Caspio Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Caspio

Caspio ist eine cloudbasierte Anwendungsentwicklungslösung für Unternehmen jeder Größe. Die Plattform eignet sich für Branchen wie Gesundheitswesen, Medien, Behörden, Bildung, gemeinnützige Organisationen, Beratung, Kirchen...

4,3

• Branche: Halbleiter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 20.6.2022

Easy-to-create, low-code apps

It stands out for the wide variety of functions it offers and the possibility of creating fully customized applications without code. It has a very rich and integrated online database. It is ideal for medium-sized databases. Allows you to code business workflows. Records the time from start to finish of each task.

For new users it can be a bit difficult to manage its diversity of functions.

Antwort von Caspio

Hi David! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us.

Beantwortet am 24.6.2022
Elena
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Bewertet am 6.1.2020

So Impressed

oh the customer service both on chat, email, and phone, is a cut above the rest. I don't know how Caspio manages to always be there for me... so impressive. Way better than the big guys.

This cloud based Database management solution is really helpful for non-coders like me. So many features that really made my consulting business excel in the competitive industry like mine.

There should be a multiple check box feature, where the choices can be pulled from other fields. Also, the rules for conditions are very limited. For example, if you want to disable other check boxes when one check box is selected - you will never be able to do another conditional rule for that check box that you have said should be disabled. I mean, there should be an ability to apply multiple conditional rules on a field.

• Branche: Bau

Bewertet am 18.2.2022

Nearly impossible to cancel subscription

For the first few months, when I solely utilized the features.

It's very fast to deploy. If all your doing is entering forms and displaying that data without much customization to the styling or format, it works decently.

The platform is much more limited than they would make you think via the marketing. The majority of features I wanted to implement required workarounds that caused a lot of issues with CSS and javascript conflicting with other parts of websites.
After spending close to 100 hundreds trying to get workarounds functioning properly I decided to attempt to cancel the subscription, and then was told that they would not stop the recurring billing due to their terms which is not very obvious when signing up. Overall I would not recommend utilizing this product really at all, not because it's not functional, but because the company policies and management is terrible.

Knack

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Caspio

Mainly capabilities and pricing. It was cheaper than other alternates and it could be whitelabeled.

Antwort von Caspio

Hi Chris! We hold our team to the highest standards and regret that we didn't meet those expectations. We try to be as transparent as we can about our cancellation policies. We'll consider this feedback as we continuously try to improve the evaluation process for new users. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Beantwortet am 3.5.2022

Die besten Alternativen zu Caspio

Eva
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 28.7.2022

Great Product and Easy to Use

Overall, I have been extremely happy with Caspio. There is a lot of information in the form of videos and articles to help learn how to use the software. Also, their customer service is very responsive and has been able to help me with any issues I have had along the way.

The Caspio platform was easy to use and I was able to get an application started within a week of learning the software. Their customer service is great and very willing to help with any issues I had.

It was a little difficult to figure out how to get the app onto a website. I am not trained in coding, so I had to learn how to do a lot of things to get the app to work exactly the way I wanted it to.

Antwort von Caspio

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Eva!

Beantwortet am 10.8.2022
Michelle
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Bewertet am 20.4.2023

The Best Customer Service and Product for No-Code Platforms

I'm in the education business. Working with Caspio has allowed my organization to display, promote, and organize classes in a very attractive and efficient manner. Overall Caspio has been a solid platform and anytime I have needed assistance, there has been a team of people to help out.

I found Caspio to be a powerful tool in the customization and development of my App. So far, everything that we have wanted to implement has been doable, and Caspio staff has been there all along, offering guidance and support.

I honestly cannot think of anything I do not like because I do not have enough knowledge about computer programming, but I have used other platforms and again, Caspio has proven to be the most powerful.

Ben
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Bewertet am 20.7.2020

Best Database Software on the Market

We build ALL of our financial reports, safety & compliance reports, staffing reports, and more... We have an easy to use platform and we have moved up through various stages of use as we figured out more ways it could help our business. Now, we are POWER USERS with the full, unlimited package. We LOVE the software

I love Caspio because it is so easy to use. I work frequently with much larger companies, and they gush when they see how much power we have to manage our data with the Caspio platform!

