Über AccountEdge

AccountEdge's banking tools allow users to send and receive money, prepare bank deposits and electronic payments, print checks and reconcile accounts. The system's purchase order feature allows users create and track purchase...

4,3

90 von 90 Bewertungen
Gary
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Always Improving

Been using AccountEdge Pro for 12 years and I’m completely satisfied with this product.

Works great for us Mac users and the features improve with every upgrade.

Have to customize forms with every upgrade.

Antwort von Acclivity

Hi Gary,

Very happy to hear that AccountEdge is working well for your business.

We do offer an upgrade tool for your Customized Forms so you don't need to recreate them when you get a new version.

Here is a link to the support article to walk you through the process the next time you upgrade: http://support.accountedge.com/kb/upgrading/upgrading-company-file#FORMS2012

- AccountEdge Customer Care Team

Beantwortet am 11.9.2018
Jason
  • Branche: Immobilien

Bewertet am 24.2.2022

Good product if you have accounting background

I really want to like this software more but their lack of development in several areas make that difficult. In many ways it is much better and more secure than Quickbooks so if that is the target product you are researching then this might be a good alternative for you and your business. As you should with any software like this do your research and plan out what your needs are and how you plan to use it to make sure this is the right thing for you.

Overall AccountEdge is a pretty straightforward product with regards to accounting. Its major strengths are budgeting and the input of that data, financial reporting (monthly books) and accounts payable.

There are some bigger issues that I am not a fan of with AccountEdge and in my 26 plus years of doing accounting I can say there are some poorer products but there are a lot of much better ones as well. Accounts receivable and the vendor/customer input needs some serious updating. We recently did an import of our data from the old owners to the new owners and it took the developers some serious time to get that figured our and fixed even after we were told it was not that difficult of a process by support. There is not mass way to remove and customer/vendor profiles. The billing system, if you want to give your customers the ability to be sent their month invoices and make payments, actually resides in another product, Account Edge Connect not in the base Account Edge. With that being said they only talk to each other with a manual "sync" each time you want them to update the other. There is no way to export data to a banking website for things like Bank of America's positive pay. So ACH's are a very manual process. If it was 10 years ago I could see why this wouldn't be a feature but its 2021 folks and this should be able to be done at this point. Especially with how virtual we all have to be nowadays. Support is hit or miss. There are a few really awesome folks and then again not so much. They offer no after hours support so you better only have an issue between 9am-5pm eastern time, otherwise you are stuck.

Thomas
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 20.6.2022

The real Cost of AccountEdge is in Payments Processing

I'm a consultant that works with multiple AccountEdge users. It's important to know that there is an agreement between AccountEdge and Forte to share payments processing revenue. Forte will tell its customers that the rates are competitive but they simply are not. There are customers paying over 2% over market rates. Moreover, your rates will go up over time and because you integrated the payments you will be forced to pay the increases. If you are considering AccountEdge because of features you like go ahead and buy it but leave your payments processing non-integrated and choose a payments processing provider you trust

I'm focused more on the payments processing and warning prospective buyers on the downside of the exclusive arrangement between AccountEdge and Forte

AccountEdge/Forte Payments processing, IMHO leaves the user open to price gouging for credit card processing ,

Die besten Alternativen zu AccountEdge

Meredith
  • Branche: Druck

Bewertet am 17.5.2019

CPA is Baffled.

The invoicing functions work well, creating and sending pdf invoices via Outlook. Creating custom forms such as checks, invoices, statements is easy; I color-code them so customers can easily distinguish an INVOICE (red) from a RECEIPT (green) and so on. Most of the reports work, but I need to upload many to Excel to manipulate the data (to report retained earnings, for example). There is no option to strip the "pretty" formatting on BalSh or Income reports, so to make them functional you need to remove all that formatting (extra blank lines, merged cells, extra blank columns, multiple font colors, shading). This is annoying and unavoidable as far as I can tell. Their "Knowledge Base" and other support, including videos, is just sad. The live customer support when I first subscribed had a complete lack of understanding of accounting. A recent bug required me to send my entire file (a zipped backup) and take a week off while they repaired it and send back a "FIXED" copy. They didn't charge me, but I had to give employees pay advances and pre-pay bills to completely quit bookkeeping for a week. New ownership based in Israel may have improved customer service but I can't verify. There are payroll reports that accurately calc. 941s and W-2s and others but you have to use the numbers to complete the IRS forms online unless you want to buy the reporting program separately. I find the non-submittable reports work fine for doing the online forms and printing for my files.

