Hotjar Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Hotjar

Hotjar ist eine cloudbasierte Plattform für das Kundenerlebnismanagement, mit der kleine und große Unternehmen die Klick-, Tipp- und Scroll-Aktionen ihrer Websitebesuchenden mithilfe von Heatmaps verfolgen und analysieren können....

4,6

Nutzerbewertungen zu Hotjar durchsuchen

508 von 508 Bewertungen
Ratish
Ratish

Bewertet am 5.12.2018

Hotjar Really Helped Us Leverage Our Business!

My overall experience has been good so far. Initially, we were worried about the user insights and heatmaps to test the pages/CTA'S for better campaigning of our products. But, as soon as we started utilizing the set of tools from Hotjar we are so happy that we are able to find a quick solution for problem that helps our business grow and provide our customers with a GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Have been using Hotjar for more than a couple of years and is the opinion on the tool
1. Hotjar has a very simple and easily accessible dashboard that has Heatmaps, Visitor recordings, Funnels created, Active polls, Surveys, and Recruiters.
2. Heatmaps have really helped us understand the landing pages and test various parameters for many of our marketing/advertising campaigns.
3. Visitor recordings and monitoring are soo good that helped us understand and rectify the issues that users come across. This has really helped our engineering/technical team in identifying the bug and fixing it ASAP thus resolving our customer issues quickly.
4. Had some experience on using the funnels as well which gave us some ideas on how to better modify the landing pages and we were able to understand the content.
5. The polls part has also added value to our business by letting us know on what the visitors are missing on our website.
6. The pricing of this tool is reasonable that students, enthusiasts and start-up companies can easily afford it. We have started with Basic Free Forever plan and later upgraded to Plus plan once our website started getting some good amount of traffic.
7. Multiple filter feature saves our time in analyzing the important pages and metrics.
8. Being a member of the customer success team for a couple of SAAS products I analyzed and learned some good metrics that helped our business grow.
9. Hotjar can be used by any team member like Digital Marketers, Support Agent

Although I do not have any cons in my mind regarding this tool I would just like to suggest the Hotjar team to give us quick response for any queries/ issues by providing instant live chat option.

Amy
  • Branche: Immobilien

Bewertet am 7.3.2022

Premium Solution for Improving UX and UI

Setup is easy- you just add a small snippet of code to the backend and you are ready to go. Customer support has always been very helpful we had questions or needed special assistance.

Our company needed some user testing and session data after launching a new service with our clients that was in beta. The analytics and session recordings alerted us to so many issues that would have been looked over. Additionally, we constantly use the analytics and reports within Hotjar to identify areas of our website that could use improvement or are not being utilized by our customers. We are able to A/B test much more easily than with a product like Google Optimize. We are huge fans of Hotjar!

The session recordings are great but there is currently no way to label the recordings, type comments or group them and organize them. As a result, it is very difficult to have hard data and numbers behind what the majority of users are doing or to go back and reference a user session. We end up looking through several and making assumptions based on what we saw in that group rather than relying on hard facts or better analysis.

Ioana
Ioana
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 14.8.2019

Great little tool for starting your UX research

I would be surprised if there was a CRO or UX team that hasn't heard of Hotjar. It's a great little tool, especially given the price, but it doesn't allow enough flexibility to be your main on-site research tool. It's really good for starting out and doing some basic research. Sweet and simple! I guess marketers could benefit the most from this!

Price. Simplicity of implementation. Good customer service. The scrollmaps and polls are my favourite, and only features I use.

Potentially slows down the site. Loads the entire js even when only running a poll, so puts unnecessary load on the page speed.

Forms have nearly never worked on any of the websites I have used it on. Funnel I don't really use - I don't see the point really. Free GA will still be far better and more useful at that.

Polls have very simplistic targeting methods. Adding one or two new targeting triggers would be awesome...but they haven't released any new features in ages.

Heatmaps are still very simple with no ability of segmenting the data.

I can't complain for the really accessible prices they have been able to maintain though!

Hey Ioana!

Thanks so much for leaving this review and sharing your thoughts on Hotjar.

Following up your feedback - we're always focused on minimizing any increased page load time with the Hotjar script on your site. Have you checked out this resource? https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009335727-Will-Hotjar-Slow-Down-My-Site- If you're having trouble please reach out at [email protected] and we can take a look with you.

There's new targeting and filtering functionality on the product roadmap :) https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012303268-Product-Roadmap Stay tuned for that!