I really don't have any real negatives. I love the ease of use, the customization, the data mining, and preset reporting.

Airtable und Google Workspace

Warum Caspio gewählt wurde

We just fell in love with the ease of use and the overall value provided by Caspio

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Caspio

Just liked the overall value and ease of use. We are very VERY happy with Caspio!
Nepal
  • Branche: Eventservice
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 15.5.2020

Digital Transformation out of the box!

It's great. We manage millions of records and have started to revert from an in-house data warehouse to Caspio as it provides no code administration, and a secure layer a data protection we don't have to strategize around.

Drag and Drop table relations gives you deep data mining capabilities, and the datapage wizard allows easier setup of a search interface but allows complex customization in later stages. #1 win for us is the secure surrounding caspio offers our data.

limited ability to build on an iPad. That would be very useful for on the go adjustments and configurations.

Zoho Creator

Warum Caspio gewählt wurde

Flexibility, No-Code Administration, Same day deployment and secure worryfree infrastructure.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Caspio

Application resilience and data handling capabilities.
Isam
  • Branche: Sportartikel

Bewertet am 30.6.2022

Caspio No Code Review

Amazing and perfect

Feature to Include HTML/CSS Coding to the DATAPAGES

There is not a standout feature that we dislike, Caspio is strong and fully flexible.

Trello und monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Caspio

The comparisons were basic and did not satisfy our needs

Antwort von Caspio

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Isam! This made our day.

Beantwortet am 6.7.2022
Julie
  • Branche: Öl & Energie

Bewertet am 10.6.2020

Create custom applications with ease

Wonderful! I was contacted by technical team and they offer to help you build your custom app. I prefer to be more hands on and enjoyed going through the various tutorial videos to learn how to use it and get more ideas for our custom application. I have some experience with databases and love that it had similarities to design features & concepts similar to Access and using SQL statements. Its amazing how much of your app you can configure with just a data page. At first I was really impressed with price per data page but as I learn in different video tutorials, a real robust application will take you to the mid/highest price tier.

Love the video tutorials and there are so many great and powerful features in the design side

Not sure about integrating with other systems yet (accounting) and using on mobile devices

Quickbase

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Caspio

Kintone has some different features but overall seems very similar. Caspio seems more straight forward to learn and utilize and has a good flow to design. Quick base is quite expensive.
Henry
Henry
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 16.10.2021

OK product, appalling support

We're a small non-profit theatre company and needed a simple volunteer management system. Caspio looked like a good fit so we started a trial. We were unable to complete our evaluation in the 14 day free period so we decided to pay monthly at our expense. A few days into this I was getting some advice from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] (our account exec) and she mentioned that we had committed to a one year term. I was surprised by this and said that I thought we were paying monthly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] pointed out that the minimum term was on the pricing page (which it was in small grey font). Unfortunately I had missed this and made a mistake. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was unable to do anything about this. I felt that signing a minimum term required a bit more prominence and shouldn't been hidden in small print - but [SENSITIVE CONTENT] said Caspio was firm on this. After weeks of waiting we've decided to terminate our subscription and chargeback the subscription. It's a pity as product seems fine, but when a company is unable to help on a small matter like this I feel this is a warning sign.

It was easy to get started with a range of pre-made templates. None of their features are particularly unique but they are mostly implemented well.

The user interface is very dated. It looks like it hasn't been updated in 20 years.
Customer support was appalling. Very slow to response and not empowered to take decisions.
Pricing plans are inflexible and require annual commitment that lock you in for a year at a time regardless of whether you pay monthly.
Use of marketing dark patterns to trick you into signing minimum term contracts.

Knack, Airtable und Zoho Creator

Antwort von Caspio

Hi Henry! Thank you for taking the time to review Caspio. We appreciate you sharing your experience and we're very sorry to hear about your disappointment in the annual term. We try to be as transparent as we can about our pricing. We'll consider this feedback as we continuously try to improve the evaluation process for new users. We're usually known for our exceptional customer support and we regret that we didn't live up to those expectations here.

