Über NCR Aloha

Aloha POS ist eine cloudfähige Lösung, die für verschiedene Typen von Betrieben in der Restaurantbranche entwickelt wurde: Freizeitrestaurants, Schnellrestaurants, Schnellimbisse und Restaurants mit gehobener Küche. Das...

3,3
3,8
3,8
3,1

Nutzerbewertungen zu NCR Aloha durchsuchen

74 von 74 Bewertungen
Edward

Aloha Everybody

We have partnered with NCR and have had a great experience from install to support.

Ease of use and the ability for our management teams to continue to program easily with out support.

The software and hardware were outdated in 7 years and cost a good amount of money. It’s understandable that technology advances exponentially however It becomes an annoyance to spend so much money for a limited time frame. NCR should have a trade program to help with the transition.

Warum NCR Aloha gewählt wurde

The software was not user friendly and was very outdated.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu NCR Aloha

We had issues with toast support in the beginning pushing us towards a company we were more comfortable with.
Peggy

Bewertet am 10.11.2020

NCR Aloha is here to stay

Very satisfied with the software programming overall. Very happy with our local account rep and local support. The support they give us is tremendous. We have been with Aloha / NCR for six years, started with 4 locations, and have added 3 more in the last 4 years. We have the same account rep which is terrific. He knows our Brand, our set up, and is able to make valuable suggestions to make us successful.

Asking the right questions to the right people, NCR can pretty much do anything we request. We use most of your product, including take out and delivery. I like that everything is integrated.
We upgraded to command center from secure access to manager our 7 locations, great software. Having terminal access to the locations is great for testing and training.
Management loves the Pulse App.

The way take out and delivery is programmed through AO. The delay between the POS data base and ATO is tedious.

The help desk support lately has not been as good since COVID. Most issues need to be escalated to a level 3 tech, and no one can be found when needed. Waiting and waiting for a call back. We have to reach out to our local support in most cases to finish the support call. Very frustrating for our teams in the restaurant.

Peter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 20.4.2017

It always comes down to service

I withheld final payment for the system until all the kinks were worked out and toward the end, I was told I was being given a discount of 10%. I still paid the full contracted amount that was agreed upon before the system was installed, but was confused how the discount was applied since the payment was the same. After many discussions, I finally understood: I was given a pre-purchase discount that sales personnel are allowed to give at their discretion. Someone in billing told me that "I was chosen" for the discount and it did not have to be given and she hoped that would show me their level of commitment. I told her, though the discount was appreciated when it was given months before, the initial discount had nothing to do with the service issues that occurred at installation, hence, that discount could not be applied to the problem. I told her that as a restaurant owner, I could not give someone a gift card as a gesture of generosity, and then, if when using it they had a bad experience, tell them, "at least you didn't pay full price"!

It works! It accomplishes what we need for the most part and the issues that arise from time to time are generally dealt with easily.

Service. Setting up the system was a horrible experience. There were no less than 3 trained technicians working on the install, yet it took 4 painful weeks to finally get it working the way it should.
Because it is a computer, I find it hard to believe that we are told sometimes that it cannot do that.

Die besten Alternativen zu NCR Aloha

Jessica

Bewertet am 26.7.2022

Easy to use and deploy

Overall this is a great system. It is a little dated but it does allow you to do many things that other POS systems dont.

This software is amazingly easy to use. I love that it integrates with online ordering. It is user-friendly and the reports are in real time.

I wish it was more updated looking. I wish you could change between screens without logging back in

Gründe für den Wechsel zu NCR Aloha

The ease-of-use and their long-term track record.
Patrick
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 14.12.2020

Review of Aloha

Good - We enjoyed working with the local branch and helping us set up or system.

The ability to integrate with many other third party software companies was very important to us. We are anticipating scaling in size quickly over the next few years and didn't want to outgrow our system.

None - we are happy with the software. We would perhaps like more training so that we can fully utilize parts of the software that we may not know exist.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu NCR Aloha

Our partnerships with other companies already established with our parent company.
Derick

Bewertet am 8.2.2022

NCR Aloha is very robust but needs updates

Overall the system worked well for many years but we ultimately replaced it for a more current option that provided better cloud-based tech for less money.

Ability to customize things like loyalty, gift cards, gratuity reporting is very good. system is a workhorse.

Updating pricing and creating buttons takes too long and is too complicated compared to newer POS systems. Customer service not very responsive.

Julia

Bewertet am 7.6.2017

15+ years experience using Aloha POS

Aloha used to be more an industry standard but they are falling behind the times due to outdated software and ease of integration.