All best,
Alex

Beantwortet am 27.8.2019

Die besten Alternativen zu Hotjar

Trevor

Bewertet am 16.12.2019

Must have for qualitative research

Hotjar does exactly what I need: gives context to the issues I see in GA, and allows me to get into the mind of the user with greater depth.

Heatmapping offers a whole new dimension of user behavior analysis, and Hotjar brings that to the masses. Installation is easy, setting up heatmaps is a snap, and results analysis is an easy task with the Hotjar interface. This has saved more of my precious time for true analysis, rather than setup and configuration

On the smaller Hotjar plans, the cap at creating 3 heatmaps at a time feels restrictive. Often, I'd prefer setting up more heatmaps and using fewer of the other features available (surveys and polls). If there were plans I could recommend that only contained the right services for my clients (ex: heatmaps only for small clients, fullstack for larger ones), I would 100% do it.
Crazy egg also has a sweet Chrome plugin which is not close to being replicated by Hotjar.

Antwort von Hotjar

Hey Trevor, thanks for the review!

Super to hear you're getting a lot of value from Hotjar.
You can get unlimited heatmaps on our plus and business plans.
You can find more information here

Thanks again,
Denis from the Hotjar team

• Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 23.4.2020

Great Heat-mapping Software

Hotjar has shown us critical user flow errors in the websites we manage, and has provided the information necessary to make calculated adjustments to our UI, resulting in a decrease in bounce rate and an increase in conversions and revenue. We definitely have ROI with our Hotjar spend.

Hotjar is very easy to setup. Simply signup, install the JS snippet, configure your recordings and you're off & running. The heatmaping tool is good, and the ability to record user sessions is nice when auditing user flow and customer activity on a website. We have derived some very insightful optimizations from Hotjar, which have ultimately impacted our bottom line & generated more revenue for our company.

The heatmapping visual report uses a generic resolution to capture the website image. The heatmap overlays are good, but we often need to re-capture a website snapshot, or reach out to support to get the map to match the click heatmaps. It is a minor annoyance, but overall the tool is very good at heatmapping and providing user flow and web traffic insights.

FullStory

Warum Hotjar gewählt wurde

Price

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hotjar

For our use-case, Hotjar filled our feature requirements at a better price than it's competition.

Hi,

Thank for taking the time to review Hotjar.

It's good to hear that you found Hotjar helpful in optimizing your websites.

If you want to reach out to me at [email protected], I'd like to send you a small thank you for your review.

Cheers,
Sharon from Hotjar

Beantwortet am 27.4.2020
Saalim

Bewertet am 20.8.2020

I Like HotJar to Track my User

Overall my rating to Hotjar is 9 out of 10.Really its very helpful tool.

Hotjar is hottest tool, that help me to see what my user are doing with my website. It is very easy to integrate using google manager or directly paste the code. One of the best thing in HotJar is Heatmaps it shows me which part of my website are working well.

Yes, Due to GDRP guidelines to do not shows data of text fields, also Its form tracking system is not working with Angular-Js website.

Hubstaff

Warum Hotjar gewählt wurde

Hubstaff shows data of Input fileds like input text or text area.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Hubstaff
Horea

Bewertet am 30.3.2021

Hotjar is a really reliable software if you want to know the truth about your website

Well, it is a pretty good event revealer. I can find out a lot of information about any of my website visitors and it gives me a lot of feedback so I can increase my traffic and my online sales.

This is a very strong tool that exposes the website visitors online actions and speech. Hotjar uses two methods, Analysis and Feedback. The Research tools monitor and analyze website visitors activity (see what they're up to), while the Feedback tools "listen" what website visitors are thinking.

In my opinion, Hotjar has at least two big problems, first is the limited page height that is set at 1500px and the second one is the disabled feature for cross-domains. Maybe they are just testing to see how it will work better in the future.

Bewertet am 3.9.2019

The ultimate voice of visitor tool - no need for anything else

Hotjar shortcuts hours of quant research by letting you SEE what's happening on your web pages, and HEAR a users thoughts. Priceless if you're in the business of designing web pages that serve your users better.

It's a one-stop shop. No need for expensive subscriptions to multiple tools. Everything you need to understand your visitors is at your fingertips. The only condition for success is that you actually use it!

Very difficult to think of a disadvantage. It's cheap. Fully featured. Customer support is great. Perhaps the fact that you can't run a/b tests too. But there's plenty of other great tools for that.

