Assembla Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Assembla

Assembla ist eine On-Premise- und cloudbasierte Softwareentwicklungsplattform, die bei der Verwaltung und Sicherung von Dateien mit Git-, SVN- und Perforce-Plattformen hilft. Die Software wurde für die Entwicklung in der...

3,8

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 29.3.2023

Assembla Review: A Versatile Project Management and Version Control Platform

Overall, Assembla is a versatile platform that provides a range of project management and version control tools for businesses and development teams. While it may not be suitable for everyone due to its complexity and learning curve, its advanced security features, integrations, and customization options make it a valuable asset for businesses and organizations that require robust project management and version control capabilities.

Offers a range of project management and version control tools, including issue tracking, time tracking, code reviews, and more.Provides cloud-based hosting for Git and Subversion repositories.Offers advanced security features, such as two-factor authentication and SSL encryption, to protect sensitive data.Provides integrations with a variety of other tools and platforms, including JIRA, Slack, and AWS.Offers customizable workspaces and workflows to meet the specific needs of different teams and projects.Provides a free trial period for users to test the platform before committing.

May be too complex or feature-rich for small teams or individual developers.Steep learning curve for users who are new to version control or project management.Limited customer support options, with no phone or chat support available.Some features, such as the code review process, may be time-consuming and cumbersome.

Jared

Bewertet am 3.2.2021

When GitHub issues just don't work

Overall our experience with Assembla has been positive and it is indispensable to our workflow. While it would be possible to replace it with another product, it would not be without the pain of changing how we work to accommodate the tool.

Ticketing is critical to our process for managing software project. Assembla has a great list view that allow us to have custom fields for each project. This allows us to create views into projects that sort and filter tickets by criteria meaningful to our stakeholders.

Additionally tickets have good support for relationships and some hierarchy.

This is in contrast to GitHub or GitLab issues, which offer limited support for sorting and filtering and require a tedious management of tags for everything not provided by default (which isn't much)

A project with any serious complexity should consider using Assembla for ticket management.

The wiki syntax for tickets is non-standard and clunky. Developers use Markdown for every other tool that requires them to write prose. The lack of support for Markdown seems like a fairly large oversight. This becomes especially egregious when developers refuse to learn yet another syntax and just paste markdown into tickets despite the lack of support. Who can blame them.

A more minor point is that the various features lack a coherent design language and level of quality. The UI/UX can be fairly different between modules, almost like they were written by different teams or at different eras of web development history. Also the level of quality varies wildly. You will find that some modules are rife with bugs and interface quirks while others operate bug free using modern interface idioms.

Overall this makes the product seem lower quality than something more polished like GitHub, despite having a solid core of features needed for real project management.

Bewertet am 23.11.2023

HORRIBLE user experience!

HORRIBLE

CANNOT RECOMMEND

I did not even get AN EMAIL just to ACKNOWLEDGE I had reached out to them for help (and presumably someone will eventually get around to responding in this "chat")

I... suppose I could paste a public ssh key (and it seems to work)

CANNOT EVEN CHECKOUT ANY REPOSITORIES - not with ssh and NOT with username and password!

apparently User Management is a complete PAIN to use with these guys

oh and the "chat" says someone will response WITHIN A FEW HOURS

Antwort von IDERA

We are very sorry to hear about the challenges you have faced while using Assembla. We would like to clarify that checking out repositories is a core component of our platform and can be done without any issues.

Our support team has found that, in most cases, this problem occurs due to incorrect username and password combinations. Please make sure to type up your password and avoid copy/pasting, as this sometimes can introduce other characters inadvertently. Additionally, if you log in with SSO or MFA, normal passwords won't work and you'll need to create an SSH key and add t o your Assembla profile.

But we'll be happy to look into this issue more closely. We're actively searching for your support ticket, and to help us locate it more efficiently, please send us an email at [email protected]. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to resolving any issues.

Beantwortet am 27.11.2023

Die besten Alternativen zu Assembla

Andrzej
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 3.2.2021

Kanban driven but needs improvements

Kanban board is one of the most advanced features from the market, it's quite clear and nicely designed. Sometimes drag n drop were rigged but lately i think it got fixed. Github integration should be in price not in higher tier as it's quite used.
Wiki pages could be extendend.

I don't like that there is no emergency line as it should be in Kanban theory.
I can't customise priorities
Whole board view is horizontal driven i can't do a tree structure and see it from top down. Which is difficult if we need to monitor and organize more then 1 milestone or topics on one board.
I can't have a view with 3-4 boards on its , we have 3 or 4 boards per project in a team, and as a team we should have a view which merges all 3-4 boards and allows to plan and organize tasks with the 4 different projects.

