SimScale Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über SimScale

SimScale ist eine Full-Cloud-Engineering-Simulationsplattform, die Ingenieurs- und Designteams die Durchführung von CFD-Simulationen (Computational Fluid Dynamics), FEA-Simulationen (Finite Element Analysis) und thermischen...

4,1

• Branche: Design
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 26.11.2020

Great opensource option

Very good, you get enough core time to struggle and tinker with a problem until you get the simulation right.

I do maybe one or two simulations a year, and it is a great, fast inexpensive relatively easy to use tool

It is slightly dificult to use, but this can be expected considering how powerful it is

Navaz
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 27.9.2023

Helps inform design

Simscale has been a great tool to simulate design massing and analyze site conditions. The cloud based simulation is quick and offers meaningful data visualization. Its been a great marketing tool to show clients our in house capabilities in building performance analysis.

We have mainly focused on the Pedestrian Wind Comfort feature that Simscale offers. It is intuitive and easy to set up the simulation, the software reads our 3D model accurately, lowering CAD clean up times, and hence was easy to integrate in our design team workflow. The online chat support is super helpful!

Data visualization could be slightly improved.

Amritpal

Bewertet am 11.10.2016

Advertisement technique isn't upto the mark and simscale should collaborate with cloud based...

As you know that your simscale platform is a great platform performing simulation on cloud and if you will perform a serve there are many regions on earth where internet speed is really great but In that region people buy moderate laptops and those can't perform simulation on 2 to 4 core laptops even though colleges have also low core configuration computers however if they use your platform with integration cloud based cad software and I believe if you take one step ahead with two advancements in your simscale ,first Collaborate your simscale with cloud based cad software and Second Spend more money on advertisement specially in colleges & schools. I realized it in my NORTH region of PUNJAB (INDIA) what I have written above. However if you give me official rights to advertise your product in my region then I can prove that I am right and your product will get more attention. THANK YOU for giving me chance to ignite your simscale improvements with my words.

I like the most about this software is background computation in mesh and simulation.

It should integrate with cloud based cad

Antwort von SimScale

Thank you for your feedback, Amritpal. Do you know about our integration with the cloud-based CAD solution Onshape? I think you would be interested to give it a try: https://www.simscale.com/blog/2015/12/introducing-simscale-connector-app-for-onshape/

Beantwortet am 24.11.2016

Die besten Alternativen zu SimScale

Mehar
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 30.7.2023

Sharing the Experience working on Simscale

Mostly we are using simscale for Thermal Comfort CFD simulations and outdoor cooling applications. So far, it is useful for us and helps us to achieve the project objectives.

I liked the most - It's navigator form, which makes it easy to learn and use this software. Other software, u need to have your own checklist to do the simulation in a correct way, one thing is missed, whole simulated results will be wasted. here, in Simscale , due to it's navigator form, u don't need to worry about the checklist. in addition to this feature, i liked how fast we can get the simulation done , generally CFD simulations are taking time but here in simscale , u can have your results ready within some hours. That is fantastic.

Yes, sometime as user i feel that i am not able to fix the simulation file/model when it is failing to run and i have to take help from customer support. Getting help from customer support is good but i want to avoid most of the times and want to fix it by myself which i can do easily in other software. for Example, sometime it is showing "error is encountered" but not showing the actual problem. Yes, as an user, i would like to suggest simscale to work on this point and also provide us the easiness to fix the errors/issue coming by ourselves when the run is failed.

Mathias Sønderskov
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 29.9.2023

Easy to use and you feel comfortable in the hands of their support

SimScale is a trustful companion in rolling out cfd simulations in enterprise scale. There's an easy learning curve and support is very helpful. Creating Pedestrian Wind Comfort simulations is easy for everyone! Now we can focus on design rather than the engineering behind.

As of today; I'd love an easier workflow to upload files and exchange parts of your geometry without uploading the entire thing in a zip. There are coming ways through API and Rhino plugins but we haven't been able to utilize it 100% yet.

Jairo Andrés
Jairo Andrés
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 21.3.2023

SimScale - cost effectiveness

It is positive. I understand that the company is in growth and continuous development, so some features are not available that you would like to have. However, they are very responsive and take note of your recommendations to incorporate them in future releases. For many applications, compared to other software, its cost-effectiveness stands out.