Beantwortet am 8.12.2021
Dominique

Bewertet am 29.11.2019

Living in the low-code age

There is no doubt that Caspio allows you to create robust cloud applications very fast. As we have now entered the age of low-code and that the opportunity to have SaaS systems, that used to be reserved to large enterprise and government bodies, is now reachable to man small to medium size enterprises. In this respect, Caspio has played out an important and critical role by offering a reasonably priced and powerful platform to them.

Caspio is a very flexible tool for creating and maintaining SaaS systems for your company or for your customers. You need a basic understanding of relational database and how to work with them. Once you are there then, maybe after a few hours, you are ready to go. Everything else when it comes to creating queries and views, unless you want to create something unusual, is straight forward. Designing datapages is also quite easy and only requires a minimum of learning time. Publishing the datapages on your website is also excellent as Caspio offers different options for achieving it, depending on what web publishing tool you are using.

As we are doing solution prototypes using MS Access, we tend to upload the application database into Caspio to speed up the process when implementing a solution. The drawback with this method is that although we can upload tables and data, we cannot upload views. This is mostly due to the fact that Caspio does not handle views in the same way as MS Access, in fact not allowing a few functionalities such as calculated fields. Caspio, over the last few years, has come up with means of addressing this shortcoming by adding extra functionalities in database management.

Liz
  • Branche: Forschung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 24.7.2020

Dynamic software for managers wanting to create apps quickly without IT consultants

My overall experience with Caspio has been excellent! In the past, I have used Caspio to build an integrated set of applications for a Statewide startup program. Specifically, I created publicly available online submission forms and internal use applications including: portals for the paperless reviewing and scoring of submitted applications (for both videos and text/ file upload submissions), online participant registration forms, post program report collection tools and alumni tracking apps. The success of each of these applications was evidenced in their long term use, whereby we received and reviewed ~800 applications over 4 years. Currently, I am using Caspio to create stand alone applications for a different program. These include a sort-able and editable database of research facilities for public reference, a metrics report collection tool for grant participants, and a contacts database for internal use and tracking.

The organizational aspects (tables, views, datapages, authentications) and flow of the steps within each of these features are intuitive and easy to follow. This framework of a few 'tools' with many guided steps and options in each tool make it less intimidating for a novice to create an application independently that suits their specific program needs.

However, what I like just as much about Caspio is their amazing customer service. I can't say enough about their timely and courteous responses all the way from their Sales and On-Boarding Executives to their Account Managers and Session Experts (whom I highly recommend working with for insights and help with more complicated builds or specialized features).

Although Caspio is constantly improving their product and educational material demonstrating how to use it, there are always more features that can be added to allow users to control the look and feel of an application or to allow for example more filtering options across tables. However, there is a balancing act between creating user friendly features and highly customized ones without needing to write additional code to achieve the aim.

Douglas
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 2.8.2022

Caspio Delivers: If You Build It, Data Will Come!

Subscribing to Caspio is a bit like buying a german shepherd puppy. You have all this power and potential inside of that raw, untamed (and somewhat playful) animal. From day 0 until the finished product (fairly finished, that is), we probably had something like 21 full days of "imagining," designing, learning, training (training ourselves -- and training Caspio what we wanted it to do) and deploying. Project done.

The wizard-like interface helped reduce the investment we might otherwise have had to invest in learning a command-line interface. What's more, at first glance, a person might miss the fact that the hosting engine of the product is built into the product itself.

At least in our experience, it appeared that Caspio had given little thought to how a credentialed user would navigate from one "datapage" to the next in a finished application. Although there were a couple of rudimentary examples of this, they weren't professionally-linked to the otherwise-great engine that Caspio offered. As a result, we had to improvise our own interface from the ground up.

Antwort von Caspio

Hi Douglas! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We'll make sure to pass your feedback as a valid suggestion to the concerned team to make positive changes.

Beantwortet am 25.8.2022
Richard
  • Branche: Sicherheit & Untersuchungen

Bewertet am 13.5.2020

Caspio - The Best Database Platform On the Market

Thanks to Caspio, our project developed into Security Patrol Track Inc., a first class Security Guard Management system for the use by security company managers to track and document the activities of their security officers.

