault that I don't quite get all the ins and outs I should. But my actual tax accountant tells me that she gets frustrated with how some of the reporting is handled and the way things are reconciled.

Part of that, I think, is that everyone is used to how things run on QuickBooks. So we've ironed out some of the issues and made due where we can. I did mention above that we are on the free plan, so we don't have access to a dedicated rep or some of the bigger features. That's ok for us, but other larger companies might not agree.

We have also had issues at times with how Wave handles syncing to our bank accounts. Sometimes operator error on our end, but sometimes not. Again, it's free, so you should expect to maybe have to put in some extra work here and there. Just letting you know.

Belinda

Bewertet am 9.10.2018

Simple Online Invoicing - Accounting Tool

As a small freelance shop, we needed an invoicing program with accounting capabilities that was simple to learn and use as well as being flexible enough for multiple devices. We tried several other programs but they were either too expensive or too complicated, with many functions we didn’t need, or were too hard to learn. It took very little time for us to learn and set up Wave Accounting for our office and start using the invoicing feature. We're quite pleased with the program.

We found Wave to be easy to learn and set up and it allowed us to connect to both bank and credit card accounts. Invoicing is easy and flexible allowing us to download a pdf and attach to an email for a client or to send directly from Wave. Our clients can print the invoice and mail us a check or pay online with a credit or debit card through Wave. Wave’s fees are competitive for processing the funds. The funds are directly deposited into our connected bank account, usually within two business days. The invoicing features were our biggest need and the program allows us to send the invoice, send reminders, mark paid and send receipts.
Setting up the chart of accounts was probably the most challenging, but there is a default chart which can be edited or added to and we easily found tutorials online. Their customer service was quite responsive to our questions.
The reports function gave us what we needed for monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting. All in all, Wave was a great solution for our invoicing and accounting needs.

We needed some specific tax calculations but found there was no way to add a specific formula into the tax account. This requires manual entries for us. Because the program is a streamlined accounting version, which is what we really like, it does have some limitations.

Belinda

Bewertet am 10.10.2017

Simple Back Office Accounting

Wave seems to be a company looking toward the future for small businesses. With their affordable, cloud based solution they also offer a receipt app for adding images to the expense files. There are many other integrations I expect to use in the future via the Wave Zapier connection. I have been using it for a year now and am just so pleased with how Wave works.

For small studios, new and busy entrepreneurs who trying to generate enough revenue to hire or outsource the accounting functions, Wave is like an answer to prayer. It is easy to open an account, it has all the accounting ledgers that the tax accountant needs, it connects to read-only of bank accounts and credit card accounts, and did I mention it is a free cloud-based solution. The user interface is easy to understand. You can create and send invoices as well as connect a business bank account to receive payment with Credit or Debit cards. The bank fees are the same as other payment processors at 3% currently. The invoicing function allows for automatically reminding clients when their invoice is getting close to being due and when it is overdue. Once the money is received it is a simple click or two to mark the invoice paid and tell it which account the money was received into. Like other complicated accounting software, Wave allows for setting up products, sales tax and customers. Unlike the complicated ones, it is easy to do. Running sales tax reports is a piece of cake. There are options for running employee payroll, too. All in all, because of the Wave accounting solution, I am no longer afraid of the books and can easily keep up with the administration of the financial side of my business.

It would be helpful if there were more tutorials available, but because the program is easy to set up, it has not been a big problem to figure things out or find third-party tutorials online.

1.368 Bewertungen