Hey David,

Thanks so much for reviewing Hotjar! We really appreciate it and it's great to hear you that you consider the tool essential in understanding your visitors.

Kayleigh

Beantwortet am 14.10.2019
Jaime
  • Branche: Marktforschung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 5.1.2022

A nice and affordable service to monitor users in your website

It's really nice to be able to see the journey a user takes and what it does in your website so you can identify pain points. Heatmaps are also really nice.

There's nothing we haven't been able to do yet or something we feel it may be missing.

FullStory

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hotjar

A colleague had already worked with Hotjar and he knew it was the thing we needed for now. I have used FullStory in the past but I didn't implement it and it wasn't on my area of expertise so I didn't know for sure it would serve our needs.
Pedro
Pedro
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 14.10.2023

Best tool to find bugs and pain points in your site

- Session Recordings - This really lets us know what are bugs and pain points in your site and having the timeline displaying tips were those actions were made is awsome (F.e, you can see in the timeline when the prospect is frustrated);- Heatmaps - This is very important to get an overall page knowing about what your prospects are clicking and looking

The analysis can be very qualitative. I wanted to see more numbers, especially with the revolution of AI

Ciprian

Bewertet am 4.1.2020

An awesome user research and feedback tool

An awesome user research and feedback tool with the most used features readily available. A clean look and a professional UX makes it my favourite tool. The free plan also has enough views/actions/events, allowing it for a good round of testing before going fully paid.

I'd like more popup options, something similar to GetSiteControl.

Hi Ciprian,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar. It's great to hear that you're getting a lot of value out of it.

If you would like to give us more detail about what pop-up options you'd like to see, you can do so under 'Suggest a Feature' from within your Hotjar account and our product team will pick it up.

Also, if you reach out to me directly [[email protected]], I'd like to send you a little something as a thank you for taking the time to review us.

Mike

Beantwortet am 14.1.2020
Atour
  • Branche: Forschung

Bewertet am 2.11.2022

Best for website visitor behavior analysis

It is outstanding for survey and forms purposes. Screen recording can be done easily using it.

Customer behavior analysis is very crucial for any website. As a analyst, I need to analysis data and I found this software is very useful in this regard. Heatmapping is an excellent element of this software. It is very easy to set up . Efficient customer support available.

A/B testing feature may be added.Event tracking record may be introduced.Price Little bit seems higher than others platform.

Ian
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 11.12.2019

There's really now substitute for sticky UX problems.

When you absolutely, positively need to know exactly what your users are doing, there really is no substitute for Hotjar. Is it a bit invasive? Sure! But literally watching users' every move has been where the market was headed for a long time. We have saved easily tens of thousands of dollars in developer/PM/design time by watching our users, and we've rolled those savings back into product improvements directly driven by data from Hotjar. Does that cross an ethical line? Maybe... but if you gotta have it, then you gotta have it *shrug emoji*.

Clearly the best software for watching your every user's every move. They could probably have stopped there. However, the tagging, filtering and playback functionality is an incredible upgrade to the tool. User journey videos are raw unstructured data, incredibly valuable but somewhat hard to leverage at scale within an institutional decision-making paradigm. The simple tools to add context and structured data by tagging and annotating recordings makes the core functionality much more valuable.

Everything about Hotjar is exactly how you would hope it would be. If you are considering it now, you should probably have already gotten out your wallet and bought it. You know what it does. It does it extremely well. The only thing I don't love about it is it feels kind of unethical. But hey, I get paid to do my job... and what is money if not a tool to get people to take actions they might not otherwise have taken (for example, recording the every move of every visitor to a website).

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear that you are finding great value in Hotjar.

From its very first day, Hotjar was designed with privacy of the end user in mind. If you want to find out more on Hotjar's approach to privacy please read this blogpost.

b/r

Denis

Jeffrey
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 10.9.2019

Must Have for landing Pages

Hotjar has allowed us to test ideas with web design. It helps confirm the effectiveness of certain visual cues, the flow of information and the effectiveness of the overall sales funnel by showing us exactly where the viewers attention is going on our web page. It has been an essential source for our overall analytics and critical to our design process.

Hotjar adds a much-needed type of analytics to your arsenal. It allows you to see exactly what your page-viewers (potential buyers) are doing, seeing and spending time on your landing page or funnel. It allows you to test different design cues or features and see how your targets react.