Although I had 35 years of financial experience in the security industry, when we first began our project, I had no experience with database systems whatsoever. I tried several platforms but couldn't even understand the terminology and never was able to actually create even one table. I then found Caspio and within an hour, was able to build a table, a submission form to enter records into the table and a report to pull the records out. It is truly a "No Code" platform!

Our original app has now grown to 250 datapages and we have over 18,000 users.

It is truly a "No Code" platform!

Our application, however, would never have been so successful (due to my lack of knowledge) without the support of the Caspio Customer Service and Professional Development staffs. They are all truly invested in the success of their customers.

Although it may seem to be sort of a contrived response, I really cannot think of a criticism of the Caspio system. The typical criticism of a technology company would be their inadequate customer service. However, as discussed above, their support personnel are almost always available, always knowledge and will always go out of their way to find a solution.

Ron
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 23.8.2022

Perfect tool for helping established businesses create their on customized software solutions

I have always enjoyed using Caspio to build for software solutions for clients. Whenever there is an advanced feature I need I can alays find the answer in Caspio's help center and forum.

Employees of businesses can build out customized software solutions in just a few steps. Learn to use Caspio in a short time using Caspio's learning center. Create a database that fits the specific needs of your business. Build out datapages to add, edit, and visualize important information.

Caspio can be a little to costly for small businesses or startups looking to utilize all of Caspio's features.

AppSheet

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Caspio

fully featured product, HIPAA complaince.

Antwort von Caspio

Hi Ron! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us.

Beantwortet am 26.8.2022
tim
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.8.2020

Caspio for the Win!

It's a great company with some exceptional people.

The software is relatively easy to use, but you must make a commitment to learn it. The great news is that if you aren't a programmer they have a great Managed Application Services Team that will do the work for you. The software has enabled our company to rapidly create solutions and integrate data that was previously stored in various spreadsheets and databases. We are connecting data that we never thought possible. Thanks Caspio!

Nothing. We have enjoyed the platform and the support has been great.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud und HubSpot CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Caspio

The experience with the people.
Jorge

Bewertet am 30.5.2022

Watch out for annual contract

It ended up on a bad note. Their customer service is really bad and they are always trying to sell you consulting. But the worst is their contract. I terminated the contract and they want to force me into paying for 11 additional months after I terminated the agreement.

I used it extensively for rapid application development and prototype implementation

Their limited graphical interface tools limits the user experience you can create. When asked for support to customize, you are constantly pushed to their development services which are very expensive. I never hired them but when I interviewed them to consider hiring their "experts," I realized they were the same support team members that "did not know" the answer and referred you to the development team.

Antwort von Caspio

Hi Jorge! We appreciate you sharing your experience and we're sorry to hear about your disappointment in the annual term. We try to be as transparent as we can about our annual contracts. We'll consider this feedback as we continuously try to improve the evaluation process for new users. We're usually known for our exceptional customer support and we regret that we didn't live up to those expectations here.

Beantwortet am 1.6.2022
Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 13.7.2018

Definitely not NO CODE, add-ons kill value, good for basic apps.

Quick "basic" web app and form creation.

Tough review because I like Caspio. And the support is generally pretty good. Basic apps and workflows are pretty easy and intuitive.

The No Code Needed is very misleading. Most workflows and apps I have built or needed required some functionality that had to be "custom coded" with javascript. There was no out of the box option for some database/app functions I thought would be standard. If you look at the support forums there are a lot of people stuck needing special code written to make it do what they need: https://forums.caspio.com/forum/49-caspio-javascript-solutions/ And calls into tech support often ended with "you will have to have some custom code written to accomplish that" for a fee. If you are a Javascript guru, you will be much better off. But the friendly pictures on their website of small business owners touting no code I'm not sure is a reality for most. If you are going to use it I would recommend the pro level because the costs add up after you use 5 data pages. Other seemingly basic options also come at a cost. To be able to select previously uploaded files in a report to download them was an additional feature. I think its more for businesses with some tech staff that needs out of the box apps built but then they can code to tweak. Average Joe, not so much.