Ease of usability for Front of house
Reliable
Industry Standard/ Familiarity
Good customer service if you pay for that service

Outdated software
Limited additional software upgrades
Lack of reporting options/ We use secondary program to generate reports (CTUIT)

Trishna
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 26.6.2022

Great way to streamline operations

Love that I can manage various aspects of my business-from point of sale, to inventory, and everything in between- via a single platform

It does take a little time to get used to all of the different features, and I find it takes a little too much effort to edit/change menu items from the back end

Steve

Bewertet am 15.12.2021

Still the same

I have used it quite a bit but not for years and I'm using again. The system has not changed much at all.

I liked it a lot in the 80's but now, it's still the same. It's clean and front end easier to use as it always was.

The software is challenging to navigate and is not as easy to use as many of the other systems on the market today. They system is clunky and takes forever to program and input new information for use. Then, the refresh that has to be completed. Outdated program.

There are way too many people and systems involved in the customer service. i3, NCR, Aloha...it's a joke when you need something done and it takes forever to get resolution.

Gabriel

Bewertet am 15.12.2019

Needs a major overhaul

Aloha has potential but overall all is cumbersome to use and not efficient.

Aloha has features that make it easy to adjust pricing and add menu items to tickets. It’s is simple to split checks and take multiple payment methods for an order.

It is complicated to customize an order of the presets for an item are not programmed in. Deleting or voiding items is not simple and you cannot easily combine tickets. The sales ring in through aloha do not always show up in the main accounting software used by our company.

My Review

Overall, it's been a mixed experience. Our local retailer got bought out by NCR and that's been a difficult process because the level of personal support changed for the worse. One of our largest deployments was delayed by six months+ because they couldn't supply us with hardware! Yes, NCR could not supply the stuff they manufacture. But again, that's not a software issue. Specifically software, it's been a good experience.

Device compatibility across windows workstations. Ease of end user use and ease of basic programming.

The worst part for us is the lack of the ability to push out changes to terminals without doing a complete system refresh and taking the entire FOH down for > 3 minutes. Often we'll notice a price or an item issue during business hours and have to take the whole FOH down just to update a modifier or something of the like. Also, there's no compatible tablets that work with chip and pin to line bust and run faster drive thru service. That's more of a hardware issue for sure, but it's a real sour note for us. Additionally the IBER process seems to be pretty fragile when using third party services like omnivore and even above store reporting suites. We'll have an IBER crash at least once a week during a busy shift.

Scott

Bewertet am 9.11.2020

Easy Choice

I've had great experiences with Aloha over the years. Customer support knows when to escalate issues and generally the response times are quick. The software is easy to learn for FOH and back office manager functions are intuitive.

Aloha has the capability to handle any concept protype in development then seamlessly transition into multi-units. Reporting structure is best in class with unit level metrics remaining a priority.

NCR Aloha is one of the pricier options which should really only be utilized with multi units. It's too robust and complicated for the average mom and pop place.

Square Point of Sale, TouchBistro und Revel Systems

Gründe für den Wechsel zu NCR Aloha

Scalability, fiduciary confidence, security.
Greg

Bewertet am 3.11.2020

NCR Aloha

Our overall experience with NCR has been great. The product, while it may be on the higher side of pricing, is well worth what you pay for. You just have to utilize it properly.

We started out with multiple POS systems across our properties, NCR was the easiest to use and most user friendly for FOH and BOH staff. It is easy to train on and easy to deploy once you have multiple locations. We have tried many other POS providers out there and NCR has always been responsive and quick to solve any issues or answer any questions that may come up.

Built in reporting lacks compared to other providers, their online reporting tool is good but still has a ways to go when compared to Avero. The initial roll-out of connected payments was needed by us and I wish we would have not went with the Verifone pin pad product they offered at the time. They quite often break down and are buggy.

Courtney

Bewertet am 12.2.2021

Best Restaurant Software

My overall experience with NCR Aloha is that it's the best software for any restaurant. I have used a few different ones and this one is by far my favorite. It's very easy on the back and front end. I do wish the customer service was easier to reach, it takes a while to get ahold of them. However, the software is so user friendly you probably won't need customer service much.

The best feature about this product is the ease of use. Aloha is extremely simple which makes it easier for new employees who have never served before. The layout is very blocky so that it's easy to read and click. This is true for both computer and mobile devices.