- Based on OpenFOAM, a software with fully validated results. - You don't need powerful equipment. You pay for what you use. Everything is in the cloud- It simplifies setting up a CFD simulation, especially for the non-expert user. - You have good online support.

- Although it is easy to set up and run simulations, it should be emphasized that it is still CFD / FEA software, so the user must have a minimum of training skills to use it. - It still has limitations for some complex industrial or research applications. However, the user can create a free account and evaluate SimScale operationally before purchasing a license.

Peter
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Bewertet am 3.8.2023

Fast FEA allows for faster design iteration

FEA is one of the best use cases for cloud software, and Simscale has implemented the software making best use of the technology. The biggest drawbacks of on-premises FEA software are the costs of equipment and calculation time. Simscale solves that. Instead of waiting hours for results of one FEA analysis, you get results in minutes making design iterations faster.

Having used the product since 2017, we've seen big improvements in user interface, but they still have a way to go. There is a learning curve, but their technical support is excellent both in understanding engineering design and the numerics behind simulation.

Sai
  • Branche: Automotive

Bewertet am 28.8.2023

Simple, beginner friendly and Elegant

I've had excellent experience with Simscale, enough to not let me look at another product.

The user interface is easy to use and improved over time. From Cutting Planes to Point Selection for Parameters, it is easy find the necessary study variables. The 'Core' system allows for rapid simulations for large problems. Making everything Automatic (unless otherwise specified) makes it user friendly. A large material selection for structural analysis.

Simulation estimates can be off. More CAD operations would help (example would be to split just faces instead of bodies).

samreet
  • Branche: Bau

Bewertet am 15.9.2023

Excellent User interface and customer support

Overall experience is great. The largest difference that using Simscale makes is the turnaround time on projects, the GPU powered computing significantly reduces the runtimes with minimal runtimes if any, therefore speeding up projects we work on.

I primarily use Simscale for the Pedestrian Wind comfort simulation for large scale developments. Integrating simscale into out workflow has been seamless, and the user interface is especially friendlier as compared to other CFD products we have previously used. The parameter configuration process pre-simulations is very intuitive and ordered, akin to a structured list. The mesh generation is also impressive, as it can be much more forgiving on complex geometry that we use, and for any issues, the documentation is extensive available online, along with great customer support.

There definitely can be improvements but that can be said for a lot of things. For the majority of the time, the setup process is pretty handy as simscale takes care of things on the backend, but sometimes it could be nice to change some of the finer parameters in a simulation.

Anton
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 8.9.2023

Very powerfull wide range Simulation tool

+There is a huge pool of possible simulations, from static/dynamic structural to fluid simulations.+As it is web based, it's not requiring a powerfull PC at all and does not occupy your PC at all while calculating.+Pretty good documentaion / Tutorials+Plug in Chat support: They are realy helpful and have a relative short response time

modyfing imported models is pretty awkward, but you can see they are working on it and it's getting better

Ajith
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen

Bewertet am 1.12.2020

SimScale User Experience

Excellent product at a reasonable price. With a professional subscription you get privacy for your data and a fixed amount of core hours that can be used for simulations. As you need you can buy more core hours at a very reasonable cost. Also, by controlling the number of cores (using simulation setup) you can manage the consumption of core hours. If you let the software automatically select the number of cores it can get quite expensive in terms of usage of core hours.
Also, tutorials and consultants make all the difference in terms of speed of learning. Customer service provided by the consultants in terms of responsiveness, quality and depth is outstanding. I have never experience better service in my experience of working 25 years in the software development industry.

EASE OF USE: I used it for compressible flow fluid simulations. It is very easy to setup and run a simulation in SimScale and analyze the output. SimsScale GUI is excellent. You can specify specify forces and moments and/or area averages to monitor statistics across specific faces of objects and also obtain statistics using post processing simulation results using cutting planes and particle traces.
EASE of SETUP: Because all computations are on the cloud you can use any computer with reasonable power to run SimScale using a web browser. Further you can submit many simulation runs which runs in the back ground on the cloud.
SUPPORT AND DOCUMENTATION: SimScale provides excellent library of on-line tutorials that enables you to self learn. They also provide unlimited access to a very competent, patient and helpful team of consultants free of charge to provide assistance with simple and complex issues.
EASE of LEARNING: You don't need to be an expert on Computational Fluid Dynamics to use SimScale. Having a basic understanding of CFD will suffice. I used the books recommended by SimScale to self learn CFD before using SimScale for increasingly complex simulations including Turbine simulations. Although I do have a Civil engineering background with graduate studies in Operations Research I did not have deep expertise in fluid mechanics and CFD before I got started. Between tutorials and assistance of SimScale consultants you can learn very fast.