Excel / google sheets export could be nice - sometimes for overall planning the cards are too heavy and there is too much colors, excel is quite tabular, and with my client we are often using excel beacuse its better for fast and simple view - this could be major enhancemnt to prepare simple view, which would give overall ticket status in form of table with columns

Vladimir

Great product, biting prices

Overall experience would have been great, if the company did not keep increasing their prices and changing billing models. In a span of four years my cost increased 500%. The current billing model charges you per user... never mind that the user can exist in multiple teams. Essentially, Assembla can collect fees for the same user from multiple companies. Not all the companies talk to each other, but some do... great business model, for Assembla. Not so great for the end user.

Ticket management tied it to repositories, easier to use than GitHub system

Navigation menu that tended to throw links to all the Git repositories on the same level as main menu item. A dropdown with a mega menu for the repositories would have been greatly appreciated. The team did try -there's a mega menu for spill over items and ability to move things around, but it's not enough and implies more work where none should be required.

Ashish
Ashish

Bewertet am 27.8.2019

Managing & Controlling the Code is So Easy with Assembla

It's one of the application which we use for our work has no downtime.

Any query raised, is answered in kind of no time.

Easy to use. Application has very intuitive interface.
Fast Speed
Reasonable Price
Awesome Support

1. Though, the User Interface is interactive, but, if some change reports are introduced, should be helpful.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Jira

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Assembla

Cost Effectiveness and Earlier Trust
  • Branche: Gewerbeimmobilien

Bewertet am 4.12.2018

Great Project Management tool for Software Development

Very positive on Assembla. We have used Assembla for 5+ years. The new enhancements are great. Really appreciate how Assembla listens to their clients feedback and takes action(s) on their recommendations.

We like Assembla for it's collaboration amongst our team members spread all over the world. It provides real time metrics for our developers. We have had several other firms attempt to lure us away from Assembla.

The development team likes the ability to set up quick Sprints, allocate team members to specific tasks, and have all documents contained in one centralized system.

José Paulo
José Paulo

Bewertet am 8.11.2016

Excelent Platform

Assembla is a great platform that helps me on software development. I reached Assembla when I was looking for a reliable SVN server. Besides that, Assembla provides lots of tools that turns easier manage our software projects. My team is very happy using Assembla

Easy to use.

Hi José Paulo,

Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team.

We'd love to send you a shirt! Email [email protected] with your address and size and we'll send one over.

Hendra
Hendra

Bewertet am 16.1.2018

I started using Assembla two years ago for 18 months daily

I can get information about my task, my priority, sprint, estimated, change, acceptance criteria

It provides what needed functionalities for collaboration. Like mentioning, notification, workflow, repositories, recent activities. Especially the recent activities, that was the first to go when I opened Assembla. I could find who mentioned me, what card I was following, etc.

This tool is great for a big team that needs everything in one package. Although it comes with reasonable price, it is still expensive, not my choice for small / starter team.

Bewertet am 20.12.2018

Good tool for project management

This is a good tool for smaller teams, but I would like if they didn't raise their prices so much.

I like how you get all your tasks and your code repo in one place. Also, Assemble makes it easy to communicate with your team members with in-built mentions and there ability to reference other tasks or code commits. I also really like preview option before you post your comment.

I don't like that they've changed their pricing model. We needed to add 1 additional team member, and we needed to switch to much more expensive model.

• Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 8.2.2021

Hasn't kept pace with competitors

To be honest, there's nothing I really like about the product. It's ok but there's certainly no standout likeable feature.

A few years ago I asked for Markdown to be added as a text format option to match Github and other development platforms, I'm still waiting.

The ticket preview on click has made working with the tool harder because I can no longer middle click to open multiple tickets. Right click and open in a new tab is awful because the tab takes over the window so to open multiple I need to right click, open in new tab, switch back to the previous tab, rinse and repeat. Shift click and control click don't work either. The whole feature seems like a face-palm.

Integrations significantly lacking compared to competitors

Mikko
  • Branche: Halbleiter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 12.2.2021

User experience

Ticket usage easy although tag filtering is too restricted.

1) Hard to create project specific views other than based on single tag, which then disables further tag filtering for user.
2) User management page is unacceptably slow, we have close 1000 users and page is so slow that browser always complains that page is unresponsive. It takes at least 20 seconds to load the page.
3) ticket description loads very slowly compared to comments etc when opening ticket. Bad user experience.

Alperen

Bewertet am 4.2.2021

Nice and smooth running product

It is important for us to track cardwall on each milestone that we aim. In that regard, viewing/drag&drop on the cardwall is the most used part in this product.

I miss the ticket templates in this product as I prefer to have the option to create a ticket template and don't have to write the same stuff over and over again. Our colleague sent a request I assume 2 years ago but still that feature is not there to use.

Moti

Bewertet am 18.11.2021

Could be better

The website is easy to use.