After three years I'm comfortable with the daily use of AccountEdge. I used my failing Peachtree to calculate payroll for the first year and entered the numbers manually. Now I use the payroll subscription, which is not as flexible as I would like but it works. (I don't need the uploaded rates and could easily enter them manually.) I emailed a note about my frustration with manually calculating different matching and withholding SIMPLE rates for different employees and the answer completely solved the problem--the program now issues perfect paychecks and tax reports. This was one of two customer service experiences that were positive

My CPA finds it incomprehensible. As a corporation we carry profits and losses forward as retained earnings and are not required by law to distribute profits as dividends. AccountEdge does not allow me (or my CPA using his copy) to make the year-end adjustment to Retained Earnings reports so we can't know where we stand. I want to retire and sell or hand off the business but can't produce accurate reports via AccountEdge.
Also I detest the automatic numbering feature for payments (it's great for invoicing) and wish that could be optionally turned off. I pay at least half our bills online and record the confirmation number in the check number space, which is especially handy for reconciling half a dozen monthly federal and state tax payments to my bank--and to verify that I sent the payments! A great many confirmation numbers (IRS, Colorado payroll, unemployment, credit cards, FedEx, Comcast) exceed the maximum 8 digits allowed for check numbers. (I can enter the full numbers in the memo space.) It is obvious to me that the program had its origins in Apple/Mac as it has automatic functions that actually hamper accounting. It doesn't integrate with our estimating software as does QuickBooks so I may end up just using it for payroll (to avoid that Quick Books cost).

Karen

my program

it's great for custom reports, breaking down expenses for each job, setting up vendors and customers with custom pricing, discounts, shipping, and tax information as well as detailed contact information.

It is very easy to set up your company. It is very easy to navigate through the program. It has all the features that the big name overpriced software companies have and more. It works great for our air conditioning company with accounting that can be broken down by jobs. The payroll service is very easy to use and they keep it updated all the time. I think I have only called customer support 2 times and both times they had my questions answered right then. I would recommend this software to anyone needing to breakdown your accounting for custom reports, job tracking, employee handling.

The one pet peeve I have is that most of the payroll reports don't have totals you have to export them to excel and reconfigure them to get your totals or total everything by hand. Some of the reports they way they are laid out make it very hard to reconfigure them in excel. It doesn't let you access history more than two years so you have to look up on your back ups if you need to find something older.

Scott
  • Branche: Druck

Bewertet am 13.1.2017

Best Accounting Software Ever!!

I've been using AccountEdge Pro since it came out. before that I was using MYOB. I have tried QuickBooks and Quicken and frankly AccountEdge Pro works like I think. Entering Invoices, and purchases is simple and quick and updates my inventory. All of my bank accounts, credit cards, loans, lines are easily reconciled and auto payments keeps them updated. At the end of the year my accountant gets a copy of my file, reviews it, gives me accountant adjustments to enter, and completes my taxes. If I wanted, I could just print out any report he needs easily and he could complete the taxes with those reports. but since he is a AccountEdge Certified CPA he offers to do a complete review and helps guide me on setting things up correctly. I can run my business instead of having to be or having to hire an accountant for daily, and weekly bookkeeping!!

Flexibility to adapt it to my business needs.

?? In over 20 years of using the versions of this software any cons I had are gone because the developers listen an input users ideas and suggestions.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Fotografie

Bewertet am 11.9.2018

Longtime user. Could be better, but has been solid for us.

Generally good. Been using it for over a decade and it meets the needs of our publishing and consulting business just fine.

Fairly customizable to meet our unique needs. Love that payroll and inventory tracking are built in, not some extra service. Also tax forms (which are an additional fee), and credit card processing (but would be nice to use Stripe instead). Just added kits for inventory, which is long overdue. Basically it's one stop shop for us and meets all accounting, inventory, POS needs for phone sales.