SimScale user experience is fundamentally very good. I only have minor issues.
One feature I would really like to see in SimScale is to have the ability to specify surface area averages on a cross section created by an arbitrary cutting plane. Currently you can do that only on specific faces of a imported CAD object. For example inlets, outlets or surfaces. By defining a surface area average you can also see how statistics across that area change as a function of iterations. Currently only way to get this information for non-surfaces is by post processing simulation data using cutting planes. This requires more work and takes time. Also SimScale can be somewhat slow to paint the screens because of large amounts of data involved.
Another area of improvement is to provide more tutorials and documentation as to how to improve the mesh quality. Currently what is available is some what limited.

Christopher

Bewertet am 25.5.2016

Cloud Simulation Really Works

I have used a lot of simulation packages over the past twenty five years including Nastran, Ansys, Solidworks, and a host of others.

I have been using Simscale for about nine months now and it has become my goto simulation tool. The cloud concept provides a lot of benefits and one of my favorite is the convenience it allows. I am no longer tied to my Windows workstation, now I perform most of my analysis on a $250 chromebook. I can work on my simulations anywhere and I no longer have to worry about my ram or graphics drivers or versions of Windows.

While the convenience of a browser based simulation tool is great, it has also allowed me to run models larger than I have ever conceived on my own workstation. I can run a static analysis with over 20 million DOFs and it will solve in a couple of hours.

The value proposition is another huge benefit. The annual subscription rate is less than the maintenance fee I paid on my Solidworks Simulation with only linear static capability. Simscale includes linear and nonlinear structural analysis as well as thermal and CFD. I am also saving money because I do not have to worry about updating my workstation or Windows.

Simscale is not a perfect tool, the two biggest areas of pain for me are the element types and the post processing. Right now Simscale does not support shells, beams, or springs. They are limited to primarily to tet elements so you have to use workarounds to accomplish some things. Also, the online post processor works well for small and medium jobs but for really large jobs you will need to postprocess locally.

One other noteworthy area is customer service. Simscale probably has the most responsive customer service of any of the simulation companies I have work with.

Antwort von SimScale

Thanks for such a great feedback, Christopher!

Beantwortet am 7.10.2016
Jean Edouard
  • Branche: Öl & Energie

Bewertet am 23.6.2023

Jean Edouard lalanne review

Very good!

Easy to use and calculation "power" with remote Processor.

No possibility to calculate buckling and no possibility to input any load combinations.

Lorenzo
  • Branche: Sport

Bewertet am 16.7.2019

An amazing tool

This tool has enabled me and my colleagues to achieve great results in car aerodynamics simulation.

Its simplicity made easy to explain CFD simulations to the "newbies" and improve our workflow.

It is a great tool because is offers a lot of power for the simulations and simplicity of use that is unrivaled by other tools.

Sometimes there are very specific needs that cannot be satisfied. This problems affects only minor aspects of the simulations: SimScale can always be used as a main tool

Eva

Bewertet am 11.3.2017

Really cool simulation platform!

Hello,
I'm a student and I am part of the Formula Student. Therefor I wanted to learn Simscale after I participated in the FSG Workshop for Aerodynamics which was taught by Simscale. I think it is really practicable that it works cloud based. Therefor the simulations run through much faster and you can decide about the cores without having your CPU getting killed. :D
I think the workshops are awesome you can learn really fast. You get immediately support if you have an error with your simulation or some ideas to gain a solution for a specific technical problem. The project sharing function makes it easy to communicate with other Simscale Users so that they may help you if you have issues. I also like the different kinds of simulations they're offering. There's e.g. the CFD sector with compressible, multiphase and lots and lots of features.
The only sad thing is that it is not easy to handle for new customers or students. But with the workshops you may learn it if you want to so they give much effort to it to make it handsome and I think they do a great job. If you guys would improve the simulation program by making it easier to understand and handle it without converting everything in STL ASCII and maybe improve the CAD-handling in the program then it would be easier for students and for new users too and then I'll give 5 stars for ease of use too. The workshops are fine. :)

-doron
  • Branche: Tiefbau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 12.2.2021

surely recommend SimScale

I guess the above says it all.
Excellent CFD tool. Perfect support in both - knowledge, patience and response time!!