Brian
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 6.7.2022

Easy Excel Replacement

Customer service has been great. There have only been a few time where we could not figure out how to do something and they were very helpful in finding solutions

Straightforward to implement without needing an entire coding team. Sometimes in the documentation, it can be challenging to decipher how something works, but the forums have been great for finding ideas and solutions. The support team has been responsive and helpful whenever needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If you are used to coding, the no code solutions can sometimes be cumbersome to figure out. There are definitely times where I wish I could just write the SQL query or other code instead of using the GUI.

Antwort von Caspio

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, Brian. If you have any features you want us to include in the next releases, feel free to add it to our Ideabox: https://casp.io/3rd0tmK

Beantwortet am 25.7.2022
Jackson
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 13.11.2019

Caspio: A Superb Database Solution

A recent update (v19) impacted all the database applications created in Caspio. However, after using the ticketing system (1st in 2 years of licensing), they responded with fixes immediately within 1 business day. Impressive customer service on that front but not so much with testing of updates/patches.

Caspio is very flexible allowing users to easily create many types of databases (submission forms, search engines, web pages, CRMs, Analytics etc).

There is no easy backup solution. Caspio allows for 1 complimentary restore but will charge for additional. If they allowed the user to self backup and restore, this would be a bonus.

Maya
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

Bewertet am 6.7.2022

A user friendly way to streamline business processes

We started using Caspio for project tracking but have since been able to expand our use of the software for to compile many of our processes all within Capsio including registration forms, CRM, reporting, etc. Capsio has allowed us to streamline many of our business processes as our organization increased in scale and capacity, allowing for more efficient workflows and business organization.

It is quick and easy to set up new data pages and tables within Capsio and the online tutorials are great tools for new users. The software is quite user friendly, even for those with little to no code experience.

The main difficulty our organization is currently facing is regarding the formatting and Styles within Capsio. For users with little coding knowledge, the visual formatting of pages can be difficult and hard to integrate with current organization branding and websites.

Antwort von Caspio

Hi Maya! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad you were able to streamline your organization's business processes with Caspio. We have a lot of tutorials on YouTube that can help you improve the style of your applications: https://casp.io/2z1kHlk Hope that helps!

Beantwortet am 25.7.2022
Lucas

Bewertet am 24.7.2020

Simple and Easy to Learn

Caspio software has enabled me to develop customized online applications to the preference of mostly non-profit organizations, that I provide consulting services, to create simple and clean applications that enables them to document and track services provided to clients as well as outcomes. I am able to create standardized reports with appealing charts and graphs. I like the latest version of Caspio which incorporated responsive DataPages.

The ease to create the database structure including the table relationships, DataPages and quick deployment with little coding. I like the authentication protocol which makes the software very secure.

The REST API is a bit challenging and costly.

ALban
  • Branche: Animation

Bewertet am 6.2.2023

very practical in writing applications without code

overall perfect, all the apps i've built with caspio really help.

I most often use caspio to build applications for large companies. they are very secure, the trial version allows you to delete the application before switching to the paid version. very easy to use for everyone

the big problem with caspio is the cost which is very high whether for the paid version or the trial version

Daisia
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 29.5.2020

Dependable company and software

Caspio is very easy to use. In addition customer service is always readily available to assist you. There is barely any down down. This is just what my company needed; a cloud software to fill in the gaps that IT infrastructure couldn’t. This software was brought in to assist our department over 5 years ago; now the entire company uses Caspio. What a great product! I highly recommend it.

There is not one thing that I can say that I like because I like everything. There have been so many updates and features added. It will definitely work in most scenarios.

I really can’t think of any, they go out of there way to assist you and make sure everything is working.

William
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Bewertet am 21.10.2020

Great software for a company supporting remote work

We converted our custom Visual Basic & SQL database system when we made the determination 5 years ago to stop renting office space and have everyone work from home. Caspio allowed us to replicate that legacy system and totally get rid of our servers required to support that system. Currently, we have no infrastructure for any IT services, it is all "cloud" based.

We did lose some of the functionality we enjoyed with Visual Basic. However, after figuring out as many work arounds as possible, we do not miss that functionality anymore.

213 Bewertungen