Also, the pricing is very convenient. Having this tool for free up to 200 pageviews per day is huge.

it's just one of those tools that you need if you want to build new landing pages and help them convert.

The only issue I've had with this tool thus far is sometimes the screen recordings come out laggy or completely black, but this happens rarely. Other than that, it's been very informative and a great addition to our toolset.

Hey Jeffrey,

Thanks so much for reviewing Hotjar! We love feedback and it's great to hear you consider our tool an essential part of landing page optimization!

Sorry to hear you've had a problem with Recordings. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] and someone will be able to take a look into the issue.

Kayleigh

Beantwortet am 15.10.2019
Soham
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 11.3.2022

I wish I knew about this earlier!

Hotjar has been critical to our micro analytics. We have been able to go through customer journeys at the most specific way possible. By being able to view the screen recordings (and its plethora of features within that!) along with heatmaps, we were able to test our website rapidly.

Hotjar provides you with the analytics that google analytics or backend website analytics will never be able to provide you with.

I loved how intuitive and simple the platform was, and how we were able to get the plan up and running, and analyzing in real time!

Another key feature is integration. We were skeptical at first as we thought it might slow down the website with extra code, but by integrating it with google tag manager we were able to get it up and running fast.

The pricing is very reasonable and we mainly benefited from the advanced features in the screen recording session!

Sometimes the recordings failed to capture the specific nuances of the website. Essentially the website showed up differently on the recording page section.

• Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

Bewertet am 20.2.2020

If you need help understanding your users, this is the app!

I LOVE IT! Helped us find how users are looking at our website and what they find important. Super useful too.

Detailed heat maps and scroll maps that allow us to know what is working and what users are focusing on on our website. I also love the ability to view recordings and segment them by UTM. Makes it easier for us to see what's working and not working per marketing channel as well as how to fix inherent UX issues.

I wish they made heat maps that segment by marketing channel like Crazy Egg. We have both and it's kinda a lot of money for both. I also dislike how it's hard to get iframes to be seen in recordings and remove HTML elements that we don't want to see in maps such as cookie banners.

Hi there anon!

Thank you so much for your kind words and your lovely review. So happy to see you are loving HJ generally and that it is helping you to fix issues for UX. This is great news!

Heatmaps = segment by marketing channel. This would be great (i.e. If you could segment by referral/UTM URL you mean?). Likewise on your idea regarding removing HTML elements, very valid. I will put your ideas to the product team.

Thanks again for your kind words and please do feel free to follow up with any issues or worries you might have via [email protected].

Kind regards
Bee @ Hotjar

Beantwortet am 21.2.2020
  • Branche: Möbel
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 19.1.2018

Hotjar is an easy and affordable user feedback tool that helps us tailor user experience.

We've used hotjar to identify navigational, organizational, and functional issues on our website that crop up in actual use, issues that may not appear in our daily use or testing. It allows us to see how users are interacting with our site and collect user feedback, and that lets us find ways to improve the experience

Using hotjar is like being able to stand next to your users and watch them use your site. This gives you actionable insight that many times numbers alone may not be able to tell you. And if you are someone who isn't comfortable sifting through analytics, it makes it extremely simple to identify potential problem areas in the user experience that you, being familiar with the site, might miss. The features are all sufficiently developed to be able to handle most straightforward tasks. Also, Hotjar is (at the time of this writing) very affordable for what you get out of it. My primary site is a local home goods retailer. We mostly use the session recording and heatmapping features, in addition to the poll feature. There are other features, such as the conversion funnel tracking, survey feature, and others. Although we don't use those much, the solution more than worth it for the recording and heatmapping. Their support is also fast and helpful.

There aren't many things to not like about Hotjar. I suppose one of the issues I have run into is that the conversion funnel tracking tool doesn't seem to accurately report metrics for us. I've never bothered to try and get this fixed since we use other methods to evaluate conversion funnels anyway. Otherwise, I haven't encountered any notable issues.

Bewertet am 12.11.2019

Hotjar Review

Great. It's an absolute must at our agency and allows us to offer an additional layer of depth when working with clients.

Hotjar has enabled us to tremendously increase our clients' website user experience in additional to overall conversion rate. Using Hotjar, we're able to see detailed heat mapping of where users are clicking that allows us to make strategist decisions involving website design.

Hotjar at times will freeze and not be able to serve the heat map properly. Usually, a refresh or something similar will fix this.