That it is not an entirely online software solution so that we could easily (at no extra cost) access and work with data anywhere. That it does not integrate seamlessly with our ecommerce software (only works with Shopify, which is a more expensive and less flexible option than Bigcommerce). The tax form should integrate more seamlessly and be part of the monthly support fee.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Bewertet am 13.1.2022

Allow Time for Manual Entries

Fine for a small business with employees, but requires a ton of manual entry., even with a subscription that costs hundreds of dollars per year.

I like the ease of use, clean interface, payroll liability payments and other features, like recurring transactions, that are similar to Quickbooks. Price is fair and support is helpful. I like that you can attach documents, but if their location is moved, its no longer accessible within AccountEdge.

Not online or bank feed friendly, no full-service payroll option. Report customization is extremely lacking.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Gründe für den Wechsel zu AccountEdge

Capabilities with reasonable pricing
Georg C.
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 28.1.2019

Simple Complete Accounting System

We were looking for a small light-weight accounting system to manage some of our ancillary corporations that have very limited activity on them, but need to be audited yearly and reported to in public documents. Thus we wanted something that didn't allow much in the way of mistakes, and was relatively simple to use, without being overly complex and expensive.

Installation and use of this software is relatively easy, and requires little to no accounting background to accomplish. You can pick your industry, and the types of services/products you provide, give them some custom names, and the software will setup your chart of accounts, and having you rolling. Setup a few vendors/suppliers, and a few customers, and you can start issuing invoices and paying bills.

The software is not immediately accessible as it does not really follow any similar flow with current modern softwares. The basic system for each function, be it paying bills or selling product, requires either knowledge of exactly which steps you need to do, and in what order, or you follow the "guide" which is merely a large flow sheet of icons, with arrows pointing to various "next steps" in sort of a large circular picture.

Gary
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Bewertet am 10.9.2018

So Easy Even I Can Do it!

AccountEdge Pro is so easy to work with. Although there is a small learning curve at the beginning, it is a simple system that allows me to handle all the accounting needs I have.

Hard to find any real issues with AccountEdge to complain about. I do have to give it thought when I change from one banking account to another.. I have to make sure that I'm using the correct checks.

Sandra

Great Customer Support

I manager the office of a small company. We were using QuickBooks. Since their customer support was less than helpful and not based in the States, when we switched our computer system, I switched our accounting software to AccountEdge. The three big keys for me was that AccountEdge had customer service available here in the States that can be reached easily with a phone call, the price is reasonable, and they have a decent program.

Corrections and adjustments are more difficult to make.

Kathy
  • Branche: Eisenbahnbau

ACCOUNTEDGE NETWORK EDITION

AccountEdge has always been very helpful to resolve any issues I have had. I highly recommend this software.

I have used AccountEdge for many years. It is very easy to use and grows with our business. I can keep track of inventory and the auto build feature works well and saves me hours of time

I cannot change inventory item information once it has been used and I cannot combine cards if they info doesn't match. I must create new items.

Jeanette
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Bewertet am 26.1.2017

Accountedge for a non profit

As a new user, I had the opportunity to use customer support for free for only 30 days.
Sometimes it is frustrating to not be able to turn to someone with a question, but anyone with a lot
of accounting experience can easily use the software.
One of the pluses for our non profit, it that our payroll service is linked with our accounting software and they process out monthly and quarterly returns very inexpensively.

see my comments

see my comments

SHARI

SDR

The software is easy to teach and use in our business.

We get inventory error messages when we do not expect them.

Antwort von Acclivity

Hi Shari,

We offer free technical support via email for our customers. Please reach out to our technical support team at accountedge.com/help the next time you receive a random error message. We would be happy to help.

- AccountEdge Customer Care Team

Beantwortet am 12.9.2018
Michele

Bewertet am 10.9.2018

Great overall Accounting Software!

Overall very good accounting software. We've used it from the very beginning when it was MYOB. It's nice to see it keep getting better and better!

Great payroll tools and inventory management

Needs more in depth client management/contact. Also would like inventory ability to combine products for price breaks and more price break columns

john

Bewertet am 25.12.2021

user since 1994

they have always taken good care of us

works perfectly, info desk had quick and complete solutions

less well known, i have "brand name envy" because i use a lesser known program

Roxanne
  • Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 9.1.2017

Long time user - my brain loves AE

I've been using this software for over 15 years. I previously had used other software and even once left AE (then known as MYOB) to return to previous product based on CPA request. But literally, my brain hurt when I used that product. AE has such a clean and clear interface. It has so many ways to customize the app for MY preferences. The features are logically organized and easy to find, not buried behind a cluttered old-school interface or confusing menus.