SimScale covers several applications for CFD analysis. My office is doing analysis and design for structures in the widest form. We do structures in Civil Engineering, Aeronautics, industrial equipment of all types. SimScale seems to fit any application within this list! The LBM option for wind pressure distribution on high rise. The PWC - an automated solution for wind comfort. The incompressible for airfoils etc. The multi-phase for liquid-air interaction. and probably a lot is yet to come.....

1. Show the CFL criteria plotted while running.
2. Enable video screen capture! now using 3rd party app.

• Branche: Verteidigung & Raumfahrt
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 26.11.2020

Flexible Cloud Based Simulation

Used it to design several generations of electronics enclosures

You can load your models into the browser-based interface and start the meshing or run the simulation without losing the ability to use your computer to do anything else. The interface is easy to use and learn

For best results, I had to defeature my models and convert them from Solidworks into STEP files so you do lose some time in the conversion and updating the models. There isn't a shared license so you have to have a single login vs a networked sharable license that you can move from computer to computer

Brynn
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 2.6.2023

Great customer support

I like the cloud computing feature the most as well as the really quick and helpful customer support

There are some features like rolling back to previous simulation settings that aren't developed yet.

Jaime
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 30.11.2020

Good CFD platform for initiates

Good for quick and simple CFD analysis.

Ease of usage, web-based platform, parallel running capacity.

Lack of some powerful features in CFD, mesher is not the best.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Ansys Fluent

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SimScale

Price, web-based.
Harald
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 15.9.2017

An excellent tool for mechanical analysis

Shorter development cycles, more capability in analysis mechanical components during the design stage.

It has a great user interface. Projects can be shared, version managed, and worked on collaboratively. It offers easy access to state of the art open source FEA analysis algorithms without all the hassle.

The 3D view could be smoother. It looks as if they are rendering it on a server, instead of having a true webGL interface. But that is only a minor issue.

Thomas
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 26.7.2019

Great learning tool and

It's free for public users/hobbyists making it a great way to start learning about analysis. It lets you be free to make mistakes and learn from them and try again.

I haven't used much other analysis packages so I don't really have anything to compare to

Gustavo
  • Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 7.11.2016

Nice aproach and easy to use.

the software is pretty useful, the tutorials are enogh if you had use any simulation software before, in the other hand, if i compare it with ansys im not sure about the the accuracy of the methods or the calculations. but as a fact if i have a hurry, i will use simscale it is faster.

the way it manage the data.
you can work any time and almost everywere

the confidence on the results is compromised, many clients requires some specific software in order to maintain this confidence.

Antwort von SimScale

Thank you for your feedback, Gustavo! The reason why we developed SimScale is to give everyone access to a powerful simulation solution. This is why actually our focus is on quality and accuracy of results. Please see here more than 40 validation cases that compare SimScale's simulation results with experimental data: https://www.simscale.com/docs/content/validation.html

Beantwortet am 25.11.2016
DongWok
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 10.8.2023

While using Simscale

It is good to be able to perform simulations necessary for design by conducting heat transfer and heat resistance analysis through Simscale.

Because Simscale does its work on the server, it's nice to be able to run it in parallel with other work.

I want to ask a question through the messenger, but it is difficult to ask a question because my English is not very good.

Jeff

Bewertet am 14.8.2023

SimScale in design process

I have had good experiences with using SimScale for FEA and thermal simulation.

Ease of use and implementation has made using SimScale software a success at DTS.

The minimum annual core hours and fee is a little much for our needs.

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 27.8.2019

Simscale is an interesting software for simulations

Now, we recommend simscale for everything related to digitally assisted engineering. It is very good for working with CAD formats, and for managing graphic comments or web visualizations. We also recommend it for complete analysis of finite elements (FEA).

The simscale platform makes it possible to work very well with design analysis, in the case of simulations. To these can be added 3D models externally, and you can add models of movement and turbulence.

With regard to BIM management, simscale lacks collaboration tools, a conflict tracking system, which would undoubtedly be very useful for managing its resolutions, and an internal documentation system.

141 Bewertungen