I have lack of basic features that I have in all your competitives.
Im working with git source code. I don't have:
- Delete branch from manually from website.
- Disable merge button if no reviewer accept the code.
- Set number of minimum reviewers

• Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 7.12.2016

Much better than other Project management tools

The Best ticketing system that I have ever used. Sleek design, easy to understand. Assignments and priority are easy to adjust. Drag and drop cardwall

Awesome tool that helps me communicate with developers.

Hi James,

Ash
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 22.11.2016

In my experience, Assembla is a very easy application to use. I like how you can organize your ticket view to however you want to experience the app. I usually filter it so it only shows tickets assigned to myself so I don't get lost in other people's information. Overall, I would definitely recommend Assembla to someone looking for a productivity tool for the workplace.

Organization of ticket view, ability to share information with colleagues, and ease of use.

I wish it had a multiple image upload rather than having to drag the image into the comment box.

Hi Ash,

Eric
  • Branche: Computerspiele

Bewertet am 16.8.2018

Much more expensive than Github

It works well and originally the price was great

The company raised the price on my account multiple times without ever communicating with me. At the end they were charging me 7 times the price of github. I can get the same features from tithing for over a year for the price of two months at Assembla. :(

Bewertet am 14.1.2020

Good product, but a little pricey

Overall, we've been happy with Assembla, other than the pricing. It is easy to link from one area of a project to another and user management is a breeze.

The integration of wikis, git repos, and a ticketing system all in one product offering is pretty convenient; and user management is straightforward. Our new employees have been able to jump right in without a lot of training.

The pricing is a little high compared to other product offerings.

• Branche: Computerspiele

Bewertet am 22.4.2019

A great online source control for projects

A great software to use for source control on your projects.

Assembla is great at managing large digital projects, not only within an office, but also when working with people remotely. Assembla's source control functionality is what you expect, but I also really like their ticket system when projects can be defined in a very goal oriented way and then tracked through their life.

The price is good for small teams, but once the team starts to get bigger, or you add people who won't be permanent, but you need them added for a short time, it can start to get pricey.

martin
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Feels Kind of Old

It's a simple tool that is overly complex to use.

Task management in the application is simple and effective.

The UI is bizarre and very old-fashioned. The software feels like it was designed in 2011. There is no tight integration with Github, which is a clear deficiency of Assembla. It is also VERY chatty and seems to send email about everything.

Sureshkumar

Bewertet am 8.2.2021

Awesome......

I am a using Assembla for more than 6 years. Everything is awesome except cost and support. ;)

Support. Cost is huge but we get a discount. :)

Peter
  • Branche: Design
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 8.3.2021

I Only Use it for Hosting SVN Repos

Basically I use it like the SVN version of Github, but more lonely. It works, and I like that it works.

I only use this to host my SVN repositories, because there's nothing like Github out there for SVN. It gets the job done well, so no complaints from me. 👍

Besides my unresolved support ticket related to a specific device that I use, the most annoying thing is the reliance on an environment variable (REPO_NAME) to distinguish between multiple repositories when connecting by command line to svn.assembla.com, instead of relying on URL like any sane API.

I have four repositories that I want to access from the same device, so setting this variable globally on my device configuration isn't an option. It seems like Assembla engineers assumed users could just set this globally on their device, which was a false assumption.

Keith
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 16.2.2021

My toes curl when I have to use Assembla

I want to have a way to organize messages that everyone can see and follow up with which is the point of Assembla for my team, but messages get constantly lost or forgotten about. I look forward to never using Assembla again.

My favorite part of Assembla is people in my company are moving away from using it lately.

It's clearly written by programmers for programmers and I am not a programmer. Menus are unintuitive, it's impossible to find anything I'm looking for. The interface is ugly and complicated while simultaneously delivering too much information and nothing I need to see. And I get either hourly, daily, or no emails? What about weekly? You have due date AND deadline? Why are these different?

I only use Assembla when I have to and it's always painful.

Sayan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 29.11.2018

Simple and Great Defect Management tool but lacks some features

I have used many defect management tools in the past but this one is undoubtedly the best defect management tool. It is easy to use and simple. The defects can be tracked easily.

There should be some options to manage the requirements as well. It would be very helpful.

• Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 2.11.2018

Gets the job done

Our company has a large number of ongoing projects with even more milestones in progress at the same time split by teams. Assembla has been helping us have a smooth and uniform process.

As a developer, the main functions I interacted with are the repository and ticket management.

Both are intuitive and easy to use. Particularly the ticket management function which has a very practical layout. You can easily see where each ticket is in the pipeline and the overall status of that particular milestone.

In the ticket management function, the quick add module view could be slightly wider but this is a personal preference. It's fine as it is now.

102 Bewertungen