I rarely have to call in for help, but when I do, it's handled. And all my software upgrades are delivered automatically. The knowledge base is robust, too. I've used that to improve my knowledge of accounting principles.

We are a small consulting services company with clients across the USA.

Carol
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Great Software

No problems overall. Very happy with the software

I like this software. It is easy to use. They do not try to rip you off every year or two on making you do the upgrade. As an accountant I am telling all of my clients about this software.

The fact that when or if you need to change a payroll check you have to delete it and reprint or post the paycheck.

Jeff

Bewertet am 20.4.2018

Pretty easy to use, covert and price-good package overall

Again very easy to use for current and new employees, easy to train and adapt, also conversion was quick and pain free. Very effective accounting program.

Lack of searching capabilities is the largest complaint. Searching mod would enhance the programs effectiviness and would make our accounting life easier. Please add.

Natalie
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Bewertet am 11.9.2018

I'm loving it.

AccountEdge Pro has everything you could possibly want in an accounting software and more. There is a bit of a learning curve to it, but the online tutorials and step-by-step help answers have walked me through almost every problem I've encountered thus far. Now that I'm using AccountEdge Pro regularly, I am able to look at my business' numbers and make financial decisions in an instant without having to guess about where we stand financially and what we can expect coming up.

AccountEdge Pro has everything I need and then some. No matter how big my business grows, I have confidence that AEPro will be able to accommodate me.

The learning curve can be steep. Some vocabulary is slightly different than what I'm used to using, so finding relevant answers in the help center sometimes takes a bit of creativity. Once the correct topic has been found, however, the answers are extremely easy to follow.

• Branche: Philanthropie
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 26.7.2018

Fantastic Software for smaller companies

I used it since it was MYOB and it has never let me down.

Ease of use; Drill down capabilities; Multiple reports

This program is ideal for a "simple" operation. That is, one location, even if it has multiple services and products. It can handle multiple companies, but if you are a conglomerate with 3+ locations and require consolidated statements, this will not due. It's AR,AP, payroll and billing functions are sufficient and I've never had data corruption issues.

Nothing I have come across, but this is great software for a simple GL. You can have tons of accounts, but if you want departments or cost centres, it becomes a bit more tricky.

I will advise you can only keep 3 years of data on it Depending on what you do, you may prefer the ability to drill down 5-10 years in your history..

Susan
  • Branche: Landwirtschaft

Bewertet am 24.9.2018

Using Account Edge

I started using your program years ago when it was called MYOB. Even though I don't use all of the features in the software I continue using it and keeping it updated. I have found that it is easy to navigate through and Tech support can always help me when I have a problem, which isn't that often.

When my customized forms don't transfer in the update .

Lisa
  • Branche: Lagerung

LS Account Edge review

I am not a real big fan of it. The order entry is very simple as well as entering purchase orders.

I think the visibility to payables and receivebles as well as some of the reports are a little misleading. Everything is by order or Invoice date, do not see a field for due dates on the payable reports. Wish it was a little more user friendly. I have used QB in the past and wish AE had some of the same capabilities.

Len
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 2.12.2016

AccountEdge is a stable, feature rich product for both the Mac and Windows Platform. For the small to medium size business, it offers a lot of bang for the buck.

The team at AccountEdge provides great service and is receptive to users suggestions.

If you are looking for a new or replacement financial system, give AccountEdge a look see.

Alexandra
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung

Bewertet am 30.3.2018

Overall good product but not my favorite

Worked with AccountEdge for some time but previously I had worked with Peachtree Sage 2010 software and by far Peachtree won the best of me. Account Edge is good as a "get-it-done" software, simple rounded to get you what you need, but in order to rely on the software for the long run is not recommended.

We got messed up by one of the updates the software made and started having blanks in our records, and noticed the update wiped out the recent information we had put in the system. Thank goodness we had updated not so long before so we didn't lose anything important but after that situation we decided to cancel our account with Account Edge and try Quickbooks for a change.

90 Bewertungen