Antwort von Hotjar

Thank you, Andrew! We're glad to hear that Hotjar has been useful to your team and your clients. PS: if you experience repeated issues with heatmaps, reach out to our support team and let us know so they can look into it for you!

Beantwortet am 15.11.2019
Carlos
Carlos
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 25.4.2019

The eyes you should have on your website

As a web designer this tool allowed me to track activity of the first users and detect things like: resposive problems, image problems, where the users are lost, where the users dont click and why, where the use leaves my website and why and what the user experience was overall.
My experience with this tool has been almost fantastic, I would recomend it to every webmaster.

Hotjar is a very useful app, integrated with websites will allow you to track the heatmaps and every action the user made, divided by device and showing every data you can need and even more. It also has the hability to record every action of the user or track a funnel performance, I recommend this tool specially to optimize websites, because it will allow you to know where exactly the user is lost.

What I dont like if this software is that I would like to advice users that they are going to be recorded somehow but it doesnt have that option. I would also make a simpler design for admin the websites, right now it can be a little messy for new users.

Victor
Victor
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 18.12.2022

Best option for a heatmap tool

Even that the tool doesn't replace any BI team, it could be improve a site without technical people dedicated. Helps you to understand your users and increase the CR. it has more features but it's still the best solution in heatmap site.

Finding time to analyze all the data and apply the insights.

VWO Testing

Bewertet am 27.6.2020

Get to know how your viewers use your app.

I use it to find out about the outcome of my UX/UI decisions.

The best feature of Hotjar is its core functionality therefore recording a whole users session so you can watch it later.

Using Hotjar comes with some costs. First of all it costs money. It also slows down your website a little.

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoy our Recordings tools and use the insights to inform your UX/UI decisions.

Hotjar has been designed to have minimal effect on your site's performance - you can read more about the topic here: https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009335727-Will-Hotjar-Slow-Down-My-Site

Thanks,
Mike from Hotjar

Beantwortet am 18.8.2020

Bewertet am 7.6.2019

Hotjar Review

I use Hotjar to analyze load times and user journey on my website. This has really helped me see how far users are going through the site and which pages are more successful. I've also learned which call to actions are getting the most traction.

I love being able to track users as they access and view my website. The heatmaps are very informative and useful for A/B testing with the site.

I wish that the software provided more information about website visitors. The biggest downside is that I am unable to use the heatmap functionality for the email signup popup that is located on the site. I would like to be able to see what user's behavior looks like there.

Amit
  • Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 25.9.2020

User friendly and affordable

I've been using it for years now, I love it, it's affordable and very easy to implement on multiple websites as well.

That it's simple and easy to use, implementation literally takes a minute. The great thing is that you have so many tools in one place, heatmaps, recordings, surveys and more.

Sometimes when you generate a heatmap of a long page, the screenshot preview gets cut in the middle and you can't really see data of the lower parts.

• Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 26.9.2019

An Incredible Tool for Tracking User Behaviour on a Website

Overall, amazing experience! Recommended to anyone who is into website optimisation, SEO, and technology!

The best part about this tool is it lets you see what your users are doing after landing on your website. Tools like Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics provides the best information on how you acquired the user but Hotjar shows you what the users are doing after coming through different channels!
Webmasters use this data to analyse and fix the issues on their website. The implementation is easy and you can start collecting data from day 1.

Considering the number of benefits it has, its pricing is on a bit on the higher side. Also, I have used the Russian Tool - Yandex Metrica which provides the same amount of information for free. But if you have the budget, definitely go for it!

Hey there,

Alex here from the Hotjar marketing team.

Really happy to hear you're getting a lot of value from Hotjar! Thank you for the review.

Beantwortet am 17.10.2019
Jonny
Jonny

Bewertet am 8.12.2019

Powerful piece of kit

Very positive, would highly reccomend as a tool to improve site performance and to influence testing. Gives you key insights and analysis on the pain points of your site and can also add questionaire features which give invaluable information on how people find using your site.

Laden with features to help you better understand how users are interacting with your website to aid optimisations and CRO testing.

Against more expensive tools can feel like it lags behind in terms of UX, and the constant emails about trivial results can be tiresome to receive.

Hi Jonny,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us.

Great to hear Hotjar has helped you better understand how your users behave on your site and improve your site by doing so.

We are always working on improving our UX and are looking forward to some exciting updates in 2020. We are always open to suggestions for improvement, so if you haven't done so already, please submit a suggestion via your Hotjar account under 'Suggest a Feature'.

Denis from the Hotjar team