My least favorite thing about Aloha is that you can't do everything on the mobile app that you can do on the computer. Our servers use mainly the mobile apps, as they are going into theater auditoriums to take orders. It would be nice if you could do ALL functions on both mobile and computer.

Nichole

Bewertet am 10.12.2017

Aloha! Hello!

Aloha is a lifesaver! I have used many many systems in my 10 years as a waitress and the majority of the companies I have worked for prefer Aloha. The amount of modifiers per entree items help with being intuitive and helps with server training as well. Each entree can be assigned certain buttons that help the servers efficiently place orders with ease of access. There is also a way to add and delete buttons so that should your menu change or need updating, there is a way to update within 24 hours.

Adding and Deleting buttons is a little complicated if you are not familiar with the system. While you CAN do a lot with the system, it does take a lot of customer support to help any new users navigate through the software. This is a small price to pay for the ease of access that Aloha provides.

Bewertet am 25.11.2020

Great back office product

Absolutely great across the board

All aspects of back office management is well integrated into one platform.

Sometimes has long lags in between screens.

Kathy

Bewertet am 9.12.2017

Aloha POS works great

Overall this product works very well, and is very easy to figure out if you sit and learn for a bit. There are many integrated functions that allow us to do many things within the system. The staff finds it very easy to use as well. Very few problems.

I can edit most things on my own, and the ease of changing things in the POS is fairly simple. The ergonomic design makes it easy for staff to use.

I think the customer service sometimes lacks, in terms of getting through to the right person to help and then the problem never truly being resolved. Some of the buttons I have needed in the past, are not allowed on my end and I have to call and have someone add them to my end which is silly.

Brent

Bewertet am 3.11.2020

Aloha for Restaurant Chains

Overall very positive, my rep responds to issues quickly. The helpdesk at night and on weekends needs further training to resolve issues quicker.

The Aloha system is easy to use, easy to update, and is stable.

I would like to see Aloha partner with large delivery companies to develop a seem less software addition for incoming orders. It also would be nice to see Configuration Center have an option for live screen view when you are building out menus.

Vince

Bewertet am 8.5.2017

Ease of use Software

Been using Aloha POS software at three of our restaurants. Easy to train staff. Only negative is that NCR is too big of company to respond to customers needs on a timely basis.

Quick to learn. Great for multi units operations. No monthly fees, can purchase Aloha outright. Provides necessary reports to efficiently run and operate your business. Durability.

NCR support response time to issues . Monthly Fees for optional products e-cards, loyalty. Unable to purchase swipe e-cards from other sources.

Don

Bewertet am 17.1.2018

POS functionality

It is too difficult to navigate the back of the house functionality. There are too many steps involved.

Ease of use for servers in that the categorization and screens are easy to follow and remember. The checkout feature for daily data capturing is also very usefull.

Back of the house programming. Changing buttons and designing screens, along with changing the footer on the customer ticket, is too difficult to navigate easily.

Robert

Bewertet am 29.5.2018

Best POS enterprise on market

Have used over 4 different POS enterprises. Aloha and NCR is best service and options no questions asked

Have used full service, QSR, and mobile pos products and always have been satisfied. Hosted services are a huge plus. Customer support is always painless and quick to produce a solution.

A little pricey but worth paying. If app is implemented it is based off POS database making some changes to the app not feasible

Robert

Overall Satisfaction

Great and proactive experience.

As a franchise organization, I like the back of the house reporting and capabilities. Easy to use for the front of the house.

Programing new items into the software can be very time consuming.

Raleigh

Bewertet am 8.6.2017

Aloha POS

Aloha is amazing if you know how to work it.... You can run everything through it, reports, inventory, sales. It tracks what the employees are entering and who is voiding out tickets.

You have to take a class in order to really understand the full potential Aloha offers. We have used the system for 4 years and i am still having trouble figuring out each function.

Thomas

Bewertet am 24.7.2018

Dependable product

We used Aloha in most restaurants I've worked. I have used Aloha in Central America in 4 different locations. Purchased by owners for its ease of use.

Its older designs are not easily updateable. Support used to be a crapshoot, but now in the super competitive market of specialized POS, I'm sure they have improved their phone professionalism.

Anthony

Bewertet am 11.3.2020

Perfect for Restaurants

Overall it works great with ADP interface for timekeeping.

Aloha is perfect for restaurants industries. I used it at Fatburger at all our store locations. We pulled payroll hours and exported it into ADP easily.

I can't say much about what I liked least about it since I only used it for payroll purposes. However it had over great functions.

74 Bewertungen